7.2

1. DStewart
    Aug 28, 2008
    The demo was awful, and the marketing videos they released look terrible compared to 08 or even 07. I almost cancelled my pre-order but decided to give it a try anyway. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it plays quite well, and the courses are breathtaking! I miss the driving range in 07 that I would pop right into, but the real-time online play should be a blast (and speeds things The demo was awful, and the marketing videos they released look terrible compared to 08 or even 07. I almost cancelled my pre-order but decided to give it a try anyway. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it plays quite well, and the courses are breathtaking! I miss the driving range in 07 that I would pop right into, but the real-time online play should be a blast (and speeds things up considerably) Very pleased, and relieved I didn't cancel my order. Expand
  2. GaryC.
    Sep 3, 2008
    A massive and I mean massive improvement on 08. Control is much more user friendly this time, graphics are nice , loads of options ie different types of games, ability to "tune" your clubs to suit your style of play and much faster online play. If your a fan of golf games and have bought previous Tiger games, then get this as EA have done themselves proud this time.
  3. BillC.
    Sep 7, 2008
    It's a very good game and looks very good. The way you can fit your clubs to the way you play is great.I don't care for the bland announcers.
  4. NateR.
    Oct 26, 2008
    Dynamic player characteristics make the game challenging and keeps you playing for hours. One bad round can absolutely destroy your character and force you to rebuild your attributes. Very well done.

The overall game play is not very realistic, but this has always been a problem in EVERY golf videogame. Something needs to be done in future iterations of the game to account for the RIDICULOUSLY low scoring. Players routinely shoot scores in the low 50's, high 40's, which is simply unheard of the PGA tour. The 2010 version should place obstacles (shorter drives, more water, higher trees) designed to prevent scoring rounds in the 60's. Also, the team at EA should put serious consideration into allowing for user-generated courses in the 2010 version. But all of these requests are spices which would make an already great game perfect.

The online game play is fun, the inclusion of a shot-clock was brilliant! The ability to post your best shots and scores online keeps you playing the game once you've achieved 100% game completion.
    If you're a Tiger die-hard like me (I've purchased the game every year since 2000), you'll love it; this is the best version they've developed so far. If you don't like other golf series, the online play and ability to fully-customize your character should keep you interested. If you're on the fence, it's definitely worth purchasing (or at least a rental). Enjoy!

Tiger 09 is remarkably improved across the board.
  2. I’m not sure why EA stripped away features that already worked beautifully. I wish this year’s five new courses were just the beginning of the additions instead of one of the highlights, but it’ll have to do while we wait for a course creator.
  3. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is a good buy for anyone who loves the series and demands every update, and is a must-buy for players who have enjoyed this style of golf but have yet to add a Tiger Woods game to their collection.