5.7

1. Apr 17, 2012
    When I first got my copy of TW 13 (Master's collector's edition), I was disappointed. The presentation could be a LOT better (blurry graphics, kind of cheap looking menu screen, etc.), so that kind of ruined my first impression. But with that said, after playing the game a few hours I realized that this actually is a GREAT game. I've been playing computer/video game golf since 1994, andWhen I first got my copy of TW 13 (Master's collector's edition), I was disappointed. The presentation could be a LOT better (blurry graphics, kind of cheap looking menu screen, etc.), so that kind of ruined my first impression. But with that said, after playing the game a few hours I realized that this actually is a GREAT game. I've been playing computer/video game golf since 1994, and this is honestly the first time I've felt that I can't stop playing. The career mode is great, and there are heaps of treats that makes you want to come back for more. Also, I love the swing system. I haven't tried the online modes out yet, so I can't comment on those. Final verdict: A SWEET golf game! Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2012
    Let me start by saying dont be put off by the mixed and negative reviews. First up im not a great fan of yearly releases if this game, I think there is only so much you can do to a golf game to make it different , but this year I feel EA have done just that. The new swing mechanic is much improved in my opinion. Tempo now plays an important role in your swing, too slow you'll come upLet me start by saying dont be put off by the mixed and negative reviews. First up im not a great fan of yearly releases if this game, I think there is only so much you can do to a golf game to make it different , but this year I feel EA have done just that. The new swing mechanic is much improved in my opinion. Tempo now plays an important role in your swing, too slow you'll come up short, too fast you'll over hit it. also the ability to change where you want to strike the ball makes for a more realistic game, and thats where I think this game has improved.

The game , in my opinion, now makes you think more about your shot, and whether taking that aggressive line to the flag is now the right option, seeing as your swing may cause you to come up short or go too far. There are some nice new additions to the game as well, pin packs being one of them, you can earn coins during the game to "purchase" pin packs which can offer boosts to your golder in the way of attributes or more putt previews etc.

The game I feel is quite addictive, you will want to keep playing once you start as there is plenty to unlock, a nice addition as well is before any tournament you get to play a sponsor challenge or pro challenge to unlock more gear and earn xp points and that also gives you a chance to play a few of the holes on the course before a competition

There are a few bugs in the game, sometimes you'll go into the bunker and you'll find your ball lie is in fact in the rough, but nothing major. Awesome online options in the way of country clubs as well...EA again have decided to put quite a few of the courses as DLC which I find quite annoying, which is why ive not given it a higher score. If you like golf games i feel this is the best of the series yet.

1. Offline, it's a slightly better game than last year. To make it a substantially better sequel you must be willing to be perma-connected to the PSN. That's all fine-and-on-the-fairway for hooked-up Aussie gamers, but it's a sizeable sand trap for the many who aren't. [May 2012, p78]
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    Thrilling in places, but as mechanical and exciting as doing the washing up for most of it. [Issue#217, p.77]
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    It seems to add just enough to make it worthwhile for owners of last year's game, while still feeling very familiar. The Pins, Country Clubs and Legacy mode are all welcome additions, although they offer differing levels of appeal.