4.5

1. Breeze
    Mar 17, 2009
    In no way shape or form is this wrestling game any fun compared 2 any of the past wwe games from the ps1-ps3, the cheapness of how the moves are executed made me wanna slit somebody else's wrist cuz they were just flat out wack. I know tna is just a continuation of wcw but couldn't impact be a little less gay I mean COME THE "F" ON this game plays as if it should've been on In no way shape or form is this wrestling game any fun compared 2 any of the past wwe games from the ps1-ps3, the cheapness of how the moves are executed made me wanna slit somebody else's wrist cuz they were just flat out wack. I know tna is just a continuation of wcw but couldn't impact be a little less gay I mean COME THE "F" ON this game plays as if it should've been on the ps1. Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2010
    As a wrestling fan who usually likes non-WWE wrestling I say, this game looks the part on many levels. The graphics are excellent despite the uninspiring entrances. And I loved the idea of different arenas around the world, along with their native crowd reactions (The Japanese arena made me "mark out"). The storyline seemed interesting, however there is...a few problems. The wrestlersAs a wrestling fan who usually likes non-WWE wrestling I say, this game looks the part on many levels. The graphics are excellent despite the uninspiring entrances. And I loved the idea of different arenas around the world, along with their native crowd reactions (The Japanese arena made me "mark out"). The storyline seemed interesting, however there is...a few problems. The wrestlers move sets are limited and very similar to each other, all finishers are only from the front of your opponent. The controls are supposedly easy to pick up but difficult to master, but even in easy mode you are lucky to land about 6 out of 10 of the moves you would like to execute, because every move can be easily reversed by the CPU, and in order to perform your own reversals, timing has to be very precise (and even if it's precise, sometimes it feels like trying to get that Plush Toy you want from a Claw Vending Machine.) Every match is a gamble, the tide can change when you look ready to win it.
    So to summarise the good and bad: The good is I enjoyed the quirks such as the international arenas, the arcade style of gameplay (at first), the storyline which looked okay and the graphics. The Downsides include the game being too hard even in easy mode, the lack of real depth in the game itself, the lack of championship belts, no TNA knockouts (particularly around the time this game came out, the ladies division had good quality wrestling), and no real customisation or interesting Create A Wrestler.
    If you want some good wrestling games & don't care about the current wrestling scene, I would recommend WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 & Smackdown vs Raw 2010.
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    No, you don't wanna play this game if you're looking for a good wrestling experience... Sure it has some pros, but frankly the gameplay is just horrible and below average!

TNA iMPACT! had a lot of potential, but it didn't follow through on most of it. Beyond the limited/repetitive moves, lackluster CAW, and scaled back online, my main problem is that iMPACT! doesn't feel like real wrestling.
  2. The character models are excellent while the animation is fluid and lively, but the physics of fighting definitely lack polish and can create some frustrating situations. Yet despite these technical shortcomings, it's still great fun to clothesline, drop kick, and power bomb your friends in and out of the ring.
  3. At its best during four player matches, where everyone runs around the ring, bounces off the ropes and delivers bone-rattling special moves. Outside of its enjoyable multiplayer, however, the game isn't much fun.