8.1

1. Oct 5, 2012
    Above the clouds the game in terms of graphics and action sets new standards though, is playful but still room for improvement. The idea of ​​the back story is interesting in the game but rather unimportant. In addition, the presentation between the inserts for a "Tom Clancy" games as relatively weak. The controller, just flying without electronic aids, requires a certainAbove the clouds the game in terms of graphics and action sets new standards though, is playful but still room for improvement. The idea of ​​the back story is interesting in the game but rather unimportant. In addition, the presentation between the inserts for a "Tom Clancy" games as relatively weak. The controller, just flying without electronic aids, requires a certain break-in period, but then works perfectly and allows extremely thrilling dogfights, which are indeed the core of the game. The sequence of operations is varied and allows the pilots no time to rest. Expand
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    this game is the best flight sim out there it had all the planes that anyone could want and a very good story line with some good action and twists and the online is better than any other flight game online
  3. PeteD
    Mar 10, 2009
    This is the most FUN flight game I have ever played. I have many PC Flight Sims and this looks miles better and whilst its not an accurate sim it flys well and its easy to drop bombs on ground targets with massive explosions. There are loads of planes and they all look good. This is much better than Ace Combat on X360.
  4. AndyH
    Mar 10, 2009
    This game is awesome! I used to be an Ace Combat lover, until they jumped ship over to Xbox. But now all my dreams have come true, with the return of the flight sim to Playstation. HAWX is a little different than say, Ace Combat, but not in a bad way. And I really hope this is a sign of things to come.
  5. DallasG
    Apr 1, 2009
    Very good game. While not a sim thats not really a bad thing Its fun which is what really we should all want. The graphics are amazing. GeoEye was worth the money. I mean who dosnt like crahing into a building while your snezzing at mach 2. Also CO-OP is fantastic but the main problem was that in co-op you ere always disconnected after a game. But that can be fixed in a patch. Multiplayer Very good game. While not a sim thats not really a bad thing Its fun which is what really we should all want. The graphics are amazing. GeoEye was worth the money. I mean who dosnt like crahing into a building while your snezzing at mach 2. Also CO-OP is fantastic but the main problem was that in co-op you ere always disconnected after a game. But that can be fixed in a patch. Multiplayer isnt very deep. But hey your blowing crap up and if you want really deep multiplayer go play Killzone 2. The planes looked real nice. And the VIP/Forum Account thing for 2 exclusive planes (Including the XA-20 Razorback from EndWar) was really nice. Also I liked the references to EndWar being a fan of that game. Expand
  6. TaliesinC
    Apr 22, 2009
    This is a very fun and thrilling flight combat arcadish game. Perfect for pick up and play with a wide range of planes, missions and weapon combination. Sure the leveling is really slow but this only adds to its replay value. Multiplayer however is deserted.
  7. DavidG
    Apr 22, 2009
    CONS - Short story line; lacks missions. PROS - Graphics are top-level. Online play is alot of fun w/ few server issues.
  8. Mar 20, 2014
    This is the best arcade modern air combat game you can have right now on the PS3 until Ace Combat: Infinity, a F2P game, comes out. The flight mechanics are decent, and different planes handle differently. But the overall production value could be improved (why isn't the AWACS antenna spinning in-game?). The content is quite hefty too. The story is quite decent (it's Tom Clancy after all),This is the best arcade modern air combat game you can have right now on the PS3 until Ace Combat: Infinity, a F2P game, comes out. The flight mechanics are decent, and different planes handle differently. But the overall production value could be improved (why isn't the AWACS antenna spinning in-game?). The content is quite hefty too. The story is quite decent (it's Tom Clancy after all), but you'll find the game too easy on the easiest diificulty. Crank it up to Elite, and you'll get an intense experience. That's what I played the first time, but then again, I'm not new to flying games. There are also over 50 planes to choose from, and you'll take a while to unlock them (I still haven't unlocked all). Online is extremely fun, but not many play it as much as back then. You can still find a full match though, if you're lucky. Overall, I think the game is worth a buy, especially that it's cheap nowadays. Haven't played HAWX 2 yet though, so stay tuned! Expand
  9. Oct 15, 2011
    Wow this game is stunning, i was about to buy call of duty, but then i put my trust in Tom Clancy and it pays off, the best plane game i have ever played, which is typical, I've never played any (-:

1. H.A.W.X. is the best flight game so far this generation, and a worthy addition to the best in the Clancy stable.
    The mission design is lacking, the combat is unimaginative, and the multiplayer is shallow. Still, there are plenty who will be able to enjoy soaring 40,000 feet above the earth destroying dozens of enemy planes. All the while belting out lines of Danger Zone. That’s not weird, is it?
  3. H.A.W.X feels more like a Top Gun movie than Ace Combat ever did. It mixes in some refreshing new innovations that keep the missions exciting, and the appeal of that four player online co-op mode simply cannot be denied. If you’re an Ace Combat diehard, we recommend deviating from your usual flight pattern to acquire this target. Alternatively, if you’ve been ground-based gamer all these years and you’re looking for an accessible game that looks and plays great, we recommend you grab a copy of H.A.W.X and buzz the counter at your local game store.