7.6

1. Ryencoke
    Jul 7, 2007
    It's nothing compared to the 360 version by any means. Online is so much better for 360, as are the graphics.
  2. RodB.
    Sep 11, 2007
    I am giving this game a low score because honestly, I have PS2 games that have better looking graphics! I shouldn't have to make any changes to my hardware, like dumbing down my 1080 resolution for it to look good. Other games don't have that hang-up. If you want a good game, play Resistance, Oblivion or Ghost Recon AW2. They all have great graphics...right out of the box!
  3. MothraTheMoth
    Jul 4, 2007
    Enemy bodies fade away as soon as you've shot them, the scenery graphics are laughably low-res and there's something wrong with the sound which means you can't always hear the dialogue. Sometimes the weapon sounds lag well behind your trigger pulls or have the wrong environmental effects applied to them (such as a muffled sound from an enemy weapon being fired in the same Enemy bodies fade away as soon as you've shot them, the scenery graphics are laughably low-res and there's something wrong with the sound which means you can't always hear the dialogue. Sometimes the weapon sounds lag well behind your trigger pulls or have the wrong environmental effects applied to them (such as a muffled sound from an enemy weapon being fired in the same room as you). If you're one of those FPS players that likes to invert the Y-Axis, then you will find the Six-Axis "snake camera" controls impossible to manage. You're better off using the right stick anyway. Also, you only have 4 controller configurations to choose from - you can't customise the controls at all. Finally, there's no proper online lobby system either. If you can get past all of that, then the core gameplay is quite good fun, but you're far better off playing the Xbox 360 version, which has none of the above problems. Expand
  4. A.T.
    Dec 20, 2007
    Having defected from the 360 to the PS3 (9 broken consoles in 2 years is simply ridiculous) I was keen to try one of my old favourites on the new console and was pleasantly surprised by the conversion. The 360 owners claiming this looks worse than theirs are kidding themselves. R6V was never a particularly pretty game on the 360 and it still looks a bit sketchy and jaggy here. Less of the Having defected from the 360 to the PS3 (9 broken consoles in 2 years is simply ridiculous) I was keen to try one of my old favourites on the new console and was pleasantly surprised by the conversion. The 360 owners claiming this looks worse than theirs are kidding themselves. R6V was never a particularly pretty game on the 360 and it still looks a bit sketchy and jaggy here. Less of the Vaseline smeared screen look of the 360 but neither version can hold a candle to GRAW2 or COD4. Everything else, thankfully, also made the conversion across intact. Decent single player, if a bit too linear, and a superb online experience. I used to hold this up as being an 8 or 9 game but the appearance of COD4 has really made both versions look very old all of a sudden where GRAW2 is still fresh after a year of play. A solid game, but getting a bit past it now. Expand
    Jun 25, 2007
    Another failed port by Ubisoft. Most of the great original Xbox 360 game is there, but the conversion to the PS3 has had it's bumps in both graphics, and controls. The Sixaxis just doesn't work as well with this shooter.
  6. DanE.
    Jul 1, 2007
    I've never played the 360 version but its gotta be better than this rubbish. The single player is awful and the online isn't as good as R:FOM. Shouldn't have wasted my money.
  7. IanI.
    Jun 27, 2007
    Graphically its horrible when compared to the 360 version. The gameplay remains intact, but once again ubisoft fails on this port. It looks distinctly like a title for original xbox much like the F.E.A.R port. Wish I had gotten it on my 360.
  8. Dec 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. I had really big hopes for this game I've played the single player campaign and it's not good, very poor graphics and A.I. if you throw a grenade this one better fall close to an enemy and I mean close, on their pockets, to hurt them. It's a not a contest to see in which console a poor game looks better. The story makes no sense some times, let me elaborate, you are in Mexico fighting some sort of guerrilla and in a very bizarre way both your fully-equipped-bad-ass-expert-killing machines partners get kidnapped by a girl with no guns, you manage to escape and get rescued by another girl and then your superior tells you that you can't go back and rescue them instead you need to go to Vegas to fight more terrorists and that he feels that you may find your friends there! really?! To me this was a very GENERIC FPS it brings nothing new to the genre. Play it if you are curious about it that's all. Collapse

1. It's more of a straightforward shooter, but it's still gorgeous and the best squad-based shooter for your money on the PS3.
  2. Overall, Rainbow Six: Vegas is pretty much a must buy tactical shooter for PS3 owners.
  3. The enthralling tactical shooter gameplay and adjustable difficulty make it an experience that can be enjoyed by all. Do not bet on black; do not bet on red... take sixty dollars of your hard earned cash and place it on the rainbow. To win. It’s a sure thing.