7.7

1. Sep 16, 2013
    A feeling that I had been deceived, like all the same, the gameplay is the same as the plot of America again under threat of bad Russian terrorists with caps earflaps balalaika behind, AK 47 in hand and vodka in a backpack that hangs on the bear, which can be more original. Personally, I did not see anything new, the only thing that saves the game cooperative.
  2. Add
    Oct 21, 2013
    I just couldn't finish this game, its great and all but it has no meaning. No reason to keep going. It's missing something major there. Just not interested anymore. Last of us set a bar and this is not even close to it.
  3. Sep 6, 2013
    I liked Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam Fisher. So immediately from the start this game was on a downer as far as I was concerned. Not even sure what this is suppose to be, a reboot? Then what has happened to the gameplay? I can run up behind somebody and kill them, how is that stealth based? My noise doesn't matter now, yet I can utilise noise to distract people... don't get thatI liked Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam Fisher. So immediately from the start this game was on a downer as far as I was concerned. Not even sure what this is suppose to be, a reboot? Then what has happened to the gameplay? I can run up behind somebody and kill them, how is that stealth based? My noise doesn't matter now, yet I can utilise noise to distract people... don't get that at all. To be honest I have only done a few missions and ditched it. Especially as I had one mission that kept failing if I got discovered and restarted from the beginning, not a checkpoint half way through. It was annoying more than fun.

Franchise is past it's sell by date to my mind. If you are going to mess with what has gone before, then do it better or don't bother. It would have been the ideal time to introduce a new character/hero, say goodbye to Sam (aka Michael Ironside) and introduce a new storyline, gadgets, gameplay (how about crawling with it being a stealth based game) and generally doing a proper reboot. Dull game so far, might come back to it one day ...but unlikely.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    Do not be persuaded by the pro-blacklist "stealth revisionists". Those who are willing to make compromises to prolong the life of the stealth genre, if it can even be called stealth in a few years. Revisionism is dangerous, our precious stealth genre will only detract more & more from stealth & water the genre down, turning into nothing but an action game with gadgets.

The game's most

The game's most disgusting feature is the "win" button, which lets the player kill every single thing in an area with the press of a button, usually without getting detected as well, the player even does this while running.

As if that was not enough, the game adds in alternate pathways which lets the player avoid combat, which the game calls "Stealth" or "Ghost". Pure insult.

Some people may argue that the game can be played like chaos theory or sar but when you look at it, any game can, & blacklist certainly wasn't designed to be played that way. Imagine trying to play a Call Of Duty game like Chaos Theory, sneaking around & knifing people in the back. It would not work at all.

If you have any love for this series left, then please, do not purchase the game, don't encourage ubisoft to release more nonsense in the franchise. Air strike's, win buttons, & head on cover shooting has no place in Splinter Cell. Give this game a 0 & spread the message.
  5. Oct 27, 2014
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffft. The stealth genre may as well be dead.

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Sam Fisher is officially back. Blacklist may suffer from a cliched story and some finicky controls, but this is still stealth at it's absolute finest.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 5, 2013
    Blacklist suffers from the fact that it's way too tempting to shoot your way out of a tough situation. The incentive to sneak is mostly missing and the cramped level design doesn't help. Still, Blacklist has some pretty fun levels and nice free-form gameplay. [Sept 2013]
  3. Oct 4, 2013
    It’s big, bold and a bit silly at times but for a silky action adventure that will give you more than you put in then you shouldn’t look much further.