7.1

1. Sep 23, 2011
    This game takes one step forward and two giant leaps back. I'll get the positive things out of the way first, the grappling hook behaves much better than previous games, the graphics are quite good (when still) and there are some genuinely clever puzzles to be solved. Now for the bad stuff... the camera almost never wants to cooperate with you, the frame rate stutters frequently, theThis game takes one step forward and two giant leaps back. I'll get the positive things out of the way first, the grappling hook behaves much better than previous games, the graphics are quite good (when still) and there are some genuinely clever puzzles to be solved. Now for the bad stuff... the camera almost never wants to cooperate with you, the frame rate stutters frequently, the controls for the platforming segments are clumsy and broken, the combat is still terrible (as it was in previous games) put all those things together and you have one bad game. Despite pretty graphics and clever puzzles, the poor execution of the other gameplay elements prevented me from enjoying this game. Expand
  2. BartR
    Dec 1, 2008
    The game is wonderful, when it works. It is plagued by constant bugs and glitches, many a time rendering your game unplayable, and having to restart a level completely. I have gotten stuck without possibility of a fix twice now, and promptly returning the game back to GameFly. Too frustrating of an experience, and I can't believe these things passed QA.
  3. KorwynCronen
    Nov 18, 2008
    building this game on the very same system the whole series was born. and building it on another system with extra exclusive DLC. What do you take PlayStation gamers for, you money slave. I once liked this series but no more. I will never even consider getting any Tomb Raider game ever again, not on PlayStation system, not on any other system. Hope Microsoft paid you well enough to ditchbuilding this game on the very same system the whole series was born. and building it on another system with extra exclusive DLC. What do you take PlayStation gamers for, you money slave. I once liked this series but no more. I will never even consider getting any Tomb Raider game ever again, not on PlayStation system, not on any other system. Hope Microsoft paid you well enough to ditch some of your loyal customers. Good luck selling your games Eidos. Expand
  4. Apr 28, 2014
    This game would be perfect... if it didn't have as much puzzles. i HATE puzzles. on the other hand, the combat is really fun, and the new ' hanging and shooting' mechanic is great. All that is bad is the puzzles. I can't really say much else.
  5. wakey
    Mar 16, 2009
    Its boring, the only game I have known where you dont fight a boss at all during the whole game, I was lookig forward to the game and ended up being so dissapointed in it even the end is a video cut scene, I should have bought a video of it.
  6. MarkS.
    Nov 24, 2008
    This is an excruciatingly frustrating game. The camera is always moving and jerking during combat and when trying to jump it gives you horrible angles which force you to do a "guess" jump. I rented the game off gamefly and was able to get to the "God of Thunder" level after almost 8 hours of playing and then gave up. The game is way too hard, not because it's cleverly challenging but This is an excruciatingly frustrating game. The camera is always moving and jerking during combat and when trying to jump it gives you horrible angles which force you to do a "guess" jump. I rented the game off gamefly and was able to get to the "God of Thunder" level after almost 8 hours of playing and then gave up. The game is way too hard, not because it's cleverly challenging but because the camera, the controls, and the buginess make it almost unplayable. Expand

1. While it doesn’t propel the series forward to new heights, Underground is certainly an exciting and challenging Tomb Raider game worthy of Lady Croft’s sizeable talents.
  2. The more I played the game, the more frustrated I got with the camera, controls, and collision detection. Had those technical issues been resolved, Eidos would've had a great game on their hands.
  3. I still don’t understand how Lara can use her guns underwater or why she insists on kicking priceless vase’s, but niggles aside Tomb Raider Underworld is actually pretty fun in places. It’s just a shame that this so called update was is so horrendously out of date in comparison to something like Uncharted which trounces Underworld at every turn.