6.5

1. Bishop
    Sep 19, 2007
    I played the demo for this game a couple of nights ago and after maybe a half hour deleted it from my ps3. This game is a peice of garbage compared to the previous Tony Hawk games. Im going with Skate for my skateboarding fix this year and I suggest you do the same.
  2. ThomasMurphy
    May 8, 2009
    I downloaded the demo a few months back(yes I know late and old) but I came to realize this was a very fun game. It wasn't overly difficult which some found on Skate 1+2, and it was a good pick up play and easy to pull off tricks. Having the video editor modes, trick mode using both L3+R3 is definitely fascinating and something that really adds to the enjoyment of the game.
    While
    While some of tony hawk games have been some what hit and miss lately, for skating fans, this is definitely a hidden gem that should be played either rent or buy and you'll get your enjoyment and money worth. ^_^
  3. joshaspinall
    Jan 28, 2008
    ive been lookin at this game ever sense it came out ive played the demo and its great i got it for wii before and it sucked im gettin it for ps3 and i cant wait i love every thing about it look at everything about proving ground at www.thpgonline.com i hope like it
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    1stly it felt kinda flat, but it grew up on me Huge global map, classic story mode, interesting additions: camera-shooting, video-editing, slo-mo-trickin' riggin' right on the spot. The last true tony hawk's game.

The only downside: pro-vids are not "that" great and there's no way to sort playing music tracks by genre. That's my 3rd playthrough if ps2 and DS experience counts.

That's my 3rd playthrough if ps2 and DS experience counts.

Huge TH's fan.
  5. Nov 13, 2015
    Proving Ground is really good, though definitely not my favorite nor my preferred Tony Hawk game.
    Then again, video games are supposed to be fun, and THPG is fun. Play it if you want to have fun.

1. The controls are perfectly balanced in Proving Ground, thus allowing you to have enough freedom to pull off the tricks in your own unique way.
  2. Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground is easily the best Tony Hawk game to date. Everything from the varied career mode, new gameplay features and video editor come together in a great, cohesive package.
    It's unpolished, unfocused, and proves nothing more than the now undeniable fact that the series needs a serious makeover and a lengthy vacation.