Transformers: The Game PlayStation 3

5.8

1. JoshuaBond
    Jul 22, 2008
    Ok, Ian, no game is worth 0/10. Seriously. This game is not worth 0/10. I've played LOADS of worse games than this, but, I confess I have played better games than this. When you first play it you will find it tremoundously fun, as you knock robts into buildings and watch them crumble, but soon you start to see little cracks in the game design... 1)While the graphics do look nice, someOk, Ian, no game is worth 0/10. Seriously. This game is not worth 0/10. I've played LOADS of worse games than this, but, I confess I have played better games than this. When you first play it you will find it tremoundously fun, as you knock robts into buildings and watch them crumble, but soon you start to see little cracks in the game design... 1)While the graphics do look nice, some textures and car models are extremely bland.2) The physics can be awful; hit a car at about 20 mph in vehicle mode, and it will go flying into a building. If you smah a building the rubble will fall like pieces of foam. 3) The missions are constantly repeated, but with different transformers in them. 4) You would of thought tanks would be extremely armoured, wouldn't you? Well not in Transformers the game's case, since they've obviously used the same script they used for the car, but with a different coating. Touch it and it will set on fire. And then you see the helicopters, about 5 times as hard to destroy as tanks. Strange.

Sure it has all these problems, but you will always find joy out knocking an enemy into a building, or finding the last allspark piece, or using a tree to play golf with the tree as the club and random passing cars as the golf-ball, or finding the nuclear power plant place where there are loads of exploding barrels, and knocking an enemy into them, and sitting back and watching the fireworks, or even cruising around, looking at everything. The game has a lot to suck up, although the bad things about it would want to make you spew it all out again. A pretty decent game, if flawed, and some fun, for a while. 7/10.
  2. Sep 15, 2011
    The game was kind of boring and repetitive. Not the best transformers game made, but is a start, i hope to see better transformers games because i really like the films. I think that miss in the game action, present in the films.
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    well, I'd actually give it a 5.5/10, but that rounded up is 6/10, it's an alright 3rd person shooter that has a few good elements, but i don't see how someone could give it 0/10, really.

1. While the gameplay is somewhat shallow, and the racing elements sometimes frustrating, there is plenty to say about getting a Transformers game with high production value and an all-star voice team. Activision and Traveller’s Tales have brought the new movie to life with a decent beat-em-up title that doesn’t succumb to the movie tie-in curse.
    The 2004 videogame adaptation of the Transformers: Armada line from Atari (on PS2) was a Transformers game done right. It had better visuals, cooler incentives for moving between robot and vehicular forms, and boasted some of the best boss battles that year. But Activision's 2007 iteration doesn't live up to that standard. Its lack of depth and poor mission design ensures that.
  3. A big, loud, shallow action game that severely lacks in content.