5.8

1. Dec 24, 2011
    Despite the lackluster reviews, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll has received, I found it to be a deep and rewarding experience with a lot of heart behind it. If it wasn't for Skyrim coming out this would have been my game of the year.

There are enough main characters and side character that are given a lot of screen time for you to actually know and care about them.

When it comes to
    graphics, it's not as nearly up to date as it should be, but it is leap and bounds better than Nier, yes I loved Nier, and I'm not hating on it either.

The big criticism I can wag against this game in the almost lack of in game voice acting don't get me wrong there is voice acting in the cut-scenes making getting to them more rewarding, but it gets aggravating having to trudge through text. Since its lack of sell over seas, a lot of DLC will never be translated, which makes me sad since I found this to be a game that I would want to play over and over.
  2. Nov 24, 2011
    The biggest issue is the lack of interesting questing content. There are occasional important story-based quests, but for vast hours in between there is a ton of busy work. When the game opens, you're dropped into the world with nothing more for an impetus than "you want to get revenge on this guy, but you're not strong enough yet. Go get stronger."

Read more: ****
    Under Creative Commons
    License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives Expand
  3. Aug 9, 2011
    Maybe not worth full price (wait for a sale), but if the reviewers had taken into account this is rated T for teen and considered the target audience for the game, this would be more of a solid 7. I absolutely enjoy my adult Bioware RPG's, but sometimes I just need to indulge my inner 13-year old. Is the plot cliched and linear? Yes, but that's fairly typical. Is the combat repetitive? Yes, but very well-implemented. The game is very good when you're content to waste a few hours doing a little dungeon-crawl, hack and slash, and addictive Diablo-style looting and leveling. The artwork is high-quality animation and the music (when you notice it) is excellent. A good, if not great effort by Omega Force to do a swords-and-sorcery style RPG. Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    This game proves to be a very good action-RPG .game play is very good and good making he may be lacking of more playable characters and skills but whit 3 characters he do a nice job and a game that may give 60 hours of game play its hard to find these days even e this new generations consoles.
  5. Mar 29, 2011
    Can't see the reasons for the hate surrounding this game... it surely isn't a masterpiece, but it's a competent hack&slash game with a decent plot and a great ending. I played it during my DA2 playthrough, and I was surprised to see that Trinity actually had far more diverse locales while Bioware's AAA hit manages to repeat the same areas over and over. Also. the characters' skills were quite interesting and gave the action some variety even in post game. Expand
  6. Mar 3, 2011
    Western Reviews are clearly biased. If its not coming out of the @$$holes of Bioware than they don't want it. Anyway, this game is a really good JRPG especially since the PS3 doesn't have a lot to choose from. The battle system is very fast paced and fun. The characters are somewhat shallow but do have they're charm. The storyline is kinda basic but its done very well. If you need a RPG fix for the PS3 pick this up. Expand
  7. Feb 12, 2011
    Proving yet again that western reviewers can no longer be trusted to review any but the most high-profile Japanese games, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is a good, not excellent, Action-RPG.

While the story isn't amazing, it serves well enough to push the action, which is where the game picks up steam, with a co-operate (In terms of interactions between your party, NOT multiplayer, which the
    game does not have) battle system that will allow you top hop between characters and combine their abilities freely. Combat is smooth enough to make it good, clean hack-n-slash fun.

It's hard to understand where some of the "professional" reviews are coming from - feels more and more with each passing year as if Western reviews take one look at a niche japanese title, play for an hour, throw some cliches at it, and assume no one will ever notice that they didn't even try.
  8. Feb 11, 2011
    It's a really enjoyable game. The fighting is comparable to Rogue Galaxy mixed with the massive battle size of Dynasty Warriors. You're combat abilities are infinity customizable giving you a wide variety of combos at your hands. Graphically it truly is beautiful. It's like seeing a Grimm's Brother's fairy tale come to life. The down side of this game are the towns, they are menu based; think Final Fantasy Tactics; however, this is a very small downside as I don't see many people complaining about FFTs towns like this. This is also remedied by the dungeons which are never 100% the same the second time you go into them. The environments are very intractable an example is the satisfaction that comes with freezing a horde of enemies in a lake with your ice spells. The difficulty of this game is interchangeable in game. Want it hard start off on hard, but if you find it's too hard just change it. Finally, comes the sound and music; it fits. The soundtrack is a great mix of orchestrative and relaxing contemporary ensemble and the sound effects really take the cake.

Overall I give this game a 9/10 with hopes that a sequel would improve the small things like the towns and map exploration
  9. Feb 8, 2011
    The latest action adventure from Tecmo Koei, Trinity Souls of Zill oll is set 5 years before the original game Zill Oll, youâ

1. May 24, 2011
    There is no need for three different heroes if all three are playing very similar. You don't have to switch heroes to end the game.
  2. Apr 6, 2011
    Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll is a japanese-style role-playing game might best be described as the evolution of the hack and slash genre. Like Dynasty Warriors series, it is not a great game but just a fun and addictive product. Part of the reason it works is because it uses elements that have already been successful, although several years ago.
  3. Apr 5, 2011
    While Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll has a lot of potential in its varied battle system, decent story, and wonderful soundtrack, it falls flat in other unforgivable areas. The repetitive and pointless missions combine with the pointless text-only overflow of dialogue to pad the game two or three times longer than it needs to be. If only the fat had been cut and more variety was offered, the game might have been decent. As is, Trinity is drowning in missteps.