7.1

1. Sep 28, 2010
    definitely not the "Genus Edition" from years ago, this version is a little easier to play, but does occasionally throw out a more recent but obscure question here and there. does have some downloadable content, and is pretty solid all around.
  2. Z9000
    Mar 14, 2009
    I love Trivial Pursuit. I was really looking forward to this. Sadly there are some serious issues with this iteration that hold it back from being great. Primarily the game is freezing up every other game. The game itself does not store any "game data" and uses only saves, so deleting that and reinstalling is not an option. I am sure this can be patched out at some point, but right nowI love Trivial Pursuit. I was really looking forward to this. Sadly there are some serious issues with this iteration that hold it back from being great. Primarily the game is freezing up every other game. The game itself does not store any "game data" and uses only saves, so deleting that and reinstalling is not an option. I am sure this can be patched out at some point, but right now it's a big issue. The second thing I would complain about is the fact that no matter what catagory you choose, it will often involve a large element of geography. You can be asked a sports question, the game may ask where was this sports person born? Then it will show a map with some dots for you to pick (usually 4 dots). If you don't know where on the map the place is, even though you know the answer, you will most likely answer wrong. This is in probably about 25-33 percent of the questions. It makes for a great educational tool, but a poorly designed trivia game who has based itself on questions of catagories. TP offers 3 game modes. Classic, a fast paced cut throat game, and a single player game. Despite the geography issues, it is still fairly fun and has hooks for more DLC later. After about 10 games, still no repeat questions (3 freezes in those games requiring a reboot of the PS3). There are some annoyances like not being able to turn off the incessant giggling your player icons make. Or the ability to turn off question timers when you just want to hang out and play casually with friends. Bottom line this is a rocky start for what could eventually be a good game, providing stability issues are fixed and options are tuned up. Since it's a good game outside of these issues, it earned a generous 6. Stability, deviation from expected format, and annoyances dropped it from being a 10. Collapse

A surprisingly fun and well put-together version of the classic board game of the same name. A couple new modes add variety to the rules we've been playing with for most of our lives, and the console-specific tricks, like picking spots on a map and the use of images, is great. The lack of online can't be forgiven, however.
  2. With thousands of questions across six categories, and the option to purchase downloadable packs on the cheap, this version of Trivial Pursuit won't get old anytime soon. You'll love the game's format, thanks to a multiple-choice set-up, jumping player pieces and single and multiplayer modes.
  3. There are plenty of good trivia questions, but this is a flawed port of the classic board game.