6.1

1. AlexC
    Apr 19, 2009
    Turok is one of those games where as soon as you spot an enemy (even if they have their back turned to you) the enemy picks up their weapon and shoots you and doesn't miss. This, I think, is the most frustrating part of the game. That and the look sensitivity. Totally strange. Dunno what it is. You will die ALOT. Yup Yup. And it has the stupidest pre-final battle i've ever seen. Turok is one of those games where as soon as you spot an enemy (even if they have their back turned to you) the enemy picks up their weapon and shoots you and doesn't miss. This, I think, is the most frustrating part of the game. That and the look sensitivity. Totally strange. Dunno what it is. You will die ALOT. Yup Yup. And it has the stupidest pre-final battle i've ever seen. Extremely difficult. Won't be playing this one a second time. Expand
  2. SubhasP
    Feb 10, 2008
    Has a very old school feel to the game, the weapons are boring and the enemies are drab and can seemingly withstand 3 shots with a shotgun at close range. If this was a launch title for one of the new consoles I might have scored it higher, but after the recent crop of shooters (CoD4, Orange Box, Crysis) the bar has been raise well beyond the reach of this generally poor effort. Dated in Has a very old school feel to the game, the weapons are boring and the enemies are drab and can seemingly withstand 3 shots with a shotgun at close range. If this was a launch title for one of the new consoles I might have scored it higher, but after the recent crop of shooters (CoD4, Orange Box, Crysis) the bar has been raise well beyond the reach of this generally poor effort. Dated in both graphics and gameplay, I expected better. Expand
  3. MaximeL.
    Mar 26, 2008
    BETTER than the last Turok!!! Love to walk in the forest with my Rambo's Knife haha!!!
  4. zakk
    Jul 6, 2008
    sweet game, but i definitly wouldnt give it a 10. the levels are very well desined and joseph turok (main character) is my favourite character ever. an easy 8 out of 10
  5. MikeW
    Jan 31, 2008
    Bo-ring. THIS is the best idea you could come up with given such a great franchise? A bad rip-off of Aliens + Jurassic Park? Laa-aame.
  6. DarthKaos
    Feb 11, 2008
    Good sound, nice graphics, and the story is right on par with Rambo. There will be no acting awards given out but it gets the job done. Pacing of the game is what you make of it. It can be a fast and furious twitch game or a slower paced strategic kill game where you use stealth and dinosaurs.
  7. JonathanRudkin
    Jan 23, 2008
    Played the demo, and absolutely loved it. Graphics were average; serious but keep a cartoony edge, especially on the people. Dinosaur AI is brilliant, they scare the living crap out of me.

Improvement from evolution, propaganda have definitely had a good start at re-imagining the series. Human AI needs a LOT of work from what I've played. But the demo is early script and hopefully the game will be much better.
  8. JosephB
    Jan 30, 2008
    I found this game to be lacking in appeal. To me this should have been a little bit better. Not as ground breaking as one would want. Very bland and a basic game at that. At least they brought the game back to life a little. A little more realistic dino's makes the game worth playing through.
  9. HenricW
    Feb 4, 2008
    I love this game. The story is great and onliine is excellent as well. Yay Turok!
  10. MichaelS.
    Apr 8, 2009
    This game is my first Turok game, but overall it was awsome. The different guns, especially pinning guys down with the bow, or stabbing guys/Dinos with the knife. I hoped for splitscreen>I heard previous ones had it, but online is just as great. Although I'm pissed that 360 gets voice chat and PS3 doesn't. In conclusion: could've put more Dinos, there's only like 6-7 This game is my first Turok game, but overall it was awsome. The different guns, especially pinning guys down with the bow, or stabbing guys/Dinos with the knife. I hoped for splitscreen>I heard previous ones had it, but online is just as great. Although I'm pissed that 360 gets voice chat and PS3 doesn't. In conclusion: could've put more Dinos, there's only like 6-7 different types of dinos u see, and splitscreen (co-op/multiplayer) would've been nice. Expand
  11. LeonE
    Nov 1, 2009
    Turok is a good FPS game it is quite hard in places and there missions you wont be able to do until a couple of days but the storyline is fine the graphics are great and the AI are quite good too now the bad things as i did say this game is quite hard there is no easy opition only normal,hard and inhuman a single guard can quickly take you down with a smg if you chase him with a knife or Turok is a good FPS game it is quite hard in places and there missions you wont be able to do until a couple of days but the storyline is fine the graphics are great and the AI are quite good too now the bad things as i did say this game is quite hard there is no easy opition only normal,hard and inhuman a single guard can quickly take you down with a smg if you chase him with a knife or have bad shooting. There is some stealth it is fun seeing turok just knife his foes but if someone spots you and you have no ammo you are sure to die unless it was a small dinosaur. The weapons are quite good and the realods are great it does live up to the name. So it for people who like fps games but need a challenge since this game might take a couple of weeks to complete Turok Gets 8 out of 10 and gets my reccomendtion (sorry for any spelling mistakes) Expand
  12. May 22, 2011
    I found the story satisfactory not perfect but standard however the multiplayer for the game was very horrible and unenjoyable. i recommend this game for once through story however i dont suggest the game for long term its one of these games you can only play through once
  13. Mar 28, 2012
    Out in the great sea of first-person-shooters, Turok is a very, very weak effort. The graphics are bog standard, the difficulty is unpredictable and prone to sudden spikes, the human enemy AI is unbelievably bad, the controls feel clunky and the look sensitivity feels like a wet fish slipping through your fingers. With so many great games populating the FPS genre (check out Bioshock orOut in the great sea of first-person-shooters, Turok is a very, very weak effort. The graphics are bog standard, the difficulty is unpredictable and prone to sudden spikes, the human enemy AI is unbelievably bad, the controls feel clunky and the look sensitivity feels like a wet fish slipping through your fingers. With so many great games populating the FPS genre (check out Bioshock or Bulletstorm if you want a descent sci-fi flavored shooter), Turok is really, truly not worth your time or money. Expand
  14. Aug 30, 2011
    First off I don't understand why everybody was hating on this game so much. Its actually pretty good for the most part. I admit it had a couple quirks, but nothing that couldn't be overseen.

The biggest issue I had was the checkpoints, sometimes you'd play for 15-20 minutes just to die and have to start all over, And when you've died 3-4 times you've probably been playing the same section for over an hour.

Graphics = Pretty good animations on characters and dinos, nothing ground breaking though.

Playability = Easy to figure out, challenging to finish.

Sound = Keep an ear out cause you cant always see whats coming for you.

Difficulty = Hard to make checkpoints at times, but not overwhelming.

Learning curve = Id say an hour or two, just to get comfortable.

Value = Maybe not $60 but for $20 its a good buy.

Overall value = The Turok series has seen a stinker or 2, but this one shows they're on the right track. If you've never played Turok than this is the one to get started on, its the best one so far.
  15. Feb 13, 2015
    NO!NO!NO! I really looked forward to play this game but it came down as a biiiiiiiiiig disappointment! Controls are just terrible! I play the first 3 Levels and then quit. I would not let this game destroy my good memories about the Turok games of the 90s and 2000 years!

No, it's not going to go head-to-head with the onslaught of great FPSes we saw at the end of last year (though its slick, well-designed, robust multiplayer should give it some legs). But the unusual premise, solid writing, and nicely varied play make it worth a look for shooter fans looking for that next fix.
  2. It doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel, but working within its accepted elements it does a great job of dumping you in the jungle and making you feel like you’re fighting for your life.
    Even playing on the easiest setting, the difficulty regularly spikes to bowel-clenching impossibility. This wouldn't be so bad if the checkpoints flowed a little more freely, as most of the difficulty spikes tend to arrive after a protracted battle has already left you tattered and bleeding.