Twisted Metal PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 14, 2012
7.8

1. Feb 16, 2012
    If you enjoyed the old twisted metal games like Twisted Metal 2, you will LOVE this game. It is extremely fun and enjoyable. I had to create an account simply here simply to say how much fun this game is to someone that has been waiting years for another good Twisted metal game.

The different game modes for multiple player is fun. the race mode and killbox mode for story mode are really crazy. This game exceeded my hopes and dreams.
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    **** awesome game, Really, The multiplayer is chaose, And I love how this game is something new, It's bases of fun is pure gameplay.

Try it out, you wont be disapointed, Gaming needs more real games like this.
  3. Feb 18, 2012
    Really fun! I miss all the characters from Twisted Metal Black but the maps and the new modes are really great. If you are a fan of Twisted Metal 2 or Twisted Metal Black then you should love this. Twisted sense of humor for sure.
  4. Feb 18, 2012
    Car Combat ended during the PS2 era with the incredible, dark, and gritty Twisted Metal: Black. No one seemed to bring over a genre that was all in good fun, except David Jaffe and the Team. Gone are various characters from the line-up, and we simply have four factions. Though, personally I always found the vehicles as the center of attention.

Not saying that Sweet Tooth, Mr. Grimm,

Not saying that Sweet Tooth, Mr. Grimm, Spectre, Roadkill, Dollface, and Axel aren't Iconic characters on their own. Sweet Tooth IS Twisted Metal, but you kill others in various vehicles, not the characters themselves. This isn't Mortal Kombat. There could be so much to say about this return of Twisted Metal that has already been pointed out. The maps are full of detail and variation, the vehicles having different roles on the battlefield, and the great boss battles in the Single-Player Campaign prove that Gameplay can, and is better to have then over-the-top visuals and graphics. The soundtrack to Twisted Metal has some return of fan favourite selection from previous installments, as some new Rock and Metal tunes to kill your enemies to. What if you'd rather kill to your own preferable tunes? not many games offer a custom soundtrack, Twisted Metal does. Want to style your vehicle of choice? no problem. Twisted Metal has a simple customization to all vehicles with unlockables to spend reward points on. Various Online modes with the adrenaline pumping NUKE Mode. Although it would have been nice to see some of the modes you play in the Campaign such as the checkpoint racing with bomb detonation to the winner. There isn't much given by this "Review" but what I personally wanted from Twisted Metal I got. Deep multiplayer with full blown statistics, clan support and party system. Throw in 7 online modes, 8 multiplayer maps with different variation to each, 17 vehicles and hours of **** car carnage fun.
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    Does it in anyway match the expectations set in front of it? No, but after such a wait for a sequel it was never going to fully satisfy its patient and forgiving fan base. Yet is it an enjoyable, if not entirely functional, and enjoyable game? Certainly, its Twisted Metal after all. The old school feeling of glee when you rampage on your friends is still present, the whimsical rules ofDoes it in anyway match the expectations set in front of it? No, but after such a wait for a sequel it was never going to fully satisfy its patient and forgiving fan base. Yet is it an enjoyable, if not entirely functional, and enjoyable game? Certainly, its Twisted Metal after all. The old school feeling of glee when you rampage on your friends is still present, the whimsical rules of reality and sense have been abandoned and Twisted Metal is still as enjoyable as it was all those years ago. Pity they just didn't put a little more effort into the visuals and mechanics to turn it into the game it deserved to be. Alas there is enough here for everyone to enjoy, just not enough to satisfy the long wait. Expand
  6. Feb 21, 2012
    Just as Twisted Metal Black was a huge jump from TM2, this game is just as much of a jump from Black. The physics feel just like Black and Head On but the real bonus is the amount of content here. Plenty of new weapons, maps, and vehicles. The new game modes add a ton of variety. Lots of customization options too. A must for anyone who's been a fan of TM. For those who haven't playedJust as Twisted Metal Black was a huge jump from TM2, this game is just as much of a jump from Black. The physics feel just like Black and Head On but the real bonus is the amount of content here. Plenty of new weapons, maps, and vehicles. The new game modes add a ton of variety. Lots of customization options too. A must for anyone who's been a fan of TM. For those who haven't played the series yet, this is a perfect one to start with. The best one to date, hands down. Expand
  7. Feb 29, 2012
    The game is really fun once you get used to it. There is a decent amount of selection to choose from when selecting your car and you can customize the Gun and the paint of the car. 4 player Co-op with friends is a great edition, most new gen games don't have this. So its nice to see this edition, it also has 2 player Online Co-op if your friend has a Psn account. The story mode is alright,The game is really fun once you get used to it. There is a decent amount of selection to choose from when selecting your car and you can customize the Gun and the paint of the car. 4 player Co-op with friends is a great edition, most new gen games don't have this. So its nice to see this edition, it also has 2 player Online Co-op if your friend has a Psn account. The story mode is alright, lets you practice for Online and there is also a single player challenge mode that adds some longevity to the Single player title. Thought the Multiplayer is where the game really shines, been playing that constantly non-stop its really addicting. I hope they can add a few more classic vehicles from the past through DLC if enough people purchase the game. Getting some great kills will keep you coming back for more, and the Online has generally been fixed since launch, so getting into a game is pretty easy now. and to those complaining about the speed, its easy to get use to once you play it. Overall I find it a 10/10 and a Must buy if you enjoyed any of the twisted metal games over the years because this one improves the formula greatly. Expand
  8. Mar 9, 2012
    Twisted Metal is a Great Game, Very intense fast paced action.. and very true to the original titles that we all loved back in the brink of the 20th century. The only Con to this game is the Ridiculously bad story line, and the lack of drivers for the vehicles. Other than those miniscule criticisms its a very fun title, and the split screen works great.
  9. Feb 22, 2012
    i remember playing tm2 and tm1. those were pretty good, but when i got this game, it is awesome. the game is so much fun. i going to play this instead of cod.
  10. Feb 18, 2012
    This game is so much fun. I haven't played a single player with so much action since God of War 3. The online is pretty great too. I'm so glad that I decided to pick this up.
  11. Feb 18, 2012
    Everyone saying "bad controls" never figured out that changing them was in their best interest but whatever. Solid game, makes me wonder if the Vigilante 8 series will ever come back lol. Overall a fun experience that does the genre right. Also some nostalgia and a good story make it a must play.
  12. Feb 17, 2012
    Great game, fun game! Brings me back to the good old times! The story might not be great, but the game play is where its at! Multiplayer is great, even though..its having its problem from time to time. Its gona get fixed soon im sure!
  13. Feb 18, 2012
    It's Just About Fun!
    Amazing controls. Don't matter what, but the FPS is always stable. Chaos in every where.
    It's Just About Fun!
    It's like Super Mario or Street Fighter... The only thing what matters is the gameplay. And TM's gameplay it's absolutely fantastic. When you understand the game is impossible stop to play. Hours and hours are spent. At first sight can be hard and frustating, but then... Just a little time after... I really need to finish this? A lot of reviews says with don't have a good story, or that is unrealistic game. Don't trust them! Okay... This things are aright. But to the hell with all this. Twisted Metal don't need a complex story, and thank GOD it's unrealistic.
    It's not about story or realism. IT'S JUST ABOUT FUN!!!
  14. Feb 25, 2012
    very fun game, slightly more difficult then the previous versions but over all definitly brings back the fond memories of TM1-4 and black. i recommended any one if you enjoy pure gameplay very enjoyable game with friends. the story does lack... but who cares most ppl just want to blow SH!T UP. have fun
  15. Mar 13, 2012
    Very well balanced, extremely fun and brings the nostalgia of Twisted Metal 1 back. My only beef is I didn't like the interchangeable drivers and only 3 stories in Campaign Mode (Sweet Tooth, Mr. Grimm & Dollface). Online play is amazing. Nuke Mode is a creative way of playing "capture the flag". Overall though, it's amazing.
  16. Mar 22, 2012
    Twisted Metal (2012) had been anticipated ever since it's previous home-console release, Twisted Metal Black. Although it has the same concept (which is where contestants compete for the same prize), it's gameplay elements weren't disappointing. What's great: I really do love the graphics of the game, for starters. The gameplay (especially online) is amazing itself. Nuke mode is myTwisted Metal (2012) had been anticipated ever since it's previous home-console release, Twisted Metal Black. Although it has the same concept (which is where contestants compete for the same prize), it's gameplay elements weren't disappointing. What's great: I really do love the graphics of the game, for starters. The gameplay (especially online) is amazing itself. Nuke mode is my favorite online mode. Another thing I love about the game is the paint scheme customization to your vehicles! Adding to the list of praising, your very own personalized soundtrack can be played, too, if you prefer not to play to the licensed soundtrack. What's not so great: The only things I really don't like about this game is that the story mode is a bit shorter than I expected it to be. Also, the game has a bit complex controls, but if you've been a long-time fan of the Twisted Metal series since it's Single Trac days, then it'll be no problem getting used to its controls in a matter of time.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
    Definitely.
  17. DME
    Feb 17, 2012
    Story mode is too short and incredibly cheesy, with bad voice acting. The live-action was cool, though. The one-car-per-character thing was dropped and that was a huge disappointment. There's also a shortage of characters as well. I was expecting them to screw up the helicopter's controls, but the developers pulled it off really well. But, I did have lots of fun playing splitscreenStory mode is too short and incredibly cheesy, with bad voice acting. The live-action was cool, though. The one-car-per-character thing was dropped and that was a huge disappointment. There's also a shortage of characters as well. I was expecting them to screw up the helicopter's controls, but the developers pulled it off really well. But, I did have lots of fun playing splitscreen coop and deathmatch (lots of customization) and the online multiplayer was well balanced and lots of fun. There's plenty of maps, although they aren't as memorable as older ones. And original soundtrack was replaced with real licensed music (which I personally didn't like). Control system is a lot better than previous games and I especially like the D-Pad being used for special attacks. But even with all of these negative points, I still felt the same excitement I did with the older Twisted Metal games and became addicted fast. One of the game's strongest points is variety in game modes, include death races, boss battles, etc. It's definitely worth playing if you have a splitscreen partner to join in, but may not be as much fun by yourself. Expand
  18. Feb 21, 2012
    Best Twisted Metal game I ever played, worth every dollar. I would not recommend it for just single player though, sadly only three characters, but the story is amazingly acted.

The multiplayer is fantastic, I highly recommend this game for the crazy explosive fun.
  19. Mar 28, 2012
    For anyone that poured hours into Black... prepare for one amazing blast to the past. The latest entry is great fun and features some gripping live-action movies too. Unfortunately, the removal of most of the characters (but not their cars) has lessened some of the series' charm.
  20. Feb 17, 2012
    Car combat game is what ps3 really missed ! if you had fun playing car combat games on ps1 and ps2 then be ready to get that old feeling again on ps3 ! Twisted Metal is back and it promise to let you busy for a long time ! this game is competitive , addictive and fun !

it just need some bots in the local 4 players and some classic fans vehicles as DLC such as Mr.Slam , Twister , Grasshopper , Hammerhead and Minion .
  21. Apr 3, 2012
    really a fun game i never played any of the others twisted metals excepted twisted metal black but only after i played this on. Anyway I love how this game plays it fast pace action and fun every thing i love about a video game. now the bad it is quit difficult even on normal and i by the time this is out online for it doesn't work for me. Well thats my review 8/10 I suggest getting it nowreally a fun game i never played any of the others twisted metals excepted twisted metal black but only after i played this on. Anyway I love how this game plays it fast pace action and fun every thing i love about a video game. now the bad it is quit difficult even on normal and i by the time this is out online for it doesn't work for me. Well thats my review 8/10 I suggest getting it now to have some fun with friends trust me it a blast! Expand
  22. Jul 9, 2012
    As someone who has played Twisted Metal since the original came out in 1996, I am absolutely ecstatic to see such a great game make it's way to the PS3. The game is absolute fun and minimal frustration, in multiplayer and singleplayer alike. In my opinion, the second best Twisted Metal game to date. While the controls are a little sloppy, the game makes up for it with great effects,As someone who has played Twisted Metal since the original came out in 1996, I am absolutely ecstatic to see such a great game make it's way to the PS3. The game is absolute fun and minimal frustration, in multiplayer and singleplayer alike. In my opinion, the second best Twisted Metal game to date. While the controls are a little sloppy, the game makes up for it with great effects, storylines, and soundtrack. Go pick up a copy today! Expand
  23. Jul 26, 2012
    Amazing game, a true Twisted Metal towards the series. The visuals, graphics are great. There's loads of destructive Enviroments. Alot of the original, if not most, characters are back and there's even story progression. Only downside is, if you don't like repetative games, this isn't the cake slice for you. The boss battles on the other hand are fantastic! The OST for the game is mindAmazing game, a true Twisted Metal towards the series. The visuals, graphics are great. There's loads of destructive Enviroments. Alot of the original, if not most, characters are back and there's even story progression. Only downside is, if you don't like repetative games, this isn't the cake slice for you. The boss battles on the other hand are fantastic! The OST for the game is mind blowing too! Highly recommend it! Expand
  24. Apr 5, 2012
    This game stays true to the franchise and adds a unique experience that hasn't been properly represented since Twisted Metal Black. This game is a must buy as all will enjoy the robust multiplayer and a amazing single player experience as well. Utter mayhem is the best way to describe it and I mean this in a sincere good way. Pick it up you wont be disappointed in the least. AmazingThis game stays true to the franchise and adds a unique experience that hasn't been properly represented since Twisted Metal Black. This game is a must buy as all will enjoy the robust multiplayer and a amazing single player experience as well. Utter mayhem is the best way to describe it and I mean this in a sincere good way. Pick it up you wont be disappointed in the least. Amazing all around and deserves a 10! Expand
  25. May 12, 2012
    while the game is not without its flaws it is a very good game. it had the basic elements of a story, which if i can recall from my very young brain, was more than the one i use to play did(can't remember which). one major letdown for me was the fact that they didn't bring back all of the old drivers. it centers around Sweet Tooth, Mr.Grim, and Dollface, each owning their own "gang" whichwhile the game is not without its flaws it is a very good game. it had the basic elements of a story, which if i can recall from my very young brain, was more than the one i use to play did(can't remember which). one major letdown for me was the fact that they didn't bring back all of the old drivers. it centers around Sweet Tooth, Mr.Grim, and Dollface, each owning their own "gang" which starts the factions for online play. i however find no reason to love them except sheer nostalgia, with the exception of Mr.Grim. the car balance however is nice, some being faster with more damage while others are tanks with heavy armor and powerful weapons. the one inclusion all fans of the series were fretting about though was the helicopter, Talon. They did a wonderful job of implementing him making it difficult to use him from too high up and susceptible to immense fire too low. He has low armor making it extremely difficult to stay near one car too long. the only thing i feel was missing was axle. axle was the reward you got for pre-ordering the game, though he was also my favorite character as a kid, making me incredibly dissapointed that i didn't pre-order it. the online experience feels just...unpolished. you can't join a match in session making it similar to WoW except you can't play while waiting, though once i was in it was smooth with no lag at all, and they included an online pass code system though as long as you don't mind buying new the servers stay up constantly so it isn't "that" bad though it seems like they're way of milking money from the customer. one of my favorite features in the game is the ability to customize the paint of your car to whatever you please. you can jut go on their website, upload a picture, and put it in the game. every fan knows however that this is one of those games that is best played splitscreen and it delivers. you can go through a co-op campaign or just have a deathmatch. it is very fun. Expand
  26. May 11, 2012
    I agree with the guy below me, its a lot fun especially multiplayer once u get the hang of it. It can however be very frustrating but when ur ice cream van can transform into optimus prime or ur flinging flaming chainsaws from ur motorcycle, frustration becomes irrelevant.
  27. Apr 7, 2012
    ------------------------Really great game, sweet gameplay that remainds me old fashion productions !!! Maybe the graphics are little updated, but in this production it doest matter, ------------------------------------
  28. May 5, 2012
    Ok, all of them haters out there dissin' on the game should shut up. This game was fantastic. They brought back a classic PS1 game to the PS3, only stronger, faster, better, and most importantly, Online playability! I was disappointed in 1 thing when playing the game, and that was finding out that there were only 4 playable characters, instead of like 15 from the original. But pushing thatOk, all of them haters out there dissin' on the game should shut up. This game was fantastic. They brought back a classic PS1 game to the PS3, only stronger, faster, better, and most importantly, Online playability! I was disappointed in 1 thing when playing the game, and that was finding out that there were only 4 playable characters, instead of like 15 from the original. But pushing that aside for now, this game was spectacular! Discard all of the game reviews with Average to Below Average scores, and take my word for the game! You'll Love It! Expand
  29. Jun 17, 2013
    Cuando este juego apareció era la época en la cual todas las viejas franquicias renacían de las cenizas y era el momento de que "Twisted Metal" hiciera su triunfal regreso a las consolas...pero la pregunta era ¿Lo haría bien?.Y hoy queridos amigos puedo contestar esa pregunta.La historia en si sigue siendo la misma que en otros Twisted Metal,una disputa a muerte,el ganador tendrá el deseoCuando este juego apareció era la época en la cual todas las viejas franquicias renacían de las cenizas y era el momento de que "Twisted Metal" hiciera su triunfal regreso a las consolas...pero la pregunta era ¿Lo haría bien?.Y hoy queridos amigos puedo contestar esa pregunta.La historia en si sigue siendo la misma que en otros Twisted Metal,una disputa a muerte,el ganador tendrá el deseo que quiera sin importar que tan retorcido sea este... pero no obstante la historia solo se ha concentrado en 3 personajes contrario a lo que se había establecido a lo largo de la saga,para avanzar en la historia escogerás al personaje ya establecido para el principio de la historia,al lograr pequeñas escaramuzas avanzaras y conocerás un poco más de la historia de aquel personaje,sorpresivamente el modo de historia se siente muy lineal debido a este detalle....Durante el juego tomarás el control de una variedad enorme de vehículos. El gameplay consiste en pequeñas batallas a muerte con otros corredores,estas confrontaciones son muy dinámicas y frenéticas.La música es un conjunto de Rock and Roll,Hip Hop y toques electrónicos,los cuales van muy bien con el Gameplay en sí.Mi conclusión es que quizás Twisted Metal no haiga seguido al pie de la letra su receta de éxito pero la franquicia conserva ese sentimiento de locura en la historia y conservando lo que más necesita un gameplay exitante... Expand
  30. Feb 15, 2012
    Very fun, brings back a lot of childhood memories of fun. If you want a unique and fun game, look no further. This has it all, single player and great online and local multiplayer. The stages look great, the cars are fantastic, and the voice actor for Optimus Prime tells you when you kill someone. Great game.

1. Aug 20, 2012
    Twisted Metal isn't perfect, but most gamers will enjoy this game regardless of genre-loyalty. Twisted Metal is one of the most rewarding multiplayer experiences a gamer can have.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 25, 2012
    An old school and tough "demolition" game with obsolete graphics and few choices yet enjoyable – mostly thanks to the dynamic multiplayer mode. [Apr 2012]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 17, 2012
    Although the game has some obvious issues, mainly the controls and the over-the-top difficulty level, the game sure has some character. Fast paced shooter/racer is a great way to get rid of stress. The network game is pure adrenaline packed fun. [Apr 2012]