• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Feb 14, 2012
7.7

1. Feb 14, 2012
    **** awesome game, Really, The multiplayer is chaose, And I love how this game is something new, It's bases of fun is pure gameplay.

Try it out, you wont be disapointed, Gaming needs more real games like this.
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    If you enjoyed the old twisted metal games like Twisted Metal 2, you will LOVE this game. It is extremely fun and enjoyable. I had to create an account simply here simply to say how much fun this game is to someone that has been waiting years for another good Twisted metal game.

The different game modes for multiple player is fun. the race mode and killbox mode for story mode are
    really crazy. This game exceeded my hopes and dreams. Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    Props to Jaffe. He really created a truly amazing game. It combines amazing visual elements with even more satisfying destruction. Easily one of the most fun games I have EVER played. Granted the control scheme might take some getting used to, encouraging some and discouraging others. Patience reveals the true reward here. Persistence rewards players with a true, fulfilling experience, one that is hard to put down and walk away from. Another huge point in all this is that its 4-PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN. In a day and age where everything is done online, its great that you can still play locally with friends and family. Get this game, and never look back. Easily one of the best and most addicting PS3 games on the market. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2012
    Very good game, with a sensational hardcore touch and very loyal to previous Twisted Metal.This new TM for me is the best of all regardless of the criticisms this game worth the purchase because it has a sensational outside the single player multiplayer very attractive that game makes the PS3 and the series juz Twisted Metal.
  5. Feb 15, 2012
    Very fun, brings back a lot of childhood memories of fun. If you want a unique and fun game, look no further. This has it all, single player and great online and local multiplayer. The stages look great, the cars are fantastic, and the voice actor for Optimus Prime tells you when you kill someone. Great game.
  6. Feb 16, 2012
    Sloppy controls and bad physics hamper this half complete game. Where the hell are all the characters that made this game so fun to play? A complete mess. I can't believe they released the game in this condition. Don't waste your money folks.
  7. Feb 14, 2012
    The car combat genre died for a reason. Awful controls. Terrible game modes. Laughable voice acting. It looks like a late PS2 or early PS3 launch title. Pretty obvious why Jaffe jumped ship before this game was even released.
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    Simply amazing. Perfect balance, perfect physics, perfect controls. The amount of chaos and depth to gameplay is untouched in any genre. Will be playing this for years to come!
  9. Feb 16, 2012
    So far this is easily my favorite game of 2012. Live action cut scenes,
    awesome graphics
    How could anyone call this game middle of the road unless you're a compete idiot and only like Skyrim and Call of Duty.
    Seriously pick this game up.

Just like how Zelda can sell a Nintendo console Twisted Metal does the same for PlayStation.
  10. Feb 14, 2012
    This game is awesome. Takes a lil while to get use to the controls and to learn where the health packs are but don't let that discourage you. And don't start out picking Reaper. Reaper is the easiest to kill. Use Talon to learn where health pickups are for each map. Excellent level design. Pure fun. Ton of online modes including local co-op with bots and nuke mode. Separate campaign story lines (although short campaigns). Lots you can do, lots of fun. Some people might like the Race Controls but i like Classic TM. Expand
  11. Apr 4, 2012
    Frantic by Metallica is a perfect son to boost the twisted experience of this game through the roof. If what you remember about past twisted metal games is them being satisfying as ever than you should feel right at home with this awesome game. If your new to the series well then be prepared to experience what we felt back in the 90's rev you engines and those epic missile launchers because sweet tooth is comin' biatch!!! Expand
  12. Feb 15, 2012
    This game is refreshing. It's been too long. The game-play is complex, varied and FUN. The levels designs great. There is a lot to learn at first. The unlock system and training mode help manage it. The game only got better the more I played it..
  13. Feb 16, 2012
    I love this game. It is one of those games where FUN is at its best.!!! the online is great! the singleplayer is there but its not bad, i love the cutscences. David Jaffe is the man!!!!
  14. Feb 14, 2012
    A great and (given today's gaming portfolio) pretty unique game with some minor flaws. As with any good hardcore game, it takes some time (and skill) for the complex controls and deep, fast gameplay mechanics to *click* - but once you finally *got it* it's hard to keep quibbling over the shortcomings (see below) and deny the fun. The single-player campaign is rather short, but filled with great gameplay ideas (especially the boss battles are extremely well done). Story-wise, it's basically just a thin framework of three Faustian characters depicted in brief cut scenes (which are interspersed between the different battle events). The *stories* themselves are very simplistic (actually, they are more like brief character sketches) - but the way they are presented basically would have made Tarantino proud. Multiplayer is where this game really shines, though. The sheer potential and scope in this field are rather intriguing: There are tons of options and game modes to choose from - although I personally missed a multiplayer version of the single player racing events. People who argue this game lacks balance obviously haven't figured out the different classes, btw. I found it pretty well balanced. Bottom line: Look past its minor shortcomings and accept the challenge of a rather steep learning curve, and this game will pay you back with a deep and unique gameplay experience that will turn out way more fun than you might initially expect. Expand
  15. Feb 14, 2012
    I haven't even played this game. Why? I don't own a PS3, but this game is still the s***. How do I know that? Because the Twisted Metal franchise is the s***. How can you not have fun cruising around blowing up everything you possibly can? I'll find a way to play this game... and when I do it'll be the s***.
  16. Feb 14, 2012
    I had high expectations for this game...but there was a doubt. This game exceeded those expectations by 10. Within 15 mins of popping this game in I had no doubt. The multiplayer is complex AKA FUN (different to both bf3 and mw3), and the story is gripping. Best 65 $$$ ever. !!
  17. Feb 18, 2012
    Fast, frantic, but most importantly fun. If what you remember about past twisted metal games is the fun you had playing them either alone or with friends, I'm happy to say that remains intact and satisfying as ever. If your new to the series...... Then start your engine!
  18. Feb 14, 2012
    Twisted metal is a blast to play! It's awesome to know that developers can still make games that are fun and not the same recycled games. This is the first game in years that I just have fun with. Being a very competitive, I've gotten fatigued at yelling at the TV when I play shooters. This game is a blast even when I die. Single Player is just as fun as it was back in the day with PS1 and twisted metal 2. Two-Player split screen in story mode is always fun when you have someone right next to you calling out locations of other people to blow up.The controls are IMHO much better than the original games. They are strange to get used to at first but once you get them, its easy and it makes sense.

I'm tired of people saying the game is too hard or the controls are too hard. We live in a society now that rewards you for everything. This is a game that when you win, it's actually satisfying. Levels are designed very well. Each character has it's PRO's and CON's which is great for game balancing. I knew this game was going to great when I saw the built in Clan screen and LAN options. All you old school gamers know why that's exciting. Looking forward to tons of hours online, and maybe DLC in the future.
    As a gamer that's wore out the shooter genre in the past 4-5 years, this game is a Nostalgic breath of fresh air.This is a must buy if you have ever played a Twisted Metal game in the past. And if your new to the game/genre, I recommend renting at the bare minimum. You'll miss out on a great time if you don't try this game.
  19. Feb 14, 2012
    Incredible VALUE that hasn't been put into a game for some time. The great thing about this series and this game in particular is that it doesn't care to fit into mainstream conventions... it takes a leap. I certainly believe this pays off. David Jaffe and the rest of the people at ESP also truly care about the consumer. Why would anyone want COD and the rest of the typical breed when they can have something a little different - Brilliant. Expand
  20. Feb 14, 2012
    This game is a blast to play! I loved the original Twisted Metal, and this one is even better. Multiplayer is insane, awesome graphics, excellent sound effects, and the soundtrack is top notch! Welcome back to the Twisted Metal gaming experience.
  21. Feb 14, 2012
    Games should be about gameplay and level design first and foremost! Twisted Metal nails this. Controls have a high learning curve so pick up and play types: you have be warned. This game is here for the multiplayer and thats fine by me. Ive got literally hours ahead, becoming the best twisted metal player. Happy Twisted Valentines Day!!!
  22. Feb 14, 2012
    A very enjoyable, well polished game. Graphics could have been a bit better. Fresh new gameplay that keeps you going back. This is definitely a game you should own for your PS3
  23. Feb 14, 2012
    OHH YA !!!! Props to Jaffe. He really created a truly amazing game. It combines amazing visual elements with even more satisfying destruction. Easily one of the most fun games I have EVER played. Granted the control scheme might take some getting used to, encouraging some and discouraging others. Patience reveals the true reward here. Persistence rewards players with a true, fulfilling experience, one Expand
  24. Feb 14, 2012
    IT'S BACK!! Great single player, the live-action cutscenes are awesome. Awesome multiplayer, I can't express in text how much fun the multiplayer is. Nuke mode especially. Hoping for some DLC with some classic cars like Spectre and Mr. Slam. 10/10 BUY THIS NOW!
  25. Feb 14, 2012
    this game are masterpiece for party game, nice visual effect, mediocore graphi, great gameplay, few rosters but overall it is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gameeeeeee for 150 char min
  26. Feb 14, 2012
    I loved the series on Playstation 1, I loved the series on Playstation 2 and I still love it on Playstation 3. This is an absolutely fantastic revival of a classic series that needed to keep itself relevant, and succeeeds.
  27. Feb 26, 2012
    This game is truly amazing and don't believe anything the reviewers and negatrons say about this game on this website. Except IGN because they actually gave the most favorable and correct review. Anyone who gives this game a bad review is ignorant and probably got their ass kicked online because they believe every game should be Call of Duty easy.

Patience is proven to be a virtue in this
    game because it may be frustrating at first, but it good time your skill will shine through. This game makes you earn your skill more than most popular games which provides a game addiction unlike any other. I could play this game for years to come (probably until PS4 comes out) without a new version. This is an instant classic among the now vast amounts of exclusives for the Playstation 3! Expand
  28. Feb 14, 2012
    After a long hiatus, Twisted Metal returns. The controls take a little getting used to, but the addition of dpad energy moves is one that is over due, even if some other functions require multiple buttons. The Story satisfies, but its not gonna win any awards. Deathmatch and Nuke are a blast, but online in general is a welcome break from the 5 second lives of call of duty. This game is easy to play, but skill is rewarded to players who can use the more advanced, lightly armored classes. I recommend learning the maps before trying some of the more speedy classes. A must own for PS3 players Expand
  29. Feb 14, 2012
    Honestly, this game is awesome. A vast majority of people who had a PS1 probably played Twisted Metal 2 at least, the last true console Twisted Metal we had was Black on PS2 so to get this gem is a dream come true! First off, I love Call Of Duty. HOWEVER, I hate how it's an annual release and I really became bored with it. We need more games like this, something refreshing from the yearly norm. If you're unsure of the game at least rent it from Redbox or buy day 1 but for god's sake please SUPPORT this game...you will NOT be disappointed if you have an open mind and be willing to overcome the learning curve, this is gaming at it's best Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2012
    I have not have had this much fun since MW2. It's been two years since a multiplayer game has given me the same thrills and addiction that this has. I have received this today and cannot stop playing. I spent 10 + hours on the multiplayer DEMO. This game is amazing. I've never played a twisted metal game before, but I am an old school pc gamer who loves half life and quake. This is the console equivalent guys! THe cotnrols are hard to get used to, but once you do, the game is fluid, fast, and feels natural. The revieres complaining about the controls simply have not spent the time to enjoy the complex game that is twisted metal! Expand

1. Aug 20, 2012
    Twisted Metal isn't perfect, but most gamers will enjoy this game regardless of genre-loyalty. Twisted Metal is one of the most rewarding multiplayer experiences a gamer can have.
    An old school and tough "demolition" game with obsolete graphics and few choices yet enjoyable – mostly thanks to the dynamic multiplayer mode. [Apr 2012]
  3. Apr 17, 2012
    Although the game has some obvious issues, mainly the controls and the over-the-top difficulty level, the game sure has some character. Fast paced shooter/racer is a great way to get rid of stress. The network game is pure adrenaline packed fun. [Apr 2012]