7.1

1. Jan 29, 2011
    if you played two worlds 1, its time to let go of your hatred of topware and ill tell you why. the intro to this game is awesome, a cool battle between the orcs and saurumon erupts and takes a turn for the worst, when the game picks up, your not going to be blown away by anything. give the game about an hour, to get you out of the "tutorial" as i would call it, and you will be rewarded. this game is fantastic, the combat is fluid, the weapons are cool, the armor is incredibly detailed, the speels are really cool, and archery is fun as well. the controlls can be a little difficult, and youll have to give them a little practice, and as a suggestion i would turn your camera settings to a 1, this game is set so when you bump the right stick the camera does a 90 degree turn. But anyway, the story is decent, the combat is great, the customization is really good all in all this is a great game and thats just the single player. there is multiplayer, one mode is called duel, where its just a one on one match. then theres death match where its 8 players killin each other for bragging rights. another mode called adventure, is where you and 7 others team up to take on an online campaign thats seperate from the single player. this game has alot to offer, and it trully is a blast. Expand
  2. dpc
    Jan 30, 2011
    First off, change the camera sensitivity to "1" and you're all set. The negative reviewer clearly doesn't have the smarts to customize the game - which is why I give this a 10. You really can customize your experience any way you like, more than many RPGs I've played. Plus, it's charming in a goofy sort of way. Yes, the voice acting is horrendous. Yes, the story is derivative. But the gameplay and the rest of it is a lot of fun. And I agree with the comment about the major game sites not reviewing this. I was eagerly awaiting reviews before I bought it, but they lamed out and raved over Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2. No one could have played for a couple hours and reviewed? Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    Just because this little studio can't afford a big advertising blitz and the media payoffs for positive release day reviews (gamespot?,IGN?) doesn't mean they didn't put effort into the game. Two Worlds 2 is a HUGE improvement over the first game - better graphics, better interface, and better game play. It has tremendous depth in crafting and the magic system and has a giant open world to explore. Two Worlds 2 doesn't suffer from the horrible level matching system a la Oblivion. In Two Worlds 2 if you go somewhere your shouldn't you will get wacked - but come back a few levels later and that Cyclops isn't so tough. Its a great sense of growing and building a powerful character. It is a game that will grow on you. My advice don't judge the game by the professional review (or lack thereof), try it out and be patient it takes a while before it shine but shine it does! Expand
  4. Jan 28, 2011
    I was a little apprehensive getting this game mostly due to the fact that it's predecessor was absolutely awful. After the first five minutes my doubts were laid to rest. The camera and controls are drastically improved, along with the graphics and menu system. Three different armor sets make for an easy transistion from magic, archery and close combat. With the touch of a button you are frying someone with your magic and instantly changing to your sword to finish them off. Every mechanic is polished real well and never leaves a bad taste in your mouth. The graphics are awesome, and the locales are truly vast and well put together. The inventory is twenty measures more intuitive, and never frustrating to micro manage. Put that together with an easy alchemy, blacksmithing, and magic crafting system, this game stands apart from it's prequel on every level. One problem I have is being surrounded by managable opponents and one unencountered minion comes up and kills in one strike. The voice acting is unremarkable as well as the horse riding. Minor issues like these hardly keep the game from being immensely enjoyable. Load of quests, hostile npc's, loot and locations all add up to one damn game. The major critics will piss all over it as usual but don't let that dissuade you from at least renting it. Dedicate a weekend to this game and it will not dissapoint. A great distraction until Elder Scrolls 5. Expand
  5. Feb 15, 2011
    First off, I hate it when people don't adjust settings before they review a game. It's narrow-minded and petty to rate a game poorly before adjusting the settings to your preference. Some people may say the settings should be good to begin with, but guess what; people are different. Some people like Easy mode, some people like Hard mode, and in Two Worlds 2, some people prefer different camera sensitivity.

I dislike lobster-hand, but in all honesty I dislike small games more. The extra time and money taken out of erasing lobster-hand no doubt was channelled into making more quests, and this is a tradeoff I'm glad to make.

I'd compare this to a mix of Sacred 2 and Oblivion, both excellent games, but both with a few flaws that hold them from perfection. While Two Worlds 2 isn't perfect, nor quite as large as Oblivion it seems, it's still excellent.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    I wasn't expecting too much from this game. I personally was not a big fan of Oblivion. I tried to be, but there were aspects of the game that really bothered me such as all the monster leveling up with you. Having said that, I still bought this game hoping it would entertain me. For the first two hours, I really was not impressed. I did not like the character models, the way they moved, and I didn't like the voice acting. But I decided to give it a longer chance because I read someone say it took them an hour to get into it.

I am so happy I did. I love this game. Absolutely love it. I like it much better than Oblivion. I enjoy the combat much more as it feels more hack and slash. I like the fact that certain monsters will kill you with one or two blows. I have 9 1/2 hours logged into this game, and there is so much to do. The horse is difficult until you get used to it, once you do it is no problem. Remember that if you buy it and hate the horse.

For me, this game reminds me of an improved Diablo with the fighting, rapid looting, selling equipment, spells. If you ignore the voice acting which becomes easy to do as the game progresses, you will find yourself immersed in this game wanting to play more, to make your character stronger, and to make your weapons and armor stronger. There are graphical glitches, you definitely should load it onto your harddrive, and there are minor bugs here and there but they do not reduce the amount of fun this game is. As everyone else has stated, map is huge and there are so many side quests to do. Even though the voice acting is poor, the dialog is great and the characters have believable quests for you to do which makes them that much more enjoyable. I have played World of Warcraft, Oblivion, Sacred II, and I like the quests much more on this game than those. These quests actually have a bit of thought into them, instead of just making you "kill that guy because he has wronged me." Instead, you will hear him talk to you and tell you (and I am somewhat telling one of the quests but changing it a bit)"I want you to take care of this guy. By take care of this guy, you know what I mean. The reason I want you to deal with this is because when the Orc war was going on, he offered safe passage to my family in exchange for 500 gold. We paid him. On the day we were supposed to meet him, he disappeared. We knew the route of the passage, so we went. Little did we know he had led us straight into an ambush. It seems that is his way of making money..." and there would be more but you get the picture. It gives you an actual reason to want to do the quest instead of simple two line words that scroll across the screen. Anyhow, great game. I am glad I bought it.
  7. Apr 5, 2011
    this game can take a while to love. but ultimately it does reward perserverance with some great fun.
    there are areas to improve such as the voices and the sprinting can give you a headache.
    but overall the gameplay is well done and there are TOO many quests you often drown in decisions.
    overall i strongly recommend two world 2 as one of the most under-rated games of all time.
  8. May 2, 2011
    I would like to write before, but this game is like good wine: you should wait a little to appreciate all aspect. After more than 30 hours spent to reach nearly the half of the game I'll explain why a 10.0 is reasonable score.

Fighting: you can personalize your fighting technique very easily; sneak like Assassin creed, fight like a good old school hack and slash, sniper enemy with bow,
    override the enemy attaking'em with a band of necris and a powerful helbard...

Spell making: I can create my own spells, and they work well; the same for alchemy ( but I prefer a warrior mage )

Wonderful world: you can explore everithing also if you have no active quest, you'll find always something.

God mode: is not a cheat, but if you spend some time on spell making and crafting you can became truly powerful.

Custom class: why the hell a mage can't be a good swordsmen ? In many games you have to choose: brain or muscle, muscle or dextrity ecc. here you can have a mage that hit hard with swords.

Statistics: belive me playing using an heavy sword with 0,8 mt of range is different that use a wooden stick ( not a magic rod ) whith 1,7 mt. of range; and belive me sometimes the best choiche is not so obvious.

Shops: try to stand in front of a shop during the night until the morning ( game time ) when the sun is high enough you'll see the shoptender arrive to open the shop.

Old school game: a classic PC RPG on a japan console, this is something new and something that could add a lot of lifecycle to PS3 it's from the first summoner on ps2 that I didn't see anything similar.

Bug: yes is not bug free, but actually I've so much things to do that I can bearly notice'em.

So If you are a fanatic of technical issues you might not agree with my score, but if you are looking for a good game after spending a lot of time on it you will appreciate all aspect of this game.

At last the main story is not so important ( so far ) but is more important the story itself or the way it is written: take the Divina Commedia is a masterpiece not a SCI-FI paperback also if the story can fit to both gendres.
  9. Feb 3, 2012
    Great Ingenius Game too bad my PS3 lags when it loads the levels, Can be annoying on Horse Back. Other than that It's one of the Best Games to date and since I picked my copy for a Steal at 16 bucks it's a great investment I'm gonna stop what I'm doing and play this. Please see my Honest Review on Skyrim cause that game was Garbage and Overrated. The fact you can be Medieval Guitar Hero on this Game is Epic. I like the Customizing/Crafting Engine in this game and the Abilities are a great Addition. Besides the Annoying Lag and maybe even some Freezes if you well epically own someone and they fall into a wall or something. If that happens don't be mad just be happy this company made a great game with a decent story it was totally unexpected. This is not a Mediocre Game like the rest it's truely a unique adventure. I give it a 9-10ish. Let's go with a 10. XD Cause it's a great game and it's Mutiplayer as well. Screw you Bethesda, Guys I took back Skyrim to buy this game. XD I preordered and waited for Skyrim only to be true dissapointed in a Broken Unfinished Halfass Game. TW2 is an excellent Game and the first one was good as well. My only gripe so far is the fact you can't kill the citizens they are immortal you can kill the guards and flee from the building they leave you alone. So the game allows you some opportunity to steal from villagers and townies and such. Which is awesomeness. I'm a LV18 so far...Whos the Idiot that said Oblivion was a PS2 Game, What an assclown. Oblivion was on PS3/PC/XBOX360. Not the *%#@(%* PS2. Douchebag! Expand
  10. Aug 18, 2012
    One of the best games i've playied on PS3.It just needed an open world online like part one had but offline it ranks with Baulder's Gate,Skyrim and Fallout the spell system is like none other i've ever seen the freedom to customize your spells and potions and upgrade armor,helmets,gloves,boots and all weapons use of rings,amulets made me almost feel like i was in a souped up 3D Baulder's this game just lacks with no open world in online mode.It was great to be able to chat freely with everyone on PS3 in more games like this one as well offline its a 10 but online its a 8 so i give it 9 overall can't wait for TWO WORLDS III Collapse
  11. Dec 14, 2013
    Great Game, cheap and lengthy is may have a long intro and annoying combat at first but is still amazing. Similar to the elder scrolls games, closer to oblivion than the others and has a good multiplier feature.
  12. Jul 29, 2014
    Fond memories. I had so much fun playing this funky game. I beat it twice. The bow and arrow mod is the way to go. I'm not big on the magic or melee system though. This game doesn't "hold your hand" like many of the newer games out there. Enemies don't level with your character. People complain about the interface but it can actually be made more manageable in the menu options. The crafting system then becomes tenable and quite enjoyable. The story has a great sense of humor and the story actually does end up becoming very tragic and enjoyable in the end of the game. Expand
  13. Aug 18, 2012

1. There's not enough room here to say how much I hate this game. I could write a novel about why Two Worlds II is the worst thing to happen to the fantasy RPG genre since encumbrance systems. [Apr 2011, p.114]
  2. Mar 21, 2011
    A bit of a technical mess. [Issue#203, p.86]
  3. Mar 7, 2011
    Is Two Worlds II better than the original? Sure, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.