7.1

1. Feb 2, 2011
    I wanted to give it a 5, but I couldn't stomach it. While I'm going to continue to play the game, I don't feel like anyone should sink 60 bucks into it. I had high hopes for this game, but after the opening it was all downhill from there. First gripe: camera. To the guy who the said the other reviewer "didn't have the smarts customize the game" in reference to setting the camera to one: Everyone should have the right to customize settings to their liking, but there really shouldn't be a reason that you get sick unless you turn the camera to one. No reason at all. We pay money for a quality product. This is not a quality product, and that is one of the reasons why. Not only are there unnecessary hand gestures, but much of the character models look like they didnt put any time into it. The NPC's all suffer from what i call "lobster hand syndrome" which if you watch any of the conversations, you'll immediately know what I mean by that. It just really doesn't feel like it should be a finished product, which is sad, because the game could have been so much more. Like was said before: It is unreasonable to give a game like this a 10. Its not on the same level as Oblivion (with all of its issues), Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or many games for that matter. Expand
  2. Aug 7, 2013
    First of all, I understand this game was made by a small studio, and that it's not really a triple A game or anything of the sort; I admire them for improving so much in their first effort and delivering a functional game........ that said, after playing the soul's series, Dragon's dogma, Elder scrolls, a little bit of The Witcher, etc, etc, it just can't compete. You have 4 setups: magical, archery, stealth and melee. Archery and stealth are decent, magical really shines with the card system and the ability to personalize your spells, but melee, oh boy, it's a train wreck. Controls are imprecise, action is dull, hit detection doesn't feel very good, lock on is really bad, and in the end it all feels really clunky. Had this been released at the beggining of the generation, it may have had a place in the action/RPG foodchain as the first "prototype" of the genre (on this generation at least); but as it stands now, it just feels outdated, I could not bring myself to advance even halfway through the game.

Other nuissances worth mentioning: voice acting is really bad, graphics aren't very good, animations are stiff and even weird sometimes, among others. It''s all forgivable, but the thing that ruined the game for me was the close quarters combat, since it's my favourite gameplay style in these games. I know I may be biased, since a guy who likes magic may get tons of fun from the spellcasting aspect, but if you're anything like me and always go for a Knight/fighter/barbarian, don't bother with this game.............. only recommended if you're in withdrawal syndrome until Dark souls II comes along
  3. Feb 12, 2012
    I played the game in FRENCH and the overdubbed is ABSOLUTELY atrocious. I never heard such amateurish actors that made that game unplayable ! I changed to English. Same thing, just very slightly better. For a RPG, poor dialogue just kills the game which seemed interesting none the less.

1. There's not enough room here to say how much I hate this game. I could write a novel about why Two Worlds II is the worst thing to happen to the fantasy RPG genre since encumbrance systems. [Apr 2011, p.114]
  2. Mar 21, 2011
    A bit of a technical mess. [Issue#203, p.86]
  3. Mar 7, 2011
    Is Two Worlds II better than the original? Sure, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.