UEFA Euro 2012 PlayStation 3

2.3

1. Apr 26, 2012
    Basically what you get for a large sum of money is 8 stadiums and changed player ratings. Expedition mode is a great idea in theory, however the execution isn't good, as I find you go in a circle, after beating a bad team, your team isn't good enough to beat a better team, so you go back to playing the bad team. With only half the teams licensed, and even less with proper kits (includesBasically what you get for a large sum of money is 8 stadiums and changed player ratings. Expedition mode is a great idea in theory, however the execution isn't good, as I find you go in a circle, after beating a bad team, your team isn't good enough to beat a better team, so you go back to playing the bad team. With only half the teams licensed, and even less with proper kits (includes fake kits for both hosts- Poland and Ukraine), the experience is poor. The only good things is the menu and in-game presentation, but they do not make up for the frustration of spending 15 quid on almost nothing. Expand
  2. Apr 25, 2012
    This is a very dissapointing product from EA Sports. This DLC is way too expensive when you look at how little content you get for your money. You can't play through the qualifying groups, can't play any other mode online except for the main Euro tournament. But the biggest dissapointment is that only about half of the teams are licensed. So there are alot of **** players which isThis is a very dissapointing product from EA Sports. This DLC is way too expensive when you look at how little content you get for your money. You can't play through the qualifying groups, can't play any other mode online except for the main Euro tournament. But the biggest dissapointment is that only about half of the teams are licensed. So there are alot of **** players which is outrageous.

EA, I love the FIFA series and I have played every game since FIFA 97 but I'm furious of how bad this entry is
  3. Apr 25, 2012
    What a disappointment, without qualification, with only half the teams licensed (for reasons of business, said EA), probably because querrem pay for licenses. No wonder they have not released as a separate game, it would be a complete disaster.
    24 euros for stadiums, teams and equipment? Just sad, has a new game mode, which is good, and that's what saved him from taking a 0.
    Just a disaster ...
  4. Apr 24, 2012
    No qualifiers! Really!?
    20â
  5. Apr 25, 2012
    As a huge FIFA fan and a particular fan of the international competition efforts from EA, I had high hopes for the Euro 2012 expansion pack. Despite rumours that EA had binned the development off and handed it over to Double Helix games and the complete lack of news coming from the EA headquarters, as a loyal FIFA buyer, these issues were simply brushed under the carpet. It's a FIFA game,As a huge FIFA fan and a particular fan of the international competition efforts from EA, I had high hopes for the Euro 2012 expansion pack. Despite rumours that EA had binned the development off and handed it over to Double Helix games and the complete lack of news coming from the EA headquarters, as a loyal FIFA buyer, these issues were simply brushed under the carpet. It's a FIFA game, it must be good, right? Unfortunately not. First impressions were actually quite good, the layout is very nice and the atmosphere of the tournament is spot on. The expedition mode is a nice touch aswell. But, it doesn't take long for the faults to become blindingly apparent. Firstly, EA's claim to have "over 50 FIFA registered playable nations" is the grandest piece of misleading advertising I've seen in a very, very long time. Yes, there are 50 playable nations, but many of them aren't licensed, including no less than the two co-hosts of the tournament, Poland and Ukraine. If you were hoping to get Wales to the finals, you'll be doing so with the likes of Gareth Belt and Craig Belmont as your shining stars. That leads nicely onto my second point, because I've made a mistake there, because no, you can't take Wales to the Euro Finals and thats because, rather strangely, the qualification campaign is not playable, making the whole games playability very short. You have a selection of the 4 final groups and you can only rearrange them to include other nations, other nations undoubtedly filled with fake players, kits and emblems. I'm both genuinely upset and appalled with the UEFA Euro 2012 expansion pack for FIFA 12 and the lack of game modes and effort put into its conception by EA. The rumours that Double Helix, creators of Silent Hill Homecoming, were going to be the developers of their first football game went down like a storm in a tea cup on the online forums. Unfortunately, their effort would have probably been far superior to this diabolical shambles offered by EA. Expand
  6. Apr 27, 2012
    EA released a add on to fifa12 instead of shipping out a over priced game which was good news

UNTIL They brought out something that may cause a few nose bleeds. Lets Start with the positives GOOD+ ...................................opps...that's right there are none unless a lick of paint floats your boat. Negatives - Where do we start. * Lets start with whats in the DLC, EA have

UNTIL

They brought out something that may cause a few nose bleeds.

Lets Start with the positives

GOOD+

Negatives -

Where do we start.

* Lets start with whats in the DLC, EA have not listened to their fan base and ignored a qualifying mode leading to the tournament similar to world cup 2010, this gave some life to the product but in this case you get the tournament and that's it (yes what a bore as you can do this on fifa 12 anyway)

* Expedition mode....somewhat worked on fifa street but doesn't need an Einstein to work out this would not work on fifa12/euro12
    . And yes it doesn't in fact its awful.

*Unlicensed Squads in fact 40% ish including BOTH host nations and im not even going to bother with going into the legal issues surround EA's false advertising of this product.

*No customisation......that's right you cannot customise your squad so you have to play squad players that will not be playing in Euro 12. FANS WANT TO PLAY THE GAME AND PLAYERS THEIR WAY EA.

*You cannot play new international teams in normal FIFA mode so you cannot create your own tournament .

*Players disappear from your squad during the tournament and new players arrive....Did they miss the plane? Did they just go home and sulk?

*When starting Euro 12 sometimes it asks you to purchase the game even though you already have, meaning you cant play.

*Game frequently crashes....So far ive managed to only play 2 game before crashing, so expect to play double the games in tournaments and pray if your winning it doesn't crash.

*Lack of atmosphere in game specially when you actually win the tournament .

EA clearly have committed suicide with this product and heads should roll, this is not only ripping off their fan base but also causes major damage to consumer confidence, specially after FIFA12 was clearly a step back from FIFA11 with far to many bugs and unbalanced game play.
    Word of WARNING EA lightening can strike twice, you got a kicking many years ago for being arrogant and lazy.
  7. May 8, 2012
    It's that time of year! Every football fan is already excited for this summers tournament and like every gaming fan excited about the release of FIFA's new game. However; this was a total let down. Firstly I was disappointed that the game didn't have a feature where you could qualify for the tournament, so you're pretty much playing 3 group games then a knock out stage which once you haveIt's that time of year! Every football fan is already excited for this summers tournament and like every gaming fan excited about the release of FIFA's new game. However; this was a total let down. Firstly I was disappointed that the game didn't have a feature where you could qualify for the tournament, so you're pretty much playing 3 group games then a knock out stage which once you have won is pointless playing it again. FIFA has always been good at providing detail in there games but this is lacking so much compared to similar tournament releases since I have grown up as a kid. Playing this game provides me with no excitemtent, I want to be able to start from the beginning of qualifying, pick my own team with my own players making it my own. I would not reccomend buying this game even if it is £15. I am now back playing FIFA 12. Expand
  8. Apr 25, 2012
    Ignore my rating of 10 in previous review. That was made in error!

Ignore my rating of 10 in previous review. That was made in error!

What a disappointment. Where do I even start? Lacking plenty of licensed teams. OK so a few fake kits are one thing, but having teams full of fake names harks back to the bad old days of PES. Grr No qualifying mode. This is a massive part of football tournaments. EA said they weren't popular in previous games? Doubt this can be true. It's really buggy. I've had multiple crashes that have required a restart of my PS. Commentators have been saying things that just weren't relevent or true. Playing online I was told that I'd already qualified after winning 2 games. I hadn't won either of them! You can sort out your substitutes before a game, but go and try and select them during a match and they will be a set of completely different players! Not helpful. After the match I attempted to find the highlights of the game so that I could rewatch a fine goal. Not possible! They removed this great feature. God knows why. I though at least the gameplay would be fine - using FIFA 12's should mean that side of things were still great? Wrong. Players seem far less responsive and matches seem slow and sluggish. Not good. Maybe they can patch some of the issues but it's still a very disappointing effort and, quite frankly, a massive waste of money. AVOID!!!!

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jul 19, 2012
    In the end, it's basically FIFA 12 with only European countries available. And you already own FIFA 12. [Aug 2012, p.75]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jun 14, 2012
    Every overly patriotic football fan - is there any other kind? - dreams about winning the European cup with his own country. In Euro 2012 that dream begins in the finals, since the qualifying rounds have been mysteriously forgotten. [June 2012, p.102]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    May 26, 2012
    There's no question that the content on offer here is stronger than a Nigel De Jong reducer. [June 2012, p.114]