UFC Undisputed 2009 PlayStation 3

8.1

1. Jun 23, 2016
    A game that didn't really hook me in once I started. I remember the controls being unnecessarily convoluted and intricate to perform basic tasks, such as grappling, performing a submission or transitioning to different positions. Tutorials didn't do much for me in those functions. The gameplay was generally alright, would have been better if I wasn't forced to be so one-dimensional to pickA game that didn't really hook me in once I started. I remember the controls being unnecessarily convoluted and intricate to perform basic tasks, such as grappling, performing a submission or transitioning to different positions. Tutorials didn't do much for me in those functions. The gameplay was generally alright, would have been better if I wasn't forced to be so one-dimensional to pick my open apart by using my fists. Had to keep pausing to check the controls for the crazy amount of combinations there were to transition in different positions to save myself from losing - unsurprisingly I did lose a lot against fighters that specialised in grappling and submissions. The commentary was very good though, but that isn't really the reason why I buy games like this.

Career Mode was very linear and repetitive, but it was engaging at times. Music was quite good, pretty appropriate to the game.

Overall, a forgettable game. Nothing remotely great in the slightest, but nothing absolutely awful about the game. I did enjoy it from time to time.
  2. Dec 10, 2016
    This game is fun as hell, the exhibition mode is fun (with friends), classic fights are a good way to get someone who wasn't into MMA interested in it (e.g. me) Career mode is fun but the problem is that you don't age is kinda dumb to be honest, you're "CRED" has no real purpose other than to get you new equipment, sponsors, sparring partners and opportunities to increase your "CRED" theThis game is fun as hell, the exhibition mode is fun (with friends), classic fights are a good way to get someone who wasn't into MMA interested in it (e.g. me) Career mode is fun but the problem is that you don't age is kinda dumb to be honest, you're "CRED" has no real purpose other than to get you new equipment, sponsors, sparring partners and opportunities to increase your "CRED" the controls are confusing to someone who's never played a game like this A.K.A me but I'll give it credit for innovation, you can go to training camps which upgrade you're striking and grappling which gives you new moves, their is a few exploits in the game No.1 if you manage to get all the sponsors you can use them in create a fighter (which by the way has a decent enough amount of options) you can put all of the sponors that give the most cred and get everything easily and I mean everything No.2 when you go to a training camp all you have to do is watch two demonstrations by the camp fighter and you have full stamina No.3 any fighter you can beat within a minute of the first round you can beat a few times and shoot up the ranks, the music is good but you'll soon get sick of it and turn it off cause it repeats itself soo often, they didn't add intro walks, music and cage entries which would've made you feel more like an actual UFC fighter, but overall its a fun game but there's a few missed opportunities and not many fighting styles to choose from but rent it if you are curious about the game. Expand

UFC 2009 Undisputed does have a couple of issues that keep it from being a MMA-fan's dream come true but it is still a tremendous title that will make any fan of the sport proud.
  2. Game Informer
    The game's wealth of combos and grapples are made even more impressive by Undisputed's nearly flawless collision detection and animation. [June 2009, p.83]
  3. Games Master UK
    A rock-solid simulation and recreation of the real thing. Perhaps a little too real out of the ring. [June 2009, p.64]