8.3

1. codyB
    May 20, 2009
    If I could give this game a 20 I would. I admit I was hesitant to buy it after the demo. The demo was so so, but now that I have had a chance to play online and the career mode, I must say that it has been a loooong time since a game this deep has hooked me so fast.
  2. rudolpht
    May 20, 2009
    This game is the realist and most complete fighting game that has hit the stores. most people that play this game says it is to hard to do a submission, in real mma it is hard to pull off a submission. this is the realist fighting game made.
  3. aaronl
    Jun 3, 2009
    Good game, unfortunately the single player career mode gets boring very quickly... and the computer's very easy to beat. and once you reach being the champion...training seems almost useless as no one will be able to defeat you...to a point where i would just skip the 13 weeks of supposedly training time just to fight the next bout... but rest of the game however is amazing, the Good game, unfortunately the single player career mode gets boring very quickly... and the computer's very easy to beat. and once you reach being the champion...training seems almost useless as no one will be able to defeat you...to a point where i would just skip the 13 weeks of supposedly training time just to fight the next bout... but rest of the game however is amazing, the depth of the combat is not anything i've ever seen in any games. and there is no stupid health bars, if you are skilled/lucky enough, you can get a first strike ko (and i have done that...first punch thrown was a ko one). Expand
  4. JohnDoe
    May 29, 2009
    First, let me say that I am a fan of the MMA. Not crazy hardcore but still enjoy the kick ass of the sport. Now to the game, visually the game is excellent. The depth of the game is solid but still has room for improvement. The fighter selection is pretty good. The only visual thing I didn't like was the Refs heads seem to be the size of a melon. Controls: Here is one of the new First, let me say that I am a fan of the MMA. Not crazy hardcore but still enjoy the kick ass of the sport. Now to the game, visually the game is excellent. The depth of the game is solid but still has room for improvement. The fighter selection is pretty good. The only visual thing I didn't like was the Refs heads seem to be the size of a melon. Controls: Here is one of the new formats that all PS3 gamers will need to become accustomed to. The great equalizer is that damn right joystick. A lot of moves and actions in the game utilize the joystick so be prepared to relearn the controls. The moves that request a joystick are a pain but with a little practice grappling becomes easier. Start with the tutorial and start slow run, after do the practice to get a feel for the game before you start career. Music/sound: One word says it best. Redundant, overall the music is entertaining however it repeats way too much. Use your ipod 8-) Cons: The only issue I have is the grappling. It Expand
  5. joeb
    May 22, 2009
    So many people claim the ground game doesn't make sense. The ground game is incredibly easy, but you need to take the time to learn the 3 disiplines and how to counter. Most reviews sound like they were written in a day, you need to spend at least 20 hours with the game to be good online. After that though, the game is incredible and fun.
  6. RafaelD
    May 22, 2009
    For any UFC fan this is a must have , but overrall is good fighting game. nice controls , graphics and nice moves from more than 80 fighters.
  7. Nov 17, 2012
    The game has incredible graphics and sound polished to a high sheen. The controls while confusing work great, and the structure to gameplay is good. You can also play against bots and real people

UFC 2009 Undisputed does have a couple of issues that keep it from being a MMA-fan's dream come true but it is still a tremendous title that will make any fan of the sport proud.
  2. The game's wealth of combos and grapples are made even more impressive by Undisputed's nearly flawless collision detection and animation. [June 2009, p.83]
  3. A rock-solid simulation and recreation of the real thing. Perhaps a little too real out of the ring. [June 2009, p.64]