• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is disappointing. The puzzles are easy, the platform is terrible and the shooter is meh. To me Uncharted 2 is more of a cinematic quality show-off than a game with good gameplay.
  2. Dec 26, 2011
    I absolutely can not understand the high scores on this game. I assumed the critics were paid off (just look at CoD), but an 8.8 from users? I get increasingly frustrated every time I ponder on the abysmal 12 hours it took to beat this game, and I believe this game is one of the defining games of a sad new generation. A generation that doesn't care about gameplay, doesn't care about effort or reward, and simply doesn't care what THEY are doing. All they care about is what happens on the screen. If this game was made as a 12 hour Indiana Jones movie, it would accomplish what it set out to do. As a game, it is bland and poor. The shooting is miserable, with the smallest variety of guns and enemies I've ever seen in a third person shooter. Little changes throughout the game gunplay wise, and it gets really old, really fast. The puzzles are a complete joke. Sure they take a second to get right, but half the time you aren't actually figuring out what to do as much as you are just doing the only available option. It doesn't require any thought. The developers of LIMBO, a fantastic example of puzzles done right, directed stated that they tried to avoid making puzzles like the ones found in this game; mindless "fit the block in the square" puzzles that try to make the player feel smart. The characters as cliche as they come, the plot is generic a Indiana Jones style adventure, and as a whole this doesn't feel like a game as much as it feels like a below average summer blockbuster. I won't say don't believe the hype, because apparently I'm in the minority here, but if you try it and don't enjoy yourself after 2 hours, don't bother to keep playing, because it never gets any better. Expand
  3. Sep 14, 2010
  4. Aug 30, 2010
  5. Apr 20, 2012
    This game is very polished in almost every aspect: the graphics, the cinematic cut scenes, the voice acting, the story. The only thing it lacks is an exciting gameplay, which is why I give this game such a low score. Sure it has a combination of puzzle solving, shooting, platforming, online multiplayer but none of them are really interesting (to me at least). Overall this is a ridiculously overrated game with mediocre gameplay. Expand
  6. Aug 6, 2011
    This game is horrible. The puzzles are either easy or broken, the gameplay is tedious (go behind cover, guy sticks his head out, shoot him, repeat) and I could have written a better story at the age of 5. And I'm not a 360 fanboy. Do you want to know what's even worse about this game? That the first game was the exact same god damn thing. That just goes to show that the developers didn't learn from their first piece of **** Expand
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    Almost 2 years later, I still don't see what the big fuss is about. The story and characters are your basic Indiana Jones rip-off with a huge emphasis on the action in-game. While I didn't mind the semi-flat characters or the shockingly dumb plot, the part that really irks me is that the game itself is just not fun. Clunky movement, repetitive gunplay, terrible platforming segments, and to top it all off, completely boring boss fights. Now, admittedly, I haven't played the multiplayer, so maybe I'm missing something. But overall, I don't feel like I could recommend the game to anyone. Expand
  8. Aug 13, 2011
    it's a great game, but overrated.
    so I gave it 0 to balance the score.
    portal2 95 and this game 96? I don't agree.
    game play is a little bored but scene is very Great.
  9. Oct 29, 2011
    This game was a yawn from start to finish.... Off to play some Killzone instead of this crap. The combat was iffy, the cover system was horrible, the guns where generic bullcrap, the level design was so cruddy, the whole game was basicly a massive long tunnel, the graphics are not that amazing, the story is not that great. Overall a very over-rated game. Waste of money! Redundant action, climb some walls, jump some gaps, shoot a couple baddies, repeat. So boring in all aspects. The only reason I gave this game a 1 is because the human graphics are almost lifelike. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2011
    Absolutely awful. The characters, Drake in particular, are so dull, and there isn't a single line that isn't a cliche. I found it insulting, and can't really understand how can IGN rate it so highly.
  11. Jul 7, 2012
    I thought I paid for a game, not an interactive movie.
  12. Jan 12, 2012
    This game has bad controls. I personally dislike it due to the clunky shooting mechanics and its overrated.
  13. Jul 15, 2012
    I love and hate this game at the same time. Sometimes it's just awesome and sometimes it's just kick the crap out of you because of its stupidity. Ololololololololo
  14. Mar 17, 2014
    This game has very good scripted action sequences. Few games have done better. But There is only about 3 of them and the rest of the gameplay isn't really all that great. The platforming is bland, the shooting mechanics are off, and the stealth mechanics are downright awful. Not worth it.
  15. Jun 28, 2014
    I hate this entire series. It has a garbage cliche story, crappy combat, and out dated textures and graphics for 2009! The graphic aren't even that great in my opinion. This game over uses QuickTime events and mediocre puzzles. This is just a garbage excuse for an action adventure game.
  16. Jan 10, 2013
    Just like the first "Uncharted" game, this one is a marvel in the graphics and sound department and there is some fun to be had, but the game is still ruined by the frustrating "monster closet" combat system. The combat is so un-fun I put the game aside after only a few hours of play and never went back.

Only slighty more fun than the first one...
  17. Jan 30, 2013
    Graphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over rated game. Someone has paid off reviewers and why not? sales of the ps3 will the rise. The gameplay in this game was attroutious, from the button mashing melee to the assasins creed, prince of persia like platforming and the third person shooting.....dont get me started. I couldnt hit a thing the game just didnt not flow. Nothing makes me want to put this game back in that ps3, i cannot believe how this game is the appitamy of PS3. Shame, both the PS3 and Uncharted are now on ebay. Ill stick with Halo, Alan wake and gears of war 3 as my xbox 360 exclusives thank you very much, Expand
  18. Feb 12, 2013
    To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway, mean absolutely nothing. The story was only there to lead you from Pretty Colours A to Pretty Colours B, and those Colours go bland after even half an hour, if you're masochistic enough to go through that horribly broken stealth section. In short, I don't recommend it to anyone in particular, not to cinephiles and certainly not to gamers.
    A.B.
  19. Jun 29, 2013
    Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.

Yet with all the reviews going on for uncharted I decided to give the second a shot and it was the same thing in a different world. Dare I say that the combat ruins the game making it unplayable. Sure you could argue that I'm just a bad player but here is the deal, its not fun.

While the adventure part in its own right ranks much higher please stop trying to force me into firefights where I sit at one bunker and pop out of cover to shoot. This is enjoyable in Gears of War but this game just doesn't do it well.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.