• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Oct 30, 2012
    Best PS3 game ! This game have everything : Great action sequence, great combat, awesome graphics, great control and great cinematics ! A must in every PS3 owner's game library !
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    Rarely does a game so magnificent and spellbinding come along that when Sony released this I went out and bought a ps3. I was mesmerized by it. the slick graphics. The excellent and compelling story. The oh so satisfying gameplay that has remarkable pacing. What's not to love about this game??? Recently I have bought games only with replayabillity in them, and yes while this gameRarely does a game so magnificent and spellbinding come along that when Sony released this I went out and bought a ps3. I was mesmerized by it. the slick graphics. The excellent and compelling story. The oh so satisfying gameplay that has remarkable pacing. What's not to love about this game??? Recently I have bought games only with replayabillity in them, and yes while this game holds little replay value it still is a wonderful gaming experience that I did not mind spending money on even for it's linear-ness. This game speaks volumes for itself. If you own a playstation 3 then you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game. Enjoy! Expand
  3. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game this gen without a doubt. This game is not only better than the first, it's different in a good way.
    Single Player: Amazing. Simply breath taking. What more can I say?
    Multiplayer: Good tacked-on MP. Although it gets slightly dull at times (especially without friends) it's still a tough beat/shoot em up.
    Get this game! Especially if you like Tomb Raider (especially the new one)
  4. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  5. Jun 19, 2013
    Amazing. By far the best in the series. It improves over the 1st one ten fold. This truly shows the world what Naughty Dog can do. The story is amazing, one of the best I've experienced so far, I haven't finished the last of us yet. Now all they need to do is make Jak 4. But this will defiantly be one of my favorite games.
  6. Jul 3, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the timesUncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  7. Jul 5, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times IUncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2014
    I'll get this out of the way right now: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the game that made me want to persue video game journalisim. In other words, its one of my favorite games of all time. PERIOD. I could justify why I think so, but I think you guys already know. But f**k it i'll talk.

The game starts of with a cliffhanger. Literatly. The protagonist Nathan Drake is broken and beaten, on the verge of death while inside a train hanging of a cliff by a thread. The 5 minute intro is as exlierating as the entire game, and boy did it get my blood pumping. Drake teams up with a couple of his old buddies to look for Marco Polos lost treasure. And with that, the epic game takes off.

The story never dissapoints and the acting is top notch. Nolan North takes his role as Nathan Drake again, and shows off some of the best acting i've seen from a game. The chemistry with the rest of the cast is charming and heart warming, and uncomfortable when it needs to be.

When it comes to the graphics, Uncharted yet again, is the best. Perfectly polished enviorments breathing with life (or lack there of). Colours are vibrant and pop out and the character animations are almost life like. With some great sound design and what may have the best modern theme song in a video game, Uncharted 2 is absouletley perfect in its presentaion.

The gameplay is very simple, however it is never repetitive and always surprising. Theres 3 main gameplay components the work together nicley: Combat, climbing and puzzle solving. Combat is basically a third person cover system where you simply run around and shoot enemies attempting to beat you to the treasure. Theres also a hand to hand combat system, that works much better then it did in its predecessor. Theres nothing ultimatley wrong with the combat, in fact the simplicity of it benfits the game, focusing on the action more then strategy.

Climbing and traversing is very easy and satisfying: especially when climbing the tallest of buildings if foreign countries. The puzzles in the game, although there are fewer then there were in the previous games, there much larger in scale and much more epic. I was never really stumped enough to the point of frustration, but they do provide a nice distraction from the usual run and gun.

I could go on for hours talking about how perfect Uncharted 2 is, but ill just say this. Uncharted 2 is perfect. SURPRISE. I may be a fan boy, but even after a formal evalutation theres simply no arguing that this, not only helped shape the generation of the PS3 and the future that is yet to come, but it simply is a fantastic expierence, and most definatley The Bathroom Gamers GOTY of 2009.
  9. Jan 22, 2014
    The graphics, gameplay, story are all top notch. This is not only one of the greatest games on the PS3, it's one of the greatest in all of gaming history.
  10. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for allThis is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for all action-adventure/third-person-shooter fans. Expand
  11. Apr 10, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play. Even The Last of Us cannot claim the top spot against a game like Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog, often characterised by its incomparable voice acting and mesmerising graphics, does not fail to impress. The whole game screams professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship. I would find it extremely difficult to fault this game.
  12. May 28, 2014
    Uncharted 2 has lived up to its reputation. Me and my brother both played it and we were awestruck at the intensity this game made us feel. Naughty Dog you have seriously captured the soul of the gamer. The gameplay was smooth as hell and the story line was awesome. A must buy for very ps3 gamer :) !!
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    Love this game, honestly the best game on the PS3 on it's entire life cycle and possibly the best game ever made. Great storyline and gameplay. 10/10.
  14. Aug 11, 2010
    Every game critic gave this game a positive review, and with good reason. Best game ever released, but its only home is the PS3!!! Go Uncharted 2!!! 10/10!!!
  15. Aug 11, 2010
    the most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphicsthe most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphics are average or buggy, you are wrong, and basically no one agrees with you except for 40 year olds who play thier pc in their momie's basement. and lets not forget about the losers who give this game a 0 to counter act all the tens, there are 1482 positive reviews to your pathetic 178. a wise man (adam sessler x-play) once said that this is the best single player experience he has ever had in a video game. hell yea!!!!! uncharted 2 FTW!!!! Expand
  16. Aug 12, 2010
    The only thing I didn't like from the game is that it was too short!

The story line is awesome, the characters are really believable (animation, script, voices), and the graphics are stunning.

The most immersive game in terms of storytelling ever. You really feel as if you were Indiana Jones of the 21st century.

Clearly one of the best games on the ps3.
  17. Aug 14, 2010
    Very Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at usingVery Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at using the processing power it harnesses. Any PS3 owner should have this game. Expand
  18. Jan 20, 2012
    It's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most willIt's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most will finish this game in one sitting but that's because the game constantly excels itself with beautiful scenery, clever puzzles and fantastic gunplay. It now even boasts multiplayer, with some narrative elements afoot. In short Uncharted 2 begs to be the top dog, and if this game is any indication, it has succeeded without fault. Expand
  19. Sep 28, 2010
    This is the absolute BEST graphic made game on the planet. The game has a compelling story, but the reason why I love this game the most, is because games look better than when you actually play them. However, this game remains the same. So either the cutscenes are just garbage, or the game's graphics a re AWESOME. I can't wait for Uncharted 3.
  20. Oct 3, 2012
    One of the best games out there. I was really emotional attached to all of the characters. Good pacing. Great story. Just wait til everybody gets disappointed for Uncharted 3.
  21. Oct 6, 2010
    Brilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularlyBrilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularly new with it to separate itself from the masses in regards to this feature, but in the ends it's just a small part of what is an incredibly rich and diverse game. It is perhaps a little on the short side â Expand
  22. Sep 15, 2010
    Having not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though theHaving not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though the gameplay is much similar to games such as Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider, and utilizes the current gen trend of over-the-shoulder shooting, it does these things as good as or better than said games. The climbing is mostly fluent and only a few times is completely unclear about how to progress. The story is well written and acted (and the time they put into the animations is obvious), the pacing is great and the graphics are top notch. However, the game difficulty doesn't change much between any of the settings, and the only firefight with any real difficulty is the last boss. Overall, a solid single player experience not to be missed.
    Multiplayer isn't perfect, but this game's all about the single player movie-like chapters - so no judgments are going to be made here.
  23. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game,great for everybody,family,friends,kids,adults.I agree with others aswell,its got 26 chapters and it wil last you a good while,not to mention the story line is good quality as always coming from a sony/naughty dog company ,once you finished the single player you can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun playing the online part of the game.
  24. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game guys,just amazing,you need to play it to see and believe just how good this game is,this game made me relise how bad 360 games are and how short they are.
    cant beat a ps3 exclusive.
  25. Mar 1, 2012
    A game that was just as good as the original. Amazingly cinematic, and fun gameplay, even though I sometimes get lost, not knowing what I should do next.
  26. Sep 18, 2010
    One Word AWSOME. This is one of the best game i have ever played. Also i think this just may be about the best looking games on any console so far. 10/10 For me :)
  27. Jun 26, 2012
    Uncharted 2 improves a lot the previous episode, already very well done, in all respects, and introduces the online game Too bad there were pirates in the first Uncharted ... and a game where there are pirates can not be beat. Monkey Island Rules!
  28. Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed bySeriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed by positive reviews. So obviously its amazing because the reviews speak for themselves. Also not one negative critic review. This game revolutionized platformers and you know it. So quit being negative just to be negative. Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read and heard all the hype and was expecting one of the all time greats and I absolutely got it here. The problems with the first Uncharted are solved and improved here.
  30. Sep 29, 2010
    A tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and youA tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and you like action adventures, you're in for a treat! Expand
  31. Oct 19, 2011
    This game was great. Briefly, the characters and story were very compelling. The voice acting and dialog were highly entertaining. The variety of locations and destinations was epic, it gave the game a great adventure type tone. The game play was fun and challenging. The cut-scenes and writing kept you engrossed in the story, making you want to find out what happens next. A veryThis game was great. Briefly, the characters and story were very compelling. The voice acting and dialog were highly entertaining. The variety of locations and destinations was epic, it gave the game a great adventure type tone. The game play was fun and challenging. The cut-scenes and writing kept you engrossed in the story, making you want to find out what happens next. A very satisfying game and one every gamer should play. Expand
  32. Oct 2, 2010
    I think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastesI think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastes in games you have this game is a MUST play for anyone. Expand
  33. Oct 12, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Every element has been finely crafted, from sound to graphics to cut-scenes to gameplay. All of this thrusts the player in to a tumultuous thrill ride that has no bounds. And as for the multiplayer, it is a well implemented feature too.
  34. Oct 13, 2010
    Remember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many variedRemember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many varied locales in this game you will be climbing lamp-posts or sides of buildings to traverse past blockades. The story now focuses on the lost treasure of Marco Polo, and how Drake allies himself with a crafty criminal named Flynn who is traveling with Drake's old girlfriend, Chloe. Without revealing too much, I'll say that the story turns into where the hunter turns into the hunted, and Drake must rush to find the treasure in time. The cut scenes in the game are great, and they are practically seamless with the game play in terms of graphics, and loading screens are nearly non-existent. All these things make this a must-buy game for the PS3. In fact, I would go as far to say that you should even get a PS3 just for this game, as there are some amazing setpieces that cannot be enjoyed in any other game on the market. This game is as close as you can get to perfection. Expand
  35. Oct 9, 2010
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all. This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen. Everything is perfect pace. The only thing is kind of bad now was the multiplayer online which was kind of unbalance that was all. The single player is one of the best and have the most likable characters as well. 9.5
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all.
    This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen.
    Everything is perfect pace.

9.5 out of 10.
    -.5 for the multiplayer mode for kind of unbalanced
  36. Oct 13, 2010
    There is simply nothing bad to say about this game. Every single aspect of the game is nearly perfect: graphics, single player, multiplayer, music,... the list goes on and on. If you are not blown away by this game, no other game will.
  37. Oct 13, 2010
    Best. Game. Ever. BUY NOW!!!!!! Single player is amazing- (completed it 3 times (Normal, Hard, then crusing)) Online multiplayer is amazing- (Poured endless amount of hours into the intense gameplay) and co-op kicks ass as well. If you don't have this game you are missing out.
  38. Oct 15, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is a blast and defenitely will make you think of being a PS3 if you don't already own one.

STORY: Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who

STORY:
    Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who will soon look more interesting in Nate's eyes. The quest beggins with an infiltration in a museum in Istanbul and soon things don't turn out really good, with Nate behind bars and Sullivan returning to save his ass. Soon Nate finds his self running for his life and trying to find out the secret of Shamballa at the same time. There will be a lot of turns in the plot and there will jump in new characters, old friends and......well lets say, some none normal dudes. The story takes bout 12 hours complete and I recommend to play it on hard difficulty setting.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2's gameplay can be described as "balanced and polished". It's a cover-based 3rd person shooter with a great hand-to-hand combat, a lot of platforming, puzzle solving and a bit of stealth. More specificly: The gun fights are good and the most of the guns feel nice, the arsenal is average in quantity but great in quality. Whenever you get close enough to an enemy don't be afraid to use hand-to-hand, you won't regret it. Platforming looks a lot like in the 1st Uncharted (which is a good thing) but it feels more comfortable and solid. Puzzle solving isn't that much of a challenge but it is a good brake from the action.As for the stealth, you will find it neessary only for the first level, afterwards it can be used just for the fun factor and sometimes you will catch yourself forgeting about it. But these doesn't make it a bad addition, it is really good and you will appreciate it for being there. The AI isn't too great but you will see that whatever your enemies lack in mind they got it in numbers. There is also a very good variety of enemy types in the game which means that some of them will make you make cover your best friend, some will make you run away and some run dirrectly on the front for a kick knockdown. Also there are some incredibly awesome in-game cinematic action moments that will make feel that you are watching a high budget Hollywood action movie.There are rocks, water and snow that you have to go through...and you wil enjoy it!

MULTIPLAYER: Yes there is a online multiplayer and it is awesome. Up to 10 players can enjoy the MP modes of Uncharted 2 such as: Deathmatch, Plunder, Elimination, Turf War, King of the Hill and Chain Reaction.
    And trying to get perks levels. The competitive MP is great but online co-op is a treat. With up to 3 players teaming up and trying to take down AI enemies in order to reach the treasure is priceless.

GRAPHICS: The graphics are stunning, really taking the PS3 to its limits. Snow feels like snow, water reats as realisticly as possible and the plants surounding the jungle are amazing. You will find yourself gazing in huge and deeply detailed enviroments as you march through the game with sweet effects and stuff. The character design is great and flawless and the explodes are "exploding".

SOUND: Sound is very sophisticated, music suits the game perfectly get the feelings out everytime and it never gets boring, voie acting is terrific. The guns sound stellar and effects are too solid to be true.

VERDICT:
    Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a mind-blowing experience not only on the PS3 but in all of gaming platforms ever made.Feels like a movie plays like a game. With the Co-Op and Competitive online multiplayer tieing in and making it a must buy AAA game.
  39. Oct 17, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i have ever played. Great story, great fighting, great puzzles, great platforming, great graphics, great online ect. There is nothing wrong with this game, if you have a PS3 a don't have this game go buy it now, you won't regret it.
  40. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best single player campaigns in a shooter ever. Possibly the best PS3 game to date. Not to mention the online is very fun, though it could use a little work.
  41. Oct 19, 2010
    This is a great game. As fun as the first Uncharted. The graphics are better that Drakes Fortune but the re-playability is lessened. Truly a game you don't want to miss out on. Story - 9 : Graphics - 10 : Controls - 9 : Gameplay - 9
  42. Oct 19, 2010
    The grafics are the best of the best, the story is mind blowing it's over all the best game. Nothing even comes to it's toes on how great this game is.
  43. Oct 23, 2010
    I have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may notI have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may not be ground-breakingly original, instead it polishes up features already seen in other 3rd person shooters. This doesnt make it a gears of war rip off! For all you 360 lads, there were 3rd person shooters before gears. Whether you like to admit it uncharted 2 is a diamond in the rough of the modern gaming world, it has what many developers now leave second to online mutiplayer, an excellent single player campaign with real replay value. Thats not to say that the online experience suffers though, it too is one of the most polished online games this generation. I cant wait to see what the 3rd outing will have in store. Expand
  44. Nov 11, 2010
    Epic from start to finish. Atmospheric and exillarating. The graphics and fluidity are sublime. Its challenging but not too challenging. I truly recommend this title.
  45. Mar 3, 2012
    When I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to beWhen I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to be the train ride, where you must go from the back of a moving train to the front, taking out guards, tanks, and even helicopters to make your way to the front, and that's just one of many great moments in this game. It has so many defining moments that most games can dream of just one of them. Every time you think this game has done all that it could, something else comes up to shock you. The visuals in this game are outstanding, detail pours out of every scene to make you stop sometimes just to admire what Naughty Dog has done. The platforming in this game is remarkable, with landscapes that sometimes to the naked eye don't seem scalable, but then something breaks or shifts and new routes are open to you. Drake is one of the most likable characters this generation, he is a great explorer, a good friend and even better person, and yet also manages to be badass. There is also a multiplayer, it's good but not addicting. There is nothing wrong with it, it works well, the maps are perfect for the platforming and the competitive aspect is perfect for this sort of game, but personally i couldn't get into. It was fun for a few rounds but its the single player that is the meat of this game. That is how a game should be, and it does it well. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games this generation and I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves good story, great characters, and fantastic gameplay. Expand
  46. Nov 12, 2010
    I bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this gameI bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this game simply amazed me from the very start of you climbing the train that is barely hanging on a cliff, to the final missions. The only problem with this game is that certain gun play and platforming sections can be infuriating. Why? Because the combat can be very difficult with certain enemies and I found my self dying to often for my liking, the platforming is absolutely brilliant except certain parts can be a bit difficult to know where to go next. Despite saying this the pacing is absolutely brilliant. It has amazing set pieces throughout, and such a brilliant amount of different things you can do. Splinter Cell style stealth sections, brilliant cover systems and weapons, awesome platforming movements and the best graphics to date. Me mumbling on about how good this game is (the best that I have ever played, and I have played plenty on both Xbox 360 and PS3), doesn't do it enough justice. The characters are brilliant and superbly detailed in movement and facial expressions. Amazing, move over Red Dead Redemption I have a new favourite. Roll on to the third game, Naughty Dog are experts at what they do and they do it better than any one, it's worth buying the PS3 just because of this game. Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  47. Nov 24, 2010
    Most polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects inMost polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects in this game, the only thing that I can remember is that it takes too long to connect to online/multiplayer. Expand
  48. Nov 3, 2010
    Where can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buyWhere can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buy this then your in for a adventure. Expand
  49. Nov 5, 2010
    this game is the best great graphics cool story of drake and Flynn and lazarivic and the online gaming is double cool thats why it has a 10 number one game
  50. Nov 7, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  51. Nov 9, 2010
    This is by far a great game! It has a excellent story and excellent online features. It is a great fps. This game has got to be one of the greatest games out for PS3! Easily a Perfect 10.
  52. Nov 21, 2010
    One of the best games I have ever played. If this had been multi platform I've no doubt it would have won more awards.

The games has a very strong and interesting storyline, full of twists and turns. The graphics are great and the cut scenes just about right, not too long or too many. The actual game play itself is very good and handles like a dream, it's done in a platform style in that it's broken down into small chunks of battling with plenty of checkpoints along the way so you don't end up getting too frustrated. One of its greatest assets over other 3rd person or first person shooters is the cover system, this works excellently.

The only downside is the length of the story, but it's a small sacrifice, too long like some games and you'd lose track of what it was all about.

I've loved both uncharted games, roll on number 3.
  53. Dec 23, 2011
    The best of the series in my opinion. While UC3 adds things, UC2 covers the most ground and feels the most balanced and fleshed out, it's really solid. Probably my favorite game of all time, in that despite being very linear, I never get sick of multiple play throughs.
  54. Jun 8, 2011
    Incredible. Graphically brilliant, technically sound, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Uncharted 2 exceeds the first game in this series by leaps and bounds. This game's greatest triumph, I feel, is its level design. Every chapter provides a completely different experience, and this keeps the campaign from becoming dull. In addition to this, the puzzles in this Uncharted 2 were aIncredible. Graphically brilliant, technically sound, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Uncharted 2 exceeds the first game in this series by leaps and bounds. This game's greatest triumph, I feel, is its level design. Every chapter provides a completely different experience, and this keeps the campaign from becoming dull. In addition to this, the puzzles in this Uncharted 2 were a perfect balance of fun and challenge. Each puzzle sequence took a decent amount of thought to complete, yet the developers weren't so heartless as to force you to consult an online walkthrough. The multiplayer mode in Uncharted 2 is well designed, but it doesn't prove to be quite as enjoyable as the single player campaign. A minor annoyance found in this game lies in the controls. More specifically, when you are attempting to crouch behind an obstacle to avoid enemy fire, Drake will often simply roll into the object and stand back up again, happily allowing bullets to decorate his face. Despite this, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a masterpiece, and is certainly deserving of the title, "Game of the Year". Expand
  55. Jul 26, 2013
    Naughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, andNaughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, and genuine humor. Gunplay still isn't the tightest thing in the world but it feels alright once you get the hang of it. Developer Naughty Dog really shows off what the PS3 is capable of in the graphics department. Truly this game looks just as good, and sometimes better, than games that are coming out this year (2013)! The game has multiplayer this time around, and just like the campaign it is also fantastic. Most of the objective modes have been abandoned, but you can still find Deathmatches and co-op games. Truly Uncharted 2 is one of the PS3's most treasured titles, and for good reason, it not only manages to best its predecessor but also manages to best most of the PS3 exclusives out there. If you enjoyed the first Uncharted then prepare to love Among Thieves. Naughty Dog truly knows how to work the PS3 and has firmly cemented itself as one of the go to developers for quality games. This is worth every second of your time and I HIGHLY recommend it. Expand
  56. Jan 16, 2011
    This game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. IThis game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. I can't wait for Uncharted 3. Expand
  57. Jan 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Best game on the PS3 so far. Can't fault the single player campaign, the story's good, the characters dialogue is captivating and witty. I think there are 2 things that make this game standout from the rest. Firstly the amount of intense moments in the game where the unexpected happens, and secondly the online co-op modes - definitely worth a shot if you get this game.
  58. Jun 2, 2011
    I think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and theI think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and the results are spectacular. You feel drawn to look at the scenery, when on top of a building for example, and everything looks so crystal clear, almost even prettier than real life. You really do feel like you're going on an adventure with the lead character: Nathan Drake, and I think he's a character we could possibly all relate too, as he's really just an average guy doing amazing and interesting things. Anyhow, if you still haven't bought this, and you have a PS3, then what's going on? This is something that every PS3 owner should play. And if you don't have a PS3, well then this is the game that should tempt you to buy one. Truly an amazing game. Expand
  59. Feb 4, 2011
    Quite the lot we have here don't we? Giving this game a 10 because well.. it's pretty awesome, a must play, and there are far too many Gears of War, COD, and just sorry xbox 360 fanboys trying to downplay a nearly perfect game with undeserving low review scores.
  60. Mar 5, 2012
    I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly.I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly. This single player is perfection. The multiplayer is a bonus and is pretty solid. The co-op is great as well. But the game is about 3 years old s the multiplayer isn't exactly hot at the moment. But if anyone is reading this ,which I doubt, and you've never played an uncharted game you simply have to. I'm sorry but you should be forced to play it. There isn't much need to play the first one but make this your first uncharted. The first one is great but that game is very old. But you must play the 2nd one first in my opinion. Expand
  61. May 23, 2011
    Is this perfect game? We have to compare it to it's peers and by that standard it's a 10. Great game play, Great story, a real challenge playing on hard.
  62. Jun 29, 2011
    I'll start off by saying that I did NOT play "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".
    I'll start off by saying that I did NOT play "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".
    This game is essentially an interactive Indiana Jones movie. In the campaign mode, every thing is perfectly paced. There are plenty of gunfights, but never enough to exhaust you or bore you, the puzzles are accessible enough for anyone to figure out, yet challenging enough to give you that rewarding feeling of completion, and the controls are simple so that you can focus on what you're doing, as opposed to how you're supposed to do it. The graphics are arguably the best of any game on the PS3, and they run without any slowdown and with some very nice blurring effects. The online is just as good if not better than the campaign. If you've been playing COD a lot, then some adjustments will need to be made, but once you get used to it, it becomes a game that allows you to compete fairly with players of all caliburs. And, unlike COD, the "host migration" problem comes up VERY rarely (although, that may be because there are fewer players per match on Uncharted). WIth the price it's at now (about $30), it's a must buy.
  63. Feb 16, 2011
    This game is a fantastic game for the PlayStation 3. IN DEPTH- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an incredible sequel to 2007's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is deservingly received game of the year. Continue reading to see it reviewed in depthâ
  64. Apr 3, 2012
    Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL,Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL, made me question my xbox fanboyism. I played nonstop for hours, and Uncharted 2 was so good that I couldn't bring myself to put it down. This is the only game I've ever played that's made me laugh not because something in the game was particularly funny, but because I was experiencing something I've never experienced before in a game and I can't even describe the feeling other than it was pure gaming nirvana. To compare this game to a movie isn't enough, because it easily exceeds any action flick I've ever seen. The graphics, the controls, the characters are all perfect. Although Uncharted 2 may not be as long as say...Skyrim or Arkham city, what it lacks in length it makes up for in pure enjoyment. After one sitting with this game, it converted me from an xbox fan to a ps3 fan, and I ended up driving to Gamestop later that day to purchase a PS3 and Uncharted 2. In closing, even though Uncharted 2 is the second game in the series, I recommend completely skipping the first game, because quite frankly...it isn't that great. You don't need any back-story from Uncharted 1, because each game is it's own story. It's worth owning a PS3 just for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Expand
  65. Jul 25, 2011
    I have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between thisI have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between this game and GOW is that while Gears is with out a doubt a good game, the story elements and character development are lacking extremely. This game is such a great package! You have a fantastic single player story, great competitive multiplayer, and a highly addictive co-op mode. I would never compare this game to anything....its a gem in its own right. Let Gears of War be what it is and let Uncharted 2 be what it is....they are both great gaming experiences, except one doesnt run off of the almost obsolete Unreal Engine. Expand
  66. Jan 10, 2012
    A jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC trainA jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC train sequence in the middle of the game. This game alone has made my recent purchase of a PS3 worth it. It's a f*cking awesome game, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed playing it. Expand
  67. May 27, 2011
    the uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole timethe uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole time instead of playing a game awsome voice actors new characters and the same wit and laugh out loud moments that you fall in love with in the first game there is simply no flaws that i can point out in this game. i have not played online mode yet since the story is so good and very unique based on an interesting concept i have not found a need to do so. i cannot wait for Uncharted 3 and will be pre ordering it asap and urge anyone with a love of games to get this series because both games in this series are can't miss oportunities for a fun filled adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the suprising ending Expand
  68. Jul 3, 2011
    Superb opening, everything start in a Bang! ! . Those incredible moments are here and are mind blowing , the story is fantastic , the gunplay, not the best but is responsive. Other thatn that the platforming is an idea that Castlevania copy pasted and formed in a orignal way. so coooll experience.
  69. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is a marvel of gameplay merged with storytelling. From end to end it is a non-stop rollercoaster of excitement and action. You genuinely get to know and care about each character and their journey through this game. It is a game that I will go back to again and again, just to experience it again. Truly one of the best games ever made.
  70. Jun 10, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games I have ever played. Awesome story, fluid animations, gorgeous environments and movie-like gameplay make this a game no PS3 owner should ever miss.
  71. Apr 17, 2012
    I am not seeking to counter the current average, I am just seeking to be honest. Is this a "great" game? Yes. Is it "sublime"? No. Is it better than the first installment in the series, yes, but not in every way. The two main things I liked about the first game in the series (the intelligent AI and the realistic difficulty) were completely absent in this game. In the first game, the enemyI am not seeking to counter the current average, I am just seeking to be honest. Is this a "great" game? Yes. Is it "sublime"? No. Is it better than the first installment in the series, yes, but not in every way. The two main things I liked about the first game in the series (the intelligent AI and the realistic difficulty) were completely absent in this game. In the first game, the enemy would intelligently flank you, centered around where you were, and all the enemies would do this while actively pinning you down with bullet fire. In U2, the enemies do not behave so. Some do, but most of the enemies' behaviors are either clearly set as "stay behind this box or whatever and keep shooting" or "just walk in a straight line towards Drake." I was very disappointed by that, and also by how much easier the game was in general. I played both games on normal and in the first game, you would take as much damage before death as the enemies at whom you were shooting. I liked this since I never liked the idea of why you can take 20 more bullets to the chest than everyone else. However, U2 employs the more ubiquitous "superhuman" approach, which was a shame. To make up for these absences, Naughty Dog gave us some incredibly varied level designs and a more interesting story. You travel to a lot more interesting places (though sadly these places are much more linear) and you are more curious as to what happens in the end. Otherwise, the biggest problem plagues both games: the tedious and crude gunplay. It's not "bad", and I certainly don't expect it to hit the heights of Gears of War, but it could stand to see substantial improvement. Overall, I don't see why this game is considered one of the best of this generation. Great, but not transcendental. Expand
  72. Feb 22, 2012
    Even more catchy than first part. Awesome story and everything else. Adding multiplayer, that was thing I was waiting for, but it was a little bit disappointing. Best third person shooter I have ever played. U3 awaits!
  73. May 16, 2011
    Easilly the greatest game on the PS3, if not the greatest game ever! This got voted the best game of all time by the readers of the Official PlayStation Magazine UK, so with an award like that it has to be good right? And it certainly is! its essentially the same and its predecessor Drakes Fortune with platforming/puzzling/shooting, but its so much more as well. The graphics are out ofEasilly the greatest game on the PS3, if not the greatest game ever! This got voted the best game of all time by the readers of the Official PlayStation Magazine UK, so with an award like that it has to be good right? And it certainly is! its essentially the same and its predecessor Drakes Fortune with platforming/puzzling/shooting, but its so much more as well. The graphics are out of this world, characters are funny and realistic and the story is even better than Uncharted 1. Drake is after Shambhala with a psychopathic war criminal behind him. This game never lets up, from the agonizing climb up the train wreckage hanging from the side of a cliff to the intense run across rooftops as a chopper chases you to the incredible views of Tibetan mountains. And the addition of multiplayer makes the game last even longer. Even though i have played way more of the campaign than online it is still very good, theres the traditional deathmatch and CTF style matches but the mode i played the most was the survival mode in which you and a friend try to survive 10 waves of enemies. Basically GET THIS GAME, its truly insane how anyone cant like it. Uncharted 3 is out this year too so get playing the first two to get ready for part 3! Expand
  74. May 15, 2011
    This is one of the best games ever! Haters are only doing it because they have Xbox's and can't buy it. Although the story isn't best, it has plenty of plot twists, the backgrounds are beautiful to look at, the multi-player is awesome, and there is a great array of weapons to choose from, and the characters feel like ACTUAL human beings! From my experience few games can be compared to thisThis is one of the best games ever! Haters are only doing it because they have Xbox's and can't buy it. Although the story isn't best, it has plenty of plot twists, the backgrounds are beautiful to look at, the multi-player is awesome, and there is a great array of weapons to choose from, and the characters feel like ACTUAL human beings! From my experience few games can be compared to this masterpiece. 10 out of 10 every step of the way! Expand
  75. May 17, 2011
    A near perfect game. Everything is great. As a person who has been to nepal, I can say that the art direction here is spot on. Voice acting/mocap, writing, gameplay, and pacing are all fantastic. The single player experience alone is totally worth your time and money. One of the best games out there, for any system.
  76. Jul 9, 2011
    Best game of this generation so far. Everything about it is great and tbh I just wanna boost rating because of idions that are giving it 1 and 2..........................
  77. May 24, 2011
    Great game from top to bottom, from graphics to gameplay. Highly recommended. Cannot wait for Uncharted 3. Another great reason to be a PS3 owner.
  78. May 31, 2011
    This is by far the best example of a game making a movie like experience. The gameplay is amazing the cinematic's are superb and this and the first uncharted is the only game I've had where I had people wanting to watch me play for the amazing story behind this epic game
  79. Jun 12, 2011
    Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me,Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me, helicopter, you're nothing to me, I'm the man!". No, he says "No way!"or "What about a break? Can't you guys see the helicopter!" (The helicopter is trying to kill him) He feels real, so everyone who says this is like Gears of War are wrong. This is Uncharted. Expand
  80. Jun 10, 2011
    For everyone complaining about the controls, i have never had a problem with it. This game has one of the best stories ever. It has amazing graphics, and it has amazing controls, it is super fun to play and has almost no flaws. Its the best game ever!
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    There's no such thing as a perfect game, though Uncharted 2 comes pretty close. Perhaps one of the most polished and slick games in recent memory, it's also perfectly paced and features some solid gunplay and climbing mechanics. Whenever you find yourself bored of doing something, the game switches gears and has you puzzle solving, or jumping and leaping around any of the games amazinglyThere's no such thing as a perfect game, though Uncharted 2 comes pretty close. Perhaps one of the most polished and slick games in recent memory, it's also perfectly paced and features some solid gunplay and climbing mechanics. Whenever you find yourself bored of doing something, the game switches gears and has you puzzle solving, or jumping and leaping around any of the games amazingly detailed and varied environments. Never has a game been able to tug so tightly on the heart strings and it really boils down to superb writing and voice acting as well as a gripping and generally solid story line. Uncharted 2 is pretty much a must play for anyone with a PS3 and really just fans of action/adventure games in general. Expand
  82. Jun 14, 2011
    Amazing game, story is excellent - well written and executed. Visuals are excellent too; some of the backdrops in this game are breath-taking. The gameplay varies well with great puzzle integration, combat and shooting elements. Well worth the purchase, and highly recommended.
  83. Jun 14, 2011
    okay, the campaign isn't that good, but the multiplayer is AWESOME. it's like goldeneye 007 multiplayer, except even better. the only downside is that for some game modes, match making is unreliable.
  84. Jun 15, 2011
    The single player "story" mode is an expansion on the tried and true Uncharted: Drake's Fortune gameplay. For the most part, yes, you mostly climb stuff, and stare at the beautiful scenery that Naughty Dog has masterfully produced. The irony is that even though Uncharted is a platformer, not a shooter, it actually has more responsive and in depth shooting and combat mechanics than anythingThe single player "story" mode is an expansion on the tried and true Uncharted: Drake's Fortune gameplay. For the most part, yes, you mostly climb stuff, and stare at the beautiful scenery that Naughty Dog has masterfully produced. The irony is that even though Uncharted is a platformer, not a shooter, it actually has more responsive and in depth shooting and combat mechanics than anything else on the market. However, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Log into the multiplayer, and you're in for the time of your life. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves contains one of the most well designed multiplayer modes available today. Yes, it is greater than anything that the "all-powerful" Xbox Live has to offer. With 10 players, in beautiful maps, you can partake in many of the typical multiplayer modes. The most impressive parts of the multiplayer are the facts that the maps aren't FLAT like in COD or Halo. Victory in the multiplayer relies upon the players' skill levels, not how long they've played or how many expansions that they had purchased, as in other shooters. This is no doubt one of the most complete packages that has been offered this generation. The only drawback is the repetitive single player mode, but that is soon forgotten as you step onto one of the most active online multiplayers on the PS3. At $20-$30 now for the game of the year edition, this game is no doubt worth the money for PS3 owners. Xbox 360 users who have gotten tired of Halo and Gears of War may even be convinced to get a PS3 for this reason. Congratulations, Naughty Dog. Expand
  85. Jun 16, 2011
    The game is just unbelievably amazing. I never played a game that combined really good action with a superb voice casting, impressive environment (I love the part in Nepal) and a fascinating story. This is truly my favorite game!!!!!
  86. Jun 19, 2011
    This is a truly amazing game that fully deserves the praise it has received. The gameplay is solid, easy to pick up. As for multiplayer, it outshines easily other TPS games like Gears. The graphics are indeed amazing, and this game doesn't copy Tomb Raider, it goes beyond it and reaches the hall of fame of TPS games.
  87. Jun 21, 2011
    IS the game linear? Yes. Is it a bit too easy? yes, is it one hell of a ride? yes!
    This game is a 10/10 no questions about that at all, the story, excellent graphics, amazing passing really do make this a game to marvel at.
    Its good fun and a real showcase on what consoles can achieve when a developer really has some passion.
  88. Jun 28, 2011
    Hands down THE best PS3 game ever developed. Naughty Dog is SPOT on with everything a TRUE gamer wants! Uncharted 3 will once again take the stand as the best PS3 game when it comes out.
  89. Jul 7, 2011
    Amazing game with my best score yet. AMAZING story and action sequences when the building started falling i was right on the edge of my seat, AMAZING multi-player AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING that's all I have got to say really so. peace off.
  90. Oct 9, 2011
    Naughty Dog does it again--they seem to never make a mediocre game! Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly not a mediocre game. The characters are real characters, the story is deep, engaging and is executed properly. What Uncharted 2's real goal was to bring real cinematic entertainment into a shooter platform, it has surely succeeded in doing so. Uncharted 2 theme is adventurous, the animations lookNaughty Dog does it again--they seem to never make a mediocre game! Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly not a mediocre game. The characters are real characters, the story is deep, engaging and is executed properly. What Uncharted 2's real goal was to bring real cinematic entertainment into a shooter platform, it has surely succeeded in doing so. Uncharted 2 theme is adventurous, the animations look lifelike, the action is intense and the violence is pure. Expand
  91. Jul 27, 2011
    An absolutely incredible game, as if you needed me to explain that. One of the most exciting games ever, with a level of polish hitherto unknown in games, an intriguing story, an incredibly fun mix of gunplay and platforming with stunning set piece moments, Uncharted 2 has raised the bar for gaming.
  92. Nov 20, 2011
    After finishing this game I was trying to find some of the flaws in this game, then I realized, there are none. Games don't get any better this, no matter what you are looking for, good game play, story line, graphics, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has you covered. It will provide approximately 8-10 hours of jaw-droppingly single player action, and hours on end of surprisingly good onlineAfter finishing this game I was trying to find some of the flaws in this game, then I realized, there are none. Games don't get any better this, no matter what you are looking for, good game play, story line, graphics, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has you covered. It will provide approximately 8-10 hours of jaw-droppingly single player action, and hours on end of surprisingly good online multiplayer. Not only is this the best action/adventure games ever, it is also, arguably, the best game of this generation. You don't want to miss out on Nathan Drake's latest amazing adventure, when it comes to games, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my money than on this game. Expand
  93. Aug 8, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is simply one of the best games to come out this generation. I have given this game a perfect 10 because there are little to no faults with the game. The story is fantastic, with fleshed out characters plus great voice acting together with really fun gameplay. All this combined immerses you completely in the game. When I first got the game, I really enjoyed playing online asUncharted 2 is simply one of the best games to come out this generation. I have given this game a perfect 10 because there are little to no faults with the game. The story is fantastic, with fleshed out characters plus great voice acting together with really fun gameplay. All this combined immerses you completely in the game. When I first got the game, I really enjoyed playing online as well although I have moved on since then. I just recently started playing the single player for a second time and I still think it is fantastic (I have completed it 3-4 time already). I am now really looking forward to Uncharted 3, which will have a hard time topping this game...but I have so much faith in Naughty Dog since I am almost certain they will not disappoint. This is a game everybody should have in their collection, without a doubt. Expand
  94. Jan 18, 2013
    I do not like this better than the first game... The guys with the armor/shotguns are annoying as hell. I do not like some of the enemies... I fn hate the levels where you have to platform through that snow cave (lv 18-20 I believe)... When I played through it on crushing, it was a lot harder than the first... I found myself hanging on ledges, waiting for the guys to get close, and pullingI do not like this better than the first game... The guys with the armor/shotguns are annoying as hell. I do not like some of the enemies... I fn hate the levels where you have to platform through that snow cave (lv 18-20 I believe)... When I played through it on crushing, it was a lot harder than the first... I found myself hanging on ledges, waiting for the guys to get close, and pulling them off even after being seen... Other than that, excellent game... Like Zelda on Nintendo, I will buy every future Sony console to play Uncharted... Although this one didn't charm me as much as the first, the cinematics, platforming, and action are equal... Great fn game... Xbox people can eat their hearts out Expand
  95. Aug 25, 2011
    A great story told extremely well, there are even some funny bits. Pretty basic gameplay but still a very fun game. More of the same awesomeness as the first Uncharted.
  96. Nov 6, 2011
    If i would like to comment this game only in one word it will be : AWESOME, this game has everything what great game should have. Great plot, awesome graphic, action... You don`t even have to read anything about this game, just play it!
  97. Oct 31, 2011
    The original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improvedThe original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improved performance and polish. In addition to the already impressive single player campaign the developers decided to add a fully fleshed out multiplayer mode that rivals any of the top competitive multiplayer games on the market. This is gaming at its finest. Expand
  98. Sep 16, 2011
    It's been long time of thinking about rate of this game. But after 100 hours in multiplayer and 40 hours in single mode, i have to give perfect score. There's no other game that i played all 3 times. Did i say something about graphics? No, because there's more important things - thrilling qte's and perfect music.
  99. Nov 13, 2013
    Quite possibly the best PlayStation 3 game to date. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on everything from the original, Drake's Fortune, marrying fun gameplay with impressive cinematic moments.
  100. Oct 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game in 2009 when I first got my Playstation 3 and the minute I started playing I knew it was going to be incredible. The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are perfect and the multiplayer is so much fun. The campaign takes roughly 9-10 hours to complete depending on your skill at it. There is plenty to do like finding the hidden treasures there are 100 to find, the multiplayer which is very fun and there are plenty of game modes to choose from and of course the campaign which has the be the most fun I have ever had of any campaign. This is truly one of the best games I have ever played I recommend it to anyone who enjoys action/adventure games. Expand

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.