• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. EricM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    outstanding game. uses the ps3's potential. outstanding storyline, plot structure, twists, turns. and everything in between.
  2. AndyM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    Incredible, Uncharted 2 is a genre defining and generation defining video game, from the moment you look out over Turkey from a rooftop high above the sprawling coastline you realise this game is seriously something special.
  3. PeteM
    Oct 17, 2009
    Simply brilliant. From graphics to gameplay to story, this is undoubtedly the GOTY. Yes it has some miniscule shortfalls (more could've been done with the stealth, for example) but they don't detract from this incredible experience at all.
  4. FionnF
    Oct 17, 2009
    Best game I have ever played, and that is no exaggeration. This is the first game I can see myself playing time and time again (the campaign that is), apart from the original Uncharted. This came cost me $60, but I'd gladly pay 10 times that for this.
  5. SamuelA
    Oct 17, 2009
    Excellent game, great graphics and enviroment and best story... Should recieve Game of Year, if Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, dont give what is expected.
  6. DillonS
    Oct 17, 2009
    The best game I have ever played. I haven't played a game's campaign so lovingly since Halo: Combat Evolved. No other game even comes close in terms of the campaign. Period.
  7. AndrewP.
    Oct 18, 2009
    This game is more than just a perfect game, its a look into the future, its the vision for the standard of video gaming for next generation. Everything about the game is mind blowing, and presentation is astounding. Forget game of the year, Game of the Decade!
  8. JK
    Oct 18, 2009
    If you like action/adventure games, you will not be disppointed! I loved the first game--one of my all time favorites--and this one just adds to the series greatness. Believe the hype!
  9. RajendraG.
    Oct 18, 2009
    Fantastic game that entertains every second it is played. The balance between shooting, platforming, puzzle solving, and cutscenes is expertly crafted. Very linear, but that is pretty much needed for this type of story driven game.
  10. ZubairL
    Oct 19, 2009
    Absolutely Brilliant! Cinematic, looks great,plays great and keeps you wanting to play and see what happens next. Truly next gen! From now on all games will be judged by Pre Unchartered 2 and Post Unchartred 2, its the new benchmark for sure!
  11. RobertR
    Oct 19, 2009
    Absolutely unreal! A must buy for all PS3 owners, and for those who don't own a PS3, might want to consider picking one up just for this experience.
  12. GabrielM.
    Oct 19, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. And that's only refering to the single player! The multiplayer is fun and addicting. This game just screams polish and perfection. Wonderfully cinematic and action packed. One of the best video games of all time. Why are you still reading this? GO PLAY IT NOW!!!
  13. CruzU
    Oct 20, 2009
    Clearly one of my best single-player experiences ever... Uncharted 2 has brought serious competition for Game of The Year, and possibly one of the greatest, ever. Multiplayer is just another reason why this defines near perfection, in just a third-person shooter!
  14. DawnD
    Oct 21, 2009
    Having played and loved the first game I was afraid to buy into the hype of this game, until I played it. Tighter controls than the first, with fantastic acting and beautiful scenes, this game just topped my favorites list.
  15. ToddP.
    Oct 21, 2009
    This is a must-play for all PS3 owners. All the praise is richly deserved. Engaging story, varied and addicting gameplay, fun multiplayer, and absolutely gorgeous to behold.
  16. JohnF.
    Oct 21, 2009
    No fanboy here -- I own all three consoles plus play on the PC, and this is my favorite game of the current console generation so far. It's not perfect; I give it a 9.75 rounded up to ten for this site -- it has some issues with glitches and freezes that you will notice more and more if you put a lot of time into the game, and it feels at times like it lacks originality. But this No fanboy here -- I own all three consoles plus play on the PC, and this is my favorite game of the current console generation so far. It's not perfect; I give it a 9.75 rounded up to ten for this site -- it has some issues with glitches and freezes that you will notice more and more if you put a lot of time into the game, and it feels at times like it lacks originality. But this game is the real deal. It's not often that a game comes out that almost everyone can agree is great, but this is one of them. The game does everything at a high level, from combat to multiplayer to graphics to voice acting to music. Many people have played through this game only to immediately start over and play it again because they don't want to stop playing. It is the closest thing right now you can get to actually feeling like you are on an Indiana Jones-like adventure right in your own home. If you have an interest in video games, you need to get your hands on this game and play it. It's that simple. Expand
  17. MikeC
    Oct 21, 2009
    It's an amazing game and does almost everything perfect. I played the game for 9 hours straight to beat the single player on hard and then went through it again on crushing the next day. This is truly a title that should not be missed. zgo buy it now and gasp at the jaw dropping graphics, thrilling action sequenses and the addciting online modes full with co-op, competitive, and It's an amazing game and does almost everything perfect. I played the game for 9 hours straight to beat the single player on hard and then went through it again on crushing the next day. This is truly a title that should not be missed. zgo buy it now and gasp at the jaw dropping graphics, thrilling action sequenses and the addciting online modes full with co-op, competitive, and machinama mode to create your own movies. Expand
  18. alibaba
    Oct 21, 2009
    If you're looking for an entertaining ride, look no further! uncharted 2 is probably one of the best games I've played in my 22 years of gaming. i'm tired of hearing people talk about the scoring system and all that nonsense about the game not being perfect. look if a game grabs you, puts a smile on your face and doesn't let you put the controller down then the game If you're looking for an entertaining ride, look no further! uncharted 2 is probably one of the best games I've played in my 22 years of gaming. i'm tired of hearing people talk about the scoring system and all that nonsense about the game not being perfect. look if a game grabs you, puts a smile on your face and doesn't let you put the controller down then the game deserves a 10. I give it a ten even though i found minor glitches and bugs here and there but overall the experience was amazing and that's what should count with games. Expand
  19. RayanG
    Oct 21, 2009
    Outstanding! The best PS3 game I've played. I'm a recent PS3 owner waiting for a reason to buy one. I'm glad I did, because the Slim is great and Uncharted is undoubtly the best game I've played this generation. No, it's not perfect, but it's the closest thing I've seen to a perfect game since Ocarina of Time (no kidding). The Xbox 360 is still my best Outstanding! The best PS3 game I've played. I'm a recent PS3 owner waiting for a reason to buy one. I'm glad I did, because the Slim is great and Uncharted is undoubtly the best game I've played this generation. No, it's not perfect, but it's the closest thing I've seen to a perfect game since Ocarina of Time (no kidding). The Xbox 360 is still my best system overall, but Uncharted obliterates every 360 game. I'm glad I have both systems. Shame on so-called harcoregamers that don't have both systems and have the money to do so. Uncharted is cinematic, the script rivals Indiana Jones and National Treasure, the graphics are the best this generation. The only bad thing is that I cannot play this game with my 360 controller which I believe is superior in feel. Nonetheless Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've played along with Ocarina of Time, GTA, MGS 4, Mario Galaxy, Half-Life 2, GoldenEye, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, Halo, Little Big Planet, Fallout 3 and Wii Sports. Uncharted blasts all of them off the water, with the exception of Zelda (maybe). So yes, its worth the money. Expand
  20. JimR
    Oct 22, 2009
    Definitely a system seller, all four of my non ps3 owning friends who saw me playing this have gone out and brought a ps3 slim, this game is a joy to play and perfect at what it does which is top class adventuring, some bitter fanboys of the other system have labelled it 'duderaider' which is very funny, but it is much more advanced in every respect . I do still love the first Definitely a system seller, all four of my non ps3 owning friends who saw me playing this have gone out and brought a ps3 slim, this game is a joy to play and perfect at what it does which is top class adventuring, some bitter fanboys of the other system have labelled it 'duderaider' which is very funny, but it is much more advanced in every respect . I do still love the first game though and i wish all the efforts had gone into the single player experience. Expand
  21. PeterR
    Oct 22, 2009
    This game is truly amazing. Characters are fleshed out, gun play is on point, platforming is perfect and the story is just magnificent. It's been a while since I've gone through a game multiple times but the single player experience is just that good and the platinum trophy was just icing on the cake. Naughty Dog deserves all the praises it gets because this game is an absolute This game is truly amazing. Characters are fleshed out, gun play is on point, platforming is perfect and the story is just magnificent. It's been a while since I've gone through a game multiple times but the single player experience is just that good and the platinum trophy was just icing on the cake. Naughty Dog deserves all the praises it gets because this game is an absolute stunner, production values through the roof. Expand
  22. CatT
    Oct 22, 2009
    Graphics and story are great. They changed the fighting system. More variation than the first game, beautiful locations, some great (may I say 'epic?') moments. Puzzles were nice and good fights. I loved the voice acting.. simply phenomenal. Awesome co-op and multiplayer. I just have to give it a 10/10, the critics didn't lie, It really is awesome.
  23. RafaelA
    Oct 22, 2009
    This game is beyond great, beyond beautiful. The game has such an awesome story, so "absorving"... And the graphics, are something, that you can't discuss... That truly shows the power of the PS3 over the Xbox 360. For me, i think the Xbox 360 fan boys are cryin' out like BABIES! Simply a great, awesome job that Naughty Dog did... If you see, the Xbox CANT support Uncharted 2, This game is beyond great, beyond beautiful. The game has such an awesome story, so "absorving"... And the graphics, are something, that you can't discuss... That truly shows the power of the PS3 over the Xbox 360. For me, i think the Xbox 360 fan boys are cryin' out like BABIES! Simply a great, awesome job that Naughty Dog did... If you see, the Xbox CANT support Uncharted 2, due the hardware and media disk dont support it. Expand
  24. JoshuA
    Oct 22, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Amongst Thieves made me feel foolish that i gave any other game a 10 before it but I must give a shout out to Gears of War & Tomb Raider for Naughty Dog took lessons from these 2 fantastic Series & created The Best Game Of All Time!! It's Incredible!!!
  25. mattf
    Oct 22, 2009
    This game is by far the best game i have played all year... i didn't want to give it a chance but i'm so happy i did. Level design is beautiful, great mechanics, great story, great action and cinematography. I'm not a huge PS3 fan but this game absolutely blew my mind. There is not one point in the game that is dull. Exciting and fun all the way through. This game is a must buy.
  26. TracieV.
    Oct 23, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about this game is amazing. Beautiful graphics, great characters, great story, great voice acting, etc. Whenever I'm playing the game, I don't want to put the controller down. Whenever I would play my brother, sister, and dad would watch me because they were so interested in the story. (my dad Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about this game is amazing. Beautiful graphics, great characters, great story, great voice acting, etc. Whenever I'm playing the game, I don't want to put the controller down. Whenever I would play my brother, sister, and dad would watch me because they were so interested in the story. (my dad forced me to turn it off because he had to go to work and didn't want to miss any of the storyline). I don't care what anyone else says, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves deserves to be game of the year! Expand
  27. HarsitamoD
    Oct 23, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Among Theives is an extremely good game. Although it has its flaws this is one of the best games I've played and definetly the best Playstation 3 game I have play. Some of the flaws of this game are: bad camera angles (mostly when you are climing), a few unpolished parts like sliding up stairs with the GAU-19 and a bad plot twist at the end, which could have been saved Uncharted 2: Among Theives is an extremely good game. Although it has its flaws this is one of the best games I've played and definetly the best Playstation 3 game I have play. Some of the flaws of this game are: bad camera angles (mostly when you are climing), a few unpolished parts like sliding up stairs with the GAU-19 and a bad plot twist at the end, which could have been saved if it was explained. This easily out weighed by: the exellent graphics, good AIs, perfect voice acting, good platforming sections, large puzzles and great cutscenes which are timed perfectly. I would give this game's single player a ten for its entertaiment value but take a mark off for it's flaws giving it a nine. Uncharted 2's Multiplayer is a great extension to the almost perfect single player part and I would give it a 10 for it is fair (as it pairs you with others around the same level as you) and fun with an epic co-op and very good competitive multiplayer. Even though it is definetly not one of the best multiplayer in the market (Call of Duty 4 takes that position) it is near the top. In conclusion I give Uncharted 2: Among Theives a nine for its single player and a ten for its multiplayer giving it an average of nine and a half, which I round up to then because it was so entertaining! Expand
  28. AndrewK
    Oct 23, 2009
    Best game I've played in a long time, and I don't think its an understatement when people say that this game makes PS3 worth buying. I know the same was said about LittleBigPlanet, which I thought was awesome, but I definitely think Uncharted 2 was a more fun experience. Great replay value with unlockables, treasures and Crushing mode, and you will want to play the story again Best game I've played in a long time, and I don't think its an understatement when people say that this game makes PS3 worth buying. I know the same was said about LittleBigPlanet, which I thought was awesome, but I definitely think Uncharted 2 was a more fun experience. Great replay value with unlockables, treasures and Crushing mode, and you will want to play the story again because it is that sick. The graphics are phenomenal. The last game of this sort I've had this much fun playing was Goldeneye for N64. This may be the best game I've played in years. Expand
  29. CBowen
    Oct 23, 2009
    You saw this coming, completely misunderstood, you hit the books while the now-gen plugged in ÅccessàWiï's and X Jox dropouts flipped the only McPorts in town. Now generation-(ps)X design scene has a collective masters degree and finally dev cake's abound and you might just eat it too. It's not jade this time, but more importantly this game is a MGS4 for You saw this coming, completely misunderstood, you hit the books while the now-gen plugged in ÅccessàWiï's and X Jox dropouts flipped the only McPorts in town. Now generation-(ps)X design scene has a collective masters degree and finally dev cake's abound and you might just eat it too. It's not jade this time, but more importantly this game is a MGS4 for the masses. Chin up next-next#ps3rd-gen UC2 will impregnate any member of the family, yes itll get you too.. Expand
  30. AaronS
    Oct 23, 2009
    This is definnetlly the GOTY. I started it on thursday and finished it on saturday then started it again on sunday and finished it again. I still dont get bored of it. Everything in it is wonderfull and amazing must buy. Well done naughty dog you have certainlly made this my favourite game ever.
  31. AndrewL
    Oct 24, 2009
    Hands down Game of the Year, console-wide. Perfect as a platformer, Perfect as a third-person shooter. If you don't own a PS3 already you're insane, and yet, not having one NOW.. when a Uncharted 2 exists, there's something wrong with you. The graphics are unparalleled and the cheeky humour in the characters' banter is something unique. It's impossible to not love Hands down Game of the Year, console-wide. Perfect as a platformer, Perfect as a third-person shooter. If you don't own a PS3 already you're insane, and yet, not having one NOW.. when a Uncharted 2 exists, there's something wrong with you. The graphics are unparalleled and the cheeky humour in the characters' banter is something unique. It's impossible to not love Drake, I can't think of a more entertaining, likeable and memorable lead role since Guybrush Threepwood. Not to mention once the instantly classic, amazing single player ends, the multiplayer begins. After playing 5 minutes of any random match, you see that it's one of the smoothest, most enjoyable online experience in existence, and surprisingly, living in Australia I can't even play a second of LittleBigPlanet online, and yet, Uncharted 2 runs smooth as a baby's bum, it really is something else! 10/10, 5 stars. Expand
  32. RogerT
    Oct 24, 2009
    Games like this one don't come around very often. It's the best looking game on any platform and I had a lot of fun playing it. You don't need to have played the first one to enjoy this one, but I highly recommend picking it up.
  33. jennifertheterrible
    Oct 24, 2009
    Telling that this game is the best for is generation is a lie. there is not a single game that comes close to this. simply, this is the best. if you have a ps3 then go and buy it. if you don't have a ps3, first get a ps3 and then buy uncharted 2. now I am returning to the game, see you there.
  34. ILoveThisGame
    Oct 24, 2009
    I always go to metacritic for reviews but never have written one. But Uncharted 2 is so awesome that it deserves it. I truly don't think I've enjoyed a game like this in a long time. All the gameplay elements go together. Every little detail is touched upon. I play all the big blockbusters on xbox 360 and ps3 and would say I like a game that is truly exciting for a shorter I always go to metacritic for reviews but never have written one. But Uncharted 2 is so awesome that it deserves it. I truly don't think I've enjoyed a game like this in a long time. All the gameplay elements go together. Every little detail is touched upon. I play all the big blockbusters on xbox 360 and ps3 and would say I like a game that is truly exciting for a shorter amount of time then just average for a long time (looking at you fallout 3). As a busy person I don't have a lot of free time and am truly thankful for a game without extreme time devotions. IMO this is the most perfect game to come out. I'm not saying its all perfect because there is always room to improve but in comparison to every game that has ever come out (at least the ones I've played) its by far the greatest single player experience you can have (multiplayer on uncharted is no MW but its above everage). If you can buy only one system and one game this should be it. I think anyone that doesn't enjoy this game should go to a doctor because you might be depressed! Expand
  35. MirzaA
    Oct 24, 2009
    Ive played Uncharted multiple times and for me that was the game that validated my purchase of the Ps3. My mum sat down and asked me whether i was watching an indiana jones flick because the enviroments looked that good. The graphics blew my mind and the story and soundtrack was just damn PERFECT. Now take all that and imagine it better in every way and u get Uncharted 2. Granted the Ive played Uncharted multiple times and for me that was the game that validated my purchase of the Ps3. My mum sat down and asked me whether i was watching an indiana jones flick because the enviroments looked that good. The graphics blew my mind and the story and soundtrack was just damn PERFECT. Now take all that and imagine it better in every way and u get Uncharted 2. Granted the graphics do NOT make the game. But in this game the Graphics are a kick in the nuts to all the other next gen games proving that a game can indeed have it all and rock a gamers world! Expand
  36. rashads
    Oct 24, 2009
    This game is a rush the entire way through. This is a video game that feels more like an interactive blockbuster movie. My heart was actually pumping hard, never before has a game done that to me almost all the way through the game. Now I'm on multiplayer which is great and will give me an alternative to call of duty when i get bored with it. This is what the ps3 is all about.
  37. JörgT
    Oct 25, 2009
    10 for effort, 10 for execution, 10 for the fun of it all. No, it's not a sandbox game, but man, does it do story well... at least for a videogame. If only we can get away from Indiana Jones in the next big action adventure franchise, that would be even better.
  38. JaimeS
    Oct 25, 2009
    This game is simply extraordinary. I was worried online would not be good because its their first time having multiplayer, but naughty dog nailed it to create a very addictive multiplayer. The offline is great as well. I dont usually play the story lines, but this one i had to play. Cut scenes are not short but also not near as much as MGS4 as some people would claim(maybe because they This game is simply extraordinary. I was worried online would not be good because its their first time having multiplayer, but naughty dog nailed it to create a very addictive multiplayer. The offline is great as well. I dont usually play the story lines, but this one i had to play. Cut scenes are not short but also not near as much as MGS4 as some people would claim(maybe because they haven't played it). Naughty Dog has really stepped it up. For that i will consider their games they will release. Expand
  39. RobO
    Oct 25, 2009
    Clearly one of the best third-person shooter games I've ever played...! Everything from the single-player to the multiplayer is nearly perfect. This is a must buy for all PS3 owners. This game is just so much fun.
  40. CodyB
    Oct 25, 2009
    I just finished this game and it is definitely in my top 3. Possibly my all time favorite game. I will decide that when I play through it again. Graphics, story, gameplay, acting, presentation... they really went all out on this game. So far it is the game of the year. I can't imagine another game coming close to this... and I am a HUGE Modern Warfare fan.
  41. HarveyB
    Oct 26, 2009
    This game is good. not as great as people are making it but still very good. it is like the first Uncharted except the graphics have taken a jump alongside a better story. it mixes the gameplay of gears of war along with the climbing of assassin's creed and tomb raider and then blends it with cinematic perfection of Metal Gear solid 4. this game won't see sales like Halo 3:ODST This game is good. not as great as people are making it but still very good. it is like the first Uncharted except the graphics have taken a jump alongside a better story. it mixes the gameplay of gears of war along with the climbing of assassin's creed and tomb raider and then blends it with cinematic perfection of Metal Gear solid 4. this game won't see sales like Halo 3:ODST which is also a good game but still worth checking out at least until Mdern Warfare 2. rent the game, beat single player and play some multiplayer before MW2. Expand
  42. AlexV.
    Oct 27, 2009
    A Wonderful experience, but was this a game in the classical sense of gaming? The game and story and action will grab you by the balls and only let go on those brief breathing moments. The presentation and voice-acting is the best we have ever seen in gaming history and raises the bar beyond a point many developers will ever reach. But, there is always a but, is this what we want to see A Wonderful experience, but was this a game in the classical sense of gaming? The game and story and action will grab you by the balls and only let go on those brief breathing moments. The presentation and voice-acting is the best we have ever seen in gaming history and raises the bar beyond a point many developers will ever reach. But, there is always a but, is this what we want to see when we imagine us the future of gaming? Straight up linear gameplay with only little choices left to the imagination of the one holding the controller? I'm still not sure. Nevertheless, Uncharted 2 a game that will undoubtedly be thé game of 2009 and every self-respecting gamer should play. A new standard for interactive entertainment has been set. And in my opinion will only be rivalled by the third part of Naughty Dog his golden franchise. An instant classic which raises the debate what gaming is all about. Expand
  43. HowardC
    Oct 27, 2009
    This game is a truly majestic take on gaming! I loved the first game, but this one was jaw droppingly good at everything you could want from a game, gameplay, graphics, voice talents, cutscenes tieing seemlessly into gameplay, combat was so much fun, hauling people of the sides of mountains! Then between all the action stopping to look out at the mountains and scenery that could be real This game is a truly majestic take on gaming! I loved the first game, but this one was jaw droppingly good at everything you could want from a game, gameplay, graphics, voice talents, cutscenes tieing seemlessly into gameplay, combat was so much fun, hauling people of the sides of mountains! Then between all the action stopping to look out at the mountains and scenery that could be real pictures! Terrific action set pieces like no other game I've played! Special mention to how beautiful Nepal looked even when ravaged and the little touches of Nate and the Nepalese villagers interaction were special, not to mention how well the main characters interacted in general! Phew, and that's without the excellent quality multiplayer! Expand
  44. JacobZ.P.
    Oct 27, 2009
    If you love Indiana Jones over the top adventure, good humor, an awesome story with some really fun gameplay, this is a game for you. Make sure you pick up the first one though, because Uncharted: Drake's fortune is almost just as rememerable, but this is a game that friends and families should experience. 10/10
  45. Laszlo
    Oct 28, 2009
    The game is a technical marvel and sets a new standard for action games. However it takes a few hours till it gets really amazing. The Train and convoy levels were the most fun IMO. Overall I prefer more atmospheric games like TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD.
  46. SuperSlasher
    Oct 28, 2009
    Absolutely without a doubet the most awesome game I've ever played, and I've played a alot of games way back to Goldeneye on N64. The atmosphere, graphics, puzzles, adventure, voice-acting, musical score, surprises, storyline, humor, etc., etc., etc. are simply unparalleled on any platform! So rich & delicious it's like French Food. Completely satisfying in every way Absolutely without a doubet the most awesome game I've ever played, and I've played a alot of games way back to Goldeneye on N64. The atmosphere, graphics, puzzles, adventure, voice-acting, musical score, surprises, storyline, humor, etc., etc., etc. are simply unparalleled on any platform! So rich & delicious it's like French Food. Completely satisfying in every way imaginable. Shall I tell you how I REALLY feel? Haha Expand
  47. TroyR.
    Oct 28, 2009
    Fantastic game. Believe the hype. What keeps this from being a '10' is that I only wished the cover/roll system was a [i]little[/i] better. When I was moving Drake deliberately, the cover system was smooth and awesome. When I had to creative with them in an intense firefight, I often died (especially on Crushing difficulty). Still, it's a reach to even point that out as a Fantastic game. Believe the hype. What keeps this from being a '10' is that I only wished the cover/roll system was a [i]little[/i] better. When I was moving Drake deliberately, the cover system was smooth and awesome. When I had to creative with them in an intense firefight, I often died (especially on Crushing difficulty). Still, it's a reach to even point that out as a flaw in an otherwise pitch-perfect gaming experience. Collapse
  48. KevinC
    Oct 28, 2009
    One of the best games available on the PS3 and probably across all consoles and platforms in this generation. The single player is given alot of emphasis even though there is multiplayer included, which is very rare in games today as developers just toss away the storyline all together sometimes. The graphics are mindblowing, that word pretty much sums it up. Although there are minor One of the best games available on the PS3 and probably across all consoles and platforms in this generation. The single player is given alot of emphasis even though there is multiplayer included, which is very rare in games today as developers just toss away the storyline all together sometimes. The graphics are mindblowing, that word pretty much sums it up. Although there are minor quibbles like clouds not moving and things like that, overall the graphical presentation is astounding. The sound effects and voice acting are top notch and basically what all other critics say, movie-like. The cast is very likeable and memorable that even if someone who never played uncharted 1 will catch on. The gameplay is silky smooth compared to a lot of other third person action adventure games and the replayability is great with the coop and competitive multiplayer, though a few more maps/ levels and options would greatly improve the feature. Overall if you have a Playstation 3, get this game! Expand
  49. AlekseyC
    Oct 28, 2009
    greatest game since uncharted 1 across all platforms. Rapes gears any day. The story is amazing the 3rd person shoosting is amazing. Beat it twice and got the platinum throphy within 2 weeks. I don't go for platinums unless I like a game and uncharted is the only series ive ever beaten more than once. It'll blow your mind.
  50. DraganaK
    Oct 29, 2009
    Absolutely fantastic game. The story, gameplay, graphics, sound, level design, controls, and multi-player options are all top notch. You're really doing yourself a great disservice as a gamer if you do not at least try out this game.
  51. Viorel800022
    Oct 29, 2009
    It
  52. CranstonB.
    Oct 30, 2009
    What is up with the PS3 lately. It's really coming out with top notch games. I own both and have not bought a game for the 360 in 10 months. Uncharted 2 has got to be the best, most polished game I have ever played. I can't remember the last time I wanted to start a game over the minute I finished it. That's exactly what I did with Uncharted 2. People. NOW is the time to What is up with the PS3 lately. It's really coming out with top notch games. I own both and have not bought a game for the 360 in 10 months. Uncharted 2 has got to be the best, most polished game I have ever played. I can't remember the last time I wanted to start a game over the minute I finished it. That's exactly what I did with Uncharted 2. People. NOW is the time to buy a PS3. Infamous, Demon Souls, Uncharted series, Killzone, God of War. Sheesh. How could you NOT want one??? Expand
  53. MichaelH.
    Oct 30, 2009
    That's actually a 9.5 but since i can't put it ill stick with 10. This game is mind-blowing in every way; the graphics, storytelling, the characters it just gets about everything right, but it's not perfect because no game so far can be perfect; yet. I fully recommend this game and also recommend that you keep a close eye on Naughty Dog.
  54. BrianB
    Oct 30, 2009
    Probably the best game ever made! No other game comes even remotly close to this, exept maybe drakes fortune. Everything about this game is top noch. Even the multiplayer is fun and i dont like playing online games! This is what all games should strive for in terms of quality. Naughty Dog is the best !
  55. RyanS
    Oct 30, 2009
    This is a great game, but don't let anyone fool you, It is NOT the best game of all time (or generation even)... The Single-player experience if great, but for an adventure game, is pretty linear. It is pretty lengthy, but the scenarios seem kind of blended together (you have at least one teamate leading you around for most of the game). The multiplayer is unique, with the perk This is a great game, but don't let anyone fool you, It is NOT the best game of all time (or generation even)... The Single-player experience if great, but for an adventure game, is pretty linear. It is pretty lengthy, but the scenarios seem kind of blended together (you have at least one teamate leading you around for most of the game). The multiplayer is unique, with the perk system, to the gunplay. My biggest gripe is the inconsistancy and how the maps fail to utilize height advantage. Certainly a must have for PS3 owners, who have to be itching for a game to play lately... But doesn't come close to the metascore champion of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Solid game, but doesn't deserve a 97 metascore... Expand
  56. ColeP
    Oct 31, 2009
    Incredible game: awesome story, amazing characters, great humor, unprecedented graphics, and a multiplayer experience that has a non-mulitplayer guy excited to keep playing it! Everyone should give this game a try!
  57. sasanJ
    Oct 31, 2009
    The best game I've played on PS3 after MGS 4.Everything about this game is great.Animations are the best you've ever seen in a video game.Water effect is even better than the first game.Cutscenes are really part of the game and there are no borders betweean gameplay sequences and cutscenes.The only problem with gameplay is that platformer sections are linear but still better The best game I've played on PS3 after MGS 4.Everything about this game is great.Animations are the best you've ever seen in a video game.Water effect is even better than the first game.Cutscenes are really part of the game and there are no borders betweean gameplay sequences and cutscenes.The only problem with gameplay is that platformer sections are linear but still better than first game. Well my score is 9.8 but you guys in metacritic don't have it!So lets say 10!Enjoy it Naughty Dog!!!I'm waiting for Uncharted 3 Expand
  58. JoubertN
    Oct 31, 2009
    Gorgeous cinematic experience, nail biting moments; there's not as scary a moment as in Uncharted 1, where the zombies attack in the dark (or maybe it is just because I played it at night). Best game I've played.
  59. DavidD.
    Oct 31, 2009
    This game is Great! But what amazes me is how many people say that there are a lot of things wrong with the game but still give it a 10. A ten is reserved for the most perfect games. This is not a perfect game. You have to separate enjoyment and perfection. Uncharted 2 is a very very enjoyable game. The pro's are the real time rendering and just awesome graphics. Amazing acting. This game is Great! But what amazes me is how many people say that there are a lot of things wrong with the game but still give it a 10. A ten is reserved for the most perfect games. This is not a perfect game. You have to separate enjoyment and perfection. Uncharted 2 is a very very enjoyable game. The pro's are the real time rendering and just awesome graphics. Amazing acting. Loved all the cut scenes and interaction between the characters. That includes all the in game interaction. But as some have said, this game seemed like it borrowed a lot from other games. Personally I think it was borrowing a ton from the last couple of Tomb Raider games. Right down to the whole Tibet level. I know a lot of people wont like me saying this but I think many people wont give credit to what the last tomb raider did. The story in this game was average. By comparison, Tomb Raiders story carried over from Legend to Underworld was a lot more entertaining. I also thought the controls should have been a bit more precise and tight. Please don't take all of the negative by me and think I did not like the game. I loved the game and I am going to go get the first Uncharted. I am just pointing out things that are rarely mentioned by anyone. Expand
  60. vineetb
    Nov 1, 2009
    stellar graphics, superb gameplay, & brilliant characters.uc2 is realy one hell of a game. all my kudos to the devlopers
  61. mobius
    Nov 1, 2009
    great story. belivable charactors, great set peices, i own a xbox 360 aswell as a ps3 slim and i pity my 360 buddys for not being able to play such a fantastic game. just a note to my 360 buddys who think the xbox has its own exclusives, think again as those 360 exclusives all appear on the PC, i should know as i have a gaming PC, the thing that the PC and the xbox cant do is play great story. belivable charactors, great set peices, i own a xbox 360 aswell as a ps3 slim and i pity my 360 buddys for not being able to play such a fantastic game. just a note to my 360 buddys who think the xbox has its own exclusives, think again as those 360 exclusives all appear on the PC, i should know as i have a gaming PC, the thing that the PC and the xbox cant do is play exclusive titles that you find on the PS3. infact has the 360 and the PC play the same games im gonna trade in my 360 and just keep the PS3 and PC. Expand
  62. NickG
    Nov 2, 2009
    Excellent.Haven't been this impressed since MGS4.This game is inarguably the best out this year.An extreme "miss-out" for Xbox users.
  63. JohnA
    Nov 3, 2009
    There are simply games that deserve a 10. Uncharted 2, GTA IV, Gears of War 1 & 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Orange Box, Bioshock, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Whether innovative or not these games are incredibly fun. Some may say that GTA IV and Gears of War 2 are "more of the same", and even if that is that case they improve on a fantastic formula. We can thank Uncharted and Gears of War for There are simply games that deserve a 10. Uncharted 2, GTA IV, Gears of War 1 & 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Orange Box, Bioshock, and Metal Gear Solid 4. Whether innovative or not these games are incredibly fun. Some may say that GTA IV and Gears of War 2 are "more of the same", and even if that is that case they improve on a fantastic formula. We can thank Uncharted and Gears of War for giving us a little bit of variety amongst our normal shooters. Quite honestly every game shouldn't be a Halo or a Killzone (which is way over-rated still). We can find problems with the above mentioned games but they are rather petty given the quality that is provided in those games. Uncharted 2 isn't the most innovated game, but it hits everything right. The platforming is impressive and smooth as is the shooter aspects. What makes Uncharted 2 better than it's predecessor is simply level design (and online). The level design is astounding and creates for awesome scenarios. Is the story great? No. Are there excessive cliches? Yes. However, I have always felt that stories in games at their best would make a pretty average movie storyline and an absolutely terrible book storyline. If you got a PS3 you need Uncharted 2. Expand
  64. KennyB
    Nov 4, 2009
    Amazing game that should get a 10 but is let down becasue it is way to short !
  65. EdC.
    Nov 5, 2009
    I've noticed that whoever liked the 1st one did not like the 2nd one as much. I actually lik the 1st one more too, as for some reason the atmosphere and gameplay just felt better. But I still give the this sequel a 10 because of the amazing graphics and multiplayer + coop features which the 1st one lacked. Whoever gave this sequel a 0 are out of their minds. We know you're just I've noticed that whoever liked the 1st one did not like the 2nd one as much. I actually lik the 1st one more too, as for some reason the atmosphere and gameplay just felt better. But I still give the this sequel a 10 because of the amazing graphics and multiplayer + coop features which the 1st one lacked. Whoever gave this sequel a 0 are out of their minds. We know you're just trying to drag the score down. Expand
  66. JarrodS
    Nov 5, 2009
    Unbelievable game. It's been a long time since any game (including Mario Galaxy) matched the level of this. The voice acting,the animation,the graphics,the gameplay,the stealth elements. Simply an amazing 10/10 title.
  67. RickL
    Nov 6, 2009
    Absolutely an amazing experience, words can't do this title justice. All I can say is: go out there, buy this game and PLAY
  68. MarinaM.
    Nov 6, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that the platforming is too linear, but other than that, Uncharted 2 is THE GAME of 2009. Do yourself a favor and buy this game NOW. Don't wait till the price drops; seriously, it's that good. On a side note, for those who haven't played the first one, I recommend playing that first though if you just want to skip to the sequel Absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that the platforming is too linear, but other than that, Uncharted 2 is THE GAME of 2009. Do yourself a favor and buy this game NOW. Don't wait till the price drops; seriously, it's that good. On a side note, for those who haven't played the first one, I recommend playing that first though if you just want to skip to the sequel everything still makes sense, you just miss out on a few jokes. Expand
  69. WilliamB
    Nov 7, 2009
    Graphics are great, storyline is solid, but overall not that fun to play and the online it a real let down. Final boss battle is an improvement over the originals, but still needs to be less linear and more exciting.
  70. anonymous
    Nov 7, 2009
    This game is perfect. Story, gameplay, balance, graphics.. To the point I'm feeling sad because of completing it :) An absolute must have for anyone even remotely into gaming (on any platform). Don't miss this gem
  71. PeterP
    Nov 7, 2009
    Unbelievable. I never thought I could play a game that captured my attention like Metal Gear Solid 4 did, and this one really did it.
  72. JoshB
    Nov 8, 2009
    The best game this console generation. A definitive experience which dwarfs the brilliant Killzone 2 and the superb Call of Duty 4. The action is intense and difficult, but gripping and fun as well. The single player is the best I have ever played, and mulitplayer, whilst lacking the depth of Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and others, remains as the most balanced experience to The best game this console generation. A definitive experience which dwarfs the brilliant Killzone 2 and the superb Call of Duty 4. The action is intense and difficult, but gripping and fun as well. The single player is the best I have ever played, and mulitplayer, whilst lacking the depth of Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and others, remains as the most balanced experience to date, with variety in gameplay styles, great maps, numerous 'boosters', characters to play as, and people will be playing this for a very long time. A landmark achievement, anybody who doesn't own this game is missing out. Buy buy buy! Expand
  73. Chasyboy
    Nov 9, 2009
    Uncharted 2 starts off brilliant, very well done, great suspence, unexpected surprises around most corners, story is better than the original, which was also good. Straight into the action brilliant!! the way it should be. The enemies AI was much better than Killszone 2, which is one of the best around, the various enemies coming at you at the same time was awesome at times am sure Uncharted 2 starts off brilliant, very well done, great suspence, unexpected surprises around most corners, story is better than the original, which was also good. Straight into the action brilliant!! the way it should be. The enemies AI was much better than Killszone 2, which is one of the best around, the various enemies coming at you at the same time was awesome at times am sure you'll agree. I really enjoyed that side to this game. Headshot practice on a moving enemy is very hard, but such is what makes it a great game. On the other hand, what I thought was not so good was the yeti's who jumped around and never seemed to feel any the headshots I pumped into them, just smacking me around alot. The first game also had a crazy bit in it with alien type characters too which was strange and frustrating. The gunfights were tremendous at times, as were the train levels, with attacking helicoptors and bad guys everywhere. The chase scene up the mountains revealed some tremendous crashes and explosions. I sometimes was stalling just to take in the views lol. I, like most waited for this game for a long time and was mostly impressed by everything except until I was being chased around, the controls were harder to control, sometimes I was dying after jumping the wrong way to what I wanted Drake to jump? Was it just me or was it the same for you? The high mountain graphics were totally awesome, although better control of Drake during intense chase and fight scenes would be better than running into walls and unable to move, which happened to me on a couple of occassions. I would have given it a 10 if the close control of the character was more like Lara Croft games. Can't wait for the next instalment though if its anything like this, until then, see you online.... Expand
  74. JamesA.
    Nov 9, 2009
    Up there with Resident Evil 4, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy 7 as one of the greatest games i ever played.
  75. spyrewolf
    Nov 9, 2009
    this game was truly amazing, it really shows what the ps3 is capable of and naughty dog knocked this out of the park, every aspect of the game was flawless, not only is it beautiful to look at but the voice acting, story and pacing are tight! great game!
  76. JACKL
    Nov 10, 2009
    Absolutley the best! won't put the controller down it is orgasmic! buy buy buy this game if you don't own it, best graphics, gameplay, and best story since Zelda! Orgasmic!
  77. AdamF
    Nov 10, 2009
    Initially renting this game, days after release, I was stunned. Never before had a game been so successful in immersing me into the story line than Uncharted 2. Building off of a great cast from Drake's Fortune, the actors are all back, with some new faces too. Going head first into the story mode is the best decision for you in this game, for you will experience much from beginning Initially renting this game, days after release, I was stunned. Never before had a game been so successful in immersing me into the story line than Uncharted 2. Building off of a great cast from Drake's Fortune, the actors are all back, with some new faces too. Going head first into the story mode is the best decision for you in this game, for you will experience much from beginning to end. I actually found myself playing this game three times through to find all the collectibles, and achieving all awards to gain money for cheats. Once you feel the story mode loses it's thrill, you won't be unsatisfied with the highly addictive online modes. Variants of popular shooter matches, like death match, capture the flag, or elimination will keep you busy for months to come. The co-op is also a blast to play, but although it only sticks to three missions, they stick to the story very well. Along with a store to purchase goods like costumes, perks, and co-op weapon upgrades, which add a very deep feel to the online. So all-in-all, the shooting is great, the graphics are great, the acting is great, and everything else is great. This game raises the bar in so many ways, and it never ceases to surprise. Expand
  78. AgnerS
    Nov 10, 2009
    One of the best games I've ever played and easily one of the top games of this generation. The story, graphics, and gameplay while not flawless are still the best to date on any console. Looking forward to the next uncharted and whatever else the industry has for us over the next few years. Multiple player is also great and I hope ND keeps supporting it for many months to come. A One of the best games I've ever played and easily one of the top games of this generation. The story, graphics, and gameplay while not flawless are still the best to date on any console. Looking forward to the next uncharted and whatever else the industry has for us over the next few years. Multiple player is also great and I hope ND keeps supporting it for many months to come. A must have title in anyone's library. Expand
  79. ReeceL
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game is amazing, what more can be said. Superb graphics, gameplay, and a mindblowing story and musical score.
  80. DannyM
    Nov 11, 2009
    absolutely awesome, the game of the decade. scratch that, its the best game of all time!! its an essential purchase, its the best game you will ever play, trust me, its got everything, get it!!
  81. nm
    Nov 11, 2009
    Great game, not much to say but ain't feeling to well so don't really have the patience to do a full review but this game is great...
  82. EliJ.
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ha, greatest 3rd person shooter since resident evil 4, and the greatest story line since bioshock. You can definitely tell that xbox fanboys just commented on this game and gave it a zero without even playing it. Cant let anything ps3 be any good can you xbox humpers? ha its just too funny. Honestly, if its a good game give it a good score. Jesus its like you guys are 5 years old. Ha, greatest 3rd person shooter since resident evil 4, and the greatest story line since bioshock. You can definitely tell that xbox fanboys just commented on this game and gave it a zero without even playing it. Cant let anything ps3 be any good can you xbox humpers? ha its just too funny. Honestly, if its a good game give it a good score. Jesus its like you guys are 5 years old. Uncharted 2 blew my mind and splattered it all over my Ps3. Expand
  83. DanielSG-17
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is hands down the best game that I have ever played in my entire life! Even better than Super Mario Bros 3!
  84. MattL
    Nov 11, 2009
    Greatest game ever to be created. Simple as that. I mean come on, who doesnt secretly have a crush on Nathan Drake? Its like the ultimate Indiana Jones film (Raiders) mixed with Gears of War gunplay and Tomb Raider esque platforming and styling. The story is the greatest you'll ever come across, and the motion capturing and voice acting make every scene look like a movie, except this Greatest game ever to be created. Simple as that. I mean come on, who doesnt secretly have a crush on Nathan Drake? Its like the ultimate Indiana Jones film (Raiders) mixed with Gears of War gunplay and Tomb Raider esque platforming and styling. The story is the greatest you'll ever come across, and the motion capturing and voice acting make every scene look like a movie, except this is a movie you will constantly want to watch. Expand
  85. daniellopez
    Nov 12, 2009
    A MASTERPICE wow just wow cannot miss this game if u are a true gamer GET IT just GET IT it wont dissapoint nd u are amazing devs cannot thank u enough for this not since re4 have i been so engrossed in a game
  86. Maxj
    Nov 12, 2009
    AWESOME! best game of this generation. graphics,gameplay,story,level design, multiplayer, are all perfect!Naughty dog has set the bar very very higher among the other developers.GOTY 2009.
  87. rockyRoger
    Nov 12, 2009
    perfect game,perfect gameplay. grafically gorgeous.level design top notch. best game of this generation.
  88. AndrewC
    Nov 12, 2009
    First off Graphics: The best of this console generation. Only Arma 2 and Crysis can compare with this wonderful work of art! The story is off blockbuster movie quality and is genuinely a laugh from start to finish, it is absolutely breathtaking. I completed the game and then guess what I did? Yep that's right, started all over again. The multiplayer ain't half bad either ;)
  89. MattB
    Nov 13, 2009
    This game is incredible. I honestly felt like I sat down and watched a ten hour long movie that I was immersed in. The graphics are amazing, rivaling the best, and the plot and gameplay just blew me out of the water. It has multiplayer, too! What more could you want? This is the best game I have ever played, flat out.
  90. codenamezero
    Nov 13, 2009
    Solid game play and great story telling. I enjoy the multiplayer mode a lot especially the co-op, however i gave it a 9 because some part of the game aren't right, such as falling through world and getting stuck around the obstacles...
  91. steveh
    Nov 13, 2009
    Best game i've ever played. Cod mw2 doesn't even compare to UC2 . Should run away with GoTY but it won't, becuase there are too many fanboys out there.
  92. AnthonyG
    Nov 14, 2009
    I have to give this game a 10. It reallly deserves it just with its single player. It did'nt need multiplayer but it's there and its fun too. If you have a PS3 BUY THIS GAME!
  93. GeraldO
    Nov 14, 2009
    This is the best game ever made. Period. Plain and simple. Hands down. Okay... or a least close to it... ONE OF the best. Game of the Year without a doubt. Nothing released this year on any console can compare. The cinematic elements are what everybody's raving about, and they are right to rave, but the best part is the fact that Naughty Dog has incorporated so many different genres This is the best game ever made. Period. Plain and simple. Hands down. Okay... or a least close to it... ONE OF the best. Game of the Year without a doubt. Nothing released this year on any console can compare. The cinematic elements are what everybody's raving about, and they are right to rave, but the best part is the fact that Naughty Dog has incorporated so many different genres into an Adventure game. Uncharted 2 is an action-packed adventure game with platforming, puzzle solving, and third person shooter aspects rolled into one. It's fun, addictive, the multiplayer is awesome, and the story is amazing. Buy it... now. Expand
  94. AndrewB
    Nov 14, 2009
    Naughty Dog are one of those companies that seem to make an great game everytime, and this time, even they have a truely outdone themself. Uncharted 2 is a game that beats the previous game in everyway imagineable. The single player is amazingly done and filled with memorable moments, they didn't even have to include the multiplayer, but man, I'm glad they did. Just like the Naughty Dog are one of those companies that seem to make an great game everytime, and this time, even they have a truely outdone themself. Uncharted 2 is a game that beats the previous game in everyway imagineable. The single player is amazingly done and filled with memorable moments, they didn't even have to include the multiplayer, but man, I'm glad they did. Just like the single player, it's filled with death defying gameplay and very enjoyable to play. As an overall package it's near perfection, easily Game of the Year and possibly one of the best games ever made. 96% Expand
  95. JoeD
    Nov 15, 2009
    This game is amazing in every way. Nonstop action, excellent plot, amazing cutscenes, and mind blowing graphics. This game deserves a 10/10. This is definitely the best game this generation.
  96. EdUARDOF
    Graphics: 10 Story: 95 Gameplay: 95 Overall: 10
  97. TomA.
    Nov 15, 2009
    Very good addition to the ps3's library, but somewhat overhyped. I give the graphics a 10, the audio a 10, and the gameplay a 9, only because it can get frustrating at times, and there are too many annoying bugs. But overall a great game and a must buy for any ps3 owner.
  98. BoS
    Nov 17, 2009
    Absolutely the best game I have ever played and cannot put down. So refreshing feels like a new genre, in my opinion this game truly kicked off this generation. If you thought the first was good, you have no idea. Mad props to naughty dog! Hope to see a number 3 but wow I cant see how they can improve at all, one love....
  99. DominikJ
    Nov 17, 2009
    A well- polished set of mechanics, a cinematic thrill ride, and a surprisingly good multiplayer and coop feature make this a package that all PS3 users should try
  100. ThomasO.
    Nov 19, 2009
    Without a doubt, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is THE BEST GAME AVAILABLE on the PS3. Sony and Naughty Dog have easily made the best game of this current generation for now. U2: AT's awesomeness will be talked about for years to come. If you own a PS3, get this game. Don't own a PS3, BUY ONE TO PLAY IT!!!

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.