• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jun 13, 2012
    This game got me into Uncharted... I played it through, and the second I touched the multiplayer I FELT why this game is so great compared to others... THE gameplay mechanics are simply unmached!
    The Singleplayer is more than a blockbuster and should be played by EVERY gamer in this world! (or other world!)
  2. Jun 16, 2012
    From start to finish, I could not put this game down. The story is very engaging. The voice acting is incredible. The sound effects and music are awesome. And the graphics are simply beautiful. I highly recommend this game to anyone that likes the Action/Adventure genre.
  3. Jun 27, 2012
    Best game i've ever played.. Single player is sooo good. the co-op mode online is really fun to play with friends as well. I can't Imagine games will look much better than this game does
  4. Jun 30, 2012
    Amazing. Great gameplay, a fantastic storyline, a compelling narritive with great characters and a fun multiplayer.
    This game builds on the foundations left by the first game and improves it by a mile creating one of the best games ever made in my opinion as once I started playing it I couldn't stop as it was very fun.
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it has the best single player campaign ever in a game.
    The multiplayer is great with great map designs and great game modes like elimination, team deathmatch, capture the flag etc. and is very fun but I feel they could have added more custimization of guns and characters other than designing a clan logo. but otherwise is a great multiplayer experience.
    A Must have for any PS3 owner & if you don't have a PS3 get one for this game. 10/10
  5. Jul 6, 2012
    Just fantastic. Its so fresh, and its a tale thats just awesome with brilliant writing and stellar gameplay. Everything about it is a step up from the previous game, and its just awesome. If you dont have a PS3, buy it for this game if any.
  6. Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't know anything about the game before I played it - which just goes to show how surprised I was when I realized I couldn't put down the controller. Not only is this game beautiful graphically, but it also includes many challenges and is great in terms of educational values. A masterpiece.
  7. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best uncharted game so far. Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! No video game has ever done a better job of capturing the style and rhythm of the movies.
  8. Jul 21, 2012
    Didn't think I would enjoy the game but it was fantastic. One of the best single-player modes I have ever played. I wouldn't even hesitate to say that it is better than any sports game I play and I am a sports fanatic. Fantastic stuff.
  9. Jul 29, 2012
    By far the best PS3 game yet to date in this generation and Naughty dog's best game they made during their development time.

Story- Nathan Drake returns this time dealing with Marco Polo's journey on what happened during Marco Polo's expedition, eventually it leads to Nathan drake finding an artifact that leads to places he never seen before in his life. Along side Drake is Elena and sullivan returning though sully doesn't appear as much as he used to in the 1st game and Chloe Fraizer gets introduced as a protagonist with drake to help him get to the treasure first before the antagonist finds him.

Graphics- OMG i would never believed that Naughty Dog is this good in detailing this awesome game by making it look like its a movie compared to a game but its outstanding in being well toned for its texture and designing on the levels so IT gets me 5 thumbs up or stars.

Gameplay-By far the most exceeding game after the original game and improves easily. By aiming your gun in a direction you want you can tap the grenade button and throw it at a distance. puzzle which appeared in uncharted 1 mostly don't show alot in this game alot but are enjoyable to play.Combat is much easier to pull off and show slow motion which is awesome to see your guy just kill a soldier in style. Stealth is much easier to do unlike uncharted 1 in which all you do is snap a guys neck which isn't much but uncharted 2 depending on where you are can be described awesome stealth kills and be easy on pulling off.

Multiplayer- This is the first that naughty dog has managed to pull an online sever for their shooting games since Jak X combat racing which was considered a racing game similar to twisted metal, they only pull off basic multiplayer modes to make the players feel enjoyed with no customizations to guns similar to the COD series but boosters is what help players feel enjoyed to no end. Basic Team deathmatch, plunder, elmination, KOTH, turf war, chain reaction feels superior but the problem with the online is if somebody were to drop it due to connection issues or B.S. online can make the game not feel playable at all. Another problem was the patch after 1.04 naughty dog released that has changed the game completely now its basically respawns being stupid and a booster called "Situational Awareness" because everyones so scared of being shot at as soon as they respawn and troll the opposing team on where they were going to spawn next after they died which basically the game was not good as it used to be.

Co-op- In adventure of it theres couple of stages you do to complete serveral objective they have to do. Arena has number of rounds you do but only in 1 objective you have to play compared to uncharted 3 with different variety. But another problem is if people drop from connection issues or other stuff it immediatley end the game completely and you get thrown back into the main menu of the online.

Overall- In my opinion and still to this day that Uncharted 2 was the top overrated dog of this generation and always will be for having at least an epic story like movie and traditional multiplayer that rocks and though it may have problems still i'll considered it giving uncharted 2 a perfect 10 for a masterpiece of a game that will live up to its name. Haters can hate but Uncharted 2 still one of the kings of PS3.
  10. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is really awesome. The graphics are really beautiful. The characters and the story are really very good. The game really pass that adventure feeling. Who said that this game is bad is because don't even played, or are just fanboys trying to express his sadness cause can't play the game.
  11. Aug 7, 2012
    This is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to beThis is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to be one of the best video games that I've ever played in 25+ years of actually playing video games. Expand
  12. Oct 20, 2012
    Uncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have aUncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have a PS3 you have no excuse to not have this. This is an easy 10/10. Expand
  13. May 2, 2014
    Save yourself some cash and watch an Indiana Jones movie while holding a controller. Any one of them will do, even that turd with Shia LeBeouf. You will get better story, characters and gameplay. Plus you'll save yourself about 10 hours you can sink into something more fun, like staring at a wall. If it's on VHS Uncharted may have it in the graphics department, but that is about it.
  14. Jan 30, 2013
    Graphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over ratedGraphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over rated game. Someone has paid off reviewers and why not? sales of the ps3 will the rise. The gameplay in this game was attroutious, from the button mashing melee to the assasins creed, prince of persia like platforming and the third person shooting.....dont get me started. I couldnt hit a thing the game just didnt not flow. Nothing makes me want to put this game back in that ps3, i cannot believe how this game is the appitamy of PS3. Shame, both the PS3 and Uncharted are now on ebay. Ill stick with Halo, Alan wake and gears of war 3 as my xbox 360 exclusives thank you very much, Expand
  15. Feb 8, 2013
    If you play this game, it's like watching a movie! I never felt like that about any game before in my life. I played this on the PS3 and loved this epic campaign(and good voice acting,too).
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway,To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway, mean absolutely nothing. The story was only there to lead you from Pretty Colours A to Pretty Colours B, and those Colours go bland after even half an hour, if you're masochistic enough to go through that horribly broken stealth section. In short, I don't recommend it to anyone in particular, not to cinephiles and certainly not to gamers.
    A.B.
  17. May 1, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play muchUncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play much multiplayer but it is pretty good and worth some time. Overall one of the best games you can get Expand
  18. Jun 4, 2013
    Este jogo totalmente incrível!! Gráficos, história, cenas cortadas e jogo estão fora dos roqueiros Eu não podia esperar mais para a terceira edição da série de Drake lendária. Sério, comprar ps3 apenas para jogar este jogo alucinante
  19. Jun 24, 2013
    There's no game that is a perfect 10/10, but damn does Uncharted 2 come close. I was slowly fading away from gaming as I began focusing more time on studies in college, but I bought this game after testing the multiplayer beta and I just fell in love. It is the best game I have ever played. Not perfect, but I was just in awe the whole time. Voice acting is top notch, and will make youThere's no game that is a perfect 10/10, but damn does Uncharted 2 come close. I was slowly fading away from gaming as I began focusing more time on studies in college, but I bought this game after testing the multiplayer beta and I just fell in love. It is the best game I have ever played. Not perfect, but I was just in awe the whole time. Voice acting is top notch, and will make you connect with the characters right away. The chemistry with all the voice actors is just not seen in todays gaming. It borders that of film. Graphics will shock you at how beautifully realistic they are while still maintaining their vibrant gaming look. Gameplay is solid as well. Nothing ground breaking, but they took everything and did it with near perfection. The story will keep you intrigued until the end. It stands up with the best action movies you can find while taking the serious nature of it and lightening the mood with well placed humor. Overall, the best game I've ever played, and will be for awhile to come. Expand
  20. Jun 29, 2013
    Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.

Yet with all the reviews going on for uncharted I decided to give the second a shot and it was the same thing in a different world. Dare I say that the combat ruins the game making it unplayable. Sure you could argue that I'm just a bad player but here is the deal, its not fun.

While the adventure part in its own right ranks much higher please stop trying to force me into firefights where I sit at one bunker and pop out of cover to shoot. This is enjoyable in Gears of War but this game just doesn't do it well.
  21. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and as such I had to buy this game. Even better than the first one, and something that I have, and will be, returning to several times. A great game and great story. However, it is a bit like the first one, which is good as well as bad. Anyway, great game and a real classic!!!
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    After First Uncharted everybody thinks it can't be better game, but they were wrong. Uncharted 2 is the best game ever next to The Last Of Us. I love this game.
  23. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best game in my opinion everything in this game is perfect the story, the gun fights, the adventure, the graphics, the cut scenes feel like a movie and on crushing the game can be very challenging too
  24. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 does a great homage for the most popular action-adventure films out there like the Indiana Jones movies. The cinematics are very well done, with tons of detail on the graphics, great music score (especially the Main Theme) and great characters that made up this game. Unlike The Last of Us, where the pace is extremely slow, this game has a ton of action, involving shooting, fist fights and parkour, all blended in with explosions and funny humor, including some puzzle solving. Unfortunately, there are some things that break immersion: it seems more plot driven than character driven, as I felt that there was almost no moment where I feel a connection with the characters, not even Nathan Drake himself. There are moments in the story that made no sense, and Chloe Frazer, Nathan´s new girlfriend, was highly unlikable, because even though I don´t have problem with people who are just themselves, she has an unstable change of personality: she´s good, she´s bad, she´s good, she´s bad, for no apparent reason! Also, in the gameplay, there´s an excessive amount of enemies, and I find it illogical: it seemed that Lazaravich, the antagonist, who is considered to be a major criminal who kills, mutilates and disrupts innocent people, had the entire Russian Army with him. And while the shooting mechanics gets the job done, the melee combat was highly ineffective, as Nathan is somewhat slow to land a single hit. But the biggest flaw is the fact that Nathan kills a thousand enemies like some sort of killing machine, and that may detract the player from the experience. And where the hell is Victor Sullivan?! I think he was the funniest of all the characters here, with the most awesome voice so far, and he doesn´t appear a lot in the game! For the rest of the game, I enjoyed it a lot, especially the boarding train sequence, as it shows a great example of how Naughty Dog handles its technology for epicness. The multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I played a lot of competitive matches. Now, even with the excessive waves and waves of enemies, I found it to be a decent experience overall. Expand
  25. Jul 11, 2014
    This game was really very poor compared to Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 - which were great. The locations in this game are dull and boring, and the story is poorly written, probably because Sully is more or less not in the game.
    The free-running really sucks in this particular game, and combat is very unrealistic.
  26. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's third masterpiece. It's set pieces are even better than the last installment, the performances are strong, the graphics are beautiful, and the story is much more compelling.
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, butLet me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, but please don't fanboy over it. Expand
  28. Aug 11, 2010
    Every game critic gave this game a positive review, and with good reason. Best game ever released, but its only home is the PS3!!! Go Uncharted 2!!! 10/10!!!
  29. Aug 12, 2010
    The only thing I didn't like from the game is that it was too short!

The story line is awesome, the characters are really believable (animation, script, voices), and the graphics are stunning.

The most immersive game in terms of storytelling ever. You really feel as if you were Indiana Jones of the 21st century.

Clearly one of the best games on the ps3.
  30. Aug 14, 2010
    Very Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at usingVery Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at using the processing power it harnesses. Any PS3 owner should have this game. Expand
  31. Nov 4, 2011
    This is a good game, but it is a bit overrated. This is yet another game that gets too much credit for having "flashy, cinematic looks", yet no one criticizes it's often scripted gameplay. After playing amazing open world games like GTA, Infamous, and Assassin's Creed...a game with so many scripted sequences just seems obsolete. This game was basically designed mostly to show off its fancyThis is a good game, but it is a bit overrated. This is yet another game that gets too much credit for having "flashy, cinematic looks", yet no one criticizes it's often scripted gameplay. After playing amazing open world games like GTA, Infamous, and Assassin's Creed...a game with so many scripted sequences just seems obsolete. This game was basically designed mostly to show off its fancy environments and to create a "hollywood movie" feel by using dramatic camera angles and big scripted sequences...but beneath that shiny exterior lies a somewhat shallow game. I much prefer open world games that allow unexpected and things to happen, and they allow the user to try various ways to complete a task....rather than being forced into a scripted sequence. i'm more impressed by games that create a dynamic world that challenge you to complete tasks in your own way by using your brain. There are some cool parts that require thinking, but these moments are too few and far between. I do have to give them props for the amazing environments and responsive control - these factors go a long way in making this game more enjoyable. Expand
  32. Jan 20, 2012
    It's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most willIt's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most will finish this game in one sitting but that's because the game constantly excels itself with beautiful scenery, clever puzzles and fantastic gunplay. It now even boasts multiplayer, with some narrative elements afoot. In short Uncharted 2 begs to be the top dog, and if this game is any indication, it has succeeded without fault. Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2010
    This is the absolute BEST graphic made game on the planet. The game has a compelling story, but the reason why I love this game the most, is because games look better than when you actually play them. However, this game remains the same. So either the cutscenes are just garbage, or the game's graphics a re AWESOME. I can't wait for Uncharted 3.
  34. Oct 3, 2012
    One of the best games out there. I was really emotional attached to all of the characters. Good pacing. Great story. Just wait til everybody gets disappointed for Uncharted 3.
  35. Oct 6, 2010
    Brilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularlyBrilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularly new with it to separate itself from the masses in regards to this feature, but in the ends it's just a small part of what is an incredibly rich and diverse game. It is perhaps a little on the short side â Expand
  36. Sep 15, 2010
    Having not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though theHaving not played the first game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune), I was unsure of what to expect when starting this game. At first the game can seem annoying as you try to figure out where exactly you're expected to climb next. Once you get through the first chapter, which is mainly just a cinematic introduction to the controls, however, the game starts to realise it's potential. Though the gameplay is much similar to games such as Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider, and utilizes the current gen trend of over-the-shoulder shooting, it does these things as good as or better than said games. The climbing is mostly fluent and only a few times is completely unclear about how to progress. The story is well written and acted (and the time they put into the animations is obvious), the pacing is great and the graphics are top notch. However, the game difficulty doesn't change much between any of the settings, and the only firefight with any real difficulty is the last boss. Overall, a solid single player experience not to be missed.
    Multiplayer isn't perfect, but this game's all about the single player movie-like chapters - so no judgments are going to be made here.
  37. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game,great for everybody,family,friends,kids,adults.I agree with others aswell,its got 26 chapters and it wil last you a good while,not to mention the story line is good quality as always coming from a sony/naughty dog company ,once you finished the single player you can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun playing the online part of the game.
  38. Sep 15, 2010
    Amazing game guys,just amazing,you need to play it to see and believe just how good this game is,this game made me relise how bad 360 games are and how short they are.
    cant beat a ps3 exclusive.
  39. Mar 1, 2012
    A game that was just as good as the original. Amazingly cinematic, and fun gameplay, even though I sometimes get lost, not knowing what I should do next.
  40. Sep 18, 2010
    One Word AWSOME. This is one of the best game i have ever played. Also i think this just may be about the best looking games on any console so far. 10/10 For me :)
  41. Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed bySeriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed by positive reviews. So obviously its amazing because the reviews speak for themselves. Also not one negative critic review. This game revolutionized platformers and you know it. So quit being negative just to be negative. Expand
  42. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read and heard all the hype and was expecting one of the all time greats and I absolutely got it here. The problems with the first Uncharted are solved and improved here.
  43. Sep 29, 2010
    A tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and youA tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and you like action adventures, you're in for a treat! Expand
  44. Oct 19, 2011
    This game was great. Briefly, the characters and story were very compelling. The voice acting and dialog were highly entertaining. The variety of locations and destinations was epic, it gave the game a great adventure type tone. The game play was fun and challenging. The cut-scenes and writing kept you engrossed in the story, making you want to find out what happens next. A veryThis game was great. Briefly, the characters and story were very compelling. The voice acting and dialog were highly entertaining. The variety of locations and destinations was epic, it gave the game a great adventure type tone. The game play was fun and challenging. The cut-scenes and writing kept you engrossed in the story, making you want to find out what happens next. A very satisfying game and one every gamer should play. Expand
  45. Oct 12, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Every element has been finely crafted, from sound to graphics to cut-scenes to gameplay. All of this thrusts the player in to a tumultuous thrill ride that has no bounds. And as for the multiplayer, it is a well implemented feature too.
  46. Feb 7, 2014
    Definitely the best in series as there's still enough gameplay mixed in with all the interactive movie gubbings that Naughty Dog love. This is the one they got right, but I still find the series quite over rated. Still recommend this
  47. Oct 13, 2010
    Remember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many variedRemember the first Uncharted, and how it blew away the PS3 market with amazing graphics and a deep story? And with this second iteration of the series, all the flaws in the first game have been fixed and everything good improved. The brain-dead AI has been revamped, providing to much better gunfights. Also, the platforming has been made better and is more plentiful, and with so many varied locales in this game you will be climbing lamp-posts or sides of buildings to traverse past blockades. The story now focuses on the lost treasure of Marco Polo, and how Drake allies himself with a crafty criminal named Flynn who is traveling with Drake's old girlfriend, Chloe. Without revealing too much, I'll say that the story turns into where the hunter turns into the hunted, and Drake must rush to find the treasure in time. The cut scenes in the game are great, and they are practically seamless with the game play in terms of graphics, and loading screens are nearly non-existent. All these things make this a must-buy game for the PS3. In fact, I would go as far to say that you should even get a PS3 just for this game, as there are some amazing setpieces that cannot be enjoyed in any other game on the market. This game is as close as you can get to perfection. Expand
  48. Oct 9, 2010
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all. This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen. Everything is perfect pace. The only thing is kind of bad now was the multiplayer online which was kind of unbalance that was all. The single player is one of the best and have the most likable characters as well. 9.5
    New here.
    I gonna said that this game is one of the best game of 2009!
    The critic aren't wrong at all.
    This game is definitely one of the best game I have play this gen.
    Everything is perfect pace.

9.5 out of 10.
    -.5 for the multiplayer mode for kind of unbalanced
  49. Oct 13, 2010
    There is simply nothing bad to say about this game. Every single aspect of the game is nearly perfect: graphics, single player, multiplayer, music,... the list goes on and on. If you are not blown away by this game, no other game will.
  50. Oct 13, 2010
    Best. Game. Ever. BUY NOW!!!!!! Single player is amazing- (completed it 3 times (Normal, Hard, then crusing)) Online multiplayer is amazing- (Poured endless amount of hours into the intense gameplay) and co-op kicks ass as well. If you don't have this game you are missing out.
  51. Oct 15, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is a blast and defenitely will make you think of being a PS3 if you don't already own one.

STORY: Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who

STORY:
    Nathan Drake is back and of course in a quest for a mythical treasure. Nate gaets an offer for a "job" from an old friend named Flynn and of course he is a resure hunter too, the employer is an anonymous rich person, flynn also has a female tresure hunter with him named Chloe, who will soon look more interesting in Nate's eyes. The quest beggins with an infiltration in a museum in Istanbul and soon things don't turn out really good, with Nate behind bars and Sullivan returning to save his ass. Soon Nate finds his self running for his life and trying to find out the secret of Shamballa at the same time. There will be a lot of turns in the plot and there will jump in new characters, old friends and......well lets say, some none normal dudes. The story takes bout 12 hours complete and I recommend to play it on hard difficulty setting.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2's gameplay can be described as "balanced and polished". It's a cover-based 3rd person shooter with a great hand-to-hand combat, a lot of platforming, puzzle solving and a bit of stealth. More specificly: The gun fights are good and the most of the guns feel nice, the arsenal is average in quantity but great in quality. Whenever you get close enough to an enemy don't be afraid to use hand-to-hand, you won't regret it. Platforming looks a lot like in the 1st Uncharted (which is a good thing) but it feels more comfortable and solid. Puzzle solving isn't that much of a challenge but it is a good brake from the action.As for the stealth, you will find it neessary only for the first level, afterwards it can be used just for the fun factor and sometimes you will catch yourself forgeting about it. But these doesn't make it a bad addition, it is really good and you will appreciate it for being there. The AI isn't too great but you will see that whatever your enemies lack in mind they got it in numbers. There is also a very good variety of enemy types in the game which means that some of them will make you make cover your best friend, some will make you run away and some run dirrectly on the front for a kick knockdown. Also there are some incredibly awesome in-game cinematic action moments that will make feel that you are watching a high budget Hollywood action movie.There are rocks, water and snow that you have to go through...and you wil enjoy it!

MULTIPLAYER: Yes there is a online multiplayer and it is awesome. Up to 10 players can enjoy the MP modes of Uncharted 2 such as: Deathmatch, Plunder, Elimination, Turf War, King of the Hill and Chain Reaction.
    And trying to get perks levels. The competitive MP is great but online co-op is a treat. With up to 3 players teaming up and trying to take down AI enemies in order to reach the treasure is priceless.

GRAPHICS: The graphics are stunning, really taking the PS3 to its limits. Snow feels like snow, water reats as realisticly as possible and the plants surounding the jungle are amazing. You will find yourself gazing in huge and deeply detailed enviroments as you march through the game with sweet effects and stuff. The character design is great and flawless and the explodes are "exploding".

SOUND: Sound is very sophisticated, music suits the game perfectly get the feelings out everytime and it never gets boring, voie acting is terrific. The guns sound stellar and effects are too solid to be true.

VERDICT:
    Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is a mind-blowing experience not only on the PS3 but in all of gaming platforms ever made.Feels like a movie plays like a game. With the Co-Op and Competitive online multiplayer tieing in and making it a must buy AAA game.
  52. Oct 17, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i have ever played. Great story, great fighting, great puzzles, great platforming, great graphics, great online ect. There is nothing wrong with this game, if you have a PS3 a don't have this game go buy it now, you won't regret it.
  53. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best single player campaigns in a shooter ever. Possibly the best PS3 game to date. Not to mention the online is very fun, though it could use a little work.
  54. Oct 19, 2010
    This is a great game. As fun as the first Uncharted. The graphics are better that Drakes Fortune but the re-playability is lessened. Truly a game you don't want to miss out on. Story - 9 : Graphics - 10 : Controls - 9 : Gameplay - 9
  55. Oct 19, 2010
    The grafics are the best of the best, the story is mind blowing it's over all the best game. Nothing even comes to it's toes on how great this game is.
  56. Oct 23, 2010
    I have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may notI have been gaming since i can remember, all the way back to when games were still on tape and floppy. So i have played my fair share of games from the great to the downright awful, Uncharted 2 is one of the greats. Its not just the graphics (which are incredible) etc, etc, but its the characters and the storyline that really draw you in. To counter act what some people say, yes it may not be ground-breakingly original, instead it polishes up features already seen in other 3rd person shooters. This doesnt make it a gears of war rip off! For all you 360 lads, there were 3rd person shooters before gears. Whether you like to admit it uncharted 2 is a diamond in the rough of the modern gaming world, it has what many developers now leave second to online mutiplayer, an excellent single player campaign with real replay value. Thats not to say that the online experience suffers though, it too is one of the most polished online games this generation. I cant wait to see what the 3rd outing will have in store. Expand
  57. Mar 3, 2012
    When I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to beWhen I first heard of this game, and how much reviewers and others loved it, i didn't believe it. I delayed my purchase of this game tell after I saw it on sale and as a GOTY edition. So i decided to take a chance and get it. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made, this game is brilliant in every sense of the word. One of the greatest moments in video game history has to be the train ride, where you must go from the back of a moving train to the front, taking out guards, tanks, and even helicopters to make your way to the front, and that's just one of many great moments in this game. It has so many defining moments that most games can dream of just one of them. Every time you think this game has done all that it could, something else comes up to shock you. The visuals in this game are outstanding, detail pours out of every scene to make you stop sometimes just to admire what Naughty Dog has done. The platforming in this game is remarkable, with landscapes that sometimes to the naked eye don't seem scalable, but then something breaks or shifts and new routes are open to you. Drake is one of the most likable characters this generation, he is a great explorer, a good friend and even better person, and yet also manages to be badass. There is also a multiplayer, it's good but not addicting. There is nothing wrong with it, it works well, the maps are perfect for the platforming and the competitive aspect is perfect for this sort of game, but personally i couldn't get into. It was fun for a few rounds but its the single player that is the meat of this game. That is how a game should be, and it does it well. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games this generation and I highly recommend this game to anyone who loves good story, great characters, and fantastic gameplay. Expand
  58. Nov 12, 2010
    I bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this gameI bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this game simply amazed me from the very start of you climbing the train that is barely hanging on a cliff, to the final missions. The only problem with this game is that certain gun play and platforming sections can be infuriating. Why? Because the combat can be very difficult with certain enemies and I found my self dying to often for my liking, the platforming is absolutely brilliant except certain parts can be a bit difficult to know where to go next. Despite saying this the pacing is absolutely brilliant. It has amazing set pieces throughout, and such a brilliant amount of different things you can do. Splinter Cell style stealth sections, brilliant cover systems and weapons, awesome platforming movements and the best graphics to date. Me mumbling on about how good this game is (the best that I have ever played, and I have played plenty on both Xbox 360 and PS3), doesn't do it enough justice. The characters are brilliant and superbly detailed in movement and facial expressions. Amazing, move over Red Dead Redemption I have a new favourite. Roll on to the third game, Naughty Dog are experts at what they do and they do it better than any one, it's worth buying the PS3 just because of this game. Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  59. Nov 24, 2010
    Most polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects inMost polished game yet on OS3. Very good technically, interesting story following up from the first game. Online multiplayer has many game options and during many weekends there are events that change it (like increasing damage for everyone or everyone playing with fat suits). Graphics are beautiful and artistic with the highlight (for me) of the Tibet part. It's hard to find defects in this game, the only thing that I can remember is that it takes too long to connect to online/multiplayer. Expand
  60. Nov 3, 2010
    Where can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buyWhere can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buy this then your in for a adventure. Expand
  61. Nov 5, 2010
    this game is the best great graphics cool story of drake and Flynn and lazarivic and the online gaming is double cool thats why it has a 10 number one game
  62. Nov 7, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  63. Nov 9, 2010
    This is by far a great game! It has a excellent story and excellent online features. It is a great fps. This game has got to be one of the greatest games out for PS3! Easily a Perfect 10.
  64. Nov 21, 2010
    One of the best games I have ever played. If this had been multi platform I've no doubt it would have won more awards.

The games has a very strong and interesting storyline, full of twists and turns. The graphics are great and the cut scenes just about right, not too long or too many. The actual game play itself is very good and handles like a dream, it's done in a platform style in that it's broken down into small chunks of battling with plenty of checkpoints along the way so you don't end up getting too frustrated. One of its greatest assets over other 3rd person or first person shooters is the cover system, this works excellently.

The only downside is the length of the story, but it's a small sacrifice, too long like some games and you'd lose track of what it was all about.

I've loved both uncharted games, roll on number 3.
  65. Jul 26, 2013
    Naughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, andNaughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, and genuine humor. Gunplay still isn't the tightest thing in the world but it feels alright once you get the hang of it. Developer Naughty Dog really shows off what the PS3 is capable of in the graphics department. Truly this game looks just as good, and sometimes better, than games that are coming out this year (2013)! The game has multiplayer this time around, and just like the campaign it is also fantastic. Most of the objective modes have been abandoned, but you can still find Deathmatches and co-op games. Truly Uncharted 2 is one of the PS3's most treasured titles, and for good reason, it not only manages to best its predecessor but also manages to best most of the PS3 exclusives out there. If you enjoyed the first Uncharted then prepare to love Among Thieves. Naughty Dog truly knows how to work the PS3 and has firmly cemented itself as one of the go to developers for quality games. This is worth every second of your time and I HIGHLY recommend it. Expand
  66. Jan 16, 2011
    This game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. IThis game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. I can't wait for Uncharted 3. Expand
  67. Jan 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Best game on the PS3 so far. Can't fault the single player campaign, the story's good, the characters dialogue is captivating and witty. I think there are 2 things that make this game standout from the rest. Firstly the amount of intense moments in the game where the unexpected happens, and secondly the online co-op modes - definitely worth a shot if you get this game.
  68. Feb 4, 2011
    Quite the lot we have here don't we? Giving this game a 10 because well.. it's pretty awesome, a must play, and there are far too many Gears of War, COD, and just sorry xbox 360 fanboys trying to downplay a nearly perfect game with undeserving low review scores.
  69. Mar 5, 2012
    I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly.I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly. This single player is perfection. The multiplayer is a bonus and is pretty solid. The co-op is great as well. But the game is about 3 years old s the multiplayer isn't exactly hot at the moment. But if anyone is reading this ,which I doubt, and you've never played an uncharted game you simply have to. I'm sorry but you should be forced to play it. There isn't much need to play the first one but make this your first uncharted. The first one is great but that game is very old. But you must play the 2nd one first in my opinion. Expand
  70. Apr 3, 2012
    Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL,Before I played Uncharted 2 I was what you could call an "xbox fanboy:" I wanted nothing to do with Sony, and I thought they were a joke of a company. I didn't realize how wrong I really was. One fateful day I strolled into my brothers room while he was at school and popped in Uncharted 2 to see what all the fuss was about. The game was so incredible that the tutorial, THE TUTORIAL, made me question my xbox fanboyism. I played nonstop for hours, and Uncharted 2 was so good that I couldn't bring myself to put it down. This is the only game I've ever played that's made me laugh not because something in the game was particularly funny, but because I was experiencing something I've never experienced before in a game and I can't even describe the feeling other than it was pure gaming nirvana. To compare this game to a movie isn't enough, because it easily exceeds any action flick I've ever seen. The graphics, the controls, the characters are all perfect. Although Uncharted 2 may not be as long as say...Skyrim or Arkham city, what it lacks in length it makes up for in pure enjoyment. After one sitting with this game, it converted me from an xbox fan to a ps3 fan, and I ended up driving to Gamestop later that day to purchase a PS3 and Uncharted 2. In closing, even though Uncharted 2 is the second game in the series, I recommend completely skipping the first game, because quite frankly...it isn't that great. You don't need any back-story from Uncharted 1, because each game is it's own story. It's worth owning a PS3 just for Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Expand
  71. Jul 25, 2011
    I have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between thisI have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between this game and GOW is that while Gears is with out a doubt a good game, the story elements and character development are lacking extremely. This game is such a great package! You have a fantastic single player story, great competitive multiplayer, and a highly addictive co-op mode. I would never compare this game to anything....its a gem in its own right. Let Gears of War be what it is and let Uncharted 2 be what it is....they are both great gaming experiences, except one doesnt run off of the almost obsolete Unreal Engine. Expand
  72. Jan 10, 2012
    A jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC trainA jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC train sequence in the middle of the game. This game alone has made my recent purchase of a PS3 worth it. It's a f*cking awesome game, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed playing it. Expand
  73. Jul 3, 2011
    Superb opening, everything start in a Bang! ! . Those incredible moments are here and are mind blowing , the story is fantastic , the gunplay, not the best but is responsive. Other thatn that the platforming is an idea that Castlevania copy pasted and formed in a orignal way. so coooll experience.
  74. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is a marvel of gameplay merged with storytelling. From end to end it is a non-stop rollercoaster of excitement and action. You genuinely get to know and care about each character and their journey through this game. It is a game that I will go back to again and again, just to experience it again. Truly one of the best games ever made.
  75. Apr 17, 2012
    I am not seeking to counter the current average, I am just seeking to be honest. Is this a "great" game? Yes. Is it "sublime"? No. Is it better than the first installment in the series, yes, but not in every way. The two main things I liked about the first game in the series (the intelligent AI and the realistic difficulty) were completely absent in this game. In the first game, the enemyI am not seeking to counter the current average, I am just seeking to be honest. Is this a "great" game? Yes. Is it "sublime"? No. Is it better than the first installment in the series, yes, but not in every way. The two main things I liked about the first game in the series (the intelligent AI and the realistic difficulty) were completely absent in this game. In the first game, the enemy would intelligently flank you, centered around where you were, and all the enemies would do this while actively pinning you down with bullet fire. In U2, the enemies do not behave so. Some do, but most of the enemies' behaviors are either clearly set as "stay behind this box or whatever and keep shooting" or "just walk in a straight line towards Drake." I was very disappointed by that, and also by how much easier the game was in general. I played both games on normal and in the first game, you would take as much damage before death as the enemies at whom you were shooting. I liked this since I never liked the idea of why you can take 20 more bullets to the chest than everyone else. However, U2 employs the more ubiquitous "superhuman" approach, which was a shame. To make up for these absences, Naughty Dog gave us some incredibly varied level designs and a more interesting story. You travel to a lot more interesting places (though sadly these places are much more linear) and you are more curious as to what happens in the end. Otherwise, the biggest problem plagues both games: the tedious and crude gunplay. It's not "bad", and I certainly don't expect it to hit the heights of Gears of War, but it could stand to see substantial improvement. Overall, I don't see why this game is considered one of the best of this generation. Great, but not transcendental. Expand
  76. Jul 24, 2013
    The problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bulletThe problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bullet sponges can become magnified. Anyone that has played Naughty Dog’s zombie epic The Last of Us will immediately be stuck by the lower quality graphics as well.

Having said all that, this is still without doubt a quality title. The characters are more likable than the usual video game protagonists and the fast paced gameplay features a good mix of shooting, spectacular climbs and puzzles. The sheer spectacle of Drake’s adventure will also ensure that most players are be able to overlook the aforementioned flaws and be swept along for what is a pretty entertaining ride that clocks in at a decent 15 hours or so in length.
  77. Feb 22, 2012
    Even more catchy than first part. Awesome story and everything else. Adding multiplayer, that was thing I was waiting for, but it was a little bit disappointing. Best third person shooter I have ever played. U3 awaits!
  78. Jul 9, 2011
    Best game of this generation so far. Everything about it is great and tbh I just wanna boost rating because of idions that are giving it 1 and 2..........................
  79. May 24, 2011
    Great game from top to bottom, from graphics to gameplay. Highly recommended. Cannot wait for Uncharted 3. Another great reason to be a PS3 owner.
  80. Jul 28, 2013
    It is better then its prequel but still nothing outstanding. Some scenes really seem to be from an action movie, but it struggles to maintain the cinema feeling. Design is awesome, shamballa really looks beautiful and also the soundtrack succeds.
  81. Nov 9, 2011
    There's no such thing as a perfect game, though Uncharted 2 comes pretty close. Perhaps one of the most polished and slick games in recent memory, it's also perfectly paced and features some solid gunplay and climbing mechanics. Whenever you find yourself bored of doing something, the game switches gears and has you puzzle solving, or jumping and leaping around any of the games amazinglyThere's no such thing as a perfect game, though Uncharted 2 comes pretty close. Perhaps one of the most polished and slick games in recent memory, it's also perfectly paced and features some solid gunplay and climbing mechanics. Whenever you find yourself bored of doing something, the game switches gears and has you puzzle solving, or jumping and leaping around any of the games amazingly detailed and varied environments. Never has a game been able to tug so tightly on the heart strings and it really boils down to superb writing and voice acting as well as a gripping and generally solid story line. Uncharted 2 is pretty much a must play for anyone with a PS3 and really just fans of action/adventure games in general. Expand
  82. Jul 7, 2011
    Amazing game with my best score yet. AMAZING story and action sequences when the building started falling i was right on the edge of my seat, AMAZING multi-player AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING that's all I have got to say really so. peace off.
  83. Jul 27, 2011
    An absolutely incredible game, as if you needed me to explain that. One of the most exciting games ever, with a level of polish hitherto unknown in games, an intriguing story, an incredibly fun mix of gunplay and platforming with stunning set piece moments, Uncharted 2 has raised the bar for gaming.
  84. Aug 8, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is simply one of the best games to come out this generation. I have given this game a perfect 10 because there are little to no faults with the game. The story is fantastic, with fleshed out characters plus great voice acting together with really fun gameplay. All this combined immerses you completely in the game. When I first got the game, I really enjoyed playing online asUncharted 2 is simply one of the best games to come out this generation. I have given this game a perfect 10 because there are little to no faults with the game. The story is fantastic, with fleshed out characters plus great voice acting together with really fun gameplay. All this combined immerses you completely in the game. When I first got the game, I really enjoyed playing online as well although I have moved on since then. I just recently started playing the single player for a second time and I still think it is fantastic (I have completed it 3-4 time already). I am now really looking forward to Uncharted 3, which will have a hard time topping this game...but I have so much faith in Naughty Dog since I am almost certain they will not disappoint. This is a game everybody should have in their collection, without a doubt. Expand
  85. Jun 20, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is a fun game, but it is one of those games that just doesn't have much value. The production quality is great, with very nice graphics, however the gameplay isn't always the best. There are a few reasons the gameplay isn't great for me. First of all, the gunplay isn't the best. Most of the time it just gets repetitive and boring. Second of all, there is no replayability toUncharted 2 is a fun game, but it is one of those games that just doesn't have much value. The production quality is great, with very nice graphics, however the gameplay isn't always the best. There are a few reasons the gameplay isn't great for me. First of all, the gunplay isn't the best. Most of the time it just gets repetitive and boring. Second of all, there is no replayability to this game, I played it once and I was done with the game. If you enjoy the multiplayer then the game will have more value for you. The story is fun and it feels like an Indiana Jones movie, but once you know what happens the draw to play the game is gone. Definitely a game to rent and beat as quickly as you can. Expand
  86. Jan 18, 2013
    I do not like this better than the first game... The guys with the armor/shotguns are annoying as hell. I do not like some of the enemies... I fn hate the levels where you have to platform through that snow cave (lv 18-20 I believe)... When I played through it on crushing, it was a lot harder than the first... I found myself hanging on ledges, waiting for the guys to get close, and pullingI do not like this better than the first game... The guys with the armor/shotguns are annoying as hell. I do not like some of the enemies... I fn hate the levels where you have to platform through that snow cave (lv 18-20 I believe)... When I played through it on crushing, it was a lot harder than the first... I found myself hanging on ledges, waiting for the guys to get close, and pulling them off even after being seen... Other than that, excellent game... Like Zelda on Nintendo, I will buy every future Sony console to play Uncharted... Although this one didn't charm me as much as the first, the cinematics, platforming, and action are equal... Great fn game... Xbox people can eat their hearts out Expand
  87. Aug 13, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game... At times there were far too many enemies to kill and it got annoying after about the 20th. The graphics are great though- well done to naughty dog. The story and cut scenes are also very well done. The voice acting is funny and well done too but its not all about that. The rolling to cover is annoying at times when it doesnt work right and leaves you open toI really enjoyed this game... At times there were far too many enemies to kill and it got annoying after about the 20th. The graphics are great though- well done to naughty dog. The story and cut scenes are also very well done. The voice acting is funny and well done too but its not all about that. The rolling to cover is annoying at times when it doesnt work right and leaves you open to being killed/spotted. The enemy Ai is average but has nice set pieces at times... but set pieces are just that. All in all its a fairly decent game. Not a 10 though... Expand
  88. Aug 25, 2011
    A great story told extremely well, there are even some funny bits. Pretty basic gameplay but still a very fun game. More of the same awesomeness as the first Uncharted.
  89. Nov 6, 2011
    If i would like to comment this game only in one word it will be : AWESOME, this game has everything what great game should have. Great plot, awesome graphic, action... You don`t even have to read anything about this game, just play it!
  90. Oct 31, 2011
    The original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improvedThe original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improved performance and polish. In addition to the already impressive single player campaign the developers decided to add a fully fleshed out multiplayer mode that rivals any of the top competitive multiplayer games on the market. This is gaming at its finest. Expand
  91. Sep 16, 2011
    It's been long time of thinking about rate of this game. But after 100 hours in multiplayer and 40 hours in single mode, i have to give perfect score. There's no other game that i played all 3 times. Did i say something about graphics? No, because there's more important things - thrilling qte's and perfect music.
  92. Nov 13, 2013
    Quite possibly the best PlayStation 3 game to date. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on everything from the original, Drake's Fortune, marrying fun gameplay with impressive cinematic moments.
  93. Oct 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game in 2009 when I first got my Playstation 3 and the minute I started playing I knew it was going to be incredible. The gameplay is perfect, the graphics are perfect and the multiplayer is so much fun. The campaign takes roughly 9-10 hours to complete depending on your skill at it. There is plenty to do like finding the hidden treasures there are 100 to find, the multiplayer which is very fun and there are plenty of game modes to choose from and of course the campaign which has the be the most fun I have ever had of any campaign. This is truly one of the best games I have ever played I recommend it to anyone who enjoys action/adventure games. Expand
  94. Nov 24, 2011
    I really have nothing bad to say about this game. The graphics are phenomenal, even for the game being a few years old. The story is so captivating, and you really become emotionally invested in the characters. The gameplay is a lot of fun, with creative platforming sections that remind me of assassin's creed/tomb raider. While some may not like the bounciness and inaccuracy of theI really have nothing bad to say about this game. The graphics are phenomenal, even for the game being a few years old. The story is so captivating, and you really become emotionally invested in the characters. The gameplay is a lot of fun, with creative platforming sections that remind me of assassin's creed/tomb raider. While some may not like the bounciness and inaccuracy of the shooting, I think it adds a level of realism to the game. Minus the bad guys being able to take 5 shotgun rounds to the chest Expand
  95. Nov 17, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is just plain amazing. It is very well one of the best games I have ever played, second only to Grand Theft Auto IV. Nathan Drake's latest journey is amazing. The graphics are flat out amazing, the voice acting is great, the characters are great , and the set pieces are breath-taking, it's like watching a movie! The plot is great, the plot of a typical action movie and theUncharted 2 is just plain amazing. It is very well one of the best games I have ever played, second only to Grand Theft Auto IV. Nathan Drake's latest journey is amazing. The graphics are flat out amazing, the voice acting is great, the characters are great , and the set pieces are breath-taking, it's like watching a movie! The plot is great, the plot of a typical action movie and the action is wowinvoking as well. The gameplay is very good, one of the best controls schemes to date and I feel like I am Nathan Drake when I play. The humanization is so cool that you feel more attached to the characters. The action genre just got renovated with Uncharted 2, not only does it set the bar for the series but the bar for action games and gaming in general. Flaws, there are like virtually no flaws at all but just that maybe a tiny tiny portion is inariably clunky and that is the gnplay which can be a little twitchy but nonetheless almost perfect and platforming is a little limited, again, just a little but still Uncharted 2 gives you many ways to tackle the situation. These flaws are very minute compared to the rest of the game and they are teeny tiny problems in general. Overall Uncharted 2 is an amazing that I absolutely love. It's thrilling, it's entertaining, it's flat-out amazing. I will never look at video games the same way. Uncharted 2 comes second only to GTA IV. I love this game. Breakdown for "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves": Presentation: 10, Graphics: 10, Sound: 10, Playability: 9.8, Lasting Appeal: 10. Verdict: 9.9 out of 10 "Amazing". The best adventure game of all time. Expand
  96. Oct 20, 2011
    Best game of the year (2009)? No, the best game of all time. And Uncharted 3 will be no different. UNCHARTED 3 goty, and "goat" (game of all time.)!!!!!!!
  97. Feb 12, 2012
    Hands down! Uncharted 2 the best games this gen.. The Story is AMAZING!! Nathan Drake is hands down the best main protagonist ever... I liked this game more than mass effect 2 which was a really great game too! But Uncharted 2 is soooo much better than any other game i have ever played The gameplay and the story makes it one of the best games ever... It pretty long game too.. I finished itHands down! Uncharted 2 the best games this gen.. The Story is AMAZING!! Nathan Drake is hands down the best main protagonist ever... I liked this game more than mass effect 2 which was a really great game too! But Uncharted 2 is soooo much better than any other game i have ever played The gameplay and the story makes it one of the best games ever... It pretty long game too.. I finished it in 22 hours and it will take you even longer if you looked for treasures and tried to platinum it Expand
  98. Nov 28, 2011
    I bought a PS3 recently and don't regret it one bit simply because I went through the Uncharted experience. WOW!! This game is groundbreaking!!! The characters are great. The story is engaging. The gameplay is brilliant. It definitely set the standard for Action-Adventure games. Would highly recommend anybody who hasnt played
  99. Nov 6, 2011
    Epic. Nathan Drake climbing and rolling all over the place makes for greatness. Add in two attractive women and an old guy, and you've got an absolute masterpiece. Along with great multiplayer with cool new modes and co-op, this game would be the closest thing perfect I have ever seen. Just simply, epic.
  100. Nov 9, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. Uncharted 3 is even better. If you have a PS3, there's NO REASON not to get this game. The cutscenes are phenomenal, the characters look incredibly real, and the cover mechanics are amazing. GET THIS GAME!

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.