• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 does a great homage for the most popular action-adventure films out there like the Indiana Jones movies. The cinematics are very well done, with tons of detail on the graphics, great music score (especially the Main Theme) and great characters that made up this game. Unlike The Last of Us, where the pace is extremely slow, this game has a ton of action, involving shooting, fist fights and parkour, all blended in with explosions and funny humor, including some puzzle solving. Unfortunately, there are some things that break immersion: it seems more plot driven than character driven, as I felt that there was almost no moment where I feel a connection with the characters, not even Nathan Drake himself. There are moments in the story that made no sense, and Chloe Frazer, Nathan´s new girlfriend, was highly unlikable, because even though I don´t have problem with people who are just themselves, she has an unstable change of personality: she´s good, she´s bad, she´s good, she´s bad, for no apparent reason! Also, in the gameplay, there´s an excessive amount of enemies, and I find it illogical: it seemed that Lazaravich, the antagonist, who is considered to be a major criminal who kills, mutilates and disrupts innocent people, had the entire Russian Army with him. And while the shooting mechanics gets the job done, the melee combat was highly ineffective, as Nathan is somewhat slow to land a single hit. But the biggest flaw is the fact that Nathan kills a thousand enemies like some sort of killing machine, and that may detract the player from the experience. And where the hell is Victor Sullivan?! I think he was the funniest of all the characters here, with the most awesome voice so far, and he doesn´t appear a lot in the game! For the rest of the game, I enjoyed it a lot, especially the boarding train sequence, as it shows a great example of how Naughty Dog handles its technology for epicness. The multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I played a lot of competitive matches. Now, even with the excessive waves and waves of enemies, I found it to be a decent experience overall. Expand
  2. Jan 17, 2014
    This game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and is great on your own or with friends. This is one of those rare games that don't come so often and never gets old from unlocking skins and special in game content for story mode to an epic story mode with great voice over you can't go wrong with buying this game. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is a great experiences for any gamer out there! Expand
  3. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game.
  4. Feb 23, 2014
    If Drake's Fortune was the setup, this game is the payoff. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece in every aspect. The writing and performances are smart and snapy, the graphics are amazing, and the story is much more compelling than the first installment.
  5. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is possibly the best action game ever created for consoles. This was truly a step forward for action games, and Naughty Dog couldn't surpass it with Uncharted 3. This game has some incredible aspects that are rare in games today, which is why it's such a gem among Playstation gamers.
    Pros: -Voice Acting (The performances by both Sully and Nathan's voice actors have only been
    surpassed by Troy Baker in The Last of Us)
    -Story (A very intriguing story that combines fantasy with realism)
    -Gameplay (Very smooth controls, and some awesome action sequences)
    -Tech (Very few graphical hiccups and glitches)
    Cons: -Difficulty (Even an action game veteran will have difficulties playing this game on very easy, due to some poor level design choices and cheap 'difficult' sections that frustrate rather than challenge)
    Overall, this game is an incredible gem that's already a classic. If you own a PS3 and haven't yet played this, you're missing out on a spectacular demonstration of dedicated video game developers, and one of the greatest modern action games to ever release.
  6. Jul 30, 2014
    If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title. It was the best decision of my entire gamer career. I cant point out a negative part of the game, because there simply arent any. anything about this game is awesome and never stops at any point being at least amazing. The supersharp visuals, the level design, the character movement, the story, the actors, and the list of awesomeness just goes on and on!!! even the hated scripted events are truly great in this game. This is one of those titles, where the developers didnt made any shortcuts, they even made the collectibles awesome!! All I can say without getting into details, that it was an experience that I never had before during my gamer times. play it.. Its a shame that the replay value is a bit small, but other than that, holy mother of GOD! Expand
  7. May 23, 2014
    this game is loved for the same reason we love legend of Zelda. It gives an immersive and thrilling sense of adventure unlike no other game. the narrative and story telling in this game is revolutionary, the game design is beautiful, and the story and plot is gripping. the gameplay is the only hiccup that keeps this game from being a ten. don't get me wrong, the gameplay is a lot of fun, climbing buildings and mountains while barely hanging on by your fingertips makes this game so much fun, but the combat is somewhat mediocre. its not bad in any way, infact I really enjoy the little things like the blind fire being pretty inaccurate and how the melee combat feels so natural and how both those things make Nathan drake feel human and relatable and not some indestructible bullet tanking machine that you see in every other game, but besides that its the least interesting part of the game. some of the shoot outs feel like they drag on because its just not all that fun to shoot people in this game, it is fun though to try to be stealthy and take everyone out splinter cell style, but I wish the shooting people part of the game was more up to par with the rest of the game. that's my only gripe though, and I can see how xbox fans wouldn't like this game since xbox exclusives souly evolve around shooting like halo and gears of war, and I think that's the biggest difference between playstation fans and xbox fans. xbox is for guys who like playing shooters and going online, while playstation fans like games that have more depth than that. not saying one is better than the other, but if your a playstation fan, this is a must play game that I am sad to admit I put off for way to long just recently finished the gam :) Expand
  8. Jul 11, 2014
    This game was really very poor compared to Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 - which were great. The locations in this game are dull and boring, and the story is poorly written, probably because Sully is more or less not in the game.
    The free-running really sucks in this particular game, and combat is very unrealistic.
  9. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's third masterpiece. It's set pieces are even better than the last installment, the performances are strong, the graphics are beautiful, and the story is much more compelling.
  10. Jun 21, 2014
    98/100: The second game in the Uncharted franchise is even more fantastic than the great first Uncharted game. The puzzles in the game are fun and not too easy, the combat system works great and the storyline is fantastic. Even though the graphics aren't stunning, the game looks wonderful. Naughty Dog did a great job with Uncharted 2!
  11. Jun 28, 2014
    I hate this entire series. It has a garbage cliche story, crappy combat, and out dated textures and graphics for 2009! The graphic aren't even that great in my opinion. This game over uses QuickTime events and mediocre puzzles. This is just a garbage excuse for an action adventure game.
  12. Jun 30, 2014
    Great graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was a bit of a letdown for me and occasionally the constant cover shooting felt a little repetitive but that's just me being picky. Generally this is some of the best fun that can be had playing a video game! Expand
  13. Jul 8, 2014
    This was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you're playing an action movie, and I loved every minute of it. The action sequences tie in perfectly with the gameplay. And as soon as I beat it, I started over. Expand
  14. Jul 12, 2014
    One of the best games ever. The best Uncharted game so far. The graphics are good. Voice acting and the characters are great. The music is incredible. Perfect for those points where it sounds, especially the Chinese and Tibetan musical instruments bring great atmosphere. The scenery is memorable and brilliant level design. The story is very good and emotional. I would immediately start the game again successfully. Humor to be found, but not too much. In addition, this is also a very nice multiplayer game. Finally, it is said that all PS3 owners will be forced to experience this. Expand

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.