• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. May 22, 2015
    The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game,The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game, and the game had so many reasons to keep coming back. The best of the series. Expand
  2. May 22, 2015
    there is one word to describe this game and that is epic played this non-stop immediately after i got and it solidified itself into my top 25 games of all time controls are tight , story is one of the best iv'e seen to sum it up this game is basically the game equivalent of Skyfall and the multiplayer rivals even halo 2's.
  3. May 20, 2015
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they madeUncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they made a lot of improvements from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. There are no loading times either. Playing through the game again after a few years was a really nostalgic experience. I especially loved how the enemies became tougher and tougher towards the end. This is a basic video game gimmick, but in this game it was really fun part of the game.

10/10 no question!
  4. May 15, 2015
  5. May 1, 2015
    Demonstrates the same dynamism of the first game, but much more refined and action scenes eye-popping, that in fact, much better than very Hollywood action movie.
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, butLet me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, but please don't fanboy over it. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war.This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war. After this game, PS3 is the choice of platform for the 7th generation until its end in 2013. Expand
  8. Apr 8, 2015
    Uncharted 2 was a game that long I haven't carefully considered, as well as the first chapter. But when I played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I realized what I was missing and how was valiant and beautiful the saga created by Naughty Dog for PlayStation 3.

In facts Uncharted 2, despite I've played and finished the one before, introduced itself as something totally new. It was a third-person shooter with free-climbing mechanical and an advanced covering system, yes, but it had something different. Sure, at first, what left me stunned was graphics: perfect; 10 out of 10. Characters, settings and everything else was magnificent. Already the first chapter had shown the potential of PS3, but Uncharted 2 pushed to the limit the console by touching levels beyond the standards.

Particularly beautiful were the melee fights, shootings, driving sequences powered by a fluidity and a frenzy that I had never seen before. All the gameplay it's been improved from the first Uncharted, and it's been led to much higher levels. Beautiful was the part on the train, made impeccably and practically perfect. Maybe the puzzles were not so great, but for sure they were fun and nice. And then a great plot, inspired by the adventures of Indiana Jones and the travels of Marco Polo, which was really nice and took me to push me from one place to the other in the world, making live to the protagonist, Nathan Drake (and also me, of course) a really great adventure.

From the jungles of Borneo, to the mountain ranges of the Himalayas. From tibetan villages to the beautiful Shangri-La. And it's been a really long journey because this game was so long that at some point it gave me a sensation something like "It is not over, yet?", and it is important to remember it. Yes, Uncharted 2 was a great adventure, a journey metaphor of life, full of historical implications and great cinematographic twists, adding the fantasy gimmicks as supernatural beings and occult. Good was also the humor typical of the series that never fails, even in cases more desperate.

The good guys of Naughty Dog did it: Uncharted 2 is a memorable masterpiece.
  9. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  10. Mar 22, 2015
    Where do I begin with Uncharted 2. Wow. This is my favorite game of all time. And I didn't expect it to be a good game at all. When I first heard about the critical rave of Uncharted 2, I thought people were over reacting. I then tried it out myself after reading all of the reviews. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece.

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares to this phenomenal game. The gameplay is extremely fun as well. Anybody who has doubts about this game needs to check it out. The music is incredible and the mythical places upon the game is unique and fresh.

The acting is outstanding. The smart dialog makes you enjoy Nathan Drake and the other characters. It may very well be a long time until we see a game be better than this. Outstanding. 10/10 easy
  11. Mar 20, 2015
    Just perfect naughty dog really wants to please their fans everytime. The game has great A.I, vivid graphics that look pleasing to the eye, and a great multiplayer that brings more value to a great game. The upgrading system in the game is perfect. The game is a must buy for all gamers aliike
  12. Feb 25, 2015
    I loved this game! I found to be the last level very hard even on normal but that did not detract from my experience I had with this game. No doubt in my Top 5 from last generation.
  13. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  14. Feb 17, 2015
    Don't listen to all the Xbox fanboys giving this game a zero. This and all the other games in the series are one of the best games of all time. It's a fact now, Naughty Dog makes the best games.
  15. Feb 9, 2015
    One of the best games ever? Good shooting? Good story? Great Characters? This is what I had been promised with all the talk of this game I'd heard. Was any of it true? No....none of it. For starters the shooting is completely stupid. It feels like your aim is sliding on ice, and it feels pointlessly hard to line up your shots. The story? wtf? You know what I really compare this to.One of the best games ever? Good shooting? Good story? Great Characters? This is what I had been promised with all the talk of this game I'd heard. Was any of it true? No....none of it. For starters the shooting is completely stupid. It feels like your aim is sliding on ice, and it feels pointlessly hard to line up your shots. The story? wtf? You know what I really compare this to. National Treasure. The story has about as much build up. Woo~ Treasure hunting. Woo~ Random Terrorist that has nothing to do with my character personally and I see maybe a total of three times before I fight him. Other than Drake himself, I hate most all of the characters in this game. None of them are interesting or none stereotypical. And completely screw the enemies. You see a total of ONE type of enemy through the whole game. They don't even change in looks, like, at all. They **** suck. Taking several assault rifles clips straight to the face and STILL not dying.The game looks alright, if it was a lunch title than its forgivable. The amount of constraint this game puts on you is complete garbage. Oh, you want to jump down those four feet? **** you. You die, do it the way WE want you to, or not at all. This game is a painfully average third person shooter, with no real polish or over all, is simply outdated by the times. One of the best games ever MY ASS. Expand
  16. Feb 6, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game by far is in the discussion for the best game of all time (hope any xbox fanboys don't read this, because if they did there would a lot more people on PSN) +1 Expand
  17. Jan 31, 2015
    It is one of masterpiece of 7th generation . very good story and likely gameplay.. the visual design is wonderful. thanks Nuaghty Dog for this experiment
  18. Jan 23, 2015
    While I still prefer the original Uncharted, this is pretty impressive sequel. Uncharted 1 had a nice personal charm of Indiana Jones wannabe, it felt more compact with it's story, locations. Uncharted 2 tries to do more, be bigger, change locations completely, but it lacks a bit of that personal magic from Uncharted 1. It's definitely a visual upgrade, but other than that it's basicallyWhile I still prefer the original Uncharted, this is pretty impressive sequel. Uncharted 1 had a nice personal charm of Indiana Jones wannabe, it felt more compact with it's story, locations. Uncharted 2 tries to do more, be bigger, change locations completely, but it lacks a bit of that personal magic from Uncharted 1. It's definitely a visual upgrade, but other than that it's basically more of the same set in different locations. Game mechanics are still nothing to write home about, overly used shooting sections are once again quite annoying and overused, but most importantly it often doesn't even make sense. They are somewhere high in the tops of Himalayas and of course that the bad guys suddenly have their own army there, hundreds of jeeps, tanks, hordes of enemies coming out of nowhere and in their lead is typical over the top very tough muscular bad guy with Russian or whatever accent. I said that before, but Uncharted should really calm down, stop trying to be bombastic shooting fest and focus more on the adventure and exploration. Because when it comes to that, to story, characters, location exploration, treasure hunting, that's when I have fun. Maybe a bit more open world and less linearity would help. Looking forward to other chapters. 6/10 Expand
  19. Jan 18, 2015
    It is a good game, but just felt a little to linear and repetitiv to me, go there kill them, when you are done go over there and kill them, no open world, no desire to play through again and I hate games that takes control over your actions and this game does that alot. With that said great story, characters etc.. so an 8 for me, but defintly a must play for PS3.
  20. Jan 17, 2015
    For a game that was released in 2009 and having played through it 5 years later, "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" still holds up, gameplay wise and graphically.

The story, while a little simple and follows the same formula for the first game a little too closely, is great and allows for large, expansive worlds in which to explore. It is evident that the scope has been upped since the first release in the Uncharted series with very cinematic events that you, as the player, feel in control of. The game is beautiful and every environment is unique and plush. The interaction between characters as the story progresses is always a wonder to see, as previously demonstrated by the first game and the cast really do bring these characters to life.

My only nitpick for the game is that it feels a little too formulaic and scripted but if you are immersed enough in the game then this can be easily overlooked. The ending also seems to get a little sloppy, as if the writers had run out of ideas and just wanted to quickly round things off.

Regardless of these factors, "Among Thieves" is definitely worth the play. Naughty Dog have not failed to impress.
  21. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  22. Jan 7, 2015
    Without a doubt, the best game I've ever played. The climbing mechanics and action were far above average, and the scenery and overall script is positively phenomenal. Overall, this is the game that I would put into it's own separate category of incredible all-round gameplay.
  23. Jan 7, 2015
    One of the best exclusives for playstation 3. Puzzles are easy which i dont like. Game play is awesome. Graphics are above average. Good entertainment overall.
  24. Dec 29, 2014
    Uncharted 2 takes everything that made the first game great and made it better. It's a very gripping cinematic experience of a video game with some absolutely unbelievable moments.
  25. Dec 15, 2014
    Why is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die andWhy is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die and that you better hurry up but really its a facade. The puzzle gameplay consists of you looking in your journal for the answer. Identify symbols in your journal to the symbols in the environment and bam easy peasy. There is nothing to really think about and for a puzzle there should be something to think about. The action gameplay is really good. A lot better than Uncharted 1 but there isn't much variation. It is mostly walk into an area kill everybody in it and occassionally reinforcements will come and you gotta kill them to.

The game is great but I just concentrated on the few negatives because I feel that most people just praise it like it is perfect and I disagree.
  26. Dec 10, 2014
    Greatly improves but under performs in key moments. Has an interesting cast , story, gameplay, immersion and all that is much appreciated. The game glitches hard a lot atleast on my ps3 but it doesn't take me away from the moment
  27. Nov 22, 2014
    What can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. ButWhat can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. But that's also the problem with it (if problem is even the right word here), it fails to travel that last 10% on the road to greatness. It is a bit too composed in itself, too proud to exist and too self-aware to take risks, like it can do more, but it's too scared to reach out. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2014
    There is no doubt that Naughty Dog have the ability to create an incredible game with a very detailed storyline, with jaw-dropping graphics & movie-like cut scenes, not to mention the immersive action and multiplayer. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is one not to miss.
  29. Nov 3, 2014
    La aventura mas impresionante de todo el catálogo de PS3. Mejora en todo al primero: una historia con más capítulos y con una trama aun mas interesante, unas secuencias de acción sublimes, tiroteos más refinados, más variedad de enemigos y de paisajes y un nuevo y divertido multijugador.
    La trilogía Uncharted no puede faltar en ninguna colección de videojuegos pero si solo pudierais comprar uno, coged Uncharted 2. No lo lamentaréis. Sublime.
  30. Oct 19, 2014
    WOW! I was absolutely speechless once the credits rolled through with this game! The gameplay is fun, the characters are way better, the action was spot on, and it looks amazing. A HUGE step up from the first game! Sadly, Uncharted 3 was not able to keep up.
  31. Oct 18, 2014
    An absolute 'must play'. This was my favourite game of all time up until 'The Last Of Us' was released.

Uncharted 2 is a classic example of perfect gameplay,with Naughty Dog meticulously delivering a flawless game through to the end. This game is so well planned out it shows. The set pieces are incredible, and the characters interactions through gameplay further the storyline.

Fantastic and inspirational, 10/10.
  32. Oct 3, 2014
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully) the story was about finding lost city of shambala,(I wont spoil you),all I can say is the story is epic memorable and feels like a great movie. The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully)

The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as hell!,but I dont reallyl like the guns sounds in this game (but still okay).. I prefer uncharted 3 guns sounds

the Graphics..not really amazing like tlou,but still looks really good..

this game is a must buy for ps3 owners and action fans!.
  33. Sep 14, 2014
    Here is another game that you must play if you own a PS3, and even if does not own this is the reason to buy it. If Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was good, then this is even better.

Indeed, one of the best games I've played. Even the story is worth 10, but here there are so many other good things, such as the environments are very interesting. The music is really good and it is very well done to suit the scene. The characters, the atmosphere is good. I came up with this game nothing to regret.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    About on par with the first game. There are obvious improvements all round. Better visuals, deeper story, better character development.

Yet even with all its improvements it also loses a bit of the charm that the first game had. Essentially being true to the adventure movie sequel stereotype. Better, but more of the same. Game mechanics remain more or less unchanged from the first game. Even Drakes arsenal is more or less the same, with very little innovation in that regard. Also, I experienced some game breaking bugs on my initial playthrough that almost ruined the game for me. Luckily I fixed it (apparently it was some kind of conflict with my PS3 settings.)

Aside from my gripes, this still is a ton of fun to play and I enjoyed myself immensely. Was great that the treasures were better hidden this time round and took a bit more searching to find.

Overall:
    Uncharted 2 is an obvious improvement on the first game in all areas save one: Innovation. Essentially it's the same game as the first time, just slightly different story. Regardless, It's a great game worthy of any collection (if you can get it to work,. the bugs are the only reason I didn't score this a 9.)
  35. Sep 8, 2014
    Easily one of the best games the PS3 has to offer in its line of exclusives. Uncharted 2 has a great story, solid gun game play, interesting multiplayer and one of the best protagonists a game can ask for. Nolan North plays Nathan Drake and he does an awesome job at doing it. From his witty comments to his tense down to earth moments, this character will have some influence in making youEasily one of the best games the PS3 has to offer in its line of exclusives. Uncharted 2 has a great story, solid gun game play, interesting multiplayer and one of the best protagonists a game can ask for. Nolan North plays Nathan Drake and he does an awesome job at doing it. From his witty comments to his tense down to earth moments, this character will have some influence in making you want to keep playing. This is definitely not a title to skip out on. Expand
  36. Aug 23, 2014
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a must have for all Playstation 3 owners. It tells a phenomenal story, full of rich characters. The gameplay is also rock solid. This is a must play.
  37. Aug 15, 2014
    Best PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add toBest PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add to that an amazing and addictive multiplayer . This game is the best action adventure game EVER , objectively . and it is my all time favorite game . Expand
  38. Aug 13, 2014
    Another masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And theAnother masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And the story, it is one of, if not the best story ever in a video game. My only bone to pick with it is that the melee combat still needs work. But otherwise, the game is spotless. Expand
  39. Aug 8, 2014
    I liked this game less than any other Uncharted game, I can't exactly put my finger on why. Maybe the graphic style annoyed me? Anyway, it's still a good game and lives up to the rest.
  40. Jul 30, 2014
    If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title.If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title. It was the best decision of my entire gamer career. I cant point out a negative part of the game, because there simply arent any. anything about this game is awesome and never stops at any point being at least amazing. The supersharp visuals, the level design, the character movement, the story, the actors, and the list of awesomeness just goes on and on!!! even the hated scripted events are truly great in this game. This is one of those titles, where the developers didnt made any shortcuts, they even made the collectibles awesome!! All I can say without getting into details, that it was an experience that I never had before during my gamer times. play it.. Its a shame that the replay value is a bit small, but other than that, holy mother of GOD! Expand
  41. Jul 12, 2014
    One of the best games ever. The best Uncharted game so far. The graphics are good. Voice acting and the characters are great. The music is incredible. Perfect for those points where it sounds, especially the Chinese and Tibetan musical instruments bring great atmosphere. The scenery is memorable and brilliant level design. The story is very good and emotional. I would immediately start theOne of the best games ever. The best Uncharted game so far. The graphics are good. Voice acting and the characters are great. The music is incredible. Perfect for those points where it sounds, especially the Chinese and Tibetan musical instruments bring great atmosphere. The scenery is memorable and brilliant level design. The story is very good and emotional. I would immediately start the game again successfully. Humor to be found, but not too much. In addition, this is also a very nice multiplayer game. Finally, it is said that all PS3 owners will be forced to experience this. Expand
  42. Jul 11, 2014
    This game was really very poor compared to Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 - which were great. The locations in this game are dull and boring, and the story is poorly written, probably because Sully is more or less not in the game.
    The free-running really sucks in this particular game, and combat is very unrealistic.
  43. Jul 8, 2014
    This was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you'reThis was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you're playing an action movie, and I loved every minute of it. The action sequences tie in perfectly with the gameplay. And as soon as I beat it, I started over. Expand
  44. Jun 30, 2014
    Great graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was aGreat graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was a bit of a letdown for me and occasionally the constant cover shooting felt a little repetitive but that's just me being picky. Generally this is some of the best fun that can be had playing a video game! Expand
  45. Jun 28, 2014
    I hate this entire series. It has a garbage cliche story, crappy combat, and out dated textures and graphics for 2009! The graphic aren't even that great in my opinion. This game over uses QuickTime events and mediocre puzzles. This is just a garbage excuse for an action adventure game.
  46. Jun 21, 2014
    98/100: The second game in the Uncharted franchise is even more fantastic than the great first Uncharted game. The puzzles in the game are fun and not too easy, the combat system works great and the storyline is fantastic. Even though the graphics aren't stunning, the game looks wonderful. Naughty Dog did a great job with Uncharted 2!
  47. Jun 4, 2014
    Love this game, honestly the best game on the PS3 on it's entire life cycle and possibly the best game ever made. Great storyline and gameplay. 10/10.
  48. May 28, 2014
    Uncharted 2 has lived up to its reputation. Me and my brother both played it and we were awestruck at the intensity this game made us feel. Naughty Dog you have seriously captured the soul of the gamer. The gameplay was smooth as hell and the story line was awesome. A must buy for very ps3 gamer :) !!
  49. May 23, 2014
    this game is loved for the same reason we love legend of Zelda. It gives an immersive and thrilling sense of adventure unlike no other game. the narrative and story telling in this game is revolutionary, the game design is beautiful, and the story and plot is gripping. the gameplay is the only hiccup that keeps this game from being a ten. don't get me wrong, the gameplay is a lot of fun,this game is loved for the same reason we love legend of Zelda. It gives an immersive and thrilling sense of adventure unlike no other game. the narrative and story telling in this game is revolutionary, the game design is beautiful, and the story and plot is gripping. the gameplay is the only hiccup that keeps this game from being a ten. don't get me wrong, the gameplay is a lot of fun, climbing buildings and mountains while barely hanging on by your fingertips makes this game so much fun, but the combat is somewhat mediocre. its not bad in any way, infact I really enjoy the little things like the blind fire being pretty inaccurate and how the melee combat feels so natural and how both those things make Nathan drake feel human and relatable and not some indestructible bullet tanking machine that you see in every other game, but besides that its the least interesting part of the game. some of the shoot outs feel like they drag on because its just not all that fun to shoot people in this game, it is fun though to try to be stealthy and take everyone out splinter cell style, but I wish the shooting people part of the game was more up to par with the rest of the game. that's my only gripe though, and I can see how xbox fans wouldn't like this game since xbox exclusives souly evolve around shooting like halo and gears of war, and I think that's the biggest difference between playstation fans and xbox fans. xbox is for guys who like playing shooters and going online, while playstation fans like games that have more depth than that. not saying one is better than the other, but if your a playstation fan, this is a must play game that I am sad to admit I put off for way to long just recently finished the gam :) Expand
  50. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's third masterpiece. It's set pieces are even better than the last installment, the performances are strong, the graphics are beautiful, and the story is much more compelling.
  51. May 2, 2014
    Save yourself some cash and watch an Indiana Jones movie while holding a controller. Any one of them will do, even that turd with Shia LeBeouf. You will get better story, characters and gameplay. Plus you'll save yourself about 10 hours you can sink into something more fun, like staring at a wall. If it's on VHS Uncharted may have it in the graphics department, but that is about it.
  52. Apr 10, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play. Even The Last of Us cannot claim the top spot against a game like Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog, often characterised by its incomparable voice acting and mesmerising graphics, does not fail to impress. The whole game screams professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship. I would find it extremely difficult to fault this game.
  53. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for allThis is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for all action-adventure/third-person-shooter fans. Expand
  54. Mar 31, 2014
    I'll get this out of the way right now: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the game that made me want to persue video game journalisim. In other words, its one of my favorite games of all time. PERIOD. I could justify why I think so, but I think you guys already know. But f**k it i'll talk.

The game starts of with a cliffhanger. Literatly. The protagonist Nathan Drake is broken and beaten, on the verge of death while inside a train hanging of a cliff by a thread. The 5 minute intro is as exlierating as the entire game, and boy did it get my blood pumping. Drake teams up with a couple of his old buddies to look for Marco Polos lost treasure. And with that, the epic game takes off.

The story never dissapoints and the acting is top notch. Nolan North takes his role as Nathan Drake again, and shows off some of the best acting i've seen from a game. The chemistry with the rest of the cast is charming and heart warming, and uncomfortable when it needs to be.

When it comes to the graphics, Uncharted yet again, is the best. Perfectly polished enviorments breathing with life (or lack there of). Colours are vibrant and pop out and the character animations are almost life like. With some great sound design and what may have the best modern theme song in a video game, Uncharted 2 is absouletley perfect in its presentaion.

The gameplay is very simple, however it is never repetitive and always surprising. Theres 3 main gameplay components the work together nicley: Combat, climbing and puzzle solving. Combat is basically a third person cover system where you simply run around and shoot enemies attempting to beat you to the treasure. Theres also a hand to hand combat system, that works much better then it did in its predecessor. Theres nothing ultimatley wrong with the combat, in fact the simplicity of it benfits the game, focusing on the action more then strategy.

Climbing and traversing is very easy and satisfying: especially when climbing the tallest of buildings if foreign countries. The puzzles in the game, although there are fewer then there were in the previous games, there much larger in scale and much more epic. I was never really stumped enough to the point of frustration, but they do provide a nice distraction from the usual run and gun.

I could go on for hours talking about how perfect Uncharted 2 is, but ill just say this. Uncharted 2 is perfect. SURPRISE. I may be a fan boy, but even after a formal evalutation theres simply no arguing that this, not only helped shape the generation of the PS3 and the future that is yet to come, but it simply is a fantastic expierence, and most definatley The Bathroom Gamers GOTY of 2009.
  55. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is possibly the best action game ever created for consoles. This was truly a step forward for action games, and Naughty Dog couldn't surpass it with Uncharted 3. This game has some incredible aspects that are rare in games today, which is why it's such a gem among Playstation gamers.
    Pros: -Voice Acting (The performances by both Sully and Nathan's voice actors have only been surpassed by Troy Baker in The Last of Us)
    -Story (A very intriguing story that combines fantasy with realism)
    -Gameplay (Very smooth controls, and some awesome action sequences)
    -Tech (Very few graphical hiccups and glitches)
    Cons: -Difficulty (Even an action game veteran will have difficulties playing this game on very easy, due to some poor level design choices and cheap 'difficult' sections that frustrate rather than challenge)
    Overall, this game is an incredible gem that's already a classic. If you own a PS3 and haven't yet played this, you're missing out on a spectacular demonstration of dedicated video game developers, and one of the greatest modern action games to ever release.
  56. Mar 17, 2014
    This game has very good scripted action sequences. Few games have done better. But There is only about 3 of them and the rest of the gameplay isn't really all that great. The platforming is bland, the shooting mechanics are off, and the stealth mechanics are downright awful. Not worth it.
  57. Feb 23, 2014
    If Drake's Fortune was the setup, this game is the payoff. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece in every aspect. The writing and performances are smart and snapy, the graphics are amazing, and the story is much more compelling than the first installment.
  58. Feb 7, 2014
    Definitely the best in series as there's still enough gameplay mixed in with all the interactive movie gubbings that Naughty Dog love. This is the one they got right, but I still find the series quite over rated. Still recommend this
  59. Jan 27, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is certainly one of the best games available on the ps3. The whole Uncharted series is great and technically you would probably have to say that Uncharted 2 is the best one so far. That said I give it the same rating as Uncharted Drake's Fortune (i.e. the first Uncharted game). I have yet to finish the 3rd one in the series although I have recently purchased it.

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 2 is a great game right from the start. In terms of how it plays, it is more of the same - third person shooting system, same cover system, some light puzzles and plenty of exploration and climbing. Again the scenery and graphics are amazing, although less green surroundings (as in Uncharted 1) and more variety such as in towns, in snow and the like. Again the scenery and graphics really add to the experience. The usual characters are back and some new characters introduced. All of the characters are great and it is once again a well driven story game. U2 did introduce a multiplayer element which initially worried me. However it does not detract from the single player game at all. I have not played the multiplayer much but it certainly is decent. I buy U2 to play the single player more than anything and it was very enjoyable. I would say some very memorable moments, like on the moving train. It is like a blockbuster movie in places. Seemed to be quite a bit longer than the first Uncharted with more Chapters, certainly took me longer to complete.

Again not many negatives or things that could be seen as negative about this game. It follows a set path as a story driven game and is not "open world" - however this is more about the genre and not a negative for the game itself.

U2 implemented more stealth elements, certain parts of the game can be played through without being seen. Personally I like stealth games so I enjoyed this addition. Everything is bigger and more dramatic than the first Uncharted. However while some people put U2 as the best in the series, I find it difficult to choose between the first 2 so far. Both great games and I am sure the 3rd is great too (yet to complete it/review it).

Lets hope this series continues on the ps4. It has been one of the reasons to get a ps3 for me. Well worth playing.

Overall 8.9/10 (rounded to 9/10)
  60. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game.
  61. Jan 22, 2014
    The graphics, gameplay, story are all top notch. This is not only one of the greatest games on the PS3, it's one of the greatest in all of gaming history.
  62. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  63. Jan 17, 2014
    This game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and isThis game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and is great on your own or with friends. This is one of those rare games that don't come so often and never gets old from unlocking skins and special in game content for story mode to an epic story mode with great voice over you can't go wrong with buying this game. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is a great experiences for any gamer out there! Expand
  64. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 does a great homage for the most popular action-adventure films out there like the Indiana Jones movies. The cinematics are very well done, with tons of detail on the graphics, great music score (especially the Main Theme) and great characters that made up this game. Unlike The Last of Us, where the pace is extremely slow, this game has a ton of action, involving shooting, fist fights and parkour, all blended in with explosions and funny humor, including some puzzle solving. Unfortunately, there are some things that break immersion: it seems more plot driven than character driven, as I felt that there was almost no moment where I feel a connection with the characters, not even Nathan Drake himself. There are moments in the story that made no sense, and Chloe Frazer, Nathan´s new girlfriend, was highly unlikable, because even though I don´t have problem with people who are just themselves, she has an unstable change of personality: she´s good, she´s bad, she´s good, she´s bad, for no apparent reason! Also, in the gameplay, there´s an excessive amount of enemies, and I find it illogical: it seemed that Lazaravich, the antagonist, who is considered to be a major criminal who kills, mutilates and disrupts innocent people, had the entire Russian Army with him. And while the shooting mechanics gets the job done, the melee combat was highly ineffective, as Nathan is somewhat slow to land a single hit. But the biggest flaw is the fact that Nathan kills a thousand enemies like some sort of killing machine, and that may detract the player from the experience. And where the hell is Victor Sullivan?! I think he was the funniest of all the characters here, with the most awesome voice so far, and he doesn´t appear a lot in the game! For the rest of the game, I enjoyed it a lot, especially the boarding train sequence, as it shows a great example of how Naughty Dog handles its technology for epicness. The multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I played a lot of competitive matches. Now, even with the excessive waves and waves of enemies, I found it to be a decent experience overall. Expand
  65. Jan 9, 2014
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado excelente historia buenas gráficas su jugabilidad es excelente lo único malo es tener que gastar muchas balas para matar a alguien pero este juego es mejor que el anterior
  66. Jan 3, 2014
    Tis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. TheTis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. The multiplayer offered a wide range of games and offers a different type of play. There are also Co-op 3 person survival that tags along with different game modes. Uncharted 2 is a grand success for Naughty Dog, and is a genuine outstanding game. U2 is currently the ninth best-ranked game of all time on game-rankings (I'm pretty sure) and for me is no doubt one of the top 5 best games this generation. This game has been called a "masterpiece" because it is and will no doubly be called that for generations to come. Expand
  67. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just aOne of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just a very well made shooter, there's no angle, nothing new or original, nothing to draw me in.
    For some reason this game gets better reviews then the first one. I don't understand why, not much has changed.
  68. Dec 13, 2013
    The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen.The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen. It still takes the player from A to B and asks few questions of any kind, but there is so much spectacle you can't call it a bad time. The middle section of the game is amazing. The last hour is a bit lackluster, when the game really tests your concentration by spamming enemies so the tempo slows down and you get a bit bored, but even the most difficult parts should be manageable in a few tries on easy mode. All in all, I finished single player in around 10 hours. It left me satisfied, and feeling like I'd just been on a long roller coaster ride. I would have liked more (elaborate) puzzles, more ingenuity, wider use of the physics so impressively mastered in some sequences. It's also soo easy for a seasoned gamer like me to pick out the 'inspirations' for the game. It's all seen before. Whether in Tomb Raider, Gears of War, etc etc. I didn't get very immersed or involved in the story either, since the gameplay had little to do with the plot and I felt like Nathan Drake was a monster rather than a hero... it was like "plot in a clip, pause clip/plot to have meaningless violence or simple navigation, then further plot, then pause". Not very creative in terms of pushing the medium's mechanics forward. Expand
  69. Dec 13, 2013
    I feel as though I've missed something. While the production values of the game were certainly stunning, the gameplay and narrative seemed very stale and uninspiring. Both the platforming and the shooting mechanics felt clunky and stiff. Also, having played open world climbing platformers like Assassin's Creed it was a real bummer to see how linear the game's environments were. TheI feel as though I've missed something. While the production values of the game were certainly stunning, the gameplay and narrative seemed very stale and uninspiring. Both the platforming and the shooting mechanics felt clunky and stiff. Also, having played open world climbing platformers like Assassin's Creed it was a real bummer to see how linear the game's environments were. The developers built only a single path through every level making for a very predictable and frankly boring experience. Honestly, I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Also, it has one of the most disappointing and horribly annoying boss fights in video game history. This game has made me very hesitant to play The Last of Us. Expand
  70. Dec 12, 2013
    Perhaps if I had played it back in 2009 I would have given it a better score, but it's 2013 and after playing Tomb Raider on PC with 3D Vision and Full HD, Uncharted 2 on PS3 seems just mediocre. I loved various scenery, the plot was ok, but repeatable tasks like giving someone a boost or climbing, which is not half as enjoyable as in Assassin's Creed series, make this game a bore. IPerhaps if I had played it back in 2009 I would have given it a better score, but it's 2013 and after playing Tomb Raider on PC with 3D Vision and Full HD, Uncharted 2 on PS3 seems just mediocre. I loved various scenery, the plot was ok, but repeatable tasks like giving someone a boost or climbing, which is not half as enjoyable as in Assassin's Creed series, make this game a bore. I would have enjoyed it more if it had been shorter and published on PC with mouse support.
    All in all, I regret buying it and I will definitely skip the next part.
  71. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best game in my opinion everything in this game is perfect the story, the gun fights, the adventure, the graphics, the cut scenes feel like a movie and on crushing the game can be very challenging too
  72. Dec 5, 2013
    awesome really awesome very good gameplay and a good story as well
    character development is awesome as well really no bad things at all in this game it's one of the best ps3 game's so far and i would certainly advise it
    +:aweosme gamepaly
    +:nice story
    +:cool weapons
    +:awesome landscape
    +:character development is good as well
    -:load times
  73. Dec 4, 2013
    My favorite game of all time. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is not only the GOTY but is a reminder of what Action Adventure games should be.
    Uncharted 2 has a superb story and it never leaves you astray to what the goals really are. All of the main characters are returning from the previous game and a quite a few new characters and of course a new antagonist. The game uses new and better reasons for the previous characters for returning in this game, and you never really get too little of any of them. Nor do they ever get annoying.
    Gameplay is more snappy and less limited to Uncharted Drakes fortune where you couldn't do much except run, jump and shoot. But they added more guns and better cover mechanics with a constant framerate. they have also added a minor stealth mechanic that lets you go through enemies stealthily. The action never lets up for too long in this game and it keeps you at the edge of your seat from beginning to end.
    Graphics are some of the best consoles have to offer. With explosions and train wrecks keeping a constant framerate. Facial animations are the best I have ever seen. Also new environments such as a Jungle, a war riddled city in Nepal, and snowy mountains. The graphics keep these environments feeling alive.
    I didn't really go too deep in to the game on this review, if i did i would exceed the 5000 character limit. I didn't even mention anything about the addictive multiplayer or the snow effects and touching moments this game has to offer. Just know that this game literally CANNOT get ANY better.
    BUY THIS GAME AND PLAY IT 7 TIMES!!!
  74. Dec 2, 2013
    Naughty Dog is my favourite as well as Uncharted 2. This game is just perfect to me. I got to say something to someone who doesn't know if buy this or Uncharted 3: Buy this one, because i think you will like better the FIRST of these two you play. I mean, if you play Uncharted 2 and then Uncharted 3, you will prefer U2.
    This is the best game of this gen, along side with The Last Of Us and GTA V.
  75. Nov 24, 2013
    Great looking game, AWESOME story-telling and great gameplay. Definitely one of the best adventure games ever made, buy uncharted 2, it IS going to be a well spent money.
  76. Nov 24, 2013
    I never played the first one, but I thought this game was worth a try and it was.
    I enjoyed almost all of it except the darn puzzles, hopefully though they will consider continuing this on the ps4. It can be very difficult sometimes even on easy. This is a [Must buy]
  77. Nov 22, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best game i ever played this gen. it took a massive jump from its precedors in terms of graphics, game play and story. was completely moved after completing it. this game represented PS3 power. deserves 10/10 truly a masterpiece. the best in uncharted series and has great relayable value and multiplayer rocks!!! eagerly waiting for the latest installmentUncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best game i ever played this gen. it took a massive jump from its precedors in terms of graphics, game play and story. was completely moved after completing it. this game represented PS3 power. deserves 10/10 truly a masterpiece. the best in uncharted series and has great relayable value and multiplayer rocks!!! eagerly waiting for the latest installment in uncharted series "Uncharted 4" Expand
  78. Nov 21, 2013
    Uncharted 2 for me this is the best Uncharted ever made and it is an good revolution i simply love this game.The best exclusive for ps3,perhaps an remarkable game in this generation.
  79. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3, solo superado por su tercera entrega, la que forma la trilogía, la verdad, es un juegazo, tanto en la trama como en la jugabilidad, diversión, enganche, gráficos, sonido, innovación, le gana en todo a la primera entrega aplastando muchos juegos de este mismo genero, no conozco aun un juego de semejantes características y deUn juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3, solo superado por su tercera entrega, la que forma la trilogía, la verdad, es un juegazo, tanto en la trama como en la jugabilidad, diversión, enganche, gráficos, sonido, innovación, le gana en todo a la primera entrega aplastando muchos juegos de este mismo genero, no conozco aun un juego de semejantes características y de inigualable nivel (excepto el 3) Expand
  80. Nov 17, 2013
    Fantastic story, soundtrack, characters, combat, jumping. Better than the first one. Actually it seems like this game is the same as the first one. But better in every way. So the only one thing that why this is a 9 instead of a ten because it didn't show anything new. Just perfected the good old mechanisms and storyline. One word: EPIC!
  81. Nov 13, 2013
    Quite possibly the best PlayStation 3 game to date. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on everything from the original, Drake's Fortune, marrying fun gameplay with impressive cinematic moments.
  82. Nov 10, 2013
    this is probably the best game of the series perfect game play perfect story perfect everything best series ever made the on play station i will buy the ps4 just in hope that they make a fourth one
  83. Oct 11, 2013
    This is not only the ultimate PS3 game. Not only the ultimate game of 2009. Not only an ultimate turning point for the PS3. This is also ONE of the ULTIMATE games of all time. Uncharted 2 pushes the boundaries to do what no one expected to do. That is being the ultimate blockbuster that any gamer would want to experience. From being in some of the craziest action sequences any one couldn'tThis is not only the ultimate PS3 game. Not only the ultimate game of 2009. Not only an ultimate turning point for the PS3. This is also ONE of the ULTIMATE games of all time. Uncharted 2 pushes the boundaries to do what no one expected to do. That is being the ultimate blockbuster that any gamer would want to experience. From being in some of the craziest action sequences any one couldn't expected (For example: One scene involves a huge fight in a train, meanwhile another involves running through a mass destruction of buildings, while being chased by a chopper.) to shocking plot twists/turns and watching many of the best cutscenes anyone could imagine watching, Uncharted 2 has it all. Nate's insane journey throughout Asia for the search of Marco Polo's lost fleet is one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever played in gaming and it doesn't even falter out. Thanks to Uncharted 2 (also thanks to the multiplayer elements, as well), I can't even stop getting my hands off the smooth Dualshock, and can't stop wishing to buy more games to play on the PS3. By the time the 7th generation of gaming ends, you will hear multiple critics talking about Uncharted 2 in their "best-games-of-generation" lists, because of the huge impact it had on gaming and to those who played it. Before the 8th generation comes, I would do a second run of Uncharted 2's single-player mode, because the main formula has been brilliantly executed and it couldn't get any better. Naughty Dog, the game is the main reason why you are one of the most talented gaming storytellers anyone has ever encountered.

WARNING: Do not listen to those who give Uncharted 2 bad reviews. Them are under the control of Microsoft's Xbox 360, and do not understand that the PS3 has some of the greatest line-ups in the history of gaming.
  84. Oct 11, 2013
    The only game better than Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is The Last Of Us. It is perhaps the greatest sequel of all time (honorable mention Mass Effect 2), it takes the Uncharted series to the next level in every single department. Better graphics, better characters, better game play and better action.

With many sequels they often disappoint, especially if they are following great

With many sequels they often disappoint, especially if they are following great predecessors, but Uncharted 2 was far from being a let down, it simply blew the first one out of the water. After replaying both games, there is certainly a difference, the second game feels much better and more natural. The main antagonist Zoran Lazarević provides a excellent performance as he and Nathan Drake race to find the lost city of Shambhala. The introduction of Chloe Frazer provides an interesting dilemma for gamers, do they prefer Elena, the good girl with the right morals or Chloe, the sexy teasing yet interesting character and whether or they go better with Drake.

All I can say is if you have not played this game (or the first) you simply have to give it a go, Uncharted 2 is in my Top 5 best games I have ever played because it is that good. And it without a doubt one of the best games of the generation.

10/10 INCREDIBLE
  85. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 delivers a cinematic gaming experience. A typical story paired with great gameplay and characters makes one great game. I just wish they didn't go with the mystical direction like the first one did. Still, it's a great game and I'd say it earned its spot nicely as GOTY in the year it was released. Expand
  86. Oct 10, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the best game that I have played on the PS3. The single player campaign is absolutely brilliant from start to finish and immediately grabs you from its brilliant opening sequence to the end credits. The game feels very much like a great adventure movie with likeable characters who try to survive various hectic situations in beautiful parts of the world.Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the best game that I have played on the PS3. The single player campaign is absolutely brilliant from start to finish and immediately grabs you from its brilliant opening sequence to the end credits. The game feels very much like a great adventure movie with likeable characters who try to survive various hectic situations in beautiful parts of the world. Everything about this game screams quality. Gorgeous graphics, convincing voiceover, and great, although not revolutionary, gameplay. Uncharted 2 will stun you and make you want to play it non-stop until the credits roll. For me this second part was even more memorable than its predecessor, which is also a brilliant game. This game alone is worth buying a PS3! Expand
  87. Oct 10, 2013
    Even after playing Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 is stil the best game by Naughtydog and it is still my favorite game. Tons of gameplay, massive amount of gun fights, fun platforming, funny characters, interesting story, a clever script, flawless voice acting, fun multiplayer, excellent soundtrack and amazing graphics. This game has it all for me, and it feels like a movieEven after playing Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 is stil the best game by Naughtydog and it is still my favorite game. Tons of gameplay, massive amount of gun fights, fun platforming, funny characters, interesting story, a clever script, flawless voice acting, fun multiplayer, excellent soundtrack and amazing graphics. This game has it all for me, and it feels like a movie without being weighed down with constant use of interactive cutscenes like Heavy Rain. Expand
  88. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is one of the best games ive ever played its a masterpiece from start to finish and i advise everyone to get this game the graphics are incredible and and stylish the gameplay is perfect and the story keeps you coming back for more even if you finished it before the game lasts 10-15 hours depending on how you play which is always a good reason to come back and try it so theThis game is one of the best games ive ever played its a masterpiece from start to finish and i advise everyone to get this game the graphics are incredible and and stylish the gameplay is perfect and the story keeps you coming back for more even if you finished it before the game lasts 10-15 hours depending on how you play which is always a good reason to come back and try it so the bottom line is this is one of the best (if not the best ps3 titles to date and and is still the benchmark for action/adventure tiles. Expand
  89. Sep 28, 2013
    "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" cruzó los límites, ¡Qué manera de mejorar un juego de esa forma, todo lo que tiene la primera entrega triplicado en la secuela sin perder el tono cinematográfico de Naughty Dog! Sin duda alguna, tuve suerte de comprar la PlayStation 3 y convertir este juego en el primer título que compré para la consola. Un juego bellísimo y excepcional, espectacular desde la"Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" cruzó los límites, ¡Qué manera de mejorar un juego de esa forma, todo lo que tiene la primera entrega triplicado en la secuela sin perder el tono cinematográfico de Naughty Dog! Sin duda alguna, tuve suerte de comprar la PlayStation 3 y convertir este juego en el primer título que compré para la consola. Un juego bellísimo y excepcional, espectacular desde la "e" hasta la "r". Un magnífico título que tiene bien merecido el Premio VGA a la categoría de Mejor Juego del año 2009. "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" es pura pasión, acción, emoción y aventura para el espectador general. Expand
  90. Sep 25, 2013
    This game fixed the problems with the first one. the mechanics and puzzles are better, there's a wider variety of guns and the overall experience is more complete. Also, the difficulty has been taken down a little bit (comparing the hardest difficulty settings from both games). The multiplayer works really nice and is actually a lot of fun. the only criticizable thing about this game isThis game fixed the problems with the first one. the mechanics and puzzles are better, there's a wider variety of guns and the overall experience is more complete. Also, the difficulty has been taken down a little bit (comparing the hardest difficulty settings from both games). The multiplayer works really nice and is actually a lot of fun. the only criticizable thing about this game is the story. it makes sense and its well presented, but it is shallow like any action film. Expand
  91. Sep 18, 2013
    this games is one of the most amazing I have played in my life, definitely in my top 5, my mind was freaking blown, it is really one of the best games you can buy, so if you haven't played it... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? DO IT NOW!!!
  92. Sep 16, 2013
    Another great classic game from the Uncharted Series. This was my favourite from the 3 and certainly one of the all-time best playstation games. Nothing less than a 10 for this marvellous experience I had playing the single-player
  93. Sep 6, 2013
    I freaking love this game so much! My favorite game I ever played so far this year! Everything about this game has great game-play action, simple story, good set-ups, and some crisp and clean graphics that were handled extremely well.
  94. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is for me the best. Is long, the scenarios are fantastics and the game is not do hard, but is amazing. Naughty Dog outdid with this game. This game is much better than the third
  95. Aug 22, 2013
    After First Uncharted everybody thinks it can't be better game, but they were wrong. Uncharted 2 is the best game ever next to The Last Of Us. I love this game.
  96. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and as such I had to buy this game. Even better than the first one, and something that I have, and will be, returning to several times. A great game and great story. However, it is a bit like the first one, which is good as well as bad. Anyway, great game and a real classic!!!
  97. Jul 30, 2013
    Amazing game, outstanding graphics and a good story will keep you chain to the console for a long time. I really enjoyed the game and would recommend to anyone.
  98. Jul 28, 2013
    It is better then its prequel but still nothing outstanding. Some scenes really seem to be from an action movie, but it struggles to maintain the cinema feeling. Design is awesome, shamballa really looks beautiful and also the soundtrack succeds.
  99. Jul 26, 2013
    Naughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, andNaughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, and genuine humor. Gunplay still isn't the tightest thing in the world but it feels alright once you get the hang of it. Developer Naughty Dog really shows off what the PS3 is capable of in the graphics department. Truly this game looks just as good, and sometimes better, than games that are coming out this year (2013)! The game has multiplayer this time around, and just like the campaign it is also fantastic. Most of the objective modes have been abandoned, but you can still find Deathmatches and co-op games. Truly Uncharted 2 is one of the PS3's most treasured titles, and for good reason, it not only manages to best its predecessor but also manages to best most of the PS3 exclusives out there. If you enjoyed the first Uncharted then prepare to love Among Thieves. Naughty Dog truly knows how to work the PS3 and has firmly cemented itself as one of the go to developers for quality games. This is worth every second of your time and I HIGHLY recommend it. Expand
  100. Jul 24, 2013
    The problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bulletThe problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bullet sponges can become magnified. Anyone that has played Naughty Dog’s zombie epic The Last of Us will immediately be stuck by the lower quality graphics as well.

Having said all that, this is still without doubt a quality title. The characters are more likable than the usual video game protagonists and the fast paced gameplay features a good mix of shooting, spectacular climbs and puzzles. The sheer spectacle of Drake’s adventure will also ensure that most players are be able to overlook the aforementioned flaws and be swept along for what is a pretty entertaining ride that clocks in at a decent 15 hours or so in length.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.