• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.7

1. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny. Masterpiece! Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    Simple and short... Best game on the PS3 Pro's and cons: Pro: stellar graphics, gameplay, voice acting, multiplayer, single player, story telling, and pacing... cons:..... A 2 year wait for a sequel;P
  3. Sep 19, 2011
    The very main reason I got a PS3. Immersive, heart pounding, action packed and ridiculously over-the-top. A game that I think is a good enough reason why the PS3 is a great console. The story is so good that it could just pass by as a blockbuster movie and the characters are so human that it feels like you have met them some time in your life. If you have a Playstation 3, you have to get it.
  4. Sep 18, 2011
    This game is one of the best games I've EVER played. The single player is very fun and maybe even a little bit addicting. I can guarantee you that this game will not be a disappointment. Playing the single player on Normal is just pure awesomeness and the multiplayer isn't bad either; it has several good weapons to use and a bunch of maps with exotic details on them. If you own a PS3 then this is a game that you should definitely get. Expand
  5. Sep 16, 2011
    It's been long time of thinking about rate of this game. But after 100 hours in multiplayer and 40 hours in single mode, i have to give perfect score. There's no other game that i played all 3 times. Did i say something about graphics? No, because there's more important things - thrilling qte's and perfect music.
  6. Sep 15, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was brilliant but Uncharted2:Among thieves is whole lot more brilliant and then some.
    Surpassed even my highest of expectations and will go down as one of the greatest games ever made.period.
  7. Sep 1, 2011
    Fantastic game. One of the best shooters/action games I've played. Even better than the first. The characters are great, the story is great, the only complaint I had was that I wished there was more levels!
  8. Sep 1, 2011
    At this point, what is there that be said about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that hasn't been said already? It's fun, immersive, beautiful, amazing, the list goes on and on. From the very beginning -- even before we see our hero Nathan Drake -- the game grabs our attention by presenting us a quote from famous Italian explorer Marco Polo, "I did not tell have what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed." From that very moment, and every moment after, the game's storyline, one if it's biggest attributes, never let's you go. But a story isn't much without the cast that carries it and Uncharted 2 does not disappoint. The dialog between the characters is always entertaining and cutscenes are always a joy to watch. The perfectly written, funny conversations between protagonist Nathan Drake and his mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan -- which mostly happen in-game so you can actually be doing rather than sitting and watching -- is truly something we haven't seen before, or since, in a video game.

But the one thing that makes this game truly great is it's ability to keep you playing, and even when you're not playing, you want to be. The tight controls are really something to be loved. Moving from cover-to-cover is always percise and responsive and you'll always end up behind the object you intended to use for cover, but at the same time, you never feel "glued" to a certain piece of cover making traversal across cover when enemies are storming from all angles feel intense and enjoyable rather then tedious and frustrating. I cannot stress enough is how great the pacing is for the gameplay, you won't feel like you been playing the duck and cover, cat and mouse game for too long because the game breaks up platforming and combat perfectly. One of the things that makes Uncharted 2 so amazing is that it's never boring, every moment, be it Nathan Drake escaping a train about to fall off the edge of a mountain, stealthily breaking into an art museum, blowing-up an enemy compound, exploring ancient ruins, fighting a helicopter while moving across rooftops of Nepal, taking down enemies while atop a train rushing across the side of a snowy mountain, jumping from truck-to-truck as they in hopes of not getting of not getting killed by RPGs, trying to destroy a military tank as it terrorizes a peaceful Tebitan village while nimbly avoiding death.

Take everything that I've mentioned above, mix it with some of the most beautiful graphics in the industry, the best voice-acting found anywhere, a stellar soundtrack, intense competitive online multiplayer and you have, not only the best games of 2009, or even this generation, but one of the best games ever. Period.

When it comes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, it's a class all by itself.
  9. Aug 28, 2011
    I can't say this game was as good as the first one but it was still a great game. Again the story was fun and really sucked you in. The returning characters were awesome with a few good additions and overall the game was addicting and just fun. Well worth the money.
  10. Aug 27, 2011
    Xbox fan boys please cry more and you giving the game zeros will not change the fact that it's one of the best action adventure games ever.Truly a must have for all PS3 owners, and those who don't have a PS3, get one just for uncharted 1,2, and 3.
  11. Aug 25, 2011
    A great story told extremely well, there are even some funny bits. Pretty basic gameplay but still a very fun game. More of the same awesomeness as the first Uncharted.
  12. Aug 19, 2011
    Truly the best game I've ever played.Every aspect of the game is so polished, it's mindblowing.The witty dialog, the fleshed-out characters, the beautiful graphics, the great music, the varied scenarios and situations, the beautiful graphics, the perfect and coherent animation, the awesome and cinematic set-pieces; etc.The gameplay with it's exemplary intuitive button configuration, it's a mixture of platform games and 3rd person shooters.Everything works and feels perfect with no framerate drops or technical hiccups to speak of.The lenght of the game is pretty good, i.e. long.But the most important thing of all, it's that's great fun and addictive.Highly recommended! Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2011
    still a great game! great replay value and cant wait for the 3rd installment to come out! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  14. Aug 15, 2011
    Game Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly the bomb and the first part overcame several times. Uncharted 2 is a genre king one hundred percent. In this game the story develops a lot of intricate and can not predict what will happen. Not to criticize the game because the game has done action cast shame and stealth elements fit perfectly there quietly kill the enemies you have the bonus weapon or grenade you have to select a stealth but it takes more time and the bosses for a few moments and you can use stealth all the time. It makes such a high rating . Collapse Expand
  15. Aug 11, 2011
    I dont know why people are comparing this game to gears, cause its nothing like it its on a league of its own. Graphics and gameplay are well done, sounds of the guns are the only turn down but that can easily be forgotten when playing the game really. Cover system is top notch unique gameplay when it comes to multiplayer. Not bad at all to think that naughty dogs first 3rd person shooter in multiplayer also really. great story telling memorable characters great multiplayer. its a 10/10 indeed. Expand
  16. Aug 8, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game. The graphics, gameplay, characters, sound, environments, art-style, story and pure epicness are all masterfully done which makes for one of the best, most memorable gaming experiences ever. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's as simple as that.
  17. Aug 8, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is simply one of the best games to come out this generation. I have given this game a perfect 10 because there are little to no faults with the game. The story is fantastic, with fleshed out characters plus great voice acting together with really fun gameplay. All this combined immerses you completely in the game. When I first got the game, I really enjoyed playing online as well although I have moved on since then. I just recently started playing the single player for a second time and I still think it is fantastic (I have completed it 3-4 time already). I am now really looking forward to Uncharted 3, which will have a hard time topping this game...but I have so much faith in Naughty Dog since I am almost certain they will not disappoint. This is a game everybody should have in their collection, without a doubt. Expand
  18. Aug 1, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves blew me away start to finish. The story was completely original and hugely engrossing, the graphics are definitely some of the best I have seen on any game ever, the characters are believable and compelling and the game can last for up-to 20 hours. This is the best PS3 game I have ever played, and probably one of the best games I will ever play on any console.
  19. Jul 30, 2011
    Only xbox360 fanboys say this game is bad. This is the best game on the consoles today. Perfect gameplay, perfect sounds, perfect music, perfect story and perfect graphic.
  20. Jul 27, 2011
    An absolutely incredible game, as if you needed me to explain that. One of the most exciting games ever, with a level of polish hitherto unknown in games, an intriguing story, an incredibly fun mix of gunplay and platforming with stunning set piece moments, Uncharted 2 has raised the bar for gaming.
  21. Jul 25, 2011
    I have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between this game and GOW is that while Gears is with out a doubt a good game, the story elements and character development are lacking extremely. This game is such a great package! You have a fantastic single player story, great competitive multiplayer, and a highly addictive co-op mode. I would never compare this game to anything....its a gem in its own right. Let Gears of War be what it is and let Uncharted 2 be what it is....they are both great gaming experiences, except one doesnt run off of the almost obsolete Unreal Engine. Expand
  22. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best single player campaigns in a shooter ever. Possibly the best PS3 game to date. Not to mention the online is very fun, though it could use a little work.
  23. Jul 11, 2011
    Beautiful. This game has a ridiculous amount of polish. Literally every moment is packed with action. It's one of those games that you buy a PS3 for.
  24. Jul 9, 2011
    Best game of this generation so far. Everything about it is great and tbh I just wanna boost rating because of idions that are giving it 1 and 2..........................
  25. Jul 8, 2011
    After I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprising good and is probably the premiere multiplayer shooter/platformer. This is an amazing game and DEFINITELY check this title out. Expand
  26. Jul 7, 2011
    Amazing game with my best score yet. AMAZING story and action sequences when the building started falling i was right on the edge of my seat, AMAZING multi-player AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING that's all I have got to say really so. peace off.
  27. Jul 3, 2011
    Superb opening, everything start in a Bang! ! . Those incredible moments are here and are mind blowing , the story is fantastic , the gunplay, not the best but is responsive. Other thatn that the platforming is an idea that Castlevania copy pasted and formed in a orignal way. so coooll experience.
  28. Jun 29, 2011
    I'll start off by saying that I did NOT play "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune".
    This game is essentially an interactive Indiana Jones movie. In the campaign mode, every thing is perfectly paced. There are plenty of gunfights, but never enough to exhaust you or bore you, the puzzles are accessible enough for anyone to figure out, yet challenging enough to give you that rewarding feeling of
    completion, and the controls are simple so that you can focus on what you're doing, as opposed to how you're supposed to do it. The graphics are arguably the best of any game on the PS3, and they run without any slowdown and with some very nice blurring effects. The online is just as good if not better than the campaign. If you've been playing COD a lot, then some adjustments will need to be made, but once you get used to it, it becomes a game that allows you to compete fairly with players of all caliburs. And, unlike COD, the "host migration" problem comes up VERY rarely (although, that may be because there are fewer players per match on Uncharted). WIth the price it's at now (about $30), it's a must buy. Expand
  29. Jun 28, 2011
    Hands down THE best PS3 game ever developed. Naughty Dog is SPOT on with everything a TRUE gamer wants! Uncharted 3 will once again take the stand as the best PS3 game when it comes out.
  30. Jun 21, 2011
    IS the game linear? Yes. Is it a bit too easy? yes, is it one hell of a ride? yes!
    This game is a 10/10 no questions about that at all, the story, excellent graphics, amazing passing really do make this a game to marvel at.
    Its good fun and a real showcase on what consoles can achieve when a developer really has some passion.
  31. Jun 19, 2011
    This is a truly amazing game that fully deserves the praise it has received. The gameplay is solid, easy to pick up. As for multiplayer, it outshines easily other TPS games like Gears. The graphics are indeed amazing, and this game doesn't copy Tomb Raider, it goes beyond it and reaches the hall of fame of TPS games.
  32. Jun 16, 2011
    The game is just unbelievably amazing. I never played a game that combined really good action with a superb voice casting, impressive environment (I love the part in Nepal) and a fascinating story. This is truly my favorite game!!!!!
  33. Jun 15, 2011
    The single player "story" mode is an expansion on the tried and true Uncharted: Drake's Fortune gameplay. For the most part, yes, you mostly climb stuff, and stare at the beautiful scenery that Naughty Dog has masterfully produced. The irony is that even though Uncharted is a platformer, not a shooter, it actually has more responsive and in depth shooting and combat mechanics than anything else on the market. However, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Log into the multiplayer, and you're in for the time of your life. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves contains one of the most well designed multiplayer modes available today. Yes, it is greater than anything that the "all-powerful" Xbox Live has to offer. With 10 players, in beautiful maps, you can partake in many of the typical multiplayer modes. The most impressive parts of the multiplayer are the facts that the maps aren't FLAT like in COD or Halo. Victory in the multiplayer relies upon the players' skill levels, not how long they've played or how many expansions that they had purchased, as in other shooters. This is no doubt one of the most complete packages that has been offered this generation. The only drawback is the repetitive single player mode, but that is soon forgotten as you step onto one of the most active online multiplayers on the PS3. At $20-$30 now for the game of the year edition, this game is no doubt worth the money for PS3 owners. Xbox 360 users who have gotten tired of Halo and Gears of War may even be convinced to get a PS3 for this reason. Congratulations, Naughty Dog. Expand
  34. Jun 14, 2011
    okay, the campaign isn't that good, but the multiplayer is AWESOME. it's like goldeneye 007 multiplayer, except even better. the only downside is that for some game modes, match making is unreliable.
  35. Jun 14, 2011
    Amazing game, story is excellent - well written and executed. Visuals are excellent too; some of the backdrops in this game are breath-taking. The gameplay varies well with great puzzle integration, combat and shooting elements. Well worth the purchase, and highly recommended.
  36. Jun 13, 2011
    Whilst not one of my favourite games,I cannot fault this game in any way.There is no better game that springs to mind, where the graphics,story,characters,audio and gameplay get better as the game continues.
    I think I can say that playing UC2 is like being actually able to play 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.Just Awesome.
  37. Jun 12, 2011
    Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me, helicopter, you're nothing to me, I'm the man!". No, he says "No way!"or "What about a break? Can't you guys see the helicopter!" (The helicopter is trying to kill him) He feels real, so everyone who says this is like Gears of War are wrong. This is Uncharted. Expand
  38. Jun 10, 2011
    For everyone complaining about the controls, i have never had a problem with it. This game has one of the best stories ever. It has amazing graphics, and it has amazing controls, it is super fun to play and has almost no flaws. Its the best game ever!
  39. Jun 10, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games I have ever played. Awesome story, fluid animations, gorgeous environments and movie-like gameplay make this a game no PS3 owner should ever miss.
  40. Jun 8, 2011
    Incredible. Graphically brilliant, technically sound, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Uncharted 2 exceeds the first game in this series by leaps and bounds. This game's greatest triumph, I feel, is its level design. Every chapter provides a completely different experience, and this keeps the campaign from becoming dull. In addition to this, the puzzles in this Uncharted 2 were a perfect balance of fun and challenge. Each puzzle sequence took a decent amount of thought to complete, yet the developers weren't so heartless as to force you to consult an online walkthrough. The multiplayer mode in Uncharted 2 is well designed, but it doesn't prove to be quite as enjoyable as the single player campaign. A minor annoyance found in this game lies in the controls. More specifically, when you are attempting to crouch behind an obstacle to avoid enemy fire, Drake will often simply roll into the object and stand back up again, happily allowing bullets to decorate his face. Despite this, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a masterpiece, and is certainly deserving of the title, "Game of the Year". Expand
  41. Jun 2, 2011
    I think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and the results are spectacular. You feel drawn to look at the scenery, when on top of a building for example, and everything looks so crystal clear, almost even prettier than real life. You really do feel like you're going on an adventure with the lead character: Nathan Drake, and I think he's a character we could possibly all relate too, as he's really just an average guy doing amazing and interesting things. Anyhow, if you still haven't bought this, and you have a PS3, then what's going on? This is something that every PS3 owner should play. And if you don't have a PS3, well then this is the game that should tempt you to buy one. Truly an amazing game. Expand
  42. May 31, 2011
    This is by far the best example of a game making a movie like experience. The gameplay is amazing the cinematic's are superb and this and the first uncharted is the only game I've had where I had people wanting to watch me play for the amazing story behind this epic game
  43. May 27, 2011
    the uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole time instead of playing a game awsome voice actors new characters and the same wit and laugh out loud moments that you fall in love with in the first game there is simply no flaws that i can point out in this game. i have not played online mode yet since the story is so good and very unique based on an interesting concept i have not found a need to do so. i cannot wait for Uncharted 3 and will be pre ordering it asap and urge anyone with a love of games to get this series because both games in this series are can't miss oportunities for a fun filled adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the suprising ending Expand
  44. May 24, 2011
    Great game from top to bottom, from graphics to gameplay. Highly recommended. Cannot wait for Uncharted 3. Another great reason to be a PS3 owner.
  45. May 23, 2011
    Is this perfect game? We have to compare it to it's peers and by that standard it's a 10. Great game play, Great story, a real challenge playing on hard.
  46. May 17, 2011
    A near perfect game. Everything is great. As a person who has been to nepal, I can say that the art direction here is spot on. Voice acting/mocap, writing, gameplay, and pacing are all fantastic. The single player experience alone is totally worth your time and money. One of the best games out there, for any system.
  47. May 16, 2011
    Easilly the greatest game on the PS3, if not the greatest game ever! This got voted the best game of all time by the readers of the Official PlayStation Magazine UK, so with an award like that it has to be good right? And it certainly is! its essentially the same and its predecessor Drakes Fortune with platforming/puzzling/shooting, but its so much more as well. The graphics are out of this world, characters are funny and realistic and the story is even better than Uncharted 1. Drake is after Shambhala with a psychopathic war criminal behind him. This game never lets up, from the agonizing climb up the train wreckage hanging from the side of a cliff to the intense run across rooftops as a chopper chases you to the incredible views of Tibetan mountains. And the addition of multiplayer makes the game last even longer. Even though i have played way more of the campaign than online it is still very good, theres the traditional deathmatch and CTF style matches but the mode i played the most was the survival mode in which you and a friend try to survive 10 waves of enemies. Basically GET THIS GAME, its truly insane how anyone cant like it. Uncharted 3 is out this year too so get playing the first two to get ready for part 3! Expand
  48. May 15, 2011
    This is one of the best games ever! Haters are only doing it because they have Xbox's and can't buy it. Although the story isn't best, it has plenty of plot twists, the backgrounds are beautiful to look at, the multi-player is awesome, and there is a great array of weapons to choose from, and the characters feel like ACTUAL human beings! From my experience few games can be compared to this masterpiece. 10 out of 10 every step of the way! Expand
  49. May 13, 2011
    A thrilling adventure from start to finish. Multiplayer online is a fun, the online co-op is great as well. If only there was offline co-op...then it would get an 11.
  50. May 12, 2011
    Probably one of the most perfect games ever made, I've recently started playing again in anticipation of Uncharted 3, I just hope they don't screw it up! The combat is satisfying, especially sprinting up to an enemy to knock his lights out in one sweet flying punch, and the puzzles are fun without being too overly challenging. The Train level is probably one of the most beautiful moments I think I have ever come across in a game, I'm sure I could have just stood on the top of the train and watched the scenery fly past for hours! Truly one of the greatest games ever. Expand
  51. May 10, 2011
    best ps3 game out. it has tons of levels and the online is not as bad as i thought it would be. very fun and visiallyv ery intriquing. a must have and play for ps3 owners
  52. May 9, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is a memorable game.
    Exceptional gameplay, with dynamic and fluid than previously seen in other titles. Everything looks natural, and Drake is moving quickly and accurately. Fantastic soundtrack, with songs that put you into the narrative. Very engaging story, with a touch of humor all the time. Graphics, what about them?! Wonderful! Atmosphere very beautiful with mountains,
    rivers, snow, stunning scenery. Charismatic character and frenetic action in the third person gives the final touch to this masterpiece of this generation of consoles. If you have a PS3 and not have U2, buy now! Expand
  53. May 7, 2011
    Naughty Dog has out-done themselves. This game is fun! The graphics are beyond any game to this day, and the game play is challenging and addicting. And for the first time of Uncharted online game play the developers made an exceptional experience. Though one small pet peeve I have of this game is that the game play isn't addicting enough to keep you playing the game, eventually you just go play other games. Expand
  54. May 4, 2011
    If you enjoy a charismatic character, blockbuster style, immersive action, some of the best dialogue I've seen in a game (witty, clever and not written by a 5-year-old) and a decent story...pick up this game.
    Was one of the first games I got for the PS3, and was skeptical with the all reviews...but I simply could not put the controller down. The puzzles are easy and the gunfighting is
    repetitive...but the game was bottom line fun. I enjoyed the entire 9-hour single player ride.
    The final scene in the game made me genuinely smile...I can't wait for the next one.
  55. Apr 29, 2011
    This is in response to paulg's review of the game Uncharted 2. Oh the irony.

Uncharted takes what was good in Uncharted and builds on it. A wonderful game
  56. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the best action titles of all-time, also one of the best looking.
  57. Apr 23, 2011
    Single player was one of my favorite experiences playing a game I had ever played. I didn't expect the multiplayer to be anything. Then I played it. It's now my favorite game I have ever played. Sorry FF7.
  58. Apr 21, 2011
    This game is truly incredible in every possible way. The fact that it has an 8.9 user score despite Metacritic being a den of degenerate morons goes to show how amazing it is. Let me start this review off by praising what just might be the best part of the game: The narrative. The story is cliche, but beautifully told through some of the most amazing character interaction ever seen. The writing is believable, consistently amusing and unrelentingly organic, further compliment by the voice actors' flawless delivery, elevating the characters far above their stereotypes. The cutscenes are sensationally executed and have just the right length to them. The morons who think they're too long have the attention spans of 6 year olds. The gameplay is spectacular, brilliantly mixing just the right amount of platforming, puzzles and shooting. The set-pieces are absolutely soaked with adrenaline, and they'll stay in your head for quite some time. Also, let me just say that anyone who thinks this game is bad because it's linear is a ******* idiot who doesn't understand the importance of linearity in video games. The visuals are nothing short of awe-inspiring. The animations are easily the greatest of any video game ever, the environments are brought to life with stunning detail and the game abounds with breathtaking vistas. All in all, the graphics are virtually flawless and anyone who denounces them should not be taken seriously at all. The campaign is an amazing, perfectly paced adventure that is easily a good 9+ hours that's so utterly phenomenal you'll want to replay it again and again, not only due to the insane quality but also due to the in-game store in the bonus section that allows you to equip special skins, tweak the game with settings like "slow motion" and "no gravity" plus a whole lot more. And then there's the multiplayer. It takes awhile to get into, but once you do it gets insanely fun and never gets old. Plus, their is the co-op. Sadly, there are only 3 missions, but they're all very exciting and well-done. Bottom line: The game is flawless, aside from gunplay that just doesn't feel very satisfying. The complaints I've seen here in Metacritic are beyond retarded and any review that gives this game less than an 8 should be completely ignored. Expand
  59. Apr 20, 2011
    I have one word to describe this game. And that word is 'amazing'. The storyline was, and still is, amazing! I wanted more after I completed the game, that's how good it was. The gameplay is not new, but it fits perfectly with the game. The cover system is fantastic, you go in and out of cover smoother than many 3rd person shooters out there. The characters were all unique, in fact, it is almost impossible not to like every one of them. The multiplayer, once again, is amazing. If you are looking for an amazing game on the PS3, this is it. Pick it up, trust me, you will like it! Expand
  60. Apr 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is perfect in all things. Main story is great. All sounds and music are good.Graphic is AMAZING, propably the best graphic game.Gameplay is fun, there is a lot of action and there arent any loading durning big actions like in train' chase, that is incredible! This game is great reason to buy PlayStation 3!
    Unfortunately not all like 3rd person games.
  61. Apr 10, 2011
    If you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation but the gameplay's so polished and the action so breathtaking that you won't notice or care. Stunning set piece follows thrilling shootout and the quality just doesn't let up throughout the entire game. The graphics, the cut scenes, script and voice acting are also of the very highest quality and the whole experience is like being in a great action movie while still feeling like a game. Many people have called Uncharted 2 the best game of this generation; I feel it falls just short of that accolade but i will call it the greatest pure action game i've ever played and (I'll say it again) - must buy! Expand
  62. Mar 27, 2011
    This is seriously the greatest game i've ever played. Its got the best graphics, storytelling, gameplay, and multiplayer i've ever seen. Anyone that hasn't played it should, and anyone who genuinely has knows what i'm talking about.
  63. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best game ever made and the reasons is the story is great and you like the characters and just some stupid one liners like other games.the graphics are amazing and proofs the ps3 is the console for the best graphics and not pulled back by multi-platform games that dont show ps3 full potential cause of xbox.the campaign is amazing you get sucked in and just want to keep playing and you dont want it to end and its 10 hours long so thats good for a campaign.the multiplayer is top notch is well.So i recommend anyone who owns a ps3 to play this game its the best game on ps3 period and anyone who gives this a bad review which i seen on this website is xbox fanboy. Expand
  64. Mar 24, 2011
    Incredible story, incredible gameplay, incredible music, incredible scenery, incredible multiplayer, incredible girls. The best game in existence, hands down!
  65. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best gaming experience I've ever had. This is as good as shooter games get. The directing and editing of this story is the best I've ever seen. Naughty Dog takes full advantage of the PS3 capabilities and it's an awesome game on a 52" HDTV. Now I wish I had a plasma. And yes, I've played it through several times.
  66. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune delivered on such a level, that I never thought could be replicated, or, what Naughty Dog did here, make it better. If you played the first, definitely get this game.

The story starts off pretty neatly, you're in a trainwreck, shortly after "getting out" of the trainwreck, Nate passes out and it takes you throughout the events that occurred up to the wreck. Than
    the story unfolds. Naughty Dog continues to deliver amazing story telling, while making the gameplay deep and influential. Cannot possibly wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception! Bring it on Naughty Dog! We cant' wait! Expand
  67. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks around the world, it is simply the best visuals ever to grace the console thus far. The cut scenes, lets just say they wouldn't look place in a Hollywood blockbuster movie they are jaw dropping, absolutely spectacular. The acting within the game is once again to perfection, pushing Drake to even higher heights in making him the ultimate protagonist on PS3. The storyline is also magnificent full of twists and turns with Drake initially setting out to find Marco Polo's lost treasure but this soon turns into a chase for the Cintamani Stone and finding the mythical Shambala, however he's not alone with Serbian war criminal Zoran Lazarevic hot in pursuit. Gameplay is fun as ever, the cover shooting system works superbly well again, the fighting has been slightly altered although nothing major, but the set pieces are just outstanding whether its climbing a crumbling building, jumping from broken ledges or dodging a plane on an overturned train its just the most awesome all round gaming experience ever, and in my opinion the best game out their on PS3 to date, like another review correctly suggested you should buy a PS3 just to play this! Expand
  68. Mar 22, 2011
    This without a dout, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE! The story is great the, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is soooo much fun. Anyone who says differently wouldn't know a good game is it came up and bit them in the butt.
  69. Mar 18, 2011
    Quite brilliant in many ways. Non stop entertainment from start to finish. So many games these days don't fulfill their potential, this isn't one of them. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.
  70. Mar 16, 2011
    This isn't just a game. It's an experience. The locale, characters, music... The aftertaste of this game is simply beautiful. Naughty Dog really will really have to pull their jackets on to top this game.
  71. Mar 12, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is compelling and keeps you playing. The graphics are awesome and the cutscenes are great. This is one of the games which makes you buy a ps3.
  72. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing or they're just saying that because they're 360 fanboys. The Graphics, Story, and everything about it are excellent. This game deserves all of the awards and hype, and it's WAY better and more original than COD and most other games. This game was so good, that I kept playing it to get the platinum trophy, and I've never done that to any other game before. I finished it 3 times and loved every second of it. Now I'm done with the Single Player. Now onto the Multiplayer. Sure, it has some problems, actually lots of problems, but the core gameplay is really fun and unique. These problems will probably be fixed in the next game, and I will definitely be getting that. I HIGHLY recommend you get this game, as it's the best game I've ever played(and I've played a lot). Expand
  73. Mar 10, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog's highly-anticipated sequel. With an impressive track record that dates back to the successful PlayStation franchise Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted 2 brought anticipation as well as expectation - Would it deliver, and more importantly, could it possibly get any better than it's predecessor? Absolutely. Uncharted 2 is a magnificent experience, a highly-exciting blend of extremely pacey action cinema and wonderous drama and, without a question, the best game of 2010 and absolutely of the best action games of all time.

The game is set roughly two years after Drake's Fortune. Protagonist Nathan Drake returns and, after meeting supporting characters Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer and discussing elements of the lost treasure of Marco Polo and the remnant fleets that go along with that legend, Drake agrees and they set off on a grand adventure that traverses street level, savannah and even snow environments. There are also some surprises in store that are certainly not going to be spoiled here.

Firstly, the story is fresh, brilliantly pre-concepted and superbly executed. The way Naughty Dog tells the story is suspensful and exciting. The cut-scenes are excellently shot and edited and feature some superb, witty writing and dialogue. The cast do a phenomenal job from a VO standpoint, which is becoming uncommon regarding recent lacklustre VO releases.

Of course Uncharted 2 is a retail game and shall be judged in every department, but the most absolutely anticipated aspect of the sequel lies in it's technical values and visual design. To be honest, each console has it's great game of visual merit. Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 and now, Uncharted 2 for the PlayStation 3. The visuals here are absolutely impeccable, with jaw-dropping lighting, textures and water effects. The character animations are phenomenal and the cut-scenes are mesmerizing. It gives the game a great interactive, movie-like feel which brings in more intensity. The art direction will be talked about years from now and the draw distance and particle effects are incredible. Visuals seriously cannot possibly get any better than this. Naughty Dog has raised the bar again.

The sound effects are brilliant and the score is great, though overdone at times. The roaring pieces playing throughout intense firefights add to the tension, the great Tibetan music playing during said sequences are beautifully-arranged and the main theme is again memorable.

The gameplay is noticeably familiar to Drake's Fortune and will be both comfortable and instantly recognisable with gamers who played through Nate's first adventure. The gunplay is fleshed out slightly more with regards to additional features and weapons. Miniguns can be manned, gunfire is more effective from cover and the stealth sections are great and work perfectly within that theme. The AI, both friendly and hostile, is much more improved, thanks in part due to improved physics and environmental structuring. The level design now allows Drake to traverse more high places such as rooftops and ledges, and the AI will now respond more intelligently to your location. Friendly AI will also shoot with you and assist in covering you. On higher difficulties especially, AI vastly increases.

Naughty Dog has again included great amounts of bonus features - From treasures (now increased from sixty to one hundred), lots of medals that are tied to trophies (though sadly they remain near-identical) and lots of cheats, skins and gallery content that can be purchased using in-game money via obtaining medals.

Multiplayer is a new feature to Uncharted this time around, and it is fantastic. 10 people fight it out through 5 vs 5 gunfights across different incredibly-designed maps and lots of variety in their modes. Deathmatch is the most common and the way to go, but there are also other instances such as survival modes where up to three players can fend off waves of enemies, collecting gold and returning it to a location and capture the flag and territorial modes for even more intense play. There is also Co-op, where said three players can participate in missions garnered from levels of the single player campaign, though with different objectives and different sections of the level.

Overall, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an amazing game. It's great story excites, it's visuals are groundbreaking and the gunplay is again satisfying and greatly improved. The multiplayer is an excellent addition. This is a must-buy.
  74. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  75. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10 Expand
  76. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  77. Mar 1, 2011
    SImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games to have ever been created and released and people who criticize the games entirety aren't credible sources. I hardly give out 10's, and although this game isn't necessarily perfect, it is about as close to perfection as your going to get. Expand
  78. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  79. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the closest thing to a perfect game available right now. The gameplay is fun. It uses a good shooting and cover system. Its visually stunning with some excellent set pieces. The writing and voicing are the best i've seen. The pacing of the game makes it constantly entertaining. A must have.
  80. Feb 21, 2011
    this game is outstanding, you can't even compare this to "COD". The graphics are amazing, the controls are decent, the story is amazing, the online gameplay is amazing, the maps are amazing, and its overall a lot more fun than call of duty black ops and modern warfare.
  81. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  82. Feb 16, 2011
    This game is a fantastic game for the PlayStation 3. IN DEPTH- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an incredible sequel to 2007's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is deservingly received game of the year. Continue reading to see it reviewed in depthâ
  83. Feb 4, 2011
    Quite the lot we have here don't we? Giving this game a 10 because well.. it's pretty awesome, a must play, and there are far too many Gears of War, COD, and just sorry xbox 360 fanboys trying to downplay a nearly perfect game with undeserving low review scores.
  84. Jan 25, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant. Best game on the PS3 so far. Can't fault the single player campaign, the story's good, the characters dialogue is captivating and witty. I think there are 2 things that make this game standout from the rest. Firstly the amount of intense moments in the game where the unexpected happens, and secondly the online co-op modes - definitely worth a shot if you get this game.
  85. Jan 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has improved and expanded gameplay from the first, an excellent hollywood story, perfect graphics, amazing sound design, a lengthy single player, and an awesome multiplayer. Uncharted 2 has a heart for story, and loads of entertainment for gamers. Simply a masterpiece. Don't miss out.
  86. Jan 19, 2011
    Ignore ANY bad review they are probably just 360 fanboys who have not even played the game. I used own to all three consoles, this may just be the best game on all three.
  87. Jan 16, 2011
    This game feels a little bit like you're walking down a hallway with no doors. But it captures your attention with its great story line and doesn't let go until you've finished the game. The graphics are great, the cut scenes don't take over the game play (*cough*metalgearsolid4*cough*), and the controls are more intuitive than MGS4 or Red Dead Redemption. It's fast-paced and fun. I can't wait for Uncharted 3. Expand
  88. Jan 16, 2011
    This is 2011, and guess what Uncharted 2 is better than ever. Earlier this year an new multiplayer game was launched. Well, anyways I gave this game full marks because the problems are tiny, technical errors. The ony microscopic defect of this game is that the camera just goes out of focus. So what!? Big deal one minor error, every game has one. But on the plus side, I'd need a whole book to write everything down. Firstly, on single player, the graphics are impeccable, not even a minor detail is overlooked. The story is gripping till the very last second, all its twists and turns are really make you feel as if you are in the story. The fire fights are intense, and the stealth attacks are really awesome.
    For multiplayer I can only say two words; Awesome and Addictive. The scenarios where the matches are held are really breath-taking. But if you admire the view for two long you might end up with 20 bullets in your back. The mechanics are really similar to single player: you've got guns, stealth attacks and melee fights.
    My parting words: this is a super game that will never die. It is an excellent game and will remain like this.
  89. Jan 15, 2011
    to call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot deny it. I cannot push this game enough. To call it overrated would only show that you are someone who does not appreciate gaming as an art. You cannot see the work and effort that went into making it. people who say it is a tomb rainder remake or copy are right, but to not see influence and think it can be made better is a lacking vision often showing its ugly face in our society because many do not have an opinion of there own and simply want to rebel against the masses even if the masses are right. be an idividual losers, and anyone thinking of trying it, please do! please do! Expand
  90. Jan 14, 2011
    6 Words = The Greatest Game of all Time! Graphics are stunning, both Single player and Multiplayer! The Story is one of the best! Cut Scenes look amazing! Game play is better than ever, and has one of the only Multiplayers I ever use! Anyone who says this is bad has never played it or is a x - box fanboy! My only 10/10 ever goes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  91. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is amazing. Action packed gameplay, cutscenes. The gameplay has so mush action that its like a hollywood movie. Controls are excellent, story is great, voice acting is top-notch and the graphics as well. This is a must own for PS3 owners.
  92. Jan 9, 2011
    There aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from the Story to the game play and to the presentation is top notch. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune introduced the core game play and the exploration techniques which are included in this game but with a few tweaks and bumps this part is able top the former.

The Story line was expected to be immerse, anything less was going to be disappointing. Thankfully that is not the case and there are hardly any other games available that focus so much on the plot than this one. From the beginning second the player is curious to know what exactly the situation is and from there it varies from a cat and mouse chase to an exhilarating journey to to uncover the biggest secret that can change the whole course of the world. By getting into the specifics the game starts out by showing a hurt and injured Drake trapped in a train, after escaping narrowly flashback reveal how he had gotten there. Fresh from his adventures from El dorado Drake is visited by an old acquaintance Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer, whom Drake might or not already have an old connection with. After being persuaded to join them in finding out and taking the treasure from Marco Polo's lost ship's, Drake soon finds out that there is more going around. He soon learns that an evil warlord is also after Marco Polo's ships but for a different reason which eventually thrusts Nate into the game as well leading him to try and save the world from the impending consequences. He is not alone, however, returning are Drake's friend and Mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and old flame Elena Fisher. Also an integral part being offered by Chloe, this is one tale that will definitely make players go through the campaign mode at least a few more times after the initial finish.

Being a complete package of a game, Uncharted 2 is host to some refreshing game play. Like before Drake has to fight off the baddies that stick to him. Naturally the best weapons are his variety of guns although hand to hand combat is also helpful more times than not. Guns feature the classic machine guns, revolvers and sniper rifles while in some crucial points Missile launchers and grenades become extremely helpful. As the main aspect of combat is full of shooting, cover is necessary. You will find yourself taking cover in almost about every fight.
    Uncharted 2 boasts some of the best graphics ever seen on the PlayStation 3 or any other console to that matter. Everything is simply beautiful and it seems as if it gets better and better as you go on. The game seems to entice the player which encourages you to keep on playing. Its not your classic green scenery, the game takes you around the urban streets and offers spectacular sights of the city, the taking you to snow filled mountains and caves with gorgeous sights to see. The attention to detail is simply excellent, you'll see birds flying or nestling among the tress, even bullets are distinguishable . Running in the mountains will get snow all over you or swimming will get you wet. This is all only in game, the cut scenes offer their own pleasure, All the characters feel real making the game seem more like a movie at these points. Adding even more life is the acting by the characters, Nolan North is at his unparalleled best with Drake and the supporting characters, especially the main villain, all help in making the atmosphere believable and at times pleasant.

Achieving Perfection may be impossible but Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a hell of an attempt at it. One that will have everyone anxiously waiting for the next part. Naughty Dog's already respectable reputation will undoubtedly flourish for anyone that plays this game. It is impossible to own a PlayStation 3 and not buy this game, Superb Troys, Exhilarating Multiplayer, Great Visuals and Solid acting makes this one for the ages.
  93. Jan 1, 2011
    I have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best action movie ever made with characters and a story that unfolds at a suberb pace. Everythings not thrown at you from the start and it doesn't take forever to get going. The challenge is not without difficulty but never frustrating. Plenty of weapon choices to cater to any style player and many levels can be played without alerting a single guard if thats what you enjoy. Playing and beating all the harder modes, I can't find one thing wrong with this game. And just to boot, the player collects rewards that can be used on subsequent playthroughs. As if just playing the game again is not fun enough. If you own a PS3, you don't want this game, you NEED this game. Expand
  94. Dec 28, 2010
    Sit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are you listening.) Don't botch it by trying to be too different, its like footy- unbroken so why fix it? A great game all you need and more. Expand
  95. Dec 27, 2010
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is really the first game this generation to do everything impeccably. Everything about Uncharted 2 is top notch, and its original cast of characters and set pieces will perpetually merge into the minds of anyone who witnesses or experiences them.
  96. Dec 26, 2010
    This is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to the multiplayer but the single player stands alone as one of the greats of all time. As many have said before it is like playing in a real action movie and if you like action at all you will love this game. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2010
    Great game but i've been playing this game for about 6 hours and i'm already on chapter 22 and i've heard it's only 25 chapters long, wich leaves me thinking It lasts a lot less than I expected. that's a bad thing but i guess i will play it a second time at least because it's a good game, anyway that's just one of the gripes i have with the game, another thing that bugs me is how i don't feel in control of the character too often with mini cutscenes that really annoy me, It makes me feel like every chapter i only get to playhalf the time wich is really bad considering how short the game seems to be, the puzzles are a big part of the game and i spend most of my gameplay time solving them, wich means the action/shooting gameplay i had was really short. But even with all those problems I have with the game I have to say the game looks awesome and the physics of the game are spectacular, the shooting and platforming bits of the story are excellent and while I didn't like the storyline, it was acceptable. Besides all that the multyplayer is a lot of fun and I love it so that's the reason I rate this game so high. I jst wish the story mode was longer and more interactive. Expand
  98. Dec 16, 2010
    three words: BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  99. Dec 15, 2010
    This game is near flawless, the graphics are the best I've ever seen. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a movie. The only issues I have are that you can sometimes get glued to a wall and you need to vault off of it, blowing your cover, though once you get the hang of it you can work around this. The climbing, in conjunction with the graphics can prove confusing because you feel like you should be able to climb all over certain surfaces, but for the most part they do well to avoid this. The other thing is the shooting, I can't put my thumb on it, but something just feels... off. Still, if you at all liked Indiana Jones or National treasure, you will love this game. Expand
  100. Dec 13, 2010
    This game is very good but not perfect, i,ll give the story, voice acting, music, graphics and presentation all a 10/10 but not the actual gameplay. The graphics in a way blinds everyone from what they are actually playing. The gameplay is very average climb, run, walk, shoot, take cover, its not bad but not awesome so the gameplay deserves a 7.5/10. This is simply a very crisp and pretty game.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.