• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is one of the best games of all time. I put it in and played it through in one sitting because I just could not put the controller down. Amazing visuals, great pacing, quality writing by Amy Hennig one of the most creative ladies in the game creation world. Awesome experience that everyone should have.
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 delivers a cinematic gaming experience. A typical story paired with great gameplay and characters makes one great game. I just wish they didn't go with the mystical direction like the first one did. Still, it's a great game and I'd say it earned its spot nicely as GOTY in the year it was released. Expand
  3. Dec 12, 2010
    This game is flawless. I usually don't easily say this for games. But after finishing Uncharted 2, it gives you this amazing feeling of satisfaction and telling yourself "that was an epicly awesome game, can't wait to play it again". The cinematics in this game are top notch. The cut scenes perfectly and smoothly translate to the gameplay and the cut scenes themselves and interesting and well made. The story is very interesting and will you have hooked from the start about Nate's grand adventure with his friends. There's everything you could want from a single player. Some comedy, drama, action, it has everything. Gameplay is also as good as the story. It's fun and addicting, there are a variety of weapons from sniper rifles to shotguns, easy cover system, and brutal melee system. You can choose to be stealthy or flat out loud. The chapters are all VERY different, there is absolutely NO repetition in this game unlike some others (ACB, RDR for example). The soundtrack is absolutely perfect and it's no surprise it won game of the year along side best soundtrack, score, graphics, animation, cinematics and pretty much everything else. It deserved it. Unlike most overly hyped up games, they don't deliver or deliver as much as we hoped for. Uncharted 2 is an exception, it delivered MORE than what we asked for. It has a fun balanced multiplayer along side co-op, tons of maps and game modes, and even a MACHINIMA mode!!! There's no questioning that this is a PACKED game polished to absolute excellence. I don't think I need to mention anything about the presentation other than it's the best looking game on any platform to date (yes 2010). The only game I see topping it is Uncharted 3. Anybody who does not merit this game at least a 9 is out of their ****king mind and is most likely, no DEFINATELY an xbox fanboy. Any self-respecting PS3 owner, NEEDS and I mean NEEDS to play the Uncharted series. 10. Expand
  4. Mar 5, 2012
    I know this review is nearly three years after the release and no one will probably read this but I'm bored so i'm reviewing it. When i played this in 2009 it was breathtaking and still is today. Everything is polished to meticulous detail and I do mean everything. This is probably why the game is about 10 hours long which doesn't seem long but it suits the pacing of the game perfectly. This single player is perfection. The multiplayer is a bonus and is pretty solid. The co-op is great as well. But the game is about 3 years old s the multiplayer isn't exactly hot at the moment. But if anyone is reading this ,which I doubt, and you've never played an uncharted game you simply have to. I'm sorry but you should be forced to play it. There isn't much need to play the first one but make this your first uncharted. The first one is great but that game is very old. But you must play the 2nd one first in my opinion. Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    This is truly one of the best games I have ever played. Awesome story, fluid animations, gorgeous environments and movie-like gameplay make this a game no PS3 owner should ever miss.
  6. Jun 12, 2011
    Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me, helicopter, you're nothing to me, I'm the man!". No, he says "No way!"or "What about a break? Can't you guys see the helicopter!" (The helicopter is trying to kill him) He feels real, so everyone who says this is like Gears of War are wrong. This is Uncharted. Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2011
    This game is amazing, I have nothing to say negative about this game, but it was awesome. The story was good. the graphic are good. and the multiplayer is good.
  8. Nov 4, 2011
    This is arguably the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 feels like you're watching a awesome and epic action movie and playing a great game all at once. Naughty Dog always make A+ games.
  9. Jul 3, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  10. Jan 15, 2011
    to call this game overrated is to show only ignorance in gaming. if you dont like this game you dont like games. there have been defining games in generations like half life for pc in 2004 or mario bros in the late 80s. It really comes down to this, where are gamers in the time of uncharted? the game is smooth like no other, it flows with a subtle sense of assurity that you cannot deny it. I cannot push this game enough. To call it overrated would only show that you are someone who does not appreciate gaming as an art. You cannot see the work and effort that went into making it. people who say it is a tomb rainder remake or copy are right, but to not see influence and think it can be made better is a lacking vision often showing its ugly face in our society because many do not have an opinion of there own and simply want to rebel against the masses even if the masses are right. be an idividual losers, and anyone thinking of trying it, please do! please do! Expand
  11. May 18, 2012
    uncharted 2 is a really good game although not perfect due to multiplayer but if you judge this game only on singleplayer then it is perfect the dialouge is top notch the voice acting is amazing fun as hell extremely beautifull incredible music great story it is just that good until multiplayer its not fun its just boring
  12. Nov 15, 2012
    An amazing game that was unprecedented in it's sheer ability to create a cinematic, tense, and downright thrilling atmosphere for the entire game. It keeps players on the edges of their seats for the entire time with a fantastic and gripping story, incredible graphics, and fun gameplay. If you want to imagine it, imagine an Indiana Jones movie, except interactive, longer, and more thrilling. It's that good. One of the few games this console generation to truly deserve a ten. Expand
  13. Apr 12, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on the original game in almost every aspect you could think of. Most notably, the game features a lot more diversity in environments and gameplay, and the combat and platforming has been polished and refined as well. Additionally, the amount of enemies that you encounter in the game has generally been reduced, which I find to be a good thing. Uncharted is a game that shouldn't involve TOO much shooting, and I found this to be one of the major problems of the first game (it's almost like they were throwing enemies at you just for the sake of it, to piss you off).

The game is a joy to play and, thankfully, it still retains a very strong and compelling storyline. It's hard to pick out faults in this game, but I guess one minor issue I had was the fact that the game, at times, wouldn't really allow me to PLAY. What I mean here is that the game will sometimes give me a cutscene when I expect gameplay, and this can be kind of disappointing at times. Still, it honestly doesn't bother me much, because the length of the game is fine as it is, and it's not like the cut scenes themselves are bad. For this reason, the game still warrants a 10/10. Practically flawless.
  14. Oct 10, 2013
    Even after playing Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 is stil the best game by Naughtydog and it is still my favorite game. Tons of gameplay, massive amount of gun fights, fun platforming, funny characters, interesting story, a clever script, flawless voice acting, fun multiplayer, excellent soundtrack and amazing graphics. This game has it all for me, and it feels like a movie without being weighed down with constant use of interactive cutscenes like Heavy Rain. Expand
  15. Oct 11, 2013
    This is not only the ultimate PS3 game. Not only the ultimate game of 2009. Not only an ultimate turning point for the PS3. This is also ONE of the ULTIMATE games of all time. Uncharted 2 pushes the boundaries to do what no one expected to do. That is being the ultimate blockbuster that any gamer would want to experience. From being in some of the craziest action sequences any one couldn't expected (For example: One scene involves a huge fight in a train, meanwhile another involves running through a mass destruction of buildings, while being chased by a chopper.) to shocking plot twists/turns and watching many of the best cutscenes anyone could imagine watching, Uncharted 2 has it all. Nate's insane journey throughout Asia for the search of Marco Polo's lost fleet is one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever played in gaming and it doesn't even falter out. Thanks to Uncharted 2 (also thanks to the multiplayer elements, as well), I can't even stop getting my hands off the smooth Dualshock, and can't stop wishing to buy more games to play on the PS3. By the time the 7th generation of gaming ends, you will hear multiple critics talking about Uncharted 2 in their "best-games-of-generation" lists, because of the huge impact it had on gaming and to those who played it. Before the 8th generation comes, I would do a second run of Uncharted 2's single-player mode, because the main formula has been brilliantly executed and it couldn't get any better. Naughty Dog, the game is the main reason why you are one of the most talented gaming storytellers anyone has ever encountered.

WARNING: Do not listen to those who give Uncharted 2 bad reviews. Them are under the control of Microsoft's Xbox 360, and do not understand that the PS3 has some of the greatest line-ups in the history of gaming.
  16. Jan 19, 2011
    Ignore ANY bad review they are probably just 360 fanboys who have not even played the game. I used own to all three consoles, this may just be the best game on all three.
  17. Oct 28, 2012
    Uno de los mejores juegos que hay para PS3
    GRAFICOS: 10 SONIDO:9 JUGABILIDAD/DIVERSION: 10 DURACION:8
    ejejejejejejejejejejejjejejejejejjejejejejejejejjeje
  18. Nov 5, 2012
    The best game of this generation. I think its sufficient argument to gave 10 to this masterpiece. Graphics are outstandings, excelent history, good multiplayer, sounds and gameplay are good.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    Uncharted 2 is the best part of this wonderful series. Awesome Gameplay and fantastic Graphics. I have played it until i reached the Platinum Trophy. I didn't liked the Multiplayer, but the Singleplayer couldn't be better.
  20. Jun 21, 2014
    98/100: The second game in the Uncharted franchise is even more fantastic than the great first Uncharted game. The puzzles in the game are fun and not too easy, the combat system works great and the storyline is fantastic. Even though the graphics aren't stunning, the game looks wonderful. Naughty Dog did a great job with Uncharted 2!
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    I didn't think the sequel could be better and I was dead wrong. The graphics, oh my god, are so dazzling and incredible. The story picks up some time after the first one and accelerates into the action right away. This movie... er I mean game is a thrill ride from start to finish. The gameplay improves removing the six-axis controller from use entirely, and the combat is more effective and less tedious. This is quite possibly the best game on the PS3. And then you have the multiplayer... it just never stops amazing you from the moment you put it in. Expand
  22. Jan 10, 2012
    Uncharted 2 takes what was good in Uncharted 1 and transforms it into an astounding sequel that is clearly the best game of 2009! This time Nate travels across several countries on the hunt of treasure (instead of just the one island from DF) teaming up with a few new faces and a baddie that is more intimidating than the previous one. The sound effects are great and controls have been improved on: gunplay is more realistic, the platforming feel has been changed to perfection and combat is more-or-less the same but feels more controlled. The story is a step-up from DF and moves at a perfect pace from beginning to end that amazes and shocks at every angle. There are virtually no criticisms, however the puzzles are a bit too obvious and the end boss fight was a bit repetitive. Yet the pros outweigh the cons 10 to 1, making this clearly one of PS3's best games ever!! Expand
  23. Sep 18, 2013
    this games is one of the most amazing I have played in my life, definitely in my top 5, my mind was freaking blown, it is really one of the best games you can buy, so if you haven't played it... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? DO IT NOW!!!
  24. Oct 11, 2013
    The only game better than Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is The Last Of Us. It is perhaps the greatest sequel of all time (honorable mention Mass Effect 2), it takes the Uncharted series to the next level in every single department. Better graphics, better characters, better game play and better action.

With many sequels they often disappoint, especially if they are following great
    predecessors, but Uncharted 2 was far from being a let down, it simply blew the first one out of the water. After replaying both games, there is certainly a difference, the second game feels much better and more natural. The main antagonist Zoran Lazarević provides a excellent performance as he and Nathan Drake race to find the lost city of Shambhala. The introduction of Chloe Frazer provides an interesting dilemma for gamers, do they prefer Elena, the good girl with the right morals or Chloe, the sexy teasing yet interesting character and whether or they go better with Drake.

All I can say is if you have not played this game (or the first) you simply have to give it a go, Uncharted 2 is in my Top 5 best games I have ever played because it is that good. And it without a doubt one of the best games of the generation.

10/10 INCREDIBLE
  25. Jul 29, 2012
    By far the best PS3 game yet to date in this generation and Naughty dog's best game they made during their development time.

Story- Nathan Drake returns this time dealing with Marco Polo's journey on what happened during Marco Polo's expedition, eventually it leads to Nathan drake finding an artifact that leads to places he never seen before in his life. Along side Drake is Elena and
    sullivan returning though sully doesn't appear as much as he used to in the 1st game and Chloe Fraizer gets introduced as a protagonist with drake to help him get to the treasure first before the antagonist finds him.

Graphics- OMG i would never believed that Naughty Dog is this good in detailing this awesome game by making it look like its a movie compared to a game but its outstanding in being well toned for its texture and designing on the levels so IT gets me 5 thumbs up or stars.

Gameplay-By far the most exceeding game after the original game and improves easily. By aiming your gun in a direction you want you can tap the grenade button and throw it at a distance. puzzle which appeared in uncharted 1 mostly don't show alot in this game alot but are enjoyable to play.Combat is much easier to pull off and show slow motion which is awesome to see your guy just kill a soldier in style. Stealth is much easier to do unlike uncharted 1 in which all you do is snap a guys neck which isn't much but uncharted 2 depending on where you are can be described awesome stealth kills and be easy on pulling off.

Multiplayer- This is the first that naughty dog has managed to pull an online sever for their shooting games since Jak X combat racing which was considered a racing game similar to twisted metal, they only pull off basic multiplayer modes to make the players feel enjoyed with no customizations to guns similar to the COD series but boosters is what help players feel enjoyed to no end. Basic Team deathmatch, plunder, elmination, KOTH, turf war, chain reaction feels superior but the problem with the online is if somebody were to drop it due to connection issues or B.S. online can make the game not feel playable at all. Another problem was the patch after 1.04 naughty dog released that has changed the game completely now its basically respawns being stupid and a booster called "Situational Awareness" because everyones so scared of being shot at as soon as they respawn and troll the opposing team on where they were going to spawn next after they died which basically the game was not good as it used to be.

Co-op- In adventure of it theres couple of stages you do to complete serveral objective they have to do. Arena has number of rounds you do but only in 1 objective you have to play compared to uncharted 3 with different variety. But another problem is if people drop from connection issues or other stuff it immediatley end the game completely and you get thrown back into the main menu of the online.

Overall- In my opinion and still to this day that Uncharted 2 was the top overrated dog of this generation and always will be for having at least an epic story like movie and traditional multiplayer that rocks and though it may have problems still i'll considered it giving uncharted 2 a perfect 10 for a masterpiece of a game that will live up to its name. Haters can hate but Uncharted 2 still one of the kings of PS3.
  26. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game.
  27. Dec 28, 2010
    Sit and watch a film or be in one? Its a no brainer. Humour, great game play, good weapons, I pity anyone who hasnt played it. WHY NOT IF YOU OWN A PS3? Replay it for the treasures and its still great. Its a line in the sand game like Lara, Resi and Pro Evo and at the moment its kicking Laras hiney. If the third is more of the same who cares? Why change a winning formula, (Lara are you listening.) Don't botch it by trying to be too different, its like footy- unbroken so why fix it? A great game all you need and more. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny. Masterpiece! Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    I really have nothing bad to say about this game. The graphics are phenomenal, even for the game being a few years old. The story is so captivating, and you really become emotionally invested in the characters. The gameplay is a lot of fun, with creative platforming sections that remind me of assassin's creed/tomb raider. While some may not like the bounciness and inaccuracy of the shooting, I think it adds a level of realism to the game. Minus the bad guys being able to take 5 shotgun rounds to the chest Expand
  30. Dec 22, 2011
    no game can defeat this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uncharted 2 roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  31. Oct 6, 2010
    Brilliant level design, fluid controls and camera, interesting characters, and lush graphics. Uncharted 2 is a much more intense experience than its predecessor, and the combat and climbing have been fine-tuned to as good as I've seen in a third-person shooter or platform game respectively. The 'duck and cover' mechanic is wearing a bit thin and Uncharted 2 doesn't do anything particularly new with it to separate itself from the masses in regards to this feature, but in the ends it's just a small part of what is an incredibly rich and diverse game. It is perhaps a little on the short side â Expand
  32. Nov 20, 2011
    After finishing this game I was trying to find some of the flaws in this game, then I realized, there are none. Games don't get any better this, no matter what you are looking for, good game play, story line, graphics, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has you covered. It will provide approximately 8-10 hours of jaw-droppingly single player action, and hours on end of surprisingly good online multiplayer. Not only is this the best action/adventure games ever, it is also, arguably, the best game of this generation. You don't want to miss out on Nathan Drake's latest amazing adventure, when it comes to games, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my money than on this game. Expand
  33. Jun 30, 2012
    Amazing. Great gameplay, a fantastic storyline, a compelling narritive with great characters and a fun multiplayer.
    This game builds on the foundations left by the first game and improves it by a mile creating one of the best games ever made in my opinion as once I started playing it I couldn't stop as it was very fun.
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it
    has the best single player campaign ever in a game.
    The multiplayer is great with great map designs and great game modes like elimination, team deathmatch, capture the flag etc. and is very fun but I feel they could have added more custimization of guns and characters other than designing a clan logo. but otherwise is a great multiplayer experience.
    A Must have for any PS3 owner & if you don't have a PS3 get one for this game. 10/10
  34. Dec 4, 2012
    Best action video game I have ever played! It had a great storyline, great action, great variety, great puzzles, etc. Everything was fantastic; best of the 3 Uncharted games!
  35. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  36. Mar 24, 2011
    Incredible story, incredible gameplay, incredible music, incredible scenery, incredible multiplayer, incredible girls. The best game in existence, hands down!
  37. Jun 10, 2011
    For everyone complaining about the controls, i have never had a problem with it. This game has one of the best stories ever. It has amazing graphics, and it has amazing controls, it is super fun to play and has almost no flaws. Its the best game ever!
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    Uncharted 2 improves on the story, graphics, and replay ability aspects of the original Uncharted. The most cinematic game experience, experienced by me. Has great voice acting and memorable characters. The graphics are just astounding here. Levels are well designed and pacing is excellent. This game never seems to drag, ever. Cover and shoot gameplay system has been fine tuned. A great multiplayer has been added to Uncharted, and it is loads of fun. This gamedeserves a 9.5 if I coukd give it that. Expand
  39. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is really awesome. The graphics are really beautiful. The characters and the story are really very good. The game really pass that adventure feeling. Who said that this game is bad is because don't even played, or are just fanboys trying to express his sadness cause can't play the game.
  40. Sep 6, 2013
    I freaking love this game so much! My favorite game I ever played so far this year! Everything about this game has great game-play action, simple story, good set-ups, and some crisp and clean graphics that were handled extremely well.
  41. Sep 21, 2010
    Seriously, how can you not enjoy this game? As for the poor ratings, I can see what you're saying, but maybe everyone hasnt played every platformer like you guys. And don't spout nonsense about it copying Gears of War. I mean i understand copying a few things from Tomb Raider, but Gears of War? That game doesnt even relate to Uncharted 2. Notice how you are incredibly overwhelmed by positive reviews. So obviously its amazing because the reviews speak for themselves. Also not one negative critic review. This game revolutionized platformers and you know it. So quit being negative just to be negative. Expand
  42. Oct 12, 2010
    GAME OF THE YEAR.
    Every element has been finely crafted, from sound to graphics to cut-scenes to gameplay. All of this thrusts the player in to a tumultuous thrill ride that has no bounds. And as for the multiplayer, it is a well implemented feature too.
  43. Jul 25, 2011
    One of the best single player campaigns in a shooter ever. Possibly the best PS3 game to date. Not to mention the online is very fun, though it could use a little work.
  44. Nov 12, 2010
    I bought a PS3 a couple of weeks back, because of the Uncharted series. So I bought the two games platinum brand new for a bargain price. I first played Drakes Fortune which was very impressive but maybe not the best. Then I went into Uncharted 2 upon hearing all the positive reviews. I put the disc in my console and started the game. WOW!!!!! What a start. Breathtaking and tense this game simply amazed me from the very start of you climbing the train that is barely hanging on a cliff, to the final missions. The only problem with this game is that certain gun play and platforming sections can be infuriating. Why? Because the combat can be very difficult with certain enemies and I found my self dying to often for my liking, the platforming is absolutely brilliant except certain parts can be a bit difficult to know where to go next. Despite saying this the pacing is absolutely brilliant. It has amazing set pieces throughout, and such a brilliant amount of different things you can do. Splinter Cell style stealth sections, brilliant cover systems and weapons, awesome platforming movements and the best graphics to date. Me mumbling on about how good this game is (the best that I have ever played, and I have played plenty on both Xbox 360 and PS3), doesn't do it enough justice. The characters are brilliant and superbly detailed in movement and facial expressions. Amazing, move over Red Dead Redemption I have a new favourite. Roll on to the third game, Naughty Dog are experts at what they do and they do it better than any one, it's worth buying the PS3 just because of this game. Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  45. Jun 2, 2011
    I think this game is simply breathtaking. And that's not just the graphics. The storyline, the voice acting, the game-play, and just the attention to detail. The opening scene had me on the edge of my seat, and I was sucked into it from there onwards. This is truly *the* game to show off what the PS3 is capable of. Naughty Dog have harnessed the power of the Cell processor, and the results are spectacular. You feel drawn to look at the scenery, when on top of a building for example, and everything looks so crystal clear, almost even prettier than real life. You really do feel like you're going on an adventure with the lead character: Nathan Drake, and I think he's a character we could possibly all relate too, as he's really just an average guy doing amazing and interesting things. Anyhow, if you still haven't bought this, and you have a PS3, then what's going on? This is something that every PS3 owner should play. And if you don't have a PS3, well then this is the game that should tempt you to buy one. Truly an amazing game. Expand
  46. Jul 25, 2011
    I have just recently acquired the platinum trophy for this game, which means that I have spent a great deal of time playing said game. How anyone that claims to care about video gaming in general wouldnt think this game deserves at least an 8/10 just baffles me. Im guessing its an Xbox fan-boy thing. They will call this a "Gears" clone or whatever but see the difference between this game and GOW is that while Gears is with out a doubt a good game, the story elements and character development are lacking extremely. This game is such a great package! You have a fantastic single player story, great competitive multiplayer, and a highly addictive co-op mode. I would never compare this game to anything....its a gem in its own right. Let Gears of War be what it is and let Uncharted 2 be what it is....they are both great gaming experiences, except one doesnt run off of the almost obsolete Unreal Engine. Expand
  47. Dec 31, 2011
    Same thing I wrote for the original Uncharted and Uncharted 3. This game also deserves a 10. ALL Uncharted games got a 10 from me. They are the best series available on PS3. Anybody who gave mixed and negative reviews to the series is clearly an idiot.
  48. Nov 24, 2013
    Great looking game, AWESOME story-telling and great gameplay. Definitely one of the best adventure games ever made, buy uncharted 2, it IS going to be a well spent money.
  49. Jan 17, 2014
    This game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and is great on your own or with friends. This is one of those rare games that don't come so often and never gets old from unlocking skins and special in game content for story mode to an epic story mode with great voice over you can't go wrong with buying this game. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is a great experiences for any gamer out there! Expand
  50. Aug 11, 2010
    the most entertaining game i have ever played! it ranks up there with ocarina of time as one of the best games of all time, and easily the best on the ps3. obviously a goty winner that in my opinion blew mwf2 out of the competition.just the first chapter of this game is more epic than all of mwf2. to those who say it isnt original, you are genuine idiots! to all those who say the graphics are average or buggy, you are wrong, and basically no one agrees with you except for 40 year olds who play thier pc in their momie's basement. and lets not forget about the losers who give this game a 0 to counter act all the tens, there are 1482 positive reviews to your pathetic 178. a wise man (adam sessler x-play) once said that this is the best single player experience he has ever had in a video game. hell yea!!!!! uncharted 2 FTW!!!! Expand
  51. Oct 3, 2012
    One of the best games out there. I was really emotional attached to all of the characters. Good pacing. Great story. Just wait til everybody gets disappointed for Uncharted 3.
  52. Jun 19, 2011
    This is a truly amazing game that fully deserves the praise it has received. The gameplay is solid, easy to pick up. As for multiplayer, it outshines easily other TPS games like Gears. The graphics are indeed amazing, and this game doesn't copy Tomb Raider, it goes beyond it and reaches the hall of fame of TPS games.
  53. Sep 1, 2011
    Fantastic game. One of the best shooters/action games I've played. Even better than the first. The characters are great, the story is great, the only complaint I had was that I wished there was more levels!
  54. Oct 7, 2011
    Great game play. Great story. Great graphics. Great online. Greatly balanced trophy's (Gold trophy's are hard and bronze trophy's are easy, unlike games like wipeout.)
    Can it get better?
  55. May 22, 2012
    This game is absolutely outstanding in every aspect . It reflects itself and clearly stands among the greatest game made in any platform . Going onto multiplayer it's purely unique and amazing unlike all those fps games
  56. Jun 21, 2012
    best game ever made- worth buying a ps3 for the unchartered series. i own an xbox 360- only forza 4, and witcher 3 can compare graphically to this masterpiece
  57. Dec 22, 2012
    If you loved the first game, well be ready to get blown away because Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is an amazing game. The areas in this game are flat out awesome and the crisp cut scenes are jaw dropping. The first game felt a bit predictable but the second game deals you with twists that you would of never seen coming. Shooting bad guys is still awesome but the puzzles are still tedious and mediocre. But the puzzles don't ruin the game as some are pretty fun to figure out. Uncharted 2 is amazing 9/10 Expand
  58. Jun 4, 2013
    Este jogo totalmente incrível!! Gráficos, história, cenas cortadas e jogo estão fora dos roqueiros Eu não podia esperar mais para a terceira edição da série de Drake lendária. Sério, comprar ps3 apenas para jogar este jogo alucinante
  59. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  60. Mar 1, 2011
    SImply astonishing, Uncharted 2: AMong thieves is a title that is unquestionably the best exclusive on the ps3 and one of the best games in the history of video gaming hands down. the gripping action is incredibly enthralling that it is almost as if the events of this story actually occurred, all from the comfort of your living. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the best games to have ever been created and released and people who criticize the games entirety aren't credible sources. I hardly give out 10's, and although this game isn't necessarily perfect, it is about as close to perfection as your going to get. Expand
  61. Oct 17, 2010
    Uncharted 2 is one of the best games i have ever played. Great story, great fighting, great puzzles, great platforming, great graphics, great online ect. There is nothing wrong with this game, if you have a PS3 a don't have this game go buy it now, you won't regret it.
  62. Jun 8, 2011
    Incredible. Graphically brilliant, technically sound, and a hell of a lot of fun to play. Uncharted 2 exceeds the first game in this series by leaps and bounds. This game's greatest triumph, I feel, is its level design. Every chapter provides a completely different experience, and this keeps the campaign from becoming dull. In addition to this, the puzzles in this Uncharted 2 were a perfect balance of fun and challenge. Each puzzle sequence took a decent amount of thought to complete, yet the developers weren't so heartless as to force you to consult an online walkthrough. The multiplayer mode in Uncharted 2 is well designed, but it doesn't prove to be quite as enjoyable as the single player campaign. A minor annoyance found in this game lies in the controls. More specifically, when you are attempting to crouch behind an obstacle to avoid enemy fire, Drake will often simply roll into the object and stand back up again, happily allowing bullets to decorate his face. Despite this, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a masterpiece, and is certainly deserving of the title, "Game of the Year". Expand
  63. Dec 26, 2010
    This is the best console game to date period... graphics, story, voice acting, action. One of the best gaming experiences to be had bar none. I did think the multiplayer was fun but didn't have lasting appeal like some of the other FPS online experiences. That is the only reason this is not 100... :) I'd give it a 96 out of 100 subtracting only for the lack of real depth to the multiplayer but the single player stands alone as one of the greats of all time. As many have said before it is like playing in a real action movie and if you like action at all you will love this game. Expand
  64. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the closest thing to a perfect game available right now. The gameplay is fun. It uses a good shooting and cover system. Its visually stunning with some excellent set pieces. The writing and voicing are the best i've seen. The pacing of the game makes it constantly entertaining. A must have.
  65. Apr 20, 2011
    I have one word to describe this game. And that word is 'amazing'. The storyline was, and still is, amazing! I wanted more after I completed the game, that's how good it was. The gameplay is not new, but it fits perfectly with the game. The cover system is fantastic, you go in and out of cover smoother than many 3rd person shooters out there. The characters were all unique, in fact, it is almost impossible not to like every one of them. The multiplayer, once again, is amazing. If you are looking for an amazing game on the PS3, this is it. Pick it up, trust me, you will like it! Expand
  66. May 12, 2011
    Probably one of the most perfect games ever made, I've recently started playing again in anticipation of Uncharted 3, I just hope they don't screw it up! The combat is satisfying, especially sprinting up to an enemy to knock his lights out in one sweet flying punch, and the puzzles are fun without being too overly challenging. The Train level is probably one of the most beautiful moments I think I have ever come across in a game, I'm sure I could have just stood on the top of the train and watched the scenery fly past for hours! Truly one of the greatest games ever. Expand
  67. Jul 9, 2011
    Best game of this generation so far. Everything about it is great and tbh I just wanna boost rating because of idions that are giving it 1 and 2..........................
  68. May 31, 2011
    This is by far the best example of a game making a movie like experience. The gameplay is amazing the cinematic's are superb and this and the first uncharted is the only game I've had where I had people wanting to watch me play for the amazing story behind this epic game
  69. Jun 14, 2011
    okay, the campaign isn't that good, but the multiplayer is AWESOME. it's like goldeneye 007 multiplayer, except even better. the only downside is that for some game modes, match making is unreliable.
  70. Jun 15, 2011
    The single player "story" mode is an expansion on the tried and true Uncharted: Drake's Fortune gameplay. For the most part, yes, you mostly climb stuff, and stare at the beautiful scenery that Naughty Dog has masterfully produced. The irony is that even though Uncharted is a platformer, not a shooter, it actually has more responsive and in depth shooting and combat mechanics than anything else on the market. However, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Log into the multiplayer, and you're in for the time of your life. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves contains one of the most well designed multiplayer modes available today. Yes, it is greater than anything that the "all-powerful" Xbox Live has to offer. With 10 players, in beautiful maps, you can partake in many of the typical multiplayer modes. The most impressive parts of the multiplayer are the facts that the maps aren't FLAT like in COD or Halo. Victory in the multiplayer relies upon the players' skill levels, not how long they've played or how many expansions that they had purchased, as in other shooters. This is no doubt one of the most complete packages that has been offered this generation. The only drawback is the repetitive single player mode, but that is soon forgotten as you step onto one of the most active online multiplayers on the PS3. At $20-$30 now for the game of the year edition, this game is no doubt worth the money for PS3 owners. Xbox 360 users who have gotten tired of Halo and Gears of War may even be convinced to get a PS3 for this reason. Congratulations, Naughty Dog. Expand
  71. Jan 18, 2013
    I do not like this better than the first game... The guys with the armor/shotguns are annoying as hell. I do not like some of the enemies... I fn hate the levels where you have to platform through that snow cave (lv 18-20 I believe)... When I played through it on crushing, it was a lot harder than the first... I found myself hanging on ledges, waiting for the guys to get close, and pulling them off even after being seen... Other than that, excellent game... Like Zelda on Nintendo, I will buy every future Sony console to play Uncharted... Although this one didn't charm me as much as the first, the cinematics, platforming, and action are equal... Great fn game... Xbox people can eat their hearts out Expand
  72. Sep 20, 2011
    Simple and short... Best game on the PS3 Pro's and cons: Pro: stellar graphics, gameplay, voice acting, multiplayer, single player, story telling, and pacing... cons:..... A 2 year wait for a sequel;P
  73. Nov 13, 2011
    I just say, it´s a master piece. I wrapped the game from the beginning in addition to telling you a story with a solid support.
    The scenarios are very well developed in detail and the snow looks pretty good especially the brightness of light and snow.
  74. Dec 3, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. the story is fantastic, everything is great and it feels like a movie. VERY well done. the only problem is near the end of the game i was sick of going from room to room fighting bad guys. just a little too much gunplay near the end for me. but besides that it was PERFECT. keep up the good work naughty dog!! ::))
  75. Apr 16, 2013
    If this isn't one of the best console games ever, I don't know what is. Literally from the moment you start, you're in the thick of intense action and gameplay and a very well crafted storyline. The game is extremely well paced, and it doesn't take too long to pick up new weapons and abilities and get the hang of it, even if you're new to RPG/shooter games. The story surrounding Nathan Drake in search of the "goods" (I want ruin the story here) is enthralling and the cut scenes blend in perfectly....no other game truly makes you feel like you're in a movie like Uncharted 2. Play this....you will not regret it. Expand
  76. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game this gen without a doubt. This game is not only better than the first, it's different in a good way.
    Single Player: Amazing. Simply breath taking. What more can I say?
    Multiplayer: Good tacked-on MP. Although it gets slightly dull at times (especially without friends) it's still a tough beat/shoot em up.
    Get this game! Especially if you like Tomb Raider (especially the new one)
  77. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and as such I had to buy this game. Even better than the first one, and something that I have, and will be, returning to several times. A great game and great story. However, it is a bit like the first one, which is good as well as bad. Anyway, great game and a real classic!!!
  78. Sep 25, 2013
    This game fixed the problems with the first one. the mechanics and puzzles are better, there's a wider variety of guns and the overall experience is more complete. Also, the difficulty has been taken down a little bit (comparing the hardest difficulty settings from both games). The multiplayer works really nice and is actually a lot of fun. the only criticizable thing about this game is the story. it makes sense and its well presented, but it is shallow like any action film. Expand
  79. Aug 14, 2010
    Very Good Game, completely full of Next-Gen graphics, and way past any other games. I was pleasantly surprised at how long the single player was, I expected it to just end like MW2 did when it reached around chapter 12 (i think). The cut-scenes are great with the actually funny script. An excellent game which just shows what PS3 can do when a frankly brilliant developer works hard at using the processing power it harnesses. Any PS3 owner should have this game. Expand
  80. Nov 25, 2010
    This is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends around the world :) Expand
  81. Nov 3, 2010
    Where can I start one this fun, breathtaking, intense adventure. First the Story, this is a great story and I love what they developed during this adventure. You get to know the Characters really well which is a good thing in my opinion. Graphics are mine blowing so much detail on the textures which what i love to see. The best game i have played this year it is breathtaking. If you buy this then your in for a adventure. Expand
  82. Dec 23, 2011
    The best of the series in my opinion. While UC3 adds things, UC2 covers the most ground and feels the most balanced and fleshed out, it's really solid. Probably my favorite game of all time, in that despite being very linear, I never get sick of multiple play throughs.
  83. Nov 30, 2010
    Now I'm not nut for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I do believe Naughty Dog has hit their stride with this particular title. The main campaign is great (not godly now) and the multiplayer is fun (assuming your that kind of person who either has IRL friends or online buddies). Overall, give it a try because its more than what you think it could be.
  84. Jan 14, 2011
    6 Words = The Greatest Game of all Time! Graphics are stunning, both Single player and Multiplayer! The Story is one of the best! Cut Scenes look amazing! Game play is better than ever, and has one of the only Multiplayers I ever use! Anyone who says this is bad has never played it or is a x - box fanboy! My only 10/10 ever goes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  85. Aug 27, 2011
    Xbox fan boys please cry more and you giving the game zeros will not change the fact that it's one of the best action adventure games ever.Truly a must have for all PS3 owners, and those who don't have a PS3, get one just for uncharted 1,2, and 3.
  86. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune delivered on such a level, that I never thought could be replicated, or, what Naughty Dog did here, make it better. If you played the first, definitely get this game.

The story starts off pretty neatly, you're in a trainwreck, shortly after "getting out" of the trainwreck, Nate passes out and it takes you throughout the events that occurred up to the wreck. Than
    the story unfolds. Naughty Dog continues to deliver amazing story telling, while making the gameplay deep and influential. Cannot possibly wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception! Bring it on Naughty Dog! We cant' wait! Expand
  87. May 15, 2011
    This is one of the best games ever! Haters are only doing it because they have Xbox's and can't buy it. Although the story isn't best, it has plenty of plot twists, the backgrounds are beautiful to look at, the multi-player is awesome, and there is a great array of weapons to choose from, and the characters feel like ACTUAL human beings! From my experience few games can be compared to this masterpiece. 10 out of 10 every step of the way! Expand
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    Personally the best game ever made. Lost one point for silent takedown required in a level which was truly annoying.
    The good - fantastic story lots of twist, hilarious, stunning visuals, gr8 multiplayer
    Bad - only the silent take down level

A must play if ya own ps3 and a reason to own ps3.
  89. Feb 22, 2012
    probably in my top 5 favourite games ever! it took everything from the first uncharted, improved it massively and then some how made a story even more compelling than the first game! a joy to play and to watch! a personal favourite about UC2 is the occasional flashes of the yetis you get what a simple way to keep the tension mounting! perfect!
  90. Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't know anything about the game before I played it - which just goes to show how surprised I was when I realized I couldn't put down the controller. Not only is this game beautiful graphically, but it also includes many challenges and is great in terms of educational values. A masterpiece.
  91. May 12, 2013
    While Uncharted:Drakes Fortune was a great game, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is one of those games that gives people a reason to buy a PS3. It's Story was perfect, that graphic mind blowing, and astounding gameplay make this game something you will remember for a long time after you finish it.
    The transition between a cutscene, and gameplay is flawless that you can't tell the difference.
    There are moments where you can play while you're in a cutscene. The characters are unique and original. You probably googled marco polo while playing this game didn't you.
    The story takes so many twists and turns you will always be interested and never gets boring, it will always have you at the edge of you're seat the whole time.
    The multiplayer is fun,and enjoyable but it is never really engaging. It seems like a add on that was just tacked on at the last moment for the sake of just having a multiplayer. It does seem to have a strong audience, because every time i tried getting on there was never a shortage of people to play with.I will say it was fun for what it was, and had me playing for a hour or two.There is also a co-op that you can play with you're friends. It offers a different take on the story, and i had more fun with that than with the multiplayer. A type of defense mode is also added which throws wave after wave of enemies at you, and you have to try and survive as long as you can. The maps in this mode a huge, and fore you to constantly be on the move or else some bady with a shotgun will creep up behind and take you out.
  92. Jun 17, 2013
    Epic second outing for Nathan Drake, sees this game as one of the best games on Ps3. the action is indescribably one of the best i have ever seen. one minute you're in a wrecked train off the edge of a snowy mountain and then you're evading a tank in a high speed chase. As for the plot, i was completely blown away by the depth of the story. The characters are well built which makes cut scenes run smoothly. It is also good to see New characters being included. this story is worthy of a Hollywood makeover.

As for the multiplier i am not convinced. i enjoyed the new rewind theater; when in a large game in one of the more impressing maps) the game play can be enjoyable too. that as far as it goes though "enjoyable" comparing it to other multiplying games out there would be stupid, even if they are different person shooters (the likes of battlefield and Call of duty are greater) Also i didn't feel i was getting rewarded enough for each game, which can make the whole leveling up system boring.

That all said the single player demolishes the likes of call of duty, or any other third person shooter with in Uncharted 's range. Uncharted is essential for any Ps3 gamer.
  93. Jun 22, 2013
    All the elements of a great single player experience are found in Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog mixes great action set pieces, graphics and gameplay with a superb story. There's standard 3rd person shooting, platforming, cover and stealth based mechanics with exploration and puzzles to solve. The story and action add to the replayability (multiple play-throughs a must) and the multiplayer is just the icing on the cake. Expand
  94. Jul 12, 2013
    This was one of the first game I played with my Ps3...and what a surprise! I wasn't a real fan of adventure's game before I tried this one.
    This game is like a movie, I just couldn't stop playing after I started! Lot of action, lot of different environment, good story,...this kind of game you really enjoy and you are sad when you finish it.
  95. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is one of the best games ive ever played its a masterpiece from start to finish and i advise everyone to get this game the graphics are incredible and and stylish the gameplay is perfect and the story keeps you coming back for more even if you finished it before the game lasts 10-15 hours depending on how you play which is always a good reason to come back and try it so the bottom line is this is one of the best (if not the best ps3 titles to date and and is still the benchmark for action/adventure tiles. Expand
  96. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  97. Sep 29, 2010
    A tour de force of action adventure games! This game shows Tomb Raider how it's done with panache, style and a knowing grin spread across its face. Superlative set piece after superlative set piece, just when you think it can't get any better, it does. Brilliantly paced story made me feel like I was trapped in an Indiana Jones movie. Loved every second, if you havn't played this and you like action adventures, you're in for a treat! Expand
  98. Oct 19, 2011
    This game was great. Briefly, the characters and story were very compelling. The voice acting and dialog were highly entertaining. The variety of locations and destinations was epic, it gave the game a great adventure type tone. The game play was fun and challenging. The cut-scenes and writing kept you engrossed in the story, making you want to find out what happens next. A very satisfying game and one every gamer should play. Expand
  99. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.