• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THEI rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10
  3. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  4. Sep 10, 2010
    There is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of theThere is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of the character. For those that want a great game, buy this, it's worth it. Expand
  5. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  6. Aug 18, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  7. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is disappointing. The puzzles are easy, the platform is terrible and the shooter is meh. To me Uncharted 2 is more of a cinematic quality show-off than a game with good gameplay.
  8. Mar 22, 2011
    This without a dout, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE! The story is great the, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is soooo much fun. Anyone who says differently wouldn't know a good game is it came up and bit them in the butt.
  9. Apr 10, 2011
    If you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation butIf you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation but the gameplay's so polished and the action so breathtaking that you won't notice or care. Stunning set piece follows thrilling shootout and the quality just doesn't let up throughout the entire game. The graphics, the cut scenes, script and voice acting are also of the very highest quality and the whole experience is like being in a great action movie while still feeling like a game. Many people have called Uncharted 2 the best game of this generation; I feel it falls just short of that accolade but i will call it the greatest pure action game i've ever played and (I'll say it again) - must buy! Expand
  10. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negativeAt this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  11. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  12. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on CrushingEasily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  13. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing orThis game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing or they're just saying that because they're 360 fanboys. The Graphics, Story, and everything about it are excellent. This game deserves all of the awards and hype, and it's WAY better and more original than COD and most other games. This game was so good, that I kept playing it to get the platinum trophy, and I've never done that to any other game before. I finished it 3 times and loved every second of it. Now I'm done with the Single Player. Now onto the Multiplayer. Sure, it has some problems, actually lots of problems, but the core gameplay is really fun and unique. These problems will probably be fixed in the next game, and I will definitely be getting that. I HIGHLY recommend you get this game, as it's the best game I've ever played(and I've played a lot). Expand
  14. Mar 12, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is compelling and keeps you playing. The graphics are awesome and the cutscenes are great. This is one of the games which makes you buy a ps3.
  15. Mar 18, 2011
    Quite brilliant in many ways. Non stop entertainment from start to finish. So many games these days don't fulfill their potential, this isn't one of them. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.
  16. May 7, 2011
    Naughty Dog has out-done themselves. This game is fun! The graphics are beyond any game to this day, and the game play is challenging and addicting. And for the first time of Uncharted online game play the developers made an exceptional experience. Though one small pet peeve I have of this game is that the game play isn't addicting enough to keep you playing the game, eventually you justNaughty Dog has out-done themselves. This game is fun! The graphics are beyond any game to this day, and the game play is challenging and addicting. And for the first time of Uncharted online game play the developers made an exceptional experience. Though one small pet peeve I have of this game is that the game play isn't addicting enough to keep you playing the game, eventually you just go play other games. Expand
  17. Dec 3, 2011
    Its been over two years since the release of this game, and I can safely say Uncharted 2 is still a treasure to behold. The graphics are insane, the sound is amazing, the story/characters is well-done, and the gameplay is top-notch smooth. The campaign is the best of the best. Finding treasures and tweaking the game also give even more life to the already amazing game. The multiplayerIts been over two years since the release of this game, and I can safely say Uncharted 2 is still a treasure to behold. The graphics are insane, the sound is amazing, the story/characters is well-done, and the gameplay is top-notch smooth. The campaign is the best of the best. Finding treasures and tweaking the game also give even more life to the already amazing game. The multiplayer is also fantastic, despite some balance issues. Its also not as deep, but you need not worry: the game as a whole is fantastic. This game will go down as one of the best for sure. Expand
  18. Dec 3, 2012
    Absolutely loved this game from the very first second to the very last millisecond. When I started playing games, these were the type of games I could've only dreamt of. But now that I have played it, it will never be forgotten, and nor should it be. The best game I have played in ages and will continue to be one of my most favorite games of all time.
  19. Apr 12, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on the original game in almost every aspect you could think of. Most notably, the game features a lot more diversity in environments and gameplay, and the combat and platforming has been polished and refined as well. Additionally, the amount of enemies that you encounter in the game has generally been reduced, which I find to be a good thing. UnchartedUncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on the original game in almost every aspect you could think of. Most notably, the game features a lot more diversity in environments and gameplay, and the combat and platforming has been polished and refined as well. Additionally, the amount of enemies that you encounter in the game has generally been reduced, which I find to be a good thing. Uncharted is a game that shouldn't involve TOO much shooting, and I found this to be one of the major problems of the first game (it's almost like they were throwing enemies at you just for the sake of it, to piss you off).

The game is a joy to play and, thankfully, it still retains a very strong and compelling storyline. It's hard to pick out faults in this game, but I guess one minor issue I had was the fact that the game, at times, wouldn't really allow me to PLAY. What I mean here is that the game will sometimes give me a cutscene when I expect gameplay, and this can be kind of disappointing at times. Still, it honestly doesn't bother me much, because the length of the game is fine as it is, and it's not like the cut scenes themselves are bad. For this reason, the game still warrants a 10/10. Practically flawless.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    It's not one of the best... it's the best game i've ever played! The single-player is amazing, the graphics are pure perfect and the multiplayer is the best online shooter of all-time. Uncharted 2 is masterpiece and easily the best game for the ps3.
  21. Mar 15, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazingUncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazing but it's probably one of the best multiplayer experiences to be found on PS3, although now it's better to go to Uncharted 3 for multiplayer, The best part of this game is experiencing the story and it's characters whilst having some top notch gameplay and graphics. This is my favorite of the Uncharted series and anyone who is looking for a good action game will enjoy this. Expand
  22. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game this gen without a doubt. This game is not only better than the first, it's different in a good way.
    Single Player: Amazing. Simply breath taking. What more can I say?
    Multiplayer: Good tacked-on MP. Although it gets slightly dull at times (especially without friends) it's still a tough beat/shoot em up.
    Get this game! Especially if you like Tomb Raider (especially the new one)
  23. Jun 19, 2013
    Amazing. By far the best in the series. It improves over the 1st one ten fold. This truly shows the world what Naughty Dog can do. The story is amazing, one of the best I've experienced so far, I haven't finished the last of us yet. Now all they need to do is make Jak 4. But this will defiantly be one of my favorite games.
  24. Jul 11, 2011
    Beautiful. This game has a ridiculous amount of polish. Literally every moment is packed with action. It's one of those games that you buy a PS3 for.
  25. Sep 19, 2011
    The very main reason I got a PS3. Immersive, heart pounding, action packed and ridiculously over-the-top. A game that I think is a good enough reason why the PS3 is a great console. The story is so good that it could just pass by as a blockbuster movie and the characters are so human that it feels like you have met them some time in your life. If you have a Playstation 3, you have to get it.
  26. Oct 31, 2011
    -Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do-Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do próprio site. 39 reviews perfeitos, nota 100. E 105 reviews positivos. As notas negativas de usúario de x-box, não podemos levar a sério! Sem dúvida nenhuma o melhor jogo de todos os tempos. NOTA 10. Expand
  27. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  28. Oct 7, 2011
    One of the best I've played this generation and improvement so far, has a mystique of adventure, have the nostalgia and spirit of Indiana jones of adventures with the dexterity of lara croft.
    The story is competent and the action is full of cues and climax, few games together so many positive aspects that make us happy to play it, the online is addictive and different from others.
  29. Nov 30, 2010
    Now I'm not nut for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I do believe Naughty Dog has hit their stride with this particular title. The main campaign is great (not godly now) and the multiplayer is fun (assuming your that kind of person who either has IRL friends or online buddies). Overall, give it a try because its more than what you think it could be.
  30. Jan 9, 2011
    There aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from theThere aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from the Story to the game play and to the presentation is top notch. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune introduced the core game play and the exploration techniques which are included in this game but with a few tweaks and bumps this part is able top the former.

The Story line was expected to be immerse, anything less was going to be disappointing. Thankfully that is not the case and there are hardly any other games available that focus so much on the plot than this one. From the beginning second the player is curious to know what exactly the situation is and from there it varies from a cat and mouse chase to an exhilarating journey to to uncover the biggest secret that can change the whole course of the world. By getting into the specifics the game starts out by showing a hurt and injured Drake trapped in a train, after escaping narrowly flashback reveal how he had gotten there. Fresh from his adventures from El dorado Drake is visited by an old acquaintance Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer, whom Drake might or not already have an old connection with. After being persuaded to join them in finding out and taking the treasure from Marco Polo's lost ship's, Drake soon finds out that there is more going around. He soon learns that an evil warlord is also after Marco Polo's ships but for a different reason which eventually thrusts Nate into the game as well leading him to try and save the world from the impending consequences. He is not alone, however, returning are Drake's friend and Mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and old flame Elena Fisher. Also an integral part being offered by Chloe, this is one tale that will definitely make players go through the campaign mode at least a few more times after the initial finish.

Being a complete package of a game, Uncharted 2 is host to some refreshing game play. Like before Drake has to fight off the baddies that stick to him. Naturally the best weapons are his variety of guns although hand to hand combat is also helpful more times than not. Guns feature the classic machine guns, revolvers and sniper rifles while in some crucial points Missile launchers and grenades become extremely helpful. As the main aspect of combat is full of shooting, cover is necessary. You will find yourself taking cover in almost about every fight.
    Uncharted 2 boasts some of the best graphics ever seen on the PlayStation 3 or any other console to that matter. Everything is simply beautiful and it seems as if it gets better and better as you go on. The game seems to entice the player which encourages you to keep on playing. Its not your classic green scenery, the game takes you around the urban streets and offers spectacular sights of the city, the taking you to snow filled mountains and caves with gorgeous sights to see. The attention to detail is simply excellent, you'll see birds flying or nestling among the tress, even bullets are distinguishable . Running in the mountains will get snow all over you or swimming will get you wet. This is all only in game, the cut scenes offer their own pleasure, All the characters feel real making the game seem more like a movie at these points. Adding even more life is the acting by the characters, Nolan North is at his unparalleled best with Drake and the supporting characters, especially the main villain, all help in making the atmosphere believable and at times pleasant.

Achieving Perfection may be impossible but Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a hell of an attempt at it. One that will have everyone anxiously waiting for the next part. Naughty Dog's already respectable reputation will undoubtedly flourish for anyone that plays this game. It is impossible to own a PlayStation 3 and not buy this game, Superb Troys, Exhilarating Multiplayer, Great Visuals and Solid acting makes this one for the ages.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.