Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Nov 4, 2011
    This is arguably the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 feels like you're watching a awesome and epic action movie and playing a great game all at once. Naughty Dog always make A+ games.
  2. Nov 7, 2011
    awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  3. Nov 20, 2011
    After finishing this game I was trying to find some of the flaws in this game, then I realized, there are none. Games don't get any better this, no matter what you are looking for, good game play, story line, graphics, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has you covered. It will provide approximately 8-10 hours of jaw-droppingly single player action, and hours on end of surprisingly good onlineAfter finishing this game I was trying to find some of the flaws in this game, then I realized, there are none. Games don't get any better this, no matter what you are looking for, good game play, story line, graphics, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has you covered. It will provide approximately 8-10 hours of jaw-droppingly single player action, and hours on end of surprisingly good online multiplayer. Not only is this the best action/adventure games ever, it is also, arguably, the best game of this generation. You don't want to miss out on Nathan Drake's latest amazing adventure, when it comes to games, I couldn't think of a better way to spend my money than on this game. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    It is simply game of the generation. Nothing else is quite like it, and I expect that nothing else will ever be quite like it. A masterful blend of cinema and video games.
  5. Dec 23, 2011
    The best of the series in my opinion. While UC3 adds things, UC2 covers the most ground and feels the most balanced and fleshed out, it's really solid. Probably my favorite game of all time, in that despite being very linear, I never get sick of multiple play throughs.
  6. Dec 29, 2011
    The perfect game and even though graphically and technically its been out done by Uncharted 3 this is a game no one is ever going to forget. It was such a leap from Uncharted Drake's Fortune it hit us like a brick wall opened a door and dragged us into this amazing immersive experience and that does not happen to often in video games. There is just so many great things about this game IThe perfect game and even though graphically and technically its been out done by Uncharted 3 this is a game no one is ever going to forget. It was such a leap from Uncharted Drake's Fortune it hit us like a brick wall opened a door and dragged us into this amazing immersive experience and that does not happen to often in video games. There is just so many great things about this game I have chosen the 3 best things about the game. 1: technology leap was huge and graphically stunning. 2: Set pieces. from walking through a tibetan village high in the mountains to a massive collapsing bridge at the end. 3: The characters are epic from Nathan and Harry's chats to the amazing Villain Zoran Lazarovich which to this day still is one of the greatest villains to ever be made and I wish he comes back. The only down thing was the multiplayer which I played for quite a while but needed a bit of work doing to it but luckily its all been sorted out in Uncharted 3. Another Flawless game by Naughty Dog but this game gets a 10 and theres no other score besides 10 for it.
    Technology: 10
    Graphics: 10 Campaign: 10
    Multiplayer: 7 CO-OP: 7
  7. Mar 6, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER!!!! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  8. May 22, 2012
    This game is absolutely outstanding in every aspect . It reflects itself and clearly stands among the greatest game made in any platform . Going onto multiplayer it's purely unique and amazing unlike all those fps games
  9. May 18, 2012
    this was one of the best games I've played on ps3 period. I think I've played this game twice, and then went back once a while do play particular chapters again. It was just everything you would want in a third person shooter. The story was addicting, every chapter was diverse, and game play was top notch. I loved the puzzles, and the climbing (assasins creed feel) to it. I also love thethis was one of the best games I've played on ps3 period. I think I've played this game twice, and then went back once a while do play particular chapters again. It was just everything you would want in a third person shooter. The story was addicting, every chapter was diverse, and game play was top notch. I loved the puzzles, and the climbing (assasins creed feel) to it. I also love the humor that was sometimes added into this game whether that be cut scenes, or when nathan randonly talks during firefights. Expand
  10. May 25, 2012
    Played this after Uncharted 3 and as a result it did feel slightly dated in almost every area which it is praised for (and I include story within that)

Still a very good game nevertheless.
  11. Jun 10, 2012
    i love this game one of the best for the playstation 3 the story is good
    the gameplay is good
    the singleplayer is long or 13hours
    the soundtrack is great
    the multiplayer is good
    and the co-op is awesome
  12. Jun 13, 2012
    This game got me into Uncharted... I played it through, and the second I touched the multiplayer I FELT why this game is so great compared to others... THE gameplay mechanics are simply unmached!
    The Singleplayer is more than a blockbuster and should be played by EVERY gamer in this world! (or other world!)
  13. Jun 16, 2012
    From start to finish, I could not put this game down. The story is very engaging. The voice acting is incredible. The sound effects and music are awesome. And the graphics are simply beautiful. I highly recommend this game to anyone that likes the Action/Adventure genre.
  14. Jun 21, 2012
    best game ever made- worth buying a ps3 for the unchartered series. i own an xbox 360- only forza 4, and witcher 3 can compare graphically to this masterpiece
  15. Jun 26, 2012
    Uncharted 2 improves a lot the previous episode, already very well done, in all respects, and introduces the online game Too bad there were pirates in the first Uncharted ... and a game where there are pirates can not be beat. Monkey Island Rules!
  16. Jun 27, 2012
    Best game i've ever played.. Single player is sooo good. the co-op mode online is really fun to play with friends as well. I can't Imagine games will look much better than this game does
  17. Jun 28, 2012
    The original was fun in many ways. This one is visually just as impressive if not better. Also, the Tomb Raider 2 influences are definitely present (Daggers, Tibet, etc) though that is a good thing. Honestly, this game doesn't really do me in. I feel liked I had more fun with the original. I see some notable improvements in this one over the original, but really it feels like the sameThe original was fun in many ways. This one is visually just as impressive if not better. Also, the Tomb Raider 2 influences are definitely present (Daggers, Tibet, etc) though that is a good thing. Honestly, this game doesn't really do me in. I feel liked I had more fun with the original. I see some notable improvements in this one over the original, but really it feels like the same game. It's not a bad one, but I'm not into basic platforming games and heavy emphasis on shooting. Expand
  18. Jun 30, 2012
    Amazing. Great gameplay, a fantastic storyline, a compelling narritive with great characters and a fun multiplayer.
    This game builds on the foundations left by the first game and improves it by a mile creating one of the best games ever made in my opinion as once I started playing it I couldn't stop as it was very fun.
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it has the best single player campaign ever in a game.
    The multiplayer is great with great map designs and great game modes like elimination, team deathmatch, capture the flag etc. and is very fun but I feel they could have added more custimization of guns and characters other than designing a clan logo. but otherwise is a great multiplayer experience.
    A Must have for any PS3 owner & if you don't have a PS3 get one for this game. 10/10
  19. Jul 2, 2012
    This is the second best series next to Metal Gear Solid for me. This game in particular has the best storyline of the three that are out thus far. The shooting sequences are very fun and the graphics are top notch; only being beaten by Uncharted 3 in 2011. This game is a true masterpiece! My only complains are some minor control issues as well as the stealth and melee system, howeverThis is the second best series next to Metal Gear Solid for me. This game in particular has the best storyline of the three that are out thus far. The shooting sequences are very fun and the graphics are top notch; only being beaten by Uncharted 3 in 2011. This game is a true masterpiece! My only complains are some minor control issues as well as the stealth and melee system, however both of these issues were fixed for Uncharted 3 Expand
  20. Jul 6, 2012
    Just fantastic. Its so fresh, and its a tale thats just awesome with brilliant writing and stellar gameplay. Everything about it is a step up from the previous game, and its just awesome. If you dont have a PS3, buy it for this game if any.
  21. Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't know anything about the game before I played it - which just goes to show how surprised I was when I realized I couldn't put down the controller. Not only is this game beautiful graphically, but it also includes many challenges and is great in terms of educational values. A masterpiece.
  22. Jul 21, 2012
    Didn't think I would enjoy the game but it was fantastic. One of the best single-player modes I have ever played. I wouldn't even hesitate to say that it is better than any sports game I play and I am a sports fanatic. Fantastic stuff.
  23. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best uncharted game so far. Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! No video game has ever done a better job of capturing the style and rhythm of the movies.
  24. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is really awesome. The graphics are really beautiful. The characters and the story are really very good. The game really pass that adventure feeling. Who said that this game is bad is because don't even played, or are just fanboys trying to express his sadness cause can't play the game.
  25. Aug 7, 2012
    This is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to beThis is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to be one of the best video games that I've ever played in 25+ years of actually playing video games. Expand
  26. Sep 5, 2012
    A great adventure movie but a terrible "game". The aspects of Uncharted 2 that have nothing to do with gameplay are so good that I withstood 7 hours of pure gameplay misery to see them to completion. I once read a gaming article that said if your game in prototype form is not fun to just walk around, then your game is not going to be fun. The gamer-avatar connection in Uncharted 2, as withA great adventure movie but a terrible "game". The aspects of Uncharted 2 that have nothing to do with gameplay are so good that I withstood 7 hours of pure gameplay misery to see them to completion. I once read a gaming article that said if your game in prototype form is not fun to just walk around, then your game is not going to be fun. The gamer-avatar connection in Uncharted 2, as with Uncharted 1, is simply broken. The movement system (both on foot and on walls) is imprecise, sluggish, and unpredictable. It causes me mental pain to play this game because your avatar, Drake, will not do what you want. It's the same sort of mental pain when you write with your non-dominant hand. This is not a function of games in general, because I re-played some Mass Effect 2 to see if I was crazy, and it felt incredibly responsive, precise, and predictable. Guess what I'm doing for Uncharted 3? I'll watch a video of it. I will get all the good parts with none of the misery. What are the good parts? Anything that is unrelated to gameplay: the one-liner writing, art assets (some of the best texturing I've ever seen), lighting, vistas, sense of adventure, outstanding music, etc. I will never buy another Naughty Dog (the developer) game without renting it first. Expand
  27. Oct 20, 2012
    Uncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have aUncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have a PS3 you have no excuse to not have this. This is an easy 10/10. Expand
  28. Nov 14, 2012
    Great beginning, pretty good middle, horrible third act.
    Story remains pretty good but loses some of its daring, action becomes more scripted and repetition becomes unbearable.
  29. Jan 10, 2013
    Just like the first "Uncharted" game, this one is a marvel in the graphics and sound department and there is some fun to be had, but the game is still ruined by the frustrating "monster closet" combat system. The combat is so un-fun I put the game aside after only a few hours of play and never went back.

Only slighty more fun than the first one...

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.