• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Sep 3, 2010
    I rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THEI rarely get time away from the Internet but one game that has caught my attention is Uncharted 2. I get a lot of access to review promotional freebies such as movies, games and music, so full disclosure that this was not paid for. However, that said, its not often I'll go the extra mile and beyond mandatory review sheets and I'll blog about it. Without a doubt and no word of a lie, THE finest cut scenes, and opening sequence I think I have ever played on a game. Period. There have been serious long nights and major effort put in here to make this slick, enjoyable and play really well. The talented team at naughty dog have pulled out a lot of stops for this and it shows off the PS3 beautifully.

Playing like a far superior Tomb Raider, the quality just jumps out across the script, playability and this has seriously been play tested well and money spent. Not quiet sure about the Twitter feature inbuilt where you can tweet your progress and updates but then others who aren't so info overloaded as I am may enjoy this. The opening sequence (see it on YouTube) doesn't do it justice unless in high definition on a PS3 but should hopefully give an idea of what's in store if you buy this. Highly, highly recommended.
  2. TrentN
    Oct 13, 2009
    this is the best game this gen i have just beat the games and it's amazing it was about 14 hours for me i really take my time to find all the tres i def say get this game if you have a ps3 if you dont get a ps3 and get this game.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    Can't believe all these 360 fanboys giving this game 0 out of ten, its a perfect ten from me and the best game of this gen so far, everything about this game is first class, graphics, gameplay, story and sound, they even added a fun multiplayer, while not as addictive as call of duty, its a good first attempt.
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task
    Bottom line, if you own a PS3, get this game, Naughty Dog have a huge task beating this with the sequel but if anyone can do it its Naughty Dog 10/10
  4. Sep 1, 2010
    One of the best single player campaigns I ever played. The story is awesome, pacing is great, graphics top notch. The mp is fun but needs some work.
  5. Sep 10, 2010
    There is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of theThere is one word that describes this game. Amazing. I was glued to the storyline until the very end, in which I actually wanted more. The characters are absolutely fantastic, and so are the voice actors! The graphics are phenomenal for a console. The gameplay was also great, but not innovative. For this game however, the gameplay fit perfectly, and so did the 3rd person view of the character. For those that want a great game, buy this, it's worth it. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2010
    the story is much more interesting then the first, the gameplay remains the same, the Enemy Ai is much more smarter, and it has online play which i rarely use
  7. Aug 18, 2010
    This game is totally awesome!!!! Graphics, Story, Cut scenes and Game play are off the rockers.... I couldn't wait more for the third edition of the legendary drake's series. Seriously, buy ps3 just to play this mind blowing game...
  8. Apr 19, 2012
    This game is disappointing. The puzzles are easy, the platform is terrible and the shooter is meh. To me Uncharted 2 is more of a cinematic quality show-off than a game with good gameplay.
  9. GameInformer
    Oct 17, 2009
    This game blows chunks. We at Game Informer believe that you have all caught "the vapors" and also believe if you love this game so much, that you should marry it. Gamers always eat up everything that has an ounce of hype, and then cry like babies when the game sucks. You all fail at life. - GI
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    This without a dout, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE! The story is great the, graphics are stunning and the gameplay is soooo much fun. Anyone who says differently wouldn't know a good game is it came up and bit them in the butt.
  11. AdrianC.
    Oct 14, 2009
    This is honestly the best game I have ever played hands down. MGS4 and Uncharted 2 are the only games where I could not put down the controller because I HAD to know what was going to happen next!
  12. TimL
    Oct 22, 2009
    The absolute best game I have played in a very long time. This game has it all ! Gameplay Graphics Story Acting/Voice acting Sound and effects Multiplayer/Co-op Trophies This game is without a doubt THE game to own a PS3 for.
  13. BrandonH
    Jan 2, 2010
    More games need to be like this. It has the story, the gameplay, the cutscenes, and the sexy ladies XD but not only do they have them, they have them perfected!
  14. IvanY
    Jan 20, 2010
    UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves is awesome. It has great epic story, great unrivaled graphics the gameplay is fantastic. The replay value is endless and extremely fun. The multiplayer is awesome too with a bunch people always on and no lag a pure blast i love the first 1 too it was perfect. I can't wait to buy number 3. This game is definitely one of Sony's best master piece Only on PlayStation. If you a true gamer you need to own this master piece is jaw dropping. Expand
  15. LiamM
    Jan 25, 2010
    Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F Greatest game I ever played, was completely blown away by every aspect. I never thought there would be a game that could beat MGS4 as my favorite but Uncharted 2 stole that title. Another thing, the 'fanboys' voting a 0 are really doing my head in, is there really people that sad that they have to lower a games grade because it's not on their console of choice? Johan F reckons the graphics are 'average'? Gave away your fanboyism right there, well done. And Game Informer reckons people who like this game 'fail at life' ...yeah ok, sort yourself out fanboy and take a look at your life. Degrading a game because your a jealous fanboy? Pathetic and sad all rolled in to one. Expand
  16. michaelk
    Jan 8, 2010
    this is very simply the best game on the ps3, it improves on drakes fortune in every way plus the multiplayer is a fantastic bonus I really can't find enough ways to say that this is one of the greatest games ever made :)
  17. GeorgiG
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game is stunningly cinematic but at the same time very immersive. The graphics and level design are top notch. Loved the multiplayer and will definitely continue playing it.
  18. John
    Oct 13, 2009
    No more reviews, ranks, "gofty"... Just experience it. Don't be blind, don't be fanboy, just be a gamer and you won't regret it. Uncharted 2 gives you the ability to change how you look at games. Best Games Everyone.
  19. Apr 10, 2011
    If you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation butIf you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation but the gameplay's so polished and the action so breathtaking that you won't notice or care. Stunning set piece follows thrilling shootout and the quality just doesn't let up throughout the entire game. The graphics, the cut scenes, script and voice acting are also of the very highest quality and the whole experience is like being in a great action movie while still feeling like a game. Many people have called Uncharted 2 the best game of this generation; I feel it falls just short of that accolade but i will call it the greatest pure action game i've ever played and (I'll say it again) - must buy! Expand
  20. Feb 27, 2011
    At this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negativeAt this point you should know whether or not Uncharted 2 is a good game or not. I just thought that as a near two year late review, you should rest easy and get off the fence, buy this game. The Tech is great for what it's going for, the story, characters, design, voice acting among other things are on spot on. I'm replaying both Uncharted games gearing up for Uncharted 3. All negative reviews can be written off as bias, even if they are not. Expand
  21. Mar 3, 2011
    Basically, I only have one thing to say about this game and its prequel... Best movie I've seen in a lone time. Both feel like you are watching an action movie, while at the same time allow you to play a game. Even the online multiplayer is an action-packed blockbuster. If you have any doubts about this game, cast them aside, you won't need them where you're going.
  22. Mar 9, 2011
    Easily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on CrushingEasily the best ps3 game out. The essence of the game is so fantastic. Best graphics, Great storyline, and Online is amazing. I fell in love with this game the second i turned it on. Everything that was wrong in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was corrected in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The Co-op mode is great. The story is not too hard except for your first time around. I beat it on Crushing in 10 hours 47 minutes which was a great accomplishment. Your weapon choice a kinda big variety from rpg-7 to m4 to mk-ndi and so on. It gives a challenge because some people are harder to kill than others like the gau gunners and Shambahla guardians. The character choice for online is wide whether your a heroe or villian. So stop reading this, find $30 and go buy Uncharted 2. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2011
    This game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing orThis game is simply AMAZING. I've had it for more than a year, and I'ts still my favourite game ever and I'm still playing it. First, the controls are near flawless, the only problem is when you want to roll but end up going into cover or vice versa, but that's a really small problem. I've read some reviews where some people say it's bad, and I think it's because they suck at playing or they're just saying that because they're 360 fanboys. The Graphics, Story, and everything about it are excellent. This game deserves all of the awards and hype, and it's WAY better and more original than COD and most other games. This game was so good, that I kept playing it to get the platinum trophy, and I've never done that to any other game before. I finished it 3 times and loved every second of it. Now I'm done with the Single Player. Now onto the Multiplayer. Sure, it has some problems, actually lots of problems, but the core gameplay is really fun and unique. These problems will probably be fixed in the next game, and I will definitely be getting that. I HIGHLY recommend you get this game, as it's the best game I've ever played(and I've played a lot). Expand
  24. Mar 12, 2011
    One of the best games I have ever played. The story is compelling and keeps you playing. The graphics are awesome and the cutscenes are great. This is one of the games which makes you buy a ps3.
  25. Mar 18, 2011
    Quite brilliant in many ways. Non stop entertainment from start to finish. So many games these days don't fulfill their potential, this isn't one of them. Looking forward to Uncharted 3.
  26. May 7, 2011
    Naughty Dog has out-done themselves. This game is fun! The graphics are beyond any game to this day, and the game play is challenging and addicting. And for the first time of Uncharted online game play the developers made an exceptional experience. Though one small pet peeve I have of this game is that the game play isn't addicting enough to keep you playing the game, eventually you justNaughty Dog has out-done themselves. This game is fun! The graphics are beyond any game to this day, and the game play is challenging and addicting. And for the first time of Uncharted online game play the developers made an exceptional experience. Though one small pet peeve I have of this game is that the game play isn't addicting enough to keep you playing the game, eventually you just go play other games. Expand
  27. Dec 3, 2011
    Its been over two years since the release of this game, and I can safely say Uncharted 2 is still a treasure to behold. The graphics are insane, the sound is amazing, the story/characters is well-done, and the gameplay is top-notch smooth. The campaign is the best of the best. Finding treasures and tweaking the game also give even more life to the already amazing game. The multiplayerIts been over two years since the release of this game, and I can safely say Uncharted 2 is still a treasure to behold. The graphics are insane, the sound is amazing, the story/characters is well-done, and the gameplay is top-notch smooth. The campaign is the best of the best. Finding treasures and tweaking the game also give even more life to the already amazing game. The multiplayer is also fantastic, despite some balance issues. Its also not as deep, but you need not worry: the game as a whole is fantastic. This game will go down as one of the best for sure. Expand
  28. Dec 3, 2012
    Absolutely loved this game from the very first second to the very last millisecond. When I started playing games, these were the type of games I could've only dreamt of. But now that I have played it, it will never be forgotten, and nor should it be. The best game I have played in ages and will continue to be one of my most favorite games of all time.
  29. Apr 12, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on the original game in almost every aspect you could think of. Most notably, the game features a lot more diversity in environments and gameplay, and the combat and platforming has been polished and refined as well. Additionally, the amount of enemies that you encounter in the game has generally been reduced, which I find to be a good thing. UnchartedUncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on the original game in almost every aspect you could think of. Most notably, the game features a lot more diversity in environments and gameplay, and the combat and platforming has been polished and refined as well. Additionally, the amount of enemies that you encounter in the game has generally been reduced, which I find to be a good thing. Uncharted is a game that shouldn't involve TOO much shooting, and I found this to be one of the major problems of the first game (it's almost like they were throwing enemies at you just for the sake of it, to piss you off).

The game is a joy to play and, thankfully, it still retains a very strong and compelling storyline. It's hard to pick out faults in this game, but I guess one minor issue I had was the fact that the game, at times, wouldn't really allow me to PLAY. What I mean here is that the game will sometimes give me a cutscene when I expect gameplay, and this can be kind of disappointing at times. Still, it honestly doesn't bother me much, because the length of the game is fine as it is, and it's not like the cut scenes themselves are bad. For this reason, the game still warrants a 10/10. Practically flawless.
  30. Mar 12, 2013
    It's not one of the best... it's the best game i've ever played! The single-player is amazing, the graphics are pure perfect and the multiplayer is the best online shooter of all-time. Uncharted 2 is masterpiece and easily the best game for the ps3.
  31. Mar 15, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazingUncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazing but it's probably one of the best multiplayer experiences to be found on PS3, although now it's better to go to Uncharted 3 for multiplayer, The best part of this game is experiencing the story and it's characters whilst having some top notch gameplay and graphics. This is my favorite of the Uncharted series and anyone who is looking for a good action game will enjoy this. Expand
  32. Apr 27, 2013
    Best game this gen without a doubt. This game is not only better than the first, it's different in a good way.
    Single Player: Amazing. Simply breath taking. What more can I say?
    Multiplayer: Good tacked-on MP. Although it gets slightly dull at times (especially without friends) it's still a tough beat/shoot em up.
    Get this game! Especially if you like Tomb Raider (especially the new one)
  33. Jun 19, 2013
    Amazing. By far the best in the series. It improves over the 1st one ten fold. This truly shows the world what Naughty Dog can do. The story is amazing, one of the best I've experienced so far, I haven't finished the last of us yet. Now all they need to do is make Jak 4. But this will defiantly be one of my favorite games.
  34. GeorgeK.
    Jan 30, 2010
    This game is incredible. You just can't deny it. Amazing graphics, awesome gameplay, and great voice acting. All the 360 fan boys who rate this 0 or 1 and yet have never played it are pathetic. They simply can't stand the fact that the PS3 has one of the best games of all time. I can't rate this game highly enough. Get a PS3 get this game!
  35. Jean-PhilippeG
    Oct 19, 2009
    Absolutely, positively amazing. The graphics get you in, the story grips you and the gameplay mesmerizes you until the end. Naughty Dog's experience shines like never before in this masterpiece of gaming, a perfect blend between the likes of Gears of War, Prince of Persia and their own Jak & Daxter. Excellent voice acting combines with a well-written, witty script to deliver the very Absolutely, positively amazing. The graphics get you in, the story grips you and the gameplay mesmerizes you until the end. Naughty Dog's experience shines like never before in this masterpiece of gaming, a perfect blend between the likes of Gears of War, Prince of Persia and their own Jak & Daxter. Excellent voice acting combines with a well-written, witty script to deliver the very Indiana Jones-esque story which, while rather standard-issue, fits the characters and the overall experience perfectly. The gameplay sequences blend marvellously well with the cutscenes, helping to create an engrossing experience. One of the few games that managed to keep me up at 3AM in the morning, still wishing to continue playing! Expand
  36. OscarS
    Oct 13, 2009
    This game is absolutely mind blowing from beginning to end. I know many sites said this game is unoriginal, BUT THAT'S THE POINT!!! Naughty Dog polished every aspect of the game so much, that it's on a higher level. Best single player experience i've ever had.
  37. DanualS
    Oct 13, 2009
    Despite some rather frustrating moments with the stealth this game shows once again the quality of work Naughty Dog produces and delivers an experience like no other.
  38. BenP
    Oct 18, 2009
    The BEST game i have played in years and BY FAR the best single player i have ever experienced. Couldn't put it down, challenging, fun, looks incredible, great multiplayer too - Masterpiece of gaming, its one of if not my favourite game of all time and i only got it yesterday!
  39. AT
    Oct 19, 2009
    Congratulations Naughty Dogg on a masterpiece of gaming. Excellent story and presentation to go with jaw dropping visuals. And then there is a very fun and rewarding to play multiplayer component.
  40. SeanD
    Oct 19, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the top games I have ever played. It has a great balance of stealth, shootouts, parkour, and puzzles. The dialogue is amazing especially if you really pay attention you will find yourself waiting in a few places just to hear what they have to say. The environments are 10/10 they are beautiful and the way your intended to go doesnt stand out in the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the top games I have ever played. It has a great balance of stealth, shootouts, parkour, and puzzles. The dialogue is amazing especially if you really pay attention you will find yourself waiting in a few places just to hear what they have to say. The environments are 10/10 they are beautiful and the way your intended to go doesnt stand out in the environment, it blends in. Definately adds to the aesthetics. Graphics and physics altogether are great. Characters are well rendered, they move and act realistically. The story is compelling and at sometimes yes predictable but still found myself excited to see what happens next. If you own a Ps3 just go buy Uncharted 2. I highly doubt you will be disappointed. Expand
  41. DanielH
    Nov 17, 2009
    This game is simply put, Outstanding! Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the PS3's best looking game. The campaign is very cinematic, at parts i could not tell if i was controlling Drake or not. My only problem with the game is that the cover system is a bit sticky online.
  42. Jul 11, 2011
    Beautiful. This game has a ridiculous amount of polish. Literally every moment is packed with action. It's one of those games that you buy a PS3 for.
  43. Sep 19, 2011
    The very main reason I got a PS3. Immersive, heart pounding, action packed and ridiculously over-the-top. A game that I think is a good enough reason why the PS3 is a great console. The story is so good that it could just pass by as a blockbuster movie and the characters are so human that it feels like you have met them some time in your life. If you have a Playstation 3, you have to get it.
  44. Oct 31, 2011
    -Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do-Review BRAZIL- "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" traz à tona tudo o que conhecemos sobre exploração. Envolto nesse clima, à lá Indiana Jones, o game de tiro em terceira pessoa, baseado em cobertura, plataformas, puzzles. Não é a toa que foi considerado o melhor jogo de 2009. Basta ver as notas do próprio site. 39 reviews perfeitos, nota 100. E 105 reviews positivos. As notas negativas de usúario de x-box, não podemos levar a sério! Sem dúvida nenhuma o melhor jogo de todos os tempos. NOTA 10. Expand
  45. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  46. Oct 7, 2011
    One of the best I've played this generation and improvement so far, has a mystique of adventure, have the nostalgia and spirit of Indiana jones of adventures with the dexterity of lara croft.
    The story is competent and the action is full of cues and climax, few games together so many positive aspects that make us happy to play it, the online is addictive and different from others.
  47. Nov 30, 2010
    Now I'm not nut for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I do believe Naughty Dog has hit their stride with this particular title. The main campaign is great (not godly now) and the multiplayer is fun (assuming your that kind of person who either has IRL friends or online buddies). Overall, give it a try because its more than what you think it could be.
  48. Jan 9, 2011
    There aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from theThere aren't many times when a sequel turns out to be much better than the original idea had been, however there are exceptions and one of the very big ones is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second installment in Naughty Dog's adventure series builds upon the point previously set by the first game, presenting something entirely unique and flawless in many aspects. Everything from the Story to the game play and to the presentation is top notch. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune introduced the core game play and the exploration techniques which are included in this game but with a few tweaks and bumps this part is able top the former.

The Story line was expected to be immerse, anything less was going to be disappointing. Thankfully that is not the case and there are hardly any other games available that focus so much on the plot than this one. From the beginning second the player is curious to know what exactly the situation is and from there it varies from a cat and mouse chase to an exhilarating journey to to uncover the biggest secret that can change the whole course of the world. By getting into the specifics the game starts out by showing a hurt and injured Drake trapped in a train, after escaping narrowly flashback reveal how he had gotten there. Fresh from his adventures from El dorado Drake is visited by an old acquaintance Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer, whom Drake might or not already have an old connection with. After being persuaded to join them in finding out and taking the treasure from Marco Polo's lost ship's, Drake soon finds out that there is more going around. He soon learns that an evil warlord is also after Marco Polo's ships but for a different reason which eventually thrusts Nate into the game as well leading him to try and save the world from the impending consequences. He is not alone, however, returning are Drake's friend and Mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and old flame Elena Fisher. Also an integral part being offered by Chloe, this is one tale that will definitely make players go through the campaign mode at least a few more times after the initial finish.

Being a complete package of a game, Uncharted 2 is host to some refreshing game play. Like before Drake has to fight off the baddies that stick to him. Naturally the best weapons are his variety of guns although hand to hand combat is also helpful more times than not. Guns feature the classic machine guns, revolvers and sniper rifles while in some crucial points Missile launchers and grenades become extremely helpful. As the main aspect of combat is full of shooting, cover is necessary. You will find yourself taking cover in almost about every fight.
    Uncharted 2 boasts some of the best graphics ever seen on the PlayStation 3 or any other console to that matter. Everything is simply beautiful and it seems as if it gets better and better as you go on. The game seems to entice the player which encourages you to keep on playing. Its not your classic green scenery, the game takes you around the urban streets and offers spectacular sights of the city, the taking you to snow filled mountains and caves with gorgeous sights to see. The attention to detail is simply excellent, you'll see birds flying or nestling among the tress, even bullets are distinguishable . Running in the mountains will get snow all over you or swimming will get you wet. This is all only in game, the cut scenes offer their own pleasure, All the characters feel real making the game seem more like a movie at these points. Adding even more life is the acting by the characters, Nolan North is at his unparalleled best with Drake and the supporting characters, especially the main villain, all help in making the atmosphere believable and at times pleasant.

Achieving Perfection may be impossible but Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a hell of an attempt at it. One that will have everyone anxiously waiting for the next part. Naughty Dog's already respectable reputation will undoubtedly flourish for anyone that plays this game. It is impossible to own a PlayStation 3 and not buy this game, Superb Troys, Exhilarating Multiplayer, Great Visuals and Solid acting makes this one for the ages.
  49. Jan 12, 2011
    This game is amazing. Action packed gameplay, cutscenes. The gameplay has so mush action that its like a hollywood movie. Controls are excellent, story is great, voice acting is top-notch and the graphics as well. This is a must own for PS3 owners.
  50. Jan 14, 2011
    6 Words = The Greatest Game of all Time! Graphics are stunning, both Single player and Multiplayer! The Story is one of the best! Cut Scenes look amazing! Game play is better than ever, and has one of the only Multiplayers I ever use! Anyone who says this is bad has never played it or is a x - box fanboy! My only 10/10 ever goes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  51. Jan 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has improved and expanded gameplay from the first, an excellent hollywood story, perfect graphics, amazing sound design, a lengthy single player, and an awesome multiplayer. Uncharted 2 has a heart for story, and loads of entertainment for gamers. Simply a masterpiece. Don't miss out.
  52. Jul 8, 2011
    After I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprisingAfter I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprising good and is probably the premiere multiplayer shooter/platformer. This is an amazing game and DEFINITELY check this title out. Expand
  53. Feb 21, 2011
    this game is outstanding, you can't even compare this to "COD". The graphics are amazing, the controls are decent, the story is amazing, the online gameplay is amazing, the maps are amazing, and its overall a lot more fun than call of duty black ops and modern warfare.
  54. Feb 22, 2011
    This is the closest thing to a perfect game available right now. The gameplay is fun. It uses a good shooting and cover system. Its visually stunning with some excellent set pieces. The writing and voicing are the best i've seen. The pacing of the game makes it constantly entertaining. A must have.
  55. Nov 1, 2011
    Been playing games since the early 80s and this right now is for me the best game I've ever played. The morons on here that proclaim it being over rated and repetitve are either dimwits or work for competing games developers. I accept that we all like different things and for some this may only be an 8/10 game but I haven't been able to put it down. The single player was exciting,Been playing games since the early 80s and this right now is for me the best game I've ever played. The morons on here that proclaim it being over rated and repetitve are either dimwits or work for competing games developers. I accept that we all like different things and for some this may only be an 8/10 game but I haven't been able to put it down. The single player was exciting, engrossing and brought new ideas with humour and a fantatsic storyline. But it's the multiplayer that is just sublime. I paid £40 but had UNchartered 3 come out at £100 it would have been worth it simply for the replay value. The only other game that comes close to it is Streetfighter 2 when it came out on the Snes. I can't wait to play Drake's deception and for anyone who doesn't own Unchartered 2, this is a must own title that is right now a masterpiece in gaming. Expand
  56. Mar 10, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog'sUncharted: Drake's Fortune was one of the best games on the PlayStation 3 and of 2007. The story and characters were excellent, the visuals were outstanding and the gunplay and platforming elements were satisfying. Not only did it raise the bar for visuals, but it also spawned the start of what would be a successful franchise. Enter Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Naughty Dog's highly-anticipated sequel. With an impressive track record that dates back to the successful PlayStation franchise Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted 2 brought anticipation as well as expectation - Would it deliver, and more importantly, could it possibly get any better than it's predecessor? Absolutely. Uncharted 2 is a magnificent experience, a highly-exciting blend of extremely pacey action cinema and wonderous drama and, without a question, the best game of 2010 and absolutely of the best action games of all time.

The game is set roughly two years after Drake's Fortune. Protagonist Nathan Drake returns and, after meeting supporting characters Harry Flynn and Chloe Frazer and discussing elements of the lost treasure of Marco Polo and the remnant fleets that go along with that legend, Drake agrees and they set off on a grand adventure that traverses street level, savannah and even snow environments. There are also some surprises in store that are certainly not going to be spoiled here.

Firstly, the story is fresh, brilliantly pre-concepted and superbly executed. The way Naughty Dog tells the story is suspensful and exciting. The cut-scenes are excellently shot and edited and feature some superb, witty writing and dialogue. The cast do a phenomenal job from a VO standpoint, which is becoming uncommon regarding recent lacklustre VO releases.

Of course Uncharted 2 is a retail game and shall be judged in every department, but the most absolutely anticipated aspect of the sequel lies in it's technical values and visual design. To be honest, each console has it's great game of visual merit. Crash Bandicoot and Metal Gear Solid for the PlayStation, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 and now, Uncharted 2 for the PlayStation 3. The visuals here are absolutely impeccable, with jaw-dropping lighting, textures and water effects. The character animations are phenomenal and the cut-scenes are mesmerizing. It gives the game a great interactive, movie-like feel which brings in more intensity. The art direction will be talked about years from now and the draw distance and particle effects are incredible. Visuals seriously cannot possibly get any better than this. Naughty Dog has raised the bar again.

The sound effects are brilliant and the score is great, though overdone at times. The roaring pieces playing throughout intense firefights add to the tension, the great Tibetan music playing during said sequences are beautifully-arranged and the main theme is again memorable.

The gameplay is noticeably familiar to Drake's Fortune and will be both comfortable and instantly recognisable with gamers who played through Nate's first adventure. The gunplay is fleshed out slightly more with regards to additional features and weapons. Miniguns can be manned, gunfire is more effective from cover and the stealth sections are great and work perfectly within that theme. The AI, both friendly and hostile, is much more improved, thanks in part due to improved physics and environmental structuring. The level design now allows Drake to traverse more high places such as rooftops and ledges, and the AI will now respond more intelligently to your location. Friendly AI will also shoot with you and assist in covering you. On higher difficulties especially, AI vastly increases.

Naughty Dog has again included great amounts of bonus features - From treasures (now increased from sixty to one hundred), lots of medals that are tied to trophies (though sadly they remain near-identical) and lots of cheats, skins and gallery content that can be purchased using in-game money via obtaining medals.

Multiplayer is a new feature to Uncharted this time around, and it is fantastic. 10 people fight it out through 5 vs 5 gunfights across different incredibly-designed maps and lots of variety in their modes. Deathmatch is the most common and the way to go, but there are also other instances such as survival modes where up to three players can fend off waves of enemies, collecting gold and returning it to a location and capture the flag and territorial modes for even more intense play. There is also Co-op, where said three players can participate in missions garnered from levels of the single player campaign, though with different objectives and different sections of the level.

Overall, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an amazing game. It's great story excites, it's visuals are groundbreaking and the gunplay is again satisfying and greatly improved. The multiplayer is an excellent addition. This is a must-buy.
  57. Mar 24, 2011
    Incredible story, incredible gameplay, incredible music, incredible scenery, incredible multiplayer, incredible girls. The best game in existence, hands down!
  58. Mar 16, 2011
    This isn't just a game. It's an experience. The locale, characters, music... The aftertaste of this game is simply beautiful. Naughty Dog really will really have to pull their jackets on to top this game.
  59. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best game ever made and the reasons is the story is great and you like the characters and just some stupid one liners like other games.the graphics are amazing and proofs the ps3 is the console for the best graphics and not pulled back by multi-platform games that dont show ps3 full potential cause of xbox.the campaign is amazing you get sucked in and just want to keep playingOne of the best game ever made and the reasons is the story is great and you like the characters and just some stupid one liners like other games.the graphics are amazing and proofs the ps3 is the console for the best graphics and not pulled back by multi-platform games that dont show ps3 full potential cause of xbox.the campaign is amazing you get sucked in and just want to keep playing and you dont want it to end and its 10 hours long so thats good for a campaign.the multiplayer is top notch is well.So i recommend anyone who owns a ps3 to play this game its the best game on ps3 period and anyone who gives this a bad review which i seen on this website is xbox fanboy. Expand
  60. Mar 27, 2011
    This is seriously the greatest game i've ever played. Its got the best graphics, storytelling, gameplay, and multiplayer i've ever seen. Anyone that hasn't played it should, and anyone who genuinely has knows what i'm talking about.
  61. Apr 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is perfect in all things. Main story is great. All sounds and music are good.Graphic is AMAZING, propably the best graphic game.Gameplay is fun, there is a lot of action and there arent any loading durning big actions like in train' chase, that is incredible! This game is great reason to buy PlayStation 3!
    Unfortunately not all like 3rd person games.
  62. Apr 20, 2011
    I have one word to describe this game. And that word is 'amazing'. The storyline was, and still is, amazing! I wanted more after I completed the game, that's how good it was. The gameplay is not new, but it fits perfectly with the game. The cover system is fantastic, you go in and out of cover smoother than many 3rd person shooters out there. The characters were all unique, in fact,I have one word to describe this game. And that word is 'amazing'. The storyline was, and still is, amazing! I wanted more after I completed the game, that's how good it was. The gameplay is not new, but it fits perfectly with the game. The cover system is fantastic, you go in and out of cover smoother than many 3rd person shooters out there. The characters were all unique, in fact, it is almost impossible not to like every one of them. The multiplayer, once again, is amazing. If you are looking for an amazing game on the PS3, this is it. Pick it up, trust me, you will like it! Expand
  63. Apr 21, 2011
    This game is truly incredible in every possible way. The fact that it has an 8.9 user score despite Metacritic being a den of degenerate morons goes to show how amazing it is. Let me start this review off by praising what just might be the best part of the game: The narrative. The story is cliche, but beautifully told through some of the most amazing character interaction ever seen. TheThis game is truly incredible in every possible way. The fact that it has an 8.9 user score despite Metacritic being a den of degenerate morons goes to show how amazing it is. Let me start this review off by praising what just might be the best part of the game: The narrative. The story is cliche, but beautifully told through some of the most amazing character interaction ever seen. The writing is believable, consistently amusing and unrelentingly organic, further compliment by the voice actors' flawless delivery, elevating the characters far above their stereotypes. The cutscenes are sensationally executed and have just the right length to them. The morons who think they're too long have the attention spans of 6 year olds. The gameplay is spectacular, brilliantly mixing just the right amount of platforming, puzzles and shooting. The set-pieces are absolutely soaked with adrenaline, and they'll stay in your head for quite some time. Also, let me just say that anyone who thinks this game is bad because it's linear is a ******* idiot who doesn't understand the importance of linearity in video games. The visuals are nothing short of awe-inspiring. The animations are easily the greatest of any video game ever, the environments are brought to life with stunning detail and the game abounds with breathtaking vistas. All in all, the graphics are virtually flawless and anyone who denounces them should not be taken seriously at all. The campaign is an amazing, perfectly paced adventure that is easily a good 9+ hours that's so utterly phenomenal you'll want to replay it again and again, not only due to the insane quality but also due to the in-game store in the bonus section that allows you to equip special skins, tweak the game with settings like "slow motion" and "no gravity" plus a whole lot more. And then there's the multiplayer. It takes awhile to get into, but once you do it gets insanely fun and never gets old. Plus, their is the co-op. Sadly, there are only 3 missions, but they're all very exciting and well-done. Bottom line: The game is flawless, aside from gunplay that just doesn't feel very satisfying. The complaints I've seen here in Metacritic are beyond retarded and any review that gives this game less than an 8 should be completely ignored. Expand
  64. Apr 23, 2011
    Single player was one of my favorite experiences playing a game I had ever played. I didn't expect the multiplayer to be anything. Then I played it. It's now my favorite game I have ever played. Sorry FF7.
  65. Apr 29, 2011
    This is in response to paulg's review of the game Uncharted 2. Oh the irony.

Uncharted takes what was good in Uncharted and builds on it. A wonderful game
  66. Aug 8, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game. The graphics, gameplay, characters, sound, environments, art-style, story and pure epicness are all masterfully done which makes for one of the best, most memorable gaming experiences ever. If you have a PS3 buy this game, it's as simple as that.
  67. Nov 1, 2011
    This is game is freakin amazing. Everything in this game is fantastic and awesome. If you have a PS3 , get this game. If you dont have a ps3 , go buy one and this game!! 10/10
  68. Aug 1, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves blew me away start to finish. The story was completely original and hugely engrossing, the graphics are definitely some of the best I have seen on any game ever, the characters are believable and compelling and the game can last for up-to 20 hours. This is the best PS3 game I have ever played, and probably one of the best games I will ever play on any console.
  69. Aug 11, 2011
    I dont know why people are comparing this game to gears, cause its nothing like it its on a league of its own. Graphics and gameplay are well done, sounds of the guns are the only turn down but that can easily be forgotten when playing the game really. Cover system is top notch unique gameplay when it comes to multiplayer. Not bad at all to think that naughty dogs first 3rd person shooterI dont know why people are comparing this game to gears, cause its nothing like it its on a league of its own. Graphics and gameplay are well done, sounds of the guns are the only turn down but that can easily be forgotten when playing the game really. Cover system is top notch unique gameplay when it comes to multiplayer. Not bad at all to think that naughty dogs first 3rd person shooter in multiplayer also really. great story telling memorable characters great multiplayer. its a 10/10 indeed. Expand
  70. Aug 15, 2011
    Game Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly the bomb and the first part overcame several times. Uncharted 2 is a genre king one hundred percent. In this game the story develops a lot of intricate and can not predict what will happen. Not to criticize the game because the game has done action cast shame and stealth elements fit perfectly there quietly kill the enemies you have the bonus weapon orGame Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly the bomb and the first part overcame several times. Uncharted 2 is a genre king one hundred percent. In this game the story develops a lot of intricate and can not predict what will happen. Not to criticize the game because the game has done action cast shame and stealth elements fit perfectly there quietly kill the enemies you have the bonus weapon or grenade you have to select a stealth but it takes more time and the bosses for a few moments and you can use stealth all the time. It makes such a high rating . Collapse Expand
  71. Sep 1, 2011
    At this point, what is there that be said about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that hasn't been said already? It's fun, immersive, beautiful, amazing, the list goes on and on. From the very beginning -- even before we see our hero Nathan Drake -- the game grabs our attention by presenting us a quote from famous Italian explorer Marco Polo, "I did not tell have what I saw, for I knew I wouldAt this point, what is there that be said about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves that hasn't been said already? It's fun, immersive, beautiful, amazing, the list goes on and on. From the very beginning -- even before we see our hero Nathan Drake -- the game grabs our attention by presenting us a quote from famous Italian explorer Marco Polo, "I did not tell have what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed." From that very moment, and every moment after, the game's storyline, one if it's biggest attributes, never let's you go. But a story isn't much without the cast that carries it and Uncharted 2 does not disappoint. The dialog between the characters is always entertaining and cutscenes are always a joy to watch. The perfectly written, funny conversations between protagonist Nathan Drake and his mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan -- which mostly happen in-game so you can actually be doing rather than sitting and watching -- is truly something we haven't seen before, or since, in a video game.

But the one thing that makes this game truly great is it's ability to keep you playing, and even when you're not playing, you want to be. The tight controls are really something to be loved. Moving from cover-to-cover is always percise and responsive and you'll always end up behind the object you intended to use for cover, but at the same time, you never feel "glued" to a certain piece of cover making traversal across cover when enemies are storming from all angles feel intense and enjoyable rather then tedious and frustrating. I cannot stress enough is how great the pacing is for the gameplay, you won't feel like you been playing the duck and cover, cat and mouse game for too long because the game breaks up platforming and combat perfectly. One of the things that makes Uncharted 2 so amazing is that it's never boring, every moment, be it Nathan Drake escaping a train about to fall off the edge of a mountain, stealthily breaking into an art museum, blowing-up an enemy compound, exploring ancient ruins, fighting a helicopter while moving across rooftops of Nepal, taking down enemies while atop a train rushing across the side of a snowy mountain, jumping from truck-to-truck as they in hopes of not getting of not getting killed by RPGs, trying to destroy a military tank as it terrorizes a peaceful Tebitan village while nimbly avoiding death.

Take everything that I've mentioned above, mix it with some of the most beautiful graphics in the industry, the best voice-acting found anywhere, a stellar soundtrack, intense competitive online multiplayer and you have, not only the best games of 2009, or even this generation, but one of the best games ever. Period.

When it comes to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, it's a class all by itself.
  72. Sep 21, 2011
    This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny.This game took amazing to the next level for me I've never been so addicted to what happens a game just to find out what happens next! I cant put into words the joy this game brought me. It took over my favorite game of all time easily which was no easy task! This is a game that you must play if you havent go get it now and do it trust me its worth every bit of time and every penny. Masterpiece! Expand
  73. Sep 15, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was brilliant but Uncharted2:Among thieves is whole lot more brilliant and then some.
    Surpassed even my highest of expectations and will go down as one of the greatest games ever made.period.
  74. Sep 18, 2011
    This game is one of the best games I've EVER played. The single player is very fun and maybe even a little bit addicting. I can guarantee you that this game will not be a disappointment. Playing the single player on Normal is just pure awesomeness and the multiplayer isn't bad either; it has several good weapons to use and a bunch of maps with exotic details on them. If you own a PS3 thenThis game is one of the best games I've EVER played. The single player is very fun and maybe even a little bit addicting. I can guarantee you that this game will not be a disappointment. Playing the single player on Normal is just pure awesomeness and the multiplayer isn't bad either; it has several good weapons to use and a bunch of maps with exotic details on them. If you own a PS3 then this is a game that you should definitely get. Expand
  75. Oct 4, 2011
    This has got to be the most movie-like game experience I have ever had. The characters and storyline are as good as any of the Indy movies - and the gameplay just works. A polished diamond.
  76. Oct 7, 2011
    Great game play. Great story. Great graphics. Great online. Greatly balanced trophy's (Gold trophy's are hard and bronze trophy's are easy, unlike games like wipeout.)
    Can it get better?
  77. Oct 13, 2011
    A true successor to the original. The aiming/movement has been improved, with a great multiplayer package, expanded cast to make this on most people's shortlists for best PS3 game, best looking game, best game of all time and rightfully so, this game deserves it. Treasures, medals, multiplayer and the compelling singleplayer will have you playing this for days/weeks/months, even years.
  78. Dec 15, 2011
    This game is amazing, I have nothing to say negative about this game, but it was awesome. The story was good. the graphic are good. and the multiplayer is good.
  79. Dec 3, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. the story is fantastic, everything is great and it feels like a movie. VERY well done. the only problem is near the end of the game i was sick of going from room to room fighting bad guys. just a little too much gunplay near the end for me. but besides that it was PERFECT. keep up the good work naughty dog!! ::))
  80. May 7, 2012
    Theirs a reason why this game is 2009's Game of the Year. It won so many GOTY awards that it went into the World records book as "most acclaimed game". Uncharted 2 is easily one of the best games ever created and all the reviewers raved about that. Words can not express on how out-stand/brilliant this game is.
  81. 4DI
    Nov 13, 2012
    Everything a sequel should be! It improves everything it's predecessor had, and adds much more! The online component will keep you engaged for a very long time. Many gameplay mechanics have been vamped up 10 fold, and I can't even scratch the surface of it ! The presentation is mind blowing! I have to hand it to Naughty Dog for making sequels that never disappoint. And whats an Naughty DogEverything a sequel should be! It improves everything it's predecessor had, and adds much more! The online component will keep you engaged for a very long time. Many gameplay mechanics have been vamped up 10 fold, and I can't even scratch the surface of it ! The presentation is mind blowing! I have to hand it to Naughty Dog for making sequels that never disappoint. And whats an Naughty Dog title without a handfull of twists and surprises !?! Expand
  82. Jul 12, 2013
    This is one of the best and my favorite ps3 exclusives, not only from ps3 but one of the best playstation exclusives. I love everything, the story, the dialog and the jokes the characters make, the gameplay and the bonus. For 2009 this game has much more quality than other games that came this year. Sure it isn't perfect, during the game i noticed that when i tried to pick a weapon thatThis is one of the best and my favorite ps3 exclusives, not only from ps3 but one of the best playstation exclusives. I love everything, the story, the dialog and the jokes the characters make, the gameplay and the bonus. For 2009 this game has much more quality than other games that came this year. Sure it isn't perfect, during the game i noticed that when i tried to pick a weapon that was above another weapon it was hard and confusing and the video quality was a little strange but with the big load of bonus stuff it's impossible to deny that this is one of the best adventure/ shooter of this generation and i didn't expected less from Naughty Dog and Sony. Expand
  83. Dec 27, 2012
    Rarely does a game so magnificent and spellbinding come along that when Sony released this I went out and bought a ps3. I was mesmerized by it. the slick graphics. The excellent and compelling story. The oh so satisfying gameplay that has remarkable pacing. What's not to love about this game??? Recently I have bought games only with replayabillity in them, and yes while this gameRarely does a game so magnificent and spellbinding come along that when Sony released this I went out and bought a ps3. I was mesmerized by it. the slick graphics. The excellent and compelling story. The oh so satisfying gameplay that has remarkable pacing. What's not to love about this game??? Recently I have bought games only with replayabillity in them, and yes while this game holds little replay value it still is a wonderful gaming experience that I did not mind spending money on even for it's linear-ness. This game speaks volumes for itself. If you own a playstation 3 then you are doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game. Enjoy! Expand
  84. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  85. Nov 24, 2013
    I never played the first one, but I thought this game was worth a try and it was.
    I enjoyed almost all of it except the darn puzzles, hopefully though they will consider continuing this on the ps4. It can be very difficult sometimes even on easy. This is a [Must buy]
  86. Jul 3, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the timesUncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  87. Jul 5, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times IUncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  88. Mar 31, 2014
    I'll get this out of the way right now: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the game that made me want to persue video game journalisim. In other words, its one of my favorite games of all time. PERIOD. I could justify why I think so, but I think you guys already know. But f**k it i'll talk.

The game starts of with a cliffhanger. Literatly. The protagonist Nathan Drake is broken and beaten, on the verge of death while inside a train hanging of a cliff by a thread. The 5 minute intro is as exlierating as the entire game, and boy did it get my blood pumping. Drake teams up with a couple of his old buddies to look for Marco Polos lost treasure. And with that, the epic game takes off.

The story never dissapoints and the acting is top notch. Nolan North takes his role as Nathan Drake again, and shows off some of the best acting i've seen from a game. The chemistry with the rest of the cast is charming and heart warming, and uncomfortable when it needs to be.

When it comes to the graphics, Uncharted yet again, is the best. Perfectly polished enviorments breathing with life (or lack there of). Colours are vibrant and pop out and the character animations are almost life like. With some great sound design and what may have the best modern theme song in a video game, Uncharted 2 is absouletley perfect in its presentaion.

The gameplay is very simple, however it is never repetitive and always surprising. Theres 3 main gameplay components the work together nicley: Combat, climbing and puzzle solving. Combat is basically a third person cover system where you simply run around and shoot enemies attempting to beat you to the treasure. Theres also a hand to hand combat system, that works much better then it did in its predecessor. Theres nothing ultimatley wrong with the combat, in fact the simplicity of it benfits the game, focusing on the action more then strategy.

Climbing and traversing is very easy and satisfying: especially when climbing the tallest of buildings if foreign countries. The puzzles in the game, although there are fewer then there were in the previous games, there much larger in scale and much more epic. I was never really stumped enough to the point of frustration, but they do provide a nice distraction from the usual run and gun.

I could go on for hours talking about how perfect Uncharted 2 is, but ill just say this. Uncharted 2 is perfect. SURPRISE. I may be a fan boy, but even after a formal evalutation theres simply no arguing that this, not only helped shape the generation of the PS3 and the future that is yet to come, but it simply is a fantastic expierence, and most definatley The Bathroom Gamers GOTY of 2009.
  89. Jan 22, 2014
    The graphics, gameplay, story are all top notch. This is not only one of the greatest games on the PS3, it's one of the greatest in all of gaming history.
  90. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for allThis is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for all action-adventure/third-person-shooter fans. Expand
  91. Apr 10, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play. Even The Last of Us cannot claim the top spot against a game like Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog, often characterised by its incomparable voice acting and mesmerising graphics, does not fail to impress. The whole game screams professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship. I would find it extremely difficult to fault this game.
  92. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  93. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  94. May 28, 2014
    Uncharted 2 has lived up to its reputation. Me and my brother both played it and we were awestruck at the intensity this game made us feel. Naughty Dog you have seriously captured the soul of the gamer. The gameplay was smooth as hell and the story line was awesome. A must buy for very ps3 gamer :) !!
  95. Jun 4, 2014
    Love this game, honestly the best game on the PS3 on it's entire life cycle and possibly the best game ever made. Great storyline and gameplay. 10/10.
  96. Aug 15, 2014
    Best PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add toBest PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add to that an amazing and addictive multiplayer . This game is the best action adventure game EVER , objectively . and it is my all time favorite game . Expand
  97. Oct 19, 2014
    WOW! I was absolutely speechless once the credits rolled through with this game! The gameplay is fun, the characters are way better, the action was spot on, and it looks amazing. A HUGE step up from the first game! Sadly, Uncharted 3 was not able to keep up.
  98. May 4, 2011
    If you enjoy a charismatic character, blockbuster style, immersive action, some of the best dialogue I've seen in a game (witty, clever and not written by a 5-year-old) and a decent story...pick up this game.
    Was one of the first games I got for the PS3, and was skeptical with the all reviews...but I simply could not put the controller down. The puzzles are easy and the gunfighting is repetitive...but the game was bottom line fun. I enjoyed the entire 9-hour single player ride.
    The final scene in the game made me genuinely smile...I can't wait for the next one.
  99. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune delivered on such a level, that I never thought could be replicated, or, what Naughty Dog did here, make it better. If you played the first, definitely get this game.

The story starts off pretty neatly, you're in a trainwreck, shortly after "getting out" of the trainwreck, Nate passes out and it takes you throughout the events that occurred up to the wreck. Than the story unfolds. Naughty Dog continues to deliver amazing story telling, while making the gameplay deep and influential. Cannot possibly wait for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception! Bring it on Naughty Dog! We cant' wait!
  100. Nov 25, 2010
    This is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends aroundThis is very possably my fav' game ever it has a fantastic story with increadably compelling characters and the multiplayer is absolutly world class with outstanding support from naughty dog and a solide and friendly community and that really is the reason I love this game so much because I've met some truly intresting people while playing uncharted and now have a few extra friends around the world :) Expand
  101. Jan 1, 2011
    I have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best actionI have to say that the nay-sayers of this game are either people who just have to go against the grain or dont like it because there's not a game this great on 360. I'm talking bout the ones who keep mentioning Gears of War for some reason. Playing this game is not entertaining, It's an unmatched experiance that captures and doesn't let go. You feel like you're playing the best action movie ever made with characters and a story that unfolds at a suberb pace. Everythings not thrown at you from the start and it doesn't take forever to get going. The challenge is not without difficulty but never frustrating. Plenty of weapon choices to cater to any style player and many levels can be played without alerting a single guard if thats what you enjoy. Playing and beating all the harder modes, I can't find one thing wrong with this game. And just to boot, the player collects rewards that can be used on subsequent playthroughs. As if just playing the game again is not fun enough. If you own a PS3, you don't want this game, you NEED this game. Collapse

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.