8.3

1. Aug 17, 2013
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were awesome.... 2 of my favorite games.... it pains me to say this but I feel that they phoned this one in just to make money...... No sense of depth or scale
  2. Nov 5, 2011
    It's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried toIt's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried to implement a Batman style battle system but it truly failed. The combat was sluggish and more of a dance than actual fighting. it wasnt fluid and you couldnt control your attacks it was just like a cutscene and have to watch it play out. Sometimes while this is happening the enemies are not phased by your attacks and you are being shot at by other enemies which is annoying.

The gameplay is more of the same but this time the targeting is so sensitive that you are all over the place. The weapons are not balanced as well I empty a whole clip shooting enemies in the head and they dont die. I use a bazooka to blow up some guys and they eat the blow and keep coming at you. The only 2 weapons that actually kills enemies in 1 shot are the magnum and the sniper rifle. The rest of the weapons are usless. As for replay value it has none. Once you beat it and it AUTOSAVES you cant go back to find the rest of the treasures you missed in the other chapters. YOU CAN"T. So dont try to tell me you can.

The story is just bland, boring, leaves empty plot holes, is a cut and paste of the old game ideas and it really lacks alot of common sense. Theres a point in the game where you meet 2 characters and as the game progresses on you forget about them. So why put them in the game? I mean the game is called uncharted right so why arent they discovering like a lost islands that havent been discovered?

The biggest problem with the game I have to say is the camera angles. When you get to chapter 2 and beyond you'll understand. The camera doesnt lead you to where you need to go in this game. You have to die and redo the whole thing again because there is no path to follow. Sometimes you get stuck facing a wall and you dont know if you have to climb, jump over something, turn left or right. This happens in all the events where you are getting chased or have to outrun something. Its a real pain and really frustrating. There were times I just wanted to return the game but I needed to finish it because I wanted to know what the fuss is about with this game series.

Dont get me wrong the game effects are awesome like the way sand and water affect your character and the way he interacts with the buildings and people. But if they really focused on the story ,gameplay, controls and camera angles instead of wowing us with a cinematic feeling it the game would have been good and might I add it was shorter than the second game. People praising this game have problems. I just dont see the 10's this is what I can think of. Either they just have a PS3 and are dedicated to whatever comes out on that console. Their expectations were so high on this game that in the end they were disappointed and are afraid to voice there negative opinions on it because they want to see more sequels made. It can also be being embarrased by the people who told them I told you so. I don't see this as game of the year only best game on PS3.
  3. Nov 12, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailersLet me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailers for the game, showing what looked to be a drab and incredibly boring desert, and a villain just as boring. Sadly, my initial feelings were correct. U3 just doesn't even come close to the magic I felt when playing U2. The story is just not very good. There are too many frustrating levels, such as the early chase through Cartagena as a young Drake that lead to multiple "deaths" due to the floaty controls making you get stuck if you make even the slightest micrometer of an error. At least half of the levels are just boring. They did improve the melee combat quite a bit, but that isn't enough to make up for the rest. Production values in the game series continue to be top notch, and it was nice seeing the characters again - however there is nowhere near enough Elena for my tastes, or Chloe for that matter. In a holiday game season stock full with big releases, U3 was still the one I was looking forward to the most, however I found that I was having to force myself to play through it, as I just didn't really care about it. When I finally made it to the ending, it was very anticlimactic, and I was just glad it was finally over. This is incredibly disappointing, considering the high regard I hold for U2 - when that game came to an end, I was very sad - I wanted more, for it to keep going. The hopes I held for multiplayer (at least for the co-op, that is) were quickly dashed as well. Competitive multiplayer in U2 was the one weak spot - the control scheme just does not lend itself to precise shooting and fun matches. Sad to say, it is still the same - competitive multiplayer is a complete mess. Poor shooting mechanics and controls lead it to be a crap shoot as to who is going to win when you come upon an enemy. The co-op multiplayer in U2 fared much better, and was incredibly addictive. It was probably the 2nd most played "shooter" game for me, behind the amazing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. However, in U3, Naughty Dog has seen fit to ruin the co-op multiplayer mode. Having to constantly change between Survival, Gold Rush and Siege is a game breaker for me. Taken on their own, they are fine, but I do not want to be forced into playing all 3 types in one match. With no ability to choose a Survival Only, or Gold Rush Only match, this is just unforgiveable. Naughty Dog has also ramped up the difficulty in Arena mode as well. No longer can you just come up behind an ally that is being choked, and quickly dispatch the choker. Now, he is armored enough that you have to shoot him for about 15 seconds just to loosen him up enough to kill him. Forget about trying to punch him off - that takes way too long. Thankfully, the time frame you have before being choked out has increased quite a bit, giving your allies enough time to come to your aid, assuming they are close by. Enemies are smarter, and better armored. Gone are the big, hulking Gatling Gun soldiers - they have been replaced by a faster, better maneuvering giant in lighter armor, carrying a light machine gun that can still lay waste to you easily. The Gatling Gunners weren't that bad, considering how slow they were. Now that this new threat moves quicker, it leads to a lot more trouble for you. Co-Op Adventure Mode is back as well, and there really wasn't any change in this - it has 5 "chapters" with a very minor storyline to it, and a decent amount of challenge to it. Overall, U3 is the worst of the series, in my opinion, as far as the single-player mode goes. Both the original Uncharted, and U2, had a much more engaging story and levels/areas. The only thing U3 has going for it above the other two is the improved melee combat. And U3 multiplayer is a shade of its former self, when compared to U2. I really really wanted this game to be my pick for Game of the Year, but it just isn't even close. In a year of so many high profile games, I'm surprised at how many have been utter disappointments (U3, Batman: Arkham City, and Modern Warfare 3 all were very overhyped, and didn't come close to meeting expectations). As much as I love the Uncharted series, U3 doesn't deserve Game of the Year that award is going to Battlefield 3, in my opinion. I do think U3 is worth playing, just to enjoy the incredibly production values and see just how voice acting and cutscenes should be done....the problem is, is the game worth the $60+ price for it? Sadly enough, I don't think so. Try and find it at a reduced price, or rent the game. This game is only mildy recommended, at best. Expand
  4. Nov 5, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations areI'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations are also significantly downgraded from Uncharted 2. Drake's model and animation looks (and feels) like he's perpetually drunk as he lumbers around corners and touches every single wall he encounters. As you can imagine, this only makes gunfights even more frustrating.

Where have the puzzles gone? In the course of the entire game, I opened my journal a whopping FIVE times. Five. There have been very few puzzles and most of the ones that are in the game are so pathetically easy a chimp can figure them out. Exploration is gone too. Very few places give you the opportunity to explore. The game just pushes you from one spot to the next. Invisible walls and texture blocking is everywhere. I knew exploration was thrown under the bus when, after only an hour in the game, I hit a spot where I found 5 hidden treasures in rapid sucession in less than a minute. These are things, along with the witty banter, that MADE Uncharted. In Uncharted 3, puzzles and exploration have been replaced with gunplay, gunplay and more gunplay. I'll come out and say it outright: The gunplay mechanics in Uncharted have always been the weakest link in the game. NaughtyDog took most of what made the franchise and just replaced it with boring, tedious, gunfights. Then when you're in the gunfights, they make the game "harder" by swarming you with enemies while giving you very few pick up options. I have turned off the game in frustration several times because of gunfight sequences where I'm sitting here with a pistol and an AR - and there's nothing else to be had other than an SMG to replace my pistol - while having to fight two or more enemies in full armor, or with riot shields. Next thing you know, I get one of them down, am almost out of ammo from trying to get through that one's armor and/or headshot them, and then I'm swarmed by 5-7 more mobs that spawned after the first big mob died. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken trying to find ammo, but there's little room to maneuver in most fight sequences because, unlike prior Uncharted titles, the combat areas are ridiculously small with very few places to climb. It's ridiculous and not fun because - yep, gonna repeat myself - the gunplay in Uncharted has always been its weakest element.

Then there's the fact that the walls apparently have glue on them and trying to scramble away from mobs ends up in death because you end up getting stuck in cover and are being shot from all sides while trying to get unstuck from the wall/box/et cetera. The story is DECENT, not great. Uncharted 2 raised the bar for interactive story telling. This one leaves a LOT to be desired. All the secondary characters are thrown in and discarded, with exception to Sully. I've seen these shadow villains only a few times over the course of the game; I don't feel like they're that big of a threat. The story behind why we're going where we're going feels like a major stretch. I know Uncharted 1 and 2 were about Drake and his "relationships" while 3 is supposed to be about Drake and Sully, but I'm not really feeling the character building there. In fact, we've seen about as much between Drake and Sully that we always see except now we know how they met. The story is undoubtedly better than many, but just not up to par with the prior two games.

Credit where its due: The game is beautiful but it's not anywhere near as fun as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

IMO, this is, by far, the weakest in the series. With all of the aforementioned issues, plus the gutting of small additions, such as gameplay unlocks and the cutscene viewer, it feels like NaughtyDog simply cut corners to get the game out to retail.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    After UC2 this game is a bit disappointing, visually beautiful but the controls are just so bad with repetitive combat it is hard to believe it gets such rave reviews.
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    I wish I could love this game as much as the first 2 uncharted games, but this one feels rushed and falls short of greatness. The graphics, are nice, the cinematics are good, but the main problem is the gameplay. Often times, I will try to cover behind something or try to jump over an object, and often times, what happens in reality is not what I intended at all. Multiplayer:
    The coop
    The coop is even worse. I have come across many many bugs during coop multiplayer, from suddenly having no weapon in my hand, to having enemies become invincible and wipe our group, to my character getting stuck and not being able to do anything but leave the game. My friends I've played with have also gotten bugs where their characters would be locked running in 1 direction unable to stop. WTF is up with that? These are some of the same bugs reported in the Beta. I guess they were never fixed, which makes the game feel really rushed. Single Player
    I am almost done with the single player. The only set piece parts I have liked were only some of the stealth parts, and the chase parts (where u have to run to/from someone or something). Some of the gunfights are ridiculously hard, and I'm playing on normal. The meleeing seems wonky, and some of the fight animations should give you at least some invinciblilty vs bullets. I have died many times from getting sniped by being pushed out of cover while meleeing. The hints (which you can toggle on and off) are helpful but only when they are available. The progression through each level could be highlighted a bit better, there were sometimes where I did not know where to go next and was stuck for a while just jumping around looking for a ledge or something to get me to the next part.
    Summary
    The dialogue is more or less well done, the story could be better, the gameplay is unrefined, and the multiplayer (at least coop) is buggy. If they can fix these bugs (which they probably will), then I would kind of recommend this game, otherwise at this time, my feelings are mixed for this game.
  7. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Huge pluses and HUGE minuses for this effort by NaughtyDog. I'm wearing Drake's ring around my neck, from the collector's edition, so ya think I'm a fan?? BUT WAIT.... there's two sides to this annulus. Beautifully rendered and well-acted by the voice performers, this game repeats the fussy, infuriating ways of its predecessor. Think dying is fun? Well you will love U3's gameplay. As in the prior game, if you don't already KNOW how to react, figure on dying at least once, or maybe four times, in every fun action sequence. What's that you say? It's not FUN to die consecutively with no hints as to how to succeed? Repeated painful failure is NOT what you like to do in your leisure time? Sorry. NaughtyDog wants to rub your nose in it and spank you, again and again. Yeah, they made a beautiful vibrant visual world. But I had more fun playing DOOM on my PC in 1996 because the GAMEPLAY was better. Again, to be clear, this game is pickier than your mother-in-law and more obtusely opaque than your ex-wife. If you are single, and living in your basement, it's worse than being repeatedly shot down by the girls you try to talk to. Seriously, I would grab the director and beat his geeky stick-figure for not focus-grouping the "challenges" and noticing that they SUCK. I mean (SPOILER ALERT) I CAN FIND THE F*****G NORTH STAR!!! I don't need more hints about the objective. You irritating jerks don't know the difference between already knowing the answer and finding it on your own. Once I find the North Star, do you want me to shoot it? Lasso it? Bend it over and and show it the meaning of... never mind, I'm sure they don't even know where that was going. So they don't want me to do that. I'm appalled that people make a living designing things with such abysmal design. I mean BAD. Not visual design, which is superb in this game, but FUNCTIONAL design. Like a Ferrari with no brakes, and the windows don't open, and the stereo makes no sound, but it looks GORGEOUS.

At least the studio is aptly named. Those naughty pups should whimper and cower, shamed by the product they have offered. $118 of my hard-earned (Canadian) cash for the collector's edition, when the plain old regular version would have disappointed me just as sorely. Bad dog! Bad! Bad!
  8. Jul 3, 2012
    UC 3 is a unfortunate, unbalance disaster. And because of that, it makes UC3 nowhere as good as UC2. The enemy AI is broken, which makes combat horrendously harder now on any difficulty. The story/characters are still great, and the graphics are of coarse gorgeous, and even better than before with new character face models, but graphics can only take you so far, and unfortunately theUC 3 is a unfortunate, unbalance disaster. And because of that, it makes UC3 nowhere as good as UC2. The enemy AI is broken, which makes combat horrendously harder now on any difficulty. The story/characters are still great, and the graphics are of coarse gorgeous, and even better than before with new character face models, but graphics can only take you so far, and unfortunately the game play, which matters the most, just wasn't fun for me, so I'll pass. Hopefully Naughty Dog will go back to how UC2 for the next one. Expand
  9. Nov 4, 2011
    I'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand toI'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand to hand or gun--down to a plodding pace. The level design is a shade above terrible, as the enemies (usually 10 or 15 in an area) have way too much room to maneuver and flank Drake, and the cover that you're afforded just doesn't plain work half the time. Even the writing, the thing that made me fall in love with UC2, suffers at times, especially during the Syria mission. Take the title off the box, take the budget off of the engine, and this is a mediocre game. Not a bad game--a mediocre one. And I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me. Expand
  10. Nov 7, 2011
    I was eagerly awaiting Uncharted 3 after enjoying the second iteration but Naughty dog seemed to have dropped the ball on this one. Graphically the game is OK, itâ
  11. Nov 21, 2011
    Characters are somewhat interesting, voice acting is great, and plot was decent. Other than that, there is no substance here. Run down a hallway, shoot bad guys. Do this over and over again for about 20 levels. Multiplayer is simply laughable. Not worth the blu-ray it's burned to. If you want a great single player experience, play Skyrim. If you want a great multiplayer experience,Characters are somewhat interesting, voice acting is great, and plot was decent. Other than that, there is no substance here. Run down a hallway, shoot bad guys. Do this over and over again for about 20 levels. Multiplayer is simply laughable. Not worth the blu-ray it's burned to. If you want a great single player experience, play Skyrim. If you want a great multiplayer experience, play Battlefield 3. there's simply no reason to buy or own this game. Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2011
    as far as visuals, its pretty much toe 2 toe with the best, as far as gameplay......well its gonna be uncharted with slight improvements. as far as story its actually the worst in the series but still pretty good none the less.uncharted 3 is doing pretty much with the last 2 were and there's nothing wrong with that.But it also tries a little bit tooo hard and was 1 of the most biggestas far as visuals, its pretty much toe 2 toe with the best, as far as gameplay......well its gonna be uncharted with slight improvements. as far as story its actually the worst in the series but still pretty good none the less.uncharted 3 is doing pretty much with the last 2 were and there's nothing wrong with that.But it also tries a little bit tooo hard and was 1 of the most biggest disappointments of the year.

presentation: 7

gameplay: 8.5

graphics: 10

story: 8

sound: 9

multiplayer: 6
  13. Jan 31, 2013
    The worst of the series. Beautiful visuals aren't much good when the story is so painfully stupid you can't wait for it to be over. The game obviously wants to resemble a movie. Well, it does. Unfortunately it's a really crappy movie with a weak plot, awful dialog and lackluster acting. They should have made a game instead.
  14. Nov 6, 2011
    Ok guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN whenOk guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN when you turn hints off. Many technical flaws like glitches, enemies becoming invisible, bad animations, dissapearing environments, VERY stupid AI almost emberrasing for a game with this power/graphics. Even in the gamecube-era the AI can be much smarter than this. Naughty Dog apparently choses graphics over story and gameplay. I hope they learned their lesson with this one.

The multiplayer is fun yes. The best part of the game also. Not very innovative but still fun with friends. You get lots of content by level up, many weapons, medals, character costumoptions. Doesn't really hold me on like Uncharted 2, which is the much better game.
  15. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. It is perfect in every way imaginable, game of the year by far. The story is similar to that of a hollywood movie.The graphics are so good you will think the next generation of graphics is in your PS3. The voice acting is fantastic. The soundtrack will have you turning up the volume. Even the multiplayer is great, its really rewarding and has you comingThis game is absolutely amazing. It is perfect in every way imaginable, game of the year by far. The story is similar to that of a hollywood movie.The graphics are so good you will think the next generation of graphics is in your PS3. The voice acting is fantastic. The soundtrack will have you turning up the volume. Even the multiplayer is great, its really rewarding and has you coming back for more. Naughty Dog has once again delivered magic. This game is an experience like no other. A definite must buy. Expand
  16. Nov 25, 2011
    Best game ever played. No seriously, I'll write it in capital this time. BEST GAME EVER. This game had the best story line that I have played this year. Batman Arkham City was still an excellent game , same with Skyrim and all the other games, but this just topped it off. The graphics where astonishing and I love how Naught Dog made combat even better and that you wouldn't end up snappingBest game ever played. No seriously, I'll write it in capital this time. BEST GAME EVER. This game had the best story line that I have played this year. Batman Arkham City was still an excellent game , same with Skyrim and all the other games, but this just topped it off. The graphics where astonishing and I love how Naught Dog made combat even better and that you wouldn't end up snapping some ones neck in the finishing move like in the previous games. The voice acting is superb and the different range of enviroment sis perfect, for example your in a Forest in France and then you move over all the way to a Syrian Castle, and then you also have the Rub' Akli Dessert and much more.

The Cintamatics were amazing and they blew me away. The puzzles where mind blasting and were quite annoying but I don't give, they were still fun. The Humour in the game was very funny and made me laughing 24/7.

I would keep on going on about how amazing this game is but it would probably take me an hour to write all of it down. So i say that this is the best game of 2011 and I also that the Metacritic score isn't reall that fair, but we just have to move on and aceept the fact that this game deserves Game Of The Year.
  17. Mar 6, 2012
    An interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the UnchartedAn interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the Uncharted Dual Pack provides greater value than Drake's Deception. Expand
  18. Aug 17, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece. It's graphically outstanding, really well-written and the gameplay is remarkably fun. Gameplay is mixed with gunplay and clever puzzles. Maybe the gunplay isn't perfect, but It's fun. The missions are interesting, from the objective of the great story. And, multiplayer is addictive and fun. 98 out of 100
  19. Jan 19, 2012
    Well, people said that the game was too short. I didn't feel like that, because of how poorly it is conducted. Gun fights are just too wrong, and for that sake, there was too many of them. There is, as I remind, just one or two real puzzles to solve (the others are 'hey, pull this lever at the same time I do), and none exploration to do. The graphics are great, but that doesn't make a goodWell, people said that the game was too short. I didn't feel like that, because of how poorly it is conducted. Gun fights are just too wrong, and for that sake, there was too many of them. There is, as I remind, just one or two real puzzles to solve (the others are 'hey, pull this lever at the same time I do), and none exploration to do. The graphics are great, but that doesn't make a good game. The story is very boring and frankly, you won't care much for that, after the first couple of hours. You're supposed to find a well hidden city, but all of the bad guys seems to know exactly where it is, as you just show off anywhere and there they are, waiting for you to try impossible headshots. There are some great moments, but most of the game is a third-person shooter with bad shooting mechanics, and that make the whole experience frustrating. Just hope that naughty dog work that out for their upcoming game, as it seems it have more combat. I just finished it and going to trade, without even using the online pass. that's how much it made me like it. Worth a rental, at best. Expand
  20. Ru3
    Nov 29, 2011
    I recently bought the EXPLORER's edition of this game which, for those who do not know, costed a bit over $200 AU. I was looking forward to a perfectly perfect experience
    However, this game is far from perfect. I'm a HUGE fan of UC1 and UC2, but this one has been so fraught with technical problems that I can't quite immerse myself like I had hoped. UC3 is playing havoc with my ps3, as well as many others complaining on Naughty Dog forums. Many are experiencing an eternal spinning ring at loading screens. Some, like myself, have CONSTANT audio cut-outs, environment drop-outs, and cutscene freezing issues.
    As an avid fan of the UC series, I have waited patiently for a month now, HOPING that Naughty Dog would remedy the situation.
    Unfortunately, the first patch fixed 3D. The second patch added theatre mode for cutscenes, motion blur, and aiming.
    Naughty Dog has not addressed any issues for those of us who can hardly even PLAY this game. They address complaints about 'oh, I can't aim my gun as well as I should' and 'I can't get my multiplayer to work properly!'... HOW ABOUT ensuring that 100% of your customers can actually PLAY this game, rather than forsaking the minority who get a substandard or even nonexistent experience.
    UC1 fan. UC2 fan. UC3... has completely destabilized my confidence in the series.
  21. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great looking game but a tedious one. If you like seeing Nathan hang onto the last ledge of wood before it conveniently breaks away, this is your game. But for most, the lack of creativity in story-telling will tend to bore you. The story is filled with plot-conveniences (like Nathan conveniently brushing up on Yemen right next to Elena after being stranded in theUncharted 3 is a great looking game but a tedious one. If you like seeing Nathan hang onto the last ledge of wood before it conveniently breaks away, this is your game. But for most, the lack of creativity in story-telling will tend to bore you. The story is filled with plot-conveniences (like Nathan conveniently brushing up on Yemen right next to Elena after being stranded in the middle of the sea) and tiresome quotes (like Sully's surprisingly honest quip about losing the plot). The melee animations are poorly done. Nathan frequently glitches in and out of group fights. It works but it looks ugly in the process.

Multiplayer wise, it's bad too. The animations took a huge nose-dive, and the models are noticeably poorer looking. They got rid of the traditional U2 Co-Op modes and combined them all into one, which forces you to play boring gold rush maps even when you don't feel like it.

Overall, a disappointment if you were coming in as a huge Uncharted 2 fan. But if this series is new to you, you'll probably like it.
  22. Nov 9, 2011
    Just finished it, and I gotta say this game definitely doesn't deserve the 9's and 10's it got in all the reviews.

The combat is decent at the start but gets extremely repetitive halfway through the game. Towards the end I found myself dreading having to kill enemies. The combat isn't paced well at all, for that matter. I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear

I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear to move on, another wave comes out from nowhere. After I kill that wave of enemies, I take 2 steps into another room and hey look, more enemies!

Another few gripes I had were the aiming issues (they seem to be more prevalent from halfway through the game onwards), crap button response at times and poor controls at other times.

The aiming and recoil of the guns felt really inaccurate and off. I found myself missing shots all the time. The button response in the quicktime events was also poor at times, failing to register when you jump from platform to platform or press Triangle to counter an enemy's move. The poor controls were probably the biggest pain in the ass out of the three though. Numerous times I found myself trying to get to cover to avoid fire but instead of getting to cover, I'd end up trying to push a nearby enemy, which would result in me getting shot and killed.

I think Uncharted 3 was a bit disappointing compared to Uncharted 2. The story is great, but as for gameplay there was too much emphasis on shooting rather than platforming, and not enough platforming and puzzle-solving, and issues with aiming and controls that got extremely annoying and infuriating.

I honestly don't think Uncharted 3 deserved the 9's and 10's it got in reviews. 6/10 would be a much more suitable score.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was the same story and gameplay as the others. What is new? Everyone criticizes MW3 for being like this, but UC3 does the same thing. Drake is untrained, but can take out 40 guys with body armor, only to be duped or back stabbed. The villians always find a way out when the game tries to make it seem like this is life or death for Nathan. I work so hard to get him out alive andThis game was the same story and gameplay as the others. What is new? Everyone criticizes MW3 for being like this, but UC3 does the same thing. Drake is untrained, but can take out 40 guys with body armor, only to be duped or back stabbed. The villians always find a way out when the game tries to make it seem like this is life or death for Nathan. I work so hard to get him out alive and the bad guys are just around the corner after I ran out of the only exit of a collapsing building. the gameplay mechanics don't play as well as other shooters. My biggest gripe. The campaign was crazy short for a single player focused series....Idk maybe other games have me spoiled, but this was a huge disappointment with merely a few good parts. Even if some bites of food taste good, but others are disgusting, you'll still leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Expand
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3 has shown was frustrating thing it is when controls are not responsive. Seeing as the game has such a heavy emphasis on CQC, the lack of precision and urgency to control commands is unforgivable and nearly ruin the game. Save your money folks, and only buy this game when it goes on sale. Expand
  25. Nov 9, 2011
    First off, yes, when this game is good, it's very good, unfortunately that only seems to happen when you either have no control over your character (cutscenes) or following the camera as you auto run from well rendered destruction. Sadly any challenge to the puzzles from the first two games has been replaced by a very few incredibly simplistic "puzzles" which shouldn't take anyone moreFirst off, yes, when this game is good, it's very good, unfortunately that only seems to happen when you either have no control over your character (cutscenes) or following the camera as you auto run from well rendered destruction. Sadly any challenge to the puzzles from the first two games has been replaced by a very few incredibly simplistic "puzzles" which shouldn't take anyone more than 30 seconds to decipher. The platforming is dull and clunky, far inferior to the platforming of Assassin's Creed or Infamous, it's more tedious then anything. All of this I could excuse, because it's not a puzzle game, and the platforming is at least serviceable, but what is unacceptable is the utterly abhorrent shooting mechanics, which considering this is more easily classified as a third person shooter than anything, that's the deal breaker. I don't understand all these positive reviews. The shooting sensitivity is a jumpy mess, god help you if you have to make a slight tweaking movement, which the game takes to mean "Aim 10 feet in any other direction". The cover system is as jumbled and broken as it is boring, and considering the enemy A.I. is surprisingly crafty and on many occasions pile on in droves, it would be nice if I could defend myself with at least some small level of competence, but no. Weirdly enough I don't remember the shooting mechanics being this bad in either of the other two games. It's inexplicable. Every facet of this game is done far better in others, I already mentioned the platforming superiors, but the melee combat is a tedious, uninteresting "cinematic" parallel to Batman's fluid counter-based fight scheme, and the shooting, well take your bloody pick. It might be easier to come up with a list of modern games with worse shooting mechanics, honestly nothing's even coming to mind. I always buy my games new and only trade-in if I feel the developers let me down/deserved it and I was MORE than happy to trade this in less then an hour after beating it and putting that money towards a more deserving title. I suggest you skip step one and go straight to buying a better game and stop believing hype. A game can have unparalleled beauty, this one certainly does, some of the best work I've seen in that regard, but if it's core mechanics are at best irritating, and at worst broken, then I'd just as soon take a chance on another title that actually deserves my $65. Shame on you Naughty Dog, that's a very BAD Naughty Dog. Expand
  26. Nov 23, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, and a very well polished game, the gameplay is good. but there are still some issues, and the multiplayer is laughable. The controls are mixed up, and not that great, the platforming is out of place,and it becomes very repetitive near the end.
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    It's like watching a bad movie. A movie some people paid 60 dollars for. I am ashamed that people will look forward to this in becoming a landmark in videogaming.
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is just an all around terrible game. The game was short, the gameplay was absolutely awful. There is no way this game lived up to all the hype that was given for it
  29. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, this would be okay as a Movie. What the difference between this and masterful Mario/ any other game is, is that those games actually present more than an interactive cutscene. The plot is okay at best, and cliche at worst, and I can't possibly recommend this game for anyone who cares about gameplay.
  30. Nov 20, 2011
    This game looks good, but in reality this in not a game, this is a movie like Indiana Jones. The animations are great but this is just a Indiana Jones s copy
  31. Nov 5, 2011
    A real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already knowA real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already know they have a father/son type relationship this didn't need to be delved into in so much detail. On positive notes Cutter is an excellent character and has some of the best lines. Expand
  32. Nov 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the sequel to the very well obtained Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but was it worth the wait?

Uncharted was always known for the superb dialogues and great storytelling, especially Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

The problem with uncharted 3 starts at the very beginning. A new character gets introduced, where you dont know anything about. In continuation of that, that character is coming with you for like the first half of the game. Also, the way how you create a band with the characters in Uncharted 2 are not found here. Characters that were really important in uncharted 2, are completely dull and empty in Uncharted 3, and the only reason why they are in Uncharted 3 is to create variety. But what does Uncharted 3 do better than uncharted 2.

in Uncharted 3, it feels like 2 seperate teams work for 1/2 of the game. The first half is completely slow-paced and the dialoques are still very dull. But at some point in the game, there is a twist in the story and thats when it becomes very well. Suprisingly, the dialoques are very good and funny, and the global thrill just goes a gear up.

The thing with Uncharted 2 was that howlonger you were in the game, the worse the game got (or atleast less), In Uncharted 3, you begin very cliché and slowpaced, but then the twist comes and its non cliché and the pace is going faster.

Still, I like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves more, because that game was just approaching 'perfection.'
    but Uncharted 3 is not a game you want to miss, if you have played the previous two titles.
  33. Jan 1, 2012
    Naughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of itsNaughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of its third person shooter aspect, but for the third installation the shooting aspect was altered for the worse. I actually had to play Uncharted 2 to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but Uncharted 3 has somehow managed to make it erratic and slower to aim. And, while I'm not a fan of precision jumping platform games, Uncharted 2's use of it was beareable due to the graphics attention to detail and voice commentary along the way. In Uncharted 3, the developers added more animations to Drake's movements that he ends up with a very unnatural herky, jerky movement that causes an unreliable platforming experience. It's just awkward and painful to watch or play. Naughty Dog furthered tweaked this series by including more fighting options by having timed button pushing, which I can't stand. If you want a fighting game, than add combos and blocks, don't have me just push one or two buttons according to what the developers flash in front of me. So the overall effect of the game on me was a great action storyline but since I didn't enjoy playing the game with its current mechanics, I felt I was just trying to get from one cut scene to the next in order to watch a movie and not actually playing a game. Since this game is suppose to be a 3rd person shooter, and it has done this badly, no amount of great graphics and storyline can make this a game worth paying full price to play. Expand
  34. Jun 10, 2012
    If you're staggered by an explosion, enemies can shoot you, even if your character is clearly in cover. The melee combat is flawed, with no real way to exit combat, or cancel into other moves like the previous 2 games. There are times where the game feels like it's just throwing enemies at you for the sake of making it more difficult, only to have it be incredibly annoying.
  35. Dec 23, 2011
    While this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was greatWhile this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was great (and it was). It seemed mashed together with no purpose. The villains were basically non-existent and basically irrelevant, which was fitting for what they put as the ending I guess - pretty disappointing. The game-play on the other hand was very entertaining at times and was very well mixed. The only downside was the shooting mechanics - which is pretty archic. The graphics were nice and the art direction was among the best I've seen. Overall though, I enjoyed Uncharted 2 So-so much more than U3 and it didn't ever quite bring me into the game, - then it was over. As a reference, I give Uncharted 2 a 9.5 and Uncharted 3 just a 6. Good game, just not great in my humble opinion. Expand
  36. Nov 25, 2012
    I already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basicallyI already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basically melee, melee, blindfire, blindfire, or use your kickbacks to get away from death fair and square. Naughty dog patched the aiming. Yes aiming which basically means that this game is gonna mostly be used as melee liking playing a fighting game and mash square on the controller. Another is the fact that when the game says that you can avoid being meleed by rolling, but due to lag you still die even if you rolled away from someone. Powerplays aren't something that can be played competitivley for deathmatch. The power plays can mostly just up the losing team in catching up quickly. Uncharted 2 was all about playing carefully, skillfulled, and whoever wins wins no matter what. Even the losing team can catch up if they have a strategy unlike uncharted 3 where its no skills at all. Treasure drops are another problem. People may get their treasures fairly easy but some people cant get new treasures drops now. Thats where Naughty Dog decides to pull a Capcom on where. You either keep getting the same duplicate treasures and eventually sooner or later just get 1 new one avaliable or just buy off the playstation store which to me i think its BS because Naughty Dog are responsible for listening to the fan's demand in patching the treasure drops and reduce the amount of duplications you pick up not charge in the PSStore but thats only for people who can't get the items they want. The spawn system is another negative because basically someone can either just camp where the player is going to spawn at or spawn on an enemy who doesn't notice where they are and get a cheap kill. OVERALL: Naughty dog can patch this game as much as they want but the situation of the problems will always be going on. Even if they patched it completely then a new problem can be abused and lead to critisims of the players. I don't think that Naughty Dog will revive the multiplayer like this right now they should just be making patches on disc cough cough Capcom or Infinity wards. The Uncharted community can still support this game but i don't think its going to be enough to make people play this game competitely at this time =( Expand
  37. Nov 18, 2011
    I was incredibly let down by Uncharted 3, especially in light of the absolutely stellar reviews it has received from places like IGN and Destructoid. While there is no doubt that the game is beautiful and has some stunning set pieces, it has serious gameplay issues. Targeting with a weapon is like trying to precisely measure the position and momentum of a subatomic particle, i.e., itI was incredibly let down by Uncharted 3, especially in light of the absolutely stellar reviews it has received from places like IGN and Destructoid. While there is no doubt that the game is beautiful and has some stunning set pieces, it has serious gameplay issues. Targeting with a weapon is like trying to precisely measure the position and momentum of a subatomic particle, i.e., it doesn't work. I can't even keep track of how many times I went through entire clips without hitting my target. What makes this worse is that it's what the game forces you to do more than anything else. The entire game follows a pattern: cut scene, wave of enemies, easy puzzle, wave of enemies, escape collapsing set piece, repeat. It gets really old, and frankly, boring (so maybe it's a good thing that the game is noticeably shorter than Uncharted 2). Another aspect of Uncharted 3 that frustrated me immensely was that it forces you to use the melee system (which takes way too long) to fight off the armored "heavies" which appear way too frequently and are essentially immune to firearms while 6 guys with rocket launchers andor sniper rifles are pumping me full of rounds. It's absolutely maddening. Now, I typically play games for the story, and I could have gotten past these serious issues if the story for Uncharted 3 had really grabbed me (I expected that it would based on the reviews I read), but in reality, it was predictable, shallow, and boring. Drake is more of a caricature than ever. We don't learn anything about his motivations. Sure, the question is brought up a few times, but we never get a straight answer. For me, the story was completely forgettable. I can't really comment on the multiplayer because I didn't play it at all. I'm not big on multiplayer, and while I played in the beta, I didn't really get into it. The truth is, as much as it saddens me, as soon as the credits rolled on Uncharted 3, I got online and arranged to sell it back to Amazon. I loved Uncharted 2, and I wanted to love Uncharted 3 it simply doesn't compare to its predecessor. Expand
  38. Nov 30, 2011
    Terrible game. I thought this game was suppose to be good just like the previous one. But no it was horrible. Number first, the online has a lot of patches also every time your the host and you quit then every body else leaves. Second, no body uses their headsets in this game thats so wack. Third, the campaign was too short you can beat the game in one day! That's horrible! Lastly, theTerrible game. I thought this game was suppose to be good just like the previous one. But no it was horrible. Number first, the online has a lot of patches also every time your the host and you quit then every body else leaves. Second, no body uses their headsets in this game thats so wack. Third, the campaign was too short you can beat the game in one day! That's horrible! Lastly, the characters were horrible I mean you got Drake then you got this stupid dude named Miller. Just horrible worst game of the year! Yes I did bought the game as you can see just because I love Nintendo doesn't mean I get to hate other consoles as well. I am a multiple console owner and this game is just horrible. My PSN account is: deletion123 add me so we can play some Uncharted 2 not this TERRIBLE game! Expand
  39. Nov 2, 2011
    Good graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies inGood graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies in order for Naughty Dog to pad out the levels and make it seem like you're getting more gameplay than you really are.

The weapons and combat system have been altered in a way that I think is detrimental to the enjoyment of the fights and it really just irks me that there's still lots of unfixed problems with combat, such as finicky grenades landing in unreachable places, or enemies being able to hit you through walls despite the fact you are concealed in cover.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, but it definitely has a lot of aesthetic polish. But then again, so does a brass toilet.
  40. Nov 21, 2011
    If you liked 2 then buy it, if you didn't then don't. There is nothing here that will change your mind. It is a sequel, don't complain when a sequel is similar to its predecessor.
  41. Nov 21, 2011
    Unchart 2 was the best but this game feels more movie then game. It was a big disappointment and I wish i could of use my money for Batman or skyrim. Well the only good thing is the multiplayer mode but game so dull. It needs a remake fast.
  42. Nov 4, 2011
    UC3 is as average as UC2 was brilliant. As a fan of the first 2 games gotta say the 10 ratings on this site are farcical. Aiming is awful, movement sluggish and "cinematic gameplay" takes control away from the player and even adds movement to the character that's not coming from player input... so it's not "gameplay" at all. Naughty Dog have rushed this out for Xmas. Shame on them.
  43. Nov 10, 2011
    If you pick this game up as a stand alone title you'll think its fantastic, but if you're a fan of UC2 you'll be sadly disappointed. Much of this game feels like a rushed ill conceived rip-off of UC2. Given how good UC2 was it was always going to be difficult to top, but naughty dog have completely missed the mark.

The story follows largely the same formula however the ramped up cliches

The story follows largely the same formula however the ramped up cliches and 'close escapes' show a lack of imagination and reliance on gimmicky plot mechanisms. The game-play would've been ok if it was a straight copy of UC2 but rather than improve it they made it worse. The melee system has changed to be an unnecessary sequence of button pressing which adds nothing overall to the game. On top of that the single player aiming system has been shipped with a major flaw and will cause much frustration during the single player campaign.
  44. Dec 11, 2011
    Disappointing in so many ways. Did not live up to it's predecessors one little bit, So un-original, the only thing it has going for it is graphics, put I still prefer pongs graphics.
  45. Nov 16, 2011
    What the hell did I miss! Did I play the same game that all these other guys played that gave this **** game a 10? Really people come on! There was nothing new or innovative about this game. It was actually worse than the first two! The second uncharted was amazing and is still one of my favorites, but if you dont have the ability to upstage your predecessor than you need to give it aWhat the hell did I miss! Did I play the same game that all these other guys played that gave this **** game a 10? Really people come on! There was nothing new or innovative about this game. It was actually worse than the first two! The second uncharted was amazing and is still one of my favorites, but if you dont have the ability to upstage your predecessor than you need to give it a rest. My main issues with this game.....

Way to short and the story was boring. I stopped paying attention to it a fourth of the way in.

Way to much cinematic material. I felt like half the time you were just watching a movie instead of playing an actual game. The scenes where you do actually get to control your character are nothing amazing and easily forgettable.

Absolutly nothing new! Basically the same gameplay as the second one but worse.... Here is why....

They made the AI's run up on you like they have a death wish. Extremely frustrating when your trying to take cover from rocket blasts, sniper, and gun fire. I dont remember the first two games doing that stupid ****

In the parts where you could go stealth, you might as well just go out with guns blazing because it is almost impossible to do it without being spotted. This is do to the way the terrain was set up and the positioning of the AI's. When you DO get spotted the game punishs you for it with all kinds of body armor AI's, these are the guys that you have to shoot ten times in the face to bring them down. Also, extremely frustrating.

I couldnt believe how many times this game pissed me off while playing where I wanted to smash my controller to bits and throw my PS3 out the window. It's a good thing I didnt let this game get the best of me.

But to sum this up....
    This could of been an amazing triology like the GOD OF WAR SERIES, but unfortunatly it seems obvious that this game was lazily done and was just thrown out to market to make an easy buck. This game does NOT deserve the rating it got. But it doesnt matter what is said in a review. You will still go out and buy it and maybe you will be extermely dissapointed like me or maybe you will love it. But it is an unfortunate thing that the developers got away with putting out crap like Uncharted 3 to what could of been an amazing triology.
  46. Feb 12, 2012
    + Great graphics
    - Irritating gameplay and cutscenes
    - The difficulty is at medium setting mostly too easy, and sometimes infuriatingly difficult
    - Aiming is completely broken.
  47. Dec 6, 2011
    Hi, I want all people not to buy this game. All are complaining of software issue and it's not loading on ps3 system. I bought mine and it just shows an infinite loading ring when I enter the game. What's worse is naughty dog is not helping or acknowledging the problem.
  48. Dec 17, 2011
    The graphics are epic and it has a good story line but in total it's not that good. The gun fights are unrealistic and sometimes you can't control Nate. And sometimes what your trying to do is just confusing
  49. Dec 27, 2011
    Overrated in all aspects. There is nothing groundbreaking that you haven't already seen in uncharted 2. The new close-up combat system is even worse than the prequel. The storyline is thin and the game is full of bugs, especially when it comes to enemy AI. It's a good game, just not great. (loved uncharted 2 as the greatest game ever made).
  50. Nov 7, 2011
    This game started off strong but turned into a disappointment. First, they should advertise this game a FPS, because that is what it turns into 90% of the time with minimum puzzle solving. The controls are less responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 which makes the repetitive combat that much more frustrating. The storyline is also a disappointment. It follows Uncharted 2's cuesThis game started off strong but turned into a disappointment. First, they should advertise this game a FPS, because that is what it turns into 90% of the time with minimum puzzle solving. The controls are less responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 which makes the repetitive combat that much more frustrating. The storyline is also a disappointment. It follows Uncharted 2's cues exactly and its like watching the exact same story just in a different location. The game also turns into a Indiana Jones movie once you reach the desert. Its like watching the famous tank scene complete with Indian being hit against a embankment while holding on for his life and then the tank falling off the side of a cliff, only its Drake and a truck with a crane instead. All this leads to a so-so ending with the very predictable fights, lack luster final scene which is EXACTLY like Uncharted 2. Just buy Uncharted 2, pretend its in a warmer location, and you have Uncharted 3. Expand
  51. Nov 12, 2011
    Second only to the modern warfare series in terms of undeserved hype, this game is decent but it is only that. It may even be more undeserved than Call of Duty.

You are basically playing a movie which seems like it tries extremely hard to pretend it is not Indiana Jones. The story of uncharted is always decent at best, and you will forget it after some days. Also, all's everyone ever talks about is its graphics, which honestly, with such a linear game of course they can put the juice towards that and they are actually not even that great. Battlefield 3 and Skyrim looks just as good if not MUCH better than this game, so you should most definitely get those instead for a better multiplayer / singleplayer experience depending on what you are looking for.

It is extremely undeserved of the ridiculous amounts of praise it gets. This game is a rental at best.
  52. Nov 21, 2011
    this game is the same as the other uncharteds, uncharted 2 was the same as uncharted 1, only difference is that uncharted 2 had online, and this time uncharted 3 is the same as uncharted 2 only with more online mods, heres the story of the 3 games, you go in a adventure trying to find a treasure, you find a clue, then when you get the clue some bad guys beat you and go first to find thethis game is the same as the other uncharteds, uncharted 2 was the same as uncharted 1, only difference is that uncharted 2 had online, and this time uncharted 3 is the same as uncharted 2 only with more online mods, heres the story of the 3 games, you go in a adventure trying to find a treasure, you find a clue, then when you get the clue some bad guys beat you and go first to find the treasure, then you go with your friends to get the treasure first, then the bad guy beat you againd and you are left alone in a place that you dont know, then a monster trys to kill you but you kill him first, then you find out that the treasure is cursed and is the cause of the monster, then you go with your friends beat the bad guys and destroy the treasure THE END, and thats the story of the 3 games -_- Expand
  53. Nov 15, 2012
    All I can say about this steaming Hot mess of this choose your own adventure one big quick time event movie that is suposed to be a game and isn't is Eat Fresh!!!
  54. Nov 2, 2011
    I was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the gameI was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the game is the cut scenes. During the campaign I was looking forward to the cut scenes more than the gameplay itself. Next is the voice acting. Top notch. Not much more to say then that. Last is the multiplayer. A great improvement from UC2's multiplayer. Now the cons. The campaign is ridiculously linear. All you do is move from boring puzzle to boring puzzle, run into the enemy and hide behind something and kill them all, and sit through a cool cut scene, etc. There are some great moments in the story mode, but 80 percent of the time your doing the same thing over and over again. Very short as well. If you want you could finish the whole game in 8 hours or so. So there you have it. A good game, but not a great game. If you really want to play the some disappointing campaign then just rent it. I don't think there are any other features that could justify a full purchase unless you really like multiplayer. Final score 7.5/10 Expand
  55. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes areUncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes are awesome but game-play is exhausting and repetitive. The game eventually becomes a grind. Kill guys here, climb there, enter room with many spawning enemies, rinse and repeat through out the whole game. I found myself loving the game but at the same time becoming very frustrated during my game-play. Uncharted 2 was stellar, I must have played the game 5 times at least, this game I cannot finish due to being exhausted of the same things over and over again. Expand
  56. Aug 28, 2012
    I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS.I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS. U2's main Boss was vastily better done . also the supporting characters outside of sully just felt tossed in . That being said every thing els about the game was well done it feels like the Uncharted we know and love . there are new guns lots of fun intense sceanes that get your blood pumping and bring that movie feel in (though again not as strong as U2) . The online also has been improved and is now alot faster to get into a match unlike U2 was . All in all U3 is a great game that every uncharted fan should have and makes me kick myself for waiting as long as i did for getting it . Expand
  57. Nov 25, 2012
    There are a lot of loose ends that dont get tied up in this game. The game was going in an awesome direction but the ending left me wanting more. the graphics and production are top notch. The past two games had a supernatural theme to them and I feel like they tried too hard to try and trick you into thinking thats where they were going again. Great game though
  58. Dec 3, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best game of 2011! The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story â
  59. Nov 7, 2011
    I kept reading that this was basically just like Uncharted 2. That wouldn't be a huge disappointment since I thought it was the best game made, but that isn't the case. Uncharted 3 takes it to another level. It is now the best game. Great action, puzzles for a break, fun running scenes and a story you just want to keep watching. Perfect 10!
  60. Nov 7, 2011
    MY FAVORITE GAME. Every part of this game is worth experiencing. Loved Uncharted 2, and this is even better. Finished the game (campaign) and multiplayer is too addictive !!!
  61. djs
    Nov 8, 2011
    Simply the best game I've ever played.
    Great story, great graphics, and the sound is amazing.
    I recommend everyone to play this masterpiece! Just buy it and play one of the best games ever made!
  62. Oct 22, 2012
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    I'm disappointed by this one, the story lacks passion, as the relationship between Nate and Elena is completed in Among Thieves,the one between him and Sully is not very convincingly told. The graphic is AWESOME, beats all the other acclaimed visually stunning console games. But it's more like a movie than a video game. There are so many times you just punch one or two buttons to keep the show running.
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Best game I ever played it makes Gears 3 look like a steaming pile of $H!T lol

I loved the story it was so addictive I was hard to leave for work on time, the lighting textures and animations are the best I've seen since Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
  64. Nov 6, 2011
    My original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, andMy original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, and Uncharted 3 is one of the best games of all time. Expand
  65. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is spectacular. The same characteristic story and graphics that we have come to know in love are even more incredible here. I would say it is the best in the series but Uncharted 2 holds a special place in my heart. The story is great but a little convoluted at times. The graphics are even better if you can believe that. The uncharted series has been unbelievable. How many timesThis game is spectacular. The same characteristic story and graphics that we have come to know in love are even more incredible here. I would say it is the best in the series but Uncharted 2 holds a special place in my heart. The story is great but a little convoluted at times. The graphics are even better if you can believe that. The uncharted series has been unbelievable. How many times has a game come out to such incredible reviews (Some calling it near perfection)? Only to have the sequel turn out even better. The Uncharted series has done that time and again. The only failing here is the same as in all the Uncharted games, Gameplay. The first Uncharted had fairly poor gunplay, movement issues and poor collision detection. Uncharted 2 was vastly improved in all areas yet was still weak in them as well. Uncharted 3 however is a step back in this re-guard. The gunplay feels off, with the aiming being a little to jumpy and inaccurate. Using off brand controllers can be horrible in this game. For some reason controllers with no problems in other games will have huge dead zones in Uncharted 3. Making you switch to a Sony brand controller as soon as possible. Which still has problems just to a lesser degree. They seem to have ignored the collision detection issues all together. At times headshots will ring true wil a satisfying killshot. Other times an obvious headshot seems to have no affect as the game counts it as hitting the body. The biggest problem with Uncharted 3 is it's attention to detail and realism. This should be a good thing but really shows the huge flaws in gameplay. When in water levels the movement and flow of the area is incredible. But it really causes problems in movement and aiming when in battle. Which would make sense of course but is so drastic here because of the gunplay issues. All in all, Uncharted 3 is well worth the price. The story and graphics more than make up for the gameplay issues. The gameplay may be a little frustrating at times but will not leave you hating the game as a whole. I'm giving Uncharted a 9 as 10 means perfection and no game is perfect. Thanks for reading. Expand
  66. Nov 26, 2011
    Stunning, absolutely stunning. A game that blends every element that can be put into a video game perfectly together. It's cinematic, with eye-candy visuals, an unforgettable story, and amazing voice acting. However, Naughty Dog could have made the game play and gun play a little tighter. Otherwise, this game is a straight 10.
  67. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is why you have a PS3. If you don't buy this game and you have a PS3 I think you must have some serious issues. If you don't like this game, then I don't think I could like you as a person. This game really is something quite special; it's polished and refined beautifully. I've never seen such a level of polish in a game before. The singleplayer experience is incredible withThis game is why you have a PS3. If you don't buy this game and you have a PS3 I think you must have some serious issues. If you don't like this game, then I don't think I could like you as a person. This game really is something quite special; it's polished and refined beautifully. I've never seen such a level of polish in a game before. The singleplayer experience is incredible with great pacing and a very satisfying length. People have told me they're put off by how the game is only about 10 hours long but surely quality is more important than quantity? You'll replay this game many times and trust me the money is worth for those 10 hours. The multiplayer is just icing on the cake, its great and very robust and surprisingly addicitive. Sure, its not the best but its certainly good. The co-op is great as well. But the reason you should buy this game is for the singleplayer experience. There's nothing wrong in this game which is why its a perfect 10/10. Expand
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    A fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and seriousA fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and serious dialogue.

The gameplay is extremely solid. They did not change much from the previous games, as there was no need. The aiming mechanics are a bit tighter, and the melee is infinitely more satisfying, but don't expect a huge change from the previous two installments. I never found myself getting sick of the game, while at times the story was too obvious for my tastes, the edge of your seat action and the banter between Drake and company kept me coming back for more.

If it's your type of thing, the game has a very good multiplayer mode as well. While I don't like to play a lot of third person multiplayer, the game offers infinite customization options for both your character and your loadouts. The weapons are fairly well balanced, as are the streak bonuses. For someone who doesn't like third person multiplayer, like me, this won't change your opinion on the genre. However if you don't mind it, or enjoy that kind of multiplayer, it is well done and will likely keep you coming back for more unlocks.
  69. Nov 22, 2011
    Naughty dog at it again. The game's single player campaign offers people exactly what they expect from the franchise an a adrenaline pumping action adventure with really nice tight controls. The game mixes Third person shooter cover based system combat with puzzles and platforming, and planned out to nicely break the flow of the game with some lows and highs makes for an amazingNaughty dog at it again. The game's single player campaign offers people exactly what they expect from the franchise an a adrenaline pumping action adventure with really nice tight controls. The game mixes Third person shooter cover based system combat with puzzles and platforming, and planned out to nicely break the flow of the game with some lows and highs makes for an amazing experience. With an adventure themed story like indiana jones and fun characters you get to play your own hollywood adventure, top notch production values. As for the characters this game does go into more background info on drake and sully so if you love those characters then you're in for a treat. The online component is a big improvement over the other game with the co-op modes being the main highlight and very fun. Suffice to say uncharted 3 offers amazing SP and if you still need a fix it has a good online and amazing co-op modes to keep you busy. Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is a perfect 10. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't just give out perfect 10's lightly. You are hooked from beginning to end! A must own by any game player!
  71. MJR
    Dec 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know how much the game is loved and how much the series is loved by it's fans. But the truth is I found the game to be very shallow compared to Uncharted 2, which i would give a perfect 10. The characters sort of jump in and out of the story with Chloe and Cutter disappearing and that random Arabic guy near the end. Felt a little bit deus ex (not a reference to the Deus Ex games), and there was no climatic finish like Uncharted 2 where the sap from the Tree of Life is eaten by Lazaravich and the worst comes to worst followed by a great boss battle. In Uncharted 3 the container at the bottom of the well in the City of Brass containing the Djinn is taken care of in a cutscene you had nothing to do with. Bye evil thing that I never saw surfaced. Also that B**ch Marlowe is killed by quicksand and Drake even attempted to SAVE her. I wanted to straight up kill that c**t. Weak and unsatisfying. I will admit that the fight with Talbot as the city collapses was pretty intense as was the chase in Cartagena as young Drake. The graphic are beautiful, no denying that, and as always the voice acting is superb. The gameplay flows really well, with fisticuffs being a real highlight. I also really enjoyed the cruise ship level but it felt weird because there was no reason to have been on the boat. It was irrelevant to the story, a filler, albeit an awesome filler. You got nothing out of the level other than, oh Drake wasted a bunch of time. Overall it was a very good game with a lot of cool aspects and levels, but the end was kind of a let down, and the cruise ship level I wish could have been integrated better into the plot line. I also wish Chloe and Cutter were in the game longer and that the Arabic guy wasn't or that you had met him sooner to make him more relevant. The only area the game really suffered was the story (which is very important to me considering I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer), mainly from the time the Djinn get sent back down into the well to the end, which had nothing on the showdown with Lazaravich. In the words of Mega64 sometimes games are just okay. They don't all need a 9 or 10. Expand
  72. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Uncharted 3 is the most beautiful game ever made for the consoles.I think is one of the top 3 games of the year.Naughty dog done very good work again. Collapse
  73. Nov 7, 2011
    I never give games a ten but this is it, a perfect 10. If you thought Uncharted 2 couldn't be bettered, well, think again! Everything about this game has improved since the last iteration, everything. You will miss out on one of the best games of all time if you don't play this. Take a standing ovation Naughty Dog, you deserve it.
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    Stunningly brilliant. The best reason to own a PS3. This trilogy is the reason I got into gaming. It's brilliant and fun and exciting. Everything that is right with gaming.
  75. Nov 11, 2011
    Excelente game!!! Algo nunca visto na história da industria dos video games!! Gráficos, física, história e som. Tudo em perfeita harmonia!! Parabéns Naught Dog!! Caixistas choram!!
  76. Nov 3, 2011
    Great game, not as good as its predecessor. Uncharted 3 breaks the formula a little bit. Instead of using Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan to tell the story of El Dorado, the Tree of Life, or whatever they're seeking (trying to make this review as spoiler-free as possible, which is hard), they use the treasure as a way to explain the back story of Drake and Sully's relationship. InGreat game, not as good as its predecessor. Uncharted 3 breaks the formula a little bit. Instead of using Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan to tell the story of El Dorado, the Tree of Life, or whatever they're seeking (trying to make this review as spoiler-free as possible, which is hard), they use the treasure as a way to explain the back story of Drake and Sully's relationship. In Uncharted 3, you learn about Drake's past-- how he got into adventuring, how he obtained the ring, and a whole lot more. The problem with this is that the overall story of the game takes a beating. Naughty Dog seems to have sacrificed story in order to fit in more back story. Now, everything story-wise "works": The enemies' motivation is clear, the explanation makes sense, and so on, but it all feels very lackluster, which is weird for an Uncharted game, and there are some lapses in logic and reason that will more than likely make you say "Wait... what?" after you've thought about it for a few minutes. Graphically speaking, it's still Uncharted (meaning its absolutely gorgeous in every way, shape, and form).The climbing and platforming sections are all fun, and I only had a few places where I got truly stumped. The combat has gotten a major boost in the fisticuffs department-- Uncharted 3 now allows you to use the environment around you in your fights, which is INCREDIBLY fun to do. The shooting is still the same, in that you point at things you want dead and pull the trigger. The difficulty of combat is something that needs to be discussed, however. There were some skirmishes where I was absolutely getting devastated over and over because I couldn't get everyone, but it always felt fair. The final battle, on the other hand, was way too easy. The final battles of Uncharted 1 and 2 were both controller-throwing hard, especially at higher difficulties. Uncharted 3's final battle was so easy that it was a real disappointment. As a side note, I should probably mention this was the buggiest Uncharted game I've played. Every once in a while a cinematic scene wouldn't trigger correctly, and I would be stuck in limbo, which broke the flow quite severely at times. But the one thing that really costs itself points is loose ends. People who have played and completed the game may very well know exactly what I mean-- there are about four or five major things that are hinted at and brought attention to, but are never resolved. I expect (or at least hope) that these questions will be answered in DLC, but I'm a little disappointed, since no other Uncharted game required DLC to get the full story. All in all, the game is a solid 8.5/10. Better than Uncharted 1, but just can't live up to the glory that is Uncharted 2. Expand
  77. Nov 18, 2011
    Peut être le meilleur jeu de la playstation 3, il est toujours aussi convaincanyt le que le 2 alors qu'il aurait pu être décevant , a posséder !!!
  78. Dec 4, 2011
    my number one complaint about all 3 uncharted games is the walking i wish they would implement a running and walking system kind of like the way you can in assassins creed games where you can walk then press a button to run and another button to sprint. everyone complains about shooting but i didnt find it to bad, no worse than any other uncharted game. the story seemed a bit short andmy number one complaint about all 3 uncharted games is the walking i wish they would implement a running and walking system kind of like the way you can in assassins creed games where you can walk then press a button to run and another button to sprint. everyone complains about shooting but i didnt find it to bad, no worse than any other uncharted game. the story seemed a bit short and fighting was more fun but the way it is executed is a little difficult. i wish games would steer away from the big style of gameplay and go back to the longer gameplay of uncharted one Expand
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    Seriously this and batman are the front runners for game of the year. This game is perfect and greatly improved on some multiplayer faults from the previous game. Not normally my style and I said i wouldn't buy it, but once i rented it, i just might give them 70$ for it
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll come out and say it, if you were hoping the story to be better than U2 then you'll be a little dissapointed, however that doesnt mean it's anything short of extraordinary. The graphics are amazing, with many unforgetable set pieces. The gameplay is great with a reworked melee system, and a more aggresive A.I. The level design is superb. Music will stay in your head. If you loveI'll come out and say it, if you were hoping the story to be better than U2 then you'll be a little dissapointed, however that doesnt mean it's anything short of extraordinary. The graphics are amazing, with many unforgetable set pieces. The gameplay is great with a reworked melee system, and a more aggresive A.I. The level design is superb. Music will stay in your head. If you love Uncharted series, then don't miss out on this action packed third installment. Expand
  82. Nov 13, 2011
    A step down from Uncharted 2. While overall the game is good, the controls are jumpy and at times the enemies seem to be unaffected by bullets which leads to a lot of frustrating moments. Also personally, I didn't think that the story was as interesting as Uncharted 2. On the plus side melee combat is a lot more fun and multiplayer is still great.
  83. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot betterThis game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot better then uncharted 2! The music and sound effects are top notch as well... You must play this game! The action is non stop and the most suprising thing is, the action doesnt get boring! 10 out 10!!! Expand
  84. Nov 5, 2011
    Not as good as Uncharted 2. Great Cinematic experience but has issues. 1) Wow the campaign is short 2) Melee is repetitive and doesn't work well on stairs, did i say repetitive. 3) Bugs ... about 5 times I got stuck in objects and could not get out, had to wait for AI to kill me. Maybe because I completed Dark Souls before Uncharted 3 but it felt super short and somewhat buggy. Dark SoulsNot as good as Uncharted 2. Great Cinematic experience but has issues. 1) Wow the campaign is short 2) Melee is repetitive and doesn't work well on stairs, did i say repetitive. 3) Bugs ... about 5 times I got stuck in objects and could not get out, had to wait for AI to kill me. Maybe because I completed Dark Souls before Uncharted 3 but it felt super short and somewhat buggy. Dark Souls 9 outta 10, Uncharted 3 I give an 8, maybe 8.5 for Multiplayer (god the 10 year olds on mic are annoying!) Expand
  85. Nov 9, 2011
    From one epic adventure to the next, Uncharted 3 somehow does not send the same waves of any dissapointement that MW3 does in anyway shape or form (thank god). The Game takes obvious traits from Indiana Jones and the last cruisade in many ways, but that just adds on to the epicness that Naughty Dog have put into another masterpiece. For all the low scores here, haters gonna hate. Go PlayFrom one epic adventure to the next, Uncharted 3 somehow does not send the same waves of any dissapointement that MW3 does in anyway shape or form (thank god). The Game takes obvious traits from Indiana Jones and the last cruisade in many ways, but that just adds on to the epicness that Naughty Dog have put into another masterpiece. For all the low scores here, haters gonna hate. Go Play your Recycled garbage Zelda, and MW3, and leave the real games to the big boys, thanks. Expand
  86. Dec 5, 2011
    Simply put, this game is just.....amazing. My family got me some games for my birthday (GT5, BF3, and this one) and I beat BF3, started playing GT5, and just now recently picked this one up. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to start playing it, but I wish I would have done it sooner. I started it, and I could not put it down. I just beat the game, and while I thought itSimply put, this game is just.....amazing. My family got me some games for my birthday (GT5, BF3, and this one) and I beat BF3, started playing GT5, and just now recently picked this one up. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to start playing it, but I wish I would have done it sooner. I started it, and I could not put it down. I just beat the game, and while I thought it was a little short (I beat it in a little under 9 hours on "hard,") it was amazing. I really thought that Uncharted 2 couldn't be beat, but Naughty Dog took it to a whole other level. The storytelling is superb, the graphics are stunning, the voice-acting is top notch, and the music fits the game so well. GET THIS GAME!!!! You will definitely not be disappointed. Expand
  87. Nov 7, 2011
    A fantastic game from start to finish. The multiplayer and campaign are both a lot of fun and the aesthetics for the environments are exceptional. I'd suggest every gamer to own a copy of this masterpiece and share in one of video games greatest achievements to this point.
  88. Jan 17, 2012
    The graphics, set pieces, acting, and music are all 10/10. However the shooting has certainly dropped in quality somewhat, there are 4 or 5 infuriatingly difficult sections, and the length is the shortest of all 3 games in the series. I don't really dabble in the multiplayer and online modes so I can't really comment there, however the 2 player co-op section probably has 4 or 5 good hoursThe graphics, set pieces, acting, and music are all 10/10. However the shooting has certainly dropped in quality somewhat, there are 4 or 5 infuriatingly difficult sections, and the length is the shortest of all 3 games in the series. I don't really dabble in the multiplayer and online modes so I can't really comment there, however the 2 player co-op section probably has 4 or 5 good hours in it. Overall I think this a very good, but short, game. Expand
  89. Nov 5, 2011
    This game is very good... The greatest game ever.... HARDLY! The graphics are truly amazing, among the best you will find on this generation of consoles. The plot lines and story are compelling if that's your cup of tea (as a matter of choice I prefer short cut scenes and more action but a lot of people like quality story lines). The last several Tomb Raider games were universallyThis game is very good... The greatest game ever.... HARDLY! The graphics are truly amazing, among the best you will find on this generation of consoles. The plot lines and story are compelling if that's your cup of tea (as a matter of choice I prefer short cut scenes and more action but a lot of people like quality story lines). The last several Tomb Raider games were universally panned by critics but this game really reminds me a lot of a Tomb Raider game and the same critics are giving it universal acclaim. Here is how I see it: the developers threw in parts of Tomb Raider (puzzle solving/concept), Gears of War (with the duck and cover shooting tactics). Prince of Persia for the platforming, Batman for the melee (counter punches). The result is a very polished finished product, but I feel like I have been there and done that before. The computer AI is pretty silly from time to time and there are certain points of the game where you will be confronted by wave after wave of regenerating enemies until you hit a predetermined checkpoint. I am at the ship portion of the campaign right now so I can't say that I have seen the entire game, but based on what I have played it's not a groundbreaking experience. As of yet I have not tried the online content. I was a huge fan of the previous games in the series and I had extremely high expectations. I am not disappointed, but like I said, it's a very good, not great game. The people that are giving it extremely low scores really can't justify the negativity so I would take them with a grain of salt. If you like the series you will enjoy this game. If you are expecting something revolutionary, you probably aren't going to find it here. Expand
  90. Nov 5, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is an incredible game. Everything there is amazing. Starting from graphics and ending with story. Company is super and multiplayer is better. You'll spend a lot hours in this game. And not just in multiplayer. There are a lot bonuses like treasures and different trophies. But there is one minus. This game is worse than the second one. Uncharted 2: AmongUncharted 3: Drake's Deception is an incredible game. Everything there is amazing. Starting from graphics and ending with story. Company is super and multiplayer is better. You'll spend a lot hours in this game. And not just in multiplayer. There are a lot bonuses like treasures and different trophies. But there is one minus. This game is worse than the second one. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is masterpiece. I rate it 11 out of 10. So, that's why i rate Uncharted 3 10/10. Expand
  91. Nov 6, 2011
    I have rarely been hyped so much for a game as I have been for Uncharted 3, but I was sorely disappointed in this addition to the series possibly due to the high expectations set by Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has slightly better graphics than Uncharted 2, but I didn't seem to tell too much difference between them save for the occassional context sensitive actions. Uncharted 3 has theI have rarely been hyped so much for a game as I have been for Uncharted 3, but I was sorely disappointed in this addition to the series possibly due to the high expectations set by Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has slightly better graphics than Uncharted 2, but I didn't seem to tell too much difference between them save for the occassional context sensitive actions. Uncharted 3 has the failure of lingering on cinematic drama rather than creating a game that has good character development and lasting appeal. The game starts off interestingly, but continually gets more and more mundane until about the 12th chapter. The game picks up for a while, but I found the last 2 chapters greatly unsatisfactory. The penultimate chapter was, in my opinion, just terrible and weird. The boss fight fell flat with little difficulty and seemed to be merely added last minute as if Naughty Dog had realized that they had forgotten one and just spliced it in. The ending I thought was cheesy and a disappointing end to the game. However, Uncharted 3 takes some things that made Uncharted 2 special to still make it somewhat fun to the player. It still provides fun shootouts, and platforming segments although they are sub-par when compared to the previous game. The multiplayer was great and really like the advancements that were made from Uncharted 2. While little difference in game types from the UC2, there are enough profile options, kickbacks, and boosters to set it above its epic prequel. Uncharted 3 isn't all bad with enough of the same mechanics from Uncharted 2, but its mundane pacing, storyline, and characters make it far from perfect. I like Uncharted 2 better than Uncharted 3 in almost every aspect. Unless you have a need for split-screen, or enjoy multiplayer much more than campaign, I would advise you to pick up Uncharted 2 as I believe the single player to be better than Uncharted 3 in nearly every way . Naughty Dog has crafted a less than stellar sequel to the seemingly perfect Uncharted 2, and fails to measure up to its superior predecessor. Expand
  92. Nov 6, 2011
    Undeniably the greatest game I have ever played - having just beaten Dark Souls and Arkham City I did not come to this game expecting to be impressed but nonetheless I have been. I am completely addicted to the multiplayer and that is a rare feat as so far only MW2 was able to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks. The single player campaign is phenomenal and filled with easily theUndeniably the greatest game I have ever played - having just beaten Dark Souls and Arkham City I did not come to this game expecting to be impressed but nonetheless I have been. I am completely addicted to the multiplayer and that is a rare feat as so far only MW2 was able to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks. The single player campaign is phenomenal and filled with easily the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen. The storyline is character driven, the puzzles are good, and the gameplay is awesome. Unlike most games this generation where you have no choice but to take cover every three seconds I actually find myself leaving cover and using the melee system frequently in lieu of taking cover. The actual shooting mechanics are still great and I love the blindfiring. Anyone who has rated this game less than a 8 has clearly not played anymore than 5 minutes of it. If you're on the fence about it, do not be. If you played 1 and 2 then you've probably already purchased 3. If you haven't played any then do yourself the favor and buy the dual pack and then this one. You will not regret a single penny. I expect this game and Dark Souls to win the bulk of the GOTY awards. Expand
  93. Nov 7, 2011
    There is simply not much too say about uncharted 3 it is the best game, in human existance. i can hardly recommend it. It is a perfect cinamatic action game and i think we need these games for ps3.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is definitely the best game on the planet everything's amazing in this game the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the funny moments, the riddles, the 'jumping and climbing' system, the action every single chapter has something different like I love it how Nate gets on the plane and I really love the sands effects I cannot describe how happy I am coz i played this game andThis game is definitely the best game on the planet everything's amazing in this game the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the funny moments, the riddles, the 'jumping and climbing' system, the action every single chapter has something different like I love it how Nate gets on the plane and I really love the sands effects I cannot describe how happy I am coz i played this game and waiting for the next one from Naughty Dog. Expand
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    Game of the Year? Hell sure it is. If you liked Uncharted 1 and 2, you will LOVE the third one, as it is the best of the 3. You will not be dissapointed at all.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    The game is fantastic. Complaints about control issues are totally unjustified and should be completely dismissed. From beginning to end Drake's Deception is a masterpiece, not as much as Metal Gear 4 but a masterpiece in it's own right. The multiplayer is great but don't expect a Call of Duty or Battlefield, it's not fair to compare with that type of game because they are totallyThe game is fantastic. Complaints about control issues are totally unjustified and should be completely dismissed. From beginning to end Drake's Deception is a masterpiece, not as much as Metal Gear 4 but a masterpiece in it's own right. The multiplayer is great but don't expect a Call of Duty or Battlefield, it's not fair to compare with that type of game because they are totally different. A third-person shooter cannot be compared to a first-person shooter, they don't and never will work the same way so don't try and expect them to. Overall it is an amazing game and totally deserves a buy. Expand
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    my review just vanished lol. nevermind!
    my review just vanished lol. nevermind!
    this game is without doubt the best game ever made. it's the most cinematic game that is actually still a (quite challenging) game! from the battlefield 3 beating graphics, to the brilliant sound and acting. from the greatly refined multiplayer to the captivating story. from the new melee fighting to the (thankfully now improved) gunplay. it really is the only example i can think of that is a perfect game of this generation! it's set the bar! it gives a glimpse of the next gen, without being buggy to hell like battlefield 3. buy it, you really wont regret it!
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    There are many different reasons this game is the best game ever made. But rather than listen to me just look at the score. (Keep in mind the score is a little low.)
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    All of the Uncharted games to date have felt... Epic. This one is no exception! The graphics and visuals are beautiful, the score phenomenal, and the characters, believable. The game play in these games is very very good, but often becomes frustrating. Like trying to shoot someone right next to you, or dying and having to restart the whole action scene because Drake didn't do what youAll of the Uncharted games to date have felt... Epic. This one is no exception! The graphics and visuals are beautiful, the score phenomenal, and the characters, believable. The game play in these games is very very good, but often becomes frustrating. Like trying to shoot someone right next to you, or dying and having to restart the whole action scene because Drake didn't do what you wished. Anyways, the gunfights are superb and the platforming fun, and I especially liked the stealth scenes. Overall, an amazing game and a must play for all ps3 owners, fan of the series or not. Expand
  100. Nov 12, 2011

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]