8.3

1. Jan 17, 2012
    This is a game that plays like a movie. Think of Uncharted as a love child between Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. The graphics are amazing to the point of just showing off. They dynamics of the environments is very detailed. The characters are among some of the best developed and realistic in gaming. They aren't over the top and you become invested in them as it plays out. GregThis is a game that plays like a movie. Think of Uncharted as a love child between Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. The graphics are amazing to the point of just showing off. They dynamics of the environments is very detailed. The characters are among some of the best developed and realistic in gaming. They aren't over the top and you become invested in them as it plays out. Greg Edmonson, the man behind the internationally flavored music of Firefly does another amazing score here. The multiplayer has a lot of varied gameplay with the powerplay and load out system really making it a more engaging experience.

I highly recommend this game to everyone. It is platform gaming at it's best.

Now for the bad. The story is I hate to say it the only weak link in this chain. And that is not to say that it is bad but at times it feels at times that the progression of the story is to move from one amazing set piece to the next. The overall motivations for the antagonists and who they are is fairly unknown, and with the heroes not a lot of risk is taken with their story. It does give a few really solid shock moments and heartfelt ones. A few reveals are made that aren't explored in any detail or consequence. It was a fun game, but in truth, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves had a story that was more engaging and satisfying overall when you finished it. Drake's Deception didn't seem to climax as hard. I kept waiting for the narrative to give me that really intense feeling of danger or need to fight and move onward but it never truly came. Again I blame Among Thieves, it set the bar too high.

Get this game, play it, love it, and then try the multiplayer. With so many varying game modes you will find some that will hook you, if at least until you can compete with the higher level characters.

Alex
  2. Jan 17, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted 2 and consider it one of the best games I've played, and I feel just as satisfied with Uncharted 3.
    First of all, this game is gorgeous! This is the best looking game I've seen on a console to date and shows that the PS3 is capable of some impressive visuals given the right developer. Everything is incredibly detailed and crisp throughout the entire game, most notably the trek through the desert.
    The story is faced paced and action packed, and plays like a well-written blockbuster movie. The game mechanics are solid, character movements are fluid and high res textures make everything very realistic looking, while the strong lighting and bright color palette make the game look as if you're seeing it through the lens of a good photographer.

The story itself is well done; Nathan's relationship with his love interest, Elena Fisher and his father figure, Victor Sullivan has been fleshed out a lot more in this than in previous games. Nathan revisits elements from his past and undergoes a lot of character development this time around, realizing that the consequences of his actions could endanger those he cares about.
    All of this, plus multiplayer make for a compelling and complete gameplay experience, and one that should not be passed up by anyone who can appreciate what is an astounding achievement in interactive entertainment.
  3. Jan 20, 2012
    When we just about thought that Nate and co had just stole the PS3 and made off with being called the best game of all time, the sequel shows up and snatches the PS3. Uncharted 3 is quite simply the most epic game on PS3 and quite easily the best action adventure game in existance. Some might be turned off with the inherent familiarity and the slightly iffy shooting controls, but otherwiseWhen we just about thought that Nate and co had just stole the PS3 and made off with being called the best game of all time, the sequel shows up and snatches the PS3. Uncharted 3 is quite simply the most epic game on PS3 and quite easily the best action adventure game in existance. Some might be turned off with the inherent familiarity and the slightly iffy shooting controls, but otherwise this is pitch perfect. Taking you From London England Bars to French Chateaus and beyond, Uncharted 3 never stops with the epic moments. The minute to minute gameplay is so masterfully crafted that you rarely get time to put your feet up. Drake and his friend Sully are explored as characters in terms of their history and their uncanny likenesses to each other. The visuals are always pleasing- as can be expected of any Uncharted game and the countless epic moments just reinforce the unmatched production values. It might be waxing lyrical in the same vein as Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 3 is every bit as good and buffed to a fine sheen that is inarguably the most stellar achievement the PS3 has accomplished. Uncharted 4 has its work cut out for it. Expand
  4. Jan 21, 2012
    This is ps3 game of the year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Jan 24, 2012
    This is one of the greatest game ever made. Story, graphics and story melts together perfectly. i`v played the previous UC games and this is awesome, but i must say that i liked the story in UC2 better than UC3, but that is the only thing. the uncharted series is the top of technical achievement and storytelling in the gaming world, it sits on top of the throne with the Mass Effect series.This is one of the greatest game ever made. Story, graphics and story melts together perfectly. i`v played the previous UC games and this is awesome, but i must say that i liked the story in UC2 better than UC3, but that is the only thing. the uncharted series is the top of technical achievement and storytelling in the gaming world, it sits on top of the throne with the Mass Effect series. You really emerge into the story and the graphics is awesome. Naughty dog keeps up the tradition of making really amazing games. Expand
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is my 2011 game of the year. The action will leave you breathless, the multiplayer is pretty good, and the great story keeps on rolling. Nathan Drake is always good for a funny pun, and IMO one of the funnier game characters.I found myself holding my breath multiple times during the story mode. This game is a must buy, and you need to buy it now!
  7. Mar 29, 2012
    THIS GAME IS EPIC!!!! Get this game, don't wait! It's one fo the best PS3 exclusives that you don't wanna miss. It's got great graphics, motion and physics. It's like Tomb Raider, but you are a treasure hunter in this game, and you fight thugs in combat and shooting. Multiplayer is awesome as well, better than most Third-Person Shooting games'. A solid 10 for this game!
  8. Apr 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THE ACTION ADVENTURE GAME. It doesn't get much better than this. I truly can not say enough about this game. Scrapping the bottom of the criticism barrel to find faults I would say that it takes or limits control to the player a few too many time for my taste, also the desert scene is a little too hand holdy and long winded. These really are the only negatives you could say about this game. It has some of the best gun play ever in a game. The best combination of hand to hand with gun play ever in a game. Arguably the best graphics ever in a game. You always find yourself in a new action adventure scene that is both stunning technically and a joy to play. (I am looking at you horse back scene) Don't read more about it don't think about it, just go buy it. Expand
  9. Apr 5, 2012
    One of the best game in the history of gaming .Its an epic and unique adventure with drake .The multiplayer is even better with more stuff to do .Clearly a must own
  10. Apr 17, 2012
    The best game of 2011,everything in uncharted 3 is improvement over uncharted 2 graphics(OMG),gameplay,story,set pieces,multiplayer so i see no reason not to give it a 10/10.
    This game is a masterpiece in what it does and the best and most balanced game in the series,the plane/desert sequence is easily one of the best and most memorable moments in gaming period! It's not exactly flawles the controls are a bit lose and there were some glitches but this is nothing to worry about.Get this game and be amazed with it's awesomeness!
    Oh and ignore sad trolls like Skycrimson.
  11. Apr 18, 2012
    A perfect game, and was dubbing for Brazil, it made me very happy Sony is once again congratulations increasingly investing in the Brazilian market. I admire this in sony!
  12. Apr 26, 2012
    It is hard to chose which game is better uncharted 2 or 3 , both are an excellent experiences from the start to the end , both are recommended for every1 , but i might have to say that the multiplayer in uncharted 3 is better than in uncharted 2 , dont get me wrong thou both games excels in multiplayer but uncharted 3 shows the ultimate multiplayer experience while uncharted 2 shows theIt is hard to chose which game is better uncharted 2 or 3 , both are an excellent experiences from the start to the end , both are recommended for every1 , but i might have to say that the multiplayer in uncharted 3 is better than in uncharted 2 , dont get me wrong thou both games excels in multiplayer but uncharted 3 shows the ultimate multiplayer experience while uncharted 2 shows the best story line experience ,
    so over all uncharted 3 is slightly better in multiplayer and uncharted 2 is slightly better in story campaign . Get both of them because you must not miss those masterpieces . and if you have watched the reviews you wont see the greatest moments of the games because they didn't want to rune it , but you will see in the uncharted series a huge surprises such as monsters and creatures that have their own roles , the game excels at making you feel excited and scared sometimes and also it sucks you in right from gt go.
  13. May 2, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is the final chapter for drake. The beginning of the game was slow and steady . But at last all the story came together at once , making the game full of mystery and excitement.
    Another wonderful masterpiece after Un2 , Best game ever !!!!!
  14. May 9, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is an amazing game. It is with action, puzzles and with an interesting story. The technical graphics are great. But, you need more to explore, than to kill, and that is really good. One of the greatest PS3 game ever (9.5)
  15. May 17, 2012
    The game is decent. The game has higher highs than uncharted 2, but much lower lows. The campaign was shorter and some of the arena rooms were quite frustrating. On the positive side, the cutscenes were great and some of the set pieces were awesome. I do not enjoy the multiplayer as much as uncharted 2 either. This review is coming off of a ps3 fanboy. Decent game.
  16. Dec 28, 2014
    Uncharted 3 is a great game from visuals to story and gameplay, it is amazing. The game mixes platforming 3rd person shooting and puzzles together and they work very well i love just being on top of this giant destroyed ship grabbing on to the side and shooting enemies with my handgun and ascending, i love basically all the missions in this game. I was surprised as well when i figured outUncharted 3 is a great game from visuals to story and gameplay, it is amazing. The game mixes platforming 3rd person shooting and puzzles together and they work very well i love just being on top of this giant destroyed ship grabbing on to the side and shooting enemies with my handgun and ascending, i love basically all the missions in this game. I was surprised as well when i figured out here was online splitscreen so i could play when people went over and it always goes horribly bad because of the coop difficulty but its still ridiciosly hilarious if you own a ps3 think about getting this game Expand
  17. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  18. Mar 10, 2016
    Stunning game once again from Naughty Dog. The MP was a big improvement from uncharted 2. The campaign had its fair share of hiccups compared to Uncharted 2 but was still miles better than other games on the market.
  19. Mar 13, 2012
    As an Uncharted series fan i found myself really disapointed by the end of this game. Technically this is an almost perfect game, the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is great, but the story sucks and the ending seems rushed. The final boss was the worst...
    It seems that Uncharted 3 wasn't only Drake's Deception...
  20. Nov 23, 2011
    I have played all 3 installments of the series and UC2 is by far the best.

UC3 dissapointed me in many ways: Too many cutscenes, puzzles gives you hints after a couple of minutes making them easy to solve, animation is bad and controls are not responsive.

Is more like watching a movie rather than playing a game.

On the plus side are the graphics and the story.
  21. Nov 1, 2011
    Great Game.

Awesome graphics, story, sound... its like a movie, but you know, its a movie ... you dont have a lot of actions to do in the game.

The game is not so different than the second part, so you can´t be amazed like the other game, so its a great game, but its more than the second part.
  22. Jan 27, 2012
    Very disappointed with this interactive movie! Naughty Dog seems to have concentrated on the visuals at the expense of game play. Sure, there are amazing effects (especially on the ship and in the desert sands), but the "player" is reduced to a spectator for most of this shortish adventure. When not waiting for cut scenes to finish, you're either in shoot-outs with mechanics identical toVery disappointed with this interactive movie! Naughty Dog seems to have concentrated on the visuals at the expense of game play. Sure, there are amazing effects (especially on the ship and in the desert sands), but the "player" is reduced to a spectator for most of this shortish adventure. When not waiting for cut scenes to finish, you're either in shoot-outs with mechanics identical to last game (i.e. dated compared to recent games) or stuck in a rigid sequence to solve not very taxing puzzles, with annoying and largely useless hints popping up. Then there are the times when you have to run for it, with the camera facing you and the dumb AI, not to mention the very end, where 1 simple shot finishes the game (at least the finish of the last game was pretty taxing as I recall). On the plus side, the voice acting and the music are superb, but having just finished Crysis 2 and Deus Ex before tackling this, I was very disappointed in comparison. I honestly don't know how it got so many high review scores. Expand
  23. Nov 6, 2011
    One of the best video games ever made. That pretty much sums this up. Uncharted 2 we pure greatness, with Uncharted 3 the developers perfected the formula that made Uncharted 2 so good. There is never a dull moment here, the game flows perfectly from start to finish. Graphics, Sound and the Multiplayer are all top notch and round up this game to be the masterpiece it is.
  24. Mar 20, 2012
    Fantastic game. everything from the combat to the story is great. It's a very cinematic experience, and sometimes I even had to laugh the game was so freakin epic. The game has some linear parts, but you have enough freedom in combat to make it interesting. Some of the linear parts are also overshadowed by the fact that it's cinematics and looks awesome. The multiplayer is also very funFantastic game. everything from the combat to the story is great. It's a very cinematic experience, and sometimes I even had to laugh the game was so freakin epic. The game has some linear parts, but you have enough freedom in combat to make it interesting. Some of the linear parts are also overshadowed by the fact that it's cinematics and looks awesome. The multiplayer is also very fun and can keep you interested in many hours after you've finished the campaign. If there's one complain I have it must be the puzzles, some of them are to easy, and the game actually helps you way too much, but still this is only a minor annoyance in one of my favourite games! Expand
  25. Mar 21, 2012
    This game is nearly flawless. Split screen online is great. The main story is great. The graphics, voice acting and music are fantastic and the replay value is through the roof with the multiplayer. The only critics I have is that I wasn't as blown away as I was with Among Theives. Still phenomenal though.
  26. Apr 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Massively disappointing... While the two first games in the series were great, this falls flat on its illogical design, uninspired challenges and underdeveloped plot full of holes... While the graphics are generally great, the sound and acting also, not much praise can be given to the rest of the design. The game introduces some new characters for this third round, and Cutter is great, yet disappears from the game completely around mid-ways through - in spite of uttering a desire to see this through - they could at least have included him somewhere in the ending sequence. The desert nomads should also definitely have been fleshed out a lot more! Couple this lacklustre inclusion of the new good guys with some really wasted potential of the bad guys - unlike the previous games, the motivation of the bad guys is so shrouded in an attempt at mysticism you have to wonder if the developers knew themselves. They are hunting for a source of hallucinogenic water contamination, caused by imprisoned Djinn in a desert city (which is incorrectly pronounced - the d should not be clearly audible), yet seem to have access to the very same substance to use in a dart delivery system - while the plot clearly states they have yet to find the city where this contamination is found. Without giving away too much, to say your final battle against your two main adversaries is anticlimactic is the understatement of the year. I am aware a game like this require some degree of suspension of disbelief, yet there are so many glaring examples of "no way would they act like that!"-moments, such as when a whole city is crumbling, ceiling caving in and a giant sand pit is swallowing everything, why would a group of soldiers, who we don't know whether are mercenaries, fanatics or whatever, stay to shoot at us, their bosses already dead or gone, their mission a complete bust and nothing to gain by killing Drake, yet everything to gain by running away? Why would pirates place platoons to guard a derelict ship in a ship graveyard that they use as "torture chamber" or so, when the only discernible way into or out of the area is to scale walls like only Nate is crazy enough to attempt?

Yet another prime example of lousy game design, is when you have battled your way through hundreds of opponents, preferring melee to shooting, easily knocking out the biggest and meanest, you suddenly encounter a guy, seemingly like any other guy, you engage him in melee combat, and no matter what you do, no matter from which direction you try to hit him, no matter how much you hammer that square button, you will not throw a single punch, as he will, without fail, deliver a kick to your nuts. Why? Because Naughty Dog decided part of the puzzle had to be that this one, a clone of every other brute, you had to dispose of with explosives. That's cheating! As is when you are doing everything right in a fight, yet you will still lose, fall down a wall in a rather nicely animated cutscene, and get to shoot your opponent - but why create battles we can't win, even by doing everything right? As for the bugs - I won't delve too deeply into those, aside from mentioning one that annoyed me quite a bit: this is a game where hanging from a ledge feature quite heavily. Sometimes, hanging in the wrong spot of this ledge will make it impossible for Nate to climb up, he will instead just jump straight up, and catch the same ledge again. Not that problematic on a regular ledge, you just move to the side and try again - though when the ledge is being consumed by a sand pit, you sort of have to wonder, why is he jumping up and down instead of climbing off the ledge? In spite of all this, the game can be a worthwhile play: It isn't too long, it features some beautiful vistas, great acting and animation, some nice thrills and a bit of humour. Character interaction is, as before, pretty well done. Just be aware that the game isn't up to the standard established by the second iteration.
  27. Jun 3, 2012
    The first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly andThe first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly and painfully. I was confused not half way through the game by some of the occurrences. The ending is also not very good and neither is the boss fight. This game is definitely worth picking up, but it's not the best one in the series. Expand
  28. Nov 27, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, a game of many wonders, many triumps and many things that set the bar in an action game, trolls aside this game just barge through the big games this year the characters lovable, the locations are globetrotting from England to Syria, the campaign defines the game!. Multiplayer is what keeps you going way after the credits roll and the coop is a nice featureUncharted 3: Drake's Deception, a game of many wonders, many triumps and many things that set the bar in an action game, trolls aside this game just barge through the big games this year the characters lovable, the locations are globetrotting from England to Syria, the campaign defines the game!. Multiplayer is what keeps you going way after the credits roll and the coop is a nice feature improving from UC2, it seems when i play it i always return, Competitve MP is a bit unbalanced but dosen't really make a difference. Expand
  29. Nov 2, 2011
    While it is undeniable that this game looks good and has many nice little bits like the water, fire and sand effects. Also the adventuring is sound and fun. The story on the other hand, while well told is not my cup of tea, many times the game plays out like an interactive movie more than a game, a very beautiful movie, but a movie. Then there is the combat it just wasn't very fun theWhile it is undeniable that this game looks good and has many nice little bits like the water, fire and sand effects. Also the adventuring is sound and fun. The story on the other hand, while well told is not my cup of tea, many times the game plays out like an interactive movie more than a game, a very beautiful movie, but a movie. Then there is the combat it just wasn't very fun the endless supply of samey goons and boring shooting. So in conclusion not a bad game at all, in fact quite a good game (yes 7/10 is good, not awful) but not quite my cup of tea, so I'll watch movies for my deep stories and plot twists and keep playing games that are all about play for my personal tastes. :) Expand
  30. Nov 19, 2011
    Overrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it aOverrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it a day. Multiplayer is merely adequate with poorer co-op. Oh yeah, play chapter 18 again when you finish. Then tell me again this game is worth 9 or 10, you won't be able to with a straight face. I'm sure the Sony marketing team will thumb me down. You are doing yourself a great injustice by believing that all of these 10s are actually legitimate. For the record - Uncharted 2 is my GOTY for 2009, now that is an amazing game. Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed this game but feel like nothing was groundbreaking or innovative at all. Its very similar to uncharted 2, the gameplay is ok, but it really tries to bank off of its cinematics. Which is why i would just watch a movie instead of trying to play a game that is trying to be a movie, call me old school but i like a challenging video GAME. And really an old lady as a villain thatI enjoyed this game but feel like nothing was groundbreaking or innovative at all. Its very similar to uncharted 2, the gameplay is ok, but it really tries to bank off of its cinematics. Which is why i would just watch a movie instead of trying to play a game that is trying to be a movie, call me old school but i like a challenging video GAME. And really an old lady as a villain that was just lame to me. Expand
  32. Nov 7, 2011
    -Terrible linearity, stuck with an uncreative platforming that does not give any choice to the user, poorly balanced/built multiplayer that give the impression that you are victim of the game mechanics. -Poor aiming system, in particular grenade with the arc showing its gonna be thrown in an open area but instead it hit the wall right next to you. -Graphics need some work, maybe their-Terrible linearity, stuck with an uncreative platforming that does not give any choice to the user, poorly balanced/built multiplayer that give the impression that you are victim of the game mechanics. -Poor aiming system, in particular grenade with the arc showing its gonna be thrown in an open area but instead it hit the wall right next to you. -Graphics need some work, maybe their facial animations are great, but there seem to lack detail on a lot of stuff on screen. Their engine is starting to date now, in use since the first game, just slightly tweaked. -Poorly implemented co-op, why cant you play the main game with a friend when 95% of the time you are with another npc? -In the age of open world game, this game is starting to get old in the term of mechanic. To conclude, story was like a movie, yes, but do you really want to pay 60$ for something that you could see at theater or rent Indiana Jones for less than 10$? No you dont. If you are a fan of the series, rent it if not pass on that. Expand
  33. Nov 7, 2011
    Familiarity can be a good thing. It can also be a terrible thing. Games like Assassin's Creed have had some success. Batman is having tremendous success. It's just familiar enough and yet innovative so that you feel like the experience has something new to offer.

The problem with UC3 is this. I am rushing through the game play in order to see what story unfolds. It is WAY to linear of a game....heck even Alan Wake had some paths you could roam off of once in a while. A great deal of this game is extremely familiar, and in this case it hurts UC3. There are just too many other choices out there that sadly outshine this game. Sorry Naughty.
  34. Nov 14, 2011
    I was really hoping Uncharted 3 would be another amazing game in the series. Certainly Naughty Dog didn't disappoint with their fit and polish here, but the story, OMG the story sucked. It was written as an afterthought here. Nothing was resolved and the ending was anticlimactic. Zzzz.... Here's hoping Uncharted 4 does better with the story.
  35. Dec 2, 2011
    Considering I was one of the many on Naughty Dog's Forum who complained of Drake's Loading Ring of Death, take my "6" as a darn good review. No, the game is not an instant classic, the plot is terribly derivative of previous titles (not to mention the third Indiana Jones movie), the platforming is still just linear "jump by pressing X while pointing with directional pad no skill/timingConsidering I was one of the many on Naughty Dog's Forum who complained of Drake's Loading Ring of Death, take my "6" as a darn good review. No, the game is not an instant classic, the plot is terribly derivative of previous titles (not to mention the third Indiana Jones movie), the platforming is still just linear "jump by pressing X while pointing with directional pad no skill/timing necessary," and the gun mechanics are wonky. Outside of that run-on sentence of ill will... well, the game is still fun. Granted, the fun parts are played for you, like watching a nifty 8-hour action movie that pauses if you don't hit "play" every time Drake is supposed to jump to the next pole waiting to break under his weight. I went ahead and played hard mode after trying normal for the hour it took Drake's Ring of Death to kick in (more on that later), because otherwise "Uncharted" starts to make my eyes glaze over in a haze of nondescript non-U.S. folk I'm massacring for dubious reasons. If I wanted that, I'd play COD or any other FPS from my screwed-up country. No, Uncharted masks its racism with that 90s Spielberg/Lucas sense of adventure. Except Drake doesn't even bother saying "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM." No, he's more honest about his sense of entitlement. He wants the money. Or something. It's not really clear whether Drake is after treasure this time because of money, revenge, heroism, or some unexplained drive for self-worth. "Unexplained" is really the right word, since none of this will be resolved by the hail of awesome explosions we see along the way. The game goes by painlessly, in a series of spectacular set pieces that really are a pleasure to play, no matter how many times I cursed the aiming and stealth system (Does he really need to be glued to that wall when I'm trying to sneak-kill the guy standing two inches away?). But, in all honesty, the set pieces in the more-racist predecessor were better, and yes I know that sentence was an awfully back-handed complement/insult. If you wan eight hours of meaningless fun you'll forget as soon as you put the controller down, turn the channel to UPN. Or play Uncharted 3, whatever. Oh, Drake's RIng of Death? Well, an alarming number of gamers reported a glitch where their games would not load after their first time exiting the game. "Uncharted" took over a week from purchase to load after my first try, during which time I had foolishly deleted my save in hopes of appeasing some data god. So I had to play the first six chapters again, like being forced to watch a protracted recap of the most straightforward Keanu Reeves movie imaginable. (Speed, Maybe?) Expand
  36. Nov 7, 2011
    Story - Hurriedly made, linear, poor probability, weak link from scene to scene, cheesy too
    Graphics - Best possible quality you can find among contemporary titles. Water, fire, desert expressions are stunning
    Game-play - No improvement.
  37. Nov 7, 2011
    Everyone knows what is good about the game so I'm not going to bother listing them. But I have plenty of problems with it.

Find a piece of treasure, bad guys miraculously find you as you exit the treasure cave. Then you fight several normal guys, then one big guy in hand to hand. Completely generic and really annoying by the 4th time it happened. I expected much more from the story

Completely generic and really annoying by the 4th time it happened. I expected much more from the story aspect of the game and it just did not deliver. I wish they tried harder to give some depth and original dialogue.

The only non cliché line was Drake calling the pirates cliché The Naught Dog team needs some writers, and they need to try mixing up the combat sequences because to me they were terrible.

The next thing is the game had so many holes in the plot along with the mysterious notebook that solves all puzzles by the third game it has really gotten on my nerves.
  38. Nov 5, 2011
    Let me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while theLet me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while the cover system and shooting mechanics still haven't been fixed. Graphics still look like the first game and not to mention the length of this game is way to short for a modern day video game that costs over $60 to purchase. What Naughty Dog did well is tell a compelling story. Also note there characters are one of the better elements of the franchise. Following there characters throughout the franchise and seeing where each relationship goes is interesting. Here's my bottom line scores: Graphics 4/5, sound 4/5, game play 3/5, fun factor 3/5, replay value 3/5. Expand
  39. Nov 3, 2011
    After recently playing Uncharted 2 again, i went into Uncharted 3 with high hopes, but in the back of my mind i knew it wouldn't be a huge leap forward for the series. And while my mind was correct, it in no way meant this was going badly, this was going really well.
    All Uncharted 3 needed to do was be consistent, and it achieved just that, offering more fun, explosive set pieces, solid platforming and exciting gun fights. I feel the people giving this game negative reviews are just trying to keep the overall score down, who knows why, if i don't like a game, i simply steer clear of it. The graphics of course are pretty much the best you'll find on a console, everything looks gorgeous, and Naughty Dog's attention to detail is staggering, really cementing them as one of the foremost AAA developers in the business. The music too works very well, the main menu theme a joy to hum along to while the action loads up.
    Characters get a little more depth too, and the story does seem more personal this time around but don't expect a Shakespearean level of development. It works to keep the action going, and the set pieces coming. The action is a little more subtle than Among Thieves, but there's always a lot happening so it never feels that way, until you weigh them both against each other. And of course, the multiplayer this time certainly feels much more complete. Not to take away from the last offering, but this seems to get it all right.
    Co-Op especially is a joy to play, while challenging at the same time. All in all it's a good follow up to the stellar Among Thieves, however, Naughty Dog raised the bar so much in their second offering, it was always going to be difficult to better it, and i think Drake's Deception just falls short of that. It's certainly not a bad game, it's fantastic, just.. not as good as it's last offering. And i think that is why everyone is moaning about the scores, Uncharted 3 doesn't do much new, but it does what it does brilliantly, like any true sequel. If this came before Among Thieves, i believe this would be the game sitting at 96 metascore.
  40. Nov 6, 2011
    The greatest videogame experience i have ever had, it even rivals the best hollywood action movies, and the best part is that you are doing all crazy stuff yourself! Add in there a robust, accessible, fun and deep mutiplayer and you got yourself the most complete game in history!
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    Stunningly brilliant. The best reason to own a PS3. This trilogy is the reason I got into gaming. It's brilliant and fun and exciting. Everything that is right with gaming.
  42. Nov 11, 2011
    The game feels like a big step back from UC2. Drake tripping over stuff looks cool at first but quickly gets old. Your telling me he can survive a fall out of an airplane but can't walk 10 feet without tripping over something. I feel like I'm always fighting the camera, gunplay is a mess and multiplayer is more jacked up than that. The graphics are great but I'm at a loss as to why thisThe game feels like a big step back from UC2. Drake tripping over stuff looks cool at first but quickly gets old. Your telling me he can survive a fall out of an airplane but can't walk 10 feet without tripping over something. I feel like I'm always fighting the camera, gunplay is a mess and multiplayer is more jacked up than that. The graphics are great but I'm at a loss as to why this game was rated so high. The way the game tells its story is great however it seems Naughty Dog put this aspect in front of game play which leaves you with a beautiful looking game that is fun at times, frustrating at others and overall a bit of a disappointment. Expand
  43. Nov 13, 2011
    I suppose at this point, it seems cliche to say that it pains me to write a sub-par review for a game such as Uncharted 3. The comparisons with its predecessor abound. When I bought Uncharted 2, I played it and its multiplayer for about a year. The story, the set pieces, the music, the voice acting, the characters, the sound effects were fantastic. Gameplay had its share of smallI suppose at this point, it seems cliche to say that it pains me to write a sub-par review for a game such as Uncharted 3. The comparisons with its predecessor abound. When I bought Uncharted 2, I played it and its multiplayer for about a year. The story, the set pieces, the music, the voice acting, the characters, the sound effects were fantastic. Gameplay had its share of small tweaks required, but it was assured that with a company like Naughty Dog, the little bits here and there would be fixed in time for this third release.

The story is lacklustre, with one of the most anti-climactic endings of all time. The controls are floaty compared to UC2, the sound effects lack the same "oomph" factor, the voice acting is great as always, the music is rousing.

The shooting bits were great - there was much more in the way of environments to really vary how a player approaches a fight with twenty different guys shooting at you at once. I almost wish there was more of these. The introduction of at least 5 or 6 different weapons was a pleasant sight. As was the removal of the FAL, replaced by the G-MAL. There were just as many stealth parts, but they were far more difficult than in the last game. But in some places felt cheap. Even in parts where I knew I was being silent, I was still caught somehow. The cover system hasn't been resolved. There are still several times when I was trying to cover into a wall where it instead rolled. Overall, a very average game. But a big disappointment considering UC2.
  44. Nov 22, 2011
    The game was the best game of history and it improve the realistic action, the music, voice acting, heavily motion capture and 3D is fantastic and top-notch and singleplayer story and experience looks great and multiplayer would help you get it right and gunplay and brawl fighting was very realistic i mean you could pull the grenade pin and push the enemy and blow or throw the AK at theThe game was the best game of history and it improve the realistic action, the music, voice acting, heavily motion capture and 3D is fantastic and top-notch and singleplayer story and experience looks great and multiplayer would help you get it right and gunplay and brawl fighting was very realistic i mean you could pull the grenade pin and push the enemy and blow or throw the AK at the enemy and punch him that is awesome and this game looks like a movie (if they would make a movie) alot but i haven't played this game but i watch the videos of the gameplay, walkthrough, ending, multiplayer and the making of at the youtube and i was surprised that the game was perfect so i was thinking maybe a perfect score would be helpful :) Expand
  45. Nov 24, 2011
    This game was action packed. I had no problem with the hand to hand combat this time around. The shooting was also excellent. Also, the multiplayer is as fun as ever with new changes such as creating your own loadout. The voice acting is as good as ever and the soundtrack is unbelievable. If you own a PS3, get this game, you won't be disappointed.
  46. Feb 9, 2012
    As a fan of the uncharted series i was disappointed with this game. The story was flawless, though it didn't hit any emotional notes, it did create a sense of adventure and action. Now to the multiplayer: HUGE LET DOWN. Uncharted 2 had almost a flawless multiplayer in my opinion. Naughty Dog for the third installment went for a more COD style of an approach. Big mistake. I knowAs a fan of the uncharted series i was disappointed with this game. The story was flawless, though it didn't hit any emotional notes, it did create a sense of adventure and action. Now to the multiplayer: HUGE LET DOWN. Uncharted 2 had almost a flawless multiplayer in my opinion. Naughty Dog for the third installment went for a more COD style of an approach. Big mistake. I know people who enjoy this new style of multiplayer, but fans of U2's multiplayer will most likely be disappointed. Expand
  47. Dec 21, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is one of the best games i have ever played, the characters, story, and settings are as good as ever and the action is top notch. 2 thumbs up!
  48. Dec 24, 2011
    The Best Game I Have Played So Far. Uncharted 3 is one of the best games this generation. even though its little improvements from uncharted 2, its better. the cut scenes are very well done and is great to watch with the amazing voice acting, and the graphics. so much action in this one, its like watching a Micheal Bay film. the love story is much more tense and better then the 1st in 2nd.The Best Game I Have Played So Far. Uncharted 3 is one of the best games this generation. even though its little improvements from uncharted 2, its better. the cut scenes are very well done and is great to watch with the amazing voice acting, and the graphics. so much action in this one, its like watching a Micheal Bay film. the love story is much more tense and better then the 1st in 2nd. you can feel there's a lot of chemistry between Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher, especially when Nate is laying down on Elan's lap and saying "im sorry." the 3 major action parts in the game are The Chateau, The Ship, and The Airplane. those action parts are something you havent seen in a video game, those parts just leave you speechless. A great happy ending, and a great final boss fight. that leaves wanting more. Multiplayer is the big improvement in the game. its very fun and funny when you own someone and do your pump or thrust (both humping motions) taunt, and is very fun to play with your friends. its also a very simple multiplayer. run, jump, aim, shoot. (you may think of it as a 3rd person Call Of Duty.) and the 3rd person works in this game very VERY well.I recommend this game to anyone to play. the campaign will leave you speechless and the multiplayer is EXTREMELY fun. Expand
  49. Mar 6, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER!!! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  50. Mar 12, 2012
    Uncharted 3 left me severely disappointed. I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2 but Uncharted 3 falls short of the mark it's predecessors set before it. It has everything the other games had, breathtaking vistas, engrossing cutscenes and wonderful animations. The story however, will disappoint you. Horrendously. It builds up and builds up, but instead of something amazing, you get 'it wasUncharted 3 left me severely disappointed. I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2 but Uncharted 3 falls short of the mark it's predecessors set before it. It has everything the other games had, breathtaking vistas, engrossing cutscenes and wonderful animations. The story however, will disappoint you. Horrendously. It builds up and builds up, but instead of something amazing, you get 'it was all just a dream'. The game ends just like any TV show, with everything back where it all started. It's not what I expected from something that is, for the most part, well written and so immersive sometimes you will forget you're the one controlling what's on screen. All in all, I'm giving this game a six because there is undeniably a level of quality not seen in many games these days, but being the last in it's series the ending was bound to be disappointing, but I wanted it to be because I wanted more, not because the writers took a lunch break and left it to the interns. I wasn't even aware I had finished the game until I got the trophy for completing it, the final boss is that forgettable.

If you haven't got Uncharted 3, but have played 1 and 2, pretend you never saw Uncharted 3. Forget it ever existed and that this review appeared in a vision. It will be better to remember Uncharted as the series that never got finished, rather than the anti-climax that did. I can't give this anything less than a six because of how engrossing the whole experience can be at certain points, but overall the combat and ending will hurt this for you, no matter how much of a fan of Uncharted you are.
  51. Mar 23, 2012
    best game on ps3 by a long shot... This is a game so close to perfection.. wish i could give it 11 out of 10.. cant see why others rate it so badly but thats there opinion. i love the uncharted series and this is the icing on a damn fine cake.
  52. Mar 23, 2012
    The game masterpiece, no less. Clever plot, exciting gameplay. Certainly the best game of 2011. I want every year masterpiece of gaming. For me, this series is much better than Indiana Jones
  53. Mar 25, 2012
    The best Game ever made it has so many things going for it such as; in-depth storyline that keeps u glued to the screen from start to finish, amazing combat (Gun and otherwise) its the complete package. Buy this game !
  54. Apr 7, 2012
    A terrific game, and, most importantly, a vast improvement over Uncharted 2.
    Everything has been refined from the predecessor, gameplay, story, just everything.
    This game should not be missed by any PS3 Gamer.
  55. Apr 13, 2012
    Average game. Completely overshadowed by the greatness of Uncharted 2. Story is of the same Uncharted formula: - find an artefact - artefact stolen from you - use artefact clues to find hidden spot - enemies meet you there somehow - shoot your way out - find the next artefact. Overall i found the story and gameplay just feeling tired. There is nothing really new that brings fresh airAverage game. Completely overshadowed by the greatness of Uncharted 2. Story is of the same Uncharted formula: - find an artefact - artefact stolen from you - use artefact clues to find hidden spot - enemies meet you there somehow - shoot your way out - find the next artefact. Overall i found the story and gameplay just feeling tired. There is nothing really new that brings fresh air or excitement to the game. Ending was a little anti- climactic. Additionally there is some audio skip bugs etc. Expand
  56. Apr 15, 2012
    the story is once again amazing, however i think that the gameplay flaws really hold this game back from being a gem. 1) There is no red reticule for when you aim at an enemy. In other words there is no indication for when you are actually hitting an enemy or not. 2) TOO MANY ENEMIES at times. I think that the inclusion of these "juggernaught" enemies that takes hundreds of bullets to arethe story is once again amazing, however i think that the gameplay flaws really hold this game back from being a gem. 1) There is no red reticule for when you aim at an enemy. In other words there is no indication for when you are actually hitting an enemy or not. 2) TOO MANY ENEMIES at times. I think that the inclusion of these "juggernaught" enemies that takes hundreds of bullets to are not implemented correctly. You will find youself surrounded by snipers, guardian enemies with sheilds, these super strong enemies and enemies with rocket launchers. You will die alot! The improvements in melle combat and shooting mechanics are nice, but again you wont sit there in awe about how much better they are than the last game.

The multiplayer won't work with me.All i get is a "syncing level problem" and it disconnects me from the server. The multiplayer will not work on my router and it's not my problem because every other online game works. The splitscreen co-op is fun but it does not really add much to the experience.
  57. Aug 15, 2012
    You really must play all the games in order to get the full experience of this, it's not just a great game it feels like an epic movie trilogy, you wouldn't watch the last lord of the rings before you watched the first, and so it should be the same with this..

Combat is fun, graphics and visuals are stunning, characters are likable (most of them), and barely an repetition, put this game on your must list but make sure you get the other 2 firsts..
  58. Sep 2, 2012
    This game is disgusting. It haz no plot, no graphics, no gameplay. Only japanese pedophilies can play this game. This game should burn in Abdulov hell
  59. Nov 5, 2011
    It's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried toIt's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried to implement a Batman style battle system but it truly failed. The combat was sluggish and more of a dance than actual fighting. it wasnt fluid and you couldnt control your attacks it was just like a cutscene and have to watch it play out. Sometimes while this is happening the enemies are not phased by your attacks and you are being shot at by other enemies which is annoying.

The gameplay is more of the same but this time the targeting is so sensitive that you are all over the place. The weapons are not balanced as well I empty a whole clip shooting enemies in the head and they dont die. I use a bazooka to blow up some guys and they eat the blow and keep coming at you. The only 2 weapons that actually kills enemies in 1 shot are the magnum and the sniper rifle. The rest of the weapons are usless. As for replay value it has none. Once you beat it and it AUTOSAVES you cant go back to find the rest of the treasures you missed in the other chapters. YOU CAN"T. So dont try to tell me you can.

The story is just bland, boring, leaves empty plot holes, is a cut and paste of the old game ideas and it really lacks alot of common sense. Theres a point in the game where you meet 2 characters and as the game progresses on you forget about them. So why put them in the game? I mean the game is called uncharted right so why arent they discovering like a lost islands that havent been discovered?

The biggest problem with the game I have to say is the camera angles. When you get to chapter 2 and beyond you'll understand. The camera doesnt lead you to where you need to go in this game. You have to die and redo the whole thing again because there is no path to follow. Sometimes you get stuck facing a wall and you dont know if you have to climb, jump over something, turn left or right. This happens in all the events where you are getting chased or have to outrun something. Its a real pain and really frustrating. There were times I just wanted to return the game but I needed to finish it because I wanted to know what the fuss is about with this game series.

Dont get me wrong the game effects are awesome like the way sand and water affect your character and the way he interacts with the buildings and people. But if they really focused on the story ,gameplay, controls and camera angles instead of wowing us with a cinematic feeling it the game would have been good and might I add it was shorter than the second game. People praising this game have problems. I just dont see the 10's this is what I can think of. Either they just have a PS3 and are dedicated to whatever comes out on that console. Their expectations were so high on this game that in the end they were disappointed and are afraid to voice there negative opinions on it because they want to see more sequels made. It can also be being embarrased by the people who told them I told you so. I don't see this as game of the year only best game on PS3.
  60. Nov 12, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailersLet me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailers for the game, showing what looked to be a drab and incredibly boring desert, and a villain just as boring. Sadly, my initial feelings were correct. U3 just doesn't even come close to the magic I felt when playing U2. The story is just not very good. There are too many frustrating levels, such as the early chase through Cartagena as a young Drake that lead to multiple "deaths" due to the floaty controls making you get stuck if you make even the slightest micrometer of an error. At least half of the levels are just boring. They did improve the melee combat quite a bit, but that isn't enough to make up for the rest. Production values in the game series continue to be top notch, and it was nice seeing the characters again - however there is nowhere near enough Elena for my tastes, or Chloe for that matter. In a holiday game season stock full with big releases, U3 was still the one I was looking forward to the most, however I found that I was having to force myself to play through it, as I just didn't really care about it. When I finally made it to the ending, it was very anticlimactic, and I was just glad it was finally over. This is incredibly disappointing, considering the high regard I hold for U2 - when that game came to an end, I was very sad - I wanted more, for it to keep going. The hopes I held for multiplayer (at least for the co-op, that is) were quickly dashed as well. Competitive multiplayer in U2 was the one weak spot - the control scheme just does not lend itself to precise shooting and fun matches. Sad to say, it is still the same - competitive multiplayer is a complete mess. Poor shooting mechanics and controls lead it to be a crap shoot as to who is going to win when you come upon an enemy. The co-op multiplayer in U2 fared much better, and was incredibly addictive. It was probably the 2nd most played "shooter" game for me, behind the amazing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. However, in U3, Naughty Dog has seen fit to ruin the co-op multiplayer mode. Having to constantly change between Survival, Gold Rush and Siege is a game breaker for me. Taken on their own, they are fine, but I do not want to be forced into playing all 3 types in one match. With no ability to choose a Survival Only, or Gold Rush Only match, this is just unforgiveable. Naughty Dog has also ramped up the difficulty in Arena mode as well. No longer can you just come up behind an ally that is being choked, and quickly dispatch the choker. Now, he is armored enough that you have to shoot him for about 15 seconds just to loosen him up enough to kill him. Forget about trying to punch him off - that takes way too long. Thankfully, the time frame you have before being choked out has increased quite a bit, giving your allies enough time to come to your aid, assuming they are close by. Enemies are smarter, and better armored. Gone are the big, hulking Gatling Gun soldiers - they have been replaced by a faster, better maneuvering giant in lighter armor, carrying a light machine gun that can still lay waste to you easily. The Gatling Gunners weren't that bad, considering how slow they were. Now that this new threat moves quicker, it leads to a lot more trouble for you. Co-Op Adventure Mode is back as well, and there really wasn't any change in this - it has 5 "chapters" with a very minor storyline to it, and a decent amount of challenge to it. Overall, U3 is the worst of the series, in my opinion, as far as the single-player mode goes. Both the original Uncharted, and U2, had a much more engaging story and levels/areas. The only thing U3 has going for it above the other two is the improved melee combat. And U3 multiplayer is a shade of its former self, when compared to U2. I really really wanted this game to be my pick for Game of the Year, but it just isn't even close. In a year of so many high profile games, I'm surprised at how many have been utter disappointments (U3, Batman: Arkham City, and Modern Warfare 3 all were very overhyped, and didn't come close to meeting expectations). As much as I love the Uncharted series, U3 doesn't deserve Game of the Year that award is going to Battlefield 3, in my opinion. I do think U3 is worth playing, just to enjoy the incredibly production values and see just how voice acting and cutscenes should be done....the problem is, is the game worth the $60+ price for it? Sadly enough, I don't think so. Try and find it at a reduced price, or rent the game. This game is only mildy recommended, at best. Expand
  61. Nov 5, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations areI'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations are also significantly downgraded from Uncharted 2. Drake's model and animation looks (and feels) like he's perpetually drunk as he lumbers around corners and touches every single wall he encounters. As you can imagine, this only makes gunfights even more frustrating.

Where have the puzzles gone? In the course of the entire game, I opened my journal a whopping FIVE times. Five. There have been very few puzzles and most of the ones that are in the game are so pathetically easy a chimp can figure them out. Exploration is gone too. Very few places give you the opportunity to explore. The game just pushes you from one spot to the next. Invisible walls and texture blocking is everywhere. I knew exploration was thrown under the bus when, after only an hour in the game, I hit a spot where I found 5 hidden treasures in rapid sucession in less than a minute. These are things, along with the witty banter, that MADE Uncharted. In Uncharted 3, puzzles and exploration have been replaced with gunplay, gunplay and more gunplay. I'll come out and say it outright: The gunplay mechanics in Uncharted have always been the weakest link in the game. NaughtyDog took most of what made the franchise and just replaced it with boring, tedious, gunfights. Then when you're in the gunfights, they make the game "harder" by swarming you with enemies while giving you very few pick up options. I have turned off the game in frustration several times because of gunfight sequences where I'm sitting here with a pistol and an AR - and there's nothing else to be had other than an SMG to replace my pistol - while having to fight two or more enemies in full armor, or with riot shields. Next thing you know, I get one of them down, am almost out of ammo from trying to get through that one's armor and/or headshot them, and then I'm swarmed by 5-7 more mobs that spawned after the first big mob died. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken trying to find ammo, but there's little room to maneuver in most fight sequences because, unlike prior Uncharted titles, the combat areas are ridiculously small with very few places to climb. It's ridiculous and not fun because - yep, gonna repeat myself - the gunplay in Uncharted has always been its weakest element.

Then there's the fact that the walls apparently have glue on them and trying to scramble away from mobs ends up in death because you end up getting stuck in cover and are being shot from all sides while trying to get unstuck from the wall/box/et cetera. The story is DECENT, not great. Uncharted 2 raised the bar for interactive story telling. This one leaves a LOT to be desired. All the secondary characters are thrown in and discarded, with exception to Sully. I've seen these shadow villains only a few times over the course of the game; I don't feel like they're that big of a threat. The story behind why we're going where we're going feels like a major stretch. I know Uncharted 1 and 2 were about Drake and his "relationships" while 3 is supposed to be about Drake and Sully, but I'm not really feeling the character building there. In fact, we've seen about as much between Drake and Sully that we always see except now we know how they met. The story is undoubtedly better than many, but just not up to par with the prior two games.

Credit where its due: The game is beautiful but it's not anywhere near as fun as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

IMO, this is, by far, the weakest in the series. With all of the aforementioned issues, plus the gutting of small additions, such as gameplay unlocks and the cutscene viewer, it feels like NaughtyDog simply cut corners to get the game out to retail.
  62. Dec 29, 2012
    Nothing groundbreaking compared to the previous installment. The game is enjoyable but it's obvious that Naughty Dog was being lazy. Overall a step back compared to Uncharted 2.
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    I wish I could love this game as much as the first 2 uncharted games, but this one feels rushed and falls short of greatness. The graphics, are nice, the cinematics are good, but the main problem is the gameplay. Often times, I will try to cover behind something or try to jump over an object, and often times, what happens in reality is not what I intended at all. Multiplayer:
    The coop
    The coop is even worse. I have come across many many bugs during coop multiplayer, from suddenly having no weapon in my hand, to having enemies become invincible and wipe our group, to my character getting stuck and not being able to do anything but leave the game. My friends I've played with have also gotten bugs where their characters would be locked running in 1 direction unable to stop. WTF is up with that? These are some of the same bugs reported in the Beta. I guess they were never fixed, which makes the game feel really rushed. Single Player
    I am almost done with the single player. The only set piece parts I have liked were only some of the stealth parts, and the chase parts (where u have to run to/from someone or something). Some of the gunfights are ridiculously hard, and I'm playing on normal. The meleeing seems wonky, and some of the fight animations should give you at least some invinciblilty vs bullets. I have died many times from getting sniped by being pushed out of cover while meleeing. The hints (which you can toggle on and off) are helpful but only when they are available. The progression through each level could be highlighted a bit better, there were sometimes where I did not know where to go next and was stuck for a while just jumping around looking for a ledge or something to get me to the next part.
    Summary
    The dialogue is more or less well done, the story could be better, the gameplay is unrefined, and the multiplayer (at least coop) is buggy. If they can fix these bugs (which they probably will), then I would kind of recommend this game, otherwise at this time, my feelings are mixed for this game.
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Huge pluses and HUGE minuses for this effort by NaughtyDog. I'm wearing Drake's ring around my neck, from the collector's edition, so ya think I'm a fan?? BUT WAIT.... there's two sides to this annulus. Beautifully rendered and well-acted by the voice performers, this game repeats the fussy, infuriating ways of its predecessor. Think dying is fun? Well you will love U3's gameplay. As in the prior game, if you don't already KNOW how to react, figure on dying at least once, or maybe four times, in every fun action sequence. What's that you say? It's not FUN to die consecutively with no hints as to how to succeed? Repeated painful failure is NOT what you like to do in your leisure time? Sorry. NaughtyDog wants to rub your nose in it and spank you, again and again. Yeah, they made a beautiful vibrant visual world. But I had more fun playing DOOM on my PC in 1996 because the GAMEPLAY was better. Again, to be clear, this game is pickier than your mother-in-law and more obtusely opaque than your ex-wife. If you are single, and living in your basement, it's worse than being repeatedly shot down by the girls you try to talk to. Seriously, I would grab the director and beat his geeky stick-figure for not focus-grouping the "challenges" and noticing that they SUCK. I mean (SPOILER ALERT) I CAN FIND THE F*****G NORTH STAR!!! I don't need more hints about the objective. You irritating jerks don't know the difference between already knowing the answer and finding it on your own. Once I find the North Star, do you want me to shoot it? Lasso it? Bend it over and and show it the meaning of... never mind, I'm sure they don't even know where that was going. So they don't want me to do that. I'm appalled that people make a living designing things with such abysmal design. I mean BAD. Not visual design, which is superb in this game, but FUNCTIONAL design. Like a Ferrari with no brakes, and the windows don't open, and the stereo makes no sound, but it looks GORGEOUS.

At least the studio is aptly named. Those naughty pups should whimper and cower, shamed by the product they have offered. $118 of my hard-earned (Canadian) cash for the collector's edition, when the plain old regular version would have disappointed me just as sorely. Bad dog! Bad! Bad!
  65. Nov 4, 2011
    I'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand toI'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand to hand or gun--down to a plodding pace. The level design is a shade above terrible, as the enemies (usually 10 or 15 in an area) have way too much room to maneuver and flank Drake, and the cover that you're afforded just doesn't plain work half the time. Even the writing, the thing that made me fall in love with UC2, suffers at times, especially during the Syria mission. Take the title off the box, take the budget off of the engine, and this is a mediocre game. Not a bad game--a mediocre one. And I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me. Expand
  66. Nov 7, 2011
    I was eagerly awaiting Uncharted 3 after enjoying the second iteration but Naughty dog seemed to have dropped the ball on this one. Graphically the game is OK, itâ
  67. Nov 21, 2011
    After UC2 this game is a bit disappointing, visually beautiful but the controls are just so bad with repetitive combat it is hard to believe it gets such rave reviews.
  68. Nov 1, 2011
    as far as visuals, its pretty much toe 2 toe with the best, as far as gameplay......well its gonna be uncharted with slight improvements. as far as story its actually the worst in the series but still pretty good none the less.uncharted 3 is doing pretty much with the last 2 were and there's nothing wrong with that.But it also tries a little bit tooo hard and was 1 of the most biggestas far as visuals, its pretty much toe 2 toe with the best, as far as gameplay......well its gonna be uncharted with slight improvements. as far as story its actually the worst in the series but still pretty good none the less.uncharted 3 is doing pretty much with the last 2 were and there's nothing wrong with that.But it also tries a little bit tooo hard and was 1 of the most biggest disappointments of the year.

presentation: 7

gameplay: 8.5

graphics: 10

story: 8

sound: 9

multiplayer: 6
  69. Nov 6, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. It is perfect in every way imaginable, game of the year by far. The story is similar to that of a hollywood movie.The graphics are so good you will think the next generation of graphics is in your PS3. The voice acting is fantastic. The soundtrack will have you turning up the volume. Even the multiplayer is great, its really rewarding and has you comingThis game is absolutely amazing. It is perfect in every way imaginable, game of the year by far. The story is similar to that of a hollywood movie.The graphics are so good you will think the next generation of graphics is in your PS3. The voice acting is fantastic. The soundtrack will have you turning up the volume. Even the multiplayer is great, its really rewarding and has you coming back for more. Naughty Dog has once again delivered magic. This game is an experience like no other. A definite must buy. Expand
  70. Nov 6, 2011
    Ok guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN whenOk guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN when you turn hints off. Many technical flaws like glitches, enemies becoming invisible, bad animations, dissapearing environments, VERY stupid AI almost emberrasing for a game with this power/graphics. Even in the gamecube-era the AI can be much smarter than this. Naughty Dog apparently choses graphics over story and gameplay. I hope they learned their lesson with this one.

The multiplayer is fun yes. The best part of the game also. Not very innovative but still fun with friends. You get lots of content by level up, many weapons, medals, character costumoptions. Doesn't really hold me on like Uncharted 2, which is the much better game.
  71. Nov 25, 2011
    Best game ever played. No seriously, I'll write it in capital this time. BEST GAME EVER. This game had the best story line that I have played this year. Batman Arkham City was still an excellent game , same with Skyrim and all the other games, but this just topped it off. The graphics where astonishing and I love how Naught Dog made combat even better and that you wouldn't end up snappingBest game ever played. No seriously, I'll write it in capital this time. BEST GAME EVER. This game had the best story line that I have played this year. Batman Arkham City was still an excellent game , same with Skyrim and all the other games, but this just topped it off. The graphics where astonishing and I love how Naught Dog made combat even better and that you wouldn't end up snapping some ones neck in the finishing move like in the previous games. The voice acting is superb and the different range of enviroment sis perfect, for example your in a Forest in France and then you move over all the way to a Syrian Castle, and then you also have the Rub' Akli Dessert and much more.

The Cintamatics were amazing and they blew me away. The puzzles where mind blasting and were quite annoying but I don't give, they were still fun. The Humour in the game was very funny and made me laughing 24/7.

I would keep on going on about how amazing this game is but it would probably take me an hour to write all of it down. So i say that this is the best game of 2011 and I also that the Metacritic score isn't reall that fair, but we just have to move on and aceept the fact that this game deserves Game Of The Year.
  72. Aug 17, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece. It's graphically outstanding, really well-written and the gameplay is remarkably fun. Gameplay is mixed with gunplay and clever puzzles. Maybe the gunplay isn't perfect, but It's fun. The missions are interesting, from the objective of the great story. And, multiplayer is addictive and fun. 98 out of 100
  73. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved Uncharted 2. I played it through many times over all the difficulties, picked up one of my first platinum trophies and conquered the multiplayer.
    As you can imagine, I was very exited for the third installment. "How will the game begin", I thought to myself, thinking back to hanging from a train that was dangling off a cliff, slowly clawing a beaten-up Nathan Drake to the top to safety.
    So, how did it begin? A badly controlled punch up in a pub. Ok, that was anticlimactic. But then so was the rest of the game. If you can call it a game. Uncharted 3 felt more like one of those FMV games from the mid to late nineties. This "game" feels more like Uncharted: the movie in my opinion.
    The visuals are definitely the games strongest point, although the multiplayer visuals are very poor, but I'll get to that in a minute. Uncharted 3 tells the story of Nathan and Sully's father-son relationship; how they met, and how strong their bond is. Which was fairly interesting, but not really groundbreaking and filled with plot holes.
    Disappointed, I decided to give the multiplayer a try. I had already tried the beta and had a little experience to the new dynamic. My biggest problem had remained. The addition to a "sprint" button had changed everything.
    Before, fights were fair given everyone could move at the same speed. The shootouts were more strategic, and it was more about the placement of your character and the cover you had. Now, fights consist of blindfire rushes, and a melee attack to finish. Everybody uses this technique. It is a huge let down in my opinion as there are some great customisation options for your character and a new boost mechanic that gives the losing team a chance to catch up. You can even plug in a second controller for local play, which unfortunately downgrades the visuals. I did enjoy the horde mode though, fighting off waves of enemies made me forget that the elimination game mode had been removed on release, which infuriated me. A recent update had seen Naughty dog add this back into the playlist, but I had got rid of my copy by that point. I'd rather play Uncharted 2. It plays more like a game.
    Rental only.
  74. Apr 5, 2016
    By far the most mediocre of the saga, i enjoy the others but this is just too much with a awful story i expect more for the 4 or time to buried this saga.
  75. Nov 21, 2011
    Characters are somewhat interesting, voice acting is great, and plot was decent. Other than that, there is no substance here. Run down a hallway, shoot bad guys. Do this over and over again for about 20 levels. Multiplayer is simply laughable. Not worth the blu-ray it's burned to. If you want a great single player experience, play Skyrim. If you want a great multiplayer experience,Characters are somewhat interesting, voice acting is great, and plot was decent. Other than that, there is no substance here. Run down a hallway, shoot bad guys. Do this over and over again for about 20 levels. Multiplayer is simply laughable. Not worth the blu-ray it's burned to. If you want a great single player experience, play Skyrim. If you want a great multiplayer experience, play Battlefield 3. there's simply no reason to buy or own this game. Expand
  76. Nov 9, 2011
    Just finished it, and I gotta say this game definitely doesn't deserve the 9's and 10's it got in all the reviews.

The combat is decent at the start but gets extremely repetitive halfway through the game. Towards the end I found myself dreading having to kill enemies. The combat isn't paced well at all, for that matter. I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear

I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear to move on, another wave comes out from nowhere. After I kill that wave of enemies, I take 2 steps into another room and hey look, more enemies!

Another few gripes I had were the aiming issues (they seem to be more prevalent from halfway through the game onwards), crap button response at times and poor controls at other times.

The aiming and recoil of the guns felt really inaccurate and off. I found myself missing shots all the time. The button response in the quicktime events was also poor at times, failing to register when you jump from platform to platform or press Triangle to counter an enemy's move. The poor controls were probably the biggest pain in the ass out of the three though. Numerous times I found myself trying to get to cover to avoid fire but instead of getting to cover, I'd end up trying to push a nearby enemy, which would result in me getting shot and killed.

I think Uncharted 3 was a bit disappointing compared to Uncharted 2. The story is great, but as for gameplay there was too much emphasis on shooting rather than platforming, and not enough platforming and puzzle-solving, and issues with aiming and controls that got extremely annoying and infuriating.

I honestly don't think Uncharted 3 deserved the 9's and 10's it got in reviews. 6/10 would be a much more suitable score.
  77. Nov 21, 2011
    The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3 has shown was frustrating thing it is when controls are not responsive. Seeing as the game has such a heavy emphasis on CQC, the lack of precision and urgency to control commands is unforgivable and nearly ruin the game. Save your money folks, and only buy this game when it goes on sale. Expand
  78. Jul 3, 2012
    UC 3 is a unfortunate, unbalance disaster. And because of that, it makes UC3 nowhere as good as UC2. The enemy AI is broken, which makes combat horrendously harder now on any difficulty. The story/characters are still great, and the graphics are of coarse gorgeous, and even better than before with new character face models, but graphics can only take you so far, and unfortunately theUC 3 is a unfortunate, unbalance disaster. And because of that, it makes UC3 nowhere as good as UC2. The enemy AI is broken, which makes combat horrendously harder now on any difficulty. The story/characters are still great, and the graphics are of coarse gorgeous, and even better than before with new character face models, but graphics can only take you so far, and unfortunately the game play, which matters the most, just wasn't fun for me, so I'll pass. Hopefully Naughty Dog will go back to how UC2 for the next one. Expand
  79. Jan 19, 2012
    Well, people said that the game was too short. I didn't feel like that, because of how poorly it is conducted. Gun fights are just too wrong, and for that sake, there was too many of them. There is, as I remind, just one or two real puzzles to solve (the others are 'hey, pull this lever at the same time I do), and none exploration to do. The graphics are great, but that doesn't make a goodWell, people said that the game was too short. I didn't feel like that, because of how poorly it is conducted. Gun fights are just too wrong, and for that sake, there was too many of them. There is, as I remind, just one or two real puzzles to solve (the others are 'hey, pull this lever at the same time I do), and none exploration to do. The graphics are great, but that doesn't make a good game. The story is very boring and frankly, you won't care much for that, after the first couple of hours. You're supposed to find a well hidden city, but all of the bad guys seems to know exactly where it is, as you just show off anywhere and there they are, waiting for you to try impossible headshots. There are some great moments, but most of the game is a third-person shooter with bad shooting mechanics, and that make the whole experience frustrating. Just hope that naughty dog work that out for their upcoming game, as it seems it have more combat. I just finished it and going to trade, without even using the online pass. that's how much it made me like it. Worth a rental, at best. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was the same story and gameplay as the others. What is new? Everyone criticizes MW3 for being like this, but UC3 does the same thing. Drake is untrained, but can take out 40 guys with body armor, only to be duped or back stabbed. The villians always find a way out when the game tries to make it seem like this is life or death for Nathan. I work so hard to get him out alive andThis game was the same story and gameplay as the others. What is new? Everyone criticizes MW3 for being like this, but UC3 does the same thing. Drake is untrained, but can take out 40 guys with body armor, only to be duped or back stabbed. The villians always find a way out when the game tries to make it seem like this is life or death for Nathan. I work so hard to get him out alive and the bad guys are just around the corner after I ran out of the only exit of a collapsing building. the gameplay mechanics don't play as well as other shooters. My biggest gripe. The campaign was crazy short for a single player focused series....Idk maybe other games have me spoiled, but this was a huge disappointment with merely a few good parts. Even if some bites of food taste good, but others are disgusting, you'll still leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Expand
  81. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great looking game but a tedious one. If you like seeing Nathan hang onto the last ledge of wood before it conveniently breaks away, this is your game. But for most, the lack of creativity in story-telling will tend to bore you. The story is filled with plot-conveniences (like Nathan conveniently brushing up on Yemen right next to Elena after being stranded in theUncharted 3 is a great looking game but a tedious one. If you like seeing Nathan hang onto the last ledge of wood before it conveniently breaks away, this is your game. But for most, the lack of creativity in story-telling will tend to bore you. The story is filled with plot-conveniences (like Nathan conveniently brushing up on Yemen right next to Elena after being stranded in the middle of the sea) and tiresome quotes (like Sully's surprisingly honest quip about losing the plot). The melee animations are poorly done. Nathan frequently glitches in and out of group fights. It works but it looks ugly in the process.

Multiplayer wise, it's bad too. The animations took a huge nose-dive, and the models are noticeably poorer looking. They got rid of the traditional U2 Co-Op modes and combined them all into one, which forces you to play boring gold rush maps even when you don't feel like it.

Overall, a disappointment if you were coming in as a huge Uncharted 2 fan. But if this series is new to you, you'll probably like it.
  82. Ru3
    Nov 29, 2011
    I recently bought the EXPLORER's edition of this game which, for those who do not know, costed a bit over $200 AU. I was looking forward to a perfectly perfect experience
    However, this game is far from perfect. I'm a HUGE fan of UC1 and UC2, but this one has been so fraught with technical problems that I can't quite immerse myself like I had hoped. UC3 is playing havoc with my ps3, as well as many others complaining on Naughty Dog forums. Many are experiencing an eternal spinning ring at loading screens. Some, like myself, have CONSTANT audio cut-outs, environment drop-outs, and cutscene freezing issues.
    As an avid fan of the UC series, I have waited patiently for a month now, HOPING that Naughty Dog would remedy the situation.
    Unfortunately, the first patch fixed 3D. The second patch added theatre mode for cutscenes, motion blur, and aiming.
    Naughty Dog has not addressed any issues for those of us who can hardly even PLAY this game. They address complaints about 'oh, I can't aim my gun as well as I should' and 'I can't get my multiplayer to work properly!'... HOW ABOUT ensuring that 100% of your customers can actually PLAY this game, rather than forsaking the minority who get a substandard or even nonexistent experience.
    UC1 fan. UC2 fan. UC3... has completely destabilized my confidence in the series.
  83. Nov 5, 2011
    A real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already knowA real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already know they have a father/son type relationship this didn't need to be delved into in so much detail. On positive notes Cutter is an excellent character and has some of the best lines. Expand
  84. Nov 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, the sequel to the very well obtained Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but was it worth the wait?

Uncharted was always known for the superb dialogues and great storytelling, especially Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

The problem with uncharted 3 starts at the very beginning. A new character gets introduced, where you dont know anything about. In continuation of that, that character is coming with you for like the first half of the game. Also, the way how you create a band with the characters in Uncharted 2 are not found here. Characters that were really important in uncharted 2, are completely dull and empty in Uncharted 3, and the only reason why they are in Uncharted 3 is to create variety. But what does Uncharted 3 do better than uncharted 2.

in Uncharted 3, it feels like 2 seperate teams work for 1/2 of the game. The first half is completely slow-paced and the dialoques are still very dull. But at some point in the game, there is a twist in the story and thats when it becomes very well. Suprisingly, the dialoques are very good and funny, and the global thrill just goes a gear up.

The thing with Uncharted 2 was that howlonger you were in the game, the worse the game got (or atleast less), In Uncharted 3, you begin very cliché and slowpaced, but then the twist comes and its non cliché and the pace is going faster.

Still, I like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves more, because that game was just approaching 'perfection.'
    but Uncharted 3 is not a game you want to miss, if you have played the previous two titles.
  85. Dec 23, 2011
    While this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was greatWhile this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was great (and it was). It seemed mashed together with no purpose. The villains were basically non-existent and basically irrelevant, which was fitting for what they put as the ending I guess - pretty disappointing. The game-play on the other hand was very entertaining at times and was very well mixed. The only downside was the shooting mechanics - which is pretty archic. The graphics were nice and the art direction was among the best I've seen. Overall though, I enjoyed Uncharted 2 So-so much more than U3 and it didn't ever quite bring me into the game, - then it was over. As a reference, I give Uncharted 2 a 9.5 and Uncharted 3 just a 6. Good game, just not great in my humble opinion. Expand
  86. Jan 1, 2012
    Naughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of itsNaughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of its third person shooter aspect, but for the third installation the shooting aspect was altered for the worse. I actually had to play Uncharted 2 to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but Uncharted 3 has somehow managed to make it erratic and slower to aim. And, while I'm not a fan of precision jumping platform games, Uncharted 2's use of it was beareable due to the graphics attention to detail and voice commentary along the way. In Uncharted 3, the developers added more animations to Drake's movements that he ends up with a very unnatural herky, jerky movement that causes an unreliable platforming experience. It's just awkward and painful to watch or play. Naughty Dog furthered tweaked this series by including more fighting options by having timed button pushing, which I can't stand. If you want a fighting game, than add combos and blocks, don't have me just push one or two buttons according to what the developers flash in front of me. So the overall effect of the game on me was a great action storyline but since I didn't enjoy playing the game with its current mechanics, I felt I was just trying to get from one cut scene to the next in order to watch a movie and not actually playing a game. Since this game is suppose to be a 3rd person shooter, and it has done this badly, no amount of great graphics and storyline can make this a game worth paying full price to play. Expand
  87. Jun 10, 2012
    If you're staggered by an explosion, enemies can shoot you, even if your character is clearly in cover. The melee combat is flawed, with no real way to exit combat, or cancel into other moves like the previous 2 games. There are times where the game feels like it's just throwing enemies at you for the sake of making it more difficult, only to have it be incredibly annoying.
  88. Aug 17, 2013
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were awesome.... 2 of my favorite games.... it pains me to say this but I feel that they phoned this one in just to make money...... No sense of depth or scale
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    It's like watching a bad movie. A movie some people paid 60 dollars for. I am ashamed that people will look forward to this in becoming a landmark in videogaming.
  90. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is just an all around terrible game. The game was short, the gameplay was absolutely awful. There is no way this game lived up to all the hype that was given for it
  91. Nov 9, 2011
    First off, yes, when this game is good, it's very good, unfortunately that only seems to happen when you either have no control over your character (cutscenes) or following the camera as you auto run from well rendered destruction. Sadly any challenge to the puzzles from the first two games has been replaced by a very few incredibly simplistic "puzzles" which shouldn't take anyone moreFirst off, yes, when this game is good, it's very good, unfortunately that only seems to happen when you either have no control over your character (cutscenes) or following the camera as you auto run from well rendered destruction. Sadly any challenge to the puzzles from the first two games has been replaced by a very few incredibly simplistic "puzzles" which shouldn't take anyone more than 30 seconds to decipher. The platforming is dull and clunky, far inferior to the platforming of Assassin's Creed or Infamous, it's more tedious then anything. All of this I could excuse, because it's not a puzzle game, and the platforming is at least serviceable, but what is unacceptable is the utterly abhorrent shooting mechanics, which considering this is more easily classified as a third person shooter than anything, that's the deal breaker. I don't understand all these positive reviews. The shooting sensitivity is a jumpy mess, god help you if you have to make a slight tweaking movement, which the game takes to mean "Aim 10 feet in any other direction". The cover system is as jumbled and broken as it is boring, and considering the enemy A.I. is surprisingly crafty and on many occasions pile on in droves, it would be nice if I could defend myself with at least some small level of competence, but no. Weirdly enough I don't remember the shooting mechanics being this bad in either of the other two games. It's inexplicable. Every facet of this game is done far better in others, I already mentioned the platforming superiors, but the melee combat is a tedious, uninteresting "cinematic" parallel to Batman's fluid counter-based fight scheme, and the shooting, well take your bloody pick. It might be easier to come up with a list of modern games with worse shooting mechanics, honestly nothing's even coming to mind. I always buy my games new and only trade-in if I feel the developers let me down/deserved it and I was MORE than happy to trade this in less then an hour after beating it and putting that money towards a more deserving title. I suggest you skip step one and go straight to buying a better game and stop believing hype. A game can have unparalleled beauty, this one certainly does, some of the best work I've seen in that regard, but if it's core mechanics are at best irritating, and at worst broken, then I'd just as soon take a chance on another title that actually deserves my $65. Shame on you Naughty Dog, that's a very BAD Naughty Dog. Expand
  92. Nov 23, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, and a very well polished game, the gameplay is good. but there are still some issues, and the multiplayer is laughable. The controls are mixed up, and not that great, the platforming is out of place,and it becomes very repetitive near the end.
  93. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, this would be okay as a Movie. What the difference between this and masterful Mario/ any other game is, is that those games actually present more than an interactive cutscene. The plot is okay at best, and cliche at worst, and I can't possibly recommend this game for anyone who cares about gameplay.
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    This game looks good, but in reality this in not a game, this is a movie like Indiana Jones. The animations are great but this is just a Indiana Jones s copy
  95. Nov 21, 2011
    If you liked 2 then buy it, if you didn't then don't. There is nothing here that will change your mind. It is a sequel, don't complain when a sequel is similar to its predecessor.
  96. Nov 4, 2011
    UC3 is as average as UC2 was brilliant. As a fan of the first 2 games gotta say the 10 ratings on this site are farcical. Aiming is awful, movement sluggish and "cinematic gameplay" takes control away from the player and even adds movement to the character that's not coming from player input... so it's not "gameplay" at all. Naughty Dog have rushed this out for Xmas. Shame on them.
  97. Nov 18, 2011
    I was incredibly let down by Uncharted 3, especially in light of the absolutely stellar reviews it has received from places like IGN and Destructoid. While there is no doubt that the game is beautiful and has some stunning set pieces, it has serious gameplay issues. Targeting with a weapon is like trying to precisely measure the position and momentum of a subatomic particle, i.e., itI was incredibly let down by Uncharted 3, especially in light of the absolutely stellar reviews it has received from places like IGN and Destructoid. While there is no doubt that the game is beautiful and has some stunning set pieces, it has serious gameplay issues. Targeting with a weapon is like trying to precisely measure the position and momentum of a subatomic particle, i.e., it doesn't work. I can't even keep track of how many times I went through entire clips without hitting my target. What makes this worse is that it's what the game forces you to do more than anything else. The entire game follows a pattern: cut scene, wave of enemies, easy puzzle, wave of enemies, escape collapsing set piece, repeat. It gets really old, and frankly, boring (so maybe it's a good thing that the game is noticeably shorter than Uncharted 2). Another aspect of Uncharted 3 that frustrated me immensely was that it forces you to use the melee system (which takes way too long) to fight off the armored "heavies" which appear way too frequently and are essentially immune to firearms while 6 guys with rocket launchers andor sniper rifles are pumping me full of rounds. It's absolutely maddening. Now, I typically play games for the story, and I could have gotten past these serious issues if the story for Uncharted 3 had really grabbed me (I expected that it would based on the reviews I read), but in reality, it was predictable, shallow, and boring. Drake is more of a caricature than ever. We don't learn anything about his motivations. Sure, the question is brought up a few times, but we never get a straight answer. For me, the story was completely forgettable. I can't really comment on the multiplayer because I didn't play it at all. I'm not big on multiplayer, and while I played in the beta, I didn't really get into it. The truth is, as much as it saddens me, as soon as the credits rolled on Uncharted 3, I got online and arranged to sell it back to Amazon. I loved Uncharted 2, and I wanted to love Uncharted 3 it simply doesn't compare to its predecessor. Expand
  98. Nov 30, 2011
    Terrible game. I thought this game was suppose to be good just like the previous one. But no it was horrible. Number first, the online has a lot of patches also every time your the host and you quit then every body else leaves. Second, no body uses their headsets in this game thats so wack. Third, the campaign was too short you can beat the game in one day! That's horrible! Lastly, theTerrible game. I thought this game was suppose to be good just like the previous one. But no it was horrible. Number first, the online has a lot of patches also every time your the host and you quit then every body else leaves. Second, no body uses their headsets in this game thats so wack. Third, the campaign was too short you can beat the game in one day! That's horrible! Lastly, the characters were horrible I mean you got Drake then you got this stupid dude named Miller. Just horrible worst game of the year! Yes I did bought the game as you can see just because I love Nintendo doesn't mean I get to hate other consoles as well. I am a multiple console owner and this game is just horrible. My PSN account is: deletion123 add me so we can play some Uncharted 2 not this TERRIBLE game! Expand
  99. Nov 2, 2011
    Good graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies inGood graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies in order for Naughty Dog to pad out the levels and make it seem like you're getting more gameplay than you really are.

The weapons and combat system have been altered in a way that I think is detrimental to the enjoyment of the fights and it really just irks me that there's still lots of unfixed problems with combat, such as finicky grenades landing in unreachable places, or enemies being able to hit you through walls despite the fact you are concealed in cover.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, but it definitely has a lot of aesthetic polish. But then again, so does a brass toilet.
  100. Mar 6, 2012
    An interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the UnchartedAn interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the Uncharted Dual Pack provides greater value than Drake's Deception. Expand
  101. Aug 18, 2013
    Rental only.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]