8.3

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game, best of the series so far.

Great game, best of the series so far.

Beautiful, inspired, unmatched. This game takes what we know of cinema/games and merges them into what we should almost call a new genre...Cinegame. There are times when playing this I forgot it was not a cutscene, and therefor payed the price for not playing accordingly. Look, no words will get you to understand what Naughty Dog have done, point is, buy it, period.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a blockbuster tital right out of the gedgo. Stellar gameplay mechanics and storyline, Uncharted 3 is sure to satisfy your gaming needs. The singleplayer story starts out with Nath and his long time partner sully venture off to find the atlantis of the sands. Along the way they will fight bad guys and find treasure. And hopefully not get killed trying.
    One thing that sets
    One thing that sets Uncharted apart from other action adventure games is that its kind of like a movie. The cutscenes add a dynamic feel that no other game does, also the transaction from cutscene to gameplay is spot on. Their is also many puzzles to bend your mind and add more gameplay. One thing that I find is that most of the puzzles are in the first half of the game, I do not remeber many puzzles near the end of the game. Another issue I had is that I did not feel that finding the atlantis of the sands was such a great acomplishment, In Uncharted 3 I blown away by shambala, also the story I found less interesting then the first game. I just felt like they didnt think as much on the story then they did in the first game. Other then that the stroy was great.
    Multiplayer and co-op are other great additions to the already great game. Multiplayer has creative maps and iddictive modes and gameplay. The co-op I didnt injoy as much as the multiplay because it only has 6 chapters and the co-op story really didnt pull me in the single player story.
    I recemend uncharted 3 extremely! Pick it up right away for your PS3!
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    The long anticipated wait of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception exclusively for PlayStation 3 is finally over and we get to experience another action-packed thrill ride. Nathan Drake is the series protagonist in search of a fabled city known as "Atlantis of the Sands" which holds untold secrets and riches. This journey to find the fabled lost city will test Drake's limits both physically andThe long anticipated wait of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception exclusively for PlayStation 3 is finally over and we get to experience another action-packed thrill ride. Nathan Drake is the series protagonist in search of a fabled city known as "Atlantis of the Sands" which holds untold secrets and riches. This journey to find the fabled lost city will test Drake's limits both physically and mentally. I refuse to spoil the story so I will keep the plot to a minimum but to get the most out of the experience, play Uncharted 1 & 2 first. There's lots of references to the previous adventures that you will appreciate.

Naughty Dog really went all out on Uncharted 3 and it shows with it's drool-inducing graphics which has raise the bar once again in the gaming industry. The amount of detail is staggering to say the least and you will be truly immerse in this fictional world. Animations like Drake touching the wall when close or just collapsing on the ground due to physical exhausting is so realistic and refreshing. In-game textures are phenomenal along with weather and particle effects not to mention amazing physics, lighting, shadowing implementation. There are set pieces in the game that will make your jaw drop and pause to look at the breathtaking mind-blowing environments. Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3 has manage to surpass Uncharted 2's visuals which I thought was not possible.

The sound of Uncharted 3 is nothing short of stellar and helps set the tone perfectly for this latest entry especially with headphones on. In fact, the sound is so good, I mistaken some of the sound effects for actual real life sounds which that has never happened to me before. I am more than impressed with the voice over work and each character is not only believable but relatable as well. There's instances where Drake says what you're thinking in the game (in my case that is) and it really adds to the experience. The dialog is hilarious and witty which does a fine job of easing the tension and believe me, the action is intense.

Aiming is fine though I had difficulties getting headshots but that is most likely do due me not having the best accuracy. Platforming can be a pain especially when you go for a long jump just to plummet to your death but it won't ruin your experience. Enemies are way more intelligent now and will actually find ways to surprise you with a bullet in your head from out of nowhere. The hand-to-hand combat is amazing and you might find yourself using it more than guns but guns are still very effective. Puzzles are challenging and really get you thinking but not too difficult to halt you for months.

Aside from campaign mode, Uncharted 3 offers online co-op which even includes an additional bonus story and totally revamped the online multiplayer mode. Now you can create a character and insignia to your liking but limits you in what you can do. For example, you can only create male characters which left me a little disappointed as I rather create women. The new features like kickbacks and moving set pieces may receive mix reactions but I find it refreshing and a welcome change. Expect to be frustrated because you are often matched with players who are for more skilled with better weapons, boosters, and kickbacks. -The Breakdown-

Story: You're going to love every minute of it.

Graphics: Uncharted 3 has set the bar once more.

Gameplay: Addicting and pulse-pounding.

Sound: The best in the series and far ahead of the competition.

Online: Lots to do and plenty to play with.

Entertainment: As close as you can get to starring in a blockbuster action film.

-The Bottomline-

Uncharted 3 is without a doubt the best PS3 game of 2011 but has some serious competition for Game of The Year award. The story alone is better than most Hollywood blockbuster films and truly a unique experience for gamers. Naughty Dog has outdone themselves again with Uncharted 3 and I implore you to experience the world this talented development team has created exclusively for PS3. I felt Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece but Uncharted 3 far exceeds it in every way. Drake's Deception is indeed a masterpiece but is it perfect? Nothing is perfect and like every game ever created, it does have flaws but they're so minor that it doesn't ruin the amazing experience. Without a doubt, Uncharted 3 gets a 5/5 stars which is a first for me but I simply can't get enough of this game so grab a copy and join me!
  4. Nov 9, 2011
    This game was fantastic. I have been a Drake fan from the start and this game made the series even better. Naughty Dog displays its good showcasing of story line and gameplay.
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    Excelent Game i have finished it on crushing for one week...some breaks meal but i finished it! amazing story Great graphics most visual apealling game ever! nothing compares to uc3 ///////call of duty mw3 is a DLC $1 DLc lol
  6. Nov 8, 2011
    I have played a plethora of games on multiple consoles, and having familiarized myself with Naughty Dog, I feel it appropriate to label Uncharted 3 as their magnum opus. Despite the great Crash the Bandicoot games and the other two works of art that were Uncharted 1 and 2, Uncharted 3 truly is a masterpiece in its own right. Captivation occurs within 15 minutes of the campaign, and the reI have played a plethora of games on multiple consoles, and having familiarized myself with Naughty Dog, I feel it appropriate to label Uncharted 3 as their magnum opus. Despite the great Crash the Bandicoot games and the other two works of art that were Uncharted 1 and 2, Uncharted 3 truly is a masterpiece in its own right. Captivation occurs within 15 minutes of the campaign, and the re playability offered by the campaign alone is astounding. Multiplayer is a whole other beast, and while it may not be for everyone, it certainly has its niche. The single player experience alone is enough to garner a 10, and I urge each and everyone of you to familiarize yourself with the previous installments. Pick this game up, and I guarantee that it will change your viewpoints. Naughty Dog presents the case for video games as art better than any other game that I have played. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is one of the best video game in this century IMO. Only reason it's behind batman in review is, Batman was only reviewed by few amount of people...while Uncharted 3 has more reviewers, but still managed to come on second place.
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    This game will receive GOTY award ! One of the most exciting and awesome ever made so far. If you didn't buy your, go get it. Multiplayer need some fixes/adjust in order to became competitive.
  9. Nox
    Nov 9, 2011
    The gameplay feels a little dated, and the hud doesn't look good at all. But everything else in this game makes up for it. The Graphics are gorgeous and stunning. The story is engaging and entertaining. The characters are vibrant and witty. If you have a PS3 pick this one up.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is simply put an AMAZING game. In fact, I love it so much I will be so happy if they announce an Uncharted 4! This game has upgraded everything from the second game and is worth every single penny of the asking price. A must own game for any PS3 owner. Nathan Drake kicks Indiana Jones' ass
  11. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another great entry into the franchise, was slightly letdown by the pacing of the story and sheer lack of attention to detail concerning Drake's relationships with the rest of the cast and their part in things.

Like...who the hell is Cutter? Is anyone ever going to explain how he knows Chloe? Will he ever get with Elena? What else happened while Drake was growing up with Sullivan?

It felt like the story this time around was very rushed and even the ending was far less exciting than in the previous two games, there wasnt even a setpeice that included a boss fight this time, just a short escape setpeice and thats it, and then the story was over.....again, with very little closure except that you know the villians are gone.

Since Im not a big fan of the multiplayer (Played UC2 and both UC3 betas) Im not going to really comment on that, I just dont really like the shoddy hit detection and balancing.
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    Fantastic Game, constant fun throughout the singleplayer with a fantasticly told story and amazing graphics that prove the PS3 is the leading console on the market. The multiplayer is lots of fun, the multiplayer has improved on the last game and made the gameplay smoother, less laggy, and still manages to make the hand combat very, very fun in multiplayer.

And the funniest thing is that

And the funniest thing is that the critics are saying that Uncharted 3 isnt as good as Uncharted 2 cause they didn't change much, well stuff them all cause Call of Duty has changed it formula at all since the first game, and the boring bastards still give em rave reviews.

Uncharted 3 is one of the best games ever played, so get it.
  13. Nov 9, 2011
    I almost considered giving this game a 9 almost on it's story alone, but it's not a movie and cannot be based on one aspect. Those that say this game is perfect or the greatest ever conceived is most likely coming from PS3 fan boys that only consider PS3 only games the only form of video games IMO. This game has it's issues wither it be frustrating gun fights or questionable platforming,I almost considered giving this game a 9 almost on it's story alone, but it's not a movie and cannot be based on one aspect. Those that say this game is perfect or the greatest ever conceived is most likely coming from PS3 fan boys that only consider PS3 only games the only form of video games IMO. This game has it's issues wither it be frustrating gun fights or questionable platforming, yet this doesn't take away to much from the great experience you will get by playing this game. I will say the complete story just didn't have the same amazing experience that the second one gave me, which I consider to be the best of the series and also why I gave it a lower score.

You need to buy this game though I also feel that Batman Arkham City should be Game of the Year!!! at least so far.

Also.....what kind of enemy runs directly into you line of fire or goes down to cover when he is still completely exposed, the A.I. in the game is questionable in a lot of areas of Uncharted 3
  14. Nov 10, 2011
    This game like any other games has its probelms, but make these minor issue a overrated contradiction to the good points this game excelled at would be preposterous. The games storyline is as rich and beautiful as the graphics that Naughty Dog has developed. The gameplay mechanics is as smooth as ever inviting me back to the game for multiplayer long after me and Drakes adventure ends.This game like any other games has its probelms, but make these minor issue a overrated contradiction to the good points this game excelled at would be preposterous. The games storyline is as rich and beautiful as the graphics that Naughty Dog has developed. The gameplay mechanics is as smooth as ever inviting me back to the game for multiplayer long after me and Drakes adventure ends. Overall 9.7/10* Expand
  15. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing game! One jaw dropping moment after another. The game is fluid, and every chapter has a new and vibrant setting. The shoot out scenes have been getting progressively better every Uncharted Released. Excellent story telling. Must Buy!
  16. Nov 10, 2011
    Just finished Uncharted 3, so how was it?

Just finished Uncharted 3, so how was it?

Good, damn good. But it could have been better. For readers who haven't played the series before, think of a cross between Tomb Raider & Indiana Jones. A delightful mix of perfectly-timed comedic lines with tons of action and suspenseful drama to keep you on the edge of your season. However, as trustworthy as a well oiled machine can be, that doesn't mean there can't be room for improvement. Listen, the game was damn good, so i'll focus more on the negative aspects of the game. For the most part its the "waves" of enemies. I've read before complaints about boss battles, but wave after wave of enemy gets boring. Add to that still more of an on rails feeling, not nearly as bad as Call of Duty or other high end action games, but enough for me to button mash climbing objects or running from point A to B.

I also wish there were multiple ways to beat puzzles, climb objects, defeat enemies. Give me some more RPG elements that give the game more depth and it would be damn near perfect. Yes, the controls sometimes still feel clunky as well, but if you use the cover system to your advantage and stay patient, it'll work out smooth. Especially with the aiming issue being addressed. And honestly that's it. There are TONS of additional treasures to find that add a smaller open world feeling to the game and a largely expanded multiplayer experience too boot. Other than that it's that good ol' Uncharted feeling, damn near perfected, which is what makes this game so great. While it's certainly not perfect, it's absolutely one of my GOTY contenders and one of the best PlayStation 3 games to date. 9/10
  17. Nov 10, 2011
    Not a major step up from Uncharted 2. But honestly, to top a game that was one of the best games I've personally ever played... it's a big accomplishment. The game has some of the most astounding cinematic scenes in gaming, an amazing story, an amazing score, great gameplay and a surprisingly very good multiplayer. You won't want the cut scenes to end, and you'll have a blast playingNot a major step up from Uncharted 2. But honestly, to top a game that was one of the best games I've personally ever played... it's a big accomplishment. The game has some of the most astounding cinematic scenes in gaming, an amazing story, an amazing score, great gameplay and a surprisingly very good multiplayer. You won't want the cut scenes to end, and you'll have a blast playing through the game itself. Expand
  18. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing game that must be owned if you own a PS3. Great Experience. The game is like a movie from start to finish, and its fun to go back and replay everything.
  19. Nov 10, 2011
    In french : (same maker of the game ;-) ) Franchement excellent au niveau graphisme, mise en scéne et action.
    perso je trouve que le rythme des 5 premiers chapitre n'est pas au top ... Aprés 10/10 ! Bien joué les Dogs ! on en redemandent Merci
  20. Nov 10, 2011
    exelent game graphics are amazing,single player is extremlly fun but multiplayer is a bit hard, after you play multiplayer you will became pro, also co-op is fun too if you play with your friends
  21. Nov 10, 2011
    The best game ever I've played. Graphic, music, singplayer, multiplayer, coop. Story in SP is amazing, better than uncharted 2 story, amazing A / V. THIS GAME IS JUST AMAZING!!!. Game of the year. Better than Batman AC, Deus Ex HR, better than everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    I was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received forI was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received for lasting appeal just because of the tacked on MP. I personally would rent the title in hindsight, have your fun and move on. Alternatively wait for the platinum release which will be much cheaper. Great game but not a 10 ever. There is no innovation from the previous 2 games and it is too short hence my decent 7 score. Expand
  23. Nov 10, 2011
    Just fantastic...! The music and the background is just remarkable. I do not have words for how fantastic this game is. I never get tired from playing this, nor the two previous Uncharted games! Game Of The YEAR!?!
  24. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is awesome. The story is great, the graphic is the best and the gameplay and melee is just superb. This game deserves the praise it is getting. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't just give out perfect 10's lightly. You are hooked from beginning to end! A must own.
  25. Nov 10, 2011
    A masterclass in game development. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is one of the best games of this generation, featuring the best singleplayer campaign money can buy.
    A story that not only makes you care about the characters but invests you in their cause, unbelievably epic action set pieces, genuine emotion, humour, all wrapped in the best graphics on the PS3 - hell, on any platform - this is the reason I play games. The multiplayer is fun, addictive, and constantly rewarding. You can customise the way you play in every conceivable way, whether it's giving your character a top hat or adding faster reload mods to your weapons. Jump into co-op mode with a few friends, and prepare to have an absolute blast. Choose from 5 levels, reworked from areas of the singleplayer campaign and featuring their own story, or play co-op arena, which has you surviving for 10 rounds against constantly advancing swarms of enemies. Co-op in Uncharted is up with there with the best on ANY platform - and as an added bonus, you can play all these modes offline in splitscreen. Sweet.
    Uncharted 3 is the complete package. Forget all the other games out there, there's only one game you need to buy this winter. Yet again, kudos to developer Naughty Dog for raising the bar to dizzying new heights.
  26. Nov 10, 2011
    Incredible. An absolute must buy. If you have never purchased an Uncharted game, then you may want to play the first before attempting this. The graphics are incredible. The controls are as tight as always. The game runs by story, and though there are a few plots that seem to go no where, the focus here is Nathan and Sully. Buy this game!!!!!!!!!
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Awesome game. I have not had the time to play it myself, but I have watched my wife play through most of it and it is like playing through a fun action movie. I did play the multiplayer beta, and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing this some myself when I have some time, and when I can steal it away from my wife!
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    1st Mario, then Zelda, then came GTA and Halo. All exceptional junctures in gaming. Presently there's the Uncharted series. Altogether each and every episode (1 - 3) acquire and irresistible fascination. Perfect story telling, pacing, gameplay make each of these irresistible. A true pinnacle of gaming.
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    This game was simply put, AMAZING! I am biased because I fell in love with the first Uncharted and it would have been hard to sway me on any future titles BUT there are several components to this game which have never been incorporated in any other game developed...EVER. Simply put, this was the best Uncharted of the series. The story and plot were similar to the previous titles. DrakeThis game was simply put, AMAZING! I am biased because I fell in love with the first Uncharted and it would have been hard to sway me on any future titles BUT there are several components to this game which have never been incorporated in any other game developed...EVER. Simply put, this was the best Uncharted of the series. The story and plot were similar to the previous titles. Drake is basically the unluckiest man ever created in gaming and also the luckiest all in one package. This guy goes through hell and back! Play, love it, and play it again. Expand
  30. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is in general a big step up from Uncharted 2

Naughty Dog is just simply the God of Developers in this Gen.They pushed the PS3 even harder over its limits and created the most beautiful game in this Gen only possible on the PS3.
    The Gameplay is fantastic and is fun.The Story good written and i love how they show something of the young Drake and how things went its way.
    Stunning Game
  31. Nov 12, 2011
    Ok...this is getting old, it was bad enough 12 year old CoD fanboys were rating BF3 down, now they are rating this game down, and it's not even the same game, BlackRabbits is guilty of this! Anyways, awesome game, great theatrical experience from start to finish. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to get this game.
  32. Nov 10, 2011
    Good game, uncharted 1.75, overshadowed by the masterpiece that was uncharted 2. Good - better melee system, beautiful graphics, Bad - average storyline as apposed to uc 2 which had twists and was much more humorous.
    Ugly - you have to shoot enemies many times before they are killed.
  33. ZeV
    Nov 13, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is an awesome game that every PS3 owners must have ! Graphicaly it's stunning,the storyline is brilliant and each characters are really deep ! This is the best PS3 game ever to date and at any level !
    Naughty Dog is also the best PS3 developpers !
  34. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted is known for one thing and that is for being great. I thought Uncharted 2 pushed the capabilities of the PS3 to the limit and that Naughty Dog couldn't have done any better but I was wrong. Uncharted 3 has massively improved its lighting and animations and feels as if your are playing an interactive movie instead of a game. The graphics are top notch, the gameplay is top notchUncharted is known for one thing and that is for being great. I thought Uncharted 2 pushed the capabilities of the PS3 to the limit and that Naughty Dog couldn't have done any better but I was wrong. Uncharted 3 has massively improved its lighting and animations and feels as if your are playing an interactive movie instead of a game. The graphics are top notch, the gameplay is top notch and the multiplayer is so much fun. The story mode is a blast to play and the charm of this game is the humour. This is Game of the Year in my opinion and nothing can top this game. Stop reading reviews and buy this game already!!!!! Expand
  35. Nov 10, 2011
    A beautifully crafted game with a cast of familiar characters, once again succeeds in what made Uncharted the games they are today. Its high points definitely out way its low.
  36. Nov 10, 2011
    Wow... The second greatest game I have ever played. UC2 was the best. So, only second place. Sorry!!!!!!! I love my PS3 and The greatest reason to have one is UC2 and UC3. UC1 was great as well but had a lot of screen tearing that gave me a headach.
  37. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is good. fun online but must be a fan of third person... haven't played the single player but all the people ive talked to liked it and the co-op if fun.
  38. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is probably the most perfect game this year for me.. It has everything that you need to have.. However I felt like the storyline is too simple yet Uncharted 2 has better and deeper story. The trailer for U3 ggot me excited but the game itself doesn't excite me as much as the trailer. After all this game was brilliant and it is my game of the year..
  39. Dec 10, 2011
    Before i said anything please support uncharted @ http://www.spike.com/shows/video-game-awards, this is the best game i have ever played so far. The cinematics is great the, story is great, everything i hope ,it win goty.
  40. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the charactersUncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the characters usually lacking in the wooden one dimensional people that normally populate video game land. Where 2 was a jaw dropping kick up the arschenholler for most developers, I feel that 3 does'nt quite hit the same high tide mark. I loved the steady build of London and the excellent Drake as a youth levels. Something didnt quite just click. The graphics as to be expected of Naughty Dog were exceptional, but the usually well fleshed out enemies were missing. The Helen Mirren baddie wasnt explained enough, nor her underling. Though he looked suspiciously like the English bloke from 2. For all the spectacle, and it was spectacular, I felt that some of the heart was missing. Cutter, who was great, disappeared in the second act along with Chloe. Elena barely made an entrance. It seemed that in the early part of the game, puzzles were abundant and a definate refinement over previous efforts, but beyond that they disappeared totally. Gunplay was a bit wonky with the cover mechanic being hit and miss at best. Also the fact that enemies know where you are, even if they cant have possibly seen you in cover, but pour masses of fire onto you anyway was a bit lame. It also felt like it was all over a bit to soon, and lacked a real climax ( the escape from the collapsing city was was awesome visually) it just lacked a bit of occasion as i didnt really care about the baddies or know enough about them. Overall a good entry but not what i was hoping for after the second one. Expand
  41. Nov 11, 2011
    it is cinematic, amazing, looks wonderful, has one of the best scripts of any game or movie around. as good, if not better than any of the other uncharted games.
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is totaly amazing.After the first two games;I'd been waiting for a sequel.I preordered and waited till 11.1.2011. When I started;i was disappointed a little;coz the graphics were the same with second game.But when the 2nd chapter in Cartagena started; my jaw was dropped.The lightning effects were amazing and there are lots of npcs.We only saw some in Tibet chapters in secondThis game is totaly amazing.After the first two games;I'd been waiting for a sequel.I preordered and waited till 11.1.2011. When I started;i was disappointed a little;coz the graphics were the same with second game.But when the 2nd chapter in Cartagena started; my jaw was dropped.The lightning effects were amazing and there are lots of npcs.We only saw some in Tibet chapters in second game;so I thought it will be 10x better from AT.When we go to France,i said "Oh,no!Jungle again?" But then; it wasn't like what i was thinking.Especially; the puzzle.

The Chase in Yemen,sinking cruise ship and cargo plane sections were incredible.But the best part was Desert,where we searched for Sully.Only bad thing about single player campaign is the last 30 minutes.Coz i was waiting for an epic ending.

Multiplayer is amazing in someways.Pumping taunt is a really joy.Mods are good,big content and great fun.If u want to buy 3 games this year,one must be Uncharted 3.
  43. Nov 12, 2011
    Anyone who says that this game isn't great clearly does NOT know the meaning of great. Uncharted 3 has got to be one of the best games out there this year, it boats in a extremely good graphics engine, fun online play a good storyline and a fair amount of challenging puzzles, furthermore it's one of the only games I've played that lest you save and upload videos from a chosen online match.Anyone who says that this game isn't great clearly does NOT know the meaning of great. Uncharted 3 has got to be one of the best games out there this year, it boats in a extremely good graphics engine, fun online play a good storyline and a fair amount of challenging puzzles, furthermore it's one of the only games I've played that lest you save and upload videos from a chosen online match. Maybe i am exaggerating it just a bit, but with a game that i enjoyed and loved as much as this i have every right to, if your an uncharted fan and have yet to play this let me spell it out for you, you will love Drakes Deception - plain and simple. Expand
  44. Nov 12, 2011
    It's a very good game, recommendable, the only problem is the lag of the sight when aiming but does not affect many amenities that you play on hard.
    The graphics left me shocked and over the sands, when you walk as you can see the textures, and when they fall.
    Naughty Dog is definitely a very good title sac that exceeds the previous one in many respects.
  45. Nov 13, 2011
    El mejor juego que he jugado del año!! impresionante!! Naughty Dog se supera cada dia... opino que no hay juego en la actualidad que se compare con Uncharted 3 me refiero a nivel grafico, tecnico y por sobre todas las cosas: divertido si tenes una PS3 o quieres comprarte una no lo dudes y juega a los tres Uncharted!!
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    I really love you ND! U3 actually is the best game i ever played. Amazing story, gameplay, graphics, music, voice acting and great multiplayer. Really great job guys. All hail to Naughty Dog, the BEST developer in the world!.
  47. Nov 14, 2011
    Uncharted 3, probably one of the best games I've ever played in my whole life! Tensive from the minute you press "New Game", and a lot of big climaxes that makes you feel like you're just watching an awesome action movie that you want to see over, and over again! It also has a lot of replay-ability because of the insane chapters you want to replay for like a million times, for exampleUncharted 3, probably one of the best games I've ever played in my whole life! Tensive from the minute you press "New Game", and a lot of big climaxes that makes you feel like you're just watching an awesome action movie that you want to see over, and over again! It also has a lot of replay-ability because of the insane chapters you want to replay for like a million times, for example Plane and the Chateau chapter. The online and (split-screen) coop multiplayer are both fun and makes you come back for more. With one of the best singleplayer campaigns of all time and a very amusing multiplayer, Uncharted 3 is probably one of the best games you will ever buy in your whole life! Expand
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    Visually Uncharted 3 is absolutely stunning. I've grown to expect nothing less from Naughty Dog with in all 3 of the Uncharted Series. The control style of Drake changed slightly this time around, with some 3rd person type chase scenes that were every bit as dramatic as one would expect in an Uncharted game. Enemies are "smarter" and it seems the average difficulty is higher than itsVisually Uncharted 3 is absolutely stunning. I've grown to expect nothing less from Naughty Dog with in all 3 of the Uncharted Series. The control style of Drake changed slightly this time around, with some 3rd person type chase scenes that were every bit as dramatic as one would expect in an Uncharted game. Enemies are "smarter" and it seems the average difficulty is higher than its predecessors. This game deserves to be a contender in the game of the year category. You truly felt like you were Nathan Drake during cut scenes. Expand
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its one of the best game that I have ever see. It looks like 2 part but it is better and detailed. game have more interesting and funny levels. Co-op not so good like single player, but this game not about that. And multiplayer is one of the best multiplayer that I have ever saw in action games. I recommend that game for everyone. Expand
  50. Nov 14, 2011
    Uncharted 3 doesn't disappoint, with a exciting story, an enjoyable multiplayer and arguably the best graphics out of any game. However, after a while you run out of things to do, especially in Single-Player, but nonetheless, a must-buy for any PS3 owner.
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    Incredible game. Great visuals. Excellent gameplay. Perfect History. I didn't know if this game could beat the second part, but it could do it. Just Amazing.
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    Have to say I don't really get the "I loved Uncharted 1/2 but this one sucks" reviews on here, talking about not enough of this too much of that bad controls n all the rest of it, the jumping controls/shooting seem exactly the same as the previous titles melee is an improvement IMO, story-wise its no better or worse than 1 or 2 just different, linear and fairly short but no one is claimingHave to say I don't really get the "I loved Uncharted 1/2 but this one sucks" reviews on here, talking about not enough of this too much of that bad controls n all the rest of it, the jumping controls/shooting seem exactly the same as the previous titles melee is an improvement IMO, story-wise its no better or worse than 1 or 2 just different, linear and fairly short but no one is claiming it as a 50+ hr RPG, an improvement on U2? I think so if only for not having ridiculous enemies, well mostly. Expand
  53. Dec 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 does pretty much everything right, and is my game of the year. The game looks great, is very immersive due to great storytelling, voice acting and motion capture, has a great story, fun campaign, excellent score, and most importantly, it's fun to play. The shooting and cover system work perfectly, and there have been some additions to melee fighting, but surprisingly (not soUncharted 3 does pretty much everything right, and is my game of the year. The game looks great, is very immersive due to great storytelling, voice acting and motion capture, has a great story, fun campaign, excellent score, and most importantly, it's fun to play. The shooting and cover system work perfectly, and there have been some additions to melee fighting, but surprisingly (not so surprising if you've played Uncharted before) where the game really shines is during cutscenes. What's even more surprising is that this doesn't feel wrong. It doesn't feel wrong that a game's cutscenes are better than it's gameplay yet it's still critically universally acclaimed. Few games can immerse you in the way Uncharted does. It's quite simple, playing the campaign will be some of the most enjoyable nine hours you've spent with video games. The multiplayer isn't as good as the campaign but still very enjoyable. It's functional, very competitive and can be addictive. It's much more rewarding than Uncharted 3's multiplayer, with the new levelling system, loadouts, boosters and kickbacks. While the campaign is quite short at 9 hours, you should play through it more than once to find all the treasures, complete it on crushing, or just to experience it again, and the multiplayer should keep you playing for tens of hours longer. If you have a PS3, not having this game is out of the question, because this is as good as video games get. Expand
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    This game has satisfying gun fights with good level of difficulty with bigger set pieces, but i am missing the tweaks which was present in uncharted 2.
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    A friend of mine turned me onto this series when I first picked up my playstation about a year ago. I've been In love ever since! This game is all about story progression & character development. A lot of time has been spent ensuring the consumer gets wrapped up in "what happens next". Yet, the developer didn't alienate those who enjoy collecting, puzzle solving, or shooting.

The story,

The story, character development & voice acting are all top-notch & really make the game what it is, an experience. It seems that all of the members of the original cast made the effort to return for this sequel which really speaks to the regard for which the actors & the developer hold for the franchise & really helps to provide a sense of continuity. I found the shooting as frustrating as the past two iterations, assigning the same button for dodging/rolling as grabbing/throwing an assailant was a poor choice of control scheme & sometimes the camera would move @ the wrong time which in turn would cause Drake to move in the wrong direction or "miss the mark" which prove frustrating from time to time, but this was not a common occurance.

The puzzles were moderately challenging & provided the needed breaks from the action/shooting sequences.

Multiplayer is fun & the leveling progression a la modern warfare gives the player something to shoot for & provides a lot of replay value.

I loved the game, I thought it looked as good or better than most top-tier games for the playstation & the score, beautifully mastered & orchestrated.

A must have, as well as the first two iterations!
  56. Nov 20, 2011
    I despise the U3 multiplayer, so I rented the game for the fantastic single player and it didn't disapoint. I finished it in two days, it's a blast game once again. I really enjoyed Chloe as a character in U2, but she was barely in U3. It was more about Sully, Drake, Elena. U1 is still my favorite, but that because it was the first one and it was so shockingly good. U2 & U3, tough toI despise the U3 multiplayer, so I rented the game for the fantastic single player and it didn't disapoint. I finished it in two days, it's a blast game once again. I really enjoyed Chloe as a character in U2, but she was barely in U3. It was more about Sully, Drake, Elena. U1 is still my favorite, but that because it was the first one and it was so shockingly good. U2 & U3, tough to say which is better between those two for second place. Honestly I loved Crysis 2 & Rage more this year than U3, but they were so fresh and new. I really think they should scrap the multiplayer and make the single player campaign longer. In the end I was really hoping what's his name died so they could move on. That's the danger of this series it's so popular and beloved they are afraid to do anything big with the story or the characters; 9/10. Expand
  57. Nov 21, 2011
    Finished this game with a huge **** eating grin on my face sure there's some gameplay issues(like not being able to pick up a wepon while carrying a silenced one) but the experience it gives me gives it a 10
  58. Nov 21, 2011
    Absolutely stunning game, with the best console graphics to date and a gripping singleplayer experience. Although it isn't the incredible jump in quality that we saw with Uncharted 2, Drakes Deception is a near-perfect game that should live up to player's expectations. Naughty Dog improves on the multiplayer, offering incredible competitive and cooperative action across spectacularlyAbsolutely stunning game, with the best console graphics to date and a gripping singleplayer experience. Although it isn't the incredible jump in quality that we saw with Uncharted 2, Drakes Deception is a near-perfect game that should live up to player's expectations. Naughty Dog improves on the multiplayer, offering incredible competitive and cooperative action across spectacularly designed maps. Expand
  59. Nov 26, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is pure brilliance and a true landmark in the action adventure genre. Its already been said enough that the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster but in my opinion it exceeds that. From escaping a burning mansion to dangling out of a plane, the amount of excitement will have you dripping sweat. The game-play is the same as Uncharted 2 with some tweaks, the main one being theUncharted 3 is pure brilliance and a true landmark in the action adventure genre. Its already been said enough that the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster but in my opinion it exceeds that. From escaping a burning mansion to dangling out of a plane, the amount of excitement will have you dripping sweat. The game-play is the same as Uncharted 2 with some tweaks, the main one being the difficulty. The enemy's are more ruthless and some trial and error in certain set pieces which will test your skill and your patience. The graphics are slightly better now with some very beautiful areas. Now that all the characters are established from the last 2 games there's a bit more focus on the villains, who are more complex then the cliché Russian war-criminal from the last game. Overall this game is pure brilliance in the single-player department combining fast paced action and plat-forming with confusing puzzles. The multi-player will suit most people but it gave me frustration, so if Modern Warfare multi-player makes you tear your hair out most of the same is here. Co-op however is a blast, with its own storyline its good fun with friends. All around its a very good game with some minor flaws with repetition, if you liked the first two you'll love this and its a nice surprise for new people who haven't played the others Expand
  60. Nov 26, 2011
    The game is a masterpiece easily one of, if not the best game of the year. The graphics, voice acting, twisting and compelling story give a package to the player I was expecting but not in the form of delivery. I cannot praise this game enough, without going to the extent of being a fanboy. If you have a ps3 join the party, if not buy a ps3 and get this game its that good. Besides theThe game is a masterpiece easily one of, if not the best game of the year. The graphics, voice acting, twisting and compelling story give a package to the player I was expecting but not in the form of delivery. I cannot praise this game enough, without going to the extent of being a fanboy. If you have a ps3 join the party, if not buy a ps3 and get this game its that good. Besides the previous installment uncharted 3 has the best campaign I have ever experienced. Characters you actually cared about return and new ones are brought about, this not pushing the game to feel like you meet people you do not want to. A new melee system and improved multiplayer system make the game even better. Staring down an enemy below, jumping on to him for a take down, rolling over and ripping the ping of a grenade off another enemy, running away tossing your gun at a different enemy and sneaking in a quick knock-out super punch as you hear the final scream of a man as he explodes, and finishing it all off with a nut shot to a brute pirate while yelling "oh kitty got wet" was a thing of pure beauty. If you're the kind of person that does not crap your pants when just reading that, well then you're the kind of person i do not want to know. Just get the game. Expand
  61. Nov 27, 2011
    GREATEST GAME EVER MADE !! Amazing Graphic & Music But it is much BETTER if there's more feature in Campaign mode :(
    And the story itself isnt very good enough through.
  62. Nov 29, 2011
    Campaign: The campaign itself is every entertaining at it will keep on the edge of your seat. It feels like you are watching a movie when the cutscenes come in. The game play itself can be challenging at times. Especially when you have 20+ guys attacking and all you have at your disposal is a pistol. However overall the campaign is not too hard, the story is amazing, the graphics are topCampaign: The campaign itself is every entertaining at it will keep on the edge of your seat. It feels like you are watching a movie when the cutscenes come in. The game play itself can be challenging at times. Especially when you have 20+ guys attacking and all you have at your disposal is a pistol. However overall the campaign is not too hard, the story is amazing, the graphics are top notch that set the bar for all games across all platforms.

Multiplayer: The multiplayer is okay, id give it a 7/10. They have made a lot of improvements and added new things, but uncharted truly excells in its campaign, The multiplayer is fun for awhile, but you wont be playing the multiplayer consistently like you would with other games.
  63. Nov 27, 2011
    hello sir , its was amazing game ever made i woud say wow wow wow wow wow it was great experience but pls dont stop working on this game pls make 4 part 5,6,7,8,9,10 go on sir
  64. Nov 28, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is an amazing game that improves on the sequel in almost every way, the acting is sublime, the set pieces are breathtaking and the game play mechanics have been refined to near perfection. On top of all that there is an amazing multiplayer that has improved on it's predecessor in every way, as well as the brilliant and fun co op that is a blast to play provided you have friendsUncharted 3 is an amazing game that improves on the sequel in almost every way, the acting is sublime, the set pieces are breathtaking and the game play mechanics have been refined to near perfection. On top of all that there is an amazing multiplayer that has improved on it's predecessor in every way, as well as the brilliant and fun co op that is a blast to play provided you have friends to join you. The only complaint i can make is that it didn't quite have the impact and drastic improvements that uncharted 2 had, however those are incredibly large shoes to fill Expand
  65. Nov 28, 2011
    No doubt Uncharted 3 deserves a Game of the Year Award,its a perfect game from a great developer.
    multiplayer is fun, better than a lot First personal Shooters out there.
  66. Nov 28, 2011
    I GAVE THIS GAME A PERFECT 10 10 10 10 BUT FOR SOME REASON IT SAYS 8 SO DONT GO BY THAT GO BY WHAT I SAID!!!!!
    beautiful graphics perfected in everyway and when in 3D its mind blowing. the game play was great difficult level was right on. they exceled on making the puzzles and also improoved controls and the ability to climb, tey also added alot more action shooting crashing banging stuff. with all of uncharteds trophies tat involve secret treasures and also getting kills in diffrent ways leaving you with much more to do than just beat the story. uncharted also will keep you hooked with there awesome incredible online features. the sound blow my mind also the sound was not making the guns seam way to strong like in mw3 it just matched the guns perfectly.
  67. Nov 29, 2011
    Jogo video-game há 20 anos, mas poucos games me fizeram sentir a emoção que eu senti jogando UC3.Os gráficos, o som, a história, tudo esta melhor que o já excelente UC2.Se você tem que escolher apenas um título para comprar esse ano, na minha opinião, escolha UC3 sem medo!
    Abraço pessoal e fiquem com Deus!
  68. Nov 29, 2011
    A complete masterpiece, a must-have in your collection Uncharted 3 is just a new way to demonstrate that graphics, sound, multiplayer, action, story and even more things could be in a single blu-ray disc.

Single Player mode leaves a great story from start to end, also you need to repeat it to find all 101 treasures and beat the game on crushing, so there is a great replay value here.

Multiplayer disappoints a little with players that uses blindfiring with KAL-7, but if you are experienced you can evade this things that affect your gaming experience. Locations are incredible and don't forget the retro maps (apparently more are coming soon), the maps that i like so much were Airport, Yemen, Facility. New modes like Hardcore, deathmach with 3 teams (2 players each team) are a new way to enjoy this game. Ah but Old modes are coming back and Coop too. You will have a lot of entertainment so you will not leave this game for hours, even weeks or months is up to you.

About the Gameplay aiming and shooting a weapon is a little different to Uncharted 2, because it looks more realistic (so for people that said aim sucks are completely noobs that includes the 146 guy reviewing the game negatively, also i respect the beginners so they need to learn to get used to it, its not difficult to dominate it), the weapon will not be like Unhcarted 2 so we need to accept those changes to have a more realistic game. (all indicates that update 1.02 modifies a little the precision of the weapon, i'm not sure it looks the same). Also grenade system is a little slow compared to U2, but it does not mean that you can not do the same as its predecessor and could be modified with an update.

And what about DLC, maybe at the beginning you will find no content, but as time passes you will find new content and retro maps pack, so the game will not be useless for a long time. Oh i almost forgot the updates that will make the experience even better.

Uncharted is a great experience that everyone needs to try, those cons are not taken into account for me and you will find that special editions are totally worth it to have.

So is up to you if you liked the game or not this is a point of view that i don't care negative rates (that's for guys that still think aiming sucks and maybe are ones that uses blindfire a lot too bad :( ) , good rates are welcome (No comments over here lol you liked the game and also you know how to play) :)

Enjoy your game (if you already have it, if not what are you waiting buy it!)

See you on multiplayer
    PSN ID: SpartanChief25
  69. Nov 30, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is the best game of the trilogy and one of the best games launched in the current console generation. It's epic, amazing, cinematic, fun and breathtaking! The graphics will let you looking at each corner. The only problem is when the game finish. You want more!
  70. Dec 3, 2011
    this is the BEST game i have ever played. to all those who say its too much of a movie, you need to realize that its SUPPOSED to be like that. if you don't like it, don't play it. The emotions between characters are AMAZING and the level layout is fantastic. GOTY for sure. i honestly don't understand how people can not like this game. YES it didn't do much different from the 2nd game, butthis is the BEST game i have ever played. to all those who say its too much of a movie, you need to realize that its SUPPOSED to be like that. if you don't like it, don't play it. The emotions between characters are AMAZING and the level layout is fantastic. GOTY for sure. i honestly don't understand how people can not like this game. YES it didn't do much different from the 2nd game, but if it a'int broke don't fix it. Its a DIFFERENT plot with DIFFERENT situations and DIFFERENT twists. also they patched the poor aiming by adding more options. so if you want to make your aiming better than go into the options and play with it a little bit. The cut-scenes are FLAWLESS, and voice acting is top notch. I love how you never really know much about the enemy until the end. you don't realize what your up against until it smacks you across the face and the end result is fantastic. some say the ending was rushed, but i disagree, the ending was very good, and the game was SHORT it was just FAST PACED, making it seem shorter. if a fast paced game goes over 12 hours (like U2) it just gets boring after a while (Which was the ONLY problem with U2) the melee system is great and every enemy encounter feels natural. Expand
  71. Jan 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Amazing Cinematic game. Although the camera was confusing at times, and there were moments were it was not obvious whether the ledge or wall you were taking cover near was climbable. Its frustrating to get into a firefight online or off, you notice a wall and try to jump over it or grab a ledge, only to realize that particular area of the game is not interactive, the jumping animation, and your character is show down. Otherwise amazing game. I'm all for adventure, history and travel in real life. The concept and story of this game is right up my alley. Although I like my protagonists to struggle. It seems Drake is somewhat of a superman, able to survive several nights without water and to get into more firefights. It also seams everwhere he ends up, the floor he's jumping on, or standing upon tends to give way. Great game regardless. If there was a movie based on Drake, I'd watch it. Expand
  72. Dec 6, 2011
    awesome game is awesome as simply as that :)

Everything is phenomenal.. the pacing the characters the story the set pieces...

Its just one hell of a ride and you shoundt miss it! :)
  73. Dec 6, 2011
    Game is simply amazing, manages to top itself and its predecessor in ways I never imagined. Definitely Game of the Year. Everyone who has a PS3 must try this game.
  74. Doz
    Dec 6, 2011
    The first Uncharted left me with a giddy feeling after completion, the third instalment gives me just the same feeling 6 years later. When you want to be part of a grand, globe-trotting experience this is the game to buy, switch off the outside world and play like your there. Oh and its still visually amazing.
  75. Dec 8, 2011
    This along with uncharted 2 are the best examples of games of this gen! Story, characters are sublimely told! Cinematics, set pieces and graphics are quite simply stunning and the best in any video game, combat is superbly ramped up! MP is really engaging and enlarged over U2! Another great reason to own a ps3, thankyou Naughty Dog!!
  76. Dec 14, 2011
    I'll start by saying i am a big fan of U1 n U2, and i was really looking forward for this game. The game, graphically, is a masterpiece, but other than that, i was disappointed. This game is certainly not a 10, The game is too short, I, personally think is a great game to rent for a weekend. The story is not that good, to be honest with you i'm not sure what drake is after or why is heI'll start by saying i am a big fan of U1 n U2, and i was really looking forward for this game. The game, graphically, is a masterpiece, but other than that, i was disappointed. This game is certainly not a 10, The game is too short, I, personally think is a great game to rent for a weekend. The story is not that good, to be honest with you i'm not sure what drake is after or why is he trying to stop the bad guys. The final boss is a joke when i was done with the game, i was like really, is that it. The shooting like everyone here already said is not perfect, i had trouble to aim properly, most of the time i would shoot numerous bullets that wouldn't hit my enemies, it can get annoying especially when there's a bunch enemies running at u, while there's sniper n one guy shooting grenade at u.

Nonetheless, the game is still fun, and graphically is stunning but i cant give it a ten because the story is awful, the shooting , i felt, got worse. but everything else is pretty good so i think 8 is fair enough. I would also said i think U2 was better. This game is not U3 it was more like U2.5
  77. Jan 8, 2012
    Uncharted 3 was a great game, but i didn't like it nearly as much as Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 3 I felt that the developers wanted it to be like a movie, which would be fine if it wasn't EXACTLY LIKE ONE. The entire game felt out of my control and the throughout the story i asked questions that weren't even answered. Such as How did they meet Cutter? What makes Nathan and Elaina getUncharted 3 was a great game, but i didn't like it nearly as much as Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 3 I felt that the developers wanted it to be like a movie, which would be fine if it wasn't EXACTLY LIKE ONE. The entire game felt out of my control and the throughout the story i asked questions that weren't even answered. Such as How did they meet Cutter? What makes Nathan and Elaina get divorced? The ending seemed to rushed as well, with a lousy final boss battle that wasn't even the least bit difficult and everything happening so fast I was stunned. Although i don't like this game as much as its prequel i still enjoy its core gameplay and multiplayer. Expand
  78. Jan 12, 2012
    Good - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much moreGood - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much more depth to the gameplay. The co-op story is great addition too, this time receiving a loose story to connect each level. Bad - Apart from the graphics, this is a step back from Uncharted 2. The gunplay, however fun, is now quite inaccurate and irritatingly slow in comparison to Uncharted 2. This makes the game feel extremely clunky at times. The story is really quite weak with little character development (apart from Nate and Sully, I was quite impressed by their backstory). The result of this is a very anticlimactic ending, where it's difficult to care about antagonists that you know nothing about. The game is also really quite short and the linearity of the series is getting to be absurd. For example, without adding too much of a spoiler, there is a whole chapter of the game where you simply have to hold forward to progress as the rest of the game plays itself for you. I found this chapter torturous and it actually added nothing to the story. This perfectly highlighted the pacing issues this game has. You might spend a whole 3 chapters doing nothing but shooting with the occasional set piece, and then have a chapter where you simply walk around aimlessly. It make for some seriously disjointed gameplay. Uncharted 2 had much better pacing, never making anything feel like a slog. The main issue with this game is removal of the player from the gaming experience. I am aware that Uncharted games are supposed to be deeply cinematic but Uncharted 3 has taken it too far and often crosses the line between movie and video game. Uncharted 2 got this just right, but Uncharted 3 has no happy balance, which makes for some deeply unsatisfying gameplay. Also, because the game has so much cinematics injected into it, there is actually very little to do at times, which makes the game quite boring at times and also very easy (even on crushing difficulty). Overall - I feel bad that I have focused much of my attention on what Uncharted 3 is doing wrong. But I only do so because with all the 10/10 reviews it is receiving I am worried that this series is going to become progressively more and more 'cinematic' and the gameplay less and less interesting. At first I was bedazzled by the beautiful graphics of Uncharted 3, but after that had worn off I was left with realisation that this is quite a hollow game. I did enjoy Uncharted 3, but it feels like such a step back from the brilliance that is Uncharted 2. Expand
  79. Jan 23, 2012
    This was a great game-as expected and it was not a disappointment at all. The multiplayer is flawed-in that its very easy to cheat on it (something ND may need to consider fixing), but otherwise still quite good. Though I admit there was something missing from this game. A certain charm that was present in the second game; it could be the setting of the second game was better or even thatThis was a great game-as expected and it was not a disappointment at all. The multiplayer is flawed-in that its very easy to cheat on it (something ND may need to consider fixing), but otherwise still quite good. Though I admit there was something missing from this game. A certain charm that was present in the second game; it could be the setting of the second game was better or even that the characters and story where better in Uncharted 2, not sure. Great visuals and its enjoyed its good humour, but I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever made. Far from it. It does not deserve the 10/10 score I've seen it getting, but it does step it up quite a bit. Expand
  80. Mar 13, 2012
    As a Christian, I did not care at all for the profuse use of God's name in vain in this game. My score would have reflected closer to the Critics' scores than those of the users if not for the excessive bad language, which I personally felt should have earned the game an "M" rating instead of "T". But you are welcome to check out my video review of the game here:As a Christian, I did not care at all for the profuse use of God's name in vain in this game. My score would have reflected closer to the Critics' scores than those of the users if not for the excessive bad language, which I personally felt should have earned the game an "M" rating instead of "T". But you are welcome to check out my video review of the game here: http://youtu.be/-EXd9WBq1kU

Please enjoy! And have a blessed day! :D
  81. Mar 16, 2012
    What a game. I loved the first two Uncharteds, Drakes Fortune was great fun and had some brilliant moments, Among Thieves was absolutely fantastic and Drakes Deception is a masterpiece. Everything feels so elegantly put together, the cut scenes are brilliantly written and acted and everything just feels alive thanks to some of the best graphics and animation of this generation. Sure it hasWhat a game. I loved the first two Uncharteds, Drakes Fortune was great fun and had some brilliant moments, Among Thieves was absolutely fantastic and Drakes Deception is a masterpiece. Everything feels so elegantly put together, the cut scenes are brilliantly written and acted and everything just feels alive thanks to some of the best graphics and animation of this generation. Sure it has those big epic moments like the cargo plane set piece or the boat level but Naughty Dog has also given just as much attention to the more subtle moments such as following enemies without being seen or wondering through the desert (which is probably the most stunning part of the game). The game isn't perfect, it doesnt look stunning 100% of the time and I do feel that the ending sequence could have been a bit longer but I still rate this game a 10 because of how brilliantly executed it is. It tries so many different things and pulls them off either perfectly or near perfectly, whether its the incredible single player or its well improved multiplayer. If you are even remotely interested in this series then don't think twice about getting into it :) Expand
  82. May 16, 2012
    single player: nowhere near as good as the second installment,the pacing is slow.the level design is also bad and frustrating,i mean you shoot a number of enemies and move on and do the same thing again.friendly and enemy AI is stupid,and the shooting mechanics are crappy.the singleplayer isn't completely bad and is fun at certain points.
    multiplayer is fun but still has many faults.in my
    multiplayer is fun but still has many faults.in my opinion you should rent this game, not by it.
  83. Apr 5, 2012
    The truth that surprised me, much improved from the previous version.
    The graphics is excellent, sound great and tremendous light effects.
    The story keeps you engaged, unable to stop playing for a minute.
    Excellent game and series.
    Highly recommended for you love the genre.
  84. Jun 11, 2012
    perhaps the best game this generation
    although witcher 2 would contest that prize
    animation work in this game rivals pixar and is a generational gap ahead of anything else.made naughyy dog have always done insane animation work- going back to crash 3 that was full of character uncharted's story is also tpp notch it ticks the cliches but its good.cliche SPECIAL. MENTION has
    perhaps the best game this generation
    although witcher 2 would contest that prize

uncharted's story is also tpp notch

it ticks the cliches but its good.cliche

SPECIAL. MENTION has to go to the detail- for.example the ring in yhe golden device- majestic work that no other dev company would even come close to doing

the graphics are perhaps the best on the system
    i would say best on any sysyem but agaib witcher 2 took xbox graphics to amother level and mass effect 3 is no slouch

overall though this game is amongst the greatest ever made and naughty dog amongst the bedt devs around
  85. May 12, 2012
    holy s*** this is the best GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it`s epic good multiplayer and coop but the campaign is amazing... buy this game now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  86. Jul 27, 2014
    This is a nice game but definitely not "the greatest game ever made". Too much lengthy and quite repetitive - all the time again and again similar shooting scenes, so similar that becoming boring after about 60% of progress. It even seems they didn't have that long story for a that long game and put some of the location just to make shooting scenes longer. Blah.
  87. Aug 19, 2013
    Best Uncharted game to date. They fixed everything from Uncharted 2 and this game have almost nothing boring or annoying. There is only few unnecessary parts. Like there was super-boring part in U2 on the train they have convoy here (but shorter which is good).

This could be easy score 10 without few minor story and gameplay problems.
  88. Sep 7, 2012
    I can say that naughty dog tried to go all out on action but I was not really happy with it like the last one. Because the games campaign was so story rich they tried to make it really deep with twists and c**p like that but it just reminded me of a confusing episode of Dr Who and I lost the feel for the action buzz I got from the first game.
    Also, the multiplayer sucked so badly with bad
    Also, the multiplayer sucked so badly with bad teamplay and just idiots that massacred everyone with stupidly powerful weapons. The loading times made me want to kill mysef!!!
  89. Aug 15, 2012
    After Uncharted 2 there was a huge standard that this game had to live up to. Well, while it isn't quite as good as Among Thieves, it still lives up to it. Some of the things that this game does well is continue on with the control system that they seemed to almost perfect with UC2. At the same time this is a whole new story, this time it's a story that goes much deeper than previousAfter Uncharted 2 there was a huge standard that this game had to live up to. Well, while it isn't quite as good as Among Thieves, it still lives up to it. Some of the things that this game does well is continue on with the control system that they seemed to almost perfect with UC2. At the same time this is a whole new story, this time it's a story that goes much deeper than previous stories, focusing a large part on Nate's relationship with Sully, who it's already known is pretty much a father to Nate. You go further into the relationship, seeing where it started and so on (not trying to spoil anything).

Another thing I liked was the diversity of places you wind up. It's right up there with the second installment of the game, if not even better.

This is another excellent installment in the series. While it's not going to be some all time great like the second one was, it will clearly be considered to be one of the best games of this generation.
  90. Aug 22, 2012
    First I just have to say that the Uncharted series is the best game series known to man. Naughty Dog is basically the king of games. The story (although not as good as the second game's, but close) is 100% amazing. For those who haven't played Uncharted before: you play as fortune hunter Nathan Drake and you go on crazy adventures while being chased by crazy bad guys. Don't worry, thisFirst I just have to say that the Uncharted series is the best game series known to man. Naughty Dog is basically the king of games. The story (although not as good as the second game's, but close) is 100% amazing. For those who haven't played Uncharted before: you play as fortune hunter Nathan Drake and you go on crazy adventures while being chased by crazy bad guys. Don't worry, this game has plenty of humor to tickle your funny bone, while having very memorable characters. While the story mode is great, it doesn't stop there! There is also a multiplayer that is probably some of the best I've seen. 5 vs 5 competitive modes and 2 to 3 player co-op. I have played this game almost every day since the day of its release. If you don't check this out then you have something majorly wrong with you. I'm serious. Expand
  91. Oct 29, 2012
    The Uncharted series is the reason you should get a PS3. Amazing characters, impressive graphics, state-of-the-art gameplay... Everything works beautifully.
  92. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear Naughty Dog,

Can you please answer me these questions?
    1. Is Nate actually Jesus? The man has to be touched by divine power to survive as he does if he is not the messiah returned.
    2. Is he emotionally detached? Rambo killed less men and suffered worse as a result and he's a known badass! I read that all the time on the net! He was in competition with Schwarzenegger.
    3. Can Nate dress in a unitard and perform tricks for us? He'd be better if he was sparkly and juggling.
    4. Can Sully actually die? Or is he impervious to bullets and Nate hasn't noticed yet?

Thanks.
  93. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is **** horrible the worst game of the uncharted series. The story is paper thin and becomes rubbish at the end. The characters I got to say **** Charlie Cutter he is a whiney pathetic oaf throughout this horrendous garbage also it is worse than Indiana Jones Temple of doom.
  94. Mar 17, 2014
    To start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it'sTo start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it's cover but still) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception and as the title suggests (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets infact, indeed, indubitably, deceived. But in all the other Uncharted games (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets deceived then shouldn't it be more like: Uncharted Drake's Deception, Uncharted 2 Drake's Deception again, Uncharted 3 Drake you F*@#$^% idiot. But unfortunately this is the least of the game's problems because to be completely honest the best part about this game is the title screen infact I would rather just stare at the title screen for 6 1/2 hours then play this game for about just as long. But next I'll get the few good things about this thing out, the main theme is good all of the other music I can't remember but the main theme is good, the characters are generic but there not annoying or stupid... so better that then Last of Us, and also the graphics in the actual cutscenes are okey. But anything else ranges from bad to just plain garbage. I'll start with the story and... it's basically the same as the other Uncharted games, I'ld go more in depth but I don't want to have to click that contains spoilers box and I already have done quite a lot but what ever there's plenty more garbage that Naughty Dog dished out so don't worry about it. The control is just plain bad, it's infact so bad that I didn't even want to think that this game was a first party. What do I mean by this well firstly Nathan Drake who (SPOILERS!!!) is the main character of the game only jumps when he fricken feels like it, and you can't even imagine how annoying this is in a game like this when you are trying your best just to get Nathan to do a little kindergardener jump but instead he just head bangs like he's at a Nirvana concert. He also runs into invisible walls half the time when there's a cliff and the other half he just slips off like an idiot and goes plummeting to his death. Also for the fact that when your not aiming a gun the camera moves around like it's on speed, but once you aim a gun the camera then moves around like it's... well off of speed. And since the control is goins so much into the gameplay I might as well just go full in. So in terms of gameplay there are actually a lot of different kinds... of course they can't get any of them right though. First the swimming I hope you thought that Ocarina of Time was the best swimming was ever going to get because in Uncharted 3 it's worse. By this I mean that basically when you first start out in Ocarina of Time and when you first try to swim well imagine that except more stiff and a million people shooting instakill grenades at you. Then there is the climbing which just like the jumping only works when it feels like it. Some times the segments are as easy as spamming X while holding up and sometimes they just don't work and force you to exhaust every possible option until finally you get it right. But you know what the best part is? it's when you try to jump to something that seems obvious to get on but when you jump to them you go falling to your death again. Then there is of course the walk around like an idiot for 10 minutes to elongate gameplay while searching for something or just walking in a straight line. Oh but before I get to the actual combat I have to get to one of the best parts of the game... in game cutscenes. Oh my god are they hilarious because not only does the game begin to look worse while in these cutscenes but they also decide to give Nathan and (SPOILERS) Sully the ability to teleport into a completely different position durning one of these and then teleport back like nothing ever happened. Then the big one the fighting mechanics. First of all the melee combat, I will say it's not completely a cutscene but it's a button masher and a bad one at that. You can also apparently kill enemies by landing on them but it never worked for me except for the first level. The shooting as I mentioned before is very stiff and there have been times where I had to follow an enemy across the screen because the cursor moved like a slug. But of course with all of that obviously you should be assaulted by ten thousand responding enemies who can take sniper bullets to the head right. Well no but it's in the game anyway. But by far the worst part of the game is the fricken RPG's, because not only are they an instakill but they also will send Nathan into an omg something exploded remotely close to me animation if it explodes anywhere near you. And of course there are armored guys that take 200 hits to kill and can't be meleed. So in the end this game isn't worth a 10/10. Expand
  95. Mar 21, 2014
    I was a huge fan of the first game in the series but I just thought that this one didn't quite take the same jump in quality than I would've expected in this franchise and from this particular developer.
  96. Nov 20, 2011
    Upon playing the Dessert level I was reminiscent of being a kid and watching Benchmark demos back in the day, getting a glimpse of the future of gaming, and being in awe of the footage I was watching. This game surpassed some of those demos for me, and at certain points it was unreal to me that I was actually playing a video game.

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and the water floating back and forth on the surface as the rain poured down, took my breath away. Climbing on the walls of a ship, not knowing which way is up was disorienting and intriguing. Chasing someone through the corridors of an old town and seeing the care that has gone into the polygons in the background is one of the things that truly separates Uncharted 3 from the competition. The game as a whole consists of so many beautiful moments, both in regards to the the story and the presentation.

Combining elements of regret, loyalty, and adventure. The story is about a man with an unclear motivation, on a pursuit of buried secrets of the past, and the narrative builds around how his ambitions affect the people around him, allowing the player to get involved in the characters, and relate to them, which is unusually deep for a video game.

Naughty Dog as a studio has grown so much in the last years, and they have accomplished most of the challenges they have bestowed upon themselves for this game. Some have claimed the game is too cinematic and linear, but considering that it's what the Adventure genre has always been about, it's kind of like saying a comedy film made you laugh too much. In truth, the Uncharted series doesn't really do much that hasn't been done before, but rather builds upon the best elements of gaming and perfects it - taking it to a whole other level. Although not the same leap forward as Uncharted 2, the game is certainly not any less ambitious. And to say that this game has succeeded my expectations would be an understatement.
  97. Oct 3, 2012
    I gave Uncharted 2 a top ten. This sequel though had the worst story. They dropped the ball way to many times during gameplay. You couldn't feel anything for the characters, non of the new characters got properly introduced. The game ended like **** everything was just ****
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Uncharted 3 is a great and beautiful game with a lot of action and stunning visuals. The multiplayer is really fun and addicting. The game is great for fans and newcomers to the series. I haven't own my own copy of uncharted 3 or any of the games, but the game and its story is not a disappointment. . Collapse

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]