8.3

1. Nov 2, 2011
    Good graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies inGood graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies in order for Naughty Dog to pad out the levels and make it seem like you're getting more gameplay than you really are.

The weapons and combat system have been altered in a way that I think is detrimental to the enjoyment of the fights and it really just irks me that there's still lots of unfixed problems with combat, such as finicky grenades landing in unreachable places, or enemies being able to hit you through walls despite the fact you are concealed in cover.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, but it definitely has a lot of aesthetic polish. But then again, so does a brass toilet.
  2. Jan 31, 2013
    The worst of the series. Beautiful visuals aren't much good when the story is so painfully stupid you can't wait for it to be over. The game obviously wants to resemble a movie. Well, it does. Unfortunately it's a really crappy movie with a weak plot, awful dialog and lackluster acting. They should have made a game instead.
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    An interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the UnchartedAn interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the Uncharted Dual Pack provides greater value than Drake's Deception. Expand
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    Unchart 2 was the best but this game feels more movie then game. It was a big disappointment and I wish i could of use my money for Batman or skyrim. Well the only good thing is the multiplayer mode but game so dull. It needs a remake fast.
  5. Nov 10, 2011
    If you pick this game up as a stand alone title you'll think its fantastic, but if you're a fan of UC2 you'll be sadly disappointed. Much of this game feels like a rushed ill conceived rip-off of UC2. Given how good UC2 was it was always going to be difficult to top, but naughty dog have completely missed the mark.

The story follows largely the same formula however the ramped up cliches

The story follows largely the same formula however the ramped up cliches and 'close escapes' show a lack of imagination and reliance on gimmicky plot mechanisms. The game-play would've been ok if it was a straight copy of UC2 but rather than improve it they made it worse. The melee system has changed to be an unnecessary sequence of button pressing which adds nothing overall to the game. On top of that the single player aiming system has been shipped with a major flaw and will cause much frustration during the single player campaign.
  6. Dec 11, 2011
    Disappointing in so many ways. Did not live up to it's predecessors one little bit, So un-original, the only thing it has going for it is graphics, put I still prefer pongs graphics.
  7. Nov 16, 2011
    What the hell did I miss! Did I play the same game that all these other guys played that gave this **** game a 10? Really people come on! There was nothing new or innovative about this game. It was actually worse than the first two! The second uncharted was amazing and is still one of my favorites, but if you dont have the ability to upstage your predecessor than you need to give it aWhat the hell did I miss! Did I play the same game that all these other guys played that gave this **** game a 10? Really people come on! There was nothing new or innovative about this game. It was actually worse than the first two! The second uncharted was amazing and is still one of my favorites, but if you dont have the ability to upstage your predecessor than you need to give it a rest. My main issues with this game.....

Way to short and the story was boring. I stopped paying attention to it a fourth of the way in.

Way to much cinematic material. I felt like half the time you were just watching a movie instead of playing an actual game. The scenes where you do actually get to control your character are nothing amazing and easily forgettable.

Absolutly nothing new! Basically the same gameplay as the second one but worse.... Here is why....

They made the AI's run up on you like they have a death wish. Extremely frustrating when your trying to take cover from rocket blasts, sniper, and gun fire. I dont remember the first two games doing that stupid ****

In the parts where you could go stealth, you might as well just go out with guns blazing because it is almost impossible to do it without being spotted. This is do to the way the terrain was set up and the positioning of the AI's. When you DO get spotted the game punishs you for it with all kinds of body armor AI's, these are the guys that you have to shoot ten times in the face to bring them down. Also, extremely frustrating.

I couldnt believe how many times this game pissed me off while playing where I wanted to smash my controller to bits and throw my PS3 out the window. It's a good thing I didnt let this game get the best of me.

But to sum this up....
    This could of been an amazing triology like the GOD OF WAR SERIES, but unfortunatly it seems obvious that this game was lazily done and was just thrown out to market to make an easy buck. This game does NOT deserve the rating it got. But it doesnt matter what is said in a review. You will still go out and buy it and maybe you will be extermely dissapointed like me or maybe you will love it. But it is an unfortunate thing that the developers got away with putting out crap like Uncharted 3 to what could of been an amazing triology.
  8. Feb 12, 2012
    + Great graphics
    - Irritating gameplay and cutscenes
    - The difficulty is at medium setting mostly too easy, and sometimes infuriatingly difficult
    - Aiming is completely broken.
  9. Dec 17, 2011
    The graphics are epic and it has a good story line but in total it's not that good. The gun fights are unrealistic and sometimes you can't control Nate. And sometimes what your trying to do is just confusing
  10. Nov 25, 2012
    I already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basicallyI already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basically melee, melee, blindfire, blindfire, or use your kickbacks to get away from death fair and square. Naughty dog patched the aiming. Yes aiming which basically means that this game is gonna mostly be used as melee liking playing a fighting game and mash square on the controller. Another is the fact that when the game says that you can avoid being meleed by rolling, but due to lag you still die even if you rolled away from someone. Powerplays aren't something that can be played competitivley for deathmatch. The power plays can mostly just up the losing team in catching up quickly. Uncharted 2 was all about playing carefully, skillfulled, and whoever wins wins no matter what. Even the losing team can catch up if they have a strategy unlike uncharted 3 where its no skills at all. Treasure drops are another problem. People may get their treasures fairly easy but some people cant get new treasures drops now. Thats where Naughty Dog decides to pull a Capcom on where. You either keep getting the same duplicate treasures and eventually sooner or later just get 1 new one avaliable or just buy off the playstation store which to me i think its BS because Naughty Dog are responsible for listening to the fan's demand in patching the treasure drops and reduce the amount of duplications you pick up not charge in the PSStore but thats only for people who can't get the items they want. The spawn system is another negative because basically someone can either just camp where the player is going to spawn at or spawn on an enemy who doesn't notice where they are and get a cheap kill. OVERALL: Naughty dog can patch this game as much as they want but the situation of the problems will always be going on. Even if they patched it completely then a new problem can be abused and lead to critisims of the players. I don't think that Naughty Dog will revive the multiplayer like this right now they should just be making patches on disc cough cough Capcom or Infinity wards. The Uncharted community can still support this game but i don't think its going to be enough to make people play this game competitely at this time =( Expand
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    Hi, I want all people not to buy this game. All are complaining of software issue and it's not loading on ps3 system. I bought mine and it just shows an infinite loading ring when I enter the game. What's worse is naughty dog is not helping or acknowledging the problem.
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    Second only to the modern warfare series in terms of undeserved hype, this game is decent but it is only that. It may even be more undeserved than Call of Duty.

You are basically playing a movie which seems like it tries extremely hard to pretend it is not Indiana Jones. The story of uncharted is always decent at best, and you will forget it after some days. Also, all's everyone ever talks about is its graphics, which honestly, with such a linear game of course they can put the juice towards that and they are actually not even that great. Battlefield 3 and Skyrim looks just as good if not MUCH better than this game, so you should most definitely get those instead for a better multiplayer / singleplayer experience depending on what you are looking for.

It is extremely undeserved of the ridiculous amounts of praise it gets. This game is a rental at best.
  13. Nov 7, 2011
    This game started off strong but turned into a disappointment. First, they should advertise this game a FPS, because that is what it turns into 90% of the time with minimum puzzle solving. The controls are less responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 which makes the repetitive combat that much more frustrating. The storyline is also a disappointment. It follows Uncharted 2's cuesThis game started off strong but turned into a disappointment. First, they should advertise this game a FPS, because that is what it turns into 90% of the time with minimum puzzle solving. The controls are less responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 which makes the repetitive combat that much more frustrating. The storyline is also a disappointment. It follows Uncharted 2's cues exactly and its like watching the exact same story just in a different location. The game also turns into a Indiana Jones movie once you reach the desert. Its like watching the famous tank scene complete with Indian being hit against a embankment while holding on for his life and then the tank falling off the side of a cliff, only its Drake and a truck with a crane instead. All this leads to a so-so ending with the very predictable fights, lack luster final scene which is EXACTLY like Uncharted 2. Just buy Uncharted 2, pretend its in a warmer location, and you have Uncharted 3. Expand
  14. Nov 15, 2012
    All I can say about this steaming Hot mess of this choose your own adventure one big quick time event movie that is suposed to be a game and isn't is Eat Fresh!!!
  15. Nov 2, 2011
    I was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the gameI was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the game is the cut scenes. During the campaign I was looking forward to the cut scenes more than the gameplay itself. Next is the voice acting. Top notch. Not much more to say then that. Last is the multiplayer. A great improvement from UC2's multiplayer. Now the cons. The campaign is ridiculously linear. All you do is move from boring puzzle to boring puzzle, run into the enemy and hide behind something and kill them all, and sit through a cool cut scene, etc. There are some great moments in the story mode, but 80 percent of the time your doing the same thing over and over again. Very short as well. If you want you could finish the whole game in 8 hours or so. So there you have it. A good game, but not a great game. If you really want to play the some disappointing campaign then just rent it. I don't think there are any other features that could justify a full purchase unless you really like multiplayer. Final score 7.5/10 Expand
  16. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes areUncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes are awesome but game-play is exhausting and repetitive. The game eventually becomes a grind. Kill guys here, climb there, enter room with many spawning enemies, rinse and repeat through out the whole game. I found myself loving the game but at the same time becoming very frustrated during my game-play. Uncharted 2 was stellar, I must have played the game 5 times at least, this game I cannot finish due to being exhausted of the same things over and over again. Expand
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    this game is the same as the other uncharteds, uncharted 2 was the same as uncharted 1, only difference is that uncharted 2 had online, and this time uncharted 3 is the same as uncharted 2 only with more online mods, heres the story of the 3 games, you go in a adventure trying to find a treasure, you find a clue, then when you get the clue some bad guys beat you and go first to find thethis game is the same as the other uncharteds, uncharted 2 was the same as uncharted 1, only difference is that uncharted 2 had online, and this time uncharted 3 is the same as uncharted 2 only with more online mods, heres the story of the 3 games, you go in a adventure trying to find a treasure, you find a clue, then when you get the clue some bad guys beat you and go first to find the treasure, then you go with your friends to get the treasure first, then the bad guy beat you againd and you are left alone in a place that you dont know, then a monster trys to kill you but you kill him first, then you find out that the treasure is cursed and is the cause of the monster, then you go with your friends beat the bad guys and destroy the treasure THE END, and thats the story of the 3 games -_- Expand
  18. Dec 27, 2011
    Overrated in all aspects. There is nothing groundbreaking that you haven't already seen in uncharted 2. The new close-up combat system is even worse than the prequel. The storyline is thin and the game is full of bugs, especially when it comes to enemy AI. It's a good game, just not great. (loved uncharted 2 as the greatest game ever made).
  19. Nov 11, 2015
    This game is dog **** IDK about anyone else but for me its buggy as hell, half the time it barely works at all and the crap contextual actions can't decide if they worked this time or bugged out as I flip halfway over a guy with a shield become stuck in the air for a bit then fly off into space like I was hit by a grenade despite this being the way the game told you to beat them and is inThis game is dog **** IDK about anyone else but for me its buggy as hell, half the time it barely works at all and the crap contextual actions can't decide if they worked this time or bugged out as I flip halfway over a guy with a shield become stuck in the air for a bit then fly off into space like I was hit by a grenade despite this being the way the game told you to beat them and is in fact the only practical way to kill them aside from grenades, movement is clunky showing a lack of effort in the game overall and camera angles keep changing randomly for no reason, and enemies are randomly immune to bullets and explosives causing me to have to play sections over and over till the enemy could take damage, to make this worse your dodge and cover button ARE THE SAME BUTTON meaning you will try to take cover only to roll out and get shot WTF and of course random times your walking along with a guy and it’s just gone, no cut scene or loading area just gone…..in short this game was **** for me never played this series before and certainly never will again. Expand
  20. Aug 28, 2012
    I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS.I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS. U2's main Boss was vastily better done . also the supporting characters outside of sully just felt tossed in . That being said every thing els about the game was well done it feels like the Uncharted we know and love . there are new guns lots of fun intense sceanes that get your blood pumping and bring that movie feel in (though again not as strong as U2) . The online also has been improved and is now alot faster to get into a match unlike U2 was . All in all U3 is a great game that every uncharted fan should have and makes me kick myself for waiting as long as i did for getting it . Expand
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    There are a lot of loose ends that dont get tied up in this game. The game was going in an awesome direction but the ending left me wanting more. the graphics and production are top notch. The past two games had a supernatural theme to them and I feel like they tried too hard to try and trick you into thinking thats where they were going again. Great game though
  22. Dec 3, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best game of 2011! The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story â
  23. Nov 7, 2011
    I kept reading that this was basically just like Uncharted 2. That wouldn't be a huge disappointment since I thought it was the best game made, but that isn't the case. Uncharted 3 takes it to another level. It is now the best game. Great action, puzzles for a break, fun running scenes and a story you just want to keep watching. Perfect 10!
  24. Nov 7, 2011
    MY FAVORITE GAME. Every part of this game is worth experiencing. Loved Uncharted 2, and this is even better. Finished the game (campaign) and multiplayer is too addictive !!!
  25. djs
    Nov 8, 2011
    Simply the best game I've ever played.
    Great story, great graphics, and the sound is amazing.
    I recommend everyone to play this masterpiece! Just buy it and play one of the best games ever made!
  26. Oct 22, 2012
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    I'm disappointed by this one, the story lacks passion, as the relationship between Nate and Elena is completed in Among Thieves,the one between him and Sully is not very convincingly told. The graphic is AWESOME, beats all the other acclaimed visually stunning console games. But it's more like a movie than a video game. There are so many times you just punch one or two buttons to keep the show running.
  27. Nov 8, 2011
    Best game I ever played it makes Gears 3 look like a steaming pile of $H!T lol

I loved the story it was so addictive I was hard to leave for work on time, the lighting textures and animations are the best I've seen since Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
  28. Nov 6, 2011
    My original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, andMy original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, and Uncharted 3 is one of the best games of all time. Expand
  29. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is spectacular. The same characteristic story and graphics that we have come to know in love are even more incredible here. I would say it is the best in the series but Uncharted 2 holds a special place in my heart. The story is great but a little convoluted at times. The graphics are even better if you can believe that. The uncharted series has been unbelievable. How many timesThis game is spectacular. The same characteristic story and graphics that we have come to know in love are even more incredible here. I would say it is the best in the series but Uncharted 2 holds a special place in my heart. The story is great but a little convoluted at times. The graphics are even better if you can believe that. The uncharted series has been unbelievable. How many times has a game come out to such incredible reviews (Some calling it near perfection)? Only to have the sequel turn out even better. The Uncharted series has done that time and again. The only failing here is the same as in all the Uncharted games, Gameplay. The first Uncharted had fairly poor gunplay, movement issues and poor collision detection. Uncharted 2 was vastly improved in all areas yet was still weak in them as well. Uncharted 3 however is a step back in this re-guard. The gunplay feels off, with the aiming being a little to jumpy and inaccurate. Using off brand controllers can be horrible in this game. For some reason controllers with no problems in other games will have huge dead zones in Uncharted 3. Making you switch to a Sony brand controller as soon as possible. Which still has problems just to a lesser degree. They seem to have ignored the collision detection issues all together. At times headshots will ring true wil a satisfying killshot. Other times an obvious headshot seems to have no affect as the game counts it as hitting the body. The biggest problem with Uncharted 3 is it's attention to detail and realism. This should be a good thing but really shows the huge flaws in gameplay. When in water levels the movement and flow of the area is incredible. But it really causes problems in movement and aiming when in battle. Which would make sense of course but is so drastic here because of the gunplay issues. All in all, Uncharted 3 is well worth the price. The story and graphics more than make up for the gameplay issues. The gameplay may be a little frustrating at times but will not leave you hating the game as a whole. I'm giving Uncharted a 9 as 10 means perfection and no game is perfect. Thanks for reading. Expand
  30. Nov 26, 2011
    Stunning, absolutely stunning. A game that blends every element that can be put into a video game perfectly together. It's cinematic, with eye-candy visuals, an unforgettable story, and amazing voice acting. However, Naughty Dog could have made the game play and gun play a little tighter. Otherwise, this game is a straight 10.
  31. Nov 9, 2011
    This game is why you have a PS3. If you don't buy this game and you have a PS3 I think you must have some serious issues. If you don't like this game, then I don't think I could like you as a person. This game really is something quite special; it's polished and refined beautifully. I've never seen such a level of polish in a game before. The singleplayer experience is incredible withThis game is why you have a PS3. If you don't buy this game and you have a PS3 I think you must have some serious issues. If you don't like this game, then I don't think I could like you as a person. This game really is something quite special; it's polished and refined beautifully. I've never seen such a level of polish in a game before. The singleplayer experience is incredible with great pacing and a very satisfying length. People have told me they're put off by how the game is only about 10 hours long but surely quality is more important than quantity? You'll replay this game many times and trust me the money is worth for those 10 hours. The multiplayer is just icing on the cake, its great and very robust and surprisingly addicitive. Sure, its not the best but its certainly good. The co-op is great as well. But the reason you should buy this game is for the singleplayer experience. There's nothing wrong in this game which is why its a perfect 10/10. Expand
  32. Nov 8, 2011
    A fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and seriousA fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and serious dialogue.

The gameplay is extremely solid. They did not change much from the previous games, as there was no need. The aiming mechanics are a bit tighter, and the melee is infinitely more satisfying, but don't expect a huge change from the previous two installments. I never found myself getting sick of the game, while at times the story was too obvious for my tastes, the edge of your seat action and the banter between Drake and company kept me coming back for more.

If it's your type of thing, the game has a very good multiplayer mode as well. While I don't like to play a lot of third person multiplayer, the game offers infinite customization options for both your character and your loadouts. The weapons are fairly well balanced, as are the streak bonuses. For someone who doesn't like third person multiplayer, like me, this won't change your opinion on the genre. However if you don't mind it, or enjoy that kind of multiplayer, it is well done and will likely keep you coming back for more unlocks.
  33. Nov 22, 2011
    Naughty dog at it again. The game's single player campaign offers people exactly what they expect from the franchise an a adrenaline pumping action adventure with really nice tight controls. The game mixes Third person shooter cover based system combat with puzzles and platforming, and planned out to nicely break the flow of the game with some lows and highs makes for an amazingNaughty dog at it again. The game's single player campaign offers people exactly what they expect from the franchise an a adrenaline pumping action adventure with really nice tight controls. The game mixes Third person shooter cover based system combat with puzzles and platforming, and planned out to nicely break the flow of the game with some lows and highs makes for an amazing experience. With an adventure themed story like indiana jones and fun characters you get to play your own hollywood adventure, top notch production values. As for the characters this game does go into more background info on drake and sully so if you love those characters then you're in for a treat. The online component is a big improvement over the other game with the co-op modes being the main highlight and very fun. Suffice to say uncharted 3 offers amazing SP and if you still need a fix it has a good online and amazing co-op modes to keep you busy. Expand
  34. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is a perfect 10. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't just give out perfect 10's lightly. You are hooked from beginning to end! A must own by any game player!
  35. MJR
    Dec 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I know how much the game is loved and how much the series is loved by it's fans. But the truth is I found the game to be very shallow compared to Uncharted 2, which i would give a perfect 10. The characters sort of jump in and out of the story with Chloe and Cutter disappearing and that random Arabic guy near the end. Felt a little bit deus ex (not a reference to the Deus Ex games), and there was no climatic finish like Uncharted 2 where the sap from the Tree of Life is eaten by Lazaravich and the worst comes to worst followed by a great boss battle. In Uncharted 3 the container at the bottom of the well in the City of Brass containing the Djinn is taken care of in a cutscene you had nothing to do with. Bye evil thing that I never saw surfaced. Also that B**ch Marlowe is killed by quicksand and Drake even attempted to SAVE her. I wanted to straight up kill that c**t. Weak and unsatisfying. I will admit that the fight with Talbot as the city collapses was pretty intense as was the chase in Cartagena as young Drake. The graphic are beautiful, no denying that, and as always the voice acting is superb. The gameplay flows really well, with fisticuffs being a real highlight. I also really enjoyed the cruise ship level but it felt weird because there was no reason to have been on the boat. It was irrelevant to the story, a filler, albeit an awesome filler. You got nothing out of the level other than, oh Drake wasted a bunch of time. Overall it was a very good game with a lot of cool aspects and levels, but the end was kind of a let down, and the cruise ship level I wish could have been integrated better into the plot line. I also wish Chloe and Cutter were in the game longer and that the Arabic guy wasn't or that you had met him sooner to make him more relevant. The only area the game really suffered was the story (which is very important to me considering I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer), mainly from the time the Djinn get sent back down into the well to the end, which had nothing on the showdown with Lazaravich. In the words of Mega64 sometimes games are just okay. They don't all need a 9 or 10. Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is the most beautiful game ever made for the consoles.I think is one of the top 3 games of the year.Naughty dog done very good work again. Expand
  37. Nov 7, 2011
    I never give games a ten but this is it, a perfect 10. If you thought Uncharted 2 couldn't be bettered, well, think again! Everything about this game has improved since the last iteration, everything. You will miss out on one of the best games of all time if you don't play this. Take a standing ovation Naughty Dog, you deserve it.
  38. Nov 11, 2011
    Excelente game!!! Algo nunca visto na história da industria dos video games!! Gráficos, física, história e som. Tudo em perfeita harmonia!! Parabéns Naught Dog!! Caixistas choram!!
  39. Nov 3, 2011
    Great game, not as good as its predecessor. Uncharted 3 breaks the formula a little bit. Instead of using Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan to tell the story of El Dorado, the Tree of Life, or whatever they're seeking (trying to make this review as spoiler-free as possible, which is hard), they use the treasure as a way to explain the back story of Drake and Sully's relationship. InGreat game, not as good as its predecessor. Uncharted 3 breaks the formula a little bit. Instead of using Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan to tell the story of El Dorado, the Tree of Life, or whatever they're seeking (trying to make this review as spoiler-free as possible, which is hard), they use the treasure as a way to explain the back story of Drake and Sully's relationship. In Uncharted 3, you learn about Drake's past-- how he got into adventuring, how he obtained the ring, and a whole lot more. The problem with this is that the overall story of the game takes a beating. Naughty Dog seems to have sacrificed story in order to fit in more back story. Now, everything story-wise "works": The enemies' motivation is clear, the explanation makes sense, and so on, but it all feels very lackluster, which is weird for an Uncharted game, and there are some lapses in logic and reason that will more than likely make you say "Wait... what?" after you've thought about it for a few minutes. Graphically speaking, it's still Uncharted (meaning its absolutely gorgeous in every way, shape, and form).The climbing and platforming sections are all fun, and I only had a few places where I got truly stumped. The combat has gotten a major boost in the fisticuffs department-- Uncharted 3 now allows you to use the environment around you in your fights, which is INCREDIBLY fun to do. The shooting is still the same, in that you point at things you want dead and pull the trigger. The difficulty of combat is something that needs to be discussed, however. There were some skirmishes where I was absolutely getting devastated over and over because I couldn't get everyone, but it always felt fair. The final battle, on the other hand, was way too easy. The final battles of Uncharted 1 and 2 were both controller-throwing hard, especially at higher difficulties. Uncharted 3's final battle was so easy that it was a real disappointment. As a side note, I should probably mention this was the buggiest Uncharted game I've played. Every once in a while a cinematic scene wouldn't trigger correctly, and I would be stuck in limbo, which broke the flow quite severely at times. But the one thing that really costs itself points is loose ends. People who have played and completed the game may very well know exactly what I mean-- there are about four or five major things that are hinted at and brought attention to, but are never resolved. I expect (or at least hope) that these questions will be answered in DLC, but I'm a little disappointed, since no other Uncharted game required DLC to get the full story. All in all, the game is a solid 8.5/10. Better than Uncharted 1, but just can't live up to the glory that is Uncharted 2. Expand
  40. Nov 18, 2011
    Peut être le meilleur jeu de la playstation 3, il est toujours aussi convaincanyt le que le 2 alors qu'il aurait pu être décevant , a posséder !!!
  41. Dec 4, 2011
    my number one complaint about all 3 uncharted games is the walking i wish they would implement a running and walking system kind of like the way you can in assassins creed games where you can walk then press a button to run and another button to sprint. everyone complains about shooting but i didnt find it to bad, no worse than any other uncharted game. the story seemed a bit short andmy number one complaint about all 3 uncharted games is the walking i wish they would implement a running and walking system kind of like the way you can in assassins creed games where you can walk then press a button to run and another button to sprint. everyone complains about shooting but i didnt find it to bad, no worse than any other uncharted game. the story seemed a bit short and fighting was more fun but the way it is executed is a little difficult. i wish games would steer away from the big style of gameplay and go back to the longer gameplay of uncharted one Expand
  42. Mar 26, 2016
    Uncharted 3 is... a very awesome game!!..... to watch that is. Because the story is alright, characters are quite likable, graphics look absolutely amazing and you just wonder how the PS3 could handle this. The voice acting, the music, this is a work of art.

Unfortunately, the game is not that awesome to play. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is super linear and everything is sooo scripted. EVERYTHING!! It's like Tomb Raider, walk past this point, explosion will happen. Walk across the bridge, bridge collapse.... They actually believe people will go " OMG I totally did not see that happening!! My heart is beating so fast!! Wow!!"

Combat mechanics.... it's pretty mediocre. Not terrible, mind you. But somehow I feel Nathan lack actual weight, or defy laws of gravity. It just doesn't feel natural. Seems like he's floating most of the time. Because of this, in Online mode everybody is just running around jumping around crazily at each other. Seem like a mess. Guns feel like they have no impact, like paintball guns.

Final verdict, as a show piece, 10/10. I suggest watching the cutscenes on Youtube. There are plenty of compiled cutscenes vids by now. As as a video game, it does nothing new. You're doing the same linear things from start to end. I played about 2 hours and had to stop cos it was getting boring. Sold it and watched the rest on Youtube. it's just not that fun like many people are saying here.. 6/10.
  43. Nov 21, 2011
    buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,buy this not MW3 or BF3 UNCHARTED IS BETTER,
  44. Nov 8, 2011
    Seriously this and batman are the front runners for game of the year. This game is perfect and greatly improved on some multiplayer faults from the previous game. Not normally my style and I said i wouldn't buy it, but once i rented it, i just might give them 70$ for it
  45. Nov 10, 2011
    I'll come out and say it, if you were hoping the story to be better than U2 then you'll be a little dissapointed, however that doesnt mean it's anything short of extraordinary. The graphics are amazing, with many unforgetable set pieces. The gameplay is great with a reworked melee system, and a more aggresive A.I. The level design is superb. Music will stay in your head. If you loveI'll come out and say it, if you were hoping the story to be better than U2 then you'll be a little dissapointed, however that doesnt mean it's anything short of extraordinary. The graphics are amazing, with many unforgetable set pieces. The gameplay is great with a reworked melee system, and a more aggresive A.I. The level design is superb. Music will stay in your head. If you love Uncharted series, then don't miss out on this action packed third installment. Expand
  46. Nov 13, 2011
    A step down from Uncharted 2. While overall the game is good, the controls are jumpy and at times the enemies seem to be unaffected by bullets which leads to a lot of frustrating moments. Also personally, I didn't think that the story was as interesting as Uncharted 2. On the plus side melee combat is a lot more fun and multiplayer is still great.
  47. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot betterThis game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot better then uncharted 2! The music and sound effects are top notch as well... You must play this game! The action is non stop and the most suprising thing is, the action doesnt get boring! 10 out 10!!! Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2011
    Not as good as Uncharted 2. Great Cinematic experience but has issues. 1) Wow the campaign is short 2) Melee is repetitive and doesn't work well on stairs, did i say repetitive. 3) Bugs ... about 5 times I got stuck in objects and could not get out, had to wait for AI to kill me. Maybe because I completed Dark Souls before Uncharted 3 but it felt super short and somewhat buggy. Dark SoulsNot as good as Uncharted 2. Great Cinematic experience but has issues. 1) Wow the campaign is short 2) Melee is repetitive and doesn't work well on stairs, did i say repetitive. 3) Bugs ... about 5 times I got stuck in objects and could not get out, had to wait for AI to kill me. Maybe because I completed Dark Souls before Uncharted 3 but it felt super short and somewhat buggy. Dark Souls 9 outta 10, Uncharted 3 I give an 8, maybe 8.5 for Multiplayer (god the 10 year olds on mic are annoying!) Expand
  49. Nov 9, 2011
    From one epic adventure to the next, Uncharted 3 somehow does not send the same waves of any dissapointement that MW3 does in anyway shape or form (thank god). The Game takes obvious traits from Indiana Jones and the last cruisade in many ways, but that just adds on to the epicness that Naughty Dog have put into another masterpiece. For all the low scores here, haters gonna hate. Go PlayFrom one epic adventure to the next, Uncharted 3 somehow does not send the same waves of any dissapointement that MW3 does in anyway shape or form (thank god). The Game takes obvious traits from Indiana Jones and the last cruisade in many ways, but that just adds on to the epicness that Naughty Dog have put into another masterpiece. For all the low scores here, haters gonna hate. Go Play your Recycled garbage Zelda, and MW3, and leave the real games to the big boys, thanks. Expand
  50. Dec 5, 2011
    Simply put, this game is just.....amazing. My family got me some games for my birthday (GT5, BF3, and this one) and I beat BF3, started playing GT5, and just now recently picked this one up. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to start playing it, but I wish I would have done it sooner. I started it, and I could not put it down. I just beat the game, and while I thought itSimply put, this game is just.....amazing. My family got me some games for my birthday (GT5, BF3, and this one) and I beat BF3, started playing GT5, and just now recently picked this one up. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to start playing it, but I wish I would have done it sooner. I started it, and I could not put it down. I just beat the game, and while I thought it was a little short (I beat it in a little under 9 hours on "hard,") it was amazing. I really thought that Uncharted 2 couldn't be beat, but Naughty Dog took it to a whole other level. The storytelling is superb, the graphics are stunning, the voice-acting is top notch, and the music fits the game so well. GET THIS GAME!!!! You will definitely not be disappointed. Collapse
  51. Nov 7, 2011
    A fantastic game from start to finish. The multiplayer and campaign are both a lot of fun and the aesthetics for the environments are exceptional. I'd suggest every gamer to own a copy of this masterpiece and share in one of video games greatest achievements to this point.
  52. Jan 17, 2012
    The graphics, set pieces, acting, and music are all 10/10. However the shooting has certainly dropped in quality somewhat, there are 4 or 5 infuriatingly difficult sections, and the length is the shortest of all 3 games in the series. I don't really dabble in the multiplayer and online modes so I can't really comment there, however the 2 player co-op section probably has 4 or 5 good hoursThe graphics, set pieces, acting, and music are all 10/10. However the shooting has certainly dropped in quality somewhat, there are 4 or 5 infuriatingly difficult sections, and the length is the shortest of all 3 games in the series. I don't really dabble in the multiplayer and online modes so I can't really comment there, however the 2 player co-op section probably has 4 or 5 good hours in it. Overall I think this a very good, but short, game. Expand
  53. Nov 5, 2011
    This game is very good... The greatest game ever.... HARDLY! The graphics are truly amazing, among the best you will find on this generation of consoles. The plot lines and story are compelling if that's your cup of tea (as a matter of choice I prefer short cut scenes and more action but a lot of people like quality story lines). The last several Tomb Raider games were universallyThis game is very good... The greatest game ever.... HARDLY! The graphics are truly amazing, among the best you will find on this generation of consoles. The plot lines and story are compelling if that's your cup of tea (as a matter of choice I prefer short cut scenes and more action but a lot of people like quality story lines). The last several Tomb Raider games were universally panned by critics but this game really reminds me a lot of a Tomb Raider game and the same critics are giving it universal acclaim. Here is how I see it: the developers threw in parts of Tomb Raider (puzzle solving/concept), Gears of War (with the duck and cover shooting tactics). Prince of Persia for the platforming, Batman for the melee (counter punches). The result is a very polished finished product, but I feel like I have been there and done that before. The computer AI is pretty silly from time to time and there are certain points of the game where you will be confronted by wave after wave of regenerating enemies until you hit a predetermined checkpoint. I am at the ship portion of the campaign right now so I can't say that I have seen the entire game, but based on what I have played it's not a groundbreaking experience. As of yet I have not tried the online content. I was a huge fan of the previous games in the series and I had extremely high expectations. I am not disappointed, but like I said, it's a very good, not great game. The people that are giving it extremely low scores really can't justify the negativity so I would take them with a grain of salt. If you like the series you will enjoy this game. If you are expecting something revolutionary, you probably aren't going to find it here. Expand
  54. Nov 5, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is an incredible game. Everything there is amazing. Starting from graphics and ending with story. Company is super and multiplayer is better. You'll spend a lot hours in this game. And not just in multiplayer. There are a lot bonuses like treasures and different trophies. But there is one minus. This game is worse than the second one. Uncharted 2: AmongUncharted 3: Drake's Deception is an incredible game. Everything there is amazing. Starting from graphics and ending with story. Company is super and multiplayer is better. You'll spend a lot hours in this game. And not just in multiplayer. There are a lot bonuses like treasures and different trophies. But there is one minus. This game is worse than the second one. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is masterpiece. I rate it 11 out of 10. So, that's why i rate Uncharted 3 10/10. Expand
  55. Nov 6, 2011
    I have rarely been hyped so much for a game as I have been for Uncharted 3, but I was sorely disappointed in this addition to the series possibly due to the high expectations set by Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has slightly better graphics than Uncharted 2, but I didn't seem to tell too much difference between them save for the occassional context sensitive actions. Uncharted 3 has theI have rarely been hyped so much for a game as I have been for Uncharted 3, but I was sorely disappointed in this addition to the series possibly due to the high expectations set by Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has slightly better graphics than Uncharted 2, but I didn't seem to tell too much difference between them save for the occassional context sensitive actions. Uncharted 3 has the failure of lingering on cinematic drama rather than creating a game that has good character development and lasting appeal. The game starts off interestingly, but continually gets more and more mundane until about the 12th chapter. The game picks up for a while, but I found the last 2 chapters greatly unsatisfactory. The penultimate chapter was, in my opinion, just terrible and weird. The boss fight fell flat with little difficulty and seemed to be merely added last minute as if Naughty Dog had realized that they had forgotten one and just spliced it in. The ending I thought was cheesy and a disappointing end to the game. However, Uncharted 3 takes some things that made Uncharted 2 special to still make it somewhat fun to the player. It still provides fun shootouts, and platforming segments although they are sub-par when compared to the previous game. The multiplayer was great and really like the advancements that were made from Uncharted 2. While little difference in game types from the UC2, there are enough profile options, kickbacks, and boosters to set it above its epic prequel. Uncharted 3 isn't all bad with enough of the same mechanics from Uncharted 2, but its mundane pacing, storyline, and characters make it far from perfect. I like Uncharted 2 better than Uncharted 3 in almost every aspect. Unless you have a need for split-screen, or enjoy multiplayer much more than campaign, I would advise you to pick up Uncharted 2 as I believe the single player to be better than Uncharted 3 in nearly every way . Naughty Dog has crafted a less than stellar sequel to the seemingly perfect Uncharted 2, and fails to measure up to its superior predecessor. Expand
  56. Nov 6, 2011
    Undeniably the greatest game I have ever played - having just beaten Dark Souls and Arkham City I did not come to this game expecting to be impressed but nonetheless I have been. I am completely addicted to the multiplayer and that is a rare feat as so far only MW2 was able to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks. The single player campaign is phenomenal and filled with easily theUndeniably the greatest game I have ever played - having just beaten Dark Souls and Arkham City I did not come to this game expecting to be impressed but nonetheless I have been. I am completely addicted to the multiplayer and that is a rare feat as so far only MW2 was able to keep me entertained for a couple of weeks. The single player campaign is phenomenal and filled with easily the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen. The storyline is character driven, the puzzles are good, and the gameplay is awesome. Unlike most games this generation where you have no choice but to take cover every three seconds I actually find myself leaving cover and using the melee system frequently in lieu of taking cover. The actual shooting mechanics are still great and I love the blindfiring. Anyone who has rated this game less than a 8 has clearly not played anymore than 5 minutes of it. If you're on the fence about it, do not be. If you played 1 and 2 then you've probably already purchased 3. If you haven't played any then do yourself the favor and buy the dual pack and then this one. You will not regret a single penny. I expect this game and Dark Souls to win the bulk of the GOTY awards. Expand
  57. Nov 7, 2011
    There is simply not much too say about uncharted 3 it is the best game, in human existance. i can hardly recommend it. It is a perfect cinamatic action game and i think we need these games for ps3.
  58. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is definitely the best game on the planet everything's amazing in this game the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the funny moments, the riddles, the 'jumping and climbing' system, the action every single chapter has something different like I love it how Nate gets on the plane and I really love the sands effects I cannot describe how happy I am coz i played this game andThis game is definitely the best game on the planet everything's amazing in this game the graphics, the gameplay, the story, the funny moments, the riddles, the 'jumping and climbing' system, the action every single chapter has something different like I love it how Nate gets on the plane and I really love the sands effects I cannot describe how happy I am coz i played this game and waiting for the next one from Naughty Dog. Expand
  59. Nov 8, 2011
    Game of the Year? Hell sure it is. If you liked Uncharted 1 and 2, you will LOVE the third one, as it is the best of the 3. You will not be dissapointed at all.
  60. Nov 8, 2011
    The game is fantastic. Complaints about control issues are totally unjustified and should be completely dismissed. From beginning to end Drake's Deception is a masterpiece, not as much as Metal Gear 4 but a masterpiece in it's own right. The multiplayer is great but don't expect a Call of Duty or Battlefield, it's not fair to compare with that type of game because they are totallyThe game is fantastic. Complaints about control issues are totally unjustified and should be completely dismissed. From beginning to end Drake's Deception is a masterpiece, not as much as Metal Gear 4 but a masterpiece in it's own right. The multiplayer is great but don't expect a Call of Duty or Battlefield, it's not fair to compare with that type of game because they are totally different. A third-person shooter cannot be compared to a first-person shooter, they don't and never will work the same way so don't try and expect them to. Overall it is an amazing game and totally deserves a buy. Expand
  61. Nov 8, 2011
    my review just vanished lol. nevermind!
    my review just vanished lol. nevermind!
    this game is without doubt the best game ever made. it's the most cinematic game that is actually still a (quite challenging) game! from the battlefield 3 beating graphics, to the brilliant sound and acting. from the greatly refined multiplayer to the captivating story. from the new melee fighting to the (thankfully now improved) gunplay. it really is the only example i can think of that is a perfect game of this generation! it's set the bar! it gives a glimpse of the next gen, without being buggy to hell like battlefield 3. buy it, you really wont regret it!
  62. Nov 8, 2011
    There are many different reasons this game is the best game ever made. But rather than listen to me just look at the score. (Keep in mind the score is a little low.)
  63. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game, best of the series so far.

Great game, best of the series so far.

Beautiful, inspired, unmatched. This game takes what we know of cinema/games and merges them into what we should almost call a new genre...Cinegame. There are times when playing this I forgot it was not a cutscene, and therefor payed the price for not playing accordingly. Look, no words will get you to understand what Naughty Dog have done, point is, buy it, period.
  64. Nov 8, 2011
    The long anticipated wait of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception exclusively for PlayStation 3 is finally over and we get to experience another action-packed thrill ride. Nathan Drake is the series protagonist in search of a fabled city known as "Atlantis of the Sands" which holds untold secrets and riches. This journey to find the fabled lost city will test Drake's limits both physically andThe long anticipated wait of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception exclusively for PlayStation 3 is finally over and we get to experience another action-packed thrill ride. Nathan Drake is the series protagonist in search of a fabled city known as "Atlantis of the Sands" which holds untold secrets and riches. This journey to find the fabled lost city will test Drake's limits both physically and mentally. I refuse to spoil the story so I will keep the plot to a minimum but to get the most out of the experience, play Uncharted 1 & 2 first. There's lots of references to the previous adventures that you will appreciate.

Naughty Dog really went all out on Uncharted 3 and it shows with it's drool-inducing graphics which has raise the bar once again in the gaming industry. The amount of detail is staggering to say the least and you will be truly immerse in this fictional world. Animations like Drake touching the wall when close or just collapsing on the ground due to physical exhausting is so realistic and refreshing. In-game textures are phenomenal along with weather and particle effects not to mention amazing physics, lighting, shadowing implementation. There are set pieces in the game that will make your jaw drop and pause to look at the breathtaking mind-blowing environments. Naughty Dog's Uncharted 3 has manage to surpass Uncharted 2's visuals which I thought was not possible.

The sound of Uncharted 3 is nothing short of stellar and helps set the tone perfectly for this latest entry especially with headphones on. In fact, the sound is so good, I mistaken some of the sound effects for actual real life sounds which that has never happened to me before. I am more than impressed with the voice over work and each character is not only believable but relatable as well. There's instances where Drake says what you're thinking in the game (in my case that is) and it really adds to the experience. The dialog is hilarious and witty which does a fine job of easing the tension and believe me, the action is intense.

Aiming is fine though I had difficulties getting headshots but that is most likely do due me not having the best accuracy. Platforming can be a pain especially when you go for a long jump just to plummet to your death but it won't ruin your experience. Enemies are way more intelligent now and will actually find ways to surprise you with a bullet in your head from out of nowhere. The hand-to-hand combat is amazing and you might find yourself using it more than guns but guns are still very effective. Puzzles are challenging and really get you thinking but not too difficult to halt you for months.

Aside from campaign mode, Uncharted 3 offers online co-op which even includes an additional bonus story and totally revamped the online multiplayer mode. Now you can create a character and insignia to your liking but limits you in what you can do. For example, you can only create male characters which left me a little disappointed as I rather create women. The new features like kickbacks and moving set pieces may receive mix reactions but I find it refreshing and a welcome change. Expect to be frustrated because you are often matched with players who are for more skilled with better weapons, boosters, and kickbacks. -The Breakdown-

Story: You're going to love every minute of it.

Graphics: Uncharted 3 has set the bar once more.

Gameplay: Addicting and pulse-pounding.

Sound: The best in the series and far ahead of the competition.

Online: Lots to do and plenty to play with.

Entertainment: As close as you can get to starring in a blockbuster action film.

-The Bottomline-

Uncharted 3 is without a doubt the best PS3 game of 2011 but has some serious competition for Game of The Year award. The story alone is better than most Hollywood blockbuster films and truly a unique experience for gamers. Naughty Dog has outdone themselves again with Uncharted 3 and I implore you to experience the world this talented development team has created exclusively for PS3. I felt Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece but Uncharted 3 far exceeds it in every way. Drake's Deception is indeed a masterpiece but is it perfect? Nothing is perfect and like every game ever created, it does have flaws but they're so minor that it doesn't ruin the amazing experience. Without a doubt, Uncharted 3 gets a 5/5 stars which is a first for me but I simply can't get enough of this game so grab a copy and join me!
  65. Nov 9, 2011
    This game was fantastic. I have been a Drake fan from the start and this game made the series even better. Naughty Dog displays its good showcasing of story line and gameplay.
  66. Nov 16, 2011
    Excelent Game i have finished it on crushing for one week...some breaks meal but i finished it! amazing story Great graphics most visual apealling game ever! nothing compares to uc3 ///////call of duty mw3 is a DLC $1 DLc lol
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    I have played a plethora of games on multiple consoles, and having familiarized myself with Naughty Dog, I feel it appropriate to label Uncharted 3 as their magnum opus. Despite the great Crash the Bandicoot games and the other two works of art that were Uncharted 1 and 2, Uncharted 3 truly is a masterpiece in its own right. Captivation occurs within 15 minutes of the campaign, and the reI have played a plethora of games on multiple consoles, and having familiarized myself with Naughty Dog, I feel it appropriate to label Uncharted 3 as their magnum opus. Despite the great Crash the Bandicoot games and the other two works of art that were Uncharted 1 and 2, Uncharted 3 truly is a masterpiece in its own right. Captivation occurs within 15 minutes of the campaign, and the re playability offered by the campaign alone is astounding. Multiplayer is a whole other beast, and while it may not be for everyone, it certainly has its niche. The single player experience alone is enough to garner a 10, and I urge each and everyone of you to familiarize yourself with the previous installments. Pick this game up, and I guarantee that it will change your viewpoints. Naughty Dog presents the case for video games as art better than any other game that I have played. Expand
  68. Nov 9, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is one of the best video game in this century IMO. Only reason it's behind batman in review is, Batman was only reviewed by few amount of people...while Uncharted 3 has more reviewers, but still managed to come on second place.
  69. Nov 9, 2011
    This game will receive GOTY award ! One of the most exciting and awesome ever made so far. If you didn't buy your, go get it. Multiplayer need some fixes/adjust in order to became competitive.
  70. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is simply put an AMAZING game. In fact, I love it so much I will be so happy if they announce an Uncharted 4! This game has upgraded everything from the second game and is worth every single penny of the asking price. A must own game for any PS3 owner. Nathan Drake kicks Indiana Jones' ass
  71. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another great entry into the franchise, was slightly letdown by the pacing of the story and sheer lack of attention to detail concerning Drake's relationships with the rest of the cast and their part in things.

Like...who the hell is Cutter? Is anyone ever going to explain how he knows Chloe? Will he ever get with Elena? What else happened while Drake was growing up with Sullivan?

It felt like the story this time around was very rushed and even the ending was far less exciting than in the previous two games, there wasnt even a setpeice that included a boss fight this time, just a short escape setpeice and thats it, and then the story was over.....again, with very little closure except that you know the villians are gone.

Since Im not a big fan of the multiplayer (Played UC2 and both UC3 betas) Im not going to really comment on that, I just dont really like the shoddy hit detection and balancing.
  72. Nov 10, 2011
    Fantastic Game, constant fun throughout the singleplayer with a fantasticly told story and amazing graphics that prove the PS3 is the leading console on the market. The multiplayer is lots of fun, the multiplayer has improved on the last game and made the gameplay smoother, less laggy, and still manages to make the hand combat very, very fun in multiplayer.

And the funniest thing is that

And the funniest thing is that the critics are saying that Uncharted 3 isnt as good as Uncharted 2 cause they didn't change much, well stuff them all cause Call of Duty has changed it formula at all since the first game, and the boring bastards still give em rave reviews.

Uncharted 3 is one of the best games ever played, so get it.
  73. Nov 9, 2011
    I almost considered giving this game a 9 almost on it's story alone, but it's not a movie and cannot be based on one aspect. Those that say this game is perfect or the greatest ever conceived is most likely coming from PS3 fan boys that only consider PS3 only games the only form of video games IMO. This game has it's issues wither it be frustrating gun fights or questionable platforming,I almost considered giving this game a 9 almost on it's story alone, but it's not a movie and cannot be based on one aspect. Those that say this game is perfect or the greatest ever conceived is most likely coming from PS3 fan boys that only consider PS3 only games the only form of video games IMO. This game has it's issues wither it be frustrating gun fights or questionable platforming, yet this doesn't take away to much from the great experience you will get by playing this game. I will say the complete story just didn't have the same amazing experience that the second one gave me, which I consider to be the best of the series and also why I gave it a lower score.

You need to buy this game though I also feel that Batman Arkham City should be Game of the Year!!! at least so far.

Also.....what kind of enemy runs directly into you line of fire or goes down to cover when he is still completely exposed, the A.I. in the game is questionable in a lot of areas of Uncharted 3
  74. Nov 10, 2011
    This game like any other games has its probelms, but make these minor issue a overrated contradiction to the good points this game excelled at would be preposterous. The games storyline is as rich and beautiful as the graphics that Naughty Dog has developed. The gameplay mechanics is as smooth as ever inviting me back to the game for multiplayer long after me and Drakes adventure ends.This game like any other games has its probelms, but make these minor issue a overrated contradiction to the good points this game excelled at would be preposterous. The games storyline is as rich and beautiful as the graphics that Naughty Dog has developed. The gameplay mechanics is as smooth as ever inviting me back to the game for multiplayer long after me and Drakes adventure ends. Overall 9.7/10* Expand
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing game! One jaw dropping moment after another. The game is fluid, and every chapter has a new and vibrant setting. The shoot out scenes have been getting progressively better every Uncharted Released. Excellent story telling. Must Buy!
  76. Nov 10, 2011
    Just finished Uncharted 3, so how was it?

Just finished Uncharted 3, so how was it?

Good, damn good. But it could have been better. For readers who haven't played the series before, think of a cross between Tomb Raider & Indiana Jones. A delightful mix of perfectly-timed comedic lines with tons of action and suspenseful drama to keep you on the edge of your season. However, as trustworthy as a well oiled machine can be, that doesn't mean there can't be room for improvement. Listen, the game was damn good, so i'll focus more on the negative aspects of the game. For the most part its the "waves" of enemies. I've read before complaints about boss battles, but wave after wave of enemy gets boring. Add to that still more of an on rails feeling, not nearly as bad as Call of Duty or other high end action games, but enough for me to button mash climbing objects or running from point A to B.

I also wish there were multiple ways to beat puzzles, climb objects, defeat enemies. Give me some more RPG elements that give the game more depth and it would be damn near perfect. Yes, the controls sometimes still feel clunky as well, but if you use the cover system to your advantage and stay patient, it'll work out smooth. Especially with the aiming issue being addressed. And honestly that's it. There are TONS of additional treasures to find that add a smaller open world feeling to the game and a largely expanded multiplayer experience too boot. Other than that it's that good ol' Uncharted feeling, damn near perfected, which is what makes this game so great. While it's certainly not perfect, it's absolutely one of my GOTY contenders and one of the best PlayStation 3 games to date. 9/10
  77. Nov 10, 2011
    Not a major step up from Uncharted 2. But honestly, to top a game that was one of the best games I've personally ever played... it's a big accomplishment. The game has some of the most astounding cinematic scenes in gaming, an amazing story, an amazing score, great gameplay and a surprisingly very good multiplayer. You won't want the cut scenes to end, and you'll have a blast playingNot a major step up from Uncharted 2. But honestly, to top a game that was one of the best games I've personally ever played... it's a big accomplishment. The game has some of the most astounding cinematic scenes in gaming, an amazing story, an amazing score, great gameplay and a surprisingly very good multiplayer. You won't want the cut scenes to end, and you'll have a blast playing through the game itself. Expand
  78. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing game that must be owned if you own a PS3. Great Experience. The game is like a movie from start to finish, and its fun to go back and replay everything.
  79. Nov 10, 2011
    In french : (same maker of the game ;-) ) Franchement excellent au niveau graphisme, mise en scéne et action.
    perso je trouve que le rythme des 5 premiers chapitre n'est pas au top ... Aprés 10/10 ! Bien joué les Dogs ! on en redemandent Merci
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    exelent game graphics are amazing,single player is extremlly fun but multiplayer is a bit hard, after you play multiplayer you will became pro, also co-op is fun too if you play with your friends
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    The best game ever I've played. Graphic, music, singplayer, multiplayer, coop. Story in SP is amazing, better than uncharted 2 story, amazing A / V. THIS GAME IS JUST AMAZING!!!. Game of the year. Better than Batman AC, Deus Ex HR, better than everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  82. Nov 14, 2011
    I was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received forI was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received for lasting appeal just because of the tacked on MP. I personally would rent the title in hindsight, have your fun and move on. Alternatively wait for the platinum release which will be much cheaper. Great game but not a 10 ever. There is no innovation from the previous 2 games and it is too short hence my decent 7 score. Expand
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    Just fantastic...! The music and the background is just remarkable. I do not have words for how fantastic this game is. I never get tired from playing this, nor the two previous Uncharted games! Game Of The YEAR!?!
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is awesome. The story is great, the graphic is the best and the gameplay and melee is just superb. This game deserves the praise it is getting. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't just give out perfect 10's lightly. You are hooked from beginning to end! A must own.
  85. Nov 10, 2011
    A masterclass in game development. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is one of the best games of this generation, featuring the best singleplayer campaign money can buy.
    A story that not only makes you care about the characters but invests you in their cause, unbelievably epic action set pieces, genuine emotion, humour, all wrapped in the best graphics on the PS3 - hell, on any platform - this is the reason I play games. The multiplayer is fun, addictive, and constantly rewarding. You can customise the way you play in every conceivable way, whether it's giving your character a top hat or adding faster reload mods to your weapons. Jump into co-op mode with a few friends, and prepare to have an absolute blast. Choose from 5 levels, reworked from areas of the singleplayer campaign and featuring their own story, or play co-op arena, which has you surviving for 10 rounds against constantly advancing swarms of enemies. Co-op in Uncharted is up with there with the best on ANY platform - and as an added bonus, you can play all these modes offline in splitscreen. Sweet.
    Uncharted 3 is the complete package. Forget all the other games out there, there's only one game you need to buy this winter. Yet again, kudos to developer Naughty Dog for raising the bar to dizzying new heights.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Incredible. An absolute must buy. If you have never purchased an Uncharted game, then you may want to play the first before attempting this. The graphics are incredible. The controls are as tight as always. The game runs by story, and though there are a few plots that seem to go no where, the focus here is Nathan and Sully. Buy this game!!!!!!!!!
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    Awesome game. I have not had the time to play it myself, but I have watched my wife play through most of it and it is like playing through a fun action movie. I did play the multiplayer beta, and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing this some myself when I have some time, and when I can steal it away from my wife!
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    1st Mario, then Zelda, then came GTA and Halo. All exceptional junctures in gaming. Presently there's the Uncharted series. Altogether each and every episode (1 - 3) acquire and irresistible fascination. Perfect story telling, pacing, gameplay make each of these irresistible. A true pinnacle of gaming.
  89. Nov 21, 2011
    This game was simply put, AMAZING! I am biased because I fell in love with the first Uncharted and it would have been hard to sway me on any future titles BUT there are several components to this game which have never been incorporated in any other game developed...EVER. Simply put, this was the best Uncharted of the series. The story and plot were similar to the previous titles. DrakeThis game was simply put, AMAZING! I am biased because I fell in love with the first Uncharted and it would have been hard to sway me on any future titles BUT there are several components to this game which have never been incorporated in any other game developed...EVER. Simply put, this was the best Uncharted of the series. The story and plot were similar to the previous titles. Drake is basically the unluckiest man ever created in gaming and also the luckiest all in one package. This guy goes through hell and back! Play, love it, and play it again. Expand
  90. Nov 12, 2011
    Ok...this is getting old, it was bad enough 12 year old CoD fanboys were rating BF3 down, now they are rating this game down, and it's not even the same game, BlackRabbits is guilty of this! Anyways, awesome game, great theatrical experience from start to finish. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to get this game.
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    Good game, uncharted 1.75, overshadowed by the masterpiece that was uncharted 2. Good - better melee system, beautiful graphics, Bad - average storyline as apposed to uc 2 which had twists and was much more humorous.
    Ugly - you have to shoot enemies many times before they are killed.
  92. ZeV
    Nov 13, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is an awesome game that every PS3 owners must have ! Graphicaly it's stunning,the storyline is brilliant and each characters are really deep ! This is the best PS3 game ever to date and at any level !
    Naughty Dog is also the best PS3 developpers !
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    A beautifully crafted game with a cast of familiar characters, once again succeeds in what made Uncharted the games they are today. Its high points definitely out way its low.
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Game is good. fun online but must be a fan of third person... haven't played the single player but all the people ive talked to liked it and the co-op if fun.
  95. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is probably the most perfect game this year for me.. It has everything that you need to have.. However I felt like the storyline is too simple yet Uncharted 2 has better and deeper story. The trailer for U3 ggot me excited but the game itself doesn't excite me as much as the trailer. After all this game was brilliant and it is my game of the year..
  96. Dec 10, 2011
    Before i said anything please support uncharted @ http://www.spike.com/shows/video-game-awards, this is the best game i have ever played so far. The cinematics is great the, story is great, everything i hope ,it win goty.
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the charactersUncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the characters usually lacking in the wooden one dimensional people that normally populate video game land. Where 2 was a jaw dropping kick up the arschenholler for most developers, I feel that 3 does'nt quite hit the same high tide mark. I loved the steady build of London and the excellent Drake as a youth levels. Something didnt quite just click. The graphics as to be expected of Naughty Dog were exceptional, but the usually well fleshed out enemies were missing. The Helen Mirren baddie wasnt explained enough, nor her underling. Though he looked suspiciously like the English bloke from 2. For all the spectacle, and it was spectacular, I felt that some of the heart was missing. Cutter, who was great, disappeared in the second act along with Chloe. Elena barely made an entrance. It seemed that in the early part of the game, puzzles were abundant and a definate refinement over previous efforts, but beyond that they disappeared totally. Gunplay was a bit wonky with the cover mechanic being hit and miss at best. Also the fact that enemies know where you are, even if they cant have possibly seen you in cover, but pour masses of fire onto you anyway was a bit lame. It also felt like it was all over a bit to soon, and lacked a real climax ( the escape from the collapsing city was was awesome visually) it just lacked a bit of occasion as i didnt really care about the baddies or know enough about them. Overall a good entry but not what i was hoping for after the second one. Expand
  98. Nov 11, 2011
    it is cinematic, amazing, looks wonderful, has one of the best scripts of any game or movie around. as good, if not better than any of the other uncharted games.
  99. Dec 5, 2011

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]