8.3

1. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is **** horrible the worst game of the uncharted series. The story is paper thin and becomes rubbish at the end. The characters I got to say **** Charlie Cutter he is a whiney pathetic oaf throughout this horrendous garbage also it is worse than Indiana Jones Temple of doom.
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    To start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it'sTo start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it's cover but still) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception and as the title suggests (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets infact, indeed, indubitably, deceived. But in all the other Uncharted games (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets deceived then shouldn't it be more like: Uncharted Drake's Deception, Uncharted 2 Drake's Deception again, Uncharted 3 Drake you F*@#$^% idiot. But unfortunately this is the least of the game's problems because to be completely honest the best part about this game is the title screen infact I would rather just stare at the title screen for 6 1/2 hours then play this game for about just as long. But next I'll get the few good things about this thing out, the main theme is good all of the other music I can't remember but the main theme is good, the characters are generic but there not annoying or stupid... so better that then Last of Us, and also the graphics in the actual cutscenes are okey. But anything else ranges from bad to just plain garbage. I'll start with the story and... it's basically the same as the other Uncharted games, I'ld go more in depth but I don't want to have to click that contains spoilers box and I already have done quite a lot but what ever there's plenty more garbage that Naughty Dog dished out so don't worry about it. The control is just plain bad, it's infact so bad that I didn't even want to think that this game was a first party. What do I mean by this well firstly Nathan Drake who (SPOILERS!!!) is the main character of the game only jumps when he fricken feels like it, and you can't even imagine how annoying this is in a game like this when you are trying your best just to get Nathan to do a little kindergardener jump but instead he just head bangs like he's at a Nirvana concert. He also runs into invisible walls half the time when there's a cliff and the other half he just slips off like an idiot and goes plummeting to his death. Also for the fact that when your not aiming a gun the camera moves around like it's on speed, but once you aim a gun the camera then moves around like it's... well off of speed. And since the control is goins so much into the gameplay I might as well just go full in. So in terms of gameplay there are actually a lot of different kinds... of course they can't get any of them right though. First the swimming I hope you thought that Ocarina of Time was the best swimming was ever going to get because in Uncharted 3 it's worse. By this I mean that basically when you first start out in Ocarina of Time and when you first try to swim well imagine that except more stiff and a million people shooting instakill grenades at you. Then there is the climbing which just like the jumping only works when it feels like it. Some times the segments are as easy as spamming X while holding up and sometimes they just don't work and force you to exhaust every possible option until finally you get it right. But you know what the best part is? it's when you try to jump to something that seems obvious to get on but when you jump to them you go falling to your death again. Then there is of course the walk around like an idiot for 10 minutes to elongate gameplay while searching for something or just walking in a straight line. Oh but before I get to the actual combat I have to get to one of the best parts of the game... in game cutscenes. Oh my god are they hilarious because not only does the game begin to look worse while in these cutscenes but they also decide to give Nathan and (SPOILERS) Sully the ability to teleport into a completely different position durning one of these and then teleport back like nothing ever happened. Then the big one the fighting mechanics. First of all the melee combat, I will say it's not completely a cutscene but it's a button masher and a bad one at that. You can also apparently kill enemies by landing on them but it never worked for me except for the first level. The shooting as I mentioned before is very stiff and there have been times where I had to follow an enemy across the screen because the cursor moved like a slug. But of course with all of that obviously you should be assaulted by ten thousand responding enemies who can take sniper bullets to the head right. Well no but it's in the game anyway. But by far the worst part of the game is the fricken RPG's, because not only are they an instakill but they also will send Nathan into an omg something exploded remotely close to me animation if it explodes anywhere near you. And of course there are armored guys that take 200 hits to kill and can't be meleed. So in the end this game isn't worth a 10/10. Expand
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    I was a huge fan of the first game in the series but I just thought that this one didn't quite take the same jump in quality than I would've expected in this franchise and from this particular developer.
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    Upon playing the Dessert level I was reminiscent of being a kid and watching Benchmark demos back in the day, getting a glimpse of the future of gaming, and being in awe of the footage I was watching. This game surpassed some of those demos for me, and at certain points it was unreal to me that I was actually playing a video game.

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and the water floating back and forth on the surface as the rain poured down, took my breath away. Climbing on the walls of a ship, not knowing which way is up was disorienting and intriguing. Chasing someone through the corridors of an old town and seeing the care that has gone into the polygons in the background is one of the things that truly separates Uncharted 3 from the competition. The game as a whole consists of so many beautiful moments, both in regards to the the story and the presentation.

Combining elements of regret, loyalty, and adventure. The story is about a man with an unclear motivation, on a pursuit of buried secrets of the past, and the narrative builds around how his ambitions affect the people around him, allowing the player to get involved in the characters, and relate to them, which is unusually deep for a video game.

Naughty Dog as a studio has grown so much in the last years, and they have accomplished most of the challenges they have bestowed upon themselves for this game. Some have claimed the game is too cinematic and linear, but considering that it's what the Adventure genre has always been about, it's kind of like saying a comedy film made you laugh too much. In truth, the Uncharted series doesn't really do much that hasn't been done before, but rather builds upon the best elements of gaming and perfects it - taking it to a whole other level. Although not the same leap forward as Uncharted 2, the game is certainly not any less ambitious. And to say that this game has succeeded my expectations would be an understatement.
  5. Oct 3, 2012
    I gave Uncharted 2 a top ten. This sequel though had the worst story. They dropped the ball way to many times during gameplay. You couldn't feel anything for the characters, non of the new characters got properly introduced. The game ended like **** everything was just ****
  6. Oct 23, 2012
    A masterpiece in the world of gaming. Don't listen to any of the negative reviews. Those idiots prefer CoD or some other crap, and they clearly haven't even played the game themselves. Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece of a game and is a gorgeous cinematic experience that stands out from the cliched cinematics used today.

I can honestly say that the Uncharted Trilogy is the only fantastic

I can honestly say that the Uncharted Trilogy is the only fantastic trilogy of games aside from Mass Effect. These two trilogies show that gaming is a form of art just like cinema.
  7. Nov 8, 2011
    What a shame when 360fanboys are trolling UC3 user score,maybe its because they have got no games to play on xbox or the fact UC3 has been nominated for game of the year,but whats worse is even Metacritic have also resorted to only accepting low score reviews and ignoring all the 10/10 scores just so their 360 can look good.

Uncharted 3 is getting perfect scores for a reason,its amazing

Uncharted 3 is getting perfect scores for a reason,its amazing and really is the best game this gen.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    Perfect from beginning to end, the pace is flawless. The graphics are the best in this generation, nothing comes close to the quality and presentation, Batman Arkam City comes close, but U3 has the edge. I think Naughty Dog did an exceptional job, and Im not even mentioning the multiplayer and Coop content, its a full package, worth every penny. Dont let this one pass, its an EXPERIENCEPerfect from beginning to end, the pace is flawless. The graphics are the best in this generation, nothing comes close to the quality and presentation, Batman Arkam City comes close, but U3 has the edge. I think Naughty Dog did an exceptional job, and Im not even mentioning the multiplayer and Coop content, its a full package, worth every penny. Dont let this one pass, its an EXPERIENCE you have to live. Expand
  9. Apr 22, 2013
    A prime, worthy follow up to Uncharted 2. God damn, this is a good game. Everything that could have gone right has gone right in his game. The story is compelling as phuck, the gameplay is well-improved and these characters are going to stay implanted in my memory until I am on my deathbed.
  10. Jan 6, 2014
    Uncharted 2 and 3 are some of the greatest video games ever made especially from a cinematic point of view. The puzzles and fights are just as fun. The only thing I can say is if you love the Indiana Jones movies...give these games a try especially if you enjoyed Tomb Raider and some shooters now and then. Both of those game features are the meat and potatoes of Uncharted. Did I mentionUncharted 2 and 3 are some of the greatest video games ever made especially from a cinematic point of view. The puzzles and fights are just as fun. The only thing I can say is if you love the Indiana Jones movies...give these games a try especially if you enjoyed Tomb Raider and some shooters now and then. Both of those game features are the meat and potatoes of Uncharted. Did I mention the simple yet great stories they tell? Simply very well done stuff that should not be missed. Expand
  11. Feb 14, 2012
    Drake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall theDrake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall the game a great buy for a PS3 owner. 9.25/10 Expand
  12. Nov 8, 2011
    It won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with theirIt won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with their beauty, with the only graphical flaws being the awful shadows (relative to PC graphics). Facial animations not only look beautiful, but convince you that the characters are real human beings. The gameplay this time around has a more weighty feel to it and Drake is a bit more unwieldy to control. Whether or not you like this change is up to you, as I personally feel like Drake is more human and adds a bit of welcome challenge to the game. If you have ever played Killzone 2 and 3, imagine that in reverse as Killzone 3 removed the gravity effect but Uncharted 3 adds it. Otherwise, everything else about this game is impeccable. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to purchase this game as soon as possible. Expand
  13. Feb 15, 2012
    A bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces toA bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces to complement and enhance the game, Uncharted 3 seems built simply to take you from one ridiculous stunt to the next, which is exciting, but a bit shallow. Multiplayer also takes a step back as well, with what I would refer to as gimmicks added for the casual player. Kickbacks and loadouts are two new additions that do nothing but hold the game back for me. All that said, the game is still enjoyable for sure, with a thrilling single player that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    It's amazing how they created another masterpiece in the Uncharted universe. The single player is engaging, exciting and never show any dull moment. You'l have one hell of an adrenaline-rush when you finaly reach the last level, so that'll you'll be begging for more! ... The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, so you'll definitely come back for more! ... One thing though,... sometimes you'llIt's amazing how they created another masterpiece in the Uncharted universe. The single player is engaging, exciting and never show any dull moment. You'l have one hell of an adrenaline-rush when you finaly reach the last level, so that'll you'll be begging for more! ... The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, so you'll definitely come back for more! ... One thing though,... sometimes you'll want to take cover but the game will put you on the opposite wall instead, meaning your demise. It can give you a moment of pain, but that'll soon be over with the game's regular checkpoints. ... In the end, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is awesome. It's a ride you'll want to take. Expand
  15. Feb 4, 2012
    What more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have notWhat more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have not played this and the last 2 games SHAME ON YOU ! Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2012
    Great game as always. If you liked the other games in the series you'll love this game. The only reason I am not giving it a 10 is because I don't feel like they upgraded the graphics from Uncharted 2 (not that it exactly needed to), it just would've been nice to see.
  17. Oct 4, 2012
    Uncharted 3 transcends the the popcorn blockbluster flair of its predecessors, to become a deeply compelling, introspective story which features arguably the greatest plot in a video game this generation. Mulitplayer is also better than ever and more robust in every facet.
  18. USG
    Nov 18, 2011
    This game has arguably the best story out of all three installments by far. The story is nothing short of fantastic or beautiful. Otherwise, not much is to be said in terms of gameplay as it's nearly identical to the previous titles. Multiplayer is quite an enjoyable aspect, especially to those who are interested in the feature but moderately beats Uncharted 2.
  19. Dec 23, 2011
    I'm torn between giving this an 8 and a 9. In many ways it's the superior of both UC and UC2, and yet despite amazing polished, it somehow doesn't feel finished, aspects feel rushed and the controls are not always what they should be. It's almost like they needed a bit more time to perfect things prior to release. I think the multiplayer is better than its ever been, but I'm moreI'm torn between giving this an 8 and a 9. In many ways it's the superior of both UC and UC2, and yet despite amazing polished, it somehow doesn't feel finished, aspects feel rushed and the controls are not always what they should be. It's almost like they needed a bit more time to perfect things prior to release. I think the multiplayer is better than its ever been, but I'm more interested in the single player. Multiplayer cooperative is much more challenging than it was previously, which is a good thing. It's my favorite UC game is most respects, I want to give it a 10 but think 9 is more honest. Expand
  20. Nov 9, 2011
    If you are going to be buying a title for Xmax, this surely has to be it. Simply immense from the outset to the end in single player, and fantastic fun in Multiplayer too.

If you thouhght Uncharted 2 was perfection, this just raises the bar even further... Other games on other systems are a full gaming generation behind where this series is right now.
  21. Jul 1, 2013
    This was my introduction to the Uncharted series. My jaw was literally dropping throughout a good portion of this game. Naughty Dog is definitely pushing the limits of gaming. I felt like I was transported into an Indiana Jone movie. I play a lot of video games but this was a truly unique experience.

I have a few minor gripes about the game play but I can't in good conscience lower the rating for those. It's a pretty good sign when the biggest complaint I can come up with is that I wished it was longer. I played on hard difficulty and found it to be more than enough of a challenge. Bravo! I will definitely be buying more games from Naughty Dog.
  22. Aug 2, 2013
    The is in my opinion the best Uncharted yet. From a technical perspective this game is near-flawless. These are some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the facial and character animations are so lifelike that at times it looks like you're controlling a real-life person. The game still features the same awesome voice actors and the soundtrack is as always fantastic. The story mode isThe is in my opinion the best Uncharted yet. From a technical perspective this game is near-flawless. These are some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the facial and character animations are so lifelike that at times it looks like you're controlling a real-life person. The game still features the same awesome voice actors and the soundtrack is as always fantastic. The story mode is the best yet, with an emotional story focusing on Drake and Sully's bond and a look into Drake's past. It also features some of the series most memorable set pieces. The gameplay is still awkward at times, with gunplay feeling stiffer than in previous entries, but everything still feels smooth enough to keep you glued to your controller. Melee combat has taken some great steps forward, featuring environmental takedowns and a handy counter-attack system that allows you to juggle multiple goes with ease. Platforming is still fun and is occasionally smoothly tied into a combat encounter. So the campaign is the best this series has offered yet, the multiplayer takes somewhat of a step back. There's nothing wrong with the multiplayer, it's still a perfectly great time, it's just not as much fun as in Uncharted 2. The stiffer aim is a hindrance to the multiplayer, but never stops it from being an addictive experience. With a great selection of maps as well as a fantastic selection of competitive and co-operative modes Uncharted 3's multiplayer will keep you hooked for countless hours. Drake's Deception is an amazing experience. From the campaign to the multiplayer (both competitive and co-op), Uncharted 3 manages to be a non-stop fun time. It's not only one of the best PS3 games of all time, but it's also just one of the best games of all time. If you haven't played this game yet you're missing out on one of the best video game experiences around. So take my advice and pick up a copy of this game ASAP, you wont regret it. Expand
  23. Sep 2, 2013
    This must be the most overrated game ever, this game isn't even the best in the Uncharted series, being uncharted 2 the only one who deserves nines not even a 10.
  24. Nov 13, 2011
    I actually had a more enjoyable time playing through Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 3 is an excellent sequel to Naughty Dog's best work to date. Everything here is excellent, except the aiming, which has been discussed here and elsewhere on the web. The story was well done, well paced, and wonderfully presented. Somehow ND squeezed an extra bit of graphical umph out of the PS3 for this one.
  25. Dec 29, 2011
    After I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being aAfter I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being a great new addition). Expand
  26. Dec 12, 2011
    Naughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitiveNaughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitive because I was always doing something new. The game even made me laugh, which VERY FEW games have been able to do. I really did feel as if I was playing an Indiana Jones movie or one of my favorite books. I have not played the multiplayer or co-op which I am sure will be fun in their own right, but lets face it, this isn't COD; everyone buys this game for the single-player. I must say, this single-player is one of the best out their. Some of the critics complained it was more of the same, but I say why mess with perfection. If they make ANOTHER great story with MORE exciting scenes, what is to complain about. Yes, the gameplay is similar but I would not want drastically different anything, because why would you stray from the best reviewed ps3 game of all time? I cannot think of one bad thing to complain about, since they added the alternate shooting by listening to the fans. Expand
  27. Dec 9, 2012
    Not quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will beNot quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will be saving all my pennies for the PS4 just simply because Unchartered 4 will be on there. I'm certain that Naughty dog won't disappoint. Been gaming for 30 years and this is my 2nd best game ever. 1st of course is Unchartered 2. Expand
  28. Nov 19, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a mustUncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a must buy it you own a PS3. I'd like to give it an 8.5 (if Metacritic would ever bother with a half point system), but 8 seems too low. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2011
    Surprisingly challenging. Combat is slightly improved over its predecessors - bullets hit harder and Drake has some new melee moves. It's just fun to play all the way around. Naughty Dog is constantly changing up the game play type and surroundings to keep things always feeling fresh and different. A must-own for PS3 enthusiasts.
  30. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is simply amazing. The story: character driven, emotional, and continually surprising. The gameplay: fluid, refined, with exciting mechanics that enhance the story. The presentation: the best visuals around, and the music is fantastic too. Great multiplayer, co-op, and tons of bonus features as well
  32. Mar 5, 2012
    Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story.Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story. Poorly fleshed out villains and a plot that was, well, pretty tacked on. Overall, a great game, but the weakest in the trilogy. One that pales in comparison with its predecessor. Expand
  33. Oct 2, 2012
    I found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This oftenI found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This often leads to frustrating deaths as switching between melee and shooting can be quite cumbersome and you are often left as an easy target. The pacing of the game is also inferior to UC2. Where UC2 ratcheted up the intensity of the action at a consistent pace, leading to a brilliant climax ,UC3 takes quite a while to get going and the first half could only be most favourably described as subdued. When it does get to its most intense chapters there are never quite up to par with UC2 and the game then sloooooows down just before the final chapters to a grinding pace that I found quite misjudged and frustrating. These games are clearly aping the beats of an adventure movie, most noticeably the Indiana Jones series, so why the designers didn't stick as closely to this pacing template is quite confusing. They got it just right the last time, so why not stick to it?
    It also feels shorter than the previous games and has quite a ho-hum finale, and to add to its bland troubles the main baddie of the game is about as exciting as a cardboard flavoured lolly pop. Think a stoned and bored Helen Mirren and you're pretty much there.
    The story isn't bad but it does have a faint smell of repetitive odour and several characters actually question the necessity of the quest, almost as though they've broken the fourth wall and are winking at us. The main cast all return but even their appearances feel somewhat perfunctory, as though they were contractually obliged to return.
    This is not to say the game is without its strengths: It looks absolutely gorgeous, and there are a number of very impressive set pieces, what with the budget undoubtedly being so high. There were a few moments of real emotional connection with the characters, which is rare, and good to see, in action video games. Having spent three games with most of these characters it is nice to see they still have depth and imperfections worth exploring.
    Had this game been released before UC2 I still don't think it would've reached the high scores of that outstanding title, but it would certainly not have been a disappointment in any way as it is certainly superior to the first.
    I did enjoy it but was constantly comparing it to UC2, willing it to be better, but it just never quite got there. I do hope there are more UC titles, but that the next one ups the ante again the way the second one did. This is a game that should be rented rather than bought as there simply isn't enough replay value and the multiplayer, whilst fairly enjoyable, is not good enough to justify a full price purchase.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    I think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The bestI think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The best level design is in Chapter 11. :D Expand
  35. Nov 9, 2011
    It's not the "greatest game ever made" nor any other hyperbole should be used to describe this gem -- what it is, however, is a wonderful action title with stunning graphics (the locales are just gorgeous), wonderful gunplay and a full-fledged multiplayer feature. I believe it's on par with Uncharted 2, which is extremely high praise. Excellent work, Naughty Dog!
  36. Jun 11, 2013
    Easily the best of the 3. The story is amazing... and probably the best so far. There is something that happens at the end that makes you wonder...."What was that?" It makes me very interested for the 4th. Now on to Golden Abyss until The Last of Us comes out. Naughty Dog is definitely the best developer out there.
  37. Nov 14, 2011
    THE MOST BEATIFULL GAME EVER MADE !!! For me personally GAME OF THE YEAR. Pure action-adventure, Indiana Jones of XXI century. Absoletely MUST HAVE on PS3. Also the the main plot of the game is the best of all 3 parts. Sadly it is propably the last part of Uncharted on PS3 but it is worht every money !!!
  38. Dec 12, 2011
    Considering Naughty Dog's track record of fascinating and revolutionary games, Uncharted 3 had a ridiculous amount of people with extremely high expectations to satisfy. Well beyond all belief Naughty Dog has yet again produced a game that will be talked about when we remind ourselves of gaming greats.

Graphics- If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and

Graphics-
    If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and shadows. You won't be as impressed as you should with this game; it runs at 30 FPS, it's 720p and the lighting is good, but we're not playing Crysis here... We're playing Uncharted 3, a game were dust and sand sticks to your character's hair, a game where your clothes will blow in the wind and the water looks real. I have never once let out a short burst of laughter in disbelief before, especially when playing a game. This game changed that. when I saw sand cascade of a sand dune when i got close to the edge, and when I bolted for an exit as a storm of water chased me around the small corridors of a sinking ship, I did let out a breath of disbelief in what I was playâ
  39. Jul 25, 2013
    To be honest, Uncharted 2 has a better story, but that doesn't mean Uncharted 3's story is bad. Both are epic. The gameplay is the same as the previous games, and that's not a bad thing because Uncharted is not released year after year (like Call of Duty). The music is great, and the online is great. A must-own for your PS3 collection.
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great Game, Stayed true to the features that made it memorable in the first place. However, even though I've given this game the highest possible score, I will critique it by copy pasting a passage I read from a critics review not long ago. "Uncharted 3 shows more people and more places, but tells players less. Gamers felt like they knew Nathan Drake at the end of Uncharted 2, at least a little. But by the closing moments of Uncharted 3, after spending 12 or so hours in his shoes, players somehow wind up knowing even less about him than they did at the gameâ Expand
  41. Nov 9, 2011
    It's hard to follow up a game like Uncharted 2. To some degree, the developers did. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a fantastic game with varied gameplay and an overall presentation unmatched by any other franchise. The graphics, story, characters, are incredible, and there are multiple moments in the game when my jaw dropped to the floor. Naughty Dog was able to accomplish a work of artIt's hard to follow up a game like Uncharted 2. To some degree, the developers did. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a fantastic game with varied gameplay and an overall presentation unmatched by any other franchise. The graphics, story, characters, are incredible, and there are multiple moments in the game when my jaw dropped to the floor. Naughty Dog was able to accomplish a work of art that even some Hollywood filmmakers are unable to do. However, when compared to its predecessor, Uncharted 3 doesn't stand as tall. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was a landmark in gaming. The game raised the bar for presentation, and became the new standard for action-adventure games. When your expectations have been raised so high, it's possible that, when going into the sequel, to be a little disappointed. But this game is still worth buying. It is definitely one of the best Playstation 3 games on the market, and the multiplayer and coop will keep you coming back for more. Expand
  42. Jul 31, 2012
    This game has great set pieces that will put most action movies to shame. It's actually jaw dropping at some points. The story is copy and pasted from the second one, unfortunately, and ultimately takes itself waaaaaaayyyyyy too serious. I recall one instance of nathan dramatically struggling in the desert and showing some humanity, and then immediately after fighting off 20 baddies.
  43. Nov 20, 2011
    Love games. Always have. Good time to be a gamer. Especially when there are such strong incentives to own any of the three systems available to the public right now; and I can honestly saying, after playing the entire trilogy - anyone giving this game anything less than a nine is either blind, 12 or craves attention.

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love Forza 4. There is no bias here. Simply put, uncharted 3 is one of the most engrossing experiences you will ever have on a entertainment console. If you own a PS3, you must do yourself justice, and try uncharted 3. Playing the first two are not required, but I think 1 & 2 are impressive, even by today's standards.
  44. Dec 27, 2011
    Usually when you mention the words movie and game in the same sentence, it isn't a good thing. But, for the first time (at least for me) a game managed to have great gameplay and a great storyline.
  45. Mar 6, 2014
    If you like Uncharted Series you will love Uncharted 3, action, great story, beautiful graphics, all in one package, i keep my heart with uncharted 2 as the best of the series but please don't miss this one too
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    Stop looking at these damn reviews already! and BUY THIS GAME! Best game of the series and probably ONE of the best games ever made. Uncharted 3 is a true masterpiece in gaming.
  47. Jul 20, 2012
    mindblowing game its really impressive graphics are amazing the environment look life like Campaign mode packs a tight story with great voice acting and thrills multiplyer mode is why this game deserves a 10 its fantastic multi player mode has so many modes including co-op and frequent online updates with new patches and new modes very happy to get this game :)
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    Uncharted 2 was the best made game so far, now it is Uncharted 3. It has (minor) issues (Shooting felt a bit strange at first, also had some very minor bugs/glitches which is pretty atypical for Naughty Dog quality), but overall it's the best interactive experience there ever was.

The gameplay is fluid, even less emphasizing on shooting (still too much overall). The pacing is perfect

The pacing is perfect (again).
    The voice acting is perfect (again).
    How the story is told is perfect (again).
    The characters are awesome.
    The visual quality is breathtaking.
    The animations are one-of-a-kind in the gaming universe.
    The details are mesmerizing.
    The quality of every aspect of videogame making is miles ahead of any other game out there.
    Scenes inspired by Ico or Journey (Desert) are beyond amazing and nowhere to be found in any other mainstream action game.

Cons: Too short (about 7 hours) - but better too short than too long (which modern games fortunately "get" since some years)
    The enemies in the beginning looked a bit strange (too much of the same suits)
    Some (very) minor bugs (Orchestra starts or stops abruptly in 2 places, a scene "clipped" one time)

And finally the ending in an Uncharted game was as amazing as the other parts of the game (which it wasn't in Uncharted 1 & 2)

Overall, it wasn't a step as it was with Uncharted to Uncharted 2, but that obviously isn't the game's fault. It's just the fact, that Uncharted 2 already was perfect (the end boss aside).
    10 has nothing do with being (completely) "perfect". It shows where it stands in comparison to other games. There isn't any other game which comes close to the quality that Naughty Dog creates.
  49. Nov 8, 2011
    The Uncharted series is prof that we as â
  50. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. And so, the game is passed. I got the game very much. Let's start with the pluses and advantages of the game.
    Compared with the second part was much better graphics, animations, just an excellent, even rumpled clothes on the characters walking. Level design at an altitude of forests and beautiful cities I have not seen even a bare desert looks terrific, with pleasure on her wandering. Level design is made in the game at the highest level of the huge and beautiful, interesting caves. Cinematic in the game is made with more quality, even film can not shoot enough to make up a large chunk of all videos from the game. And most importantly, the plot. In the third part, he has become a major component of the game, and here the history of the past characters and secrets.
    And now about the cons, they unfortunately are.
    The biggest minus for me, which I did as I can not forgive the developers, this is an artificial intelligence of enemies. Or rather complete lack of intelligence. Home and the only tactic the enemy, it's going to break any means at Drake, through the bullets, grenades through, but the main goal of the enemy to come into focus and shoot! They did not on that they can not. The same intelligence is absent and teammates. Basically, they just stand and comment on, or what is happening, or the death of Drake. And so they killed someone, it's just a holiday. A bit repetitive enemies, but not normal, that regularly try to kill Drake and burly, with whom we must fight in close quarters. Of course it was very interesting when the fight was so husky in the bar or on the plane, but when they are found in almost every chapter, it begins to pall. Well, not without its monsters, big hairy gorilla and blue mutants. It is true there were demons, but a huge thanks to developers that they were not long, but not the whole ending of the game. There were technical flaws. Enemies often pass through walls or objects, Drake did not doprygival or not enough for benches. There is yet another disappointment for me. Why is it now a lot of action and too little jumps, acrobatics, rock climbing and adventure.
    That's only because the enemy AI and I lowered the score of the game, other shortcomings, I can forgive, but for a great multiplayer and out of respect for the developers for such an incredible game, I would add one point to the total assessment.
    As a result, 10 points, the game deserves it.
  51. Jan 23, 2013
    Outstanding game. The story and particularly the dialogue has been fine tuned (less cheesy, more natural but still retaining it's original sense of humour) as well as the familiar game play from the series, combined with the mind-blowing visual detail this game continues to raise the bar on previously outstanding titles. Since there's no .5's to award I'll round up a 9.5 to a 10. No gameOutstanding game. The story and particularly the dialogue has been fine tuned (less cheesy, more natural but still retaining it's original sense of humour) as well as the familiar game play from the series, combined with the mind-blowing visual detail this game continues to raise the bar on previously outstanding titles. Since there's no .5's to award I'll round up a 9.5 to a 10. No game is perfect but this comes as close as you can get.

I had some minor issues with the overwhelming waves of enemies but this is more a personal preference rather than bad game design. Having played through on hard I should of expected they would go all out for those hungry for the challenge.

Truly amazing game and the best in the series so far. Naughty Dog not only delivered the finest quality expected from their fans they continue to raise the bar across the board.
  52. Nov 9, 2011
    This is truly a great game, with excellent set pieces, levels, gameplay and everything its just perfect. With small scenes that beat the whole second game and many other games out in the market this game can't be missed and everyone with a PS3 should play it and if you don't have a PS3 you should sell your 360 or Wii for just this game. Truly deserves game of the year over any other gameThis is truly a great game, with excellent set pieces, levels, gameplay and everything its just perfect. With small scenes that beat the whole second game and many other games out in the market this game can't be missed and everyone with a PS3 should play it and if you don't have a PS3 you should sell your 360 or Wii for just this game. Truly deserves game of the year over any other game coming out this year. Expand
  53. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great sequence from Among of Thieves, and comes again with great visuals, outstanding sound and gameplay, the multiplayer become so much better in this title, and close with a golden key the Uncharted series.
  54. Nov 16, 2011
    This is a really good game, and it's definitely worth buying, but just know that it's not as good as Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and sound are all great. The only problem was the repetitive enemies - wave after wave of them, and they all look the same, plus a head shot isn't always an instant kill which got annoying. Would have liked a bit more challenging puzzles. These gripes a sideThis is a really good game, and it's definitely worth buying, but just know that it's not as good as Uncharted 2. The story, graphics and sound are all great. The only problem was the repetitive enemies - wave after wave of them, and they all look the same, plus a head shot isn't always an instant kill which got annoying. Would have liked a bit more challenging puzzles. These gripes a side it is a great game, with some amazing moments, but it is not worthy of a perfect 10. Don't get your hopes up like I did. Expand
  55. Apr 20, 2013
    The difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first beforeThe difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first before gameplay. Play this game on Very Easy for it to be even remotely finishable compared to the previous 2. I'm disappointed Naughty Dog. I love your stuff and the story was great, but the gameplay on this game leaves me not wanting to pick up another ps3 exclusive. Expand
  56. Feb 12, 2012
    Uncharted 3 (along with Uncharted 2) is BY FAR the BEST GAME EVER!!!! Ø
  57. Nov 11, 2011
    One of the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 multiplayer debuted online and it was quite fun and addictive, but with Naughty Dog Uncharted 3 multiplayer led to another level, with the most medals won during the game and our actions, the game seems more fluid and Speed is welcome since it is crucial at certain points, the Buddy System is one of the innovations that have greatly appreciated,One of the best game ever made. Uncharted 2 multiplayer debuted online and it was quite fun and addictive, but with Naughty Dog Uncharted 3 multiplayer led to another level, with the most medals won during the game and our actions, the game seems more fluid and Speed is welcome since it is crucial at certain points, the Buddy System is one of the innovations that have greatly appreciated, and there are treasures to be rewarded by the acquire was very well thought out and brings innovation which is very good in team deathmatch there is the possibility of an extension when the two teams are tied too which is very good, customizable characters and weapons are very important in the game, bringing innovation, among other things that have implemented the new multiplayer are welcome, bringing improvements innovation and long fun.The single player lasts about 10 hours on normal difficulty. The game has many special effects, more than Uncharted 2, making the game even more epic, has a good story, memorable characters, a perfect soundtrack, more puzzles and more difficult, a more dynamic and fluid gameplay. Regarding the gameplay was a lot of changes, mainly in the struggle and in arms and sound the same. The weapons are more difficult to control, but therefore brings greater realism. The scope of the various weapons are weapons of different design and also bringing something new. The story although very good, has some holes, and two characters with us for almost any adventure, then there is a situation and never appear, even at the end. I am sorry that Speed â Expand
  58. Nov 6, 2011
    An enjoyable and well-written thrill ride that dazzles at every turn with astonishing set pieces and phenomenal voice acting. Features plenty of jaw-dropping scenes that put the last 5 years of summer blockbusters to shame. Uncharted 3 also features some of the most dynamic and surprisingly human characters to ever appear in a video game. However, the game does definitely suffer from anAn enjoyable and well-written thrill ride that dazzles at every turn with astonishing set pieces and phenomenal voice acting. Features plenty of jaw-dropping scenes that put the last 5 years of summer blockbusters to shame. Uncharted 3 also features some of the most dynamic and surprisingly human characters to ever appear in a video game. However, the game does definitely suffer from an unshakable sense of deja vu in its final hour which is a shame considering where the scribes at Naughty Dog could have taken the game's stellar story. My only real complaint is that the aiming controls feel strangely stiff compared to the previous two entries. After a period of getting used to the new system this is hardly a problem at all. A truly excellent outing from Naughty Dog. Expand
  59. Dec 23, 2011
    The best Uncharted so far. The visuals are stunning, the plot/story is really good. It feels like a playable movie. The weapons could have been a bit more diversified, but it's a fun and great game!
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    I only play the multiplayer but some ppl tell me the campaign its awesome , the only thing i thought that it was a little bad was shooting in the multiplayer its very hard to control the aim, i know its in 3 person but still its a little hard for ppl who are not used to fps in 3 person. but without that is a AWESOME GAME! Recommended!!
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GOT NO WORD!!! Uc3 has all what it needs to be the best game of all time on anyplatform or pc. Probably deserves game of the year award but it won't get because uc2 2009 year award!!! Expand
  62. May 26, 2012
    The Uncharted series has always proved that shooters don't always have to be about shooting. This game is full of strategy and the visuals are among the most stunning of any game ever.
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    Amazing game. A great sequel to a superb franchise. This game is a theatrical experience that is worth paying $60 for. If you own a PS3 and haven't gotten this game yet, you owe it to yourself to go out and buy it. If you haven't played the other, get those too!
  64. Nov 9, 2011
    this game is best game in 2011 year Uncharted 3 : Story is amazing , Gameplay perfect from London to Sands , Best graphics in this genaration , Multiplayer better than Uncharted 2 with to many new things , Great soundtrack and voices acting , for me Uncharted 3 is game of the year .
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    Definitely not a 10 out of 10 game, but wow! The visuals and set pieces are amazing, along with the voice acting, and I felt that the story was much better in this 3rd installment of the game, however this does not all come without it's faults. Uncharted's greatest weakness is it's gunfights, they are incredibly predictable, drawn out and tiresome. You are constantly put up againstDefinitely not a 10 out of 10 game, but wow! The visuals and set pieces are amazing, along with the voice acting, and I felt that the story was much better in this 3rd installment of the game, however this does not all come without it's faults. Uncharted's greatest weakness is it's gunfights, they are incredibly predictable, drawn out and tiresome. You are constantly put up against ridiculous odds, and repetitive enemies. You will die in this game, a lot. However this was the only fault that I could find in the game, the hand-to-hand combat has been vastly improved. I still regard Uncharted 2 to be the best in the series, it has more locales and far more epic set pieces, it was also a longer game 11 Hrs vs. Uncharted 3's 8Hrs Expand
  66. Nov 8, 2011
    uncharted 3 im so happy naughty dog gave us a game that improved from its sequel def a game of the year but i critic the cutscene when it interrupts the gameplay
  67. Nov 8, 2011
    drake is drakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee perfect game end.........only on playstation;) ok????you understand???????
  68. Nov 8, 2011
    The best 60$ I spent this week. The game is amazing. The perfect mix of blood. sweat, tears and dedication mixed into one. You could tell everyone involved with this masterpiece wanted to create an amazing experience instead of making a quick buck.
  69. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is amazing. As a PC gamer with a powerful computer, this game can visually stand next to even the best looking games on any console including PC. Not only are the visuals amazing, but the voice acting and animation are once again unbelievably perfected. The story is gripping, the relationships are tested, the action is powerful, and puzzles are entertaining. Overall, this is the GOTY.
  70. Nov 8, 2011
    best f***ing game ever. great job once again. From the campaign to the multiplayer , this game is the best. i would recommend uncharted 1, 2, and 3 to anyone.
  71. Nov 8, 2011
    Great game. The graphics are absolutely stunning and the cinematics and gameplay is intense. The story and voice acting was great. There were a few issues such as aiming, but after playing for a while you can get used to it. If you are new to the series I recommend that you pick up this and the first 2 as they are great exclusives for the PS3.
  72. Nov 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is an amazing game but i will agree with a lot of others that it isn't what Uncharted 2 was. Uncharted 3 has great game play and a great cast of characters and i loved seeing Sully in this one from start to finish but sometimes with great characters doesn't come the greatest story. The story was really impressive through most of the game but one thing that irritates me is there were stuff in the story that were not explained in previous/current game(s). Like Elena and Drake with the ring, i know to some its small but when i'm a huge fan of the series i want all the details in the game or experience them within the game. Other than that i loved this game and i hope Naughty Dog can bring us another great game soon. Expand
  73. Nov 10, 2011
    EPIC EPIC EPIC!!!! This is probably the best game I've ever played. There are moments in the campaign where I literally almost dropped the controller in awe.. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on a console.. hands down. The action sequences.. oh my sweet lord, the action sequences!!! I have never played a game with better action sequences than Uncharted 3. I feel like I'm aEPIC EPIC EPIC!!!! This is probably the best game I've ever played. There are moments in the campaign where I literally almost dropped the controller in awe.. The graphics are the best I've ever seen on a console.. hands down. The action sequences.. oh my sweet lord, the action sequences!!! I have never played a game with better action sequences than Uncharted 3. I feel like I'm a main character in a hollywood blockbuster when I play. Its really amazing the things that are in this game. I won't spoil it for you.. if you want to see just go watch a trailer or something. This game is a 10 Expand
  74. Nov 9, 2011
    A very very good game and a must own for ps3 owners.
    while not as good as uncharted 2 its still a fantastic game and a another reason to own a ps3
    dont liston to the fake reviews (trolls , cod fanboys , batman fanboys , battlefield fanboys or xbox fanboys)
  75. Nov 10, 2011
    This game's multiplayer alone sh!ts on almost every other game. The graphics are better than Killzone 3's graphics. The voice acting is top notch. AND it sold 3.8 million copies in its first day. BUY THIS GAME!!!
  76. Nov 9, 2011
    Honestly one of the greatest experiences i have ever had playing a game. Nolan North and crew once again pull off performances that put movie actors to shame. The writing was top notch and all though some bits of plot were not tied up at the end of the game, the overall story was incredible. Nothing needs to be said about the graphics or game play because this is the Uncharted franchiseHonestly one of the greatest experiences i have ever had playing a game. Nolan North and crew once again pull off performances that put movie actors to shame. The writing was top notch and all though some bits of plot were not tied up at the end of the game, the overall story was incredible. Nothing needs to be said about the graphics or game play because this is the Uncharted franchise were talking about everyone knows what to expect. I just cant explain enough of how great of a game this is. People can troll all they want but, i bet they would change their minds if they actually just sat down and played this masterpiece for 10 minutes because that is all it will take. Expand
  77. Nov 9, 2011
    Amazing game, it does fail to innovate the gameplay further into the series, but why fix something that isn't broken to begin with?

Fun multiplayer which wont cater to everyone, but has a lot to offer if you do enjoy it. Singleplayer is top notch and the best anyone can get. Anyone who loves games should play through Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 for the enjoyment and excitement that it brings.

It's not the greatest game ever, but it does help continue to help build what Uncharted is, an amazing franchise.
  78. Nov 9, 2011
    Best video game franchise ever created. Truly lives up to it's expectation especially after all the success off of Uncharted 2. The story telling is nothing less than stellar where the game truly plays out like a movie. I can't wait till what Naughty Dog comes out with next!
  79. Nov 9, 2011
    imo better than uncharted 2. everything in the gameplay has been refined, for example, throwing back grenades, and the melee combat, which is actually fun this time around. the story is also a lot better, tighter and easier to follow. the set pieces are fantastic, as are the characters, the visuals are the best of any game on any console, as is the sound and production values....thisimo better than uncharted 2. everything in the gameplay has been refined, for example, throwing back grenades, and the melee combat, which is actually fun this time around. the story is also a lot better, tighter and easier to follow. the set pieces are fantastic, as are the characters, the visuals are the best of any game on any console, as is the sound and production values....this campaign is just perfectly placed and is a blast to play through multiple times. Multiplayer is also alot better this time around because it gives you a better sense of progression...and of course the co-op is fun as hell. usually i hate playing online, but i actually dug this multiplayer and co-op. all in all a great overall package
    some issues: sometimes drakes movements are a little awkward, 1 or 2 spots in the campaign where the firefights are a bit too long, sometimes enemies seem to sense you even when you are not spotted....aside from this small flaws, this game is just awesome.
  80. Nov 10, 2011
    A very thrilling game with dynamic set pieces and a blockbuster story. The difficulty spikes at times due to cheap enemy encounters but overall one of the best games of the year. It does not truly top its predecessor but still fantastic.
  81. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is my favorite since 2009's Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is beyond amazing and deserves the purchase. The reason why I give it a 9 is because the graphics just didn't really shock me like Uncharted 2 was, and the story just wasn't as good in my opinion. I mean don't get me wrong, the story was amazing! but the characters seem more developed in Uncharted 2. The game is short too, thatThis game is my favorite since 2009's Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is beyond amazing and deserves the purchase. The reason why I give it a 9 is because the graphics just didn't really shock me like Uncharted 2 was, and the story just wasn't as good in my opinion. I mean don't get me wrong, the story was amazing! but the characters seem more developed in Uncharted 2. The game is short too, that is also another reason why I drop the rating. In the end, if you don't have this game, I don't know what you're doing here. Go out and buy this game! it is a must buy for any PS3 owner! Expand
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    Masterpiece. It is one of them game , to , me that is like a fine piece of art. I hope this game does well in the market, because i would hate for this series to fall out of the loop especially to games like MMW 3.
  83. Nov 10, 2011
    A must play game! Love the new additions in the game and hand to hand combat is fun you can pick up almost anything near by you and hit the enemy with it. A lot of FUN!! Well done Naughty Dog!
  84. Nov 10, 2011
    This is literally the best game of this generation! I already beat it twice once for the experience and the second for the trophies. Now I'm on my third play through on crushing for the PLATINUM!!! the most fun Ive had earning a plat for a game
  85. Dec 28, 2011
    Same at Uncharted 2, epic history. Developers make progress with graphic, have better textures and better AA, named MLAA. Locations are awesome with lots of details. Multiplayer same situation at U2, its just booring after long playing. So i not give a 10/10 but 9/10. Ohh and is a must have for every PS3 Player :P.
  86. Nov 10, 2011
    Incredible at every turn. This game took what we love about Uncharted and just expanded it in every way. The story seems to start with the same old "Race to the treasure" feel the other two had. (Which isn't a bad thing, theyre both incredible games). But along the way the story branches out and gets you more invested in the characters. Over the top action... Check. Witty dialogue betweenIncredible at every turn. This game took what we love about Uncharted and just expanded it in every way. The story seems to start with the same old "Race to the treasure" feel the other two had. (Which isn't a bad thing, theyre both incredible games). But along the way the story branches out and gets you more invested in the characters. Over the top action... Check. Witty dialogue between characters... Check
    Enormous sets... Check
    This is one of those games that, for me, is the reason to play games.
  87. Nov 10, 2011
    PERFECTION! from the single to multiplayer, everything is on another level to other games avaiable.
    A NEW STANDARD HAS BEEN SET! would love the campaign to be longer thou:)
  88. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is amazing! Graphics are incredible, story is awesome, and the way everything is put together is stunning. A+ for sure, and I am only talking about the single player portion of the game. NaughtyDog brings it again, and should be up for another Game of the Year award.
  89. Oct 26, 2012
    Graphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences wereGraphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences were also better in UC2. Drakes Deception is better than Drakes Fortune but not as good as Among Thieves. Expand
  90. Nov 10, 2011
    The Best game I ever played!!! Amazing graphics, great gameplay, epic soundtrack, awesome story, top-notch voice acting, and improved multiplayer. This has to be one of the contenders for game of the year. 10/10
  91. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is a great and beautiful game with a lot of action and stunning visuals. The multiplayer is really fun and addicting. The game is great for fans and newcomers to the series. I haven't own my own copy of uncharted 3 or any of the games, but the game and its story is not a disappointment. . Expand
  92. Feb 15, 2013
    I am a huge fan of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it. The characters were great and the pacing of the single-player was perfect. The co-op and multiplayer efforts were great too and I enjoyed playing them with my friends. Two years after its release, Naughty Dog release a sequel, Uncharted 3. Of course, I was pumped and of course, the game isI am a huge fan of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and it absolutely blew my mind when I played it. The characters were great and the pacing of the single-player was perfect. The co-op and multiplayer efforts were great too and I enjoyed playing them with my friends. Two years after its release, Naughty Dog release a sequel, Uncharted 3. Of course, I was pumped and of course, the game is superb. The single-player, co-op and multiplayer are all top-notch and head and shoulders above their competition and anybody looking to buy this game because they loved its predecessor, go ahead and purchase it right away. There is one flaw with the game, though and it sticks out for people who have played the last game. The last several chapters of the single-player are WAY too familiar and they used the same plot-structure from Uncharted 2. I won't spoil anything, but I could basically make an equation out of Uncharted 2's last several chapters and it would fit perfectly with this game. That's a problem, considering how great Uncharted 2's story was and I was expecting something even greater from its sequel. Overall, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is still a superb game and fans of the series, PS3 owners and action game enthusiasts should purchase it right away. Expand
  93. Nov 10, 2011
    One of the best and most beautiful games I have ever played. Some times I had to stop and just admire the surroundings; is like being actually in those exotic locations. The games feels so much like a movie and the controls are so smooth that it will make you let go the controller to make sure you are controlling Nate. Definitely a 10 out of 10. If you haven't bought it yet... do it. It'sOne of the best and most beautiful games I have ever played. Some times I had to stop and just admire the surroundings; is like being actually in those exotic locations. The games feels so much like a movie and the controls are so smooth that it will make you let go the controller to make sure you are controlling Nate. Definitely a 10 out of 10. If you haven't bought it yet... do it. It's worth every penny. Expand
  94. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is not just a game but a true masterpiece in the gaming world which is a must have title for all owners of the PS3. This game deserves the praise it is getting.
  95. Dec 29, 2011
    Uncharted 3's biggest problem is that all of it's competition tries to improve and expand as a sequel, Uncharted plays it safe and does alter the game too much. Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, especially to Uncharted fans like me, but I think that Uncharted 4 should change up the formula and try to be as memorable as Uncharted 2 was. 9.5/10
  96. Nov 10, 2011
    This game makes Hollywood looks like a you-tube fanmade low budget movies.This game got it all, the graphics are out of this world gameplay very well done and story brilliant that you will never see it coming!!A must own game for every PS3 Owner out there.
  97. Nov 10, 2011
    this game is amazing. Better than UC2 IMO. It builds on what UC2 did right and improves the game-play by further expanding the formula. it is a little shorter than the second installment but it is worth every penny. I guarantee satisfaction
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    The follow up to one of the greatest games of all time (UC2) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception does not disappoint. One of the greatest story campaigns I personally have ever played. Multiplayer is top notch and extremely fun and balanced. Graphics and there is nothing that comes close to this game on consoles
  99. Nov 10, 2011
    Uncharted 3 was one of the greatest video games I have ever played. From the graphics to the gameplay. Everything was top notch. The characters seemed believable and the awesome story mode made me want to not turn it off. I was at the edge of my seat as I was hanging from a cliff or falling out of a plane.
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    Overall, U3 is not perfect. The linear gameplay makes way for its strengths and weaknesses: cinematic and technological advances with tight level design versus gamer choice, and less challenge. What remains though, is still the pinnacle of the modern console: an engineered experience. This is a one of a kind game that cannot be recommended more. Some might argue that Among Thieves is theOverall, U3 is not perfect. The linear gameplay makes way for its strengths and weaknesses: cinematic and technological advances with tight level design versus gamer choice, and less challenge. What remains though, is still the pinnacle of the modern console: an engineered experience. This is a one of a kind game that cannot be recommended more. Some might argue that Among Thieves is the better game, but the improved technology and the manner in which emotion is explored takes the Uncharted template and creates something not new, but better. It is the ultimate Uncharted experience. Expand
  101. Nov 12, 2011
    Anyone who says that this game isn't great clearly does NOT know the meaning of great. Uncharted 3 has got to be one of the best games out there this year, it boats in a extremely good graphics engine, fun online play a good storyline and a fair amount of challenging puzzles, furthermore it's one of the only games I've played that lest you save and upload videos from a chosen online match.Anyone who says that this game isn't great clearly does NOT know the meaning of great. Uncharted 3 has got to be one of the best games out there this year, it boats in a extremely good graphics engine, fun online play a good storyline and a fair amount of challenging puzzles, furthermore it's one of the only games I've played that lest you save and upload videos from a chosen online match. Maybe i am exaggerating it just a bit, but with a game that i enjoyed and loved as much as this i have every right to, if your an uncharted fan and have yet to play this let me spell it out for you, you will love Drakes Deception - plain and simple. Collapse

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]