8.3

1. Nov 16, 2011
    really good cinematic game with excellent blockbuster moments and amazing overall presentation. The story is really great i can be emotional at times it really does suck you in and after you finish the campaign you have a enjoyable multiplayer mode and a coop mode to play with your friends.
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    One of the greatest adventure games of all time. Uncharted 3 is so good I really cant think of anything bad to say about it. The gameplay is flawless, the story is unpredictable and definitely worthy of multiple playthroughs ( im on my 3rd playthough), the charecters are memorable and superbly acted, the mutliplayer is fun and addictive, and the thing i enjoyed most about the game is thatOne of the greatest adventure games of all time. Uncharted 3 is so good I really cant think of anything bad to say about it. The gameplay is flawless, the story is unpredictable and definitely worthy of multiple playthroughs ( im on my 3rd playthough), the charecters are memorable and superbly acted, the mutliplayer is fun and addictive, and the thing i enjoyed most about the game is that it gives you so many ways to play the game. There are segments in the game where you can choose to go in guns blazing or you can take a more stealthier approach. What this game does the best though is making you care about the characters and what is happening to them. There are some moments in the game where i literally had my jaw on the floor such as the cargo plane sequence and the infamous cruise ship level. I cant stress enough how much i enjoy this game. If you have a ps3 go buy this game now i guarantee you wont be disappointed. If you dont have a ps3 go out and buy one then buy this game its that good. Expand
  3. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. I could NOT put this game down. I had many other anticipated games available (Skyrim, 2k12, MW3, BF3) and yet THIS particular game kept getting inserted into my PS3. This game is so much like a movie and just shows how talented Naughty Dog actually is. From Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to this recent installment I am shocked that Naughty Dog still raises theThis game is absolutely amazing. I could NOT put this game down. I had many other anticipated games available (Skyrim, 2k12, MW3, BF3) and yet THIS particular game kept getting inserted into my PS3. This game is so much like a movie and just shows how talented Naughty Dog actually is. From Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to this recent installment I am shocked that Naughty Dog still raises the bar. You cannot find another game like this it's a 10 out of 10 hands down Expand
  4. Nov 16, 2011
    the uncharted series is to be owned by each & every playstation 3 owner...great story, awesome graphics, brilliant audio, addicting multiplayer experience, and co-op fun with your friends, if you own a ps3, and haven't played an uncharted game, you're definitely NUTS...
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    honestly this game has a best graphic and gameplay,,
    much better than uc 1 and uc 2..

and few new characters on game..
    i can say anything about this game..

because is almost perfect..
  6. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is brilliant and one of the best on the PS3. The graphics, storytelling and all round experience is unique and Naught Dog have really managed to bring it in this third installation.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    if you own a PS3, and don't have this game.... WTF! This is, the greatest game ever created, it is perfect in every aspect, except for the fact the game gets hard at the end, but just put the difficulty down and, voila :D but WOW, this blew my mind! The storyline, as usual is one of the most thought through and amazing storylines in video games, i won't spoil anything because YOU HAVE toif you own a PS3, and don't have this game.... WTF! This is, the greatest game ever created, it is perfect in every aspect, except for the fact the game gets hard at the end, but just put the difficulty down and, voila :D but WOW, this blew my mind! The storyline, as usual is one of the most thought through and amazing storylines in video games, i won't spoil anything because YOU HAVE to get this game! The graphics are amazing, the gameplay, the puzzles, the combat, the gunfights! Naughty Dog have hit groundbreaking levels with this game! How you can say this game was bad in any way, there must be something wrong with you or your playstation. Because this is the greatest game anyone will ever play. Expand
  8. USG
    Nov 18, 2011
    This game has arguably the best story out of all three installments by far. The story is nothing short of fantastic or beautiful. Otherwise, not much is to be said in terms of gameplay as it's nearly identical to the previous titles. Multiplayer is quite an enjoyable aspect, especially to those who are interested in the feature but moderately beats Uncharted 2.
  9. Nov 19, 2011
    excellente suite, rien a dire sur ce jeu a part bravo naughty dog, j'espere l'arrivé d'un uncharted 4 :D qui j'espere sera de la meme monture que ces predecesseur
  10. Nov 19, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a mustUncharted 3 is a thoroughly entertaining and impressive game, it's just not as good as Uncharted 2. Control seems somehow less precise, whether it is worse than Uncharted 2 or showing it's age I can't say for sure. Combat seems a little on the clunky side, but the game is simply so gorgeous that you really don't care. Story is top-notch as well. It's not a perfect 10, but it's a must buy it you own a PS3. I'd like to give it an 8.5 (if Metacritic would ever bother with a half point system), but 8 seems too low. Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is Awesome. The story is incredible and unpredictable. The aiming system could be better but you get used to it eventually. They changed Drakes movements to be more realistic. And the graphics well they went above and beyond its phenomenal. And the multiplayer is a great addition for replay ability. Naughty Dog all i got to say is. WHERE THE HELL IS JAK AND DAKTER!!!!
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    Great, but multiplayer takes too long to set up.
    Great, but multiplayer takes too long to set up.
    The uncharted series has always kept up its insanely high standards, Uncharted 2 making it into IGN's game of the year. Uncharted 3 expands on the success making everything bigger better and raising the stakes. I won't say too much about the story, but i can say that it is pretty short. Thats one of the downsides. Uncharted 2 packed in multiplayer, but i never touched it, mostly because it was too hard to find a match and it took too long to load. This is the same here, but since the game is newer, there ARE people playing. Right now its pretty easy to find a match and it is pretty easy to set up, but takes much longer than games like Call of duty, then again, those games are mainly for multiplayer so i cant say much.

In the end, the package is relatiely short, but sweet. If your looking for a great game to last you the summer, pick up uncharted 3, and while your at it, pick up the first two like i did.
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    Upon playing the Dessert level I was reminiscent of being a kid and watching Benchmark demos back in the day, getting a glimpse of the future of gaming, and being in awe of the footage I was watching. This game surpassed some of those demos for me, and at certain points it was unreal to me that I was actually playing a video game.

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and

The waves impact with the elements around the levels, and the water floating back and forth on the surface as the rain poured down, took my breath away. Climbing on the walls of a ship, not knowing which way is up was disorienting and intriguing. Chasing someone through the corridors of an old town and seeing the care that has gone into the polygons in the background is one of the things that truly separates Uncharted 3 from the competition. The game as a whole consists of so many beautiful moments, both in regards to the the story and the presentation.

Combining elements of regret, loyalty, and adventure. The story is about a man with an unclear motivation, on a pursuit of buried secrets of the past, and the narrative builds around how his ambitions affect the people around him, allowing the player to get involved in the characters, and relate to them, which is unusually deep for a video game.

Naughty Dog as a studio has grown so much in the last years, and they have accomplished most of the challenges they have bestowed upon themselves for this game. Some have claimed the game is too cinematic and linear, but considering that it's what the Adventure genre has always been about, it's kind of like saying a comedy film made you laugh too much. In truth, the Uncharted series doesn't really do much that hasn't been done before, but rather builds upon the best elements of gaming and perfects it - taking it to a whole other level. Although not the same leap forward as Uncharted 2, the game is certainly not any less ambitious. And to say that this game has succeeded my expectations would be an understatement.
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    After waiting for one of my most anticipated games of 2011, and finally (FINALLY) getting to play it, I'm very pleased to say that Uncharted 3 is a huge step ahead of its predecessor. The graphics are yet again jaw-dropping (the cargo plane may be epic, but the desert is, for lack of a better word, beautiful). I firmly believe that the plot is miles ahead of previous iterations. And theAfter waiting for one of my most anticipated games of 2011, and finally (FINALLY) getting to play it, I'm very pleased to say that Uncharted 3 is a huge step ahead of its predecessor. The graphics are yet again jaw-dropping (the cargo plane may be epic, but the desert is, for lack of a better word, beautiful). I firmly believe that the plot is miles ahead of previous iterations. And the multiplayer was extremely impressive.

In fact, after playing both the July Beta and the Subway Promo, I don't think there's one other aspect in the Uncharted 3 experience that amazed me than what they did to the multiplayer. One of the biggest complaints found in the previous betas was the staggering amount of blindfiring, particularly because of how easy it was to rack up kills by doing it, and just for experimentation, I tried blindfiring myself multiple times in the full game. Now it doesn't feel like an tactic--it feels downright risky to use, and I don't think I earned a single kill from using it. The multiplayer, thus, feels very balanced and offers a much more rich experience than Uncharted 2 ever did. One of my most favorite inclusions is a new feature called Missions, where you have to complete a certain objective in a certain amount of time. There are around 150 of these missions, and if you plan to complete them all (and I do), it's going to take an insane amount of time to do it. These missions are so great because activating them gives the player (in my personal experience) so much incentive to play and win; no longer is the multiplayer just a rank-up and unlock system--though there's plenty of that here--it becomes a much more personal experience of accomplishment that I only ever found in a single-player game. Along with the handful of multiplayer packs soon to be released, I find this game to have insane reply value. It makes up a lot for what I find to be disappointing in this game.

The biggest fault in UC3 stems not from its multiplayer, its graphics, or its story. In fact, I find it hard to place my finger on exactly what seems wrong with it. Apart from the few bugs I found during gameplay--which is excusable seeing how large this game is--nothing seems entirely lackluster in the experience that I had, and what an experience it is. Yet as the game came to a close and the credits began to roll, I couldn't help but find myself in a bit of disappointment. No spoilers, I promise, but the last few hours of gameplay did feel a bit rushed compared to how amazing the first half of the game is, for me anyway. It seems to suffer from some of the same faults that Uncharted 2 did; that is, where Sully was absent, Elena and Chloe made up for, and it seems to be the other way around this time. Likewise, the last few hours doesn't impressive nearly as much as what the beginning sets the game up for. Uncharted 3 is not a disappointment by any means, but it suffers a bit from some of the issues found in its predecessor, and the fact that they arrive yet again is a bit saddening. Yet I find it hard to believe that there will be anything out there as incredible as Uncharted 3 was, at least for a while. Is it the best game on PS3? Maybe. It holds a vast amount of polish, save for a few bugs, but the single-player suffers from meeting player expectations without going over-the-top with them, and I can't say it was as impactful as Uncharted 2 was. Maybe it's my own fault for holding expectations too high, and that's why I'm not going to bash the game. It's still an excellent experience that anyone can hope to enjoy. The experience is blast all the way to the end; it's when you get to the end that you find yourself wanting a little more.

I'll stop there I suppose. Stop reading this and go buy this game, because its pros more than make up for its cons. The single-player is a unique experience that, while not perfect, certainly excels in many of the places that Uncharted 2 fell a little short. The multiplayer is a completely different ball game, giving players what I personally believe to be "the go-to multiplayer experience". The package as a whole is something that PS3 players must not miss out on. In everyone's eyes, it may not be as great as Uncharted 2, but it sure comes pretty darn close.
  15. Nov 20, 2011
    Far from perfect, IMO UC2 is better overall but it is still fun anad worth a buy. especially the underrated co-op which is a game in itself. Still has many issues and while the story and acting was great the pacing was really off in this game ruining the experience when a fade to black and page wipe leads you to a new country as if this were some 12 year old's video project for school.Far from perfect, IMO UC2 is better overall but it is still fun anad worth a buy. especially the underrated co-op which is a game in itself. Still has many issues and while the story and acting was great the pacing was really off in this game ruining the experience when a fade to black and page wipe leads you to a new country as if this were some 12 year old's video project for school. Graphics are amazing though and gameplay is fun but it has many issues in terms of repetitiveness due to low amount of check points. It's either way too easy or simply annoying due to having to replay the same part over and over again to not get shot by a certain person. Worth a buy though. Expand
  16. Nov 20, 2011
    I think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The bestI think this is one of the best games ever made. Fantastic action, transversal, story, characters, and amazing graphics. The campaign is the best ever, only if it's 8.5 hours(on Hard, but on Crushing its 9.5). The mp is okay, but the story has all the thrills. The ship graveyard battles destroy the train sequence from uc2. My favorite part is the horseback chase in Chapter 20. The best level design is in Chapter 11. :D Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2011
    NOW EVERY SCORE INSTEAD TO BE ANYTHING /10 SHOULD BE ANYTHING/UNCHARTED..... uncharted 3 has one of the best stories i've ever seen and the changes since uncharted 2 mutiplayer and uc3 beta are great, and this game deserves to break the score record ;)
  18. Nov 20, 2011
    Love games. Always have. Good time to be a gamer. Especially when there are such strong incentives to own any of the three systems available to the public right now; and I can honestly saying, after playing the entire trilogy - anyone giving this game anything less than a nine is either blind, 12 or craves attention.

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love

I love COD MW3. I love Battlefield 3. I love GOW 3. I love GT5. I love Forza 4. There is no bias here. Simply put, uncharted 3 is one of the most engrossing experiences you will ever have on a entertainment console. If you own a PS3, you must do yourself justice, and try uncharted 3. Playing the first two are not required, but I think 1 & 2 are impressive, even by today's standards.
  19. Nov 20, 2011
    With a breathtaking campaign, beyond amazing graphics, and expanded multiplayer options, Uncharted 3 brings back everything we loved from Uncharted 2, with all the things that kept Uncharted 2 from perfection: expanded melee attacks, SPLIT SCREEN FOR GOODNESS SAKE, and a host of other smaller improvements. Trust me, you can't go wrong with this one. It gets a 9.9/10 for me!
  20. Nov 20, 2011
    I really enjoyed this game. The gamplay leans more toward hand to hand brawls. Its makes it more of an old school action movie feeling. The story is enjoyable and you will lose yourself in it. The online is terrific. Nuff said. Just buy it.
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best games I've played. Felt like I was in a movie. Improvement over the second with the multiplayer. Waiting for Uncharted 4 now. Can't wait!
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    Hello. In this review, I will discuss another Naughty Dog creation, Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception.

First off, Iâ
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    Uncharted 3 had so much potential just like Uncharted 2, but it fell just short. One thing I remember about Uncharted 2 was how I felt at the end of the game. It was the first game I had ever finished where I just sat there and smiled. I felt so satisfied from the entire game I couldn't wait to continue the adventure. Now Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, it is a very good game, but ItUncharted 3 had so much potential just like Uncharted 2, but it fell just short. One thing I remember about Uncharted 2 was how I felt at the end of the game. It was the first game I had ever finished where I just sat there and smiled. I felt so satisfied from the entire game I couldn't wait to continue the adventure. Now Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, it is a very good game, but It isn't the masterpiece Uncharted 2 was. The gameplay is pretty much the same, it is the overall story that just seemed to lack. We didn't have the cross character interactions we had in the first two. Especially the two female characters. Overall it is still a good game, but not perfect like the second one was. A must though for anyone who owns a ps3! Expand
  24. Nov 21, 2011
    Uncharted 2 was the best made game so far, now it is Uncharted 3. It has (minor) issues (Shooting felt a bit strange at first, also had some very minor bugs/glitches which is pretty atypical for Naughty Dog quality), but overall it's the best interactive experience there ever was.

The gameplay is fluid, even less emphasizing on shooting (still too much overall). The pacing is perfect

The pacing is perfect (again).
    The voice acting is perfect (again).
    How the story is told is perfect (again).
    The characters are awesome.
    The visual quality is breathtaking.
    The animations are one-of-a-kind in the gaming universe.
    The details are mesmerizing.
    The quality of every aspect of videogame making is miles ahead of any other game out there.
    Scenes inspired by Ico or Journey (Desert) are beyond amazing and nowhere to be found in any other mainstream action game.

Cons: Too short (about 7 hours) - but better too short than too long (which modern games fortunately "get" since some years)
    The enemies in the beginning looked a bit strange (too much of the same suits)
    Some (very) minor bugs (Orchestra starts or stops abruptly in 2 places, a scene "clipped" one time)

And finally the ending in an Uncharted game was as amazing as the other parts of the game (which it wasn't in Uncharted 1 & 2)

Overall, it wasn't a step as it was with Uncharted to Uncharted 2, but that obviously isn't the game's fault. It's just the fact, that Uncharted 2 already was perfect (the end boss aside).
    10 has nothing do with being (completely) "perfect". It shows where it stands in comparison to other games. There isn't any other game which comes close to the quality that Naughty Dog creates.
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    I feel like the gameplay was a step up from the last as well as the multiplayer. The story on the other hand, has taken a hit. It felt like it was a bit rushed (the last quarter of the game showcased this). As always, the visuals were very impressive except for a few of the cutscenes which looked washed out. Overall all, a pretty solid game with multiplayer that will keep you busy for a week.
  26. Nov 21, 2011
    Amazing and beuatiful landscape along with solid gameplay and clever funny dialogue a total blast of a game experiance, in the same league as uncharted 2, the new great series in gameing
  27. Nov 23, 2011
    Let me just start by saying that this game has the best graphics ever, and its competitor has no chance of ever matching this. The game itself is as you would expect, good. Though I must point out some poor points. The campaign is too short, I managed to complete it on normal in 7 hours, where as uncharted 2 took me around 12 hours. I did love this campaign but then again uncharted 2's ILet me just start by saying that this game has the best graphics ever, and its competitor has no chance of ever matching this. The game itself is as you would expect, good. Though I must point out some poor points. The campaign is too short, I managed to complete it on normal in 7 hours, where as uncharted 2 took me around 12 hours. I did love this campaign but then again uncharted 2's I felt was better. Also the controls fell a little sloppy in places and cause many funerals on Nathan Drakes behalf. Also the online feels like it was just tacked on, i really cant say i enjoyed it. I would advise renting this game over buying it, as after your done with the campaign there is little point in returning, unless you like the multiplayer, or like to boss collectables Expand
  28. Nov 25, 2011
    I just finished the game and I feel that I just played a very good game, with an amazing story (ok, the end is not so good) and an impressive graphic. For me it's not a 10 for 2 reason: too short (that doesn' t mean just"few hours"; things just flew too fast, giving a strange sensation) and too similar to uncharted 2. I little bit of courage is highly recommended for u4! Despite these twoI just finished the game and I feel that I just played a very good game, with an amazing story (ok, the end is not so good) and an impressive graphic. For me it's not a 10 for 2 reason: too short (that doesn' t mean just"few hours"; things just flew too fast, giving a strange sensation) and too similar to uncharted 2. I little bit of courage is highly recommended for u4! Despite these two points, is a great game. Expand
  29. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have told myself that Uncharted 2 was my second favorite game of all time. When I heard that Uncharted 3 was coming out, I was excited at first but then got scared as I wondered can this game topple the second game...YES! YES IT CAN...but it's not a breath of fresh air though.

Pros:
    -This is an experience. One Minute your watching a cutscene then suddenly you are controlling Drake as he walks through the desert. Only moment, I am going to spoil. Other moments you got to see for yourself. Let's not mention that a lot of the gameplay is dynamic therefore the world constantly moves around you even if it is a set path. Hopefully game designer will take notes from this making more similar experiences in the future.
    -Naughty Dog once agains pushes the PS3 even further, with better looking character models, and photo-realistic locales.
    -Melee Combat has provided more of a challenge to the game.
    -It's Uncharted.

Cons:
    -The plot while still good loses focus and in retrospect is the same exact set up as U2. U2: Drake finds the lost city of Shamballa. U3: Drake finds the lost Atlantis of the Sands.
    -Action moments while still a blast once again draw simliar to U2. Hell at one point, a character even says Deja Vu, huh?
    -Some Multiplayer changes are unneeded.
    -There are bugs, but none that are obnoxious.

Overall, Uncharted 3 takes the franchise a step further even if this game is not as refreshing as Uncharted 2 was compared to to the first one. There is no doubt that you will not go wrong with Uncharted 3. WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO BUY IT NOW!
  30. Nov 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a great fan of the series. So I was really excited about this game and read many of the reviews. So when I played the game, some of the comments in those reviews did go through my head. Many people felt that this game was good but that it did not live up to the hype, as it was evolutionary, as opposed to revolutionary as was Uncharted 2. I will have to agree with them.

GAMEPLAY
    I did enjoy the fighting mechanics, but feel there is a little more that can be done there. I haven't really played any of the Batman games, but hear the fighting mechanics are pretty good. I think ultimately, Naughty dog's team could improve this aspect even further for the next game. I also think, it could be cool to have some fighting using different weapons that Nate could pick up (like blunt objects or swords).

The shooting dynamic of the game was not very different from Uncharted 2, but somehow the aiming was a bit harder this time. I got better at it at the end of the game, but it did need getting used to. PLATFORMING
    The platforming aspect is still enjoyable but sometimes the hints of where to jump next are a bit too easy. I would not mind being able to figure out without such visual cues where I should go next.

STORY & PRESENTATION
    The graphics, music and acting are top notch as ever. I really did enjoy the story with all the twists and turns and love this kind of adventure story. I wonder if there will be a next game, but I really do hope so.

I felt the set pieces were not quite as stunning as Uncharted 2. Perhaps it was just that Tibet was such an alien setting to me, that it made it very charming. I thought though that they could have used the desert theme a bit more. There was not much fighting in the desert, which i thought was a shame. I realize there isn't much "cover" there, but I think they could have managed something.

I loved the chapters with the pirates and the cruise ship and also liked the bit with the plane, but thought it was much too short... i was excited when i saw it in the trailers, but it felt it was over very quickly.
    In general, I did feel the game was shorter than Uncharted 2 and was a bit let down by the ending (the last levels were not as interesting somehow).

All in all, it's still a fantastic game. One that I plan on playing through again really soon. I am also looking forward to discovering the co-op mode and multiplayer more as well.

I still highly recommend it to anyone who loves the series. However, I think everyone's expectations were set very high, which of course leads to a bit of disappointment.

Sitll, the story, the music, the gameplay and the beautiful settings will just sweep you into this adventure all the same!
  31. Dec 3, 2011
    For many years Naughty Dog has produced some rather great quality titles but it is honestly Uncharted 3 that they show what they can do. This 3rd chapter not only has improved graphics, but also tells a rather better story as well. Characters are much very well developed and the set pieces are overall much better and topple Among Thieves .Saying that I did have some issues with the gameFor many years Naughty Dog has produced some rather great quality titles but it is honestly Uncharted 3 that they show what they can do. This 3rd chapter not only has improved graphics, but also tells a rather better story as well. Characters are much very well developed and the set pieces are overall much better and topple Among Thieves .Saying that I did have some issues with the game and that is itâ Collapse
  32. Dec 11, 2011
    I love the series as a whole and Naughty Dog, but the third entry just seems to lack the polish and impact as the first two game. With all the gripes aside, this game still delivers and action-packed cinematic experience that doesn't disappoint. The set pieces are over the top(which is a good thing) and this game goes big, throwing you into an adventure with excellent narrative, withI love the series as a whole and Naughty Dog, but the third entry just seems to lack the polish and impact as the first two game. With all the gripes aside, this game still delivers and action-packed cinematic experience that doesn't disappoint. The set pieces are over the top(which is a good thing) and this game goes big, throwing you into an adventure with excellent narrative, with enjoyable and believable characters, that complete the immersion. Expand
  33. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  34. Dec 12, 2011
    Considering Naughty Dog's track record of fascinating and revolutionary games, Uncharted 3 had a ridiculous amount of people with extremely high expectations to satisfy. Well beyond all belief Naughty Dog has yet again produced a game that will be talked about when we remind ourselves of gaming greats.

Graphics- If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and

Graphics-
    If when I say "graphics" you think, high resolution, realistic lighting and shadows. You won't be as impressed as you should with this game; it runs at 30 FPS, it's 720p and the lighting is good, but we're not playing Crysis here... We're playing Uncharted 3, a game were dust and sand sticks to your character's hair, a game where your clothes will blow in the wind and the water looks real. I have never once let out a short burst of laughter in disbelief before, especially when playing a game. This game changed that. when I saw sand cascade of a sand dune when i got close to the edge, and when I bolted for an exit as a storm of water chased me around the small corridors of a sinking ship, I did let out a breath of disbelief in what I was playâ
  35. Dec 12, 2011
    Naughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitiveNaughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitive because I was always doing something new. The game even made me laugh, which VERY FEW games have been able to do. I really did feel as if I was playing an Indiana Jones movie or one of my favorite books. I have not played the multiplayer or co-op which I am sure will be fun in their own right, but lets face it, this isn't COD; everyone buys this game for the single-player. I must say, this single-player is one of the best out their. Some of the critics complained it was more of the same, but I say why mess with perfection. If they make ANOTHER great story with MORE exciting scenes, what is to complain about. Yes, the gameplay is similar but I would not want drastically different anything, because why would you stray from the best reviewed ps3 game of all time? I cannot think of one bad thing to complain about, since they added the alternate shooting by listening to the fans. Expand
  36. Dec 12, 2011
    Great game lots of adventure fast moving great fun! Buy 1, 2 and 3 you will love em all! This one tells how Drake and Scully met, brings in a new character and the girls from the previous 2 games are back. Its not has hard as 2 was really enjoyed playing it.
  37. Dec 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The single player campaign is shorter than Uncharted 2 by some way but contains some utterly jaw dropping environments and set pieces. I was able to clock it in just over 10 hours but loved every minute of it. This is graphically, one of the most astonishing looking games I've ever played and a fine testament to Naughty Dog's ability to wring the best out of the PS3. The voice acting again is superb as are the performances from Nolan North and the rest of the crew. My only gripe is that the finale lacks punch and the plot as a whole plays it rather safe with one moment towards the end where a main character gets killed only to turn up safe and well moments later. The multiplayer experience is a considerable improvement over UC2 and I've already sank dozens of hours into it. There are a wealth of new perks, upgrades and other goodies that compel you to keep playing. I can't wait for the forthcoming DLC map packs. The games as standard has 12 maps, some new and some old and they're all great and very varied. This is easily one of the greatest multiplayer experiences I've ever had. All in all this is an astonishing game and a worthy sequel and gets my firm vote for best game of 2011. Expand
  38. Dec 21, 2011
    Nice graphics, good storyline (I think). But useless multiplayer (with access code), and I don't like the gameplay. I also thought it was plagiarized on tomb raider. But buy it with your eyes closed, it is worth it!
  39. Dec 23, 2011
    When the first Uncharted 3 trailer surfaced up,i wasn't impressed as i did to U2 and i thought that U3 was not going to be better than U2.That is until i bought it on the 3rd day it came,and i have to tell you that i literally spent 20 hours playing this game non-stop,except for a couple of bathroom breaks,and in those 20 hours spent playing i couldn't let go of the controller.With thatWhen the first Uncharted 3 trailer surfaced up,i wasn't impressed as i did to U2 and i thought that U3 was not going to be better than U2.That is until i bought it on the 3rd day it came,and i have to tell you that i literally spent 20 hours playing this game non-stop,except for a couple of bathroom breaks,and in those 20 hours spent playing i couldn't let go of the controller.With that said,i could tell you that i regret not picking up this game the day it came out.From the very first moment that you start the game it's a roller-coaster ride,The story is so captivating and well-telled that it makes you care about the characters and develop a bond with them even after you go to sleep.I could clearly remember that at certain moments in the game that i felt exactly the same way as Nathan Drake ( Main character) feels.For example when he was stranded and lost in the vast desert;i felt scared for his life and wanted to help him in any way possible,although the fact is he's still a virtual character.It's these kind of bonds that you don't see in other games.The gameplay is far more better than it's previous predecessors by miles! EVERYTHING is improved,aiming,fighting,climbing,jumping,and even running is improved.Now you could fight enemies simultaneously at the same time.There are ALOT of new combat moves both aerial and land-based.And you even have the OPTION to enter a room and kill everyone with stealth,or you could rain hell on them by using big guns;it's up to you. The music score is simply beautiful and astounding.You could go on playing the game just listening to the music without progressing and you won't feel bored.The music changes as the mood and intensity of the game is changing...The characters in this game are so vibrant and full of life as if they still have their own lives and places to go after the game finishes.Every character has his own story...The animations of U3 are out of this world and in a good way.Every thing you do the game reacts accordingly;if you walk down or up a stair Nathan grabs the handles along the way or if you move closely near a wall Nathan reaches out his hands to touch it...The movements of the characters are very fluid,smooth,and realistic that it makes you wonder if the characters are modeled after real people...The multiplayer has come back looking better than ever,every aspect of the multiplayer is improved in every way possible,and a whole lot of stuff has been included.If you ever managed before to get your hands on the beta then i rest you assure that the multiplayer is much much better than the beta.The most important upgrades in the multiplayer are the NEW competitive and co-operative modes,character,weapon,and emblem (logo) customization,machinimas,co-ops,and last but not least VIDEOS where you could record a match you recently had,edit it and share it with your friends,store it on your Playstation,or even upload it to the internet for the whole world to see...Overall,Uncharted 3 is a game that you'll never get bored of.And it is one of the best games this decade,and if you don't have it,then you're missing on a masterpiece,it is very much worth the $60...See you online! Expand
  40. Dec 23, 2011
    The best Uncharted so far. The visuals are stunning, the plot/story is really good. It feels like a playable movie. The weapons could have been a bit more diversified, but it's a fun and great game!
  41. Dec 23, 2011
    I'm torn between giving this an 8 and a 9. In many ways it's the superior of both UC and UC2, and yet despite amazing polished, it somehow doesn't feel finished, aspects feel rushed and the controls are not always what they should be. It's almost like they needed a bit more time to perfect things prior to release. I think the multiplayer is better than its ever been, but I'm moreI'm torn between giving this an 8 and a 9. In many ways it's the superior of both UC and UC2, and yet despite amazing polished, it somehow doesn't feel finished, aspects feel rushed and the controls are not always what they should be. It's almost like they needed a bit more time to perfect things prior to release. I think the multiplayer is better than its ever been, but I'm more interested in the single player. Multiplayer cooperative is much more challenging than it was previously, which is a good thing. It's my favorite UC game is most respects, I want to give it a 10 but think 9 is more honest. Expand
  42. Dec 26, 2011
    Awsome game, beautiful graphics, fun multiplayer, but it felt just not enough for a "10". Why? Short campaign and the game felt just too much as more of Uncharted 2. Still one of the best games I played this year, and best exclusive for PS3.
  43. Dec 27, 2011
    Usually when you mention the words movie and game in the same sentence, it isn't a good thing. But, for the first time (at least for me) a game managed to have great gameplay and a great storyline.
  44. Dec 28, 2011
    Same at Uncharted 2, epic history. Developers make progress with graphic, have better textures and better AA, named MLAA. Locations are awesome with lots of details. Multiplayer same situation at U2, its just booring after long playing. So i not give a 10/10 but 9/10. Ohh and is a must have for every PS3 Player :P.
  45. Dec 28, 2011
    If you talk about history, I give you Skyrim. If you talk about gameplay, I'll give Arkham City. But if you want them, I give Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 is as epic as the Uncharted 2, but makes some errors in your script, as characters who disappear from the plot, however, develops very well the relationship of master and apprentice (much like father and son) Drake, Sully. At the end of theIf you talk about history, I give you Skyrim. If you talk about gameplay, I'll give Arkham City. But if you want them, I give Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 is as epic as the Uncharted 2, but makes some errors in your script, as characters who disappear from the plot, however, develops very well the relationship of master and apprentice (much like father and son) Drake, Sully. At the end of the game, you understand why he deserves the title of one of the best of 2011, however Uncharted 2 is better. Expand
  46. Dec 29, 2011
    This is just.....a MASTERPIECE.This game have everything from the single player campaign to the multiplayer.The gameplay is fluid,the storyline it's unpredictable and the graphics are just ,,WOW''.If you have a PS3 you should buy this game.
  47. Dec 29, 2011
    I just finished it and thought it was one of the best games I have ever played. Beautiful cinematics, great voice acting, believable and intriguing storyline, Uncharted 3 is definitely better than its predecessor. There was memorable moments and the different environments were exciting to play in, from the old streets of England to the hot sands of Arabia, a must play game.
  48. Dec 29, 2011
    Having played both 1 and 2, i have to say i started deception with high anticipation and v high expectations. On a positive note, the cinematography was amazing, i loved the water, the ship, airplane fighting and the sand. The story flew well and I just love Sully also. The end where the hallucinations pan out was also unique to play. However, there is nothing neaw abt the storyline.Having played both 1 and 2, i have to say i started deception with high anticipation and v high expectations. On a positive note, the cinematography was amazing, i loved the water, the ship, airplane fighting and the sand. The story flew well and I just love Sully also. The end where the hallucinations pan out was also unique to play. However, there is nothing neaw abt the storyline. Drakes goes to open every gate and do everything, then the bad guys come to get the stuff away, the drake has to stop the bad guy and then they have to escape. It is the same thing again and again. Abit cliche really. Still, one of the best games, easily wins over other games but extremely hard to get better than uncharted 2, which I consider was the best! Expand
  49. Dec 29, 2011
    Uncharted 3's biggest problem is that all of it's competition tries to improve and expand as a sequel, Uncharted plays it safe and does alter the game too much. Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, especially to Uncharted fans like me, but I think that Uncharted 4 should change up the formula and try to be as memorable as Uncharted 2 was. 9.5/10
  50. Dec 29, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of this year and one of the best on the PS3 but sadly not as memorable as its predecessor. It combines the best action set pieces of any game with great hand to hand combat and a now tuned gun play with excellent puzzles and climbing, along with the best graphics of a video game in history for now and dialogue which feels like your actually talking to theThis is one of the greatest games of this year and one of the best on the PS3 but sadly not as memorable as its predecessor. It combines the best action set pieces of any game with great hand to hand combat and a now tuned gun play with excellent puzzles and climbing, along with the best graphics of a video game in history for now and dialogue which feels like your actually talking to the characters themselves. But I was disappointed with the ending which felt familiar and same old same old run and gun and when I sore that there was 22 chapters I knew that we weren't going to explore much of this amazing city that they designed. And the only other criticism is I thought that the main character was going to play a much bigger role and use mind trickery a lot more. But putting that all to one side I congratulate Naughty Dog at trying to beat its predecessor and nearly succeeded. Maybe not everyones effort was in on this game because of the new title The Last of Us on its way and in development when they were still putting the final touches on uncharted 3. But hats off to the developers at Naughty Dog they have created another beautiful masterpiece. Expand
  51. Dec 29, 2011
    It's still awesome, but not as good as uncharted 2. It's just not new anymore, nothing really fresh in it... But it's still a great game.
  52. Dec 29, 2011
    After I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being aAfter I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being a great new addition). Expand
  53. Dec 29, 2011
    Of all the action/adventure games that have surfaced over the years, none have been as compelling and well done as the Uncharted Series. With Nathan Drake's third outing, Drake's Deception aims to create the greatest Uncharted experience, besting it's near-flawless predecessor in every way. In the end, Uncharted 3 falls short of the target, but that doesn't keep it from being one of theOf all the action/adventure games that have surfaced over the years, none have been as compelling and well done as the Uncharted Series. With Nathan Drake's third outing, Drake's Deception aims to create the greatest Uncharted experience, besting it's near-flawless predecessor in every way. In the end, Uncharted 3 falls short of the target, but that doesn't keep it from being one of the years best titles. The campaign is yet again the game's highlight. Here's the good: The cinematics and voice-acting are superb. The characters are lifelike. The graphics are instant eye-candy from start to finish- once you behold them, no game will look better. The sound effects impress, and the soundtrack provides some of the best music in gaming. The pacing is well done: gun combat, platforming, and puzzle-solving all intertwine perfectly. The set pieces are epic, ones that Hollywood could only dream of. However, with a campaign this amazing, it still has its letdowns. To begin, the story isn't as compelling as Uncharted 2's. Don't get me wrong, its a great story, but there are several elements that are not well told. In addition, the AI are not as smart as the ones in Uncharted 2. They may sometimes run passed you and never bother to attack, and when you shoot them, they don't react to the bullet in a realistic way. Either way, the game is still equally as hard as Uncharted 2. Also, the campaigns re-playability isn't as strong: It clocks in at a mere 8 hours compared to Uncharted 2's 12 hour epicness. Collecting treasures return, but thats it. In Uncharted 2, you could switch your weapon, character skins, and cheats(fast motion, infinite ammo, one-shot kills, no gravity). These features are non-existent in Uncharted 3, a big disappointment. Regardless of all these flaws, the campaign is still worthy of endless re-playability. But Uncharted 3 also has multiplayer. The multiplayer has much, much more to offer than Uncharted 2. A deep level of persistence, new game modes, and things like power plays and treasure drops make this multiplayer stand out from the competition. You'll find it to be similar to Call of Duty's persistence and fast-paced gameplay, and while it may upset some, it really isn't all that bad. It's insanely fun, actually. I will say that sometimes i'll play Uncharted 2's multiplayer over Uncharted 3's because it plays a lot different and can be as equally as fun. Character models are not as beautiful as Uncharted 2's, and there are still some balance issues, but its a great experience nevertheless. Overall, Uncharted 3 is an incredible game: it may not be better than Uncharted 2, but that shouldn't stop you from buying it, let alone getting a PS3. Expand
  54. Dec 30, 2011
    Com certeza o melhor jogo do ano, gráficos perfeitos e uma história interessante que prende você no jogo . Já zerei ele duas vezes e agora estou no multiplayer. A Naughty Dog está de parabéns ao fazer esse jogo
  55. Dec 31, 2011
    While rough around the edges, Naughty dog once again pushes the envelope when it comes to creating a gorgeous cinematic experience with decent interactive gameplay. The inclusion of online multiplayer was smart and gives added value for the dollar. I expect this is a sign of things to come as naughty dog evolves as a developer. The character animations, character development, andWhile rough around the edges, Naughty dog once again pushes the envelope when it comes to creating a gorgeous cinematic experience with decent interactive gameplay. The inclusion of online multiplayer was smart and gives added value for the dollar. I expect this is a sign of things to come as naughty dog evolves as a developer. The character animations, character development, and backdrops throughout the game deserve mention as standout aspects of the game. The story of Nathan Drake borrows from Bond, Indiana Jones, and many of the best hiest, action/adventure, and mystery/conspiracy movies of the past 30 years and yet still manages to feel fresh and original because ND is truly invested in the franchise. Expand
  56. Dec 31, 2011
    I have to say that this is the BEST game I've ever played! Everything in this game is top-notch, there is nothing negative I can say about it. This game deserves an overall rating of 9.5 or more, and a perfect 10 from me - loving this game so much! You have to be stupid to rate it below 9.5.
  57. Dec 31, 2011
    Uncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in veryUncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in very anticlimactic way makes the story seem rushed, unfinished and not thought-out. Overall the graphics improved greatly, but backgrounds look poorly animated and sadly, texture popping returned after being nearly absent from Uncharted 2's single player. Something that also bothered me alot about the graphics was the often advertised sand. Because when I first reached chapter 18, I was disappointed to find out that the at first glance spectacular lokking sand wasn't more than a flat texture, only creating the illusion of sand. The level design was yet another thing I was pretty disappointed with, since tracking back the exact same rout as I entered a level wasn't exactly what I expected from linear single player campaign as short as this one. The cinematic moments from the last game were taken several steps further in this one, maybe a few steps too far, instead of having full control as it was in Among Thieves, the player now has hardly any control in those moments and seems to be only pushing Nate forward for the scene to continue.
    The amazing soundtrack , which seems to show us what some scenes maybe should have made us feel, isn't enough to take away the bitter feeling that makes me think what this game could've been with more time.
  58. Jan 1, 2012
    I must say the gap between that of Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 is not as much a bottomless abyss but that of a something a world record long jumper can probably traverse with relative ease. But that does not detract from the absolute joy I had from playing this game start to finish multiple times. Graphics:
    One thing that is improved is the graphical quality of the entire games, the
    One thing that is improved is the graphical quality of the entire games, the character models, the textures, some of the effects like the water, have all be vastly tweaked to an almost photo realistic standard. Although the overall effect does not look as flabbergastingly brilliant as some of the set pieces of Uncharted 2 (mind you that is down more to the choice of set piece rather than execution). Secondly, the sound: The one thing that Uncharted has done better than most games is voice acting, and Nathan Drake's latest outing is no different. Nolan North is again on form with some top notch acting really adding layers to his character as he goes. The same can be said for Victor Sullivan, his character as well is really brought out and you get a real sense of how deep Nate's and Sully's friendship really is. Although as for the main bad guys, I've scoured the internet and most people feel that the main character should have been voice by Helen Mirren and I'm inclined to agree, definitely feels like a missed opportunity! The sound track is something else in this game, it is definitely one of the corner stones for the cinematic experience and this corner stone is a granite base! Very well orchestrated soundtrack always fits the mood perfectly. Another thing I have noticed is that the weapons don't sound quite so cheap anymore, and that adds to the feel of the game play too, a nice parallel is the transition from Gears of War and Gears of War 2, the weapons sounded so much meaner and it really added to the feel of each weapon. Single player game play: I see Uncharted becoming formulaic, much in the way The Legend of Zelda is, but that is not a bad thing at all if done properly, I'd say Uncharted 3 hits it right! The thing I liked about Uncharted's story modes up to this point was the fact that they would last about 8 hours, which is twice the length of most shooter campaigns these days AND you are pretty much glued to your seat for the duration. Not many games can boast of this trait but Uncharted 3 can. So Uncharted 3's story pans out similarly to the other two, like an Indiana Jones film on steroids! A lot of complaints have circulated about the "sluggish" aiming system and I though I ought to offer a positive opinion on this so here goes...
    The way I see the new aiming system is that it is coupled with the new melee system where you can engage an enemy or a group of enemies Assassin's Creed stylee for some fisticuff action rather than just mashing the square button and then the triangle when prompted. So I believe that Naughty Dog toned down the aiming speed in order to encourage players to engage at close quarters and get the most out of that combat system. To be honest if you really find the aiming that sluggish just turn the darn sensitivity, that or utilise the new patch that Naughty Dog have provided... From my experience the combat has been considerably tense through out, with a killer cover and shoot mechanic that can almost rival the Gears of War series. The weapons all feel much improved and much more heavy duty, what also startles me is the variety of weapons, such as weapons for extreme close range like a sawed off shotgun and weapons for extreme long range such as the bolt action sniper rifle! Another good feature about the single player is the pacing, rather than just being at 11 all of the time, the game often slows down to get you to solve puzzles, which I found in this instalment to be more challenging than the other two, a little bit more time is spent actually thing rather than just looking at Drake's Journal where an imaginary wealth of knowledge just sort of ends up in there. Also some key moments of the story slow down the pace of the game but in a good way, but I shan't elaborate as it would contain spoilers, but I think players will appreciate the slow down of pace and can take some time to observe a bit of character development and plot thickening. Multi player: Multi player is on form again, it takes the fun from the formula that was present in Uncharted 2 and adds LOADS of new features to it, including a lot of customisation options for your online avatar. Like most good multi player experiences, it is very rewarding extends the longevity of the game infinitely. It doesn't matter whether you are competitive or cooperative, Naughty Dog have catered for both tweaked co-op missions from campaign set pieces but also some great competitive game modes set in original maps (which I feel is a bit of a dying art, making original maps). Overall Uncharted 3 is a fantastic experience but also has enough pull to it to revisit months after your purchase!
  59. Jan 2, 2012
    My game of the year without question. The rollercoaster of emotions UC3 took me on was incredible. I've spent a lot of money on a 3D tv and UC3 made me not regret a single penny. The locations you visit are incredible and the senario's your placed in are different class! The relationship you build with the characters are incredible and grow stronger with each instalement of these groundMy game of the year without question. The rollercoaster of emotions UC3 took me on was incredible. I've spent a lot of money on a 3D tv and UC3 made me not regret a single penny. The locations you visit are incredible and the senario's your placed in are different class! The relationship you build with the characters are incredible and grow stronger with each instalement of these ground breaking games. If I had to add one critism is that the aiming system is awful and what the hell have naughty dog done to Elena's beautiful face? google music, pandora, limewire Expand
  60. Jan 3, 2012
    I was extremely excited for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and I had really high expectations. This game certainly lived up to those and delivered one of the most fun, addictive, beautiful and interesting games that I have ever played. This game has INCREDIBLE visuals and in chapter 6 the tree leaves in the jungle look a bit bad, especially when compared to the jaw- dropping visuals of theI was extremely excited for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and I had really high expectations. This game certainly lived up to those and delivered one of the most fun, addictive, beautiful and interesting games that I have ever played. This game has INCREDIBLE visuals and in chapter 6 the tree leaves in the jungle look a bit bad, especially when compared to the jaw- dropping visuals of the Rub' al Khali desert. There are certainly parts of the game which look better than the other, and the game starts to really look incredible around the end of the game. The gameplay is fantastic. It has solid shooting mechanics, incredibly fun stealth (which I feel needs to be in the game more) and fun puzzles. Searching for treasures is as addicting as ever and the treasures are more cleverly hidden. I won't give it away, but the one treasure in chapter 18 was so well hidden, that it took a walkthrough for me to be able to find it. Of course no game is perfect and Uncharted 3 is certainly no exception. The story had quite a few holes. There were some moments I was left scratching my head at some of the things in the story. Also I felt that the multiplayer (while fun for a bit) was unneeded. I've barely played the multiplayer, and it is quite fun but it has nothing on the incredible singleplayer. But I do really like the co-op multiplayer because it is a lot of fun. In the end Uncharted 3 was not a perfect game, but it was an absolutely masterful game with a great story, fantastic characters, great gameplay, incredible visuals and great SFX. Uncharted 3 is an absolute must buy for all PS3 owners, I promise you that your money will be well spent. Expand
  61. Jan 4, 2012
    A fantastic game, probably best of 2011 just not as good as the second one. Gameplay wise it's perfect, the ability to throw grenades back is great, and the hand to hand is better than its ever been just a little glitchy. Story wise, however, this game takes a slight dip compared to the second one. A lot of the moments just feel like excuses to throw Drake at something crazy, and I was aA fantastic game, probably best of 2011 just not as good as the second one. Gameplay wise it's perfect, the ability to throw grenades back is great, and the hand to hand is better than its ever been just a little glitchy. Story wise, however, this game takes a slight dip compared to the second one. A lot of the moments just feel like excuses to throw Drake at something crazy, and I was a little disappointed with the very end(I don't want to ruin the end, so only small spoilers) were there is a dramatic moment and it appears to have all been fake the next second. But all in all a fantastic game! 9.5 Expand
  62. Jan 5, 2012
    uncharted 3 is officialy 2011 goty. it improves on uncharted 2 in everyway the story is brilliant and online is better then mw3.my favourite levels are the sinking ship and the plane mission and the desert missions towards the end are all awesome.a great game that i recommend to all.
  63. Jan 5, 2012
    After being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of aAfter being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of a chore than a fun activity but they have eradicated that in this game. The story and voice acting are amazing once again and all the levels are different, always offering something new, which was the main thing UC2 lacked in my opinion. Definitely a must have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  64. Jan 6, 2012
    Great game as always. If you liked the other games in the series you'll love this game. The only reason I am not giving it a 10 is because I don't feel like they upgraded the graphics from Uncharted 2 (not that it exactly needed to), it just would've been nice to see.
  65. Jan 19, 2012
    The Uncharted series is no doubt the best series for the PS3, possibly in all of gaming right now. Though this game continues Nathan Drake's journey, it seems to miss out on those perfectly epic moments that Uncharted 2 had. That's not to say that there aren't epic moments, it's just it doesn't feel the same. But the cinematics, voice acting, and graphics are second to none, and theThe Uncharted series is no doubt the best series for the PS3, possibly in all of gaming right now. Though this game continues Nathan Drake's journey, it seems to miss out on those perfectly epic moments that Uncharted 2 had. That's not to say that there aren't epic moments, it's just it doesn't feel the same. But the cinematics, voice acting, and graphics are second to none, and the multiplayer and co-op are truly a blast to play. The online multiplayer won't take down Modern Warfare or Battlefield, but it has lots of fun and varied moments. Expand
  66. Jan 19, 2012
    I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2,I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2, also completely new Co-op gameplay. There are 6 chapters, each last 20-30 minutes. This is a must buy for PlayStation 3 owners and fans of the series. Expand
  67. Feb 1, 2012
    This game is simply 1 of the best games ive played and the graphics are great, i'd like to call this the Indiana Jones of the PS3. Great voice acting by Nolan North, and the story is awesome. Great job Naughty Dog! :D
  68. Feb 2, 2012
    Quick summary:
    Graphics are awesome
    Story is awesome
    Gameplay is awesome
    Online is awesome
    Nathan Drake is awesome

The Uncharted series.... IS AWESOME!
  69. Feb 4, 2012
    What more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have notWhat more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have not played this and the last 2 games SHAME ON YOU ! Expand
  70. Feb 5, 2012
    El describir que tan bueno es Uncharted, seria adecuado preguntarte primero, que tan buenas son las peliculas de Indiana Jones?, asi de bueno es el guion/trama de este juego de Naughty Dog, desde el principio hace que te adentres tanto en los personajes como en la trama del juego, visitar bastantes lugares para redondear tanto las capacidades de la PS3 como de los desarrolladores,El describir que tan bueno es Uncharted, seria adecuado preguntarte primero, que tan buenas son las peliculas de Indiana Jones?, asi de bueno es el guion/trama de este juego de Naughty Dog, desde el principio hace que te adentres tanto en los personajes como en la trama del juego, visitar bastantes lugares para redondear tanto las capacidades de la PS3 como de los desarrolladores, mezclando elementos de Covering con Shooter y Puzzles con buena historia es una buena combinacion, el primer juego que adquiri de la saga fue este, y me hizo comprarme las primeras dos partes, podria asegurar que esta tercera entrega es la perfeccion de la saga Uncharted, si Naughty Dog decide terminarlo aqui, seria un acierto, ya que la competencia tendria que trabajar horas extras para siquiera llegarle al 20% de diversion del juego. Expand
  71. Feb 7, 2012
    Just got a new ps3 and it came with uncharted 3 that was a good investment the game is awesome I haven't been able to put my controller down good game
  72. Feb 8, 2012
    This games is great. However, it parellels Uncharted 2 to much for my liking. I won't ruining the story but I will tell you it's familar ground if you've played uncharted 2, but if you've played Uncharted 2 you'll know that thats not a bad thing. It does feel a bit short and I whish they had spent more time in the desert because it was graphically stunning in the desert, there was oneThis games is great. However, it parellels Uncharted 2 to much for my liking. I won't ruining the story but I will tell you it's familar ground if you've played uncharted 2, but if you've played Uncharted 2 you'll know that thats not a bad thing. It does feel a bit short and I whish they had spent more time in the desert because it was graphically stunning in the desert, there was one point in the desert section where I actually thought it was real life, thats quite an achievement. All the characters from two return but apart from sully they all feel like cameos, in fact theres only two new character (good not bad) one who's a bit steretypically british but works well and contrasts Nate's American beliefs and behaviour and another who you never really get to know which feels like a bit of a waste. The AI seem to charge you alot more in this game which when in large numbers and with shotguns can create horrible difficulty that aren't fun and draw you from the experience. However, the charging enemies allows you gasp at the incredibally cool looking and fun hand to hand combat , in fact you'll probably being doing most of the charging which is a good thing. There are stealth sections, I think because when ever I try and do them I always end up shooting. Also you learn about Nates history but your never really told much just hinted which is a good thing because that means there is going to be another Uncharted and I can't wait. There is an online but I really don't like it the guns have major recoil which wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't take so much bullets to kill someone. You've probably played the beta which was very succsessfull so you'll know if you like the online or not but the co-op missions are great fun and theres an onslaught mode similar to uncharted 2 which is great to play with friends. Expand
  73. Feb 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is a good game, and as with most sequels it has many similarities with it's predecessor yet enough to make it feel new. The only problem I have with the game is with the aiming/shooting mechanism (it constantly raises the more you shoot), and the lame ending. Expand
  74. Feb 14, 2012
    Drake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall theDrake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall the game a great buy for a PS3 owner. 9.25/10 Expand
  75. Feb 15, 2012
    A bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces toA bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces to complement and enhance the game, Uncharted 3 seems built simply to take you from one ridiculous stunt to the next, which is exciting, but a bit shallow. Multiplayer also takes a step back as well, with what I would refer to as gimmicks added for the casual player. Kickbacks and loadouts are two new additions that do nothing but hold the game back for me. All that said, the game is still enjoyable for sure, with a thrilling single player that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  76. Feb 16, 2012
    This game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game isThis game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game is also top notch. They tell it amazingly. The story sticks to the story of Nathan Drake unlike Uncharted 2. Must-have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  77. Feb 17, 2012
    Drake has never failed to entertain the players. This game is no exception. The story is still very original, the gun fights are interesting, and there are really no flaws except one - the ending. Throughout the entire game, the scenes vary and the stories are hooking, but there has really been nothing new since Among Thieves. Uncharted fans expect much more than a story in pretty citiesDrake has never failed to entertain the players. This game is no exception. The story is still very original, the gun fights are interesting, and there are really no flaws except one - the ending. Throughout the entire game, the scenes vary and the stories are hooking, but there has really been nothing new since Among Thieves. Uncharted fans expect much more than a story in pretty cities and climbing difficult structures: the game elements stay pretty much the same. After the pinnacle of the 2nd game, Drake deceits us to conclude a great franchise (Mass Effect 3, I'm talking about you). Expand
  78. Feb 18, 2012
    It is commonly said that Uncharted 3 just evolves on what Uncharted 2 did. But, to me, they have changed the concentration of the game in ways that it feels fresh. I should have known better than to think that it would be all in the desert. But the exotic locations are absolutely stunning, crammed with people. The first thing that you notice in the game is that, occasionally, there areIt is commonly said that Uncharted 3 just evolves on what Uncharted 2 did. But, to me, they have changed the concentration of the game in ways that it feels fresh. I should have known better than to think that it would be all in the desert. But the exotic locations are absolutely stunning, crammed with people. The first thing that you notice in the game is that, occasionally, there are brawl scenes where you are only allowed to use your fists. Don't worry- they are satisfying sections. You may also notice that Chloe (who had a slight touch of the uncanny valley in Uncharted 2) looks better now. The game also features a nice line in leather jacket animations, lighting created by fire and stonework. The next thing is the puzzles- they seem more natural than ever rather than just huge obstacle courses. Coupled with the sometimes scholarly interiors, it gives the game more of a true Indiana Jones feel. The next thing- the enemies. When you first see them, you might ask 'what are they doing?' They don't just take cover any more- they will run around all over the place and it looks menacing when they are in suits. Gunfights start off in a small way but become increasingly lengthier and more difficult as the game progresses in a way more reminscent of the first game than the second. The next thing- this game features some amazing parkour sequences, running in and across buildings, much lengthier than those in the second game- it's reminiscent of those trailers that we saw for Beyond Good and Evil 2. which now has its work cut out for it. The game does include a lot of cut scenes but when the in game looks just as good as those it's alright. To say that it's like playing the best Indiana Jones / Bond film never made would be to do the series a disservice- those films never gave you all this, except more vehicular action, something curiously that the first game in the series was most memorable for me with the jetskis sections, too stop and start presumably for Naughty Dog to replicate in some way in the later games. Uncharted 3 has some HUGE gameplay sequences such as the boatyard (like a nice next-gen equivalent of Banjo Kazooie's Rusty Bucket Bay I felt) - I didn't expect it to rival Rage for fraughtness but it sometimes did. The game also features a dream-like sequence, a nice touch for me whilst I wait for Max Payne 3. I haven't actually finished the game yet but it the most convincingly 'filmic' so far, with challenging spikes, even if it sometimes contrives to patronise you by telling you how you are going to go about a puzzle a minute or so after you first spotted it. Whatvever- it seems about as great a game as could have been made. Very good game Naughty Dog- some lovely music too. Expand
  79. Feb 21, 2012
    It's a very good game! I recomend it! ololololololol! If you never played this game before you must try it! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I LIKE THIS GAME and I don't want to write review for 150 characters! I'm just want to rate this awesome game! Do you anderstand that?
  80. Feb 22, 2012
    a good game with stunning graphics and great cinematic moments but i think the story let it down! a shame really but UC2 was always a hard act to follow!
  81. Feb 24, 2012
    I really, really enjoyed this game. The action sequences were well paced as was the game overall. What kept me from rating this a perfect 10 was that I found some of the camera angles were weird and caused me to die more often than normal. The story was great too. During most games, I usually just skip the "movie" sequences, but I have always found the Uncharted games to have above averageI really, really enjoyed this game. The action sequences were well paced as was the game overall. What kept me from rating this a perfect 10 was that I found some of the camera angles were weird and caused me to die more often than normal. The story was great too. During most games, I usually just skip the "movie" sequences, but I have always found the Uncharted games to have above average writing and casting. The characters are well fleshed out and the scripts are excellent and engrossing. I also like the fact that the relationship between Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher doesn't get in the way of the game or storyline. The Uncharted series has never fallen into the "boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy must spend the rest of the game chasing said girl". I think that Victor Sullivan is my favorite character, though. I love his dry sense of humor and the way he and Nathan play off of each other. However, I feel that Sully wasn't as funny in Uncharted 3 as he was in the first 2 games in the series. I kind of missed that. Overall, though, great job Naughty Dog. I really hope this isn't the end of the Uncharted series. Expand
  82. Feb 27, 2012
    Wow!!!!! so much better than Uncharted 2. Very close to the best game I've played, and I've played a heap! They've really captured that action movie style. Great Story! Excellent Graphics! All around good fun! Highly recommended.
  83. Mar 5, 2012
    Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story.Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story. Poorly fleshed out villains and a plot that was, well, pretty tacked on. Overall, a great game, but the weakest in the trilogy. One that pales in comparison with its predecessor. Expand
  84. Mar 6, 2012
    Games which required advanced technical skills, or an advanced level of concentration and planning, can only really be judged by those gamers who have those skill sets. Not all people do. On the flip side, games which do not require those skills are best not reviewed by gamers with advanced skills because they will miss what the game is offering and bemoan the ease of the game. Uncharted 3Games which required advanced technical skills, or an advanced level of concentration and planning, can only really be judged by those gamers who have those skill sets. Not all people do. On the flip side, games which do not require those skills are best not reviewed by gamers with advanced skills because they will miss what the game is offering and bemoan the ease of the game. Uncharted 3 is game which does not require a great deal of technical skill to play through because the developers want to take you on an adventure rather than have you replaying the same level several hundred times in a row because you arenâ Expand
  85. Mar 13, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is an awesome game. It may be short but is well worth the money I spent. I can still spend so much more time with it to. The multi-player and co-op game modes add so much more to it as well. This is a game anyone with a PS3 should play. IGN gave this game a 10 but thats too much simple because no game is perfect and this game isn't but, is sure close.
  86. Mar 16, 2012
    Beautifully realized game. Third game in a tremendous series, all of which are must-owns for any PS3 owner! Deep characters, a beautiful story, and surprisingly intuitive controls make this a gaming experience of a lifetime.
  87. Mar 17, 2012
    Im a fan of the series and this final entry was great but had minor flaws that really stood out throughout the game (including a part in the ending). The graphics and presentation were top-notch. The plot and gameplay were good as well. The character developments were amazing. If you have a ps3, this is a great game to consider.
  88. Aug 10, 2012
    PlayStation 3 gamers have had some of the best games this generation, and Uncharted 3 is right up near the top of that list. It
  89. Apr 22, 2012
    Best game on the ps3. There isn't even a contest when it comes to which series or game dominates the ps3 and Uncharted showcased there power with the most recent game. The story line of the game is the best of any game and Naughty dog had a lot of work to do being that Uncharted 2 was the undisputed game of the year. And they delivered, the beauty of the game is unbelievable and theBest game on the ps3. There isn't even a contest when it comes to which series or game dominates the ps3 and Uncharted showcased there power with the most recent game. The story line of the game is the best of any game and Naughty dog had a lot of work to do being that Uncharted 2 was the undisputed game of the year. And they delivered, the beauty of the game is unbelievable and the storyline is the best that it has been. The gameplay is smooth yet difficult at times towards the end, but good games have challenges. The ship scene as well as the desert levels are absolutely beautiful. The story line will capture you and pull emotion out of you which is difficult to do sometimes. The multiplayer is a unique one and its always nice to play it since most of the games anymore are just first person shooters. In conclusion, Uncharted's possible final game on the ps3 captured fans and delivered one of the best gaming experiences ps3 users have had. Expand
  90. Jan 2, 2014
    this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff"this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff" gameplay. The characters were excellent with a story we are used to from an uncharted game. could've done with less cutscenes though, and maybe a better boss fight? but those are my only two complaints. Multiplayer is enjoyable once you get past the learning curve, but definately a great game with varied gameplay that doesn't feel repititve. Expand
  91. May 26, 2012
    The Uncharted series has always proved that shooters don't always have to be about shooting. This game is full of strategy and the visuals are among the most stunning of any game ever.
  92. May 27, 2012
    I didn't think the game could get better than uncharted 2, but it did.
  93. May 28, 2012
    The Uncharted franchise defiantly increases the scope through each new instalment with its brilliant set pieces, clever structure, flawless graphics and an engrossing narrative starring Nathan Drake who will soon be one of the most beloved videogame characters of all time. Some of these qualities sound like they belong in a summer blockbuster but no this is a videogame and damn good one atThe Uncharted franchise defiantly increases the scope through each new instalment with its brilliant set pieces, clever structure, flawless graphics and an engrossing narrative starring Nathan Drake who will soon be one of the most beloved videogame characters of all time. Some of these qualities sound like they belong in a summer blockbuster but no this is a videogame and damn good one at that! 9/10 Expand
  94. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is just amazing. Better than 1, and 2 in my personal opinion. There were many twists the new combo system was just a blast and, the story,Graphics,gameplay were flipping out of this world. This game is just so good I mean come on who doesn't like Nathan Drake
  95. Jun 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ladies and gentlemen, behold: one of the best action adventure games of this generation. Refined gameplay, astonishing graphics, great storytelling and addicting multiplayer - that's what awaits you should you decide to buy this one. (and trust me, you should)
    Singleplayer: The best in the series, it's now more emphasised on the characters of Drake and Sully. Lots of breathtaking moments, especially the one on the plane. (this one is hard to forget) The moment when Sully "died" was so emotional I almost cried, and it was a huge relief to know that it was a hallucionation.
    Co-op: Both online and split-screen, it's nothing special, even thought it's got its own mini-storyline mixing up all the characters from the trilogy and actually making fun of them.
    Multiplayer: It's surprisingly addictive and well-balanced, I usually quickly get bored with all those rank-based multiplayer shooter, but this one surprisingly kept me hooked for a while, I even achieved rank 31. (It is quite rare for me lol)
    Overall, it's really one of the best games of 2011, this console generation and maybe of all time, and I feel sorry for the xbox-only owners who can't experience this masterpiece.
  96. Jun 3, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece. Think about uncharted 2 only better in every way. Even though the story seems all too similar a great strength of uncharted 3 is its unpredictability. First of all it totally focuses on the relationship between drake and sully and that is surely a first. Secondly the game play itself revolves around melee attacks and its so well paced that it gives a wholeUncharted 3 is a masterpiece. Think about uncharted 2 only better in every way. Even though the story seems all too similar a great strength of uncharted 3 is its unpredictability. First of all it totally focuses on the relationship between drake and sully and that is surely a first. Secondly the game play itself revolves around melee attacks and its so well paced that it gives a whole experience. This is now my brand new favorite game and that's not an overstatement. The story is so fleshed out that back stories are being covered and new grounds are covered in the characters that we love. Its so much more than a game in every little detail that it has. The multiplayer is also an experience in itself. Even when you have a terrible game you can always say that the game wasn't a waste of time. Everything together makes multiplayer fresh every time. Although don't think that as a newbie you're going to strut in and start winning its still a difficult experience. Naughty dog thanks that was great! Expand
  97. Jun 13, 2012
    It pains me to write this review since I am a huge Uncharted fanboy having played the series since its inception way back in 2007. Uncharted is by far the worst of the series and one of 2011's biggest disappointments in gaming IMO. I bought the game back in December but I'm deciding to do a review because the vast amount of 10s display nothing but blind fanboyism. This game's problem isn'tIt pains me to write this review since I am a huge Uncharted fanboy having played the series since its inception way back in 2007. Uncharted is by far the worst of the series and one of 2011's biggest disappointments in gaming IMO. I bought the game back in December but I'm deciding to do a review because the vast amount of 10s display nothing but blind fanboyism. This game's problem isn't graphics, it's the piss poor gameplay and storyline. Let me start off with the story. My God is it terrible. It started off pretty cool but ND rushed the damn thing. The pacing is just off in this game. The game just throws puzzles after puzzles after puzzle a you and there are two huge set pieces done right after each other. Not to mention the death of one of the main villains was just lazy writing and the other I'll get to in gameplay. Oh yeah and two characters disappear at the start of the game and never show up again. One thing I loved bout the series is the relationship between characters, this game had none.

So gameplay, it sucks. UC2 had the smoothest gameplay I had ever seen. Taking cover, aiming, popping out of cover it was all so smooth. This time around aiming is a pain in the butt, taking cover can be a daunting task as a lot of time there's input lag causing you to tap O once for cover but thinking you didn't get to cover you tap it again and you end up popping up your head, getting killed. Transitioning leads to nothing but just popping up your head as well. Oh yeah and moving Nate is like moving a damn truck! He moves so slow and like he's falling on himself. Platforming sucks as you're going to spend a lot of time cussing because for some off reason you didn't grab onto the pipe you were supposed to.

Gunfights are terrible. Enemies spawn all over the place thaat make it impossible to find cover in a suitable place. Until you die and the game puts you in a place that will over ample cover. Oh yeah and in every wave of enemies there's the one guy with the helmet who requires 20 headshots and the one 7 foot guy Nate fisticuffs with, with the same animation over and over. Eveerytime you fight the big guy, the animation is the same. And the boss fight? It's a quick time event. Are you serious? The only reason I'm giving this game a 8 is probably because the fanboy in me can't rate it any lower. It's rushed and is buggy and the gameplay flaws happen way too often for it to be excusable.
  98. Jun 13, 2012
    Uncharted 3 continues the great tale of Nathan Drake, Sully, Elena, cloe and introduces even new characters to the game.
    Well designed and great to play, it does not stand back from the great Uncharted 2

Multiplayer is the highlight, and to this day one of the most played games I ever played
  99. Jun 21, 2012
    Drakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system fromDrakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system from uncharted has been removed and was replaced with an inferior one were when you are in cover and take aim it was almost always over the wrong shoulder view. why they just did not add a central gun-scope view i dont know. the new updated fighting system works in places and fails badly in others, (point of fact the final fight can turn into an endless never ending fight .if you do not press the correct buttons so it is not a free fight but a scripted one. i like many others thought this was a glitch but no really its just a bug with a badly thought out ending. the graphics are okay but there are too many indoor areas and not enough jungles or outdoor vistas. even the desert dune fails as you have no idea which direction to go in then when you finally work it out there is nothing in the level you just walk to the next area. the puzzles and level design and jewel collection were all inferior and weaker to the previous games. jewels are much easier to find in uc3. Deceptions saving grace is the once again excellent multi-player and co op modes they are still great and if you loved the multi-player it is still worth picking up. Game of the year version will be available this year with all dlc content included if its at platinum game price its still a bargain. Over-all a dissapointing story for drakes return Expand
  100. Jul 2, 2012
    It's a VERY great game....for about 3/4 of the way through. After that point the game feels rushed and underproduced. The gameplay mechanics are perfected to an even greater extent than they were in the second release, however the story is very underdeveloped and is ridden with plot holes and unresolved questions. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but Uncharted 3 has better gameplay andIt's a VERY great game....for about 3/4 of the way through. After that point the game feels rushed and underproduced. The gameplay mechanics are perfected to an even greater extent than they were in the second release, however the story is very underdeveloped and is ridden with plot holes and unresolved questions. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but Uncharted 3 has better gameplay and graphics. Both are masterpieces in my opinion and deserve to be recognized as such. I just wish they'd release some DLC or SOMETHING to answer these unresolved issues and patch the plot holes that are ever so prevalent. Expand
  101. Dec 3, 2011

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]