8.3

1. Dec 28, 2011
    Same at Uncharted 2, epic history. Developers make progress with graphic, have better textures and better AA, named MLAA. Locations are awesome with lots of details. Multiplayer same situation at U2, its just booring after long playing. So i not give a 10/10 but 9/10. Ohh and is a must have for every PS3 Player :P.
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    If you talk about history, I give you Skyrim. If you talk about gameplay, I'll give Arkham City. But if you want them, I give Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 is as epic as the Uncharted 2, but makes some errors in your script, as characters who disappear from the plot, however, develops very well the relationship of master and apprentice (much like father and son) Drake, Sully. At the end of theIf you talk about history, I give you Skyrim. If you talk about gameplay, I'll give Arkham City. But if you want them, I give Uncharted 3. Uncharted 3 is as epic as the Uncharted 2, but makes some errors in your script, as characters who disappear from the plot, however, develops very well the relationship of master and apprentice (much like father and son) Drake, Sully. At the end of the game, you understand why he deserves the title of one of the best of 2011, however Uncharted 2 is better. Expand
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    This is just.....a MASTERPIECE.This game have everything from the single player campaign to the multiplayer.The gameplay is fluid,the storyline it's unpredictable and the graphics are just ,,WOW''.If you have a PS3 you should buy this game.
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    I just finished it and thought it was one of the best games I have ever played. Beautiful cinematics, great voice acting, believable and intriguing storyline, Uncharted 3 is definitely better than its predecessor. There was memorable moments and the different environments were exciting to play in, from the old streets of England to the hot sands of Arabia, a must play game.
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    Having played both 1 and 2, i have to say i started deception with high anticipation and v high expectations. On a positive note, the cinematography was amazing, i loved the water, the ship, airplane fighting and the sand. The story flew well and I just love Sully also. The end where the hallucinations pan out was also unique to play. However, there is nothing neaw abt the storyline.Having played both 1 and 2, i have to say i started deception with high anticipation and v high expectations. On a positive note, the cinematography was amazing, i loved the water, the ship, airplane fighting and the sand. The story flew well and I just love Sully also. The end where the hallucinations pan out was also unique to play. However, there is nothing neaw abt the storyline. Drakes goes to open every gate and do everything, then the bad guys come to get the stuff away, the drake has to stop the bad guy and then they have to escape. It is the same thing again and again. Abit cliche really. Still, one of the best games, easily wins over other games but extremely hard to get better than uncharted 2, which I consider was the best! Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2011
    Uncharted 3's biggest problem is that all of it's competition tries to improve and expand as a sequel, Uncharted plays it safe and does alter the game too much. Uncharted 3 is not a bad game, especially to Uncharted fans like me, but I think that Uncharted 4 should change up the formula and try to be as memorable as Uncharted 2 was. 9.5/10
  7. Dec 29, 2011
    This is one of the greatest games of this year and one of the best on the PS3 but sadly not as memorable as its predecessor. It combines the best action set pieces of any game with great hand to hand combat and a now tuned gun play with excellent puzzles and climbing, along with the best graphics of a video game in history for now and dialogue which feels like your actually talking to theThis is one of the greatest games of this year and one of the best on the PS3 but sadly not as memorable as its predecessor. It combines the best action set pieces of any game with great hand to hand combat and a now tuned gun play with excellent puzzles and climbing, along with the best graphics of a video game in history for now and dialogue which feels like your actually talking to the characters themselves. But I was disappointed with the ending which felt familiar and same old same old run and gun and when I sore that there was 22 chapters I knew that we weren't going to explore much of this amazing city that they designed. And the only other criticism is I thought that the main character was going to play a much bigger role and use mind trickery a lot more. But putting that all to one side I congratulate Naughty Dog at trying to beat its predecessor and nearly succeeded. Maybe not everyones effort was in on this game because of the new title The Last of Us on its way and in development when they were still putting the final touches on uncharted 3. But hats off to the developers at Naughty Dog they have created another beautiful masterpiece. Expand
  8. Dec 29, 2011
    It's still awesome, but not as good as uncharted 2. It's just not new anymore, nothing really fresh in it... But it's still a great game.
  9. Dec 29, 2011
    After I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being aAfter I completed Uncharted 3 I was, to be honest disappointed. Compared with the others, It was pretty the worst in the series.. Of course,that's not really a criticism though, as the other two were great. I just thought the story wasn't as good as the others (and bat **** crazy). Saying that though, it was great fun, the game play is flawless and the characters are great (Cutter being a great new addition). Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2011
    Of all the action/adventure games that have surfaced over the years, none have been as compelling and well done as the Uncharted Series. With Nathan Drake's third outing, Drake's Deception aims to create the greatest Uncharted experience, besting it's near-flawless predecessor in every way. In the end, Uncharted 3 falls short of the target, but that doesn't keep it from being one of theOf all the action/adventure games that have surfaced over the years, none have been as compelling and well done as the Uncharted Series. With Nathan Drake's third outing, Drake's Deception aims to create the greatest Uncharted experience, besting it's near-flawless predecessor in every way. In the end, Uncharted 3 falls short of the target, but that doesn't keep it from being one of the years best titles. The campaign is yet again the game's highlight. Here's the good: The cinematics and voice-acting are superb. The characters are lifelike. The graphics are instant eye-candy from start to finish- once you behold them, no game will look better. The sound effects impress, and the soundtrack provides some of the best music in gaming. The pacing is well done: gun combat, platforming, and puzzle-solving all intertwine perfectly. The set pieces are epic, ones that Hollywood could only dream of. However, with a campaign this amazing, it still has its letdowns. To begin, the story isn't as compelling as Uncharted 2's. Don't get me wrong, its a great story, but there are several elements that are not well told. In addition, the AI are not as smart as the ones in Uncharted 2. They may sometimes run passed you and never bother to attack, and when you shoot them, they don't react to the bullet in a realistic way. Either way, the game is still equally as hard as Uncharted 2. Also, the campaigns re-playability isn't as strong: It clocks in at a mere 8 hours compared to Uncharted 2's 12 hour epicness. Collecting treasures return, but thats it. In Uncharted 2, you could switch your weapon, character skins, and cheats(fast motion, infinite ammo, one-shot kills, no gravity). These features are non-existent in Uncharted 3, a big disappointment. Regardless of all these flaws, the campaign is still worthy of endless re-playability. But Uncharted 3 also has multiplayer. The multiplayer has much, much more to offer than Uncharted 2. A deep level of persistence, new game modes, and things like power plays and treasure drops make this multiplayer stand out from the competition. You'll find it to be similar to Call of Duty's persistence and fast-paced gameplay, and while it may upset some, it really isn't all that bad. It's insanely fun, actually. I will say that sometimes i'll play Uncharted 2's multiplayer over Uncharted 3's because it plays a lot different and can be as equally as fun. Character models are not as beautiful as Uncharted 2's, and there are still some balance issues, but its a great experience nevertheless. Overall, Uncharted 3 is an incredible game: it may not be better than Uncharted 2, but that shouldn't stop you from buying it, let alone getting a PS3. Expand
  11. Dec 30, 2011
    Com certeza o melhor jogo do ano, gráficos perfeitos e uma história interessante que prende você no jogo . Já zerei ele duas vezes e agora estou no multiplayer. A Naughty Dog está de parabéns ao fazer esse jogo
  12. Dec 31, 2011
    While rough around the edges, Naughty dog once again pushes the envelope when it comes to creating a gorgeous cinematic experience with decent interactive gameplay. The inclusion of online multiplayer was smart and gives added value for the dollar. I expect this is a sign of things to come as naughty dog evolves as a developer. The character animations, character development, andWhile rough around the edges, Naughty dog once again pushes the envelope when it comes to creating a gorgeous cinematic experience with decent interactive gameplay. The inclusion of online multiplayer was smart and gives added value for the dollar. I expect this is a sign of things to come as naughty dog evolves as a developer. The character animations, character development, and backdrops throughout the game deserve mention as standout aspects of the game. The story of Nathan Drake borrows from Bond, Indiana Jones, and many of the best hiest, action/adventure, and mystery/conspiracy movies of the past 30 years and yet still manages to feel fresh and original because ND is truly invested in the franchise. Expand
  13. Dec 31, 2011
    I have to say that this is the BEST game I've ever played! Everything in this game is top-notch, there is nothing negative I can say about it. This game deserves an overall rating of 9.5 or more, and a perfect 10 from me - loving this game so much! You have to be stupid to rate it below 9.5.
  14. Dec 31, 2011
    Uncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in veryUncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in very anticlimactic way makes the story seem rushed, unfinished and not thought-out. Overall the graphics improved greatly, but backgrounds look poorly animated and sadly, texture popping returned after being nearly absent from Uncharted 2's single player. Something that also bothered me alot about the graphics was the often advertised sand. Because when I first reached chapter 18, I was disappointed to find out that the at first glance spectacular lokking sand wasn't more than a flat texture, only creating the illusion of sand. The level design was yet another thing I was pretty disappointed with, since tracking back the exact same rout as I entered a level wasn't exactly what I expected from linear single player campaign as short as this one. The cinematic moments from the last game were taken several steps further in this one, maybe a few steps too far, instead of having full control as it was in Among Thieves, the player now has hardly any control in those moments and seems to be only pushing Nate forward for the scene to continue.
    The amazing soundtrack , which seems to show us what some scenes maybe should have made us feel, isn't enough to take away the bitter feeling that makes me think what this game could've been with more time.
  15. Jan 1, 2012
    I must say the gap between that of Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 is not as much a bottomless abyss but that of a something a world record long jumper can probably traverse with relative ease. But that does not detract from the absolute joy I had from playing this game start to finish multiple times. Graphics:
    One thing that is improved is the graphical quality of the entire games, the
    One thing that is improved is the graphical quality of the entire games, the character models, the textures, some of the effects like the water, have all be vastly tweaked to an almost photo realistic standard. Although the overall effect does not look as flabbergastingly brilliant as some of the set pieces of Uncharted 2 (mind you that is down more to the choice of set piece rather than execution). Secondly, the sound: The one thing that Uncharted has done better than most games is voice acting, and Nathan Drake's latest outing is no different. Nolan North is again on form with some top notch acting really adding layers to his character as he goes. The same can be said for Victor Sullivan, his character as well is really brought out and you get a real sense of how deep Nate's and Sully's friendship really is. Although as for the main bad guys, I've scoured the internet and most people feel that the main character should have been voice by Helen Mirren and I'm inclined to agree, definitely feels like a missed opportunity! The sound track is something else in this game, it is definitely one of the corner stones for the cinematic experience and this corner stone is a granite base! Very well orchestrated soundtrack always fits the mood perfectly. Another thing I have noticed is that the weapons don't sound quite so cheap anymore, and that adds to the feel of the game play too, a nice parallel is the transition from Gears of War and Gears of War 2, the weapons sounded so much meaner and it really added to the feel of each weapon. Single player game play: I see Uncharted becoming formulaic, much in the way The Legend of Zelda is, but that is not a bad thing at all if done properly, I'd say Uncharted 3 hits it right! The thing I liked about Uncharted's story modes up to this point was the fact that they would last about 8 hours, which is twice the length of most shooter campaigns these days AND you are pretty much glued to your seat for the duration. Not many games can boast of this trait but Uncharted 3 can. So Uncharted 3's story pans out similarly to the other two, like an Indiana Jones film on steroids! A lot of complaints have circulated about the "sluggish" aiming system and I though I ought to offer a positive opinion on this so here goes...
    The way I see the new aiming system is that it is coupled with the new melee system where you can engage an enemy or a group of enemies Assassin's Creed stylee for some fisticuff action rather than just mashing the square button and then the triangle when prompted. So I believe that Naughty Dog toned down the aiming speed in order to encourage players to engage at close quarters and get the most out of that combat system. To be honest if you really find the aiming that sluggish just turn the darn sensitivity, that or utilise the new patch that Naughty Dog have provided... From my experience the combat has been considerably tense through out, with a killer cover and shoot mechanic that can almost rival the Gears of War series. The weapons all feel much improved and much more heavy duty, what also startles me is the variety of weapons, such as weapons for extreme close range like a sawed off shotgun and weapons for extreme long range such as the bolt action sniper rifle! Another good feature about the single player is the pacing, rather than just being at 11 all of the time, the game often slows down to get you to solve puzzles, which I found in this instalment to be more challenging than the other two, a little bit more time is spent actually thing rather than just looking at Drake's Journal where an imaginary wealth of knowledge just sort of ends up in there. Also some key moments of the story slow down the pace of the game but in a good way, but I shan't elaborate as it would contain spoilers, but I think players will appreciate the slow down of pace and can take some time to observe a bit of character development and plot thickening. Multi player: Multi player is on form again, it takes the fun from the formula that was present in Uncharted 2 and adds LOADS of new features to it, including a lot of customisation options for your online avatar. Like most good multi player experiences, it is very rewarding extends the longevity of the game infinitely. It doesn't matter whether you are competitive or cooperative, Naughty Dog have catered for both tweaked co-op missions from campaign set pieces but also some great competitive game modes set in original maps (which I feel is a bit of a dying art, making original maps). Overall Uncharted 3 is a fantastic experience but also has enough pull to it to revisit months after your purchase!
  16. Jan 2, 2012
    My game of the year without question. The rollercoaster of emotions UC3 took me on was incredible. I've spent a lot of money on a 3D tv and UC3 made me not regret a single penny. The locations you visit are incredible and the senario's your placed in are different class! The relationship you build with the characters are incredible and grow stronger with each instalement of these groundMy game of the year without question. The rollercoaster of emotions UC3 took me on was incredible. I've spent a lot of money on a 3D tv and UC3 made me not regret a single penny. The locations you visit are incredible and the senario's your placed in are different class! The relationship you build with the characters are incredible and grow stronger with each instalement of these ground breaking games. If I had to add one critism is that the aiming system is awful and what the hell have naughty dog done to Elena's beautiful face? google music, pandora, limewire Expand
  17. Jan 3, 2012
    I was extremely excited for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and I had really high expectations. This game certainly lived up to those and delivered one of the most fun, addictive, beautiful and interesting games that I have ever played. This game has INCREDIBLE visuals and in chapter 6 the tree leaves in the jungle look a bit bad, especially when compared to the jaw- dropping visuals of theI was extremely excited for Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and I had really high expectations. This game certainly lived up to those and delivered one of the most fun, addictive, beautiful and interesting games that I have ever played. This game has INCREDIBLE visuals and in chapter 6 the tree leaves in the jungle look a bit bad, especially when compared to the jaw- dropping visuals of the Rub' al Khali desert. There are certainly parts of the game which look better than the other, and the game starts to really look incredible around the end of the game. The gameplay is fantastic. It has solid shooting mechanics, incredibly fun stealth (which I feel needs to be in the game more) and fun puzzles. Searching for treasures is as addicting as ever and the treasures are more cleverly hidden. I won't give it away, but the one treasure in chapter 18 was so well hidden, that it took a walkthrough for me to be able to find it. Of course no game is perfect and Uncharted 3 is certainly no exception. The story had quite a few holes. There were some moments I was left scratching my head at some of the things in the story. Also I felt that the multiplayer (while fun for a bit) was unneeded. I've barely played the multiplayer, and it is quite fun but it has nothing on the incredible singleplayer. But I do really like the co-op multiplayer because it is a lot of fun. In the end Uncharted 3 was not a perfect game, but it was an absolutely masterful game with a great story, fantastic characters, great gameplay, incredible visuals and great SFX. Uncharted 3 is an absolute must buy for all PS3 owners, I promise you that your money will be well spent. Expand
  18. Jan 4, 2012
    A fantastic game, probably best of 2011 just not as good as the second one. Gameplay wise it's perfect, the ability to throw grenades back is great, and the hand to hand is better than its ever been just a little glitchy. Story wise, however, this game takes a slight dip compared to the second one. A lot of the moments just feel like excuses to throw Drake at something crazy, and I was aA fantastic game, probably best of 2011 just not as good as the second one. Gameplay wise it's perfect, the ability to throw grenades back is great, and the hand to hand is better than its ever been just a little glitchy. Story wise, however, this game takes a slight dip compared to the second one. A lot of the moments just feel like excuses to throw Drake at something crazy, and I was a little disappointed with the very end(I don't want to ruin the end, so only small spoilers) were there is a dramatic moment and it appears to have all been fake the next second. But all in all a fantastic game! 9.5 Expand
  19. Jan 5, 2012
    uncharted 3 is officialy 2011 goty. it improves on uncharted 2 in everyway the story is brilliant and online is better then mw3.my favourite levels are the sinking ship and the plane mission and the desert missions towards the end are all awesome.a great game that i recommend to all.
  20. Jan 5, 2012
    After being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of aAfter being a bit disappointed with Uncharted 2, which I believe to be overhyped, I was interested to see how UC3 fared. Overall, it's a much better game. The gameplay and graphics are still pretty much exactly the same with minor additions to the fighting and some new weapons. However, unlike UC2, I was never bored when playing the story. There were moments in UC2 that felt like more of a chore than a fun activity but they have eradicated that in this game. The story and voice acting are amazing once again and all the levels are different, always offering something new, which was the main thing UC2 lacked in my opinion. Definitely a must have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  21. Jan 6, 2012
    Great game as always. If you liked the other games in the series you'll love this game. The only reason I am not giving it a 10 is because I don't feel like they upgraded the graphics from Uncharted 2 (not that it exactly needed to), it just would've been nice to see.
  22. Jan 19, 2012
    The Uncharted series is no doubt the best series for the PS3, possibly in all of gaming right now. Though this game continues Nathan Drake's journey, it seems to miss out on those perfectly epic moments that Uncharted 2 had. That's not to say that there aren't epic moments, it's just it doesn't feel the same. But the cinematics, voice acting, and graphics are second to none, and theThe Uncharted series is no doubt the best series for the PS3, possibly in all of gaming right now. Though this game continues Nathan Drake's journey, it seems to miss out on those perfectly epic moments that Uncharted 2 had. That's not to say that there aren't epic moments, it's just it doesn't feel the same. But the cinematics, voice acting, and graphics are second to none, and the multiplayer and co-op are truly a blast to play. The online multiplayer won't take down Modern Warfare or Battlefield, but it has lots of fun and varied moments. Expand
  23. Jan 19, 2012
    I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2,I'm a really big fan of the Uncharted series and Naughty Dog, and i'm glad to say that this game is a major improvement over uncharted 2, each game Naughty Dog pushes what the PlayStation 3 can do. This game has amazing graphics, very fun, Action/Puzzle/Platformer/Adventure gameplay. The melee combat is vastly improved over the first two games, the Multiplayer is refined from Uncharted 2, also completely new Co-op gameplay. There are 6 chapters, each last 20-30 minutes. This is a must buy for PlayStation 3 owners and fans of the series. Expand
  24. Feb 1, 2012
    This game is simply 1 of the best games ive played and the graphics are great, i'd like to call this the Indiana Jones of the PS3. Great voice acting by Nolan North, and the story is awesome. Great job Naughty Dog! :D
  25. Feb 2, 2012
    Quick summary:
    Graphics are awesome
    Story is awesome
    Gameplay is awesome
    Online is awesome
    Nathan Drake is awesome

The Uncharted series.... IS AWESOME!
  26. Feb 4, 2012
    What more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have notWhat more can be said ! Its made by Naughty Dog one of the top 5 best game developers in the world. The graphics mind blowing for a ps3 game (take that PC!). The story might not be as intriguing as U2 but it was a nice sort of "Last Crusade" father and son story line. and the multiplayer has improve a lot since U2. One of the Best PS3 games of all times! and if you own a PS3 and have not played this and the last 2 games SHAME ON YOU ! Expand
  27. Feb 5, 2012
    El describir que tan bueno es Uncharted, seria adecuado preguntarte primero, que tan buenas son las peliculas de Indiana Jones?, asi de bueno es el guion/trama de este juego de Naughty Dog, desde el principio hace que te adentres tanto en los personajes como en la trama del juego, visitar bastantes lugares para redondear tanto las capacidades de la PS3 como de los desarrolladores,El describir que tan bueno es Uncharted, seria adecuado preguntarte primero, que tan buenas son las peliculas de Indiana Jones?, asi de bueno es el guion/trama de este juego de Naughty Dog, desde el principio hace que te adentres tanto en los personajes como en la trama del juego, visitar bastantes lugares para redondear tanto las capacidades de la PS3 como de los desarrolladores, mezclando elementos de Covering con Shooter y Puzzles con buena historia es una buena combinacion, el primer juego que adquiri de la saga fue este, y me hizo comprarme las primeras dos partes, podria asegurar que esta tercera entrega es la perfeccion de la saga Uncharted, si Naughty Dog decide terminarlo aqui, seria un acierto, ya que la competencia tendria que trabajar horas extras para siquiera llegarle al 20% de diversion del juego. Expand
  28. Feb 7, 2012
    Just got a new ps3 and it came with uncharted 3 that was a good investment the game is awesome I haven't been able to put my controller down good game
  29. Feb 8, 2012
    This games is great. However, it parellels Uncharted 2 to much for my liking. I won't ruining the story but I will tell you it's familar ground if you've played uncharted 2, but if you've played Uncharted 2 you'll know that thats not a bad thing. It does feel a bit short and I whish they had spent more time in the desert because it was graphically stunning in the desert, there was oneThis games is great. However, it parellels Uncharted 2 to much for my liking. I won't ruining the story but I will tell you it's familar ground if you've played uncharted 2, but if you've played Uncharted 2 you'll know that thats not a bad thing. It does feel a bit short and I whish they had spent more time in the desert because it was graphically stunning in the desert, there was one point in the desert section where I actually thought it was real life, thats quite an achievement. All the characters from two return but apart from sully they all feel like cameos, in fact theres only two new character (good not bad) one who's a bit steretypically british but works well and contrasts Nate's American beliefs and behaviour and another who you never really get to know which feels like a bit of a waste. The AI seem to charge you alot more in this game which when in large numbers and with shotguns can create horrible difficulty that aren't fun and draw you from the experience. However, the charging enemies allows you gasp at the incredibally cool looking and fun hand to hand combat , in fact you'll probably being doing most of the charging which is a good thing. There are stealth sections, I think because when ever I try and do them I always end up shooting. Also you learn about Nates history but your never really told much just hinted which is a good thing because that means there is going to be another Uncharted and I can't wait. There is an online but I really don't like it the guns have major recoil which wouldn't be a bad thing if it didn't take so much bullets to kill someone. You've probably played the beta which was very succsessfull so you'll know if you like the online or not but the co-op missions are great fun and theres an onslaught mode similar to uncharted 2 which is great to play with friends. Expand
  30. Feb 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is a good game, and as with most sequels it has many similarities with it's predecessor yet enough to make it feel new. The only problem I have with the game is with the aiming/shooting mechanism (it constantly raises the more you shoot), and the lame ending. Expand
  31. Feb 14, 2012
    Drake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall theDrake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall the game a great buy for a PS3 owner. 9.25/10 Expand
  32. Feb 15, 2012
    A bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces toA bit of a letdown given the great expectations I had for it. The single player is definitely a great experience, however there are a handful of negatives which take away from the experience. It never focuses on one location long enough, and it seems built around the crazy setpieces, which takes away from the single player, in my opinion. Where Uncharted 2 used the setpieces to complement and enhance the game, Uncharted 3 seems built simply to take you from one ridiculous stunt to the next, which is exciting, but a bit shallow. Multiplayer also takes a step back as well, with what I would refer to as gimmicks added for the casual player. Kickbacks and loadouts are two new additions that do nothing but hold the game back for me. All that said, the game is still enjoyable for sure, with a thrilling single player that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Expand
  33. Feb 16, 2012
    This game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game isThis game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game is also top notch. They tell it amazingly. The story sticks to the story of Nathan Drake unlike Uncharted 2. Must-have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  34. Feb 17, 2012
    Drake has never failed to entertain the players. This game is no exception. The story is still very original, the gun fights are interesting, and there are really no flaws except one - the ending. Throughout the entire game, the scenes vary and the stories are hooking, but there has really been nothing new since Among Thieves. Uncharted fans expect much more than a story in pretty citiesDrake has never failed to entertain the players. This game is no exception. The story is still very original, the gun fights are interesting, and there are really no flaws except one - the ending. Throughout the entire game, the scenes vary and the stories are hooking, but there has really been nothing new since Among Thieves. Uncharted fans expect much more than a story in pretty cities and climbing difficult structures: the game elements stay pretty much the same. After the pinnacle of the 2nd game, Drake deceits us to conclude a great franchise (Mass Effect 3, I'm talking about you). Expand
  35. Feb 18, 2012
    It is commonly said that Uncharted 3 just evolves on what Uncharted 2 did. But, to me, they have changed the concentration of the game in ways that it feels fresh. I should have known better than to think that it would be all in the desert. But the exotic locations are absolutely stunning, crammed with people. The first thing that you notice in the game is that, occasionally, there areIt is commonly said that Uncharted 3 just evolves on what Uncharted 2 did. But, to me, they have changed the concentration of the game in ways that it feels fresh. I should have known better than to think that it would be all in the desert. But the exotic locations are absolutely stunning, crammed with people. The first thing that you notice in the game is that, occasionally, there are brawl scenes where you are only allowed to use your fists. Don't worry- they are satisfying sections. You may also notice that Chloe (who had a slight touch of the uncanny valley in Uncharted 2) looks better now. The game also features a nice line in leather jacket animations, lighting created by fire and stonework. The next thing is the puzzles- they seem more natural than ever rather than just huge obstacle courses. Coupled with the sometimes scholarly interiors, it gives the game more of a true Indiana Jones feel. The next thing- the enemies. When you first see them, you might ask 'what are they doing?' They don't just take cover any more- they will run around all over the place and it looks menacing when they are in suits. Gunfights start off in a small way but become increasingly lengthier and more difficult as the game progresses in a way more reminscent of the first game than the second. The next thing- this game features some amazing parkour sequences, running in and across buildings, much lengthier than those in the second game- it's reminiscent of those trailers that we saw for Beyond Good and Evil 2. which now has its work cut out for it. The game does include a lot of cut scenes but when the in game looks just as good as those it's alright. To say that it's like playing the best Indiana Jones / Bond film never made would be to do the series a disservice- those films never gave you all this, except more vehicular action, something curiously that the first game in the series was most memorable for me with the jetskis sections, too stop and start presumably for Naughty Dog to replicate in some way in the later games. Uncharted 3 has some HUGE gameplay sequences such as the boatyard (like a nice next-gen equivalent of Banjo Kazooie's Rusty Bucket Bay I felt) - I didn't expect it to rival Rage for fraughtness but it sometimes did. The game also features a dream-like sequence, a nice touch for me whilst I wait for Max Payne 3. I haven't actually finished the game yet but it the most convincingly 'filmic' so far, with challenging spikes, even if it sometimes contrives to patronise you by telling you how you are going to go about a puzzle a minute or so after you first spotted it. Whatvever- it seems about as great a game as could have been made. Very good game Naughty Dog- some lovely music too. Expand
  36. Feb 21, 2012
    It's a very good game! I recomend it! ololololololol! If you never played this game before you must try it! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I LIKE THIS GAME and I don't want to write review for 150 characters! I'm just want to rate this awesome game! Do you anderstand that?
  37. Feb 22, 2012
    a good game with stunning graphics and great cinematic moments but i think the story let it down! a shame really but UC2 was always a hard act to follow!
  38. Feb 24, 2012
    I really, really enjoyed this game. The action sequences were well paced as was the game overall. What kept me from rating this a perfect 10 was that I found some of the camera angles were weird and caused me to die more often than normal. The story was great too. During most games, I usually just skip the "movie" sequences, but I have always found the Uncharted games to have above averageI really, really enjoyed this game. The action sequences were well paced as was the game overall. What kept me from rating this a perfect 10 was that I found some of the camera angles were weird and caused me to die more often than normal. The story was great too. During most games, I usually just skip the "movie" sequences, but I have always found the Uncharted games to have above average writing and casting. The characters are well fleshed out and the scripts are excellent and engrossing. I also like the fact that the relationship between Nathan Drake and Elena Fisher doesn't get in the way of the game or storyline. The Uncharted series has never fallen into the "boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy must spend the rest of the game chasing said girl". I think that Victor Sullivan is my favorite character, though. I love his dry sense of humor and the way he and Nathan play off of each other. However, I feel that Sully wasn't as funny in Uncharted 3 as he was in the first 2 games in the series. I kind of missed that. Overall, though, great job Naughty Dog. I really hope this isn't the end of the Uncharted series. Expand
  39. Feb 27, 2012
    Wow!!!!! so much better than Uncharted 2. Very close to the best game I've played, and I've played a heap! They've really captured that action movie style. Great Story! Excellent Graphics! All around good fun! Highly recommended.
  40. Mar 5, 2012
    Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story.Big hat, no cattle. Don't get me wrong, this game is breathtakingly beautiful and the gameplay is top notch. However, the biggest let down of this game is its story. One you wouldn't notice while playing the game because they successfully immerse you in its world. Once you set down your controller though, after the credits stop rolling, you realize there wasn't really much to the story. Poorly fleshed out villains and a plot that was, well, pretty tacked on. Overall, a great game, but the weakest in the trilogy. One that pales in comparison with its predecessor. Expand
  41. Mar 6, 2012
    Games which required advanced technical skills, or an advanced level of concentration and planning, can only really be judged by those gamers who have those skill sets. Not all people do. On the flip side, games which do not require those skills are best not reviewed by gamers with advanced skills because they will miss what the game is offering and bemoan the ease of the game. Uncharted 3Games which required advanced technical skills, or an advanced level of concentration and planning, can only really be judged by those gamers who have those skill sets. Not all people do. On the flip side, games which do not require those skills are best not reviewed by gamers with advanced skills because they will miss what the game is offering and bemoan the ease of the game. Uncharted 3 is game which does not require a great deal of technical skill to play through because the developers want to take you on an adventure rather than have you replaying the same level several hundred times in a row because you arenâ Expand
  42. Mar 13, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is an awesome game. It may be short but is well worth the money I spent. I can still spend so much more time with it to. The multi-player and co-op game modes add so much more to it as well. This is a game anyone with a PS3 should play. IGN gave this game a 10 but thats too much simple because no game is perfect and this game isn't but, is sure close.
  43. Mar 16, 2012
    Beautifully realized game. Third game in a tremendous series, all of which are must-owns for any PS3 owner! Deep characters, a beautiful story, and surprisingly intuitive controls make this a gaming experience of a lifetime.
  44. Mar 17, 2012
    Im a fan of the series and this final entry was great but had minor flaws that really stood out throughout the game (including a part in the ending). The graphics and presentation were top-notch. The plot and gameplay were good as well. The character developments were amazing. If you have a ps3, this is a great game to consider.
  45. Aug 10, 2012
    PlayStation 3 gamers have had some of the best games this generation, and Uncharted 3 is right up near the top of that list. It
  46. Apr 22, 2012
    Best game on the ps3. There isn't even a contest when it comes to which series or game dominates the ps3 and Uncharted showcased there power with the most recent game. The story line of the game is the best of any game and Naughty dog had a lot of work to do being that Uncharted 2 was the undisputed game of the year. And they delivered, the beauty of the game is unbelievable and theBest game on the ps3. There isn't even a contest when it comes to which series or game dominates the ps3 and Uncharted showcased there power with the most recent game. The story line of the game is the best of any game and Naughty dog had a lot of work to do being that Uncharted 2 was the undisputed game of the year. And they delivered, the beauty of the game is unbelievable and the storyline is the best that it has been. The gameplay is smooth yet difficult at times towards the end, but good games have challenges. The ship scene as well as the desert levels are absolutely beautiful. The story line will capture you and pull emotion out of you which is difficult to do sometimes. The multiplayer is a unique one and its always nice to play it since most of the games anymore are just first person shooters. In conclusion, Uncharted's possible final game on the ps3 captured fans and delivered one of the best gaming experiences ps3 users have had. Expand
  47. Jan 2, 2014
    this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff"this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff" gameplay. The characters were excellent with a story we are used to from an uncharted game. could've done with less cutscenes though, and maybe a better boss fight? but those are my only two complaints. Multiplayer is enjoyable once you get past the learning curve, but definately a great game with varied gameplay that doesn't feel repititve. Expand
  48. May 26, 2012
    The Uncharted series has always proved that shooters don't always have to be about shooting. This game is full of strategy and the visuals are among the most stunning of any game ever.
  49. May 27, 2012
    I didn't think the game could get better than uncharted 2, but it did.
  50. May 28, 2012
    The Uncharted franchise defiantly increases the scope through each new instalment with its brilliant set pieces, clever structure, flawless graphics and an engrossing narrative starring Nathan Drake who will soon be one of the most beloved videogame characters of all time. Some of these qualities sound like they belong in a summer blockbuster but no this is a videogame and damn good one atThe Uncharted franchise defiantly increases the scope through each new instalment with its brilliant set pieces, clever structure, flawless graphics and an engrossing narrative starring Nathan Drake who will soon be one of the most beloved videogame characters of all time. Some of these qualities sound like they belong in a summer blockbuster but no this is a videogame and damn good one at that! 9/10 Expand
  51. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is just amazing. Better than 1, and 2 in my personal opinion. There were many twists the new combo system was just a blast and, the story,Graphics,gameplay were flipping out of this world. This game is just so good I mean come on who doesn't like Nathan Drake
  52. Jun 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ladies and gentlemen, behold: one of the best action adventure games of this generation. Refined gameplay, astonishing graphics, great storytelling and addicting multiplayer - that's what awaits you should you decide to buy this one. (and trust me, you should)
    Singleplayer: The best in the series, it's now more emphasised on the characters of Drake and Sully. Lots of breathtaking moments, especially the one on the plane. (this one is hard to forget) The moment when Sully "died" was so emotional I almost cried, and it was a huge relief to know that it was a hallucionation.
    Co-op: Both online and split-screen, it's nothing special, even thought it's got its own mini-storyline mixing up all the characters from the trilogy and actually making fun of them.
    Multiplayer: It's surprisingly addictive and well-balanced, I usually quickly get bored with all those rank-based multiplayer shooter, but this one surprisingly kept me hooked for a while, I even achieved rank 31. (It is quite rare for me lol)
    Overall, it's really one of the best games of 2011, this console generation and maybe of all time, and I feel sorry for the xbox-only owners who can't experience this masterpiece.
  53. Jun 3, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece. Think about uncharted 2 only better in every way. Even though the story seems all too similar a great strength of uncharted 3 is its unpredictability. First of all it totally focuses on the relationship between drake and sully and that is surely a first. Secondly the game play itself revolves around melee attacks and its so well paced that it gives a wholeUncharted 3 is a masterpiece. Think about uncharted 2 only better in every way. Even though the story seems all too similar a great strength of uncharted 3 is its unpredictability. First of all it totally focuses on the relationship between drake and sully and that is surely a first. Secondly the game play itself revolves around melee attacks and its so well paced that it gives a whole experience. This is now my brand new favorite game and that's not an overstatement. The story is so fleshed out that back stories are being covered and new grounds are covered in the characters that we love. Its so much more than a game in every little detail that it has. The multiplayer is also an experience in itself. Even when you have a terrible game you can always say that the game wasn't a waste of time. Everything together makes multiplayer fresh every time. Although don't think that as a newbie you're going to strut in and start winning its still a difficult experience. Naughty dog thanks that was great! Expand
  54. Jun 13, 2012
    It pains me to write this review since I am a huge Uncharted fanboy having played the series since its inception way back in 2007. Uncharted is by far the worst of the series and one of 2011's biggest disappointments in gaming IMO. I bought the game back in December but I'm deciding to do a review because the vast amount of 10s display nothing but blind fanboyism. This game's problem isn'tIt pains me to write this review since I am a huge Uncharted fanboy having played the series since its inception way back in 2007. Uncharted is by far the worst of the series and one of 2011's biggest disappointments in gaming IMO. I bought the game back in December but I'm deciding to do a review because the vast amount of 10s display nothing but blind fanboyism. This game's problem isn't graphics, it's the piss poor gameplay and storyline. Let me start off with the story. My God is it terrible. It started off pretty cool but ND rushed the damn thing. The pacing is just off in this game. The game just throws puzzles after puzzles after puzzle a you and there are two huge set pieces done right after each other. Not to mention the death of one of the main villains was just lazy writing and the other I'll get to in gameplay. Oh yeah and two characters disappear at the start of the game and never show up again. One thing I loved bout the series is the relationship between characters, this game had none.

So gameplay, it sucks. UC2 had the smoothest gameplay I had ever seen. Taking cover, aiming, popping out of cover it was all so smooth. This time around aiming is a pain in the butt, taking cover can be a daunting task as a lot of time there's input lag causing you to tap O once for cover but thinking you didn't get to cover you tap it again and you end up popping up your head, getting killed. Transitioning leads to nothing but just popping up your head as well. Oh yeah and moving Nate is like moving a damn truck! He moves so slow and like he's falling on himself. Platforming sucks as you're going to spend a lot of time cussing because for some off reason you didn't grab onto the pipe you were supposed to.

Gunfights are terrible. Enemies spawn all over the place thaat make it impossible to find cover in a suitable place. Until you die and the game puts you in a place that will over ample cover. Oh yeah and in every wave of enemies there's the one guy with the helmet who requires 20 headshots and the one 7 foot guy Nate fisticuffs with, with the same animation over and over. Eveerytime you fight the big guy, the animation is the same. And the boss fight? It's a quick time event. Are you serious? The only reason I'm giving this game a 8 is probably because the fanboy in me can't rate it any lower. It's rushed and is buggy and the gameplay flaws happen way too often for it to be excusable.
  55. Jun 13, 2012
    Uncharted 3 continues the great tale of Nathan Drake, Sully, Elena, cloe and introduces even new characters to the game.
    Well designed and great to play, it does not stand back from the great Uncharted 2

Multiplayer is the highlight, and to this day one of the most played games I ever played
  56. Jun 21, 2012
    Drakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system fromDrakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system from uncharted has been removed and was replaced with an inferior one were when you are in cover and take aim it was almost always over the wrong shoulder view. why they just did not add a central gun-scope view i dont know. the new updated fighting system works in places and fails badly in others, (point of fact the final fight can turn into an endless never ending fight .if you do not press the correct buttons so it is not a free fight but a scripted one. i like many others thought this was a glitch but no really its just a bug with a badly thought out ending. the graphics are okay but there are too many indoor areas and not enough jungles or outdoor vistas. even the desert dune fails as you have no idea which direction to go in then when you finally work it out there is nothing in the level you just walk to the next area. the puzzles and level design and jewel collection were all inferior and weaker to the previous games. jewels are much easier to find in uc3. Deceptions saving grace is the once again excellent multi-player and co op modes they are still great and if you loved the multi-player it is still worth picking up. Game of the year version will be available this year with all dlc content included if its at platinum game price its still a bargain. Over-all a dissapointing story for drakes return Expand
  57. Jul 4, 2012
    I LOVE this game. The story is great, and looks like a movie. The multiplayer is really fun, and the co-op is even better. You must buy this game. Must!
  58. Jul 7, 2012
    I think this series has ran it's course. Make no mistake, this is Dude Raider.
    Everyone has played this series by now but this game just could not reach the level of the second Uncharted. And there is nothing wrong with that.
    Uncharted 3 still has great writing, it wraps the back stories up well, the voice work is top notch however I am a little tired of Nolan North at this point. It
    I think this series has ran it's course. Make no mistake, this is Dude Raider.
    It still has a cinematic feel that is above almost every other game, the graphics are still in the top 5% on consoles. But it still has the same average gameplay and after a few hours you are more interested in what is next and how the story goes. The gun fights just gets in the way after a while.
    I am not trying to say this is a bad game, I am just burned out on the series. It is still one of the best games on the PS3 and Uncharted is almost certainly the best series created this generation.
    This is a great game and it should be played but this also should be the last in the series.
  59. Jul 11, 2012
    Some people are giving it a 0/10??? Xbox fan boys, probably... THE GAME FAILS IN NOTHING. IT IMPRESSES IN EVERY ASPECT. Graphics, soundtracks, story, controls, multiplayer. If you have a PS3 and didnt buy this game, then you definitley should go NOW and buy. it. Like 90% of PS3 exclusives, this is a must-have
  60. Jul 16, 2012
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Fortune is a video game masterpiece. The mechanics are pretty much the same from Uncharted 1 and 2: shoot your enemies, climb a cliff or a building, escape places falling apart... But this time, the action scenes seem to be way more daring and breathtaking.
    What's special about this game is... everything! From amazing story to top notch graphics, from memorable audio to the lovely characters, from the astonishing landscapes to the beautiful cities, etc.
    All that built together create a must play for Playstation 3 users and a goddamn beatiful piece of art.
  61. Jul 17, 2012
    Uncharted has always been about big action set pieces and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception does not disappoint. The story takes place a few years after Uncharted 2 with Nathan Drake (our protagonist) searching for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands". The story also focuses on the relationship of Nate and Sully, I found the story to be a perfect mix of action and storytelling. The action setUncharted has always been about big action set pieces and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception does not disappoint. The story takes place a few years after Uncharted 2 with Nathan Drake (our protagonist) searching for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands". The story also focuses on the relationship of Nate and Sully, I found the story to be a perfect mix of action and storytelling. The action set pieces push the PS3 to it's limit and the graphics are something of note. The sound design is amazing and the music played is a great compilation to the game. However, I did find problems in the gameplay department. Some firefights are amazingly infuriating, even on easy. Multiplayer is a nice addition to this game and kept me busy for a while. All in all, this is a great game. Despite the frustrating combat situations and some minor plot-holes is a great experience that every proud PS3 owner should enjoy.
  62. Jul 19, 2012
    Uno de los mejores juegos de la historia, lo tiene TODO, todo lo que puedes desear de un videojuego. Si tienes una PS3, tienes que probarlo, es un must have.
  63. Jul 20, 2012
    mindblowing game its really impressive graphics are amazing the environment look life like Campaign mode packs a tight story with great voice acting and thrills multiplyer mode is why this game deserves a 10 its fantastic multi player mode has so many modes including co-op and frequent online updates with new patches and new modes very happy to get this game :)
  64. Jul 28, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is not just a game it is an experience. The graphics, story and gameplay combine to create one of the greatest games ever. Naughty dog is the premier developer for this entire generation.
  65. Jul 31, 2012
    This game has great set pieces that will put most action movies to shame. It's actually jaw dropping at some points. The story is copy and pasted from the second one, unfortunately, and ultimately takes itself waaaaaaayyyyyy too serious. I recall one instance of nathan dramatically struggling in the desert and showing some humanity, and then immediately after fighting off 20 baddies.
  66. Jul 31, 2012
    Overall, this is an amazing achievement in design, and it rests comfortably at the top of the heap when it comes to action games. It's also one of the rare video games where the writing and voice acting aren't just good "for a video game. But it has few major problems. The story is stupid and some of the villains too.
  67. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is a masterpiece. Yes Uncharted 2 is a little better, but Uncharted 3 was an amazing experience in its own right. Yes there are some flaws like its comparatively short campaign, lack of boss fights, poor characterisation of the supporting characters and it\'s anticlimactic ending. All that aside, Uncharted 3 delivers mind-blowing set pieces, an interesting plot, amazing locationsThis game is a masterpiece. Yes Uncharted 2 is a little better, but Uncharted 3 was an amazing experience in its own right. Yes there are some flaws like its comparatively short campaign, lack of boss fights, poor characterisation of the supporting characters and it\'s anticlimactic ending. All that aside, Uncharted 3 delivers mind-blowing set pieces, an interesting plot, amazing locations and great villains. It had the potential to be better than its predecessor, but what the hell, it\'s still an amazing experience. Expand
  68. Aug 6, 2012
    Great sequel to two awesome games. The graphics, the gameplay, the story are all awesome. It is with its predecessor the best adventure games i've played. The characters humor and story are also qualities. This game is better when played after the other two.
  69. Aug 11, 2012
    This game is great. No its amazing, it may not be perfect, but it is amazing. The characters feel real, thanks to the best voice acting i have ever heard in a game, and to great motion capture. The graphics are the best on a console, and on multiplayer you don't notice the downgrade. The gameplay feels better, like the guns have more kick to them then the last one, making them feel moreThis game is great. No its amazing, it may not be perfect, but it is amazing. The characters feel real, thanks to the best voice acting i have ever heard in a game, and to great motion capture. The graphics are the best on a console, and on multiplayer you don't notice the downgrade. The gameplay feels better, like the guns have more kick to them then the last one, making them feel more realistic. The story is good, but the characters are the star of the show, which make the story better. The multiplayer is a unique one, acting as a cross between Gears of War and Assassins creed's multiplayer, which is very enjoyable. The only complaints that i have is that the coop can sometimes feel as if your shooting bullet sponges, and that a glich happens now and then. Yet overall, uncharted's shortcomings can't match what is does right, and thats why i give it a ten. Expand
  70. Aug 11, 2012
    Bear in mind, that i rarely give out perfect scores. I can usually pick out problems in a game very easily. But Uncharted 3 made me think what i didn't like. And my only complaint would be that the game could have a problem with explaining itself. Such as the fact that Elena knew Charley. But it all flies by your head when you look at what a spectacle Uncharted 3 is. Visually, the game isBear in mind, that i rarely give out perfect scores. I can usually pick out problems in a game very easily. But Uncharted 3 made me think what i didn't like. And my only complaint would be that the game could have a problem with explaining itself. Such as the fact that Elena knew Charley. But it all flies by your head when you look at what a spectacle Uncharted 3 is. Visually, the game is phenomenal. Little things like the way your shirt gets wet or the fire will really blow you away. The game play hasn't improved much, but they added some small touches here and there. Such as throwing back grenades and a much improved melee system. It also feels much smoother. The story itself is what the game aims it to be. It's a great story that will really get you involved with the characters. I felt for Elena, Drake, Sully and a couple others. Because they were all so well put together. I haven't even touched on the online. It's by far much better than the second's games online mode. You can customize your character and embark on a plethora of modes such as team deathmatch and free for all. You can add perks to your gun and collect treasures to get rewards. It all works perfectly, just as the game does. Uncharted 3 is my favorite game of 2011 and believe it or not, my favorite game of this current generation of gaming. Expand
  71. Sep 3, 2012
    The best Uncharted yet. Not only is the gameplay good, but the story is also good. The story shows Drake getting pushed to his limits and the gameplay is very fluid. I love how the multiplayer is still being supported with new DLC and events and how fun it is. If you have a PS3 and don't own this game than buy it now! And if you don' have a PS3 you shoud buy it just for this game.
  72. Sep 3, 2012
    Amazing game. Don't let any Xbox fanboy tell you this is just an interactive movie. Yes, the story is actually focused on unlike most games and the characters are developed and extremely likable, but this game's not a one-trick pony. I can see how people might feel this way about a game like Heavy Rain, but Uncharted's story doesn't impede on it's gameplay at all. It's some of the bestAmazing game. Don't let any Xbox fanboy tell you this is just an interactive movie. Yes, the story is actually focused on unlike most games and the characters are developed and extremely likable, but this game's not a one-trick pony. I can see how people might feel this way about a game like Heavy Rain, but Uncharted's story doesn't impede on it's gameplay at all. It's some of the best third-person shooting I've ever played. It has the most responsive and tight cover system of any game I've ever played and the characters all feel the correct weight. When you make Drake jump from one cliff to another or vault over some cover there's a force that makes it feel as if you're actually controlling a 150 Lbs man. In a lot of other games it feels as if the character is floating or weightless, but Uncharted gets this down perfect. It doesn't seem like a deciding factor but it makes both combat and platforming a blast. Then there are the small details like the character's animations, the story, the witty dialogue, the top-notch graphics, addicting multiplayer. It all adds up to be one of the best games I've ever played. I completely agree with Greg Miller of IGN "This is the reason I play video games." Expand
  73. Oct 2, 2012
    I found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This oftenI found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This often leads to frustrating deaths as switching between melee and shooting can be quite cumbersome and you are often left as an easy target. The pacing of the game is also inferior to UC2. Where UC2 ratcheted up the intensity of the action at a consistent pace, leading to a brilliant climax ,UC3 takes quite a while to get going and the first half could only be most favourably described as subdued. When it does get to its most intense chapters there are never quite up to par with UC2 and the game then sloooooows down just before the final chapters to a grinding pace that I found quite misjudged and frustrating. These games are clearly aping the beats of an adventure movie, most noticeably the Indiana Jones series, so why the designers didn't stick as closely to this pacing template is quite confusing. They got it just right the last time, so why not stick to it?
    It also feels shorter than the previous games and has quite a ho-hum finale, and to add to its bland troubles the main baddie of the game is about as exciting as a cardboard flavoured lolly pop. Think a stoned and bored Helen Mirren and you're pretty much there.
    The story isn't bad but it does have a faint smell of repetitive odour and several characters actually question the necessity of the quest, almost as though they've broken the fourth wall and are winking at us. The main cast all return but even their appearances feel somewhat perfunctory, as though they were contractually obliged to return.
    This is not to say the game is without its strengths: It looks absolutely gorgeous, and there are a number of very impressive set pieces, what with the budget undoubtedly being so high. There were a few moments of real emotional connection with the characters, which is rare, and good to see, in action video games. Having spent three games with most of these characters it is nice to see they still have depth and imperfections worth exploring.
    Had this game been released before UC2 I still don't think it would've reached the high scores of that outstanding title, but it would certainly not have been a disappointment in any way as it is certainly superior to the first.
    I did enjoy it but was constantly comparing it to UC2, willing it to be better, but it just never quite got there. I do hope there are more UC titles, but that the next one ups the ante again the way the second one did. This is a game that should be rented rather than bought as there simply isn't enough replay value and the multiplayer, whilst fairly enjoyable, is not good enough to justify a full price purchase.
  74. Oct 3, 2012
    I gave Uncharted 2 a top ten. This sequel though had the worst story. They dropped the ball way to many times during gameplay. You couldn't feel anything for the characters, non of the new characters got properly introduced. The game ended like **** everything was just ****
  75. Oct 4, 2012
    Uncharted 3 transcends the the popcorn blockbluster flair of its predecessors, to become a deeply compelling, introspective story which features arguably the greatest plot in a video game this generation. Mulitplayer is also better than ever and more robust in every facet.
  76. Oct 7, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is one of those games that combine fun and amusement with a memorable experience. Entertaining story and varied chapter condense into a grand orchestrated package. The multiplayer mode leaves no wish unfulfilled - it offers a lot and is stable.
  77. Oct 14, 2012
    U3 has everything an action adventure game should have. The campaign has a good storyline, breathtaking action although short. Solid and fun multiplayer.
  78. Oct 21, 2012
    Naughty Dog does it again, which I suppose was to be expected after the last two. I really had no idea how much better looking uncharted could get and couldn't believe it when I first saw it. The colors really stand out in these games but never in an over saturated way, but in a way that the colors compliment each other in such a way that they just pop. I didn't get a chance to play aroundNaughty Dog does it again, which I suppose was to be expected after the last two. I really had no idea how much better looking uncharted could get and couldn't believe it when I first saw it. The colors really stand out in these games but never in an over saturated way, but in a way that the colors compliment each other in such a way that they just pop. I didn't get a chance to play around with the 3D which I'm regretting and will probably go back for down the road. The gameplay while pretty much the same as the second added a couple of features that gave it fresh feel (i.e. throwing grenades, fighting big guys). I was slightly bothered by the use of yellow to point out practically everything you could jump on, and like Golden Abyss I thought it detracted from the realism of it. Minor point though and the climbing and scavenging were as fun as always. The story was really strong as well and I liked how instead of the relationship with a girl being the inter-team conflict it was focused around the bond between Sully and Drake. The back story behind the two also made for an interesting plot point and getting some insight into your character of 4 games and his buddy was a nice piece of fan service. I find it interesting how fun these games are and yet they still hold a fairly serious tone. It is just an exciting adventure that fails to disappoint on delivering what it's predecessors have. Expand
  79. Oct 23, 2012
    A masterpiece in the world of gaming. Don't listen to any of the negative reviews. Those idiots prefer CoD or some other crap, and they clearly haven't even played the game themselves. Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece of a game and is a gorgeous cinematic experience that stands out from the cliched cinematics used today.

I can honestly say that the Uncharted Trilogy is the only fantastic

I can honestly say that the Uncharted Trilogy is the only fantastic trilogy of games aside from Mass Effect. These two trilogies show that gaming is a form of art just like cinema.
  80. Oct 26, 2012
    Graphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences wereGraphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences were also better in UC2. Drakes Deception is better than Drakes Fortune but not as good as Among Thieves. Expand
  81. Oct 30, 2012
    While Uncharted 3 is really a great game with a lot of great moment, it doesn't live up to the greatness of the second Uncharted. A lot of action sequence feels like déjà vu. It is however a nice addition to your game library.
  82. Oct 31, 2012
    Amazing game, outstanding graphics, amazing game play, great value for money and great plot. Its the only game that defies the odds by being a master of all trades!
  83. Nov 2, 2012
    I have played Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 and I realised after playing the 3rd installment that how great the 1st game was. I was so engaged in the gameplay, the story, the scenery and many other factors that made you wow! This third installment seems emphasised a lot on action and suddenly you felt the controls were not as smooth as they could be. Make no mistake that this is a worthy game and II have played Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 and I realised after playing the 3rd installment that how great the 1st game was. I was so engaged in the gameplay, the story, the scenery and many other factors that made you wow! This third installment seems emphasised a lot on action and suddenly you felt the controls were not as smooth as they could be. Make no mistake that this is a worthy game and I have no hesitation to recommend the Uncharted series to everyone. Expand
  84. Nov 6, 2012
    The best game i have ever played . all the things are just fantastic & naughty dog did great job again with uncharted 3 . graphic is just unbelievable ! the best graphic in this generation consoles , gameplay is great & better than ever , story & dialog is awesome , soundtrack is just superb & multiplayer is so fun & great . in the end i have to say that YES ... this is the game that weThe best game i have ever played . all the things are just fantastic & naughty dog did great job again with uncharted 3 . graphic is just unbelievable ! the best graphic in this generation consoles , gameplay is great & better than ever , story & dialog is awesome , soundtrack is just superb & multiplayer is so fun & great . in the end i have to say that YES ... this is the game that we have to play , this is game of the year 2011 & best game of this generation Expand
  85. Nov 13, 2012
    Great game, I personally prefer Uncharted 2 but this game is still brilliant and should not be missed, the graphics are stunning and the gameplay and story/characters are great, there is an increased focus on hand to hand combat in uncharted 3 compared to the games before it and it works well, one of the best reasons to own a PS3 if you don't already, and if you do and have yet to playGreat game, I personally prefer Uncharted 2 but this game is still brilliant and should not be missed, the graphics are stunning and the gameplay and story/characters are great, there is an increased focus on hand to hand combat in uncharted 3 compared to the games before it and it works well, one of the best reasons to own a PS3 if you don't already, and if you do and have yet to play this game, Pick it up. Expand
  86. Nov 13, 2012
    is wonderfull game ...!!!!!!!i love it very much.the graphic is besttttttt. gameplay likes uncharted 2 is very very good.i dont play game btter than uncharted 3.
  87. 4DI
    Nov 13, 2012
    It's definitely an improvement from it's predecessor in terms of gameplay and cinematography. Yet UC3 is a complete mess when it comes to pacing and story telling. I only realized this after my second play-through.
    But what it lacks story-wise is more then made up for in gameplay and presentation. The online component is bigger and more rewarding then ever! 9.4/10
  88. Nov 13, 2012
    This is the most cinematic of an experience one can get from 3rd person perspective game. Though the 3rd person perspective may rob one of a deeply personal experience, I feel this series was never really about being in the shoes of the character. Rather, the player is more of a director than a gamer, telling Nathan Drake where to go, what to shoot, and letting Drake be Drake. But thereThis is the most cinematic of an experience one can get from 3rd person perspective game. Though the 3rd person perspective may rob one of a deeply personal experience, I feel this series was never really about being in the shoes of the character. Rather, the player is more of a director than a gamer, telling Nathan Drake where to go, what to shoot, and letting Drake be Drake. But there are still those times where the player and Drake are experiencing the same confusion and hysteria, and these moments are truly a unique experience. In my opinion, the only real problem with this game is the slow beginning. This being the 3rd entry in the series, familiarity with the mechanics made me want to jump right in and run around and be my own guide. However, countless cut-scenes and moments of partial-control plague the beginning. That said, this is still a fantastic game. Expand
  89. Nov 15, 2012
    Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception is simply a master piece, from the graphics to the story and game play this game shines upon video games! YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO PLAY THIS!!!
  90. Nov 15, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a fantastic game, and well worthy of a purchase. Uncharted has never been as much about gameplay as it has been about a fast paced, cinematic, action experience. Uncharted 3 does a fantastic job giving you the sense of controlling Drake through the length of a 15 hour campaign with nary a dull moment. The set pieces are where Uncharted shines most, and the set pieces in thisUncharted 3 is a fantastic game, and well worthy of a purchase. Uncharted has never been as much about gameplay as it has been about a fast paced, cinematic, action experience. Uncharted 3 does a fantastic job giving you the sense of controlling Drake through the length of a 15 hour campaign with nary a dull moment. The set pieces are where Uncharted shines most, and the set pieces in this game are among the best ever created in games. Where the game falters compared to Uncharted 2 though, is the storyline. The story is good, but near the end you begin to realize that there are some things that just are not explained or don't make sense. That's the only gripe, and it's a minor blemish on an otherwise fantastic experience. Graphics are the best the PS3 has to offer, and several of the scenes will make your jaw hit the floor. This game is practically an interactive movie, and it does it extremely well. It's well worth a purchase. Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best games ever made ..................................................................................................................................
  92. Nov 23, 2012
    The gameplay is still great and there's been nice improvements to the melee system and the multiplayer. The graphics are beautiful and Naughty made a good job keeping the multiplayer community (kind of) alive. The story, though, kinda gets redundant: Drake searches a treasure, he gets run after by pirates, it's cursed in the end and he escapes at last. Every **** time.
  93. Nov 28, 2012
    Its the third part of the Uncharted-Series. This game is much like the second part. Great Graphics and Gameplay, but nothing really new. The Scene on the Ship was made fantastic.
  94. Dec 5, 2012
    Amazing game! Better than Uncharted, perhaps a slight step down from Uncharted 2 (which I still think is the greatest game I've ever played). It adds enhanced graphics, MUCH better online multiplayer, and way better hand -to-hand combat. Absolutely wonderful! Hope they make a fourth!
  95. Dec 9, 2012
    It is an excellent game. There is no game like it. It plays like a real movie and the levels make you wonder what the next level will be like. If you are new to the Uncharted series and play through it your first time- you might think, "Wow this is the best game ever." Though as your gaming experience gets refined you will notice how the gameplay is asynchronous, repetitive, and a littleIt is an excellent game. There is no game like it. It plays like a real movie and the levels make you wonder what the next level will be like. If you are new to the Uncharted series and play through it your first time- you might think, "Wow this is the best game ever." Though as your gaming experience gets refined you will notice how the gameplay is asynchronous, repetitive, and a little unbalanced to everything else. You will be struck by the beauty of the game so much that you may overlook these things for awhile but there are many points where it feels just like any other third person shooter- thus the part of the game that breaks the fast paced nature of the experience. Nothing unique just a narrow level- and many enemies thrown at you then- you shoot them. If the shooting part of the game is as amazing as the running or platforming or 'theatrical' parts- this game might get a ten from me. But I could relate to the negative reviews for this game. Though it does not deserve a score between 5-0 in my opinion. Expand
  96. Dec 9, 2012
    Not quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will beNot quite as essential as Unchartered 2 but a must have game all the same. Single player mode once again is excellent although not as fresh as the previous game. Multiplayer is incredible but I felt that some of the new maps were a bit dull. Being able to bring back the old maps was an excellent idea. I can't wait for an online game against 100 people instead of just a handfull. I will be saving all my pennies for the PS4 just simply because Unchartered 4 will be on there. I'm certain that Naughty dog won't disappoint. Been gaming for 30 years and this is my 2nd best game ever. 1st of course is Unchartered 2. Expand
  97. Dec 11, 2012
    I love uncharted, and have since the first game, but had no idea how good it truly was when I played the second one. After having been absolutely blown away on the second one I had very high hopes for this one obviously, and it just could do what the second one did to the first one. But it was still highly enjoyable and contains some of my favorite parts of any game. ship and plane. I didI love uncharted, and have since the first game, but had no idea how good it truly was when I played the second one. After having been absolutely blown away on the second one I had very high hopes for this one obviously, and it just could do what the second one did to the first one. But it was still highly enjoyable and contains some of my favorite parts of any game. ship and plane. I did think the story was a little weaker then the first one, and I actually thought it changed a lot especially not having any mythical creatures, I actually am one who likes realistic things but this one decided to be more serious in regard to this, but i like how the first one had cave creatures and the second ice creatures, was hoping this one would have something as well, and i guess it does. The end was similar to the second one, i guess it never could succeed from where the second one left off. But This is still the best game series and compared to any other game (besides the 2nd one) this game will blow any other out of the water. A few notes to consider, the animation still felt a little twitchy at times, the horse part didn't really impress to much especially after playing red dead, and like I said the story is probably the weakest of all three. Expand
  98. Dec 11, 2012
    this is why am proud to own a ps3. the graphics are flawless..the story is amazing to follow and the characters feel real..the combat is intense, the online play is fun.. why are you still reading this? if you own a ps3 BUY THIS GAME!
  99. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good game i guess,a nice story and and the online is not bad,but it gets really really really boring sometimes because after you play the game there isn't much things to do in it,of course the online is good but you get tired of it really easely in my opinion,so if you're a guy who like good videogames story's you should buy this game,but if you're not a videogames story fan this is not the game for you ! Expand
  100. Dec 28, 2012
    Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception is a very enjoyable experience. It is very similar to the 2nd game but the missions are more action packed and the story is alot more interesting. The twists are even better in this game and this game is my favourite of the series. 9/10.
  101. Nov 25, 2012
    I already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basicallyI already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basically melee, melee, blindfire, blindfire, or use your kickbacks to get away from death fair and square. Naughty dog patched the aiming. Yes aiming which basically means that this game is gonna mostly be used as melee liking playing a fighting game and mash square on the controller. Another is the fact that when the game says that you can avoid being meleed by rolling, but due to lag you still die even if you rolled away from someone. Powerplays aren't something that can be played competitivley for deathmatch. The power plays can mostly just up the losing team in catching up quickly. Uncharted 2 was all about playing carefully, skillfulled, and whoever wins wins no matter what. Even the losing team can catch up if they have a strategy unlike uncharted 3 where its no skills at all. Treasure drops are another problem. People may get their treasures fairly easy but some people cant get new treasures drops now. Thats where Naughty Dog decides to pull a Capcom on where. You either keep getting the same duplicate treasures and eventually sooner or later just get 1 new one avaliable or just buy off the playstation store which to me i think its BS because Naughty Dog are responsible for listening to the fan's demand in patching the treasure drops and reduce the amount of duplications you pick up not charge in the PSStore but thats only for people who can't get the items they want. The spawn system is another negative because basically someone can either just camp where the player is going to spawn at or spawn on an enemy who doesn't notice where they are and get a cheap kill. OVERALL: Naughty dog can patch this game as much as they want but the situation of the problems will always be going on. Even if they patched it completely then a new problem can be abused and lead to critisims of the players. I don't think that Naughty Dog will revive the multiplayer like this right now they should just be making patches on disc cough cough Capcom or Infinity wards. The Uncharted community can still support this game but i don't think its going to be enough to make people play this game competitely at this time =( Collapse

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]