8.3

1. Nov 11, 2014
    (THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Nathan Drake, Treasure Hunter, Hopeless Romantic, Well Intentioned, Completely Gullible, Genocidal Maniac. This is a great game. from Drake's first bar fight to his last skitzoid episode and everything in between. Naughty Dog is a studio that has mastered the art of immersion. The gritty streets of London, the dust of south america and the sands of the
    middle east still feel like places i have been too rather than levels in a video game I just beat. This music, art, and character development keep me wanting more and more treasure hunting, "go to hell me", uncharted fun.

It is a great story full of cutthroats, and I was constantly waiting to be betrayed by everyone but Sully. The acting in this series is great and it continues in this chapter. The only flaw if there is one is that in stead ofthe game ending in some sort of epic battle it ends as too many Third person action games do with a Quick time Event (see my Tomb Raider review). Seriously I've chased this bad guy twice through sprawling cities and I can't even have the blessing of fighting him one on one, it's gotta be a mash 0 hit triangle to dodge and now punch punch punch. Oh well, the story is amazing, and the QTE's seem to still be a necessary evil in these kind of games.

The game play is not what I would call fresh, but the gameplay here has always been to drive the amazing story. You are still Drake still fighting off countless random thug type 3 in lots of pretty environments. bad guys and puzzles rarely mix in this game and that's for worse rather than better. The mass murdering of nameless thugs has gotten a little stale and just giving one some body armor and shotgun hardly seems like creative new ideas. A couple of chapters in you will have seen %95 of the bad guys you face in the game.

I love the settings. The streets as young drake, the pirate captured cruise ship, the airplane; this is where the game feels fresh and alive again. the game does a pretty good job of mixing in lots of flavor to each chapter. I especially enjoyed the escape of the sinking ship and the hallucinogenic fueled chase scene near the end. With some pleasant twists and turns the suspense and action hold up right to the end. More Elana would have been nice, but she still knocked her performance out of the park.

The game slows if only for a chapter or two in the castle setting, but is brought to life in the final 7 chapters or so. Over at Naughty Dog they really know how to keep it going. I do wish that the villains had been made a little more interesting, but really this is a hero's story and the hero is Drake. in the city of gold fighting flaming spirit demons in the form of thug number 27 with tricked out guns is pretty hella gripping. All of a sudden I wasn't some gallivanting hero, I was a mad man fighting for my life. That immersion is what I hope for in every action game I play, and Uncharted 3 delivers.

Uncharted three keeps itself alive with interesting set pieces and scenery. The gameplay remains tight if not cookie cutter similar to Uncharted 2 with few new additions. The multi-player game modes were fun. My wife and I enjoyed some of the couch co-op options and while I don't play a lot online I found the multi-player matches to be balanced and fun enough for me to spend an afternoon with them but not much more.

Overall this is an amazingly crafted game that doesn't let up. It's not as good as Uncharted 2, but then again what is?

In Conclusion
    + Settings and Characters
    + Functional game play
    + hella gripping hallucinogenic fire demons
    - QTE finale'
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    THE GOOD: I have seriously gotten sick of shooters that are only fun online and not offline. Uncharted 3, however, has both an extremely satisfying campaign and fantastic online. The single player is an extremely immersive story. Its a wild ride from beginning to end. The graphics are truely fantastic, not because they are realistic, but because they're simply visually appealing. Online is a fast paced frenzy with very athletic moves that can be done. Shooting mechanics are highly responsive. It seems like a very competitive online community so be prepared for a challenge. The game is polished to the max it seems!

THE BAD: There is a part of me that kinda wishes that the campaign was longer.

Uncharted 3 is perhaps the best non-open-world shooter of the 7th generation of gaming. MUST BUY! MUST OWN!
  3. Nov 5, 2014
    Well... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna be something that it is not. At least not at the inside. From outside it is an impressively looking game with impressive storytelling. But from inside it has rotten game-play which feels mostly awkward, the story itself doesn't worth even mentioning and the places are way too megalomaniac too be really noticeable or interesting. The weapons almost don't matter as the good once don't even last and are usually forced on you. The combat is far from anything interesting as it tells you which button to press and it's repetitive and slow. The enemy AI is abysmal and the "action-sequences" are boring (except one or two short ones). I find myself not caring about the story one bit, as it was if they used a template for every next predictable event. It was all one big cliche. Almost exactly like the game itself is. 5 out of 10 as I barely even enjoyed it. Expand
  4. Nov 3, 2014
    La tercera parte de esta excelente trilogía no defrauda. Igual de bueno que el 2 pero, por algunos motivos, un poco inferior: han hecho la campaña bastante mas fácil, el duelo final es un poco decepcionante y el multijugador es demasiado complicado comparado con el del 2, que era mucho mas sencillo y fácil de jugar.
    Por lo demás, otro imprescindible, por ofrecer una de las campañas mas
    impresionantes a nivel técnico que se hayan visto en un juego (algunas escenas, como la del final del capítulo 17, son una pasada). Parece una película por momentos, es realmente impresionante. A nivel gráfico es de lo mejor que hay en PS3. Los personajes siguen tan geniales como siempre y el sistema de juego se ha mejorado, con unas peleas más dinámicas y unos tiroteos más divertidos.
    Ya estoy deseando ver Uncharted 4...
  5. Oct 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My only disappointment with this game is how terrible the story is. They really dropped the ball on this one. I remember Naughty Dog saying how they were going to focus on the relationship between Nate and Sully, and to a good degree they did succeed. The offender to the story comes from the games villain, or lack thereof. Every good story needs a good villain. And sadly, this games villain gave the hint that she was going to be a huge part of the story, but she doesn't. She fades off big time after a few hours into the game, and I really do mean a few. Even the villains of the first two games make a bigger impact and they had nothing to do with Nate and Sully. Other than that, the game is flawless. Some people will find the multiplayer has changed, and it has but it's not bad, it's just different. Expand
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    This was not perfect, but it was not bad either. It still had a good story, characters, and action sequences, but never lived up to the 2nd game. The gameplay was a bit annoying especially with the melee. It looked very weird. Uncharted 2s combat was short and sweet with the combat and it looked smooth. U3s melee finishers were very cool to discover but it took way too long to take an enemy down. The final boss was a cool idea but it was ruined with the combat, although I appreciated the few change ups Naughty Dog made when you fought Talbot. So again, not the best game, but certainly not the worst. 7/10 Expand
  7. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  8. Oct 12, 2014
    Uncharted 3 falters in that it is so much like Uncharted 2 but far less interesting. The narrative has difficulty hooking the player. Additionally, the game flow isn't as smooth as I would have liked to see. Nonetheless, it's absolutely gorgeous, and has a few epic moments that actually go above and beyond what Uncharted 2 did.
  9. Oct 7, 2014
    MUST GET THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE A PS3!!! The only thing is that the campaign is a little short, but it doesn't matter because the campaign is fun to replay. The multiplayer looks boring, but it gets really fun. This game is the definition of perfect.
  10. TvH
    Oct 2, 2014
    Although it fails to live up to its predecessor, Uncharted 3 is still a beautiful-looking, fun, and well-written game that never forgets the characters we grow to care about.
  11. Sep 14, 2014
    If you like Uncharted you'll like this. Really good game once again. The story is good, the graphics are excellent, the characters are good. The environments are nicely designed, good atmosphere. This game is also a great multiplayer and co-op can not be forgotten.
  12. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is **** horrible the worst game of the uncharted series. The story is paper thin and becomes rubbish at the end. The characters I got to say **** Charlie Cutter he is a whiney pathetic oaf throughout this horrendous garbage also it is worse than Indiana Jones Temple of doom.
  13. Sep 5, 2014
    One of the best games on PS3. This game is an RPG which brings you hours of entertainment and action.
    I've completed it so many times and each time I play it, it feels different. Good job Naughty Dog
  14. Sep 2, 2014
    Very enjoyable, well written action adventure game in the vein of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Production values are very high. Because of this, the game feels scripted and not as free as other games. I still think that the shooting parts are too many, although it is not as bad as the second Uncharted game. Personally, I prefer exploring and puzzles which Uncharted 3 offers plenty albeit not so difficult. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this game to everyone with a PlayStation 3. Expand
  15. Aug 24, 2014
    The best Uncharted game yet in my opinion. The story is as gripping as ever, the action constantly spectacular and the dialogue funny and fresh. I much preferred the ending to this one than 2 (was not a fan of that boss fight) and the multiplayer and co-op modes were a really great addition. Perfect.
  16. Aug 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely the best Uncharted so far. I love the graphics, love the storyline, and love the humour. The thing that starts to get annoying is that sad thread of the plot that everyone wants him to stop adventuring. Expand
  17. Jul 31, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece on all fronts. It will never cease its on ongoing quality. I mean, just pick out anything. It has amazing combat, graphics, story, A.I., environments, and the voice acting is top notch. The melee combat has finally become fun and engaging, which was the only problem I had with its predecessors, and the shooting is as immersive as it always has been. Characters are written so well, you actually feel for them, which can be rare. Anyway this game ticks all the boxes. (Boxes that have been very sharply ticked!) Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I honestly feel like the whole 'drive' scandal is happening again (where reviewers were paid off). I am absolutely stunned that reputable reviewers actually gave this 10/10 I.e. perfect - could not be improved in any way!!!??? Seriously? There have been so many great games that have received so much criticism and this gets 10.
    Ok - why do I feel this way:
    (For the record I enjoyed uncharted 1 and absolutely loved uncharted 2 - along with infamous 2 prob my fave games on ps3)
    1) it's all gloss and no substance. If I wanted to watch a good treasure hunting movie I'd watch Indiana jones. A game should give me an experience to immerse myself in. The whole time I felt like a tourist on rails experiencing cut-scene followed by quicktime event or extremely limited action event. There's nothing wrong with storytelling but if that's the intention why not take a leaf out of telltale's book and do a 'walking dead' style adventure.

2) enemies are unbelievably generic! All are wearing tuxedos and shades - I mean come on! How is that alone worthy of a 10. The action was so boring - not a patch on uncharted 2 or even enslaved.

3) the balance has all gone. For some reason uncharted 2 did an excellent job of making you feel like you were involved in an adventure where you could create the action. This by contrast felt like a completely dictated experience. So dull I only finished it out of loyalty to its predecessors.

4) graphics were fine but nothing significantly better than before. I loved uncharted 2's look anyhow.

5) follows exactly the same plot - cursed city / race against baddies / deception etc - I mean I can let this go if the gameplay is exciting - but it just isn't.
    - to think that highly creative games like mirror's edge got critically slated while this uninspired money-making on-rails, set-piece after set-piece ultra-bland experience gets full marks. I just don't get it!

Clearly enough people like this for my comments to be ignored - perhaps these people are the younger call-of-duty generation of gamers. I'm a little less 'blockbuster' in my taste. Also perhaps if it hadn't been given such high marks all round I'd let it go but something fishy is going on here!
  19. Jul 27, 2014
    This is a nice game but definitely not "the greatest game ever made". Too much lengthy and quite repetitive - all the time again and again similar shooting scenes, so similar that becoming boring after about 60% of progress. It even seems they didn't have that long story for a that long game and put some of the location just to make shooting scenes longer. Blah.
  20. Jul 21, 2014
    This was one of the first games i played on my PlayStation and it was phenomenal i love the batman fighting style and the shooting mechanics are fair as well the visuals are amazing my mom thought it was a movie when she saw me playing it the story was phenomenal as well all in all i would definitely recommend you buy this game and would even go as far to say go out and buy a PlayStation 3 for this game. Expand
  21. Jul 11, 2014
    AMAZING GAME - Great graphics, Great story locations, and Great Characters. A LOT of fun to play. The only problem I have is that there is too much recoil during gun combat, and you can't sprint in this game. I finished the game 3 times, and still not bored. A MUST BUY.
  22. Jun 30, 2014
    This was my first PS3 game and seriously, I don't know what to say. Those graphics are... just perfect! The story is fascinating, the characters are awesome and it's one of the greatest games I ever played. When I played for the first time, I was excited.
  23. Jun 21, 2014
    97/100: Naughty Dog created a new, wonderful experience for the PlayStation 3 by creating Uncharted 3. The combat and the storyline are just as good as Uncharted 2 and graphically this game have to have blown everybody away. Also, the multiplayer is very fun and original!
  24. PMG
    Jun 17, 2014
    This is an absolute masterpiece! The story is gripping with strong writing and excellent performances. The game also has excellent pace and blend tight shootout, platforming and really geneus puzzles. The multiplayer is a blast and really fun and the visuals on the PS3 are only rivalved by the Last of Us. All in all if you like third person shooters that play like Indiana Jones, you shouldn't miss this amazing experience. Expand
  25. Jun 6, 2014
    The game was fun, but more or less I think it was just Uncharted 2.5 honestly. Not much changed, and it probably was just a "quick break out the third one to make a lot of money" or deal.

Needless to say, it wasn't a bad game. It didn't live up to Uncharted 2 "which was a solid 10/10 in my book" but it wasn't as good.
  26. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception I predict will go down in history as one of the most ambitious games ever made. The gameplay and set pieces flow here somewhat like action poetry. The characters here are so believable in their crazy motivations because of the brilliant voice acting and motion capture. The story, as ludicrous as it gets, is so entertaining because of director Amy Hennig and her smart script. The environments are so striking because of the brilliant designers and artists working at the Pixar of gaming: Naughty Dog. Expand
  27. May 19, 2014
    the best in the series its nothing but a non- stop roller coaster of fun and action its approaching 3 years since its release and its still looks amazing today unlike uncharted 2 this is why i play console games
  28. Apr 16, 2014
    If you own a ps3, the Uncharted series are a must have! The mixture of shooting, climbing and puzzle solving is perfect! The graphics are quite beautiful...I often found myself just stopping and looking at the scenery. The banter between characters as they explore the area is quite amusing to listen to. Get into it! I just wished it was a little longer :( I wanted the action to continue but maybe it felt shorter because I binge played it! Expand
  29. Apr 12, 2014
    Very cinematic, with great action sequences and terrific voice acting. It is a very linear game, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just the nature of the game. It's also quite short. My only criticism is the gameplay, which while generally very good, can be frustrating at times. Mostly when you are surrounded by enemies, and struggling to aim your gun while keeping a consistent camera angle. Overall, I would definitely recommend this game, you'll fly through it in a couple days. Expand
  30. Apr 1, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever played..Story,characters,voice acting,gameplay,graphics,online mode...finished 3 times and never get bored by repeting the story...........
  31. Mar 21, 2014
    I was a huge fan of the first game in the series but I just thought that this one didn't quite take the same jump in quality than I would've expected in this franchise and from this particular developer.
  32. Mar 17, 2014
    To start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it's cover but still) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception and as the title suggests (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets infact, indeed, indubitably, deceived. But in all the other Uncharted games (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets deceived then shouldn't it be more like: Uncharted Drake's Deception, Uncharted 2 Drake's Deception again, Uncharted 3 Drake you F*@#$^% idiot. But unfortunately this is the least of the game's problems because to be completely honest the best part about this game is the title screen infact I would rather just stare at the title screen for 6 1/2 hours then play this game for about just as long. But next I'll get the few good things about this thing out, the main theme is good all of the other music I can't remember but the main theme is good, the characters are generic but there not annoying or stupid... so better that then Last of Us, and also the graphics in the actual cutscenes are okey. But anything else ranges from bad to just plain garbage. I'll start with the story and... it's basically the same as the other Uncharted games, I'ld go more in depth but I don't want to have to click that contains spoilers box and I already have done quite a lot but what ever there's plenty more garbage that Naughty Dog dished out so don't worry about it. The control is just plain bad, it's infact so bad that I didn't even want to think that this game was a first party. What do I mean by this well firstly Nathan Drake who (SPOILERS!!!) is the main character of the game only jumps when he fricken feels like it, and you can't even imagine how annoying this is in a game like this when you are trying your best just to get Nathan to do a little kindergardener jump but instead he just head bangs like he's at a Nirvana concert. He also runs into invisible walls half the time when there's a cliff and the other half he just slips off like an idiot and goes plummeting to his death. Also for the fact that when your not aiming a gun the camera moves around like it's on speed, but once you aim a gun the camera then moves around like it's... well off of speed. And since the control is goins so much into the gameplay I might as well just go full in. So in terms of gameplay there are actually a lot of different kinds... of course they can't get any of them right though. First the swimming I hope you thought that Ocarina of Time was the best swimming was ever going to get because in Uncharted 3 it's worse. By this I mean that basically when you first start out in Ocarina of Time and when you first try to swim well imagine that except more stiff and a million people shooting instakill grenades at you. Then there is the climbing which just like the jumping only works when it feels like it. Some times the segments are as easy as spamming X while holding up and sometimes they just don't work and force you to exhaust every possible option until finally you get it right. But you know what the best part is? it's when you try to jump to something that seems obvious to get on but when you jump to them you go falling to your death again. Then there is of course the walk around like an idiot for 10 minutes to elongate gameplay while searching for something or just walking in a straight line. Oh but before I get to the actual combat I have to get to one of the best parts of the game... in game cutscenes. Oh my god are they hilarious because not only does the game begin to look worse while in these cutscenes but they also decide to give Nathan and (SPOILERS) Sully the ability to teleport into a completely different position durning one of these and then teleport back like nothing ever happened. Then the big one the fighting mechanics. First of all the melee combat, I will say it's not completely a cutscene but it's a button masher and a bad one at that. You can also apparently kill enemies by landing on them but it never worked for me except for the first level. The shooting as I mentioned before is very stiff and there have been times where I had to follow an enemy across the screen because the cursor moved like a slug. But of course with all of that obviously you should be assaulted by ten thousand responding enemies who can take sniper bullets to the head right. Well no but it's in the game anyway. But by far the worst part of the game is the fricken RPG's, because not only are they an instakill but they also will send Nathan into an omg something exploded remotely close to me animation if it explodes anywhere near you. And of course there are armored guys that take 200 hits to kill and can't be meleed. So in the end this game isn't worth a 10/10. Expand
  33. Mar 6, 2014
    If you like Uncharted Series you will love Uncharted 3, action, great story, beautiful graphics, all in one package, i keep my heart with uncharted 2 as the best of the series but please don't miss this one too
  34. Feb 23, 2014
    The expectations were high, but Naughty Dog delivered a masterpiece. The story here is fascinating, the gameplay is fun, the cinematic moments are often breathtaking, and the writing and performances remain smart and snappy. Looking forward to the next installment.
  35. Feb 8, 2014
    I did not buy this game. It was shipped with my new PS3. I usually do not play action games. However I loved it. Amazing action from the beginning until the end. Superb graphics. Innovative. Thanks to the developers !
  36. Feb 4, 2014
    This is a really great game, I enjoyed the atmosphere, the gameplay, the story, and even the multiplayer. Everything about this game is great, my only gripe is that it is so darn linear!
  37. Jan 27, 2014
    Again to me the uncharted series are just supreme talking about the graphics and game play, the acting voices are again very god, BUT I would like to leave without knowing Drake's story of his childhood, I found it senseless like someone spent 10 minutes just to come up with something to say. Other that that is great and the multi player is fantastic.
  38. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game
  39. Jan 17, 2014
    Suffers in comparison to Uncharted 2, but it's still an incredibly polished game from a developer who never disappoints. The boat sequence especially is one of the most exciting setpieces ever made playable.
  40. Jan 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While I believe it isn't as good as Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is still a really good game. The game remains as solid and enjoyable as the previous entry in the series while also adding more interesting and intense set pieces. This game also has around three times as many puzzles as it predecessor, each one being clever and well thought out. The story was well done too, even if parts like the prolonged desert level and the final fight with Talbot were lackluster. Overall, this game is amazing, despite living in Among Thieves' shadow. Expand
  41. Jan 16, 2014
    I didn´t expect Uncharted 3 to be a massive improvement over its predecessor, because I felt there was a balance between the plot and the characters, something that Uncharted 2 did not. Both Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan are fleshed out, as we see the origin of their partnership when Drake was a young kid and Sully was a thief. It was a treat seeing them like that! And unlike Among Thieves, I cared more for the heroes than ever. Nathan, while sometimes naive, is always spirited, and finally, Sully appears more in the game, which means we get to hear his awesome voice and dialogue. Chloe Frazer appears more stable in his change of personality, and Cutter was surprisingly entertaining for a character that´s new to the franchise, although Elena doesn´t take a big role like in Uncharted 2. As for the villains, while Marlowe isn´t as threatning or cold-hearted like Lazaravich, I did feel hatred for his assistant Talbot, who always seems to get his ways around the heroes, as he sometimes steals the artifacts that the protagonists worked so hard for. Now obviously, there´s a ton of action, involving lots of the same aspects Uncharted 2 had, but this time, a lot of things are improved: melee combat has been upgraded, allowing a more satisfying and quicker punchlines, unlike the more slower fist fighting from before. There´s a a ton of enemies in the game, but not in the same level of Among Thieves, and that´s the best change of the game: there´s no excessive amount of enemies. You do get a ton, but it didn´t me turn off from the experience. The graphics have improved: lots of detail in the enviroments and the characters, especially during the forest in France. Multiplayer in this game is somewhat the same as UC2, but it does include a Buddy System, where you get tagged with someone, and if you die, depending on if your buddy is getting shot or not, you get an option to spawn next to him, like Battlefield´s Spawn system, only less liberating. However, it was funny to see that there´s Unchated TV, where you get to see some videos about the weapons for MP and some parody vids. Overall, I loved this game: I loved the characters, the action, the detail, and it was more enjoyable than UC2 for me. I can´t wait for the next Uncharted game! Expand
  42. Jan 15, 2014
    Man if you like the uncharted series this is one of the best game this year! Really a must buy! If new player to uncharted I recommend to start from the first, the story is so freaking good!
  43. Jan 9, 2014
    One of my least favourite games of all time. Graphics and sound absolutely shine, this is a good looking game, even by 2014 standards. But that's it. The whole game basically boils down to a pattern of explore, gunfight, and solve puzzle over and over again through 22 chapters of tedium. To be fair, the exploring is basically okay and the puzzles are just the right level of difficulty. But the gunfights will make you regret buying a PS3. They happen at the wrong times, just as a scene's rhythm is gathering steam. Deaths in gunfights often feel cheap and the enemies are bullet sponges, sometimes needing 6 or 7 rounds to go down. I have much respect for Naughty Dog, but I'm won't spend 60 dollars on a 20 hour game with no replay value ever again. If I hadn't played this game for free via my PlayStation Plus subscription, I would have never had played it. Expand
  44. Jan 8, 2014
    A huge success for Naughty Dog again! I can find only positive things for this game.The characters are cool & excellent(each one has it's own style and personality).The graphics and the environment are also excellent!The story is good and the music is epic!The gameplay has been improved from U2.The campaign is excellent, you just have to see it for yourself(if you haven't already).In my opinion, online game is also very good(especially the co op mode) .
    Both U3 & U2 are excellent games, I like U2 campaign better but U3 has impressed me in both online & campaign mode.These two are surely in the top 4 of my favourite games I have ever played in my life!
  45. Jan 6, 2014
    Uncharted 2 and 3 are some of the greatest video games ever made especially from a cinematic point of view. The puzzles and fights are just as fun. The only thing I can say is if you love the Indiana Jones movies...give these games a try especially if you enjoyed Tomb Raider and some shooters now and then. Both of those game features are the meat and potatoes of Uncharted. Did I mention the simple yet great stories they tell? Simply very well done stuff that should not be missed. Expand
  46. Jan 4, 2014
    A solid game but unworthy of the relentless praise which it receives. The aiming/shooting is unresponsive and the patch addressing the aiming issue does little to help in actuality.

Truth be told pretty much everything feels flimsy when it comes to maneuvering Drake. Yes, he can climb any mountain and it's quite entertaining for the first five minutes, but the movement feels really
    'cheap' as he practically teleports to each adjacent ledge. The free running doesn't hold a candle to Assassin's Creed.

Uncharted 3 showcases some fantastic set-pieces... Everything besides these carefully orchestrated moments feel like filler. "It's not where you're going, it's how you get there" is a phrase we've all heard many times in it's various incarnations. The problem is how you get from set-piece A to set-piece B is rarely interesting or at all memorable and the hackneyed story certainly does not do the game any favours.

The AI sometimes works brilliantly, and they will flank and pursue you relentlessly. Sadly the enemies will often forget their priorities and get stuck in walls etc etc.

It's a set of great looking locations and carefully painted pictures attached to a rudimentary third person shooter: The gaming equivalent of entertaining but forgettable trash TV.
  47. Jan 3, 2014
    Compared to the second, Uncharted trumps everything Uncharted to had. Uncharted 3 has flaws of it's own though as some. The story and multiplayer are the best in the series, but some bugs and mechanics hold down the greatness.

(I just did a whole review, but it got erased so I'm just doing an overall recap.)
  48. Jan 2, 2014
    this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff" gameplay. The characters were excellent with a story we are used to from an uncharted game. could've done with less cutscenes though, and maybe a better boss fight? but those are my only two complaints. Multiplayer is enjoyable once you get past the learning curve, but definately a great game with varied gameplay that doesn't feel repititve. Expand
  49. Jan 1, 2014
    As Uncharted 2 is my favorite game, I was disappointed in 2011 when the third installment of the saga turned out with much less character and creativity than its predecessors. Although the game goes above and beyond in story-line, mechanics, and cinematics, it lacks quotability and ingenuity. Still a great game.
  50. Dec 13, 2013
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a blast of fun. The story is immersive, gameplay fast and exhilarating, and the multiplayer is rewarding in the long run. A must have for Playstation 3 owners.
  51. Dec 1, 2013
    When I played Uncharted 2 I thought the game would never be surpassed by any other game, 2010 passed and nothing, Uncharted 2 was still the king, then 2011 came, and that story changed, Uncharted 3 is the best in the series and one of the best games out there, it surpassed Uncharted 2 in every conceivable way, and it's a game that should be played by everyone, everything in it is just perfect, you should play it, you wont regret it Expand
  52. Nov 24, 2013
    Greater game then the average joe, In my opinion this game was better then the 2 one. Puzzles are very hard for me so you will see I rarely play these kind of games but if i'm bored and need something i'm always in for a deep puzzler. Perfect for hardcore gamers.

Maki
  53. Nov 23, 2013
    besides of not being as good as the second uncharted this game is incredible,it's one of the best exclusives games launched for playstation 3 and for the 7th generation.
  54. ERB
    Nov 22, 2013
    It's here Uncharted is back with It's new game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.It's graphics have improved and the world in this game beautiful.There are so many to adventure in this game.The game play mechanics is the best and it is also better than It's storyline.The game play is fun and I love killing those damn enemies.This game is fun and awesome and It gets a 10/10 from me and I highly recommend you fans or newbies of this franchise to buy this game and try playing it.And I promise this game will make you have a great time.This game is legendary. Expand
  55. Nov 22, 2013
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is considered as a masterpiece the best in uncharted series well for me it ain't as good as uncharted 2: among thieves. all were best but this didn't had that spark and much variation in surroundings as uncharted 2 had felt a bit disappointed at the end. but multiplayer sale covered up my sadness. it's awesome but not a masterpiece for me :D
  56. Nov 19, 2013
    Un grandisimo juego, el mejor de la historia de los videojuegos, un modo historia sobervio, unos personajes de lujo, una trama impresionante, es un juego perfecto...o casi perfecto...aciertos: Jugabilidad exuisita, se maneja perfectamente, muy fluido y la verdad, no hay otro igual en este aspecto. Graficos excelentes, escenas como la del barco, la del castillo en llamas o simplemente cuando estas en el campo, es como si estuvieras viendo una pelicula. El sonido es lo mejorcito del juego, dobaldo al castellano perfectamente, se entiende a la perfeccion, los personajes parecen con vida propia y el sonido ambiente es simplemente sublime. Innovación, no innovan mucho, pero aun asi, sorprende y supera a sus antecesores en todo. Contras... Una vez te lo pasas, no estas obligado a hacerlo denuevo...no tiene extras como mejorar armas, cambiarle la ropa, como el en Uncharted 2, todo un error, en cambio en on-line tiene esos y mas aspectos, un gran fallo ue me ha decpcionado en ese apartado, me hubiera gustado que tuviera mejoras de armas o armas desbloqueables, infinitas..modos de juego tipo al reves...etc... Expand
  57. Nov 10, 2013
    just incredible it is amazing each game has been a number one and this is no different wow story is great i do say two is the best though this story has more direness to it overall 10-10
  58. Nov 10, 2013
    Although the games are not that bad, i think i never gonna be a Uncharted Fan. The Presentation is top, graphics and design are beyond any doubt and the shootings are not that bad either. But there are too long and there are too many in a row, the controls are vague, the story is boring and the gameplay is repetitive. Either you are shooting or climbing.

Blinder
  59. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. It is made by one of the most talented developers in the gaming industry, NaughtyDog. The graphics were improved from Uncharted 2 and they look GREAT. Uncharted 3 is definitly one of the greatest looking games available on the PS3. The story is great. Theirs alot of really awesome moments in the story that are action-packed and filled with suprises. One thing that I didnt like about this game is the puzzles in the campaign. I ended up backtracking quite a bit in some of the campaign's puzzles. Also, the villians in Uncharted 3 were not as great as Lazarevic and the others from Uncharted 2. They were still great, though. The multiplayer was alot of fun. Better than Uncharted 2's in most aspects. Theirs alot to do in Uncharted 3's multiplayer. Play the 10+ gamemodes, look for treasures, complete missions and play the co-op campaign. However, I noticed alot of lag in some U3 matches. It isnt as laggy as games like BO2, But their should have been better a better matchmaking system. Expand
  60. Oct 18, 2013
    uncharted 3 is the best ps3 videogame.
    Excelent graphics,a compelling argument, an adictive gameplay
    and of course...a charismatic hero
    Nathan Drake is the best
  61. Oct 13, 2013
    "All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream, by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, waken the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." T.E. Lawrence

I remember this as the first game I'd played on the PS3, since I got it. Uncharted 3 is one of the major reasons
    why I played video games. A masterpiece, it is, and what was improved from its predecessor is the mechanics, gameplay, graphics, and multiplayer, but what most of its shine deserves to be from comes from the exciting moments of the campaign. This time, we find Nate, not fighting against some psychopathic Serbian warlord, nor trying to find some lost city in Asia, not trying to save the world from a deadly weapon, but fighting against a group of British thugs pulled straight from a Guy Ritchie film, in the jaw-punching moments of the prologue, and later against a mysterious secret order, lead by Katherine Marlowe, an old enemy, to find the lost city of Ubar, across deserts, towns, castles, ships, plane, and abandoned places in multiple places, such as England, France, and Egypt.

The campaign also focuses on the bond Nate and his father-like mentor, Sully, created over twenty years ago, after an incident that brought them together. Their latest adventure could also be their most challenging, devastating, and deeply-felt journey they had together, and another focus on Nate and his on-off-again relationship with Elena, two years between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. We also find ourselves the same elements that made this game ULTIMATE: more crazy action sequences (For example: A bar fight, the fighting and destruction in a huge plane, fighting pirates in ships, and ambushing a convoy in the deserts), a more understandable story, more info on our characters' lives, more improved mechanics, and a more improved cast (particularly that Nolan North, as Nate, steals the show once again) that has some of the best performances I've seen in years of gaming.

The multiplayer also improved, as well, putting in new more features: new clothes, new guns, new modes, new worlds, and adding a channel: Uncharted TV, in which you could watch Uncharted-related videos from Youtube. The multiplayer is a huge highlight, as the players spends months and years in that, beating down enemies or climb up platforms, and another improvement (adding in the exciting moments from the campaign, as well) make this multiplayer better than Uncharted 2's multiplayer.

Uncharted 3 captures the soul of its predecessor and it gives us a more look, focus, and a bit of emotion of our characters' lives, and the affection from them, and it is one of the most impressive games I have ever played.

In a small scene, that stuck with me the most, a tired Nate rests on Elena's lap, holding on her hands, saying one line, "I'm sorry."
  62. Oct 8, 2013
    After playing Uncharted 2 and 3 i must say i got a bit disappointed in some aspects in this game.
    From the start i really got stuck to the story and couldn't stop playing it to discover the big mystery Drake's been searching for over 20 years, but the ending was just decent, nothing amazing like Uncharted 2.

The gameplay really improved, the visuals improved, the chasing scenes
    improved, well you get my point, i didn't got disappointed with the game it self but with his ending.

One other thing that i got disappointed with was the removal of the Bonus that i loved in UC2 like the extra outfits, the infinite bullet weapons, and things like that, that made me play the game once again and try the extra modifications and use my favorite weapons with infinite ammo.

I must say that Uncharted 3 is a great sequel but i take some points due to:
    - Uncharted 3 inferior ending (in my opinion).
    - Lack of bonus section.

But still i really enjoyed the game except this 2 points, and overall the story was great and the gameplay better than the second game, so i recommend you to play UC2 and then you play UC3 and make a comparison.
  63. Sep 28, 2013
    Es un placer inmenso regresar a la saga con "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception", un juego que está al nivel de los dos anteriores, magnífico a más no poder y con una temática cinematográfica parecida a todas las demás entregas de Naughty Dog. Además de eso, gráficos maravillosos, personajes antipáticos y simpáticos y con un villano que puede igualar el nivel de ambición de Zoran Lazarevich (villano de la entrega anterior). Sin otras palabras, fantástico; frenética diversión. Expand
  64. Sep 25, 2013
    this game could easily be the best game for ps3, but it had several unexpected flaws that left uncharted 2 as the better game. first, it is easier and shorter. Its length problems seem to be related to how the game was published. I get the feeling like this one was rushed, since a lot of time was spent on the development of multiplayer. The ending is unappealing, and a let down since the story was unveiling quite well. The game starts talking about a certain powerful thing, sickness, entity that may be used by the game's villians. As we get to the end, this thing is not released, meaning there is no boss battle (which i think is very important for most games), and the rest is our heroes going back home.
    The overall gameplay, graphics, events, and presentation are by far the best, but the lack of interesting context took it down from the throne
  65. Sep 2, 2013
    This must be the most overrated game ever, this game isn't even the best in the Uncharted series, being uncharted 2 the only one who deserves nines not even a 10.
  66. Aug 30, 2013
    Maybe because it was the first game that introduced me to the amazing world of PS3, but I absolutelly love the Uncharted 3. I loved it so much that I bought the two previous parts of the saga and was money well spent. Great graphics, great characters and great story. I would recommend it to every gamer who seek for adventure and guns. Also, the multiplayer with divided screen is awesome fun to play with a mate (eventually I got obsessed playing online... It´s a guilty pleasure). Give it a try, It´s a classic of PS3 nowadays. Expand
  67. Aug 20, 2013
    Played this on friend's house, i honestly didnt expect the multiplayer to be soo good, mind blown, graphics is awesome too, but i still believe U2 was better though
  68. Aug 19, 2013
    Best Uncharted game to date. They fixed everything from Uncharted 2 and this game have almost nothing boring or annoying. There is only few unnecessary parts. Like there was super-boring part in U2 on the train they have convoy here (but shorter which is good).

This could be easy score 10 without few minor story and gameplay problems.
  69. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved Uncharted 2. I played it through many times over all the difficulties, picked up one of my first platinum trophies and conquered the multiplayer.
    As you can imagine, I was very exited for the third installment. "How will the game begin", I thought to myself, thinking back to hanging from a train that was dangling off a cliff, slowly clawing a beaten-up Nathan Drake to the top to
    safety.
    So, how did it begin? A badly controlled punch up in a pub. Ok, that was anticlimactic. But then so was the rest of the game. If you can call it a game. Uncharted 3 felt more like one of those FMV games from the mid to late nineties. This "game" feels more like Uncharted: the movie in my opinion.
    The visuals are definitely the games strongest point, although the multiplayer visuals are very poor, but I'll get to that in a minute. Uncharted 3 tells the story of Nathan and Sully's father-son relationship; how they met, and how strong their bond is. Which was fairly interesting, but not really groundbreaking and filled with plot holes.
    Disappointed, I decided to give the multiplayer a try. I had already tried the beta and had a little experience to the new dynamic. My biggest problem had remained. The addition to a "sprint" button had changed everything.
    Before, fights were fair given everyone could move at the same speed. The shootouts were more strategic, and it was more about the placement of your character and the cover you had. Now, fights consist of blindfire rushes, and a melee attack to finish. Everybody uses this technique. It is a huge let down in my opinion as there are some great customisation options for your character and a new boost mechanic that gives the losing team a chance to catch up. You can even plug in a second controller for local play, which unfortunately downgrades the visuals. I did enjoy the horde mode though, fighting off waves of enemies made me forget that the elimination game mode had been removed on release, which infuriated me. A recent update had seen Naughty dog add this back into the playlist, but I had got rid of my copy by that point. I'd rather play Uncharted 2. It plays more like a game.
    Rental only.
  70. Aug 17, 2013
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were awesome.... 2 of my favorite games.... it pains me to say this but I feel that they phoned this one in just to make money...... No sense of depth or scale
  71. Aug 11, 2013
    Naughty Dog delivered a cinematic experience that i could call sublime. The presentation itself feels like a high quality action movie. The pacing, is a bit too fast for me, since I wondered what motivations could these characters possably have about halfway through, and by the ending, I really wished that I knew of the fates and more of the personas of some of the other protagonists, and villains. The graphics, are GORGEOUS. The game is really pumping out the PS3 cell processor. There is almost never lag, ever, and as well as no load times, with the exception of two, before the main campaign begins, which can be lengthy, but definitely worth it. Respawning is never frustrating since it respawns you just before you died, so its very handy to keep the gameplay going. Shooting is fun. Its not the deepest shooting mechanics ever, but you can play stealth as well, and it is satisfying/ worth it. The campaign also has parkour segments, which are generally really fun. My biggest complaint with the campaign is that parkour is sometimes tricky, as Naughty Dog made such detailed environments, sometimes, jumping in a level with alot of detail, might lead you to your death, even though it seemed doable. The game is also very linear. Some might say it hurts the replay value, but I though it being linear, helped make players less likely to get lost on their objective. Replay value: Includes 100 treasures in the campaign, a co-op campign, which is more or less just random missions, with no real overarching story, but playing with a friend locally is extremely fun. Maybe the splitscreen would make it difficult to play on a small tv, since the environments are so detailed, but a reasonably sized tv should fix that. The writing is great, as well as entertaining. Lastly is the multiplayer. Its a standard multiplayer with 12 player matches. You can play several modes to choose from such as death match and capture the flag. Its also F2P, so you should find lots of people to play with, but there is a large unnecesary number of DLCs just for some skins. The multiplayer is great, but its not really easy to get into, since there are tons of stuff to level up, in order to become at least a somewhat competent player. There, once again, shouldn't be lag if you have a decent internet. Add in tons of trophies you could get, the increased difficulties, all the treasure, the local, and online multiplayer, and Uncharted 3 has a great replay value. Despite its flaws, its easy to overlook them as this is a must have. If you don't like games that are way too linear, and are scripted quite a bit, you probably might want to rent this, just to see if you will like it or not. Expand
  72. Aug 10, 2013
    Spectacular game. I think that's the most accurate word to describe it. Stunning scenarios and illumination effects, thrilling action-filled game play: fighting in a flying plane, riding a horse through trucks in the dessert, trying to escape from ruins that are being completely destroyed... If you are searching for a good adventure game, this is THE ONE. But the plot... is bad. Villains with almost no personality, a MacGuffin that doesn't even make any sense... I think the first Uncharted was the only one with a nice plot. But all the other facts of this third part make it a really good game, perfect to play it again all the way through a couple of times. Without taking the story in to account, we could say is the best Uncharted by far. Expand
  73. Aug 2, 2013
    The is in my opinion the best Uncharted yet. From a technical perspective this game is near-flawless. These are some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the facial and character animations are so lifelike that at times it looks like you're controlling a real-life person. The game still features the same awesome voice actors and the soundtrack is as always fantastic. The story mode is the best yet, with an emotional story focusing on Drake and Sully's bond and a look into Drake's past. It also features some of the series most memorable set pieces. The gameplay is still awkward at times, with gunplay feeling stiffer than in previous entries, but everything still feels smooth enough to keep you glued to your controller. Melee combat has taken some great steps forward, featuring environmental takedowns and a handy counter-attack system that allows you to juggle multiple goes with ease. Platforming is still fun and is occasionally smoothly tied into a combat encounter. So the campaign is the best this series has offered yet, the multiplayer takes somewhat of a step back. There's nothing wrong with the multiplayer, it's still a perfectly great time, it's just not as much fun as in Uncharted 2. The stiffer aim is a hindrance to the multiplayer, but never stops it from being an addictive experience. With a great selection of maps as well as a fantastic selection of competitive and co-operative modes Uncharted 3's multiplayer will keep you hooked for countless hours. Drake's Deception is an amazing experience. From the campaign to the multiplayer (both competitive and co-op), Uncharted 3 manages to be a non-stop fun time. It's not only one of the best PS3 games of all time, but it's also just one of the best games of all time. If you haven't played this game yet you're missing out on one of the best video game experiences around. So take my advice and pick up a copy of this game ASAP, you wont regret it. Expand
  74. Aug 2, 2013
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 10/10..................................................................................................................
  75. Jul 25, 2013
    To be honest, Uncharted 2 has a better story, but that doesn't mean Uncharted 3's story is bad. Both are epic. The gameplay is the same as the previous games, and that's not a bad thing because Uncharted is not released year after year (like Call of Duty). The music is great, and the online is great. A must-own for your PS3 collection.
  76. Jul 18, 2013
    this game is more better i love this game i am only half way thru entire game i am loving it i am dying to see what happen in end of game i want to see if this game get another sequel

if u guys only bought 3rd series i suggest u play from start u enjoy this game much every Uncharted fan here
  77. Jul 15, 2013
    Let me straight out say that uncharted 3 is better than its very famous predessesor uncharted 2. it took me awhile to realise this because uncharted 2 suprised me so much and I was expecting umcharted 3 to do the same. but uncharted 3 is better, it just didnt shock me as much. everything is improved from the shooting, to climbing, graphics, and even the conversations. the online did shock me though being waaaaay better than u2 online. I recommend u3 to anyone and everyone best game ive played in a while Expand
  78. Jul 6, 2013
    Thing this game is great, but being such a fan of the first and especially the second game I don't think Uncharted 3 was as good. It did not hook me like the first two did, maybe because I was use to the Uncharted series, or maybe because I just had too high of expectations.
  79. Jul 5, 2013
    Uncharted 3 is a spectacular game. May not be as good as its predecessor, but remains faithful to the Uncharted series in terms of graphics and story. Again Nate embarks on an unbelievable journey with epic moments that seem to come out of an action movie. Can sometimes have some bugs, and some technical errors, but looking at the whole package, including improved multiplayer, Uncharted 3 is among the best games of 2011, and is a must buy for anyone who has a PS3. Expand
  80. Jul 4, 2013
    After playing the whole 3 Uncharted games I can safely say these are best Action/Adventure games I have ever played. The story in Uncharted 3 is one of the best in a game and really leaves you wanting to pursue to the ending of the game. But that is not all this game has to offer, this game also has its brilliantly designed multiplayer which adds a lot more content and fun once you have finished the main story. The multiplayer is comprised of your regular modes like, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag etc. But also adds some co-op game modes and is really fun. If you liked any of the other Uncharted games or just want to play an amazing game pick this up and the other ones. Expand
  81. Jul 4, 2013
    Really great game. I remember when I completed the game,The story wasn't as good as 2, but it was still great. The graphics sometimes were not as good, but in sometimes like the desert, the graphics were AMAZING. The gameplay was better than 2, I found the characters acting and voicing really good too. Amazing game!
  82. Jul 3, 2013
    Uncharted 3 is a spectacular game. May not be as good as its predecessor, but remains faithful to the Uncharted series in terms of graphics and story. Again Nate embarks on an unbelievable journey with epic moments that seem to come out of an action movie. Can sometimes have some bugs, and some technical errors, but looking at the whole package, including improved multiplayer, Uncharted 3 is among the best games this year, and is a must buy for anyone who has a PS3. Expand
  83. Jul 1, 2013
    This was my introduction to the Uncharted series. My jaw was literally dropping throughout a good portion of this game. Naughty Dog is definitely pushing the limits of gaming. I felt like I was transported into an Indiana Jone movie. I play a lot of video games but this was a truly unique experience.

I have a few minor gripes about the game play but I can't in good conscience lower
    the rating for those. It's a pretty good sign when the biggest complaint I can come up with is that I wished it was longer. I played on hard difficulty and found it to be more than enough of a challenge. Bravo! I will definitely be buying more games from Naughty Dog. Expand
  84. Jun 22, 2013
    uncharted 3 is one of the best games that i ever played
    the plot is interesting and the gameplay is very good
    the camping is little shorter than uncharted 2.
    the multiplayer is very good i played in that something like 3 months, its so good!!!
  85. Jun 22, 2013
    I've played all 3 Uncharted games and 2 is still my personal favorite. Wasn't too into the story/campaign as much in this title but the graphics are def. the best to date. The multiplayer to me is where the fun lies. I truely enjoyed every bit of the multiplayer, even if the gameplay is a little generic. It's very unique with the powerplays and the abilities. Like vanishing in a puff of smoke or throwing multiple grenades. Expand
  86. Jun 19, 2013
    Again another game so close to being better then the 2 one. I loved the story, because it was based around Sully and Nate, the two best characters in the game. But I think they underused every other character and that's where it fell short. Defiantly pick all three games up, they are truly amazing. The online play was vastly improved and I actually enjoyed playing it this time. The graphics if possible got better then the 2nd one. But some of the missions where kind of bad. "cough" cough" 12 and 13. But besides those two the overall experience was truly great. Expand
  87. Jun 17, 2013
    Simply one of the best if not the best action game of this generation...............................I undrtand why people marks it with 0 just to lower the mark, but their opinion does not matter, just fanboys and haters
  88. Jun 15, 2013
    another amazing game to the franchise uncharted 3 takes the lead with better graphics and great story like the second one one of the greatest games on PS3 if not the best
  89. Jun 11, 2013
    Easily the best of the 3. The story is amazing... and probably the best so far. There is something that happens at the end that makes you wonder...."What was that?" It makes me very interested for the 4th. Now on to Golden Abyss until The Last of Us comes out. Naughty Dog is definitely the best developer out there.
  90. Jun 10, 2013
    I enjoyed this game a lot, but there is just one problem spiders!
    I HATE spiders and I'm TERRIFIED of them!!!
    If the spiders were removed, it would be a perfect game...
  91. Jun 7, 2013
    I didn't think it was possible to improve on Uncharted 2... but Naughty Dog has managed to do that in almost every possible way! Definitely one of the if not the most cinematic and jaw dropping experiences i've ever had with a game!
  92. Jun 3, 2013
    Naughty Dog has set expectations in the games they create and Uncharted 3 truly exceeds them. Unbelievable detail throughout the world, the character animations are top notch the game play is flawless. Well written cut scenes and a gripping story line. Once again Naughty Dog has delivered a game that feels like a movie. Unfortunately the game was rather short. Naughty Dog have improved the multiplayer aspect of the game by allowing players to join in during a match which was a big issue in the previous title. The multiplayer experience is rather predictable as all it takes for one team to dominate is to control the spawn points of "Power Weapons". An abundance of DLC's make the game a costly investment for those who wish to obtain all trophies. There are a few online trophies that are very tedious and require long grinds to acquire. Despite these small issues the game is very enjoyable. Expand
  93. rrt
    Jun 2, 2013
    Gra absolutnie idealna!Grafika,muzyka a przede wszystkim grywalność.Najlepsza z trylogi Uncharted a i prawdopodobnie Najlepsza gra na Playstation 3 POLECAM
  94. May 29, 2013
    i give the games an 8 becouse the Puzzels Are Realy Hard
    But The Rest Of The Game is Realy Good
    Like The Sory And A Good Third Person Shooter
    Good Cover System
  95. May 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story they're all top notch. If you're willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming's finest moments. Expand
  96. May 2, 2013
    Uncharted 3 is absolutely awesome but I don't know if it is better than 2. Thhe gameplay has been refined even more this time resulting in more fluid movement and combat. In addition the action set pieces have been stepped up even more now in the league with God of War. The game's story is great to and a cut above most of the other stuff out there but comparing to U2 even though it tries something different and does well there are just a few things that aren't explained enough by the end. The multiplayer is great aswell if your interested. Still one of the best games ever!! Expand
  97. May 1, 2013
    This game is breathtaking. The amount of action scenes and running scenes in this game just blow my mind. I felt like I was watching something like a more bad-ass version of Indiana Jones. But this is so much better than that. The gameplay is amazing, the graphics are spectacular and the story is just epic. At first, I didn't really like the shooting mechanics, however I pretty much got used to them. I'm not an avid gamer, but this is literally the best game I have ever played by far. Expand
  98. Apr 22, 2013
    A prime, worthy follow up to Uncharted 2. God damn, this is a good game. Everything that could have gone right has gone right in his game. The story is compelling as phuck, the gameplay is well-improved and these characters are going to stay implanted in my memory until I am on my deathbed.
  99. Apr 20, 2013
    The difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first before gameplay. Play this game on Very Easy for it to be even remotely finishable compared to the previous 2. I'm disappointed Naughty Dog. I love your stuff and the story was great, but the gameplay on this game leaves me not wanting to pick up another ps3 exclusive. Expand
  100. Apr 16, 2013
    Having just come off finishing Uncharted and Uncharted 2 (I was a relative PS3 newbie at the time), to say I was pumped for the release of Uncharted 3 was an understatement. Uncharted 2 was my favourite PS3 game, and I loved how it drew me into Nathan's world and I felt like I was living an action/adventure movie. Uncharted 3 follows the same premise as the previous two Nathan Drake in trouble, has to find secret treasure before bad guys do, lots of action, puzzles and awesome cut scenes. Once again, the game nails it in most aspects graphics, gameplay, movie like cut scenes etc. However, I must admit, something this time around felt a tiny, teeny bit less "magical" about the 3rd installment of this series. I don't know if it was because I was a lot better at playing console games this time around, so I flew through it quicker, but the game definitely felt a lot shorter than Uncharted 2, and I was even able to finish it on "Crushing" difficulty (actually, I thought it was easier than on "Hard"), and get my first eve PS3 platinum trophy. So yeah, while it didn't quite live up to the awesomeness of the first 2 games, there is no doubt Unhcarted 3 is still brilliant in so many aspects, and pretty much knocks most other game titles out of the park. If you've played the first 2, you'd be stupid not to give this a crack. If you haven't played any of the Unhcarted series games I suggest starting from the beginning and working your way towards this. Expand
  101. Nov 9, 2011
    Just finished it, and I gotta say this game definitely doesn't deserve the 9's and 10's it got in all the reviews.

The combat is decent at the start but gets extremely repetitive halfway through the game. Towards the end I found myself dreading having to kill enemies. The combat isn't paced well at all, for that matter.
    I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear
    to move on, another wave comes out from nowhere. After I kill that wave of enemies, I take 2 steps into another room and hey look, more enemies!

Another few gripes I had were the aiming issues (they seem to be more prevalent from halfway through the game onwards), crap button response at times and poor controls at other times.

The aiming and recoil of the guns felt really inaccurate and off. I found myself missing shots all the time. The button response in the quicktime events was also poor at times, failing to register when you jump from platform to platform or press Triangle to counter an enemy's move. The poor controls were probably the biggest pain in the ass out of the three though. Numerous times I found myself trying to get to cover to avoid fire but instead of getting to cover, I'd end up trying to push a nearby enemy, which would result in me getting shot and killed.

I think Uncharted 3 was a bit disappointing compared to Uncharted 2. The story is great, but as for gameplay there was too much emphasis on shooting rather than platforming, and not enough platforming and puzzle-solving, and issues with aiming and controls that got extremely annoying and infuriating.

I honestly don't think Uncharted 3 deserved the 9's and 10's it got in reviews. 6/10 would be a much more suitable score.

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]