8.3

1. May 27, 2015
    I want to be honest in this review and say that the uncharted series has never evolved in story nor game play.

basically you run around shoot people, solve puzzles which take less than 10 minutes to solve, climb stuff and collect useless treasures. That's it, it is repetitive it is boring and some sections of the game and some characters feel unnecessary to the plot except that the

That's it, it is repetitive it is boring and some sections of the game and some characters feel unnecessary to the plot except that the developers wanted to insert extra levels.
    If you are buying the game for the story then don't buy this game.

The title says "Drake's deception" but deception is nowhere to be found in the plot.

The story is a classical cliche, it jumps from Drake looking for a treasure to friends being in danger (this part only lasts a 2 minute cutscene), a love interest, to saving the world from bad guys trying to steal ancient treasure.

All these segments of the story are short, messed up and dull.

Co-op and multiplayer are quite the same formula.

As for visual and sound, they are fine, except for some gunfire sounds and all explosions.
  2. May 24, 2015
    Best game on the market. I have not played it since it came out but I still remember how much I enjoyed it. You feel like a cool Indiana Jones. The story is just so great. The graphics is pretty. The characters are cool. The controls are not perfect and innovative but that is pretty much the only negative I can think of when it comes to this game. I have actually never played theBest game on the market. I have not played it since it came out but I still remember how much I enjoyed it. You feel like a cool Indiana Jones. The story is just so great. The graphics is pretty. The characters are cool. The controls are not perfect and innovative but that is pretty much the only negative I can think of when it comes to this game. I have actually never played the multiplayer but I think people buy these kinds of games for the story and not the multiplayer. I think the entire Uncharted Series will come out as the one of the best series to the PS3 console when PS3 games are stopped being produced the coming years. Expand
  3. May 22, 2015
    The game was a step down in the story component from Uncharted 2. It was full of set pieces, but I had no excitement while playing through these sections of the game. It seems as if Naughty Dog changed the shooting mechanics for the worst as well. The graphics are amazing. What really got me hooked was the multiplayer. After playing over 10 days of Uncharted 2 multiplayer, I continuedThe game was a step down in the story component from Uncharted 2. It was full of set pieces, but I had no excitement while playing through these sections of the game. It seems as if Naughty Dog changed the shooting mechanics for the worst as well. The graphics are amazing. What really got me hooked was the multiplayer. After playing over 10 days of Uncharted 2 multiplayer, I continued doing the same into Uncharted 3's. However, I really did not enjoy the overpowered boosters the game implemented. Expand
  4. May 8, 2015
    While I felt less frustrated than in the previous Uncharteds, this third game also reminded me that I never really had huge fun with the series. The core elements are lifted from classic games, but it's not as fast and responsive as those games, and often the player is led through the game whereas some of the best games let the player be an agent who figures things out.

Every Uncharted

Every Uncharted game has a few impressive levels, or setpieces. In '2', there was the jungle train level and the temple levels. In '3', there's a spectacular plane scene, a ship that is utilized creatively and almost worth playing the game just to see, and a final setting that looks like a next-gen animated painting.

But it's still molded into a linear route where the player never takes the game's decisions and the intensity is kept moderate.

I think the online cooperative mode is more entertaining, since you know the other person relies on your performance and it can get pretty hectic. The competitive multiplayer modes are dominated by very experienced players, but nonetheless they can deliver hours of gameplay, with a dozen maps and a lot of multiplayer trophies to work towards.

(The online game requires a code, so those who buy secondhand would have to buy a code in order to play online, and online feels like the second half of the game.)
  5. Apr 12, 2015
    Uncharted 3, the final chapter of the series Naughty Dog on PlayStation 3 is very nice. This time there wasn't a surprise effect, as when I played it I already knew very well the series, after playing the two previous chapters, especially after playing Uncharted 2 that was the real change.

The plot of Uncharted 3 is fantastic, maybe not to the levels of the second chapter, but definitely higher than the first chapter. However the story of Uncharted 3 has its strong points, compared to the previous two chapters: the discovery of the past Nathan Drake, his meeting with Sully and the friendship that binds them, the unbridled passion that Nathan has for the danger , his relationship with Elena. The whole story feels more "human", than the previous stories. I also really liked the return of journeys of Sir Francis Drake, the references to Thomas E. Lawrence, and the fact that the ring of Drake plays a key role in the story.

As for the gameplay, there's not much to say. After Uncharted 2 is difficult to create something better in terms of gameplay. Despite everything, however, there have been significant improvements to melee combat even more fun and articulated, and in general to the characters, the way they move or react that are structured much better, seem more "alive". Personally I loved so much the crash of the plane, and the arrival in the desert of the Rub 'al-Khali, where in those sequences the gameplay has been pushed to levels virtually perfect. However a heavy criticism goes to longevity: obviously shortened, in favor of the multiplayer segment of the game. And I absolutely can not tolerate it.

The technical sector of the game is extraordinary. The graphic is perfect and has been significantly improved, although as usual, after Uncharted 2 is difficult to perceive the change.

Uncharted 3 is a fantastic game, amazing, and closes in a great way the saga on PlayStation 3. Unfortunately Uncharted 3 is a little victim of the second chapter and of the improvements it gave, among other things, the longevity of the game has been reduced in favor of the futility of the multiplayer, and this is unacceptable.
  6. RHP
    Apr 5, 2015
    Ugh. In prevision of Unchartered 4, I played 2 and 3 back to back. I loved 2, and hated 3. Much like everyone reviewed, the graphics are stellar and it's a pretty game, but that's about all it offered. No puzzles whatsoever, plot is lame, story is identical to UC2, too many cut scenes and WAY too many movies that offer no interest, since the story doesn't either. Fighting is way off, andUgh. In prevision of Unchartered 4, I played 2 and 3 back to back. I loved 2, and hated 3. Much like everyone reviewed, the graphics are stellar and it's a pretty game, but that's about all it offered. No puzzles whatsoever, plot is lame, story is identical to UC2, too many cut scenes and WAY too many movies that offer no interest, since the story doesn't either. Fighting is way off, and if you're not fighting a dozen people armed with RPGs or wanting to get punched in the face, you're climbing and jumping the EXACT same path over and over again. Or you're just walking around aimlessly for no reason other than pretending the game is not as short as it actually is. Essentially, Naughty Dog provided an uninspired, cheap, and lazy game for the purpose of making a buck. This game is such a terrible mockery that I won't be buying UC4 after all. Expand
  7. Apr 3, 2015
    okay common i am getting seriously disappointed with critics common [92] are you kidding me i played this game like a thousand times i cannot believe even users scores should be 10 i know it is a little ruff on some edges but that is what makes a game absolutely fantastic [100]
  8. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  9. Mar 6, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Another beautiful game. Lacks some freedom like its predecessor and have some collision problems.
  10. Feb 27, 2015
    The best chapter in Uncharted trilogy. Naughty Dog learned from their previous mistakes and created their most mature game yet. No more neverending waves of enemies in repetitive shooting sequences as in U1. No more annoying cliche boss fights as in U2. No more crazy monsters, but rather believable setting with a strong dose of mystique and atmosphere. More focus on the story, characters,The best chapter in Uncharted trilogy. Naughty Dog learned from their previous mistakes and created their most mature game yet. No more neverending waves of enemies in repetitive shooting sequences as in U1. No more annoying cliche boss fights as in U2. No more crazy monsters, but rather believable setting with a strong dose of mystique and atmosphere. More focus on the story, characters, Drake's past, exploration levels. Visually it's the best from the three and it has amazing middle-east inspired soundtrack. This is by far the best Uncharted game yet, so I hope this progression is going to continue and I'm starting to look forward to Uncharted 4. 8/10 Expand
  11. Feb 25, 2015
    Outstanding game. The graphics look amazing, and honestly it looks better than some PS4 games out right now. Multiplayer was a blast and I had fun unlocking the extra costumes
  12. Feb 23, 2015
    Simplesmente épico, com certeza um dos melhores games de Playstation 3, principalmente pra quem curte o gênero ação e aventura tanto nos games tanto no cinema, se você gosta de Indiana Jones principalmente você que gostara do game, pois ele é épico, além de que o Drake é um personagem SUPER carismático, dificilmente você não ira se simpatizar com ele. Ou seja, Uncharted 3 é um gameSimplesmente épico, com certeza um dos melhores games de Playstation 3, principalmente pra quem curte o gênero ação e aventura tanto nos games tanto no cinema, se você gosta de Indiana Jones principalmente você que gostara do game, pois ele é épico, além de que o Drake é um personagem SUPER carismático, dificilmente você não ira se simpatizar com ele. Ou seja, Uncharted 3 é um game indispensável pra quem tem um Playstation 3. Minha nota para o game é 10. Expand
  13. Jan 28, 2015
    This game is the most annoying i've ever played. It is full of arenas, with overpowered enemys. Really bad game with nice graphics. Uncharted 1-2 is much better than this...
  14. Jan 18, 2015
    I'll be short as to not waste your time, Uncharted 3 is simply a wild ride of adventure, intrigue and fisticuffs. I went ahead and found the GOTY edition on sale and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I still play the multi-player every now and again including the wave based modes. Uncharted 2 is still my favorite of the series but you can't go wrong with this title just go out andI'll be short as to not waste your time, Uncharted 3 is simply a wild ride of adventure, intrigue and fisticuffs. I went ahead and found the GOTY edition on sale and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I still play the multi-player every now and again including the wave based modes. Uncharted 2 is still my favorite of the series but you can't go wrong with this title just go out and buy it, you won't be sorry. Expand
  15. Dec 28, 2014
    Uncharted 3 is a great game from visuals to story and gameplay, it is amazing. The game mixes platforming 3rd person shooting and puzzles together and they work very well i love just being on top of this giant destroyed ship grabbing on to the side and shooting enemies with my handgun and ascending, i love basically all the missions in this game. I was surprised as well when i figured outUncharted 3 is a great game from visuals to story and gameplay, it is amazing. The game mixes platforming 3rd person shooting and puzzles together and they work very well i love just being on top of this giant destroyed ship grabbing on to the side and shooting enemies with my handgun and ascending, i love basically all the missions in this game. I was surprised as well when i figured out here was online splitscreen so i could play when people went over and it always goes horribly bad because of the coop difficulty but its still ridiciosly hilarious if you own a ps3 think about getting this game Expand
  16. Dec 12, 2014
    This game is one you need to buy.
    This game is one you need to buy.
    I have played the whole Uncharted franchise 1,2 and now 3. And in comparison to Uncharted 2 it has a good campaign, but not as good as Uncharted 2, because we got one group of characters in one place and the other group in the other place. Its good but not as good as U2 in my opinion. With that, U3 is better in the multiplayer section as it offers many new game modes and obviously slightly better in the graphics.
    If this is your FIRST time in the Uncharted franchises this is a MUST BUY!
    Thats all 10/10!
  17. Nov 11, 2014
    (THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS)

(THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Nathan Drake, Treasure Hunter, Hopeless Romantic, Well Intentioned, Completely Gullible, Genocidal Maniac. This is a great game. from Drake's first bar fight to his last skitzoid episode and everything in between. Naughty Dog is a studio that has mastered the art of immersion. The gritty streets of London, the dust of south america and the sands of the middle east still feel like places i have been too rather than levels in a video game I just beat. This music, art, and character development keep me wanting more and more treasure hunting, "go to hell me", uncharted fun.

It is a great story full of cutthroats, and I was constantly waiting to be betrayed by everyone but Sully. The acting in this series is great and it continues in this chapter. The only flaw if there is one is that in stead ofthe game ending in some sort of epic battle it ends as too many Third person action games do with a Quick time Event (see my Tomb Raider review). Seriously I've chased this bad guy twice through sprawling cities and I can't even have the blessing of fighting him one on one, it's gotta be a mash 0 hit triangle to dodge and now punch punch punch. Oh well, the story is amazing, and the QTE's seem to still be a necessary evil in these kind of games.

The game play is not what I would call fresh, but the gameplay here has always been to drive the amazing story. You are still Drake still fighting off countless random thug type 3 in lots of pretty environments. bad guys and puzzles rarely mix in this game and that's for worse rather than better. The mass murdering of nameless thugs has gotten a little stale and just giving one some body armor and shotgun hardly seems like creative new ideas. A couple of chapters in you will have seen %95 of the bad guys you face in the game.

I love the settings. The streets as young drake, the pirate captured cruise ship, the airplane; this is where the game feels fresh and alive again. the game does a pretty good job of mixing in lots of flavor to each chapter. I especially enjoyed the escape of the sinking ship and the hallucinogenic fueled chase scene near the end. With some pleasant twists and turns the suspense and action hold up right to the end. More Elana would have been nice, but she still knocked her performance out of the park.

The game slows if only for a chapter or two in the castle setting, but is brought to life in the final 7 chapters or so. Over at Naughty Dog they really know how to keep it going. I do wish that the villains had been made a little more interesting, but really this is a hero's story and the hero is Drake. in the city of gold fighting flaming spirit demons in the form of thug number 27 with tricked out guns is pretty hella gripping. All of a sudden I wasn't some gallivanting hero, I was a mad man fighting for my life. That immersion is what I hope for in every action game I play, and Uncharted 3 delivers.

Uncharted three keeps itself alive with interesting set pieces and scenery. The gameplay remains tight if not cookie cutter similar to Uncharted 2 with few new additions. The multi-player game modes were fun. My wife and I enjoyed some of the couch co-op options and while I don't play a lot online I found the multi-player matches to be balanced and fun enough for me to spend an afternoon with them but not much more.

Overall this is an amazingly crafted game that doesn't let up. It's not as good as Uncharted 2, but then again what is?

In Conclusion
    + Settings and Characters
    + Functional game play
    + hella gripping hallucinogenic fire demons
    - QTE finale'
  18. Nov 10, 2014
    THE GOOD: I have seriously gotten sick of shooters that are only fun online and not offline. Uncharted 3, however, has both an extremely satisfying campaign and fantastic online. The single player is an extremely immersive story. Its a wild ride from beginning to end. The graphics are truely fantastic, not because they are realistic, but because they're simply visually appealing. Online isTHE GOOD: I have seriously gotten sick of shooters that are only fun online and not offline. Uncharted 3, however, has both an extremely satisfying campaign and fantastic online. The single player is an extremely immersive story. Its a wild ride from beginning to end. The graphics are truely fantastic, not because they are realistic, but because they're simply visually appealing. Online is a fast paced frenzy with very athletic moves that can be done. Shooting mechanics are highly responsive. It seems like a very competitive online community so be prepared for a challenge. The game is polished to the max it seems!

THE BAD: There is a part of me that kinda wishes that the campaign was longer.

Uncharted 3 is perhaps the best non-open-world shooter of the 7th generation of gaming. MUST BUY! MUST OWN!
  19. Nov 5, 2014
    Well... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna beWell... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna be something that it is not. At least not at the inside. From outside it is an impressively looking game with impressive storytelling. But from inside it has rotten game-play which feels mostly awkward, the story itself doesn't worth even mentioning and the places are way too megalomaniac too be really noticeable or interesting. The weapons almost don't matter as the good once don't even last and are usually forced on you. The combat is far from anything interesting as it tells you which button to press and it's repetitive and slow. The enemy AI is abysmal and the "action-sequences" are boring (except one or two short ones). I find myself not caring about the story one bit, as it was if they used a template for every next predictable event. It was all one big cliche. Almost exactly like the game itself is. 5 out of 10 as I barely even enjoyed it. Expand
  20. Nov 3, 2014
    La tercera parte de esta excelente trilogía no defrauda. Igual de bueno que el 2 pero, por algunos motivos, un poco inferior: han hecho la campaña bastante mas fácil, el duelo final es un poco decepcionante y el multijugador es demasiado complicado comparado con el del 2, que era mucho mas sencillo y fácil de jugar.
    Por lo demás, otro imprescindible, por ofrecer una de las campañas mas
    Por lo demás, otro imprescindible, por ofrecer una de las campañas mas impresionantes a nivel técnico que se hayan visto en un juego (algunas escenas, como la del final del capítulo 17, son una pasada). Parece una película por momentos, es realmente impresionante. A nivel gráfico es de lo mejor que hay en PS3. Los personajes siguen tan geniales como siempre y el sistema de juego se ha mejorado, con unas peleas más dinámicas y unos tiroteos más divertidos.
    Ya estoy deseando ver Uncharted 4...
  21. Oct 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. My only disappointment with this game is how terrible the story is. They really dropped the ball on this one. I remember Naughty Dog saying how they were going to focus on the relationship between Nate and Sully, and to a good degree they did succeed. The offender to the story comes from the games villain, or lack thereof. Every good story needs a good villain. And sadly, this games villain gave the hint that she was going to be a huge part of the story, but she doesn't. She fades off big time after a few hours into the game, and I really do mean a few. Even the villains of the first two games make a bigger impact and they had nothing to do with Nate and Sully. Other than that, the game is flawless. Some people will find the multiplayer has changed, and it has but it's not bad, it's just different. Expand
  22. Oct 19, 2014
    This was not perfect, but it was not bad either. It still had a good story, characters, and action sequences, but never lived up to the 2nd game. The gameplay was a bit annoying especially with the melee. It looked very weird. Uncharted 2s combat was short and sweet with the combat and it looked smooth. U3s melee finishers were very cool to discover but it took way too long to take anThis was not perfect, but it was not bad either. It still had a good story, characters, and action sequences, but never lived up to the 2nd game. The gameplay was a bit annoying especially with the melee. It looked very weird. Uncharted 2s combat was short and sweet with the combat and it looked smooth. U3s melee finishers were very cool to discover but it took way too long to take an enemy down. The final boss was a cool idea but it was ruined with the combat, although I appreciated the few change ups Naughty Dog made when you fought Talbot. So again, not the best game, but certainly not the worst. 7/10 Expand
  23. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  24. Oct 12, 2014
    Uncharted 3 falters in that it is so much like Uncharted 2 but far less interesting. The narrative has difficulty hooking the player. Additionally, the game flow isn't as smooth as I would have liked to see. Nonetheless, it's absolutely gorgeous, and has a few epic moments that actually go above and beyond what Uncharted 2 did.
  25. Oct 7, 2014
    MUST GET THIS GAME IF YOU HAVE A PS3!!! The only thing is that the campaign is a little short, but it doesn't matter because the campaign is fun to replay. The multiplayer looks boring, but it gets really fun. This game is the definition of perfect.
  26. Sep 14, 2014
    If you like Uncharted you'll like this. Really good game once again. The story is good, the graphics are excellent, the characters are good. The environments are nicely designed, good atmosphere. This game is also a great multiplayer and co-op can not be forgotten.
  27. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is **** horrible the worst game of the uncharted series. The story is paper thin and becomes rubbish at the end. The characters I got to say **** Charlie Cutter he is a whiney pathetic oaf throughout this horrendous garbage also it is worse than Indiana Jones Temple of doom.
  28. Sep 5, 2014
    One of the best games on PS3. This game is an RPG which brings you hours of entertainment and action.
    I've completed it so many times and each time I play it, it feels different. Good job Naughty Dog
  29. Sep 2, 2014
    Very enjoyable, well written action adventure game in the vein of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Production values are very high. Because of this, the game feels scripted and not as free as other games. I still think that the shooting parts are too many, although it is not as bad as the second Uncharted game. Personally, I prefer exploring and puzzles which Uncharted 3 offers plenty albeitVery enjoyable, well written action adventure game in the vein of Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Production values are very high. Because of this, the game feels scripted and not as free as other games. I still think that the shooting parts are too many, although it is not as bad as the second Uncharted game. Personally, I prefer exploring and puzzles which Uncharted 3 offers plenty albeit not so difficult. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this game to everyone with a PlayStation 3. Expand
  30. Aug 24, 2014
    The best Uncharted game yet in my opinion. The story is as gripping as ever, the action constantly spectacular and the dialogue funny and fresh. I much preferred the ending to this one than 2 (was not a fan of that boss fight) and the multiplayer and co-op modes were a really great addition. Perfect.

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]