8.4

1. May 8, 2015
    While I felt less frustrated than in the previous Uncharteds, this third game also reminded me that I never really had huge fun with the series. The core elements are lifted from classic games, but it's not as fast and responsive as those games, and often the player is led through the game whereas some of the best games let the player be an agent who figures things out.

Every Uncharted

Every Uncharted game has a few impressive levels, or setpieces. In '2', there was the jungle train level and the temple levels. In '3', there's a spectacular plane scene, a ship that is utilized creatively and almost worth playing the game just to see, and a final setting that looks like a next-gen animated painting.

But it's still molded into a linear route where the player never takes the game's decisions and the intensity is kept moderate.

I think the online cooperative mode is more entertaining, since you know the other person relies on your performance and it can get pretty hectic. The competitive multiplayer modes are dominated by very experienced players, but nonetheless they can deliver hours of gameplay, with a dozen maps and a lot of multiplayer trophies to work towards.

(The online game requires a code, so those who buy secondhand would have to buy a code in order to play online, and online feels like the second half of the game.)
  2. Feb 3, 2016
    Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughablyUncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughably lackluster. The main reason Drakes Deception was such a flop is that Naughty Dog made the set pieces and levels, THEN tried to tailor the story around them, which was a terrible idea. Don't buy this game, buy Last Of Us, or Uncharted 2, or MGS4, but don't buy this. Expand
  3. Nov 28, 2011
    Uncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. TheUncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. The environment graphics look very nice, the character models do the job at a distance but look strange and jarring at close range in the cut scenes - the character eyes look weird. Uncharted 3 was ok Expand
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    No, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. INo, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. I feel like U3 walks under the shadow of U2 with occasional moments of brilliance. Sometimes it's pure genius. Other times it looks lazy and uninspired. What's with the clone-thugs? It's impossible to be indifferent to 100 guys in a black suit and red tie (with almost the same faces). The game is beautiful, yes, and plays beautifuly too. But... they stepped so much further between U1 and U2 that's impossible to ignore that U3 doesn't look as inspired. It's like they started running out of ideas, I don't know. This is a great game, but it feels sub-par for the Uncharted franchise. Great, indeed, but not the greatest game, nor the best Uncharted. U2 remains the best thriller so far. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    Although the games are not that bad, i think i never gonna be a Uncharted Fan. The Presentation is top, graphics and design are beyond any doubt and the shootings are not that bad either. But there are too long and there are too many in a row, the controls are vague, the story is boring and the gameplay is repetitive. Either you are shooting or climbing.

Blinder
  6. May 12, 2017
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception made mistakes that happened in the first game. The story does not really flow nicely. The shooting sessions are not well designed. Malee attacks were very commonly needed. Strong 6.
  7. Nov 5, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations areI'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations are also significantly downgraded from Uncharted 2. Drake's model and animation looks (and feels) like he's perpetually drunk as he lumbers around corners and touches every single wall he encounters. As you can imagine, this only makes gunfights even more frustrating.

Where have the puzzles gone? In the course of the entire game, I opened my journal a whopping FIVE times. Five. There have been very few puzzles and most of the ones that are in the game are so pathetically easy a chimp can figure them out. Exploration is gone too. Very few places give you the opportunity to explore. The game just pushes you from one spot to the next. Invisible walls and texture blocking is everywhere. I knew exploration was thrown under the bus when, after only an hour in the game, I hit a spot where I found 5 hidden treasures in rapid sucession in less than a minute. These are things, along with the witty banter, that MADE Uncharted. In Uncharted 3, puzzles and exploration have been replaced with gunplay, gunplay and more gunplay. I'll come out and say it outright: The gunplay mechanics in Uncharted have always been the weakest link in the game. NaughtyDog took most of what made the franchise and just replaced it with boring, tedious, gunfights. Then when you're in the gunfights, they make the game "harder" by swarming you with enemies while giving you very few pick up options. I have turned off the game in frustration several times because of gunfight sequences where I'm sitting here with a pistol and an AR - and there's nothing else to be had other than an SMG to replace my pistol - while having to fight two or more enemies in full armor, or with riot shields. Next thing you know, I get one of them down, am almost out of ammo from trying to get through that one's armor and/or headshot them, and then I'm swarmed by 5-7 more mobs that spawned after the first big mob died. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken trying to find ammo, but there's little room to maneuver in most fight sequences because, unlike prior Uncharted titles, the combat areas are ridiculously small with very few places to climb. It's ridiculous and not fun because - yep, gonna repeat myself - the gunplay in Uncharted has always been its weakest element.

Then there's the fact that the walls apparently have glue on them and trying to scramble away from mobs ends up in death because you end up getting stuck in cover and are being shot from all sides while trying to get unstuck from the wall/box/et cetera. The story is DECENT, not great. Uncharted 2 raised the bar for interactive story telling. This one leaves a LOT to be desired. All the secondary characters are thrown in and discarded, with exception to Sully. I've seen these shadow villains only a few times over the course of the game; I don't feel like they're that big of a threat. The story behind why we're going where we're going feels like a major stretch. I know Uncharted 1 and 2 were about Drake and his "relationships" while 3 is supposed to be about Drake and Sully, but I'm not really feeling the character building there. In fact, we've seen about as much between Drake and Sully that we always see except now we know how they met. The story is undoubtedly better than many, but just not up to par with the prior two games.

Credit where its due: The game is beautiful but it's not anywhere near as fun as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

IMO, this is, by far, the weakest in the series. With all of the aforementioned issues, plus the gutting of small additions, such as gameplay unlocks and the cutscene viewer, it feels like NaughtyDog simply cut corners to get the game out to retail.
  8. Jan 1, 2012
    Naughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of itsNaughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of its third person shooter aspect, but for the third installation the shooting aspect was altered for the worse. I actually had to play Uncharted 2 to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but Uncharted 3 has somehow managed to make it erratic and slower to aim. And, while I'm not a fan of precision jumping platform games, Uncharted 2's use of it was beareable due to the graphics attention to detail and voice commentary along the way. In Uncharted 3, the developers added more animations to Drake's movements that he ends up with a very unnatural herky, jerky movement that causes an unreliable platforming experience. It's just awkward and painful to watch or play. Naughty Dog furthered tweaked this series by including more fighting options by having timed button pushing, which I can't stand. If you want a fighting game, than add combos and blocks, don't have me just push one or two buttons according to what the developers flash in front of me. So the overall effect of the game on me was a great action storyline but since I didn't enjoy playing the game with its current mechanics, I felt I was just trying to get from one cut scene to the next in order to watch a movie and not actually playing a game. Since this game is suppose to be a 3rd person shooter, and it has done this badly, no amount of great graphics and storyline can make this a game worth paying full price to play. Expand
  9. Aug 28, 2015
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming -Cover system and shooting feels good The cons: -Platforming is rigid. You have little control other than to guide Nathan Drake into his animations. -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles
    -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming
    -Cover system and shooting feels good

The cons:
    -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I did.Apparently Drake is the one, the true, American Ninja Warrior.
    -No crouching other when using cover. Stealth could be more of an option. Really stealth is only applicable when the game suggests it.
    -The game sometimes will just throw waves of enemies at you and you will probably die a few times because an enemy spawned behind you or on your flank and you don't notice because there is no mini map.
    -The action is rather shallow. You cover and shoot and not much more
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    Greater game then the average joe, In my opinion this game was better then the 2 one. Puzzles are very hard for me so you will see I rarely play these kind of games but if i'm bored and need something i'm always in for a deep puzzler. Perfect for hardcore gamers.

Maki
  11. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes areUncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes are awesome but game-play is exhausting and repetitive. The game eventually becomes a grind. Kill guys here, climb there, enter room with many spawning enemies, rinse and repeat through out the whole game. I found myself loving the game but at the same time becoming very frustrated during my game-play. Uncharted 2 was stellar, I must have played the game 5 times at least, this game I cannot finish due to being exhausted of the same things over and over again. Expand
  12. Mar 26, 2016
    Uncharted 3 is... a very awesome game!!..... to watch that is. Because the story is alright, characters are quite likable, graphics look absolutely amazing and you just wonder how the PS3 could handle this. The voice acting, the music, this is a work of art.

Unfortunately, the game is not that awesome to play. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is super linear and everything is sooo scripted. EVERYTHING!! It's like Tomb Raider, walk past this point, explosion will happen. Walk across the bridge, bridge collapse.... They actually believe people will go " OMG I totally did not see that happening!! My heart is beating so fast!! Wow!!"

Combat mechanics.... it's pretty mediocre. Not terrible, mind you. But somehow I feel Nathan lack actual weight, or defy laws of gravity. It just doesn't feel natural. Seems like he's floating most of the time. Because of this, in Online mode everybody is just running around jumping around crazily at each other. Seem like a mess. Guns feel like they have no impact, like paintball guns.

Final verdict, as a show piece, 10/10. I suggest watching the cutscenes on Youtube. There are plenty of compiled cutscenes vids by now. As as a video game, it does nothing new. You're doing the same linear things from start to end. I played about 2 hours and had to stop cos it was getting boring. Sold it and watched the rest on Youtube. it's just not that fun like many people are saying here.. 6/10.
  13. Nov 5, 2014
    Well... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna beWell... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna be something that it is not. At least not at the inside. From outside it is an impressively looking game with impressive storytelling. But from inside it has rotten game-play which feels mostly awkward, the story itself doesn't worth even mentioning and the places are way too megalomaniac too be really noticeable or interesting. The weapons almost don't matter as the good once don't even last and are usually forced on you. The combat is far from anything interesting as it tells you which button to press and it's repetitive and slow. The enemy AI is abysmal and the "action-sequences" are boring (except one or two short ones). I find myself not caring about the story one bit, as it was if they used a template for every next predictable event. It was all one big cliche. Almost exactly like the game itself is. 5 out of 10 as I barely even enjoyed it. Expand
  14. Jun 21, 2012
    Drakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system fromDrakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system from uncharted has been removed and was replaced with an inferior one were when you are in cover and take aim it was almost always over the wrong shoulder view. why they just did not add a central gun-scope view i dont know. the new updated fighting system works in places and fails badly in others, (point of fact the final fight can turn into an endless never ending fight .if you do not press the correct buttons so it is not a free fight but a scripted one. i like many others thought this was a glitch but no really its just a bug with a badly thought out ending. the graphics are okay but there are too many indoor areas and not enough jungles or outdoor vistas. even the desert dune fails as you have no idea which direction to go in then when you finally work it out there is nothing in the level you just walk to the next area. the puzzles and level design and jewel collection were all inferior and weaker to the previous games. jewels are much easier to find in uc3. Deceptions saving grace is the once again excellent multi-player and co op modes they are still great and if you loved the multi-player it is still worth picking up. Game of the year version will be available this year with all dlc content included if its at platinum game price its still a bargain. Over-all a dissapointing story for drakes return Expand
  15. Nov 8, 2015
    After the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don'tAfter the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don't register hits because the enemy is in cover even though visible which means you can't hurt them, enemies spawn behind you in dead ends you already cleared so the tough sections are about learning the pattern rather than actually being good at the game. The story is mundane and a let down compared to the first two, there's far too many long boring stretches on running/walking or not doing much. Just a big let down after the first two games. Expand
  16. Jun 3, 2012
    The first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly andThe first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly and painfully. I was confused not half way through the game by some of the occurrences. The ending is also not very good and neither is the boss fight. This game is definitely worth picking up, but it's not the best one in the series. Expand
  17. Mar 2, 2013
    Drakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of aDrakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of a multi-million dollar movie and has drake and co fight against an interesting opponent who seems to be immortal and has some weird mind controlling technique up there sleeve. So why not score it a 9 or 10? Because despite it being better than uncharted 2 the flaws keep it from being a rare gem it was aiming to be! This game is great right up to the middle part of the game by which I mean.......THE COMBAT!! Now the bad: as I said its the combat and while I enjoyed the combat of the previous two uncharted its almost unbearable here! It go s like this: your fighting your standard enemies then here come a heavy(or two) who take NUMEROUS head shots then when he(or gasp....both) gets close your forced into melee mode where it becomes insanely difficult to survive because as you are forced to go hand to hand your getting shot and by the time your out of melee mode you die trying to run for cover! There's also MANY area's that include the "screw you gamer" enemy combinations that is....one or two heavies....two or more snipers and about three grenade launcher enemies that result in multiple deaths....I'm sorry I meant CHEAP deaths because when grenades explode near you....your stunned right out of cover and exposed to a hail storm of bullets! the story(usually a high point) fails to explore Nathan drakes past as the female antagonist mentions how drake wasn't his real name. I was interested about who he really was and why he was so obsessed with drake(Francis drake) and besides that...the small things like his age...where was he born and who were his parents...all left unexplained in the last installment...? Why was the guy seemingly immortal but dies with one shot in the end!? He was shot plenty of times during the game but still managed to live but one bullet kills him in the end? This same guy poisons your friend with a mind control drug that induces fear but magically disappears in an ally? Then both antagonist seem hell bent on attaining a powerful artifact that can grip the word in fear thats hidden in a chest but strangely they use this same drug that has the same effect as the artifact that they are searching for...!? Why not just mass produce the drug they were already using if fear was their ultimate goal? I'm also curious as to what their OVERALL plan/goal was...world domination? The ending was anti-climactic and what was the male antagonist relationship to the female antagonist? He took it pretty hard that she died in quick sand even though drake tried to save her! Was she his sister....lover...accountant..lol? Despite these issues the combat really hurts the game as it throws what seems to be an ENDLESS AMOUNT OF ENEMIES at you. Once you finish a wave of enemies you might want to just sit behind cover because atleast twenty more enemies are on the way which isnt bad but the game forces you into cheap deaths every chance it gets with the dreaded heavy/rocket launcher/sniper combo with regular bad guys thats instantly frustrating. 7/10 Expand
  18. Jul 27, 2014
    This is a nice game but definitely not "the greatest game ever made". Too much lengthy and quite repetitive - all the time again and again similar shooting scenes, so similar that becoming boring after about 60% of progress. It even seems they didn't have that long story for a that long game and put some of the location just to make shooting scenes longer. Blah.
  19. Jun 4, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this as part of the nathan drake collection. While it satisfied my appetite for more of nathan drakes adventures, it certainly had its fair share of misgivings.

You can expect to get a taste of all what is good about an uncharted game in this episode, the charming antics of mr. Drake, fun enough gun play, treasure hunting, satisfying climbs, interesting enough story. It did add some new weapons and features to the uncharted series such as ability to throw back gernades.

However, from the 3 games in the collection this one was my least favorite. Story got really slow in a few places, and the ending was underwhelming and rather abrupt. Some of the chapters were uninspiring; caravan chapter was a copy paste from a chapter in uncharted 2, so was the chapter were u have to board a plane while its about to take off. its the same as UC2 chapter were you have to catch a train leaving the station. and the ship graveyard chapter was horrible.

Finally, after getting used to the amazing set pieces in uncharted 2, it was a let down to see this next installment fall short of expectations. Puzzles for the most part were much easier and paled in comparison to some of the wonderful puzzle designs in UC2. The action set pieces were brief and not as 'exhilirating' as the previous installement. Small note, music was not as good either.

I know it may be unfair to compare it to UC2, but as this is a sequel it should be even better.
  20. Nov 21, 2011
    This game a disappointment to me, even though on first sight, it pretty much is nothing than a copy of Uncharted 2, which I loved and still play now and then, with new textures and I'm not one to complain when a sequel is too similar to the prequel as long as it's still well done, so why do I not like this game so much? The graphics are, again, extremely beautiful and you are presentedThis game a disappointment to me, even though on first sight, it pretty much is nothing than a copy of Uncharted 2, which I loved and still play now and then, with new textures and I'm not one to complain when a sequel is too similar to the prequel as long as it's still well done, so why do I not like this game so much? The graphics are, again, extremely beautiful and you are presented with a lot of "hold your breath" action scenes, but something's missing. I never dropped my jaw like I did so often in Uncharted 2. The story this time was weak. The developers mentioned somewhere they first thought of locations they wanted to implement and then they wrote the plot around these and it shows. The game is basically being saved by the likeable characters and their banter. Conflicts are being introduced only to be resolved and/or dropped a few moments later. The question of who to trust is being raised several times and could've been used very well to raise some tension, but then the issue is solved soon in a cutscene (sometimes even the very same one it arose in) and off they go to new adventures. The same could be said about the "supernatural" touch towards the end, albeit as always scientifically explainable? This time, it happens at the very ending and is nothing but a very, very short "intermission" that is over after a few shootouts and cutscenes when the idea itself would've been interesting enough to make it a much, much bigger and complex part of the story. Actually, the whole "endgame" lacks. When you find the place the search for which has been the whole point of the game, that section is over before you know it, no sense of mystery or exploring the place at all. The amount of luck and unlikely survival this time borders on silliness, it's really way too exaggerated and in some cases, laughable. It has been part of the series, sure, but it's overdone here, especially the inconsistency of how deep a man can fall and still go unharmed. The ridiculously linear and narrow nature of the levels is another issue. The Uncharted games were never sandboxy, but this time, they overdid it as for like 95% of the game, you'll feel like you're just following a tight corridor, even when the environment is supposedly vast. Platforming is more straightforward than ever and requires no thinking or observing of the surroundings, just a matchbox length short of being a Quick Time Event game. I absolutely hated the shooting sections this time. They're either ridiculously easy or unfairly hard, or rather, annoying. Whenever enemies showed up, I was rolling my eyes and I really disliked all the parts where they basically dropped you in a narrow arena with little to no way of moving around or taking cover, then send enemy wave after enemy wave at you, including heavy armored dudes that take a lot of damage and guys with "(almost and really)one-shot-kill-guns". And what's up with all the snipers, I swear it feels like they are in every battle this time, so you'll frantically try to run from cover to cover while fending of criminals and agents, but it's not always clear where you'll actually be save and a lot of these battles become pure trial&error to find the perfect route that leads you to the grenade launcher. Stealth sections are annoying this time as well, basically because the whole stealth system isn't all that deep but is used too deeply, different from U2, where it was just a nice change of pace now and then. Clairvoyant soldiers who all will know exactly where you are and come storming towards you as soon as ONE guy notices you somewhere on the map are annoying enough in the shooting sections, but become a pain when you, just for the sake of variety, want to get through a section silently and one mistake, be it yours or the game's, forces you to either restart all over or give up on sneaking and shoot your way out for the rest of it. One thing that is new and I really liked was the little QTE that would allow you to throw back grenades, but unfortunately, Nathan Drake will throw them against the wall he is taking cover behind more often than is forgivable. Other control issues arise with several actions being on the same button and the game failing to realize what you meant. A game like this also has puzzles, but as it proceeds, they become less and less until they're gone completely. I also understand this is an action game, but do the puzzles that it does have really have to be easy to the point where you simply open the journal to be given the solutions? I doubt gamers are that dumb. There's exactly ONE puzzle that requires a little bit of observing I also hate how the characters will keep telling you where to go and what to do (as if there were any other options) all the time. Overall, it's still a very entertaining experience and the chase sequences ar awesome, but as a game, it feels poorly done and the story never uses its potential. 7/10 Expand
  21. Jan 17, 2014
    Suffers in comparison to Uncharted 2, but it's still an incredibly polished game from a developer who never disappoints. The boat sequence especially is one of the most exciting setpieces ever made playable.
  22. Mar 15, 2017
    Third and final part of PlayStation 3 tech demo. Similiar to second part, but bit worse overall. I enjoyed much more to admire technical aspect of graphics like volumetric loghts and shadows than game itself.
  23. Jan 4, 2014
    A solid game but unworthy of the relentless praise which it receives. The aiming/shooting is unresponsive and the patch addressing the aiming issue does little to help in actuality.

Truth be told pretty much everything feels flimsy when it comes to maneuvering Drake. Yes, he can climb any mountain and it's quite entertaining for the first five minutes, but the movement feels really 'cheap' as he practically teleports to each adjacent ledge. The free running doesn't hold a candle to Assassin's Creed.

Uncharted 3 showcases some fantastic set-pieces... Everything besides these carefully orchestrated moments feel like filler. "It's not where you're going, it's how you get there" is a phrase we've all heard many times in it's various incarnations. The problem is how you get from set-piece A to set-piece B is rarely interesting or at all memorable and the hackneyed story certainly does not do the game any favours.

The AI sometimes works brilliantly, and they will flank and pursue you relentlessly. Sadly the enemies will often forget their priorities and get stuck in walls etc etc.

It's a set of great looking locations and carefully painted pictures attached to a rudimentary third person shooter: The gaming equivalent of entertaining but forgettable trash TV.
  24. Jan 12, 2012
    Good - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much moreGood - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much more depth to the gameplay. The co-op story is great addition too, this time receiving a loose story to connect each level. Bad - Apart from the graphics, this is a step back from Uncharted 2. The gunplay, however fun, is now quite inaccurate and irritatingly slow in comparison to Uncharted 2. This makes the game feel extremely clunky at times. The story is really quite weak with little character development (apart from Nate and Sully, I was quite impressed by their backstory). The result of this is a very anticlimactic ending, where it's difficult to care about antagonists that you know nothing about. The game is also really quite short and the linearity of the series is getting to be absurd. For example, without adding too much of a spoiler, there is a whole chapter of the game where you simply have to hold forward to progress as the rest of the game plays itself for you. I found this chapter torturous and it actually added nothing to the story. This perfectly highlighted the pacing issues this game has. You might spend a whole 3 chapters doing nothing but shooting with the occasional set piece, and then have a chapter where you simply walk around aimlessly. It make for some seriously disjointed gameplay. Uncharted 2 had much better pacing, never making anything feel like a slog. The main issue with this game is removal of the player from the gaming experience. I am aware that Uncharted games are supposed to be deeply cinematic but Uncharted 3 has taken it too far and often crosses the line between movie and video game. Uncharted 2 got this just right, but Uncharted 3 has no happy balance, which makes for some deeply unsatisfying gameplay. Also, because the game has so much cinematics injected into it, there is actually very little to do at times, which makes the game quite boring at times and also very easy (even on crushing difficulty). Overall - I feel bad that I have focused much of my attention on what Uncharted 3 is doing wrong. But I only do so because with all the 10/10 reviews it is receiving I am worried that this series is going to become progressively more and more 'cinematic' and the gameplay less and less interesting. At first I was bedazzled by the beautiful graphics of Uncharted 3, but after that had worn off I was left with realisation that this is quite a hollow game. I did enjoy Uncharted 3, but it feels like such a step back from the brilliance that is Uncharted 2. Expand
  25. May 3, 2017
    Boring repetitive game with more plotholes than Croc "shoes." I wanted to pull my hair out through 1, but everyone told me that it gets better. 2 was slightly better, but I mostly disliked that. 3 is where I draw the line. I hate this game.
  26. Dec 22, 2016
    go play uncharted 2 instead, this one is a sleeper compared to it. after 3-4 hours of gameplay nothing really happens and shoot bad guys because they're bad...
  27. Nov 5, 2011
    Let me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while theLet me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while the cover system and shooting mechanics still haven't been fixed. Graphics still look like the first game and not to mention the length of this game is way to short for a modern day video game that costs over $60 to purchase. What Naughty Dog did well is tell a compelling story. Also note there characters are one of the better elements of the franchise. Following there characters throughout the franchise and seeing where each relationship goes is interesting. Here's my bottom line scores: Graphics 4/5, sound 4/5, game play 3/5, fun factor 3/5, replay value 3/5. Expand
  28. Nov 2, 2011
    Good graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies inGood graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies in order for Naughty Dog to pad out the levels and make it seem like you're getting more gameplay than you really are.

The weapons and combat system have been altered in a way that I think is detrimental to the enjoyment of the fights and it really just irks me that there's still lots of unfixed problems with combat, such as finicky grenades landing in unreachable places, or enemies being able to hit you through walls despite the fact you are concealed in cover.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, but it definitely has a lot of aesthetic polish. But then again, so does a brass toilet.
  29. Sep 12, 2016
    increíble el bajón que pega la saga con este juego, incluso el propio juego va de más a menos

bugs, granadas gratis, enemigos suicidas, historia con mil clichés, zonas en las que hay que morir si o si para que al hacer respawn sean abordables, cuerpo a cuerpo copiado nefastamente de los Batman lo peor de todo es que los errores de IA y apuntado/jugabilidad continuaron en los

lo peor de todo es que los errores de IA y apuntado/jugabilidad continuaron en los siguientes juegos de ND
  30. Nov 19, 2011
    Overrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it aOverrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it a day. Multiplayer is merely adequate with poorer co-op. Oh yeah, play chapter 18 again when you finish. Then tell me again this game is worth 9 or 10, you won't be able to with a straight face. I'm sure the Sony marketing team will thumb me down. You are doing yourself a great injustice by believing that all of these 10s are actually legitimate. For the record - Uncharted 2 is my GOTY for 2009, now that is an amazing game. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]