• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.2

1. Sep 1, 2010
    man i love this game, fantastic story, awesome platforming reminds me of prince of Persia climbing walls game and that's cool, the game play is great, i didn't like the AI though, it seems like its dumb as hell you know exactly when to shoot before the enemy does lol
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    I have played all the Uncharted games, so take it from an expert: you must get every game in this series. The storyline is amazing, the graphics spectacular, the setpieces breathtaking, and the gameplay is awesome. This truly raises the bar for adventure games, and is a worthy addition to the library of PS exclusives.
  3. Mar 28, 2012
    I'm very late to the Uncharted party but this was still one of the best games I've played in the past few years. After recently playing grinding RPGs like Skyrim and Dead Island, I was looking for something a little less exhausting, but while maintaining a very high fun factor. I got just that with Uncharted. I was hooked from the get-go. The thing I loved most about this game was howI'm very late to the Uncharted party but this was still one of the best games I've played in the past few years. After recently playing grinding RPGs like Skyrim and Dead Island, I was looking for something a little less exhausting, but while maintaining a very high fun factor. I got just that with Uncharted. I was hooked from the get-go. The thing I loved most about this game was how well it flowed. It really did have a very cinematic feel. Something was always happening. The gameplay transitioned into the cut scens seamlessly. And it never took more than a couple of minutes to figure out where to go or how to solve a puzzle. Nothing takes me out of a game more than walking around in circles for half an hour not knowing what to do (I don't like to use guides). Uncharted has none of that. As for the story itself, it's somewhat tired but still more than sufficient. The gameplay and experience is really what it's all about with Uncharted. I have two fairly minor complaints about the game. And that's what kept me from giving it the full 10/10. The first is the endless waves of pirates and bad guys. It's just too much, and it's somewhat unrealistic within the confines of the story. At first you don't notice. But a few hours into the game it's impossible to ignore. You kill 10 bad guys. only to have 8 more drop in like clockwork. You kills those 8 only to have 5 more pop up. This was the only aspect of the game that I found tedious and that at times killed the amazing flow. I would've preferred if 85% of the danger in the game didn't come from "bad dudes with guns". More traps, tougher jumps, etc. for less bad guys would've been an excellent tradeoff. The next complaint is in regards to the puzzles. Even though I've been praising the flow of the game for the most part, this is one area that I felt could've been tougher. There is a middle ground between "so difficult you want to bang your head into the wall" puzzles and "so easy an 8 year old could solve it" puzzles. Your diary basically holds your hand and walks you through the puzzles to the point where I don't even see why they didn't just throw in a cut scene for those parts. All I'm saying is they could've made the puzzles a bit more challenging without making much concession to the flow of the game. But in the grand scheme of things, these are very minor complaints. I'm just pointing out what kept this from being a "perfect" game. At the end of the day, I'd have no problem recommending this game to anyone who is a gamer, regardless of what genre they most enjoy. I can't wait to play the sequels and really hope at least one of my issues were addressed. Expand
  4. Jul 9, 2012
    Awesome installment to the PS3 by developer Naughty Dog. It's a very unique and original story, almost like National Treasure without Nicholas Cage.. The only thing that keeps this away from a perfect 10 is the control scheme. It feels odd to me, and cannot be changed through the options menu. Definitely a game worth buying.
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune started the great uncharted saga. Naughty Dog has created amazing looking adventure game! Uncharted is filled with great characters, music, gameplay, great graphics and atmosphere. But Uncharteds weakest link is also in its gameplay it repeat itself and becomes little boring in the end. There also comes many enemy waves again and again. But overall it is a great game.
  6. JamesT
    Feb 8, 2009
    Amazing game. I've played it over 20 times, yet i come back for more! Trophies obviously made the game more fun too!
  7. joshj.
    Sep 4, 2009
    Only one complaint, it's over too quickly. Also, This game provides an excellent way to sniff out fanboys. How? Anyone who rates it low and says it has horrible graphics is a fanboy. Why? The games graphics may just be the greatest i have ever seen on a console yet. Dead serious. So my advice? Buy Uncharted, Love it like you know you should, then wait for the obviously GOTY 09 Uncharted 2.
  8. MarkB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Engaging story and great gameplay make this a must buy title
  9. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Some of the best cover/shooting mechanics around, with high graphical fidelity and overall polish. Cut-scenes are actually genuinely funny, a feat alone worth noting. This is a world you will want to explore and get lost in.
  10. KaranM.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Very fun, polished and excellent graphics, Introduces nothing new or ground breaking, but it does what is does almost to perfection
  11. LeeW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is the best game I have played in many, many years. Possibly the best game I've ever played, I'll have to see how long that opinion sticks though. Great action, amazing graphics, good variety of gameplay. Anyone ranking this below an 8.5 did not play the same game I did.
  12. CoryG.
    Dec 3, 2008
    This game is one truly awesome and amazing game. it incorporates beautiful graphics, a good fighting system, action puzzles/climbing on walls, and treasure scattered through the game. what more can you want in a game?
  13. RaulC.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Just the closest to play a blockbuster movie, period. You don't want a lesson for life, or a huge drama, or the trickiest plot, just pure, unadulterated fun. The graphics are more than incredible, and easily over anything out there. Can't wait to see what's next from Naughty DOg, and from the PS3.
  14. Jan 20, 2012
    Uncharted Drake's Fortune is a satisfying new third person shooter IP for the PS3. Boasting the most stunning and articulate architectural environments and visual effects, Uncharted blows all competition out of the water. Character development is extremely central to the narrative progression, Nate turns from a bit of a male stereotype at the begining of the game, to a more human andUncharted Drake's Fortune is a satisfying new third person shooter IP for the PS3. Boasting the most stunning and articulate architectural environments and visual effects, Uncharted blows all competition out of the water. Character development is extremely central to the narrative progression, Nate turns from a bit of a male stereotype at the begining of the game, to a more human and emotionally charged individual in the end. Uncharted Drake's Fortune evokes the power of narrative with great third person shooting for a good slice of PS3 exclusivity. On the other end of the fence though, I really didn't like the pirates, as they show up insessantly and are murder to kill. Also the game is a bit too brief, though there are a nice assortment of collectibles. But this is still the killer app the PS3 always needed and stands as such to be recognised as a marvellous achievement. Expand
  15. Sep 9, 2012
    Like a lot of people i came to this after playing it's illustrious sequels and though Uncharted 2 & 3 had bigger set pieces and slightly more refined controlls this is still everything we've come to love about Drakes adventures; A trademark mix of thrilling action, stunning scenery, peerless script and cutscenes. Uncharted 2 & 3 deserve all the acclaim they've had but people sometimesLike a lot of people i came to this after playing it's illustrious sequels and though Uncharted 2 & 3 had bigger set pieces and slightly more refined controlls this is still everything we've come to love about Drakes adventures; A trademark mix of thrilling action, stunning scenery, peerless script and cutscenes. Uncharted 2 & 3 deserve all the acclaim they've had but people sometimes forget that for a long time this was PS3's greatest game and to this day remains highly playable. At the budget price you can now buy it at you'd be a fool to miss out, especially if you're a fan of the series. Expand
  16. Jun 20, 2011
    Moving away from the Tomb Raider games, Naughty Dog have created their own little clone called Uncharted. Tomb Raider is one of the most popular action adventure/games for the Playstation, and now Naughty Dog, most famous for making the Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, have risen to the challenge and created this unbelievable, action packed adventure. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is anMoving away from the Tomb Raider games, Naughty Dog have created their own little clone called Uncharted. Tomb Raider is one of the most popular action adventure/games for the Playstation, and now Naughty Dog, most famous for making the Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, have risen to the challenge and created this unbelievable, action packed adventure. Uncharted Drake's Fortune is an action/adventure game that tells the story of a young treasure hunter called Nathan Drake, in search for the lost hidden treasure of El Dorado. We start off with Drake who discovers a hidden clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake, and tailing along is a young female journalist called Elena Fisher, who is after the story of Sir Francis Drake, as well as any other interesting discoveries she may encounter. Soon Drake and Elena are discovered by pirate mercenaries and attack their boat, but in the nick of time Drake's friend Victor Sullivan (also an experienced treasure hunter), comes to the rescue. The main villain is Gabriel Roman, a competitive treasure hunter and is also after the treasure. He has hired some pirate mercenaries led by Atoq Navarro, Gabriel's lieutenant and an archaeologist. The main goal of the game is to search for any hidden clues, whilst fighting your way through the bad guys. The combat, though it may seem simple, can be difficult in some stages. Don't even bother trying to escape them, because you can't, you must kill every enemy in the area, before you can move on. There are a selection of weapons to choose from such as a 45 pistol, Wes, AK47, Shotgun, grenades, M79, and my personal favourite the Desert Sniper. There are different tactics you can use: Stand behind a wall, wait, aim and shoot, or you can use blind crossfire, which means you are shooting without standing open, this is best use when enemies are at close range. If worst case scenario you run out of ammo, then you can punch and kick your way through, as well as breaking necks, this is more challenging however, but will leave you in much better health. You can pick up ammo from other people's guns, once you've killed them. Other tasks involve searching for hidden treasures lying about in discrete places, as well as killing a certain number of enemies with a specific gun. Complete these tasks to earn rewards. It is also entertaining on a visual level, I especially love seeing the variation around the player, and there are some fantastic views. There's one scene where your standing at the very top of a forge castle and you can see the beautiful horizon of the sunset oceans. The graphics in this game are incredible, I mean I've experienced many games with great graphics, but this is in a different league to what we've seen before. The jungle is real, the water is real (The reflection and movement of the waves is incredible), and, most of all the character designs are spectacular. Everything from hair, face and clothes is real, and that's not the best. For the first time they've used people in motion capture suits to play the part of their characters, where as in most games they would just speak through a microphone, and the producers would just enhance and sharpen there voices through software programmes like Audacity. The characters are very likeable; Drake and Elena develop a sort of love/hate chemistry. Though they don't get on at first, they share a real bond together and eventually express there feelings to one another. Overall this is a fantastic Action/Adventure package. The only criticisms I would say is it repeats itself over and over again. You'll find yourself doing the same thing - running around, shooting your way through enemies and climbing walls over and over again. There isn't a lot of puzzle solving as I thought there'd be. But these problems are only minor and don't spoil this in any shape or form. If you love Tomb Raider, then you'll definatly enjoy Uncharted Drake's Fortune. Expand
  17. Oct 2, 2010
    I loved the characters in this game and the combat was difficult which is refreshing in today's games. You will be hard pressed to find many action/adventure games in the system that are as good as this game
  18. Jun 4, 2013
    The best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). WhenThe best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). When you're not shooting guys in 3rd person Gears of War style you're platforming and climbing on stuff Prince of Persia style. When I say Prince of Persia style, I mean Prince of Persia style. It's exactly like the POP series minus wall running. This is great fun, but feels a little cheap that they just copied it from POP. Still this is an action packed experience that's worth your time. The only other real complaint I have is the games short length. It was over before I knew it. Considering this is a single player only experience the short length does hurt it. I'm glad it didn't overstay it's welcome with filler content, but I still wanted to spend more time with it. Luckily it does have high replay value. If you haven't played this game yet you really need too. It truly is one of the PS3's best titles. Expand
  19. Mar 11, 2012
    An 8/10 may seem low, especially for an uncharted game but I'm basing this game on the standards of today. I came to this game having played the 2nd and 3rd ones and I have to say its my favourite series on ps3. Which is why I bought it where it all started in 2007 and to be honest the game doesn't feel 5 years old. While the graphics aren't spectacular , like the other two, it still looksAn 8/10 may seem low, especially for an uncharted game but I'm basing this game on the standards of today. I came to this game having played the 2nd and 3rd ones and I have to say its my favourite series on ps3. Which is why I bought it where it all started in 2007 and to be honest the game doesn't feel 5 years old. While the graphics aren't spectacular , like the other two, it still looks great. There aren't really any crazy setpieces either but I still loved this game for the same reasons I loved the other two. The characters, the story, the pacing and gameplay. While this game didn't blow me away, I still loved it and is worth buying if you're thinking of buying it. It's a great 8/10. Expand
  20. May 17, 2011
    Great game, takes some unexpected yet fun twists. Totally worth your time. Very entertaining, and a must play if you want to get Uncharted 2 (or 3). Well acted, well written.
  21. Feb 24, 2013
    Wow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked itWow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked it back up and I am so impressed.

Characters 10/10: Charming and entertaining characters that are very like able and unique.
    Story 9/10: nothing groundbreaking, but interesting enough and it is kept from being boring thinks to the characters.
    Gameplay 10/10: No where near as repetitive as first person shooters. Plus it has a platformer feel to it that keeps the gameplay fresh.
    Graphics 10/10: Some of the best graphics I have seen and this was in 2007!
    Replay Value 9/10: While I haven't beaten it yet, the game has multiple difficulty levels, and it has multiple treasures to find. Plus the game is so awesome anyway. Althought it wouldn't have that new and unique feeling playing it again, it would still be darn fun!

Recommendation: Must Have. Any PS3 owner without this game needs to have it.
  22. Aug 30, 2011
    Gameplay = Plays alot like Prince of Persia, as far as climbing and swinging from ledge to ledge, also in its puzzle solving elements.

Graphics = Im kind of 50/50 on because, some of the layouts look great, and the environments in some levels are breath taking. Sometimes youll watch a cut scene and look at the characters like meh. Controls = Were actually pretty easy to pick up and go,

Controls = Were actually pretty easy to pick up and go, but I never did find myself wanting to get in a fistfight, because the reaction was a little off for my taste. The shooting wasnt bad and making your way around a level was pretty easy.

Time = I myself got through it in around 7-8 hours, But if you were to try and collect all the treasures, and do everything there is to do it would probably run you somewhere around the 12-15 hour mark.

Fun factor = Pretty high, it played like a movie and i did want to see the ending when it came, Id say its worth purchasing and playing through on harder levels, so it totally has replay value.
  23. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is the start of the best franchise in the history of the PS3. It is also the weakest of the games. That being said it is amazing. The game came out in 2007 and looks as good as something put out today. The first few chapters actually are slow and uninviting. After that it's nonstop action with the best voice-acting and cinematography ever displayed in a game series. It is just aThis game is the start of the best franchise in the history of the PS3. It is also the weakest of the games. That being said it is amazing. The game came out in 2007 and looks as good as something put out today. The first few chapters actually are slow and uninviting. After that it's nonstop action with the best voice-acting and cinematography ever displayed in a game series. It is just a campaign but there is so much fun you'll enjoy the whole ride. Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2012
    When I first heard about Uncharted, my first impression was not good. Maybe because the whole Indiana Jones + Tomb Raider thing wasn't appealing to me, maybe because I was a little mad at Naughty Dog for abandoning another series that was at its apex. After playing the game, however, I have to admit: Uncharted is a great game. The concept is simple: you control Nathan Drake, an explorerWhen I first heard about Uncharted, my first impression was not good. Maybe because the whole Indiana Jones + Tomb Raider thing wasn't appealing to me, maybe because I was a little mad at Naughty Dog for abandoning another series that was at its apex. After playing the game, however, I have to admit: Uncharted is a great game. The concept is simple: you control Nathan Drake, an explorer after El Dorado, the lost city of gold. But that is just the starting point as the story really takes off from there, fueled by a set of interesting, believable characters. The game encourages exploration to find treasures scattered through all chapters of the game, however that exploration is limited by the linearity of the game; which, in its turn, is imperative to keep the game's ''movie feel'' through the whole experience. The climbing system is great and gunfights are very intuitive and fun, even if a bit frustrating at times on account of a sometimes clumsy cover system. Great dialogues, amazing plot twists and breathtaking scenes await you in this instant classic. Expand
  25. Jan 1, 2012
    A review in 2012 and I still give it an excellent score. Great begining of an awesome game series, of course has its flaws but for the year it came out it was probably the best around. I have yet to play the other games in the series (Uncharted 2 and 3) but after this one, it will be easy finding them amusing. Good graphics, gameplay but awesome voices.
  26. Oct 11, 2012
    Wow. This game came out in 2007? When I realized that and that I had passed up on playing one of the prettiest games I have seen to date I could not have been more dumbfounded. I'll keep this one short as there is nothing to discuss that people haven't already. The adventuring aspect of the game was brilliant, and the set pieces mixed with the skybox was beautiful. I have not been thatWow. This game came out in 2007? When I realized that and that I had passed up on playing one of the prettiest games I have seen to date I could not have been more dumbfounded. I'll keep this one short as there is nothing to discuss that people haven't already. The adventuring aspect of the game was brilliant, and the set pieces mixed with the skybox was beautiful. I have not been that eager to get home and play a game in a very very long time. The only points I felt were annoying or weak were the combat situations which felt intrusive and the whole monster thing. The game had an almost realistic feel to it up till that point, but hey, what's the point of writing a story if you can't throw a little magic in it. I am truly enamored by this game and am excited to have dove into a series with a charismatic character like Nathan Drake. Expand
  27. Oct 30, 2012
    Back then, i would have rated this game 9, right now, having played the 2 others uncharted, i would rate it 8. I keep my original 9 score since it was the feeling i had while i was playing this for the first time. Graphics were amazing, combat are great and the story is ok. What i hate though is that you cannot sneak on enemy. Most of the time you don't see anyone, you advance a little andBack then, i would have rated this game 9, right now, having played the 2 others uncharted, i would rate it 8. I keep my original 9 score since it was the feeling i had while i was playing this for the first time. Graphics were amazing, combat are great and the story is ok. What i hate though is that you cannot sneak on enemy. Most of the time you don't see anyone, you advance a little and BANG, 4 enemies going out of cover and shotting at you. There is no way to try to shoot enemies from a distance. Other than that, great game ! Expand
  28. Feb 16, 2013
    The only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing aThe only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a 2012 game. Would definitely recommend. Expand
  29. Dec 5, 2012
    Fantastic game. Great storyline, action, etc. Perhaps my rating is skewed because I played Uncharted 2 before I played this one. While Uncharted 2 is superior to this game, great things come from small beginnings, haha. Go play this game today!
  30. May 15, 2013
    I got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of theI got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of the game the enemies are very cheap and too strong as in several grenades to takedown strong. You are also ambushed often making this problem more apparent but apart from that its great. The graphics are brilliant to. A great game!! Expand
  31. Oct 13, 2013
    The UNCHARTED series is a PS3 exclusive series that are often know as some of the greatest games ever made especially 2 and 3

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune Platform:PS3 Company:Naughty Dog Publisher:Sony Relleased:November 19,2007 Game time:8 hours Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune

Platform:PS3

Company:Naughty Dog

Publisher:Sony

Relleased:November 19,2007

Game time:8 hours

Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The story follows Nathan Drake who is a treasure hunter that works with his best friend an old man named Sully that loves money.Nathan is also a relative to sir Francis Drake.One day when he was on a boat with a reporter named Elena to find the coffin of Francis Drake find it inside empty with Drakes diary in it.After surviving an attack by pirates Nate finds out that his ancestor Francis found the Eldorado Treasure and decide to find it,they of curse get followed by a bunch of men Sully owns money to,that are also trying to find the treasure and its a race to see who will find it first.The story is excellent the reason why the story is so good is because of the great dialog and characters 9/10

Characters:The characters are also great.Nathan is your typical treasure hunting hero with a great personality and is funny.Elena who is Nate's love interest is a strong character that isn't a damsel in distress.Sully who is the old guy and the funniest of the group that likes money.Overall great and believable characters the only character I didn't like was the main Villain 9/10

Graphics:Now this game came in at 2007 but it still holds up to today.They are great the environments,jungles,cave,water and atmosphere are probably the best of 2007.The character models look good but dated and the hair is also not bad.The animations on Nate are great and his cloths get wet when you get in the water.A few pop ups especially when it loads a new stage after a cutscene 7.7/10

What is it?:It is a 3D person action adventure linear game with Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of War elements like climbing,exploring,shooting and hand to hand combat

Gameplay:The game is set up in to 3 groups shooting,climbing and puzzle solving.Shoting:This is the main part of the game and i mean you will be doing this 75% threw the game the shooting is simple go in to cover point out and shot you can carry two weapons a hand gun,grenades and a long gun there are a lot of weapons like:Shotguns,AKA-47,Gernade launcher,M4,9PMM,Uzi etc. There are a few other features like shooting when hagging of a ledge,a doge roll,shooting with out aiming,close combat.Now i like the shooting stages i just think they can be a bit repetitive and there are to many of them.And it is hard,on Normal it was F*cking difficult which is good and its the fair difficulty not the cheap.A few problems like weapons like the AKA-47 why does i take 15 shots to kill one enemy with no body armor.Combat is basically a 5 square mash and a brutal combo which is square,triangle,square.Climbing:This is my favorite thing about the game Nate is and expert climber.There are certain stages where you will need to climb to your objectives and they are really fun mostly because you feel inpowerd like you are Nathan Drake sure the game can be a little wage of what is claimable and what isn't but its still fun.Puzzel Solving:There aren't to many there are about 6 or 7 their the whole game.You are in a room and there are symbols or parters on the wall which with your book the diary of Francis can solve these puzzle's they do take a bit of thinking and are short and sweet 7.7/10

A.I.:It is good the enemies are smart they take cover,have nice animations to them.They do some Rambo shooting,they sneak up to you to try to kill you 8.5/10

Controls:The controls are great responsive and fun the only problem are the Sixaxes controls the are not that great for aiming grenades 9.3/10

Voice Acting:One word amazing.All the performances are fantastic Nolan North who is the voice actor for Nate does a fantastic and flawless job.The only voice actors that were average were the goons and the villain 9.6/10

Music:The soundtrack needs to be adventures which Naughty Dog nailed.The music that plays threw a stage shooting,climbing or whatever is great and fits the scene.The theme how ever is one of the greatest themes of all time in my top 3 it is that good 9.5/10

Replay value:Once you beat the game you have the option to replay it on Hard or Crusing,find all of the 60 hidden treasures and complete challenges which you get money which you can do on the main menu to change the characters appearance and gun ammo and crap.But the average gamer really doesn't want to do that there is no multilayer 6.7/10

Verdict:UNCHARTED is a great game it is an experience like you are watching a great Hollywood block buster movie with fun and challenging gameplay great characters and action.

Recemondation:Rent it or Buy it

Final score:7.8/10
  32. JeanD.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Ps3. You will not be disappointed. The controls and aiming and covering are fantastic. Naughty Dog has really out done themselves this time. Expand
  33. Nov 24, 2011
    Not really a masterpiece to play, but it's worth getting if you have a Playstation 3, The gameplay is very stunning, and it is greatly fantastic to try out, although the combat is really repetitive on the other hand, they fixed this in the games sequels thank god, although. Story as it is, is pretty much a fortune hunter, named Nathan Drake, is trying to find the secret's of Sir FrancisNot really a masterpiece to play, but it's worth getting if you have a Playstation 3, The gameplay is very stunning, and it is greatly fantastic to try out, although the combat is really repetitive on the other hand, they fixed this in the games sequels thank god, although. Story as it is, is pretty much a fortune hunter, named Nathan Drake, is trying to find the secret's of Sir Francis Drake, by going around various places and progressing through the game you will really see a lot of surprises on your way. The graphics can be at best really gorgeous, and it feels like the game is coming right at you. Sound at hand. For the voices it's really astonishing and I have no problems, with the people who voiced in this released title in 2007, thank god for the most part. Music on the other hand is really great, the main menu's music is very astonishing and it feels really deep when you play the game. Most of everything in this game is good, except that the combat is very repetitive in this game, and also this game can usually depending on your standards 6-8 hours. Recommended you get this game, if you are a PlayStation 3 Owner! Expand
  34. Jun 2, 2012
    This game is an amazing. Naughty dog hit the nail on the head with this amazing game. Uncharted will should go down in history as the game that spawned many other great sequels and etc. Great story, Good graphics for the time, Nathan drake has taken Lara's seat for the time being until she can get back on her feet.
  35. EdP.
    Dec 27, 2007
    The best single player game I've played on the PS3 so far. Great story, great action. So good it's worth playing at least twice. The only knock on it in my opinion is no mutiplayer, but in my book that's ok.
  36. Mar 25, 2012
    Though it's dated now, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a non stop action packed adventure with incredible graphics and breath taking scenery. The combat is simple even with the friggin sixaxis for throwing grenades. Nathan Drake is the Indiana Jones for the 21st Century as he jumps, shoots and smart mouths his way through the jungle to stop pirates from stealing the gold, if you are lookingThough it's dated now, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is a non stop action packed adventure with incredible graphics and breath taking scenery. The combat is simple even with the friggin sixaxis for throwing grenades. Nathan Drake is the Indiana Jones for the 21st Century as he jumps, shoots and smart mouths his way through the jungle to stop pirates from stealing the gold, if you are looking for a fun game with an amazing storyline and exceptional combat but you want it cheap. Then uncharted is a perfect Game for You Expand
  37. Jul 29, 2012
    A good start to a new franchise from Naughty Dog on how it all began before Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Story- Nathan Drake a treasure hunter aided with his buddy Victor Sullivan and a reporter Elena Fisher goe after a treasure that was left by sir francis drake. They meet others who aren't friends with them and use it for purpose in being rich which nate is also wanting to be rich.A good start to a new franchise from Naughty Dog on how it all began before Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Story- Nathan Drake a treasure hunter aided with his buddy Victor Sullivan and a reporter Elena Fisher goe after a treasure that was left by sir francis drake. They meet others who aren't friends with them and use it for purpose in being rich which nate is also wanting to be rich. Eventually later on Nathan finds out what really happened during francis drake exploring in the place nate is currently at and warns everyone to not take the artifact or it'll cause problems.

Graphics- outstanding for being realistic and texture is good and detailed on setting where nate and his friends are at though not as good compared to uncharted 2 & 3.

Gameplay- basic third-person but uncharted 1 feels different because grenades for example on how far you want throw is by moving your controller at an angle on how well you want to throw. melee pulling off combos isnt easy at first but after awhile you will get use to it however just pulling off square,square,square is a basics in getting started. ammo you have in this is limited so you will have to get headshots more often in higher difficulties but enemies will drop a few to help be reloaded. Quick time events often change the way it plays. Lastly they will be a few "you will rage moments" in this game because of the enemies taking almost all of your ammo in the gun to kill completely which is a perfect example but hey it was the first game and it got improved in the sequels Get Over It.

Overall- A good start through Naughty Dog's successful run in this game turns out good.

Final Score : 8.4
  38. Dec 10, 2011
    Really fun and unique game, albeit not my favorite genre. The mechanics are superb, seems like naught dog put a lot of effort into this game, and it pays off. Cant find much to complain about, except the lack of multiplayer and co-op.
  39. DaveJones
    Dec 1, 2007
    Best console game to date. The microshaft 3fixme doesn't have a single game close to this. 10/10

If only metacritic wasn't so biased and would add the numerous perfect scores this game has received to their average. It's only a matter of time before us fans unite as we did against gamespot. Dirt like this has to be cleaned from the industry. Let's not let Microsofts money dirty the video game industry as they do every where else.
  40. Feb 27, 2012
    AMAZING! game.. One of the Best games this gen (along withg Uncharted 2 , 3), its Very underrated too! I dont get how some people hate it, if you actually finished the game you will know its one of the best adventure games this gen! I recommend it to everyone who like action/adventure games
  41. Mar 4, 2013
    Didn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with goodDidn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with good story this game is worth to play in any way. This game is very good and regarding the scores worst in the series. That sound promising!!! Expand
  42. Viper7
    Dec 6, 2007
    Although the ammount of shooting in the game lows the value, its still great adventure game with nice plot and single player game. the second you start playing it, its hard to let go off the controller before you have seen the end. the only cons are ammount of gunplay and easy puzles and its a bit linear even tho the surroundings are wide and there are no loading times.
  43. IanI.
    Nov 24, 2007
    I don't oftin give games 10s...I'm a very picky gamer, but this game is amazing in every respect, its like watching an indiana jones movie only 12 hours long and where you control the charicter. I'm speechless.
  44. Jan 3, 2012
    I'm not going to make this long because this is an older game. First the bad. This game is massively overrated. There isn't a single original idea to be found throughout the entire experience. Combine, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, a touch of the Mummy and a shoddy Gears of War cover and shoot mechanic and you have Uncharted in a nutshell. Now that wouldn't be so bad (I happen to like thoseI'm not going to make this long because this is an older game. First the bad. This game is massively overrated. There isn't a single original idea to be found throughout the entire experience. Combine, Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, a touch of the Mummy and a shoddy Gears of War cover and shoot mechanic and you have Uncharted in a nutshell. Now that wouldn't be so bad (I happen to like those movies and games), but the game really suffers when all you basically do is fight endless droves of enemies in sequences, which are occasionally broken up to platform around, hear some story and repeat (it gets old). And there isn't a single moment in the experience when I'm not reminded that I'm playing a game. I died constantly in the gunfights and it became a trial and error affair to continue. Now the good. I do like the characters, story, graphics and sound. And the shooting aspect isn't bad, it's just not as refined and intuitive as Gears of War. The game is just a shade better than the sum of it's parts and over all I give it a 8. Not a bad game, but certainly not worthy all of the 9's and 10's it's been getting. The potential for greatness is there for sure, so I will attempt to play Uncharted 2, as there's plenty of room for improvement. Expand
  45. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  46. Jun 13, 2012
    After playing Uncharted 2 I felt like playing the Game that started the Tale...THIS game is very good,

It's gameplay is way more shooting than in the sequel, but if you like uncharted's gameplay you will be even more satisfied than with the sequel, more shootouts and climbing, less location-change, are making this game very unique
  47. Nov 24, 2012
    The game is great. I dont understand ppl talking about to skip this one or that there is too much shooting etc etc. Drake is fighting with goons of Roman and Eddy Raja so there must be quite a lot of shooting going as as everybody is racing for that treasure. The puzzles are fun though nothing head breaking. However this is first game of Noughty Dog on PS3 franchise so its sure its aintThe game is great. I dont understand ppl talking about to skip this one or that there is too much shooting etc etc. Drake is fighting with goons of Roman and Eddy Raja so there must be quite a lot of shooting going as as everybody is racing for that treasure. The puzzles are fun though nothing head breaking. However this is first game of Noughty Dog on PS3 franchise so its sure its aint perfect but deffinetly is very good piece of game code . The game is fast,nice,lot of exploring and shooting aswell as platform sections with climbing jumping swingin etc etc. Plus finding all the treasures is also nice challange. Preety easy to master for Platinum trophy though 2 or 3 thropies are preety hardcore :)

All in All for me this game is just absolutely great and amazing and I definetly recomend every1 that want to start the adventure with Drake to start from the first game as its just a must have and must finish game in order to have 100% fun from other 2 parts of Drake's journey. Dont listen to trolls that says that the game is bad. The game is marvelous. Trust me and check it out. You wont regret a single minute sitting in front of TV and enjoying the spectacular adventure.
  48. May 30, 2012
    Good game. I replaced my old PS3 recently and got Drake 3 bundled in with the console.So I also bought Drake 1 and 2 from the used shelf the same time. I think Drake 1 cost me £5, and its turned out to be one of the best £5 I've spent recently. I don't tend to like 3rd person games (too many bad camera angle experiences in the past) or puzzle games (too manyGood game. I replaced my old PS3 recently and got Drake 3 bundled in with the console.So I also bought Drake 1 and 2 from the used shelf the same time. I think Drake 1 cost me £5, and its turned out to be one of the best £5 I've spent recently. I don't tend to like 3rd person games (too many bad camera angle experiences in the past) or puzzle games (too many rubbush/illogical puzzle experiences), but Drake 1 is excellent. Its got and epic action storyline. Its got good graphics. Its got lots of combat (and enemies are intelligent). Its got climbing and jumping and camera angles that consistantly work. Its got logical puzzles that fit in with the flow of the game and story. All in all a really enjoyable game and im looking forward to playing Drake 2 and 3. Expand
  49. ImedL.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, beautiful graphics and cool gameplay and good adventure story Expand
  50. pasinduS
    Oct 8, 2009
    Great game; awesome fun....only complaint is the utter lack of boss battles. The last boss was a joke, hopefully theyll have fixed this in the sequel.
  51. MohammadA
    Mar 9, 2009
    I am 26 and own a PS3 and 360. This game is amazing. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay and a lot of suspense. I played it twice and would play it a third time if there weren't other titles out there to play. It made definitely made my PS3 purchase.
  52. DaveG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    An astonishingly beautiful game that's actually great to play. This game made up for the utter disappointment of Assassin's Creed and it better looking to boot (granted, it isn't as huge). The variety of levels and the incredible scenery combined with the challenging gameplay make this an incredible game.
  53. ps3guy
    Aug 20, 2008
    Really cool game with great graphics and fun gameplay with all the puzzle solving took me about a week to beat so you could rent it if you played it a lot and is definately one of the ps3's best games.
  54. michaelmarcus
    Nov 1, 2009
    AWSOME! so much adventure. A little slow getting started but never slows down after...keeps getting harder and more changeling. ALOT of fun!
  55. aaront
    Dec 4, 2009
    One of my favorite games of all time!
  56. alecf
    Sep 29, 2009
    personally, i feel uncharted: drakes fortune is one of the most overlooked titles on the next gen systems. when it came out it had the best graphics, refreshing gameplay and a great voice acting cast. i truly enjoyed this game and cant wait for uncharted 2(which at the moment has a 98!)
  57. DennisM.
    Nov 25, 2007
    A truly phenomenal ride that you will want to experience again and again. The visuals, audio and entertainment value are unsurpassed.
  58. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.

For its time, this game is a 10/10. Looking back, it is still a 9/10 and led the way to the amazing Uncharted series and The Last of Us.
  59. Oct 12, 2010
    With its beautiful graphics, excellent voice acting, inspiring music, fantastic story and script, and amazing gameplay, Uncharted is excellent game for 2007.
  60. Apr 3, 2011
    i have fallen in love with another great game. i have yet to finish it but i am about half way through (i know this due to the fact that some people don't know how to check the spoiler box, JoeDeMaria!) and i am loving every second of game play, yes the AI is stupid but there are often many of them trying to shoot you at the same time that you have to be careful about when to shoot or elsei have fallen in love with another great game. i have yet to finish it but i am about half way through (i know this due to the fact that some people don't know how to check the spoiler box, JoeDeMaria!) and i am loving every second of game play, yes the AI is stupid but there are often many of them trying to shoot you at the same time that you have to be careful about when to shoot or else you may die. this game has wonderful graphics that are even good by todays standards and the voice acting is also pretty good with a little bit of humor every once and a while to make you smile. as well as the gameplay being top notch but the story is also very good and although i am sure there have been games like this that came out in the past there is none that i know of that have been made with such care and skill that is fun to play and keeps you entertained. i am so happy that this is a Playstation exclusive because it is one more thing that we have over the Xbox freaks and is a must buy no matter who you are or what type of games you like because this game has a bit of everything in it Expand
  61. Nov 1, 2011
    Platforming is awesome, great adventure story , and awesome gameplay. I would recommend you get this game right away at your nearest game store or wherever you get your games
  62. Nov 2, 2011
    I wasn`t sure to this game till i started to play it... After running it and playing 10 min i started to love this game, graphic, humor, etc stand on very high level.. i`m really glad that i made myself to play this game and i really enjoy it. If u never played it.. u have to do it!
  63. Sep 18, 2011
    This is the game where the Uncharted saga begins! It has several good weapons to use and a great storyline. This is one of Naughty Dog's best games ever made, so I would say that every PS3 owner should have this game.
  64. Oct 27, 2011
    what a game!not great as uncharted 2 but it is beautiful,great graphics,story and fantastic characters,just beautiful..naughty dog always does fantastic games
  65. Nov 4, 2011
    Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should play this brilliant game before playing the sequels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. Nov 7, 2011
    awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  67. Aug 5, 2012
    Really awesome game, good graphics and and good game play. Although the story reminded me of the story of Jacky Chan's movie, but I guess it was still ok. Nothing much to say, but this game has everything that an action adventure game should have.
  68. Feb 21, 2012
    Gorgeous graphics and level design. Lots of variety with puzzles, shoot outs, vehicle chases. Great storyline and characters. A classic. an easy 10/10.
  69. Feb 29, 2012
    playing through this game is one of the best experiences I've had with my ps3
  70. May 8, 2012
    This is why I bought a ps3.. Uncharted! A guy at work was going on and on in full detail about how awesome this game was. Sooo I did my homework, read reviews, watched videos, and finally knew this was the game for me. Got the ps3, uncharted, and a new flat screen tv.. Never looked back since. Graphics are top notch, voice acting, controls, gameplay.. All amazing. If you haven't yet BUY UNCHARTED!
  71. Dec 4, 2012
    Beautiful Visuals and excellent action take this game to another level. Nathan is back!
    The game starts off with a bar brawl (a little different from the previous drake). When it comes time to tell the origin of Nathan Drake the game is at it's best. The story isn't the greatest, but sully, cutter and Elena all make for a great cast. While not as good as the previous the games strengths overcome it's shortcomings. A few shortcomings: The controls are not the best and the game has many pixel errors that it does become noticeable.
    The story lacks any true meaning, but is told through the support of Drake's friends. The game is extremely linear. There is just one way to attack, one way to go, and again, one way to attack. (of course there are multiple ways to attack, but you do it in a very linear fashion throughout the story line)
    Not many puzzles - I think i counted five. the game is mostly comprised of running, jumping and shooting. All else said this is definitely a great game, because of the extreme suspense and great character "influence". A must for anyone in Drakes long journey...
  72. Jun 17, 2013
    Being my first PS3 game I can say it will always have a spot in my collection. It has lovable characterswith great voice acting and high pace Indiana Jones type action.

73. MarkW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    The best game I have played in years. Beautiful to look at, fantastic audio (especially in surround sound), just the right balance of puzzles and gun action, a great storyline, superlative voice acting. Hopefully this will just be the first in a franchise, it's an amazing game.
  74. JohnY
    Jan 11, 2009
    GREAT game. This is the kind of game that hooked me to video games. Great for any age. Awesome storyline. Overall amazing game. Graphics are great. Story's great. Gameplay is great.
  75. PatrickC
    Jun 6, 2009
    Great Game. Lovable characters andcover system combat puts Tomb Raider to shame. the only thing i can say is you must Play this game.
  76. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Underrated game of 2007. If you have a PS3 get this game. If not, you are missing something. This game is NOT like tomb raider, much cooler. Its got a great story (uncomon these days), metal gear solid style cover system that handles 100X easier, the best meleeing of any game, superb animation and I had to have it pointed out to me to realize that the enemies were repetitive in the Underrated game of 2007. If you have a PS3 get this game. If not, you are missing something. This game is NOT like tomb raider, much cooler. Its got a great story (uncomon these days), metal gear solid style cover system that handles 100X easier, the best meleeing of any game, superb animation and I had to have it pointed out to me to realize that the enemies were repetitive in the begining, the end has a twist however i will not reveal it. Finaly, the graphics are incredible. Best water and shadows hands down. In HD, of course. Expand
  77. YngveL
    Dec 2, 2008
    In my opinion perfectly polished graphics, story and gameplay. Though the game is only 8-10h long, there isn't a single second of those hours where I didn't sit with a big smile on my face. Replay value is huge as well. Easily one of the top ten games I've ever played.
  78. JohnD.
    Jan 5, 2008
    Visually highly impressive, nicely scripted and a clever blend of gameplay elements. Many of even the best 3D action-adventure titles have awful combat mechanics - Tomb Raider series, I'm looking at you - not so Uncharted. Responsive and intuitive to operate and stunning to look at. A real treat, marked down to a 9 only because it's a bit short.
  79. SantiagoA.
    Oct 7, 2008
    This game came with my PS3 at the start i thought it was bad but then i got interested until i got stuck for 4 days i looked at youtube videos so am saying the game is too puzzly because i had it for a month i still i havent finished it
  80. JamieC.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I Dont care what anyone says Uncharted is the best game i have ever played. And ive played alot. Its toppled Resident evil 4 and shadow of te collosus from the top. Most shooting games come down to the aiming. The aiming in Uncharted is as god as it could get. And add very fun climbing and excellent graphics even on a non HD tv with a funny, exciting story and you make the perfect game. I Dont care what anyone says Uncharted is the best game i have ever played. And ive played alot. Its toppled Resident evil 4 and shadow of te collosus from the top. Most shooting games come down to the aiming. The aiming in Uncharted is as god as it could get. And add very fun climbing and excellent graphics even on a non HD tv with a funny, exciting story and you make the perfect game. Amazing Game Expand
  81. ZoeS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Very impressed with this game - great graphics, easy to control, really addictive storyline. Was upset to have finished it so soon. When's the sequel due out?
  82. PaulW
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game out-does Hollywood. In fact, the character relationships may remind you more of 'Romancing the stone' than 'Indiana Jones'. It's like Tomb Raider crossed with a run and cover third person shooter crossed with Prince of Persia but much better than any of them. The graphics are absolutely amazing- realistic jungles, pools of water, forts and castles, and This game out-does Hollywood. In fact, the character relationships may remind you more of 'Romancing the stone' than 'Indiana Jones'. It's like Tomb Raider crossed with a run and cover third person shooter crossed with Prince of Persia but much better than any of them. The graphics are absolutely amazing- realistic jungles, pools of water, forts and castles, and towering cliffs have been created. This is the Bioshock of the PS3 (and Bioshock is due to come out for the PS3 too now) but this game is even more graphically impressive in ways and it is more user friendly- there is never any doubt as to what to do next and yet there are always places to explore so its relative linearity is well disguised. As for the puzzles, they are mostly easy but there is one level that is designed like a M Escher painting (watch Labyrinth and you will know about it) which is brilliantly made. This is the kind of the adventure game that you always dreamt about. Expand
  83. Devolved.
    Aug 31, 2008
    A great game, will be money well spent. Truly beautifully rendered landscapes of dense jungle, cliffs & waterfalls, great looking characters. Gripping plot, good character acting. Only gripes: Linear game play (although deceptively not thanks to the jungle), Repeatative gun play. Sortish game: Will easily finish in 10 hrs. Overall well worth it!
  84. AaronS
    Oct 6, 2009
    I love this game this is one of my favourites of all time. The characters feel like real people you feel like there' alive in the real world but then u realise there fake. The animations just up the notches of realism. I am even starting the game again I have Kill Zone 2 and havnt really got into it yet and i would rather play uncharted again than that. Im not usually an shooter guy I love this game this is one of my favourites of all time. The characters feel like real people you feel like there' alive in the real world but then u realise there fake. The animations just up the notches of realism. I am even starting the game again I have Kill Zone 2 and havnt really got into it yet and i would rather play uncharted again than that. Im not usually an shooter guy but somthing makes the action bits for me really enjoyable. I also love the platforming and exzotic locations. Seriouslly a must buy well done Naughty Dog espescially on the gonna be best game ever Uncharted 2 Expand
  85. JohnT.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Good game, best game on ps3.
  86. JamesB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This is one of the most engaging games I have ever played. The story is well done and exciting, the voice-acting is top notch, and the visuals are some of the best out there. If you are reading this you need to buy this game.
  87. ColowS.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Amazing visuals and exteremly involving gameplay. After finishing the game through the first playthrough, I find myself compelled to play the game multiple times. IT'S THAT GOOD!!
  88. JonathanZ.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Brilliant execution and immersive gameplay. Uncharted is clearly one of the big hits for the PS3 this holiday season.
  89. CP.
    Oct 22, 2008
    An excellent game and much maligned by the critics. I thought the game was what Tomb Raider should have been and I feel in years to come this will turn into a series and eventually abolish Tomb Raider. What lets the game down in the end is its lack of replay value but a thoroughly decent PS3 exclusive and is an essential purchase.
  90. JasonM.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Uncharted is by far head-over-heels above most of it's competition if you look into the technology of the game. The graphics are beautiful with lush jungles as well as rusty corridors when indoors, with just the right color palette and lighting to make the best of any setting. The sound is immersive. The story is full of suspense and mystery. Gameplay is addictive. I really Uncharted is by far head-over-heels above most of it's competition if you look into the technology of the game. The graphics are beautiful with lush jungles as well as rusty corridors when indoors, with just the right color palette and lighting to make the best of any setting. The sound is immersive. The story is full of suspense and mystery. Gameplay is addictive. I really don't see anything wrong with this title. It's an incredible game completely worthy of it's AAA status. Expand
  91. GeorgeM
    Oct 30, 2008
    The first time i read something about Uncharted, i felt nothing but indifference for it....it didn't look interesting and the hero looked a little to Ben Affleck-ey, so i wasn't expecting much....i was COMPLETELY surprised by the end result. Uncharted is one of if not the best action/adventure/shooters I've ever played and it ranks right up there with Gears of War, the only The first time i read something about Uncharted, i felt nothing but indifference for it....it didn't look interesting and the hero looked a little to Ben Affleck-ey, so i wasn't expecting much....i was COMPLETELY surprised by the end result. Uncharted is one of if not the best action/adventure/shooters I've ever played and it ranks right up there with Gears of War, the only thing its missing is multiplayer. The graphics are amazing with highly detailed textures that could make the Unreal engine sweat and the water effects are some of the best seen and little details like our heros clothes getting soaked and drying right before our eyes are nice, the sound effects, music, and voice acting are well done, and the gameplay is nice and responsive. The controls are virtually identical to Gears of War, the running and taking cover feel the same but the controls feel a bit tighter in Uncharted. The story and characters are interesting, and everything feels like your standard adventure / comedy with a almost Hollywood movie feel, which makes it fun to play AND watch. Uncharted is one of the ps3s better games out of its earlier line-up, amazing graphics that prove the ps3 is capable, fun shoot-em-up action, and a story that keeps a smile on your face. Expand
  92. MasJ.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Possibly my favorite adventure game of all time and I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600.
  93. Jesse
    Jan 5, 2008
    awesome looking game. real fun. a bit repetitive after a while with the fighting. no side quests. totally linear, almost basic. the thing that did suck was how unbelievably short it was. i beat it in 9 hours and i took my time. oh well, still fun. just needed to be longer.
  94. Rudy
    Feb 4, 2008
    Great game and story. Absolutely fun to play. Happy and sad when I finished this game. For a person who usually only plays sporting games, this game had a lot of action with some platforming thrown in to keep me interested the entire game. Wasn't as short as people said it was. Seemed like the perfect length to me.
  95. MARKP.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Awesome graphics make this a game to own, however the game would have been much more fun had they included more jumping, climbing, and figuring out clues to advance. This repetitive shootout with 100 plus bad guys gets a little ridiculous and tiresome. This game has alot of potential if they could just reduce the shooting in the next release.
  96. EugenioP.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This game is absolute class. It is unparalleled visually and story wise. The gameplay mechanics are very user friendly and immerse the player into a picture perfect world where ones imagination can roam freely. Without a doubt the best exclusive on the Playstation 3 and perhaps the best single player title available on the market. We will be talking about this game in years to come.
  97. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    A lot of people claim this is a rip-off of Indiana Jones....... I don't consider that a BAD thing, that's one of the many aspects I love about this game, it's exciting!
  98. BradleyD.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Brilliant adventure game featuring watered-down Tomb-Raider exploring and a beefed-up Tomb-Raider combat mechanic. However, the shootouts, whilst spectacular, are frequently over-used and tend to drag on while the exploring feels under-used in comparison. Despite this, Uncharted is stunning!
  99. AaronM
    Jun 22, 2008
    It has the feel of a movie, a great story, great acting. Oh yeah, the gameplay is great too.

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.