• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.2

1. Mar 5, 2012
    Playing this game for the first time, i go in to it with high expectations. Afterall, this is the much praised "Uncharted" series I've heard about. I've got to say I'm hugely dispointed. What this game basically boils down to is "move in to new area, hide behind a rock, shoot waves of bad-guys that get boring about half way through the first wave, pick up ammo, move around corner to next area, rinse, repeat". There are far too few "Adventure" moments considering it's suposedly an adventure game and in the end it turns out to be a cover and shoot game within a handful of picturesque settings. I'm going to play the other uncharted games but if it's all more of the same then i doubt i'll make it all the way to the end of the third game. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2011
    This is a rail shooter with jump "puzzles". Story is kinda interesting, voice acting isn't terrible, visuals are pretty good. I've played it for a little bit and I'm certain that I'm going to trade it in, probably in the immediate future. I can see why some people like it, but it's not a puzzle game, and it's not an adventure game (thief & Assassins creed are way more of both) which is what it was billed as, and it's a terrible shooter. So what's the point? Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2012
    I love Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, but I hate this game. Most of the reason is because of the amount of shooting in this game. There is too much shooting! It gets really boring when you crash on the island because you shoot probably 500 pirates. How they brought 500 pirates to the island I do not know. It gets really annoying. They could cut the amount of shooting in this game in half and it would greatly improve the game. Another thing I noticed on this game was that Drake takes much less damage as he does on the other games in the series. This is very bad because in this game you are going against more enemies (who sometimes magically spawn behind you and shoot you with a shotgun) all by yourself without the help of Elena or Sully. To me, the game stops being fun when you're being surrounded by 20 pirates at once, who somehow can take 5 to 6 shots from an AK-47 without going down. If critics give this game a 90, then Uncharted 2 should get a 100. If you're a fan of the series, this is definitely the one to skip. Expand
  4. Oct 10, 2011
    Oh how I hate this game. I've given it more than a fair try. I wanted to like it. When my friends said you've got to get the playstation 3 just for uncharted 2 alone I thought the first game must be great and I'm one of those people who can't just jump in mid series so the first game I got was this and my god does it suck. Firstly lets start with the good. Drake and Elena are likable characters and are the sole reason I wanted to see this game through. I struggle to find anything else nice to say about this game. Graphics are dated but lets forgive that as it is a old game so thats a non issue for me. Combat i'm less willing to forgive the camera during fights will get you killed. a lot. you'll often be "ambushed" you can always tell when its going to happen as normally any room with cover and a gun laying helpfully against said cover yeah theres going to be a shoot out. But another problem arises during these "ambushes" sometimes enemies will just jump in behind you meaning insta death unless you learn the spawn points in otherwords you're going to die a lot until you learn them. During these "ambuses" you'll be wishing they'd stop and you could get to the platforming. Forgetting just how bad the platforming is. If you've ever played any assassins creed games and had your character jump stupidly to his doom instead of grabbing the next ledge then you'll be horrified to hear its even worse in this game. And the check points mean you'll be forced to do the same 20 jumps before you get to the bit where a retarded drake decides he wants to jump pointlessly into nothing all over again. This game is terrible the story didn't drag me in the game play is terrible the graphics are dated. Do you're self a favor skip this game. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2011
    A copy from Tomb Rider, but without Lara Croft. Uncharted has Great graphics, but a poor gameplay. Lacks better controls, lacks a better combat system. And are quick time events reallly annoying. Just a game with good visuals. End.
  6. Jan 23, 2012
    At Least it looked nice.

All I can say is I am glad I played Uncharted 2 First, and Uncharted 3 came out before I got around to this.
    Firstly, the cover is inadequate, especially against the pirates that have crack shots and can throw like baseball legends, or my favourite the shotgun wielding pirates who appear all ninja like and one shot you.
    The Cover issue would be fine if it wasn't
    so damn hard to kill these unarmoured pirates, I've had a few survive shots to the head, Keep in mind I was playing normal, and I was taking less damage then the most basic enemy's with a slow heal time and cover that usually doesn't cover you, I found myself dying alot. I also noticed I ran out of ammo while trying to kill the current wave of baddies before moving up, taking time for head-shots generally becoming unfavourable do to there incredible aim and drakes lack of health.
    Also there is no mild zoom like in Uncharted 2, what you get is all you get to work with. I also must make mention of the poor directions, often leaving grenade launchers to kill turrets in locations you fail to notice while taking heavy fire, or like in the Jet ski chapter where it fails to mention you control Elena and her grenade launcher (she just magically acquired) A scene with alot of potential for high octane fun, that boils down to a crawl with you just blasting the hell out of everything with your (her) grenade launcher, instead of flying through with some epic cinematic style jumps or something. and Lastly before concluding the rant, Drake's slow ass doesn't get a sprint, or a combat sprint, just a sketchy roll to cover, and for some reason the shotgun that the enemy's so often one shot you with, fails to one shot them more often then not.(Unless your really close of course)

I would like to say however, that Elena is far more enjoyable a character in this one then the other two games of the trilogy. So at least there is that.
  7. Jan 10, 2013
    I really wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't. The game looks and sounds fantastic, and some of the sequences are fun enough. It's just that as soon as the combat starts, which is often, all fun comes to a screeching halt. The game is very stingy with the ammo while at the same time sending wave after wave of bad guys after you. The combat in this game is so frustrating I stopped playing the game a quarter of the way in and never went back. Expand
  8. Dec 9, 2012
    This game is supposed to be one of the best games the Play-station 3 has to offer well if this is the case it just shows how poor PS3 games are,this game is riddled with dodgy game-play,ropey controls awful graphics cheesy voice acting and repetitive game-play it really is quite tedious and there's way to much shooting enemies that take whole clips of ammo to drop which is especially dad as you can't carry very much,also enemies appear out of nowhere shooting you dead so you have to do it all over again,very tedious,but if you've nothing better to do it's better than staring at a blank screen,but only just,I am new to the PS3,but honestly everything on the XBOX 360 is way better than this poor excuse for a game,avoid at all costs. Expand
  9. Oct 28, 2012
    Not sure why everyone loves this game... Controls are horribly broken, good luck trying to get a head shot, and with a maximum of 40 bullets, 4 bullets (at least) per enemy, and usually finding yourself swarmed by a group of 30 enemies, it means you'll be dying quite a bit, and replaying the same scenes over and over. This game needed more platforming, and less broken gun-play.
  10. Jan 9, 2013
    meh this games isnt that good havent played 2 or 3 so i played this to see if those r worth it the graphics r very bad NOW the gameplay is nothing special drake is boring the old masn boring the chick is hot returned the game the next day not my cup of tea only got half of the money i paid just for having this **** for a day **** u uncharted IM GONNA JUST RENT 3 now
  11. Feb 9, 2013
    Save yourself time and skip this one. Pick up the much, much better Uncharted 2. Uncharted 1 has almost no platforming and story but it has tons... and tons... and tons of shooting. And not the interesting kind of shooting I must say.
  12. Feb 25, 2013
    I had high expectations out of this game. I was a huge fan of the original Crash Bandicoot and Jak Daxter games so I bought the game based off the developer. I am very disappointed with my purchase. I enjoyed the characters and graphics but this was not enough for me. The game calls itself an adventure game, yet it is more of a shooter, despite being called more of an adventure game. The puzzles are completely hit or miss, some are very easy, others are just down right ridiculous. The game got very tedious when there got to be WAY to many enemies.

After playing this game for about 6 hours, I completely stopped playing because I wasn't having fun. Another thing that pissed me off was the fact that they turned the game into a horror game very late in the game. They should have told you they'd do this on the back of the cover or something, this way I'd have an idea on what I'm buying. So if you're like me, and simply not into horror games don't buy this game. I thought the horror aspect wouldn't last to long but it lasts about an hour to an hour and a half. So much for an adventure game, huh? How about sticking to your routes Naughty Dog? Go back to Jak Daxter, because I hate this game much more than the Lost Frontier. Like I said decent story and characters, with fantastic graphics, but definitely not a good adventure game. The people who gave this positive reviews probably enjoy shooter and horror aspects, I for one don't. Sorry Uncharted, heard you were a great series but you obviously aren't for me.
  13. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm honestly a bit on the fence about this one. I just recently got my PS3, And due to the bundle I got I played Uncharted 3 before playing through this one, And I must say, Unlike Uncharted 3, This one fails to amaze me.

This game has extremely floaty controls if you ask me, Sometimes doing a long leap across to where you need to go, And other times just doing the most pitiful jump
    straight off the edge causing you to have to redo the past five minutes again. The checkpoint locations annoyed me constantly, considering I just occasionally died due to controls not quite responding the way I expected them to, Or just because a guy spawned behind me with a shotgun towards the end of the fight, It starts to become a bit absurd to me. For this type of game, The sheer amount of enemies you have to fight is staggering, Often doing something towards the end of the fight like a guy with a grenade launcher just shooting you in the face causing you to refight the past 20 enemies due to no mid-way checkpoints, If you're a casual gamer you will find yourself redoing a large amount of fights even playing on normal. You seem to take far more damage in this game (Or you have lower health).

I got extremely frustrated during the generator section against the descendants where you kill about 12 or so in a fairly short time, One spawns to the side, No big deal after you get used to where they spawn, Then you have to run towards a lever, One more guy will jump out at you, no big deal and you hit the lever. Then about 10 more will be in the room you just came from, No checkpoints at all, If you get hit twice you will have to redo both these sections, But then to add to this segment, There's another lever you have to make your way towards, Where once again there's one guy protecting it, easy peasey, And you pull the lever. When you make your way back to the main room once again, You then have to deal with roughly 20 - 30 of these guys coming in groups of three. Again, Getting hit twice will kill you, And they leave you with no checkpoints at all. You then have to take your time to redo easily 50+ monsters again, It is a bit annoying to me. The mechanics just aren't well thought out enough for this type of thing to be enjoyable. There's a way to roll, But even rolling as they swing at you, You still get hit.

The voice acting is just generally average, Sometimes being pretty awful, Though a lot of games seem to fail at that aspect so I can't hold that against them too much. The sounds of the environment however are quite good, With plenty of decent audio ques to go off of. The graphics are also impressive for the time period the game was made, I have no complaints about them what-so-ever. I do have an issue with how easily found the treasures were, I found 50 of them in my first playthrough without spending much time to really look for them.

Overall, The story is intriguing and generally fun, Though predictable, The ledge jumps and just overall clumsiness feel of the character could be vastly improved, And the waves of enemies could be shorter or more checkpoints should have been added to compensate for the average gamer, Or even smoothing out the battle mechanics so this isn't as big of an issue. I will have to agree with the negative reviews on enemies amounts and overall bad controls, I've certainly found those comments to be true. If it wasn't for those issues, This game would easily get an eight or even more.

And no, I'm not bad at shooters by any means, The only genre I really play all consist of shooters, I just don't agree with their decisions on some of the mechanics and spawning mechanics, As they could be so much better.I also should mention the fights are generally dull and generic as well, There's really not that much that's incredibly fun about them, It's just basic, boring, sub-standard shooting.
  14. Jun 26, 2013
    I did not enjoy this game in the least. The only reason for the 2 is the graphics (which are good for an early PS3 game) and the voice acting. Unfortunately i had to try and play this thing...

First of all, story is a big part of games that are meant to have stories. I think i could have eaten vegetable soup and crapped out a better story than this game. Seriously. You're on a
    "deserted" island that somehow has hundreds and hundreds of enemies on it. How? Well, that's for your imagination to say. The ending had to be something else originally but then an investor came along and said they want something different. So, dance for the investor and we get this shoddy garbage.

Secondly... the shooting is WAY over the top. Extremely annoying aiming mechanics, and a rinse and repeat attitude throughout. Clear and area, move five feet, clear again. I ran out of ammo on a nearly constant basis. I know what you're saying, "go for the headshot." That's a lot easier said than done. Again, annoying aiming mechanics. I found out early on that if i tried to kill an enemy with a head shot, they would light me up because of the constant stream of them and horrible aiming mechanics. So i tried to use cover and shoot sporadically. Then i run out of ammo because i would unload an entire clip on ONE enemy. How many bullets does it take to kill a guy?

Finally, the entire time i was wishing i could be playing tomb raider. I don't even want to try the 2nd or 3rd one because of this game. Save your self the time because this game is not worth all the hype that everyone is giving it.
  15. Jul 29, 2013
    I hope you like walls because this game has plenty of them. It seems that this game has a strange fascination with walls as you will be glued to these walls so often that he might as well take them with him on all his travels. Story is OK, fairly easily to guess the plot (or at least what will probably happen). A generic third person shooter, cover-based, lets-break-everything-we-touch game with an ongoing romance between Nathan Drake and the wall... I mean Elena; who by the way will moan at you so often that you wonder whether the hordes of bad guys attacking you have actually got the right idea in trying to kill her. The game can be irritable, but if you endure its many faults long enough you may develop some sort of liking towards it, but I wasn't able to bond with the game like Drake bonded with the wall. Expand
  16. Mar 19, 2014
    I recently played this game because of all the uncharted hype over the years and my friend who never games and camps in COD liked this series. So I gave it a try and thought it would be a good idea but as a gamer boy was I flat out wrong. This was I believe the WORST adventure game I have ever played in my entire life. The reasons for it being terrible are that the game is basically a no fun grind, and I found myself screaming at the game half way into it, "PLEASE JUST END I DONT WANT TO PLAY YOU ANYMORE!" but im not going to not finish a game.....So the reasons its bad is that in the game do the same thing over and over again, you jump here jump there jump here jump there jump here, shoot this guy in 2 seconds then repeat about 900 times till the game ends it was sooooo borrrrinnggg. Not to mention the scenary is terrrible is the same dam setting the whole game. you start in the jungle and then about 7 hours of going in a straight line jumping over a rock and under a ledge and over a rock and under a ledge, all by the way looks the same nothing interesting or unique going on at all in the game, you finally start fighting these zombie guys and all the levels are now "dark like jungle levels" its incredibly reeettarrded, and the story makes noooo sense its sooo upsetting. THe only thing positive about this game is the graphics are spectacular but the problem is is that nothing fun or interesting happens ever in the game you just repeatedly go in a straight line juping over rocks and you shoot 1 guy and continue its soooo stupid please never play this game it was torchure......I feel like the game only got good reviews because it was the first platform on the PS3 and the graphics were good, and i think a lot of new gamers that never played video games before tried it and becuase they never played a game before how were they supposed to now it wasnt actually good at all. So there you go, the worst adventure game I have ever played in my life, please dont play this game. Expand
  17. Jul 25, 2014
    So drakes fortune was to be killed by zombies ex Nazis....worst story ever really let me down. Only for American kids...Wasted my money on this bullsh1t...
  18. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only game that has made me destroy the PS3 controller twice. Don't play it!!!!!!
    The irritation due to the steering + the camera changing angles all the time when you are climbing that makes you fall and die when you want to jump makes this game 0/10.
    There are some places, kind of often, when you start at a doorway and have to fight 10 enemies and all the enemies tosses
    grenades at you and you have nowhere to run because it wont allow you to go back, and forward you will die because they will kill you in a few shots, 0/10.
    The gun can kill a person in one shot, but the AK needs at least 20 shots to kill a person, even the Uzi is better than a AK. Tossing grenades at enemies don't kill them unless you have shot them first, 0/10
    Story is kind of good, but because this game is completely unplayable otherwise: 0/10

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.