Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.1

1. MarkW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    The best game I have played in years. Beautiful to look at, fantastic audio (especially in surround sound), just the right balance of puzzles and gun action, a great storyline, superlative voice acting. Hopefully this will just be the first in a franchise, it's an amazing game.
  2. JohnY
    Jan 11, 2009
    GREAT game. This is the kind of game that hooked me to video games. Great for any age. Awesome storyline. Overall amazing game. Graphics are great. Story's great. Gameplay is great.
  3. PatrickC
    Jun 6, 2009
    Great Game. Lovable characters andcover system combat puts Tomb Raider to shame. the only thing i can say is you must Play this game.
  4. DaveJones
    Dec 1, 2007
    Best console game to date. The microshaft 3fixme doesn't have a single game close to this. 10/10

If only metacritic wasn't so biased and would add the numerous perfect scores this game has received to their average. It's only a matter of time before us fans unite as we did against gamespot. Dirt like this has to be cleaned from the industry. Let's not let Microsofts money dirty the video game industry as they do every where else.
  5. AdrienV.
    Jan 10, 2008
    Underrated game of 2007. If you have a PS3 get this game. If not, you are missing something. This game is NOT like tomb raider, much cooler. Its got a great story (uncomon these days), metal gear solid style cover system that handles 100X easier, the best meleeing of any game, superb animation and I had to have it pointed out to me to realize that the enemies were repetitive in the Underrated game of 2007. If you have a PS3 get this game. If not, you are missing something. This game is NOT like tomb raider, much cooler. Its got a great story (uncomon these days), metal gear solid style cover system that handles 100X easier, the best meleeing of any game, superb animation and I had to have it pointed out to me to realize that the enemies were repetitive in the begining, the end has a twist however i will not reveal it. Finaly, the graphics are incredible. Best water and shadows hands down. In HD, of course. Expand
  6. YngveL
    Dec 2, 2008
    In my opinion perfectly polished graphics, story and gameplay. Though the game is only 8-10h long, there isn't a single second of those hours where I didn't sit with a big smile on my face. Replay value is huge as well. Easily one of the top ten games I've ever played.
  7. JohnD.
    Jan 5, 2008
    Visually highly impressive, nicely scripted and a clever blend of gameplay elements. Many of even the best 3D action-adventure titles have awful combat mechanics - Tomb Raider series, I'm looking at you - not so Uncharted. Responsive and intuitive to operate and stunning to look at. A real treat, marked down to a 9 only because it's a bit short.
  8. SantiagoA.
    Oct 7, 2008
    This game came with my PS3 at the start i thought it was bad but then i got interested until i got stuck for 4 days i looked at youtube videos so am saying the game is too puzzly because i had it for a month i still i havent finished it
  9. JamieC.
    Mar 1, 2008
    I Dont care what anyone says Uncharted is the best game i have ever played. And ive played alot. Its toppled Resident evil 4 and shadow of te collosus from the top. Most shooting games come down to the aiming. The aiming in Uncharted is as god as it could get. And add very fun climbing and excellent graphics even on a non HD tv with a funny, exciting story and you make the perfect game. I Dont care what anyone says Uncharted is the best game i have ever played. And ive played alot. Its toppled Resident evil 4 and shadow of te collosus from the top. Most shooting games come down to the aiming. The aiming in Uncharted is as god as it could get. And add very fun climbing and excellent graphics even on a non HD tv with a funny, exciting story and you make the perfect game. Amazing Game Expand
  10. ZoeS.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Very impressed with this game - great graphics, easy to control, really addictive storyline. Was upset to have finished it so soon. When's the sequel due out?
  11. PaulW
    Jun 1, 2008
    This game out-does Hollywood. In fact, the character relationships may remind you more of 'Romancing the stone' than 'Indiana Jones'. It's like Tomb Raider crossed with a run and cover third person shooter crossed with Prince of Persia but much better than any of them. The graphics are absolutely amazing- realistic jungles, pools of water, forts and castles, and This game out-does Hollywood. In fact, the character relationships may remind you more of 'Romancing the stone' than 'Indiana Jones'. It's like Tomb Raider crossed with a run and cover third person shooter crossed with Prince of Persia but much better than any of them. The graphics are absolutely amazing- realistic jungles, pools of water, forts and castles, and towering cliffs have been created. This is the Bioshock of the PS3 (and Bioshock is due to come out for the PS3 too now) but this game is even more graphically impressive in ways and it is more user friendly- there is never any doubt as to what to do next and yet there are always places to explore so its relative linearity is well disguised. As for the puzzles, they are mostly easy but there is one level that is designed like a M Escher painting (watch Labyrinth and you will know about it) which is brilliantly made. This is the kind of the adventure game that you always dreamt about. Expand
  12. Devolved.
    Aug 31, 2008
    A great game, will be money well spent. Truly beautifully rendered landscapes of dense jungle, cliffs & waterfalls, great looking characters. Gripping plot, good character acting. Only gripes: Linear game play (although deceptively not thanks to the jungle), Repeatative gun play. Sortish game: Will easily finish in 10 hrs. Overall well worth it!
  13. AaronS
    Oct 6, 2009
    I love this game this is one of my favourites of all time. The characters feel like real people you feel like there' alive in the real world but then u realise there fake. The animations just up the notches of realism. I am even starting the game again I have Kill Zone 2 and havnt really got into it yet and i would rather play uncharted again than that. Im not usually an shooter guy I love this game this is one of my favourites of all time. The characters feel like real people you feel like there' alive in the real world but then u realise there fake. The animations just up the notches of realism. I am even starting the game again I have Kill Zone 2 and havnt really got into it yet and i would rather play uncharted again than that. Im not usually an shooter guy but somthing makes the action bits for me really enjoyable. I also love the platforming and exzotic locations. Seriouslly a must buy well done Naughty Dog espescially on the gonna be best game ever Uncharted 2 Expand
  14. JohnT.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Good game, best game on ps3.
  15. JamesB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This is one of the most engaging games I have ever played. The story is well done and exciting, the voice-acting is top notch, and the visuals are some of the best out there. If you are reading this you need to buy this game.
  16. ColowS.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Amazing visuals and exteremly involving gameplay. After finishing the game through the first playthrough, I find myself compelled to play the game multiple times. IT'S THAT GOOD!!
  17. Viper7
    Dec 6, 2007
    Although the ammount of shooting in the game lows the value, its still great adventure game with nice plot and single player game. the second you start playing it, its hard to let go off the controller before you have seen the end. the only cons are ammount of gunplay and easy puzles and its a bit linear even tho the surroundings are wide and there are no loading times.
  18. JonathanZ.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Brilliant execution and immersive gameplay. Uncharted is clearly one of the big hits for the PS3 this holiday season.
  19. CP.
    Oct 22, 2008
    An excellent game and much maligned by the critics. I thought the game was what Tomb Raider should have been and I feel in years to come this will turn into a series and eventually abolish Tomb Raider. What lets the game down in the end is its lack of replay value but a thoroughly decent PS3 exclusive and is an essential purchase.
  20. JasonM.
    Jan 26, 2008
    Uncharted is by far head-over-heels above most of it's competition if you look into the technology of the game. The graphics are beautiful with lush jungles as well as rusty corridors when indoors, with just the right color palette and lighting to make the best of any setting. The sound is immersive. The story is full of suspense and mystery. Gameplay is addictive. I really Uncharted is by far head-over-heels above most of it's competition if you look into the technology of the game. The graphics are beautiful with lush jungles as well as rusty corridors when indoors, with just the right color palette and lighting to make the best of any setting. The sound is immersive. The story is full of suspense and mystery. Gameplay is addictive. I really don't see anything wrong with this title. It's an incredible game completely worthy of it's AAA status. Expand
  21. GeorgeM
    Oct 30, 2008
    The first time i read something about Uncharted, i felt nothing but indifference for it....it didn't look interesting and the hero looked a little to Ben Affleck-ey, so i wasn't expecting much....i was COMPLETELY surprised by the end result. Uncharted is one of if not the best action/adventure/shooters I've ever played and it ranks right up there with Gears of War, the only The first time i read something about Uncharted, i felt nothing but indifference for it....it didn't look interesting and the hero looked a little to Ben Affleck-ey, so i wasn't expecting much....i was COMPLETELY surprised by the end result. Uncharted is one of if not the best action/adventure/shooters I've ever played and it ranks right up there with Gears of War, the only thing its missing is multiplayer. The graphics are amazing with highly detailed textures that could make the Unreal engine sweat and the water effects are some of the best seen and little details like our heros clothes getting soaked and drying right before our eyes are nice, the sound effects, music, and voice acting are well done, and the gameplay is nice and responsive. The controls are virtually identical to Gears of War, the running and taking cover feel the same but the controls feel a bit tighter in Uncharted. The story and characters are interesting, and everything feels like your standard adventure / comedy with a almost Hollywood movie feel, which makes it fun to play AND watch. Uncharted is one of the ps3s better games out of its earlier line-up, amazing graphics that prove the ps3 is capable, fun shoot-em-up action, and a story that keeps a smile on your face. Expand
  22. MasJ.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Possibly my favorite adventure game of all time and I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600.
  23. Jesse
    Jan 5, 2008
    awesome looking game. real fun. a bit repetitive after a while with the fighting. no side quests. totally linear, almost basic. the thing that did suck was how unbelievably short it was. i beat it in 9 hours and i took my time. oh well, still fun. just needed to be longer.
  24. ImedL.
    Feb 13, 2008
    Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, Uncharted is amazing graphics on ps3 i've ever been played so far, I like the environment, but I don't like the eye character, its not blend in, that makes little bit disappointed cause the graphics is very detail. Gameplay is very very fun, i like the shooting style like this, you can duck, cover and shoot. The replay value is good. for PS3 owner, this is a must have game, beautiful graphics and cool gameplay and good adventure story Expand
  25. Rudy
    Feb 4, 2008
    Great game and story. Absolutely fun to play. Happy and sad when I finished this game. For a person who usually only plays sporting games, this game had a lot of action with some platforming thrown in to keep me interested the entire game. Wasn't as short as people said it was. Seemed like the perfect length to me.
  26. MARKP.
    Mar 19, 2008
    Awesome graphics make this a game to own, however the game would have been much more fun had they included more jumping, climbing, and figuring out clues to advance. This repetitive shootout with 100 plus bad guys gets a little ridiculous and tiresome. This game has alot of potential if they could just reduce the shooting in the next release.
  27. EugenioP.
    Mar 22, 2008
    This game is absolute class. It is unparalleled visually and story wise. The gameplay mechanics are very user friendly and immerse the player into a picture perfect world where ones imagination can roam freely. Without a doubt the best exclusive on the Playstation 3 and perhaps the best single player title available on the market. We will be talking about this game in years to come.
  28. BryanS.
    Mar 8, 2008
    A lot of people claim this is a rip-off of Indiana Jones....... I don't consider that a BAD thing, that's one of the many aspects I love about this game, it's exciting!
  29. BradleyD.
    Jun 13, 2008
    Brilliant adventure game featuring watered-down Tomb-Raider exploring and a beefed-up Tomb-Raider combat mechanic. However, the shootouts, whilst spectacular, are frequently over-used and tend to drag on while the exploring feels under-used in comparison. Despite this, Uncharted is stunning!
  30. AaronM
    Jun 22, 2008
    It has the feel of a movie, a great story, great acting. Oh yeah, the gameplay is great too.
  31. MsediW.
    Jul 1, 2008
    This game was great. Its a box of surprises especially towards the end. Next to a stunning game is the amazing storyline. This should be written into the PS3's History Books because it shows many reasons on why to get a PS3. It is quite short though. Thats why I give it a nine. A game like this should be longer. No doubt, its great and hopefully the sequel will come very soon.
  32. JaredH.
    Jul 23, 2008
    rob why do you say it has no replay value when you admit to beating it several times. anyway i think this game is great in all aspects except the sequel needs to have harder puzzles and more exploration.
  33. JoeD
    Aug 4, 2008
    Brilliant story, amazing graphics, good gameplay, could have had more puzzling but the shooting is good enough to hold it's own. All the comments that are below 7 are blatantly xbox fanboys.
  34. SamE
    Jan 1, 2009
    The gameplay is solid and enjoyable however if you are looking for a better ps3 exclusive adventure game go for ratchet and clank future. a better shooter go for resistance. or if you want a better mixture go for metal gear solid 4.
  35. uncharteddrakesfortune
    Jan 5, 2009
    I would give this game a 9.4 but i could not do that so i put a 9. This game would get a 10 if it was longer. I am an average gamer and it took me only 5 hours to beat it. It is a little bit too short... Still it was an amazing game with great graphics. If you have a ps3, it is a must buy.
  36. pasinduS
    Oct 8, 2009
    Great game; awesome fun....only complaint is the utter lack of boss battles. The last boss was a joke, hopefully theyll have fixed this in the sequel.
  37. JamesT
    Feb 8, 2009
    Amazing game. I've played it over 20 times, yet i come back for more! Trophies obviously made the game more fun too!
  38. MohammadA
    Mar 9, 2009
    I am 26 and own a PS3 and 360. This game is amazing. Amazing graphics, amazing gameplay and a lot of suspense. I played it twice and would play it a third time if there weren't other titles out there to play. It made definitely made my PS3 purchase.
  39. EddieC
    Apr 28, 2009
    Truly an amazing new IP from naughty dog. I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for the second one.
  40. DarcyW.
    Jul 9, 2009
    Great story and beautiful graphics. Loads of excitement and enjoyment. I am just starting my second time through this game. Monkeys, birds, and a host of other items I never saw first time through. Highly recommended.
  41. WesH.
    Sep 24, 2009
    A really great looking game with Hollywoodesque production values and fast-paced gameplay. The voice talent is also top-notch and it is impressively atmospheric. That said, the gameplay is at times very repetitive, the puzzles are not all that challenging, and the gun battles can at times be frustrating to the point that you want to throw your controller at the TV. But overall it is one A really great looking game with Hollywoodesque production values and fast-paced gameplay. The voice talent is also top-notch and it is impressively atmospheric. That said, the gameplay is at times very repetitive, the puzzles are not all that challenging, and the gun battles can at times be frustrating to the point that you want to throw your controller at the TV. But overall it is one of the better games on the PS3. Expand
  42. joshj.
    Sep 4, 2009
    Only one complaint, it's over too quickly. Also, This game provides an excellent way to sniff out fanboys. How? Anyone who rates it low and says it has horrible graphics is a fanboy. Why? The games graphics may just be the greatest i have ever seen on a console yet. Dead serious. So my advice? Buy Uncharted, Love it like you know you should, then wait for the obviously GOTY 09 Uncharted 2.
  43. JustariusS
    Nov 17, 2007
    Naughty Dog does it again. For the longest time I was following the progress of this game and I had high hopes. That's usually a bad thing. I'm almost always disappointed over what could or should have been (Assassin's Creed anyone?). But Uncharted cleanly trumped my expectations for the 1st time in awhile. This game is all about the immersing "movie-like" experience. By theNaughty Dog does it again. For the longest time I was following the progress of this game and I had high hopes. That's usually a bad thing. I'm almost always disappointed over what could or should have been (Assassin's Creed anyone?). But Uncharted cleanly trumped my expectations for the 1st time in awhile. This game is all about the immersing "movie-like" experience. By the end your only disappointment will be that the game is over like when the credits roll after watching a great film. You'll probably play Uncharted at least twice and after that it will come out once and awhile when friends come over and you want to dazzle them with your PS3 (along with the likes of MotorStorm, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank, Heavenly Sword & COD4 although Uncharted trumps them all). As of the fall of 2007, the PS3 has finally arrived in the games department and Uncharted is one hell of a PS3 exclusive to get that party started. Expand
  44. LJK.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Nearly perfect, only a few dull points. Some of the best in game story telling I've seen outside of an RPG.
  45. LB
    Nov 19, 2007
    After playing this amazing game, reading these reviews feels exactly like watching foxnews: makes you want to puke at the sponsored dishonesty, and the appalling lack of accountability. This is the best game I've played this year on any platform, don't let any digital cockroach tell you otherwise, especially if they own a soapbox in the gaming media. Microsoft is now swiftboatingAfter playing this amazing game, reading these reviews feels exactly like watching foxnews: makes you want to puke at the sponsored dishonesty, and the appalling lack of accountability. This is the best game I've played this year on any platform, don't let any digital cockroach tell you otherwise, especially if they own a soapbox in the gaming media. Microsoft is now swiftboating at large because they've seen how successful it is when you can get away with murder. I am now done with official gaming sites just like any mainstream media outlet. Expand
  46. JonA.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Great visuals, great gameplay, great story, great sound, lots of replay value, all thats missing is online play. still, one of the best games of the year and a must own.
  47. FarooqA.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Simply put, the collection of best bitsfrom Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider serie, charged with pulp exoticness of Indiana Jones and garnshed with Naughty Dog's own spice of hilarious moments and their own innovations on the gameplay makes this an excellent, playable feast. The visual are second to none...the lush environments and how the jungle interacts, and sometimes reacts, is Simply put, the collection of best bitsfrom Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider serie, charged with pulp exoticness of Indiana Jones and garnshed with Naughty Dog's own spice of hilarious moments and their own innovations on the gameplay makes this an excellent, playable feast. The visual are second to none...the lush environments and how the jungle interacts, and sometimes reacts, is just flawless. You won't find such quality of animations elsewhere, write it on the stone NOW ! Expand
  48. MarkB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Engaging story and great gameplay make this a must buy title
  49. MarcelD.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Simply the most beautiful game i have played. Outplays Ratchet and Clank which was already amazing in terms of environments and atmosphere. Some scenes are just stunning (the waterfalls!) and i believe haven't been done before in a video game. Gameplay wise, it's a whole lot of fun, the cover system during gunplay feels great and you will just enjoy taking some time off Simply the most beautiful game i have played. Outplays Ratchet and Clank which was already amazing in terms of environments and atmosphere. Some scenes are just stunning (the waterfalls!) and i believe haven't been done before in a video game. Gameplay wise, it's a whole lot of fun, the cover system during gunplay feels great and you will just enjoy taking some time off wandering around in the excellent exploration sequences. The acting , the characters and the story are all excellent as well, it's a very very well crafted game... so all in all, definitely the best game i've played on the PS3 so far, a must play. Expand
  50. Warmonger
    Nov 26, 2007
    Great game! It's sort of a.... Part Tomb raider part gears of war type game. The enemies can be brutally tough and they seem to come in waves but if you use cover effectively you should have less of a problem and what a sense of accomplishment.... when you finish a fire fight whoa!. The graphics are absolutely stunning and the controls bang on,the story and music are also Great game! It's sort of a.... Part Tomb raider part gears of war type game. The enemies can be brutally tough and they seem to come in waves but if you use cover effectively you should have less of a problem and what a sense of accomplishment.... when you finish a fire fight whoa!. The graphics are absolutely stunning and the controls bang on,the story and music are also excellent.....This is definitly a must have for PS3 owners. Expand
  51. KyleS.
    Nov 26, 2007
    All around perfection, great game. All I can hope for is online play battles in the sequel
  52. Anthony
    Nov 20, 2007
    Great gameplay, stunning visuials, most fun have had on my ps3 this year.
  53. Brian
    Nov 27, 2007
    Amazing game. Right after I beat the game on normal, I was already starting a new game on hard.
  54. Jin-HoT.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Great game ! I replayed it on higher difficulty to experience the new skins, rendering modes, tougher enemy AI and also for collecting more treasures. For people who obviously rate it low without playing (like Jan below). Shame on you !
  55. JoelC.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Absolutely amazing, like playing a great hollywood action film. Game of the year for me.
  56. KyleJ.
    Dec 5, 2007
    Seriously.... this is a very very good game. From the graphics(which have been praised as the best on console to date) to the animation, story, gameplay, twist.....everything about this game is AAA.
  57. MichelS.
    Dec 5, 2007
    Marvelous gameplay, realistic graphics and movie-like cutscenes! This may be the best PS3-only game on the market!
  58. OddM,
    Dec 6, 2007
    Best game I've played this year. Engaging story, pretty graphics, and most importantly, great gameplay. I love it.
  59. DaveG.
    Dec 7, 2007
    An astonishingly beautiful game that's actually great to play. This game made up for the utter disappointment of Assassin's Creed and it better looking to boot (granted, it isn't as huge). The variety of levels and the incredible scenery combined with the challenging gameplay make this an incredible game.
  60. WalterC.
    Dec 8, 2007
    This game looks,plays,flawlessly.
  61. ErlendH.
    Dec 9, 2007
    Nicely balanced gameplay, tongue-in-cheek dialogue and above adequate story. Visually stunning! Pure fun with the occasional moments saturated with adrenalin!
  62. SephyX
    Jan 10, 2008
    Great game, on the brink of a system seller. But none the less a game that establishes the foundation for a great franchise of other games. The game plays alot like Gears of War, except simply better and alot less clunky. The storyline isnt overly complexed, which helps the games pace rather then dragging it out, the firefights are intense and challenging, and the graphics are nothing Great game, on the brink of a system seller. But none the less a game that establishes the foundation for a great franchise of other games. The game plays alot like Gears of War, except simply better and alot less clunky. The storyline isnt overly complexed, which helps the games pace rather then dragging it out, the firefights are intense and challenging, and the graphics are nothing short of stunning. To compliment these things, the game also delivers one of the more charismatic characters to hit video games in quite a while. If you dont like this game you simply dont know what quality is, or you're desperate to find a reason to rip on the PS3. Expand
  63. MauriceW.
    Jan 16, 2008
    The best ps3 game.Phenomenal graphics, awesome gameplay and an excellent story.
  64. JasonConaway
    Jan 2, 2008
    This game was the most fun I've had in a long time. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune combines awesome visuals and evocative music with exciting, challenging, and varied gameplay. This game is a must-buy if you own a PS3. My only complaints are small nit-picks. For example, you'll occasionally see "screen tearing" when the game tries to draw too much. Also, with plenty of weaponsThis game was the most fun I've had in a long time. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune combines awesome visuals and evocative music with exciting, challenging, and varied gameplay. This game is a must-buy if you own a PS3. My only complaints are small nit-picks. For example, you'll occasionally see "screen tearing" when the game tries to draw too much. Also, with plenty of weapons and ammunition at your disposal, hand-to-hand fighting is rarely necessary and so you won't do it much, but that means you'll miss some of the game's most dramatic combat animations. Finally, the game's primary source of frustration comes from difficulty with staying in "cover" or leaving it when you want. Aside from that issue, the player controls are inuitive and feel responsive. That's an impressive feat considering the fluid character animations. Expand
  65. DanishA.
    Feb 10, 2008
    Awesome graphics! A little confusing but still a game to remember in history. The story is a little boring but still the gameplay is fun and competitive.
  66. RodolfoA.
    Feb 16, 2008
    One of the best titles PS3 has to offer, a sure classic many years from now. Has the potential to become one of the most successful franchise developed by Naughty Dog.
  67. H.Algawahmed
    Feb 21, 2008
    Simply, great enjoyable game. This sets up the bar for future adventure games
  68. JeanD.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Granted, this game may be repetitive. But it isn't even THAT repetitive. They introduce new enemies and new weapons, and new difficulties of enemies as the game progresses. If this game was 100% repetitive t woulden't even be such a problem because every second of it is amazing in details and graphics. Definately worth the $60.00 and I would suggest this game to anyone who has a Ps3. You will not be disappointed. The controls and aiming and covering are fantastic. Naughty Dog has really out done themselves this time. Expand
  69. MontyG.
    Feb 3, 2008
    Some of the best cover/shooting mechanics around, with high graphical fidelity and overall polish. Cut-scenes are actually genuinely funny, a feat alone worth noting. This is a world you will want to explore and get lost in.
  70. TylerW.
    Mar 13, 2008
    One of the best games for the PS3 so far!
  71. DannA.
    Mar 5, 2008
    It's fun and hands-down the best looking game I've ever seen. My only complaint is that it's so hard to aim.
  72. Justin
    Apr 13, 2008
    One of the best adventure games ever made. Great story, gameplay, and controls. You will love Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Best visuals on a console today. Anyone that hates on this gem has the worst taste in gaming.
  73. LukeR.
    Apr 28, 2008
    One of the best games I've ever played. Great story telling, graphics and gameplay, what more do you want?
  74. ChanseW.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Despite some of the jarring comments located in this forum, Uncharted does garner a look by those interested in a solid action/adventure title. The men and women at Naughty Dog have retained their knack for solid controls as well as beautiful graphics while still enveloping the player in a tropical treasure hunt. While sometimes battles can get tedious it never becomes a chore. Despite some of the jarring comments located in this forum, Uncharted does garner a look by those interested in a solid action/adventure title. The men and women at Naughty Dog have retained their knack for solid controls as well as beautiful graphics while still enveloping the player in a tropical treasure hunt. While sometimes battles can get tedious it never becomes a chore. Furthermore, the solid grappling/climbing mechanic (somewhat reminiscent of Assassin's Creed), is cause for some 'wow' moments. Voice acting and cutscenes are well done, leading to that great summer movie feel, and Nathan Drake seems like a character that could go places. Puzzles are few and far between, and when they are encountered prove to not be quite difficult (it has to be mentioned though that this was not made to be a Riven or Myst...it's made to be filled with action). Overall a good game that has a few flaws, but is certainly worth the money and time. Expand
  75. JamesW.
    Jul 23, 2008
    Great action game, but not without drawbacks. Replay value is limited, and the gunplay can get a bit repetitive.
  76. MichaelS.
    Jul 24, 2008
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the best looking game I've played to date next to MGS4. It's visuals and gameplay, along with the environments are jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Easily one the the PS3's best titles.
  77. TomS.
    Jul 24, 2008
    A great game, with a great twist near the end.
  78. JoshP.
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is the only game i can honestly say is a 10/10 game GTA 4 is a 8.5 at best, MGS 4 is about a 9.3, CoD 4 is about a 9.6, Gears of war is about a 9.3, but THIS is 10/10 This game gets a full score in all categories, graphics, sound, story, gameplay everything i have personally played through this game at least 10 times, possibly closer to 20, and have enjoyed every second the This is the only game i can honestly say is a 10/10 game GTA 4 is a 8.5 at best, MGS 4 is about a 9.3, CoD 4 is about a 9.6, Gears of war is about a 9.3, but THIS is 10/10 This game gets a full score in all categories, graphics, sound, story, gameplay everything i have personally played through this game at least 10 times, possibly closer to 20, and have enjoyed every second the storytelling and acting in this game is on par with blockbuster movies, the characters are all believable and the storyb with all its twists and turns are excellent no game has had this effect on me ever before 10/10 in every category. Expand
  79. ps3guy
    Aug 20, 2008
    Really cool game with great graphics and fun gameplay with all the puzzle solving took me about a week to beat so you could rent it if you played it a lot and is definately one of the ps3's best games.
  80. michaelmarcus
    Nov 1, 2009
    AWSOME! so much adventure. A little slow getting started but never slows down after...keeps getting harder and more changeling. ALOT of fun!
  81. TomL
    Dec 16, 2009
    The designers of this game kept their eye on the ball: fun. That's the point of a game after all, and they hit it pretty well. There's a few spots late in the game that take away, but all in all extremely well done, and highly recommended.
  82. zachu
    May 20, 2009
    One of the only games this year i actually enjoyed. To this day uncharted is ym fav game of all time. the characters pull you in to learn more about theyr story. the story itself is like an indiana jones adventure with crazy jumps and extremely satisfying gunplay with an amazing choice of armory. the animations are top notch. graphics are MORE than top notch. every singleobject in this One of the only games this year i actually enjoyed. To this day uncharted is ym fav game of all time. the characters pull you in to learn more about theyr story. the story itself is like an indiana jones adventure with crazy jumps and extremely satisfying gunplay with an amazing choice of armory. the animations are top notch. graphics are MORE than top notch. every singleobject in this game as an amazing amount of detail. overall this game is a 10/10. its simply amazing. the twist in the game makes it even more interesting. Expand
  83. AnthonyL
    May 26, 2009
    One of the most plain fun games I've played in ages. This game is just FUN. It does the storytelling fantastically, the shooting well (although there is a little too much of it at times) and the platforming well and puzzles well. If only it lasted a little longer than the 7 hours it took for me on hard it would have got a 10 from me. Great music and acting. Amazing graphics.
  84. nijinski1
    Jul 26, 2009
    Every positive comment here is true. the one thing i'd like to emphasize further is that you cannot underestimate the value of quality voice acting and excellently presented cut scenes. it gives a movie feel to the storyline. best adventure game experience I've had since tombraider 1.
  85. JeredR.
    Sep 4, 2009
    Frankly, I very much enjoyed this game. It had everything that I would expect from Naughty Dog. The visuals are amazing, the soundtrack is as solid as it's engaging..... and the gameplay is solid for a third-person shooter of its caliber. My few large gripes about the game would come in its close-quarters combat, which was not nearly as fluid as the rest of the game. I found myself Frankly, I very much enjoyed this game. It had everything that I would expect from Naughty Dog. The visuals are amazing, the soundtrack is as solid as it's engaging..... and the gameplay is solid for a third-person shooter of its caliber. My few large gripes about the game would come in its close-quarters combat, which was not nearly as fluid as the rest of the game. I found myself wishing for Jak's spin-kick on more then one occasion. Overall, I give Uncharted its well-deserved props. As for its sequel, I have high-hopes that it takes the bar and raises it higher, as Naughty Dog has done for years. Expand
  86. CT
    Nov 18, 2007
    A truly awesome story full of epic shootouts and acrobatic platforming! This game has it all plus it shows off the PS3 capabilities like no other game has so far.
    There are no load times which help keep you entrenched in the story. The graphics will make you say WOW many many times! The Voice acting is the best I have ever experienced in a video game and you will develop a true interest in all of the charactors.

Overall, this is the best game released on the PS3 so far (Rachett and Clank Future is a close second) and promises to be a classic! Naughty Dog should be praised for making such a solid game that truly is a next gen experience!
  87. E
    Nov 19, 2007
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay, especially during shootouts, is phenominal.
  88. EduardoR.
    Nov 19, 2007
    This is a true next gen game. Breathtaking graphics, great game mechanics, excellent controls. This is a must buy game for any PS3 owner.
  89. JoeD.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Excellent game, gameplay, stoyry, graphics, sound. It's an overall great experience.
  90. MarcB.
    Nov 20, 2007
    The game is incredible. it incorporates parts of many games that i love, such as the tactical shooter aspect of rainbow six (along with the gruelling difficulty), and the wonderful puzzle/platforming, reminiscent of prince of persia and god of war. I really think that microsoft is paying off companies to review this game negatively: for example, gamestop argued that the enemies were hard The game is incredible. it incorporates parts of many games that i love, such as the tactical shooter aspect of rainbow six (along with the gruelling difficulty), and the wonderful puzzle/platforming, reminiscent of prince of persia and god of war. I really think that microsoft is paying off companies to review this game negatively: for example, gamestop argued that the enemies were hard to beat. the enemies were hard to beat in ninja gaiden, too! but that was a good thing about the game! another thing, this game is MUCH better than games such as halo and gears of war, but they gut much, much better reviews. not cool. Expand
  91. DeeC.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This game is absolutely amazing, the graphics are second to none.. Sensational! And it plays extremely well, Thumbs up to Naughty Dog!!!
  92. KaranM.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Very fun, polished and excellent graphics, Introduces nothing new or ground breaking, but it does what is does almost to perfection
  93. D.Vid.
    Nov 22, 2007
    Best graphics for consoles great sound effects, great orchestral music, superb voice acting best animations so far gameplay is fun, fast, action packed.
  94. LeeW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This is the best game I have played in many, many years. Possibly the best game I've ever played, I'll have to see how long that opinion sticks though. Great action, amazing graphics, good variety of gameplay. Anyone ranking this below an 8.5 did not play the same game I did.
  95. MatthewS.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Best game I've played all year, it's a game you can easily play through again to unlock things because it's fun and it doesn't feel like a chore, which most games leave behind.
  96. BrendonR.
    Nov 27, 2007
    Stunning! Graphics are top notch, the action is great, controls are tight. It feels like you're playing an "Indianna Jones" style movie. Also, unlike many recent games, its not over in 8 hours. Best reason to own a PS3 yet.
  97. Darren
    Nov 27, 2007
    Honestly one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's beautiful, entertaining, challenging, but not to the point of being frustrating. I thought Tomb Raider was one of the worst games I've ever played and was afraid that this would have the same frustrating jumping sequences and it doesn't. It has its flaws. Times where it's hard to see around a corner, Honestly one of the best games I've played in a long time. It's beautiful, entertaining, challenging, but not to the point of being frustrating. I thought Tomb Raider was one of the worst games I've ever played and was afraid that this would have the same frustrating jumping sequences and it doesn't. It has its flaws. Times where it's hard to see around a corner, or some odd camera angles, but I'm more than willing to forgive them in this game. This is the first game I haven't been able to stop playing since God of War II. Thoroughly enjoyable. Expand
  98. JasonC.
    Nov 28, 2007
    This is by far the best game this year. With wonderful visuals, great gameplay, decent story and a crap ton of unlockables for replay value. If I had time make any complaints, its that Uncharted does NOT have multiplayer or even co-op which now and days should be a highly important part of gameplay fixed in. The worst part about that it seems it would have been easy to code it in cause in This is by far the best game this year. With wonderful visuals, great gameplay, decent story and a crap ton of unlockables for replay value. If I had time make any complaints, its that Uncharted does NOT have multiplayer or even co-op which now and days should be a highly important part of gameplay fixed in. The worst part about that it seems it would have been easy to code it in cause in multiple parts of the game, you are joined by one or even two other characters. My only other complaint is the lack of different locaitions (which isn't a horrible thing), but for the most part in the game you are really in a jungle or ruins, which gets kind of old. I think the next one will be even better. One thing I hear alot is "The combat is to frustraiting" which is the case, but you can get good at it (even enough that Deathmatch might be in the next one). All and all 9/10, I hope for multiplayer next time. Expand
  99. James
    Dec 10, 2007
    Beautiful graphics, fluid gameplay and spot on acting make this game the best I've played on the platform... and that includes Call of Duty 4. A must buy!
  100. MattD.
    Dec 1, 2007
    The very best I've played this generation. Great pacing so far and a bloody U Boat in a waterfall.. Boys own stuff!

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.