• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.2

1. Apr 8, 2015
    The first time I saw Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, it did not seem anything special: a fun game, but nothing more. With the release of the second chapter, however, and the acclamation that it begat, I decided to try a demo with my own hands and suddenly I started to like the game, and a lot. I'm glad it happened.

The plot of Uncharted is not one of the most original, but it was nice. I

The plot of Uncharted is not one of the most original, but it was nice. I found references to Indiana Jones and to the many legends around the myth of El Dorado and Sir Francis Drake, a great theme on which to develop a story, in which among other twists certainly didn't lack. I liked all the characters, but it is clear how everything revolves around Nathan Drake who has a charisma and a personality that I liked it right away. There wasn't still a strong cinematographic inspiration, but the game came very close to it.

The gameplay of Uncharted was quite simple, that one of a common third-person shooter, but it also had something of its own. The controls were comfortable, the roofing system, very important, it worked very well. Very beautiful and elaborate free-climbing sequences, and it was fun to use the jeep and the watercraft. The melee combat were fine, although I noted some clumsy movements. The AI ​​of the enemies was good, but sometimes unrealistic and improvable. I must admit that among the three chapters, this is the one with the highest level of difficulty.

The graphic was great, the result of a careful study of the technical possibilities of the PlayStation 3, but this was only the beginning of what was really possible to do.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is not a perfect game, and it has its limitations. But it is the starting point for what would come next, and as such starting point was completely a success. Naughty Dog has shown its ability.
  2. Apr 6, 2015
    Drake's Fortune is a game that is a rarity, with many tepid first person shooters, CoD games and big budget titles coming in and out, it is DEFINATLEY a classic and one of the best games on PS3. Uncharted kills some next gen games, the graphics are jaw droppingly AMAZING. The slow burn thrills, and the action packed set pieces are great. Many games borrow the adventure and plat formingDrake's Fortune is a game that is a rarity, with many tepid first person shooters, CoD games and big budget titles coming in and out, it is DEFINATLEY a classic and one of the best games on PS3. Uncharted kills some next gen games, the graphics are jaw droppingly AMAZING. The slow burn thrills, and the action packed set pieces are great. Many games borrow the adventure and plat forming elements Uncharted pulls off with great ease. It's a game that Naughty Dog should remake on the PS4, and with the PS Now subscription now available, we can play Drake's Fortune as a HD Remastered version on the new hardware! If you haven't experianced Uncharted before, that would be a nice chance to play the game on new consoles, or just get a PS3! ;) Expand
  3. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.

For its time, this game is a 10/10. Looking back, it is still a 9/10 and led the way to the amazing Uncharted series and The Last of Us.
  4. Feb 9, 2015
    A little frustrating game, but it's still a very good looker (considering it is 2007) and has a simple yet entertaining gameplay. It's not a masterpiece at all, however, and it is far behind both Uncharted 2 and 3.
  5. Feb 2, 2015
    Almost a good game. Graphics are good but confusing. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between background decoration and interactable ledges. Gun play gets frustrating towards the end. Aiming is slow and when you're surrounded by melee enemies, there's no way you can react fast enough. Naughty Dog might think that it's a good way to increase game lenght by making the players doAlmost a good game. Graphics are good but confusing. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between background decoration and interactable ledges. Gun play gets frustrating towards the end. Aiming is slow and when you're surrounded by melee enemies, there's no way you can react fast enough. Naughty Dog might think that it's a good way to increase game lenght by making the players do things that are not really working with game mechanics.
    Still, it's an interesting game with somewhat illogical level design.
  6. Jan 22, 2015
    Uncharted one is a awesome game. This game had great dialogue, fun and interesting gameplay, it also has a cool setting and unique characters. This game is a classic
  7. Jan 17, 2015
    Although the game shows its age, Uncharted is still a strong start to a fantastic adventure franchise. Nathan Drake is the modern Indiana Jones in just about every sense of the word.

8.5/10
  8. Jan 11, 2015
    The gameplay isn't good at all. The gunplay is absolutely terrible. The graphics are pretty bad. The parts of the game where the cursed people pop up are probably the worst part of any game I've ever had to play. I can create a better game on the toilet then this thing. It should've been flushed the moment this idea came out. They shouldn't have been allowed to receive one award for anyThe gameplay isn't good at all. The gunplay is absolutely terrible. The graphics are pretty bad. The parts of the game where the cursed people pop up are probably the worst part of any game I've ever had to play. I can create a better game on the toilet then this thing. It should've been flushed the moment this idea came out. They shouldn't have been allowed to receive one award for any game until this one was erased from the world. Stay away from this terrible thing. Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2015
    Indiana Jones light. I love this type of exotic adventure, the ancient treasure hunt, some mystique thrown in and charismatic hunter in the lead. That's why I love Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Nathan Drake is not as sympathetic or cool as Indiana, nor is he as sexy as Lara Croft, but he still gets the job done. The closest to Uncharted are probably first two Tomb Raiders and IndianaIndiana Jones light. I love this type of exotic adventure, the ancient treasure hunt, some mystique thrown in and charismatic hunter in the lead. That's why I love Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Nathan Drake is not as sympathetic or cool as Indiana, nor is he as sexy as Lara Croft, but he still gets the job done. The closest to Uncharted are probably first two Tomb Raiders and Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine, both better than this. The problem with Uncharted is that it soon turns into a shooting fest and that kills the game basically. Most of the time you're just shooting waves and waves of enemies, it doesn't even make sense, they just keep magically appearing where it suits them, one moment there is an empty room, you make one step and suddenly the room is filled with 10 bastardos. Wave after wave after wave, it gets boring pretty soon and annoying soon after that. The clunky combat mechanics and often bad camera doesn't help either. If the game was more focused on the exploration, the story and the mysteries ala Indiana Jones and less on shooting, it would be much better. Hopefully Naughty Dog learned from their mistakes and improved this in the next Uncharted chapters, I'm going to play all of them in order soon, so we will see. So far, this is a promising start, a bit overrated, but that's usually the case with Naughty Dog games, so I'm keeping my expectations fairly low and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with the next Uncharted title. 6/10 Expand
  10. Dec 29, 2014
    Design problems aside, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune creates a great cinematic experience through video game format, full of high tension action and adventure and a really likeable protagonist.
  11. Dec 19, 2014
    I didn´t played the other parts so far, so was the best action-platformer i played up to this point! Great and interesting story, good graphics (even for its age) and a likeable and charming main character. Only the gunplay felt a little bit clunky. You can get it for like 5€ so you should definitely give it a try!
  12. Nov 19, 2014
    I played this game like less then a year ago. I was a blast. I really enjoyed it. I bought the PS3 last black friday 2013 and got the game as well. Amazing graphics for such an old game. I havent moved on to the second game yet but I do own it. Im sad that my friends made me buy Xbox One so I wont get to play the newest one for quite some time. 10/10
  13. Nov 9, 2014
    An adventure that awakens the feeling is watching those summer blockbuster, looks a lot like an Indiana Jones movie, which is seen by the fact, was actually based on that. Uncharted proves an effective game, his story is ok, its interesting characters and scenarios your drives in a game that stuck for a good story, frenetic action and fun.
  14. Nov 6, 2014
    The first game to resemble a Hollywood blockbuster. Stunning graphics, great story, one of the best cast of characters in video games and solid action help start one of the greatest franchises of the 7th console generation. Even if the gunplay can get unfair, and that the game doesn't have much replay value, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not experiencing "Drake's Fortune" andThe first game to resemble a Hollywood blockbuster. Stunning graphics, great story, one of the best cast of characters in video games and solid action help start one of the greatest franchises of the 7th console generation. Even if the gunplay can get unfair, and that the game doesn't have much replay value, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not experiencing "Drake's Fortune" and the rest of the "Uncharted" Series.

For the full review, check out "BathroomGamers" on YouTube :)
  15. Nov 3, 2014
    Fue el mejor juego de PS3 en sus inicios y a día de hoy sigue siendo uno de los mejores. Una aventura muy divertida con una buena trama, con un protagonista genial y unos secundarios a la altura y todo con unos gráficos muy buenos que, aunque hayan sido superados por sus secuelas, marcó una diferencia entre lo que podíamos ver en una PS2 y una PS3. Imprescindible si se tiene PS3.
  16. Oct 30, 2014
    Well if you can excuse me for a bit, I am going to describe it simply as a worse "Uncharted 2". In every aspect, the game is just quite noticeable downgrade from Uncharted 2 (apologies again, but I just played "Unch.2" first). The game-play is problematic and it's harder to make Drake take the actions I want; the story is a bit simpler and the atmosphere and locations/graphics are notWell if you can excuse me for a bit, I am going to describe it simply as a worse "Uncharted 2". In every aspect, the game is just quite noticeable downgrade from Uncharted 2 (apologies again, but I just played "Unch.2" first). The game-play is problematic and it's harder to make Drake take the actions I want; the story is a bit simpler and the atmosphere and locations/graphics are not quite there yet. If you played "Uncharted 2" I don't recommend this (unless you don't have anything else on the table). Overall the game is quite alright as a single title. Expand
  17. Oct 28, 2014
    Pros:
    -Slick presentation
    -Likable cast -Challenging even on easy -Exciting gameplay. -Parkcore ala Prince of Persia Cons -monotonous gameplay. Walk to in a room. Baddies infest room. Kill them. Second wave of baddies -It's challenging even on easy. -In the parkcore parts sometimes you don't notice a ledge and get stuck -Camera can be frustrating at times as it moves to a more
    Pros:
    -Slick presentation
    -Likable cast
    -Challenging even on easy
    -Exciting gameplay.
    -Parkcore ala Prince of Persia

Cons
    -It's challenging even on easy.
    -In the parkcore parts sometimes you don't notice a ledge and get stuck
    -Camera can be frustrating at times as it moves to a more cinematic angle

Conclusion: Big, shiny, and polished but the gameplay can sometimes get in the way of the enjoyment. Would still recommend it though, especially if you are more seasoned with 3rd person shooters.
  18. Oct 19, 2014
    A very entertaining game. Not always perfect in the gameplay, but very good with the story and characters. It is actually good that this one was not as memorable as the other games because it made U2 all the more perfect.
  19. Sep 14, 2014
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a really good game. The story is interesting as characters. Environments could have been a little more change, and the story could have been a bit longer. In any case, overall very good game, the atmosphere remains good all the time.

If you like the story of the games, for this you definitely need to play.
  20. Sep 2, 2014
    In a nutshell, this is Tomb raider: Guy edition.

But regardless of its obvious inspiration, Uncharted manages to be its own thing as well. Following in the spirit of adventure movies of the 80's similar to Indiana Jones, Jewel of the Nile, Sahara, etc. The story is a little generic which is typical of its style, and aside from Drake the other characters aren't really explored that
    In a nutshell, this is Tomb raider: Guy edition.

The story is a little generic which is typical of its style, and aside from Drake the other characters aren't really explored that thoroughly. Still Drake is utterly likable and is very charming. It's understandable why he's become such a gaming Icon.

Visually, for a 2007 game, not bad. Still a bit rough around the edges but for the time impressive.

Gameplay is really were this game feels like Tomb raider, except better. Combat is alright, could be improved upon. Stealth is almost non existent, even though it should be possible. Platforming in general is done pretty well, but the camera angles do leave a bit to be desired at times.

Overall:
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a great start to a great franchise. Obviously a little rough around the edges, but for what it is and when it came out, a great game.
  21. Aug 19, 2014
    An absolutely visually and mechanically brilliant game, Uncharted offers a great story, with engaging combat and puzzles as well. The story is one of the best In years; it's full of twists and turns, and makes you feel for the characters. The combat is impressive, with great shooting, but the melee is awful. It feels like a QTE, which isn't that fun. The puzzles feel very well composed,An absolutely visually and mechanically brilliant game, Uncharted offers a great story, with engaging combat and puzzles as well. The story is one of the best In years; it's full of twists and turns, and makes you feel for the characters. The combat is impressive, with great shooting, but the melee is awful. It feels like a QTE, which isn't that fun. The puzzles feel very well composed, yet frustratingly hard at some points. Overall, not as good as its sequels, but a great game nonetheless. A must buy for anybody who appreciates an excellent story. Expand
  22. Aug 12, 2014
    It is definitely the worst Uncharted launched on PS3. But still, it is Uncharted with nice characters and decent story. I am glad that Naughty Dog improved all aspects of the game and made brilliant sequels, Uncharted 2 & 3.
  23. Aug 11, 2014
    I found the game a little bit irritating at times as you're involved in a shoot-out every five seconds, and are out numbered the majority of the time. But I did like the story and had a lot of fun playing it.
  24. Aug 8, 2014
    Drake's Fortune is hard, but rewarding and fun. It's basically parkour meets guns meets Nathan Drake. Nolan North does a great job as always. A must-play classic.
  25. Jul 25, 2014
    So drakes fortune was to be killed by zombies ex Nazis....worst story ever really let me down. Only for American kids...Wasted my money on this bullsh1t...
  26. Jul 19, 2014
    Its basically a Tomb Raider game with a male protagonist , but they added some cover based gun mechanics to the mixture, while reducing the puzzle factor a bit... TBH this is the way it appeals to me, keeping it simple, no need to think about puzzles for more than 5-10 minutes, quick progression trough the story, and nice graphics and controls. Even my girlfriend loved it!! so now I cantIts basically a Tomb Raider game with a male protagonist , but they added some cover based gun mechanics to the mixture, while reducing the puzzle factor a bit... TBH this is the way it appeals to me, keeping it simple, no need to think about puzzles for more than 5-10 minutes, quick progression trough the story, and nice graphics and controls. Even my girlfriend loved it!! so now I cant play with the 2., and 3rd episode until she comes back so we can play together. its a great adventure game, but not a 10 pointer because of the vast amount of cliches, not too original characters, and a tiny bit repetitive sections, and world. Expand
  27. Jul 15, 2014
    Uncharted is a fun and well made game, well worth playing through for almost any gamer. It'll take most less than 10 hours to play though, but those hours are filled with capable and fun third person shooting, cinematic platforming, and the occasional puzzle which is all very reminiscent of the older Tomb Raider games or films like National Treasure or The Mummy. The storyline is prettyUncharted is a fun and well made game, well worth playing through for almost any gamer. It'll take most less than 10 hours to play though, but those hours are filled with capable and fun third person shooting, cinematic platforming, and the occasional puzzle which is all very reminiscent of the older Tomb Raider games or films like National Treasure or The Mummy. The storyline is pretty much par-for-the-course, taking no real risks while remaining well written and paced for what it is; containing memorable characters who I enjoyed my time with. Cut scenes establish motive and set the scene without feeling too drawn out. All in all, this is a solid game that doesn't overstay it's welcome. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or special about it, but well crafted and enjoyable with nothing beyond the most superficial of flaws. I'd recommend this to most gamers. Expand
  28. Jul 11, 2014
    AMAZING GAME, but slightly not as good as Uncharted 3. This game has great locations and graphics, and the two combined provide a great gaming experience. The game also has very like able characters. You won't get bored even after finishing it 3-4 times. Only problem is that it is a bit too difficult - especially on Hard, and Crushing difficulties.
  29. Jun 30, 2014
    I love the humour (Drake is such a cool character), the cover shooting gameplay and the story, however it was a little short. The sequels are superior but this is still highly recommended.
  30. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only game that has made me destroy the PS3 controller twice. Don't play it!!!!!!
    The irritation due to the steering + the camera changing angles all the time when you are climbing that makes you fall and die when you want to jump makes this game 0/10.
    There are some places, kind of often, when you start at a doorway and have to fight 10 enemies and all the enemies tosses grenades at you and you have nowhere to run because it wont allow you to go back, and forward you will die because they will kill you in a few shots, 0/10.
    The gun can kill a person in one shot, but the AK needs at least 20 shots to kill a person, even the Uzi is better than a AK. Tossing grenades at enemies don't kill them unless you have shot them first, 0/10
    Story is kind of good, but because this game is completely unplayable otherwise: 0/10
  31. Jun 20, 2014
    A perfect mixture of Tomb raider and Prince of Persia. Addictive game that forces you to play it until you pass it. Combats are dynamic and occasionally pretty hard.
    Graphics are a bit outdated, yet still beautiful, but what the hell, it is a 2007. game.
    I truly hope that the later series are at least equally good as is this one.
  32. Jun 6, 2014
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a 2007 action-adventure video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by SCEA, as a PS3 exclusive.

Anyway, let's begin... Story: UDF follows the adventures of the modern-day treasure hunter, Nathan "Nate" Drake, who believes himself to be related to the famous sailor, Sir Francis Drake. UDF begins with Ntae and a journalist by the name Elena Fisher

Anyway, let's begin...

Story: UDF follows the adventures of the modern-day treasure hunter, Nathan "Nate" Drake, who believes himself to be related to the famous sailor, Sir Francis Drake. UDF begins with Ntae and a journalist by the name Elena Fisher finding Sir Franky's coffin, discovering thathe has faked his death in order to continue his search the the treasure El Dorado. Shortly **** hits the fan and our heroes find themselves fighting against pirates and mercenaries who are also searching for the golden treasure. Now, if you couldn't tell, UDF basically takes elements from other action-adventure, treasure hunting storylines *cough* Indiana Jones! *cough* But, while not being original, the plot features excellent dialogues and believable characters. It's a very cinematic experience with some truly spectecular set-pieces, not to mention that the game knows when to take itself seriously, and when to take itsrlf silly. It won't be remembered for its story, but at least it has enough heart to set it apart from other, cliched, dick-riding action games 9/10

Graphics: Using ND's own in-house engine, UDF is a beautifully detailed game that looks superb even to this day (2014). It's a great example of the PS3's power and a solid stepping stone for other visually stunning exclusives. The game's suffers from a few hiccups here and there, though. 9.5/10

Sound: The soundtrack was composed by Greg Edmonson (also composed the sequels' soundtracks), and I don't have any major complaints about it. Many of the tracks use drums, which is very fitting for the whole 'treasure hunting' theme of the game, especially the main theme and an OST called "Sir Francis Drake" (a very sad, yet beautiful piece of music). The voice acting is nothing short of greatness, with everyone's favorite-to-mock actor, Nolan North as Drake. Special mentions go to James Sie and Simon Templeman as antagonists Eddy Raja and Gabriel Roman. 9/10

Gameplay: UDF is a third-person shooter with elements of puzzles and platforming. Oh, and a bit of stealth but it's kind of **** Anyway, most of the time you end up in gunfights against large mobs of dudes and use cover and physical combat when necessary. Overall, the combat is satisfying but can be a bit complicated at times, aspecially during combos and stealth; doing those punching combos can be tiring - "why the hell can't I simply ninja-kick that dude to sky?" I asked myself. The there is the stealth; sure, they improved it in U2 and U3, but in this game that mechanic can be a total douchebag. Throughout five years of owning and playing this game,I could use stealth only something like five times: not because I hate stealth, but because it's hard to use it! In stead, Drake seems to favor punching guys from behind, leading to me being massacred by the pirate's buddies. Back to the good bits of the gameplay: the platforming - I really enjoy the fact how flexible and fast the platforming is, rarely feels clunky. The puzzles are another good thing, as they require both brains and brawn to solve them; they won't make you any smarter, but thankfully never feel too dumbed-down. 8.5/10

Lasting Appeal: UDF takes somewhere from 6-to-12 hours to finish, a solid length for a single-player only game. Then you can look for treasures (collectables) and unlock new bonuses such as unlimited ammo, new skins for Drake and some other twists. 7/10

Final Verdict: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is not Naughty Dog's best. A solid stepping stone for its sequels, the game nevertheless suffers from some gameplay mechanics that can be infuriating at times, though those are often overshadowed by solid gunplay/platforming/puzzles and high production values.
    Final score: 8.6/10
    Recommendation: "Rent it", for all it is, it's great, but lacks enough content to give it a full recommendation, and the gameplay is not good enough to cover it's length. Rent a copy and check, because it's still worth a few hours of playing, but buy it only if you love it.
  33. May 22, 2014
    Drake's Fortune is a very ambitious game. It plays out like a summer blockbuster with a high-concept story, lovable characters, strong acting, and exciting set pieces.
  34. Mar 23, 2014
    This Game Is..... AWESOME!, The Graphics Are Amazing, The Gameplay Is Fun, The Story Is Steady And Epic, The Characters Are Really Interesting (Except For Elena She's Annoying Because She Always Stands In My Way When I'm Shooting) All In All A Visionary Game And A Must Own For The PS3.
  35. Mar 21, 2014
    One of the best games ever. Exciting, thrilling, heart-racing and incredibly funny. There is never a dull moment in the story narrative. Each character is well thought-out and the writing is very good. But i wish they had given an option to use stealth at least in some situations. But it does not affect the gaming experience in any way.
  36. Mar 19, 2014
    I recently played this game because of all the uncharted hype over the years and my friend who never games and camps in COD liked this series. So I gave it a try and thought it would be a good idea but as a gamer boy was I flat out wrong. This was I believe the WORST adventure game I have ever played in my entire life. The reasons for it being terrible are that the game is basically a noI recently played this game because of all the uncharted hype over the years and my friend who never games and camps in COD liked this series. So I gave it a try and thought it would be a good idea but as a gamer boy was I flat out wrong. This was I believe the WORST adventure game I have ever played in my entire life. The reasons for it being terrible are that the game is basically a no fun grind, and I found myself screaming at the game half way into it, "PLEASE JUST END I DONT WANT TO PLAY YOU ANYMORE!" but im not going to not finish a game.....So the reasons its bad is that in the game do the same thing over and over again, you jump here jump there jump here jump there jump here, shoot this guy in 2 seconds then repeat about 900 times till the game ends it was sooooo borrrrinnggg. Not to mention the scenary is terrrible is the same dam setting the whole game. you start in the jungle and then about 7 hours of going in a straight line jumping over a rock and under a ledge and over a rock and under a ledge, all by the way looks the same nothing interesting or unique going on at all in the game, you finally start fighting these zombie guys and all the levels are now "dark like jungle levels" its incredibly reeettarrded, and the story makes noooo sense its sooo upsetting. THe only thing positive about this game is the graphics are spectacular but the problem is is that nothing fun or interesting happens ever in the game you just repeatedly go in a straight line juping over rocks and you shoot 1 guy and continue its soooo stupid please never play this game it was torchure......I feel like the game only got good reviews because it was the first platform on the PS3 and the graphics were good, and i think a lot of new gamers that never played video games before tried it and becuase they never played a game before how were they supposed to now it wasnt actually good at all. So there you go, the worst adventure game I have ever played in my life, please dont play this game. Expand
  37. Mar 18, 2014
    I'm honestly a bit on the fence about this one. I just recently got my PS3, And due to the bundle I got I played Uncharted 3 before playing through this one, And I must say, Unlike Uncharted 3, This one fails to amaze me.

This game has extremely floaty controls if you ask me, Sometimes doing a long leap across to where you need to go, And other times just doing the most pitiful jump straight off the edge causing you to have to redo the past five minutes again. The checkpoint locations annoyed me constantly, considering I just occasionally died due to controls not quite responding the way I expected them to, Or just because a guy spawned behind me with a shotgun towards the end of the fight, It starts to become a bit absurd to me. For this type of game, The sheer amount of enemies you have to fight is staggering, Often doing something towards the end of the fight like a guy with a grenade launcher just shooting you in the face causing you to refight the past 20 enemies due to no mid-way checkpoints, If you're a casual gamer you will find yourself redoing a large amount of fights even playing on normal. You seem to take far more damage in this game (Or you have lower health).

I got extremely frustrated during the generator section against the descendants where you kill about 12 or so in a fairly short time, One spawns to the side, No big deal after you get used to where they spawn, Then you have to run towards a lever, One more guy will jump out at you, no big deal and you hit the lever. Then about 10 more will be in the room you just came from, No checkpoints at all, If you get hit twice you will have to redo both these sections, But then to add to this segment, There's another lever you have to make your way towards, Where once again there's one guy protecting it, easy peasey, And you pull the lever. When you make your way back to the main room once again, You then have to deal with roughly 20 - 30 of these guys coming in groups of three. Again, Getting hit twice will kill you, And they leave you with no checkpoints at all. You then have to take your time to redo easily 50+ monsters again, It is a bit annoying to me. The mechanics just aren't well thought out enough for this type of thing to be enjoyable. There's a way to roll, But even rolling as they swing at you, You still get hit.

The voice acting is just generally average, Sometimes being pretty awful, Though a lot of games seem to fail at that aspect so I can't hold that against them too much. The sounds of the environment however are quite good, With plenty of decent audio ques to go off of. The graphics are also impressive for the time period the game was made, I have no complaints about them what-so-ever. I do have an issue with how easily found the treasures were, I found 50 of them in my first playthrough without spending much time to really look for them.

Overall, The story is intriguing and generally fun, Though predictable, The ledge jumps and just overall clumsiness feel of the character could be vastly improved, And the waves of enemies could be shorter or more checkpoints should have been added to compensate for the average gamer, Or even smoothing out the battle mechanics so this isn't as big of an issue. I will have to agree with the negative reviews on enemies amounts and overall bad controls, I've certainly found those comments to be true. If it wasn't for those issues, This game would easily get an eight or even more.

And no, I'm not bad at shooters by any means, The only genre I really play all consist of shooters, I just don't agree with their decisions on some of the mechanics and spawning mechanics, As they could be so much better.I also should mention the fights are generally dull and generic as well, There's really not that much that's incredibly fun about them, It's just basic, boring, sub-standard shooting.
  38. Mar 5, 2014
    This game has a lot a hype behind it. Going into it, I was told Uncharted would be one of the greatest games I would play. Unfortunately it never really lived up to the hype. The game has a great story, interesting characters, and a cool setting. The issue is the gameplay. The third person shooting mechanics aren't that interesting. After playing games like Vanquish, I really can'tThis game has a lot a hype behind it. Going into it, I was told Uncharted would be one of the greatest games I would play. Unfortunately it never really lived up to the hype. The game has a great story, interesting characters, and a cool setting. The issue is the gameplay. The third person shooting mechanics aren't that interesting. After playing games like Vanquish, I really can't appreciate the shooting in Uncharted. Occasionally the fights get really difficult. However, it's not difficult in a fun way like Dark Souls. It's just a pain in the ass.
    However, the game as a whole is actually pretty good. I'd recommend it.
  39. Feb 23, 2014
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was the first game acclaimed developer Naughty Dog made for the PlayStation 3. It's also their first game to contain realistic settings rather than a fantasy setting. However gameplay wise, it contains elements of both their early platform games like Crash Bandicoot, along with the third-person shooter elements from their Jak and Daxter series. The game kicksUncharted: Drake's Fortune was the first game acclaimed developer Naughty Dog made for the PlayStation 3. It's also their first game to contain realistic settings rather than a fantasy setting. However gameplay wise, it contains elements of both their early platform games like Crash Bandicoot, along with the third-person shooter elements from their Jak and Daxter series. The game kicks you into the shoes of fortune hunter Nathan Drake (voiced by Nolan North) searching for El Dorado in the Pacific Islands. The game is still one of the most gorgeous-looking games of the past six years. The character models look kind of dated now, but the cinematic moments are still breathtaking even to this day. Expand
  40. Feb 17, 2014
    meh. drake's first adventure is a pretty mediocre one. the gameplay has some pretty fun platforming and puzzles but it focuses too much on the 3rd person shooter gameplay which wasn't very interesting to begin with. the plot though isn't anything groundbreaking or super complex, it is still quite entertaining and is full of loveable characters. the presentation is also quite good but themeh. drake's first adventure is a pretty mediocre one. the gameplay has some pretty fun platforming and puzzles but it focuses too much on the 3rd person shooter gameplay which wasn't very interesting to begin with. the plot though isn't anything groundbreaking or super complex, it is still quite entertaining and is full of loveable characters. the presentation is also quite good but the character models do look kinda awful. Expand
  41. Feb 14, 2014
    Hello folks , can anyone plz tell me how to get passed the compas statues! As I have tried everything possible and am really enjoying the game and it's just stressing me out!
  42. Feb 3, 2014
    Story: 8 out of 10, Graphics: 9 out of 10, Fun: 5 out of 10, Controls: 7 out of 10, Ease to Learn: 7 out of 10, Length: 8 out of 10, Re-play: 3 out of 10, Value: 6 out of 10

Too much platforming; can you climb this, jump here, scurry there, timing, climb, jump, scury, timing, platform, platform, platform... geez, more platforming?! aihhhhhhhhh, the excessive platforming killed the game for me!
  43. Feb 2, 2014
    I really like the Uncharted series and I have played the first one more than the others. For me there is something special about the whole series and especially the first game in the series. Technically Uncharted 2 was probably the best but I find it difficult to choose between them.

So what do I like about it? Well it is a simple game really, you go down a pre-determined path or storyline. The storyline therefore needs to be good and it is. The characters are great and are memorable, unlike so many other games out there. There are parts of exploration and some simple puzzles (the puzzles are too easy really as the game effectively tells you the answer), third person shooting etc. The game uses a cover system similar to Gears of War on the 360 if you have ever played that. Overall it all works well. I have to mention the graphics and scenery which create the whole atmosphere of this game. There are plenty of moments in the game where you will just take a moment to look at the scenery. Graphics for an early ps3 game are brilliant and the surroundings and scenery amazing at times. This all adds to the experience of what is one of the best ps3 games in my opinion.

Reading some reviews, others seem to think this is the worst of Uncharted series of the ps3. The first game does not have any multiplayer and is solely the single player campaign. Personally I don't buy Uncharted to play online anyway so if it remained solely single player this would not have bothered me. Thankfully when they did introduce multiplayer for Uncharted 2 it did not detract from the single player experience at all.

So what can I say bad (or what others could see as bad) about the game. Well it is nit picking as I obviously like the game overall. It is a "linear" game in that you follow the storyline and a set path. Don't expect an open world like GTA or Far Cry for example. This is not really a negative for me, as it works for this game. There are a few moments where Nate will fail to make a jump multiple times (one particular moment I am thinking of where you are swinging and jumping between ropes) which obviously can become frustrating. Nate can occasionally become stuck on the cover system or it will go into cover when you are attempting to roll etc, again nothing major. Towards the end of the game it kind of loses realism as you are fighting non-humans for the firs time. This was a negative for me as I generally like to keep an element of realism where possible.

However this is a great game and Uncharted is a great series. All games in the series are among the best games on the ps3. Played this through multiple times and definitely one to keep in my collection. I only keep hold of the better games I play and this is certainly one of them.

Overall I give 8.9/10 (rounded to 9/10)
  44. Jan 19, 2014
    The start to possibly my second favorite series behind The Legend of Zelda. Great story, great gameplay, great writing, and amazing cinematics. Some really memorable moments, and characters overall 9/10.
  45. Jan 15, 2014
    After a long time I finally got this game and got to try it out!
    After a long time I finally got this game and got to try it out!
    It is very special game, I think it was a awesome story and awesome platforming game but the shooting was just to repetitive and I got bored with every corner with tha bad shooting style, I did compare it to The last of us so that part was my problem but still I found this game on my mind weeks after i finished it so it is really NOT a bad game it is a great game but I found it boring after a while with the "shooting" parts of the game. I would give it 7,5/10
  46. Jan 9, 2014
    Game has good production value. The graphics are amazing for the year it came out. Music, sound, and voice acting are all good. What really takes the game down is they sub-par story and the extremely repetitive game play. An hour in and you have seen all there is to offer in terms of game play and the game gets very stale as you wind your way though gun fight after gun fight. VeryGame has good production value. The graphics are amazing for the year it came out. Music, sound, and voice acting are all good. What really takes the game down is they sub-par story and the extremely repetitive game play. An hour in and you have seen all there is to offer in terms of game play and the game gets very stale as you wind your way though gun fight after gun fight. Very repetitive and borderline boring. That said, there is a lot to grow on here (which is probably why the sequels are rated higher) I can definitely see the impact this style of game has had on others like Tomb Raider and The Last of Us (yes I know the later is the same company). Worth playing but not only for those interested in its influence not its fun factor. Expand
  47. Jan 4, 2014
    The biggest con of this game is the health and stupidity of the Al. I mean you cant kill them with 4 AK-47 bullets to the chest. But I must say the mechanics and the story is very good. This is a game that is worth to buy.
  48. Jan 3, 2014
    Definitely not one of the best games on the PS3, but one of the better. Creative storytelling and amazing design have this story fit out. The graphics are sharp and make the jungles come to life, and the movements of people are also amazing. Voicing acting did an outstanding job, and Nolan North may be one of the best voice actors. There is no online play, but trophies may keep youDefinitely not one of the best games on the PS3, but one of the better. Creative storytelling and amazing design have this story fit out. The graphics are sharp and make the jungles come to life, and the movements of people are also amazing. Voicing acting did an outstanding job, and Nolan North may be one of the best voice actors. There is no online play, but trophies may keep you playing. After the campaign though, there is really nothing left to do. Overall Naughty Dog showed they could bring that slickness from the PS2 to the PS3. This Game is Superb. Expand
  49. Jan 2, 2014
    FOR A 2007 year game.. this is awesome...i played this game and fell in love with the script... amazing plot.. only thing, its a small game, gets over quickly.....
  50. Jan 1, 2014
    played this last out of the uncharted trilogy, so I can't really give a unbiased review as if I were playing a new ip back in 2007, but it was a good not great,but fun with a little but of everything here and there game. we all know how this series turned out so it's all good.
  51. Dec 31, 2013
    This is one of those simply enjoyable games. It feels like you're pushing a good movie forward. I liked the environment and the characters were fun. I took away one score because of the short time play. Man the game ends a little too soon. But thankfully, you will still be left with a positive experience after the game. Very eager to play the sequels.
  52. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just aOne of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just a very well made shooter, there's no angle, nothing new or original, nothing to draw me in. Expand
  53. Dec 11, 2013
    "Shoot Targets And Climb Things The Game".

"Shoot Targets And Climb Things The Game".

I'm worried that the critics could love this game so much. Having just played it, years after the graphics got old, the entire game seems build around "pretty" surfaces. It plays like a showcase for the (early) PS3 rather than a showcase for creative software. The story is too simple and contrived to be worthwhile for adults, while the gameplay is too brutal and tense for a recommendation towards teenagers. The first many chapters are about exploration, but it didn't give the feeling of mystique or intrigue, since all gameplay elements are taken from Tomb Raider, CoD, etc. If you've played a bunch of video games, you've seen everything in this game before. Even when the game suddenly changes tone and becomes (way too) horrific, I was like "wait, this is stressful but not exciting at all!".. it just exposes you to various levels of stress, and some very simple puzzles. Each element is simplified and not nearly as good as more focused games. The plot itself would be cringeworthy in an action film. It's no Indiana Jones or anything. It's just a bunch of people who happen to run to the EXACT right places through chaotic terrain, only to meet more "bad guys", repeated dozens of times, and then the clichéd twist. I played it on easy, and when it turned into a horror game, it just went from "same three villains repeated for hours" to "one villain that stresses you out in a new way" for an hour or so. There are some sequences with different gameplay, and they are more enjoyable, but still there's little progress gameplay wise from how these games were made in the 90s.
  54. Dec 3, 2013
    When I first got my PS3 I was initially disappointed by the lack of games I could play. At the time I was only interested in sports games, and MLB The Show quickly grew tiresome after a week. My console came with a bundle, featuring a strange game called Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. With nothing else to do, I inserted the game and decided to see what happens. For 12 hours my mind was blown,When I first got my PS3 I was initially disappointed by the lack of games I could play. At the time I was only interested in sports games, and MLB The Show quickly grew tiresome after a week. My console came with a bundle, featuring a strange game called Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. With nothing else to do, I inserted the game and decided to see what happens. For 12 hours my mind was blown, and I continued to play the game over three times in a row just to relive some of its epic moments. This was the first PS3 game that really left an impact on me, and still holds up today alongside its gigantic sequels.
    The story is reminiscent of an Indiana Jones movie. Fortune hunter Nathan Drake is on the search of the coffin of his supposed ancestor Sir Francis Drake, with the funds of journalist Elena Fisher. Things soon turn sour as pirates sabotage their journey to find El Dorado, the fabled treasure referenced in Drake's journal. After betrayals and gunfights, Nate and Elena end up separated on a lost island full of cutthroat pirates and thieves, and Nate goes on a perilous journey to get her back and escape the clutches of his rival fortune hunters. The closer he gets to gold, however, he realizes that Drake's treasure isn't all what it seems, and the secrets of the island perhaps were better left buried.
    The story is a thrill ride from start to finish, featuring lush and vibrant environments to explore and flawless voice work from Nolan North and Emily Rose. On top of that, all the characters, from the relatable lead to his cigar-smoking mentor Victor Sullivan, are complex characters whose actions feel real. The more you play the game, the more you bond with Nate and Elena and the more you are concerned when they are faced with extreme peril. The gameplay also shines, featuring climbing mechanics and third person shooting reminiscent of the Lara Croft series, polished to near perfection. The game feels great to play, whether you're gunning down enemies in a truck racing through the jungle or trying to maneuver your way up a rock wall, dangling hundreds of feet above a rocky surface. As if this all weren't enough, the soundtrack and atmosphere are phenomenal, with Greg Edmonson providing the score for the game. One of my favorite moments in the entire trilogy was just taking a moment between gunfights to stare out at the sunset, as a beautiful jungle-like orchestra played in the background. This is one of my few moments of pure gaming bliss, one that is nearly impossible to recreate.
    The game does falter in some areas. There is very limited ammo in the game, which does provide a nice challenge but also occasionally poses insurmountable challenges. Since the enemies come in hordes, the gameplay does feel formulaic and overwhelming at times. Also some of the gameplay does feel stiff during some climbing segments and gunfights, leading to several frustrating deaths as you try to navigate up walls and swing from building to building. One scene in the game I had to replay five times in a row not because of the enemies, but just because the lag in the jumping caused me to die during the same leap each time.
    Despite all this, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a fantastic game that appeals to my inner adventurer through death-defying leaps, a riveting Indiana Jones-esque story, and my favorite video game protagonist of all time. Despite a few hiccups in gameplay, the game is virtually flawless. The world is beautiful and full of secrets to find, making everything seem like a realistic uncharted island. The characters are memorable and the acting is truly unbelievable, making the player really feel attached to each unique personality the game has to throw at you.
    Drake's motto engraved on his ring says "Sic parvis magna", which means "Greatness from small beginnings."
    When referring to this PS3 masterpiece, as well as the entire Uncharted franchise as a whole, I couldn't agree more.

9.4/10

Follow me on twitter. @cbeers2513
  55. Nov 27, 2013
    Uncharted was an honest-to-goodness thrill ride that felt very much like one of the Indiana Jones films. Though Uncharted came out in 2007, the graphics are still eye-catching and solid. Whether treading the dusty passages of an ancient Aztec temple or exploring dense jungles, the settings always carried a sense of realism. The story line was gripping, and the character animations andUncharted was an honest-to-goodness thrill ride that felt very much like one of the Indiana Jones films. Though Uncharted came out in 2007, the graphics are still eye-catching and solid. Whether treading the dusty passages of an ancient Aztec temple or exploring dense jungles, the settings always carried a sense of realism. The story line was gripping, and the character animations and voice acting both in game play and cut scenes left it feeling like a video game-movie hybrid. Expand
  56. Nov 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a great game with really smooth graphic and surroundings with just a few repetitive gun play that might get boring in between not a masterpiece though as i'm rating this game after playing Uncharted 2 and 3. or else would have given 9 still the game play was fun :D Expand
  57. Nov 21, 2013
    this is absolutely a terrific game and one of the best exclusive games of the playstation 3 ever released,it only problem is that is too small and there is no time to apreciate it.
  58. Nov 17, 2013
    Recommendation:
    A very well-written treasure hunt with better story than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    Pros: Story Characters Treasure Hunt Vehicle sequences Mixed: Graphic Combat Jumping Puzzles Negative: NOTHING Summary: EPIC (MUST PLAY!) First of all, this was one of the first games I borrowed from a friend when I got my PS3. I just thought:
    Recommendation:

Pros:
    Story
    Characters
    Treasure Hunt
    Vehicle sequences

Graphic
    Combat
    Jumping Puzzles

NOTHING

Summary: EPIC (MUST PLAY!)

First of all, this was one of the first games I borrowed from a friend when I got my PS3. I just thought: "Worth a try, at least". I didn't really gave this game too much attention because I just didn't like the trailers much.
    Now, I loaded up the game. I first notice that the soundtrack is just absolutely amazing. I created my save, started playing.
    I noticed that the graphics are nice but not beautiful. (I think it was in 2007). However, in the first hour i really really got into this story, because i love Indiana Jones and treasure hunting.
    The story is incredibly well written, better than the last Indiana Jones movie. With an incredibly awesome main character, and the surprisingly well-written side characters its just great. The combat is actually a little bit hard sometimes, because of the not that great cover system... Other than these simple elements... there are a s*it ton of collectibles. Now these are awesome looking, golden or silver treasures which you can have a better look at the bonuses. Other great things, like vehicle sequences or jumping puzzles (this is quite a bit annoying sometimes) are also great.
    Well Done! MUST PLAY!
  59. Nov 10, 2013
    first off naughty dog i love you and you and insomniac are the only reasons the playstation is relevant now to the game perfect great story great game play i'm sorry no matter how much of a hardcore gamer you are you do not expect the ending
  60. Nov 9, 2013
    What can I say, bought a PS3, heard that Uncharted 2's a good game, bought this on sale. It ended up being the best thing I've played on the PS3. This game makes the most of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft combined, having you mow down pirates, solve intricate puzzles (ok, not really) and leap from pipe to pipe or search vaults of an abandoned Spanish colony. The story is perfect, theWhat can I say, bought a PS3, heard that Uncharted 2's a good game, bought this on sale. It ended up being the best thing I've played on the PS3. This game makes the most of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft combined, having you mow down pirates, solve intricate puzzles (ok, not really) and leap from pipe to pipe or search vaults of an abandoned Spanish colony. The story is perfect, the characters are extremely likeable and the gameplay is decent too, what more can one ask for? Expand
  61. Oct 13, 2013
    The UNCHARTED series is a PS3 exclusive series that are often know as some of the greatest games ever made especially 2 and 3

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune Platform:PS3 Company:Naughty Dog Publisher:Sony Relleased:November 19,2007 Game time:8 hours Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The

Game:UNCHARTED:Drake's Fortune

Platform:PS3

Company:Naughty Dog

Publisher:Sony

Relleased:November 19,2007

Game time:8 hours

Story:The game it self is like if Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of Wars had sex and had a baby it would be this.The story follows Nathan Drake who is a treasure hunter that works with his best friend an old man named Sully that loves money.Nathan is also a relative to sir Francis Drake.One day when he was on a boat with a reporter named Elena to find the coffin of Francis Drake find it inside empty with Drakes diary in it.After surviving an attack by pirates Nate finds out that his ancestor Francis found the Eldorado Treasure and decide to find it,they of curse get followed by a bunch of men Sully owns money to,that are also trying to find the treasure and its a race to see who will find it first.The story is excellent the reason why the story is so good is because of the great dialog and characters 9/10

Characters:The characters are also great.Nathan is your typical treasure hunting hero with a great personality and is funny.Elena who is Nate's love interest is a strong character that isn't a damsel in distress.Sully who is the old guy and the funniest of the group that likes money.Overall great and believable characters the only character I didn't like was the main Villain 9/10

Graphics:Now this game came in at 2007 but it still holds up to today.They are great the environments,jungles,cave,water and atmosphere are probably the best of 2007.The character models look good but dated and the hair is also not bad.The animations on Nate are great and his cloths get wet when you get in the water.A few pop ups especially when it loads a new stage after a cutscene 7.7/10

What is it?:It is a 3D person action adventure linear game with Indiana Jones,Tomb Raider and Gears Of War elements like climbing,exploring,shooting and hand to hand combat

Gameplay:The game is set up in to 3 groups shooting,climbing and puzzle solving.Shoting:This is the main part of the game and i mean you will be doing this 75% threw the game the shooting is simple go in to cover point out and shot you can carry two weapons a hand gun,grenades and a long gun there are a lot of weapons like:Shotguns,AKA-47,Gernade launcher,M4,9PMM,Uzi etc. There are a few other features like shooting when hagging of a ledge,a doge roll,shooting with out aiming,close combat.Now i like the shooting stages i just think they can be a bit repetitive and there are to many of them.And it is hard,on Normal it was F*cking difficult which is good and its the fair difficulty not the cheap.A few problems like weapons like the AKA-47 why does i take 15 shots to kill one enemy with no body armor.Combat is basically a 5 square mash and a brutal combo which is square,triangle,square.Climbing:This is my favorite thing about the game Nate is and expert climber.There are certain stages where you will need to climb to your objectives and they are really fun mostly because you feel inpowerd like you are Nathan Drake sure the game can be a little wage of what is claimable and what isn't but its still fun.Puzzel Solving:There aren't to many there are about 6 or 7 their the whole game.You are in a room and there are symbols or parters on the wall which with your book the diary of Francis can solve these puzzle's they do take a bit of thinking and are short and sweet 7.7/10

A.I.:It is good the enemies are smart they take cover,have nice animations to them.They do some Rambo shooting,they sneak up to you to try to kill you 8.5/10

Controls:The controls are great responsive and fun the only problem are the Sixaxes controls the are not that great for aiming grenades 9.3/10

Voice Acting:One word amazing.All the performances are fantastic Nolan North who is the voice actor for Nate does a fantastic and flawless job.The only voice actors that were average were the goons and the villain 9.6/10

Music:The soundtrack needs to be adventures which Naughty Dog nailed.The music that plays threw a stage shooting,climbing or whatever is great and fits the scene.The theme how ever is one of the greatest themes of all time in my top 3 it is that good 9.5/10

Replay value:Once you beat the game you have the option to replay it on Hard or Crusing,find all of the 60 hidden treasures and complete challenges which you get money which you can do on the main menu to change the characters appearance and gun ammo and crap.But the average gamer really doesn't want to do that there is no multilayer 6.7/10

Verdict:UNCHARTED is a great game it is an experience like you are watching a great Hollywood block buster movie with fun and challenging gameplay great characters and action.

Recemondation:Rent it or Buy it

Final score:7.8/10
  62. Oct 11, 2013
    This was more like a playthrough for me so I could into Uncharted 2 much easier. For the time it was released it was impressive. Of course I've seen how huge Naughty Dog has improved over the years since this came out so it's difficult reviewing this in retrospect. Still it was enjoyable and had a few cool moments. I didn't like the creature feature element though, took me out of the story.
  63. Oct 11, 2013
    What is there to say about this game as well as the Uncharted series, well, it is arguably the greatest gaming series ever made to start. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune provided the ultimate stepping stone for this series to achieve greatest, it is perhaps my personal favorite out of the trilogy and was also the most amazing for its time as it was a launch title for the PS3.

You play as

You play as Nathan Drake, who is a descendant of the famous English sea captain Sir Francis Drake. He is essentially a treasure hunter of anything his ancestor was involved in and along with his best pal Victor 'Sully' Sullivan and Elena Fisher are lead towards a mysterious island with untold secrets. The action is amazing (and is enhanced further in the trilogy), it is a typical 3rd person shooter with basic weapons and standard cover system. It is easy to get used to and and is quickly enjoyable. An added bonus are the tricky for some puzzles that will get you thinking and may even force you for help online.

But what makes this game along with its sequels stand out of the rest is the main character Nathan Drake. His is in my opinion the greatest protagonist in video game history. He is incredibly witty, coming out with hilarious one liners during the cutscenes. He is almost impossible to dislike as his intelligence for treasure hunting simply makes you go wow.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune ticks many boxes, great graphics, great gameplay, great story, great puzzles and an unsuspected twist.

64. Oct 9, 2013
    I don't get it, how is THIS supposed to be one of the "system selling" PS3 games? The gameplay is so totally lame, boring linear platforming, amazingly repetitive and pointless fighting. Sure, the cutscenes are well made and fun, and the scenery is beautiful, but how can any of that compensate for such poor game mechanics is beyond me.
  65. Oct 8, 2013
    muito bom o jogo mas tem suas baixas a mecânica do jogo e bem precisa mas a vezes que tem um bug, o enredo e excelente a campanha começa bem chatinha e la para perto do final fica bom os gráficos para a época eram impressionante comparando com outros games do mesmo ano
  66. Sep 28, 2013
    Este es solo el comienzo de las aventuras de Nathan Drake, pues Naughty Dog, mi compañía favorita, hace bien al realizar "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune", aunque es muy criticable el escaso lugar para investigar y desplazarse, lo compensa con una aventura increíble nunca antes vivida reviviendo el estilo cinematográfico de películas de aventuras de los años 80' tal como es la saga de "IndianaEste es solo el comienzo de las aventuras de Nathan Drake, pues Naughty Dog, mi compañía favorita, hace bien al realizar "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune", aunque es muy criticable el escaso lugar para investigar y desplazarse, lo compensa con una aventura increíble nunca antes vivida reviviendo el estilo cinematográfico de películas de aventuras de los años 80' tal como es la saga de "Indiana Jones". Gran título. Expand
  67. Sep 25, 2013
    The game is an overall great experience. the shooting works well, the story is interesting, the graphics are great and the gameplay is really fun. there's many things to be fixed, but has a really good potential.
  68. Sep 6, 2013
    Uncharted is one of the PS3's proudest exclusives, and Drake's Fortune, the first title in the series is the roughest of the three but still a very solid game.
    The story is very Indiana Jones-esque (in a good way!) and is told in a cinematic manner which doesn't break up the gameplay more than it really needs to.
    The platforming controls look nice in action but feel kind of stiff and
    The platforming controls look nice in action but feel kind of stiff and jerky at times. Jumping can be a pain sometimes due to not having much control over the distance of a jump, resulting in frequent overshoots. The game was released just days after Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, and it's fair and accurate to say that had a much more flowing platforming system.
    Shooting and combat in general feels pretty nice the controls are responsive and the animations fluid. One thing I feel could be improved were the hitboxes.
    Uncharted has some really mixed graphics. There are moments of true beauty when the game's impressive lighting is showcased and the colours are vibrant and rich, but you'll often notice texture and model problems. The vegetation looks great (which is a relief, because there's a ton of it in this game) unless you look at it from above. It's a good-looking game for it's time, and served to show off what the PS3 was capable of, but unlike PC exclusives from 2007 such as Crysis the graphics don't really hold up today.
    All in all, Uncharted is a surprisingly good release from Crash Bandicoot creators Naughty Dog, paying tribute to their platforming roots while making a mature and calculated transition to modern hardware.
  69. Aug 16, 2013
    This is definitely one of the best games on PS3. Great story, gameplay and graphics. Even though it's quite old now, it's still a great game, and everyone should try it out at some point!
  70. Aug 12, 2013
    EN: Feels repetitive when compared to Uncharted 2 and 3, but still a great game, with an excellent pacing, beautiful visuals, interesting story and strong platforming.

PT-BR: repetitivo quando comparado a Uncharted 2 e 3, mas continua um ótimo game, com excelente ritmo, belos gráficos, história interessante e um forte sistema de plataforma.
  71. Aug 2, 2013
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 9/10.......................................................................................................................
  72. Jul 29, 2013
    I hope you like walls because this game has plenty of them. It seems that this game has a strange fascination with walls as you will be glued to these walls so often that he might as well take them with him on all his travels. Story is OK, fairly easily to guess the plot (or at least what will probably happen). A generic third person shooter, cover-based, lets-break-everything-we-touchI hope you like walls because this game has plenty of them. It seems that this game has a strange fascination with walls as you will be glued to these walls so often that he might as well take them with him on all his travels. Story is OK, fairly easily to guess the plot (or at least what will probably happen). A generic third person shooter, cover-based, lets-break-everything-we-touch game with an ongoing romance between Nathan Drake and the wall... I mean Elena; who by the way will moan at you so often that you wonder whether the hordes of bad guys attacking you have actually got the right idea in trying to kill her. The game can be irritable, but if you endure its many faults long enough you may develop some sort of liking towards it, but I wasn't able to bond with the game like Drake bonded with the wall. Expand
  73. Jul 18, 2013
    this is best game i ever played it like male version of lara croft only with humor the climbing finding hidden puzzle piece doing puzzle and action all awesome i like the tension between elena & drake it so funny
  74. Jul 18, 2013
    Ever wanted Indiana Jones in a video game? Then Uncharted: Drakes Fortune is your best shot.
    Nathan Drake, the so called descendant of the great explorer Sir Francis Drake finds the burial site of his ancestor and a map to the fabled treasure of El Dorado. This sets Drake, his money hungry best friend Victor Sullivan and TV reporter Elena Fisher on a journey to uncover the treasure and its dark past, but they aren't the only ones who want to find it.
    If a summer blockbuster could translate into a video game then Uncharted would be the product of that, a great character focused plot with some awesome cinematic techniques used.
    My only gripe with the game is that the final hour or so of the game is needlessly difficult and involves over reliance on backtracking.
    An amazing game that any PS3 owner should have
  75. Jul 18, 2013
    This was the first PS3 game i ever played, and was completely blown away by the graphics. Its exceptional for the start of the PS3's life cycle.

The story was very gripping, and i am a huge fan of solving mysteries and adventuring so i was totally hooked from the beginning. The interaction between each character is very interesting, especially the father-son relationship between sully and drake.

The gameplay was a mix of platforming like the type in prince of persia series, 3rd person shooting, and some puzzle solving. It was an interesting blend of action-adventure gameplay, and it doesn't get boring. I played the whole game within two sittings; that's how good it was.

I do have some gripes with the game. For instance there are unusual difficulty spikes within the game, which leads to multiple death and frustrating moments (I'm looking at you crushing difficulty lol). Also there's just an abundance of enemy spawning, and sometimes you get bored with the endless waves of enemies who are bullet sponges later on in the game. Also not a fan of the six axis motion control for moving through logs. Finally my main problem is the fricking quick time events, especially the quicktime event final boss. This guy was a dick on crushing, and its just not needed in this other wise awesome game. Definitely needed a better boss.

All in all this is a system defining game for the PS3. To people who read this, you will definitely have fun with the game. If you aren't gonna buy it then atleast rent it once for a single playthrough, the story definitely needs to be experienced once.

Naughty Dog deserves all the praise they get, as they are a top notch studio
  76. Jul 13, 2013
    A good game but not the best, it lacks of qte (quick time events), so lacks of action. After a time, it repeats itself, just harder enemies but it isn't enough. Overall is good, graphics, platform puzzles, shooting.
  77. Jul 6, 2013
    Uncharted series is great. The game play and story is outstanding, and Nathan Drake is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Naughty Dog really did a fantastic job.
  78. Jul 1, 2013
    I will get right to the point with this. This is personally my favorite Uncharted title. Why? Mainly due to the story line. The story simply is Nathan Drake's search for El Dorado with his pal/mentor; Sullivan. It's basic but brilliant. The characters are well written and presented, the entire voice cast is perfect, Nolan North plays the and adventurous Drake beautifully.
    There are a few
    There are a few problems, mainly with the gameplay. Whilst the sequels seem to have fixed these issues, this is the title they originate from. Melee combat is simply a pain in Drakes Fortune, it requires a basic combo to knock down enemies but usually dissolves to 'Mash buttons until enemy is dead' whilst other enemies decide to shoot you like your body was a walking target.
    Aiming is another problem, the aiming in Drakes Fortune is very stiff, if you are trying to gun down an enemy from afar, managing to get the reticule to land on him will be very tricky and frustrating. Again, these are all issues fixed in the sequels but in Drakes Fortune they are clear and present.
    Also as this is an early PlayStation 3 title, the graphics are much to be desired and look extremely dated from the standard of graphics found in a PlayStation 3 title today, it has a colour problem where the green of the forest will be near overpowering and slightly sickly, the sun will also be too bright on the ground. I'm not complaining that this game is too colourful, in fact its one of the reasons I like it but it can be at times unrealistically colourful, so watch out for that.
    The reason I love this Uncharted is due to the story, while most people would tell you to simply get Uncharted 2/3, I recommend starting from the beginning of this fantastic trilogy and pick up Drakes Fortune. You won't regret it.
  79. Jun 28, 2013
    This is a great game it is a little repetitive but the story is so awesome. Playing this game feels like a movie but the only thing keeping me from giving this game a 10 is the ending fight it pissed me off a lot but still a great game go and buy it, it's worth it.9.5/10
  80. Jun 26, 2013
    I did not enjoy this game in the least. The only reason for the 2 is the graphics (which are good for an early PS3 game) and the voice acting. Unfortunately i had to try and play this thing...

First of all, story is a big part of games that are meant to have stories. I think i could have eaten vegetable soup and crapped out a better story than this game. Seriously. You're on a "deserted" island that somehow has hundreds and hundreds of enemies on it. How? Well, that's for your imagination to say. The ending had to be something else originally but then an investor came along and said they want something different. So, dance for the investor and we get this shoddy garbage.

Secondly... the shooting is WAY over the top. Extremely annoying aiming mechanics, and a rinse and repeat attitude throughout. Clear and area, move five feet, clear again. I ran out of ammo on a nearly constant basis. I know what you're saying, "go for the headshot." That's a lot easier said than done. Again, annoying aiming mechanics. I found out early on that if i tried to kill an enemy with a head shot, they would light me up because of the constant stream of them and horrible aiming mechanics. So i tried to use cover and shoot sporadically. Then i run out of ammo because i would unload an entire clip on ONE enemy. How many bullets does it take to kill a guy?

Finally, the entire time i was wishing i could be playing tomb raider. I don't even want to try the 2nd or 3rd one because of this game. Save your self the time because this game is not worth all the hype that everyone is giving it.
  81. Jun 19, 2013
    As my first PS3 game, it is another thing that will have a place in my heart. Naughty Dog will always be my favorite developer of all time. This was a good introduction into Uncharted the game was alright, can't really complain i really enjoyed it. But it wasn't perfect by any means it had its flaws. The story was alright, the thing is it wasn't great to be honest I don't remember if IAs my first PS3 game, it is another thing that will have a place in my heart. Naughty Dog will always be my favorite developer of all time. This was a good introduction into Uncharted the game was alright, can't really complain i really enjoyed it. But it wasn't perfect by any means it had its flaws. The story was alright, the thing is it wasn't great to be honest I don't remember if I actually finished it. That how memorable it was. Expand
  82. Jun 17, 2013
    Being my first PS3 game I can say it will always have a spot in my collection. It has lovable characterswith great voice acting and high pace Indiana Jones type action.

83. Jun 17, 2013
    "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" may not be a flawless game, since its aim system is somewhat weak and the campaign could last longer, but i was so entertained by the excellent pacing, gorgeous visuals, very good platforming and how even challenging sequences are fun on this game, that i really didn't cared that much about those flaws.
  84. Jun 15, 2013
    uncharted is great it has everything good story good characters good gameplay and great voice acting but the graphics aren't that good and it becomes repetitive after a while still a great experience and definitely worth playing
  85. Jun 7, 2013
    This is really a great PS3 exclusive! its got a great story that will appeal to anyone who loves Indiana Jones. The graphics are absolutely stunning and I just can't wait to see what Naughty Dog is going to continue to do with this series!
  86. Jun 4, 2013
    The best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). WhenThe best way I can describe this game is to say that it's Prince of Persia with guns and an Indiana Jones setting. The game is awesome and comes across like an awesome, action packed summer blockbuster. It really is like playing an action movie with it's memorable set pieces and firefights. The story and characters are awesome and scream Indiana Jones (I mean that in a good way). When you're not shooting guys in 3rd person Gears of War style you're platforming and climbing on stuff Prince of Persia style. When I say Prince of Persia style, I mean Prince of Persia style. It's exactly like the POP series minus wall running. This is great fun, but feels a little cheap that they just copied it from POP. Still this is an action packed experience that's worth your time. The only other real complaint I have is the games short length. It was over before I knew it. Considering this is a single player only experience the short length does hurt it. I'm glad it didn't overstay it's welcome with filler content, but I still wanted to spend more time with it. Luckily it does have high replay value. If you haven't played this game yet you really need too. It truly is one of the PS3's best titles. Expand
  87. Jun 3, 2013
    Naughty Dog really blew away the competition in action adventure games with this title and series. It has for the most part redefined the action adventure genre. The game features great well scripted characters, with good chemistry that lets the player engage with the story as they progress throughout the game. A highly appraised feature in this game is the character design andNaughty Dog really blew away the competition in action adventure games with this title and series. It has for the most part redefined the action adventure genre. The game features great well scripted characters, with good chemistry that lets the player engage with the story as they progress throughout the game. A highly appraised feature in this game is the character design and animation, you'll watch the main protagonist get hurt fall down stumble and struggle throughout his journey that really gives a sense of realism. The musical score fits the game perfectly and captures the mood in each and every level. The game however can be faulted on the lack of multiplayer and co-op capabilities. Expand
  88. May 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a fun third person shooter although it can be repetitive. You pretty much walk into an area and shoot 20 enemies. And it bothers me how Nate can get shot three times and walk it off, but its a video game so I guess I should stop complaining. The story was really interesting and at the end the story becomes friggin' I Am Legend because there are monsters trying to kill you and which was scary and fun. Overall, it was a great game. Expand
  89. May 15, 2013
    I got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of theI got this game as a gift so i had no idea what to think when I first jumped into it. Now I wonder why I didn't get it myself. This is the first of one of the greatest franchises ever with an engaging story and characters that you care about, the quest for the lost treasure of El God Damn Dorado with a supernatural twist that is cool. This game has its flaws though, In some sections of the game the enemies are very cheap and too strong as in several grenades to takedown strong. You are also ambushed often making this problem more apparent but apart from that its great. The graphics are brilliant to. A great game!! Expand
  90. Apr 29, 2013
    It definitely can get repetitive at times, but the gameplay is so mixed and well done that you can look past it really fast.
    The story is excellent you never feel like every objective that you're given is out of place or even predictable, wich is surprising since you're gonna be doing only two things in this game. (in terms of gameplay) one is of course shooting a lot of stuff since you might have guessed it for the cover of the game and the second would be climbing a lot of stuff oh and resolving mini puzzles from time to time, even if this game mechanics may sound like they're not much, believe me they are so well done that you're not even going to notice how many of this are being used.
    Aside from that the story feels amazing the easiest way that i can compare how the story make me feel is probably comparing it to movies like Indiana Jones or James Bond 007, is just excellent you have all your elements, the cute girl that you can't wait to kiss at the end, your older extremely likable friend, the bad guy, and an even badder sidekick bad guy. What surprised me about this characters was just... well how important they were for the story at times they even felt more important that Drake himself.
    This is done by an amazing voice acting from everyone it just really adds a really cinematic style to it, having such wonderful voices in a game where the story and the gameplay is just beautiful.
    The only reason why im not rating this game a 10 is just because it can definitely become repetitive at times and the difficulty of the game is pretty unbalanced i mean normal just feels extremely difficult at times, luckily it can be changed at any time without any loading screens in the middle this was an amazing option that strangely enough not so many games till now have incorporated, but...
    In conclusion an amazing voice acting cast, beautiful stunning graphics, and a gorgeous combination of gameplay that so many games before had tried and have failed miserably with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune having so many good things done the right way i can just let this game get a lower score than nine.
    Buy this game now
  91. Mar 18, 2013
    You know, there are some flaws in this. Like the camera angles didn't always agree with me and the gameplay got a little repetitive but when there's a story that's this compelling, it compensates for it. The gameplay, though as I said repetitive, is remarkable. This is fun
  92. Mar 15, 2013
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a good game, but it's not great. It's quite repetitive and the combat is somewhat clunky compared to other games but Uncharted 2/3 don't have this problem, The graphics are nice for 2007. The best thing about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is it's story and characters which are all interesting and it's great to play through the game just to see how the storyUncharted: Drake's Fortune is a good game, but it's not great. It's quite repetitive and the combat is somewhat clunky compared to other games but Uncharted 2/3 don't have this problem, The graphics are nice for 2007. The best thing about Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is it's story and characters which are all interesting and it's great to play through the game just to see how the story unfolds, It's gripping and good fun, the gameplay is by no means bad, but a bit clunky with silly things like Sixaxis controlled grenade throws but it's a game worth playing if you own a PS3. Expand
  93. Mar 14, 2013
    This rating is not based on a thorough play-through but on first impressions... WTF! I came into the game expecting a Tomb Raider meets Prince of Persia platformer... and suddenly I'm playing a 3rd person shooter, with horrible gun controls (though I have NEVER liked playing any shooter on a console), limited ammo, and enemies that -literally- spawn out of nowhere. Seriously, I died duringThis rating is not based on a thorough play-through but on first impressions... WTF! I came into the game expecting a Tomb Raider meets Prince of Persia platformer... and suddenly I'm playing a 3rd person shooter, with horrible gun controls (though I have NEVER liked playing any shooter on a console), limited ammo, and enemies that -literally- spawn out of nowhere. Seriously, I died during an encounter and on my 2nd attempt waited outside the door for them to start firing... they did not even exist until I hit the doorway, then WHAM.....

I'm gonna keep playing the game, but, I just can't let a HORRENDOUS game design decision like that go.
  94. Mar 4, 2013
    Didn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with goodDidn't play Uncharted games until now, so thought I should start from beginning to follow the story. I was right. Story in this game is nothing new, but charming and awesome "Indiana Jones" style. It start slowly with a lot of exploration, but right in the moment when i started thinking that it's too static and slow shootout begin. With balanced amount of shooting and exploring with good story this game is worth to play in any way. This game is very good and regarding the scores worst in the series. That sound promising!!! Expand
  95. Feb 26, 2013
    Uncharted was a great idea for a game and therefore I believe the series deserves its multiple awards. However, I believe the game reminds me more of a Tomb Raider game from the original PlayStation but with a male protagonist. The gameplay mechanics for shooting were very well done for a 3rd person shooter but I felt like you could traverse the entire game by just hitting the actionUncharted was a great idea for a game and therefore I believe the series deserves its multiple awards. However, I believe the game reminds me more of a Tomb Raider game from the original PlayStation but with a male protagonist. The gameplay mechanics for shooting were very well done for a 3rd person shooter but I felt like you could traverse the entire game by just hitting the action button over and over again while jumping around. The game also included a couple puzzles but I thought they were too easy and a waste of 5 minutes. The story started out great but by the end I really didn't care that much anymore even though the game doesn't take that long to beat. The series deserves respect for what it tried to do but I would rather spend my time playing a longer more interesting game. Expand
  96. Feb 25, 2013
    I had high expectations out of this game. I was a huge fan of the original Crash Bandicoot and Jak Daxter games so I bought the game based off the developer. I am very disappointed with my purchase. I enjoyed the characters and graphics but this was not enough for me. The game calls itself an adventure game, yet it is more of a shooter, despite being called more of an adventure game. TheI had high expectations out of this game. I was a huge fan of the original Crash Bandicoot and Jak Daxter games so I bought the game based off the developer. I am very disappointed with my purchase. I enjoyed the characters and graphics but this was not enough for me. The game calls itself an adventure game, yet it is more of a shooter, despite being called more of an adventure game. The puzzles are completely hit or miss, some are very easy, others are just down right ridiculous. The game got very tedious when there got to be WAY to many enemies.

After playing this game for about 6 hours, I completely stopped playing because I wasn't having fun. Another thing that pissed me off was the fact that they turned the game into a horror game very late in the game. They should have told you they'd do this on the back of the cover or something, this way I'd have an idea on what I'm buying. So if you're like me, and simply not into horror games don't buy this game. I thought the horror aspect wouldn't last to long but it lasts about an hour to an hour and a half. So much for an adventure game, huh? How about sticking to your routes Naughty Dog? Go back to Jak Daxter, because I hate this game much more than the Lost Frontier. Like I said decent story and characters, with fantastic graphics, but definitely not a good adventure game. The people who gave this positive reviews probably enjoy shooter and horror aspects, I for one don't. Sorry Uncharted, heard you were a great series but you obviously aren't for me.
  97. Feb 24, 2013
    Wow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked itWow. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, but I feel that this might top that. Even though this doesn't have the free roam of AC, it doesn't need it. Although this series also has Nolan North starring. Everything about this game is spectacular. Althought the first time I played I got to about chapter 3 before I quit because I was tired of shooting games at the moment. I picked it back up and I am so impressed.

Characters 10/10: Charming and entertaining characters that are very like able and unique.
    Story 9/10: nothing groundbreaking, but interesting enough and it is kept from being boring thinks to the characters.
    Gameplay 10/10: No where near as repetitive as first person shooters. Plus it has a platformer feel to it that keeps the gameplay fresh.
    Graphics 10/10: Some of the best graphics I have seen and this was in 2007!
    Replay Value 9/10: While I haven't beaten it yet, the game has multiple difficulty levels, and it has multiple treasures to find. Plus the game is so awesome anyway. Althought it wouldn't have that new and unique feeling playing it again, it would still be darn fun!

Recommendation: Must Have. Any PS3 owner without this game needs to have it.
  98. Feb 24, 2013
    It is not that bad but its a bit overrated. Don´t get me wrong, its not that uncharted sucks, it doesnt but there is much space above. But the graphics were good at that time.
  99. Feb 16, 2013
    The only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing aThe only gripe I have with this game is the sheer amount of shooting involved. Even when I think I've cleared an area, I see another batch of enemies drop down and start firing at me. It can get really annoying at times. Otherwise, this is an amazing game with a great story, great gameplay, great graphics; pretty much everything about it is astounding. It genuinely feels like I'm playing a 2012 game. Would definitely recommend. Expand
  100. Feb 9, 2013
    Save yourself time and skip this one. Pick up the much, much better Uncharted 2. Uncharted 1 has almost no platforming and story but it has tons... and tons... and tons of shooting. And not the interesting kind of shooting I must say.
  101. Sep 1, 2010
    man i love this game, fantastic story, awesome platforming reminds me of prince of Persia climbing walls game and that's cool, the game play is great, i didn't like the AI though, it seems like its dumb as hell you know exactly when to shoot before the enemy does lol

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.