Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
8.1

1. Jan 11, 2017
    Very good solid action-adventure game. I played the remastered version which I highly recommend for anyone who hasn't played this game yet. Don't think there is any other game in this genre that is better than the Uncharted series. One thing that annoyed me quite a bit in this game was that there was too many enemies. Seriously, seems like the dev just decided to toss in a whole bucketVery good solid action-adventure game. I played the remastered version which I highly recommend for anyone who hasn't played this game yet. Don't think there is any other game in this genre that is better than the Uncharted series. One thing that annoyed me quite a bit in this game was that there was too many enemies. Seriously, seems like the dev just decided to toss in a whole bucket load of them into this one tiny little area. Expand
  2. Jan 11, 2017
    One word for this game. REPETITIVE! shooter with good climbing system and good story. This game should not be given over an 7/10. All you do is shoot and hide. and then some climbing. and then shooting again through the whole game. There is now exploring. Its just follow this narrow path through tedious shooting and climbing with some cut scenes.
  3. Jan 10, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A plot full of holes and as silly as it is farfetched, it's still a fun story if you can look past all of the inconsistencies. Out of nowhere the game goes from action to a supernatural horror game, almost as if the game can't decide it's own genre. This change is a little weird but surprisingly works and makes the story more interesting even if it's completely ridiculous. The characters are okay with Nathan Drake and Sullivan being the only stand outs. They're both fairly typical characters at the beginning but begin to be more likable as the story moves along (especially Nathan). The tension with the big bad guy doesn't last long and he barely has a presence in the game which is disappointing. Also, Elena is very boring and it seems they put forth little to no effort to her development and she seems expendable the entire game.

The gameplay only works when it comes to shooting, the gunplay is tight and almost never disappoints. Literally every other bit of gameplay will only fill you with frustration, for instance sometimes Drake will just not grab on to a wall or cliff and it will respawn you very far away. The jet ski missions will just about ruin the entire experience and should have been removed from the game. They're extremely broken and they ruin the pace of the game. It's almost as if no one ever tested those missions to see if they work. There's a good variety of weapons but no variety in enemies, there's about 5 different baddies you'll fight, none of which are very difficult to kill.

The voice over work is top notch and the actors really did a fantastic job. The graphics look excellent for the the time it was released. The sounds and music are also well done most of the time. The difficultly is just not there and the game is a cakewalk no matter what difficulty you pick. The game's length is piss poor to say the least, you can beat the entire game in the matter of a few hours which was disappointing.

A fun game with a lot of problems, luckily the story keeps it moving along even when it gets outlandish and just flat out silly. It's worth at least a playthrough but if the game's bugs and broken parts get to you don't feel bad about skipping it and trying out the sequels instead.
  4. Dec 30, 2016
    I was one of those individuals who bought a PS3 Super Slim in 2012. After a few years of it collecting dust, I finally decided to play some of the 'recommended' titles. I bought the entire uncharted trilogy for under $20, unknowingly adventuring into the series with absolutely no indication of the style of the game. I find it extremely hard to note anything wrong with this game. TheI was one of those individuals who bought a PS3 Super Slim in 2012. After a few years of it collecting dust, I finally decided to play some of the 'recommended' titles. I bought the entire uncharted trilogy for under $20, unknowingly adventuring into the series with absolutely no indication of the style of the game. I find it extremely hard to note anything wrong with this game. The graphics are commendable, the gameplay is unique for a Third Person Shooter, but yet the storytelling is what brings this game, as well as other Naughty Dog titles, together as a masterpiece. Deluging into Drake's adventure, the story grips you and engages you within the world. I was glued to the PlayStation until I finished it, theres just something about it that makes it aesthetically interesting and beautiful. I even invested in getting the platinum trophy. This game will get you hooked and is worthy in any PlayStation 3/4 collection. An absolute must play. Expand
  5. Dec 28, 2016
    I don't have too much to say about this game. I'm sure it was stunning at the time, but playing it 7 years after its release, it feels very OK. I played it mostly in preparation for Uncharted 4.

True Score: 7.6
  6. Nov 26, 2016
    Начало великого мыльца!
    Сам Драке велел начать с графики. Глаза не режет, порой даже выдаёт реально красивые пейзажи. Но один из главных минусов - просто десятки багов. То Драке провалится в текстуры, то физика начнёт шалить. Так что в целом графика смотрится нормально.
    Начало великого мыльца!
    Сюжет. Приключенческий боевик в духе Индианы, удовольствие доставляют кат-сцены. Шутки порой очень смешные. В основном приходится бегать по джунглям, что надоедает. Вообщем обычный такой сюжет, на релаксе, мозги не парит.
    Геймплей... довольно спорный. Экшн доставляет больше половины игры... он в принципе и занимает добрую половину времени , а то и больше. И что происходит после половины игры? Солдаты в которых на средней сложности нужно всадить минимум половину обоймы, что бы они умерли. Ну это ещё ладно. Последние часа 2 игры, на игрока просто сваливают кучу, нет... КУЧУ врагов. Развлекайтесь! Но особо развлечься не получится. Там снайперы на крыше, хочешь перебежать в укрытие, а там гранатомётчик... "фух, вроде всех убил, чуть сам не умер, на грани просто"... Заходишь за угол, дробь в лицо, смерть. Мило. Экшен реально интересен половину игры, потом уже только местами. И какие же тут прекрасные чек-пойнты (нет). 2. Паркур. Он очень прост, но почему-то местами Драке просто не хочет допрыгивать до уступа или прыгает не туда. 3. Загадки вполне хороши, местами приходилось поломать голову, но помните, что это вам не мега-сложный квест.
    Игра очень неплоха и вполне рекомендуется к прохождению в 2016-... годах.
    P.S. Немного поиграл во вторую часть и это просто на несколько голов выше этой части.
  7. Nov 5, 2016
    Es un gran juego con pequeños fallos que acaban molestando. La historia, localizaciones y personajes son muy buenos. El aspecto sonoro y visual es el que más destaca del juego. Jugarlo como una historia o una película de 12 horas es fantástico. El problema es que el combate es tedioso, alarga el juego sin ser necesario y muchas veces no tiene sentido encontrarnos al SWAT dentro de unaEs un gran juego con pequeños fallos que acaban molestando. La historia, localizaciones y personajes son muy buenos. El aspecto sonoro y visual es el que más destaca del juego. Jugarlo como una historia o una película de 12 horas es fantástico. El problema es que el combate es tedioso, alarga el juego sin ser necesario y muchas veces no tiene sentido encontrarnos al SWAT dentro de una tumba que lleva 500 años cerrada. D la sensación de que tuvieron miedo de que el juego les saliera corto y decidieron añadirle fases y vueltas sin venir mucho a cuento. Al final es un juego notable, que inició una saga muy buena y que merece ser jugado. Expand
  8. Oct 25, 2016
    Although it is visually great, the infinite hordes of pirates felt boring to me. I don't know why devs think killing 1,000 pirates in a row is 1,000 times more interesting than killing one, but I don't agree.
  9. Oct 19, 2016
    In 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark set a new standard for the action/adventure genre. All the traps, chases, and shoot-outs made for a thrilling experience. Over 25 years later Naughty Dog would do their best to transition that experience to players via the Uncharted series. With the PS3 the technology was finally there to make an incredibly realistic looking world to match those of theIn 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark set a new standard for the action/adventure genre. All the traps, chases, and shoot-outs made for a thrilling experience. Over 25 years later Naughty Dog would do their best to transition that experience to players via the Uncharted series. With the PS3 the technology was finally there to make an incredibly realistic looking world to match those of the movies. Although they were just finding their groove with the first game Drakes Fortune is still a very enjoyable experience that paved the way for some of the best games of the last decade.

In Uncharted you play as Nathan Drake, a bold young adventurer. You embark on a journey funded by Elena Fisher, a journalist looking to film any discoveries you make. Drake's ancestor, Sir Francis Drake, was a legendary explorer and you quickly find yourself in possession of his journal. This journal leads you in search of the legendary El Dorado, the city of gold. This quickly gets the attention of some shady characters; thankfully your mentor Victor Sullivan (Sully) has your back. It turns out that Sully's old business partner Gabriel Roman doesn't trust the three of you to quest and has littered the island with his lackey's to take you out. However, everything isn't as it appears and the treasure may turn out to be more than bargained for.

The journey to El Dorado is no walk in the park. The island you find yourself on is full of peril. For one thing Roman's soldiers have it out for you and you'll find yourself in one shoot out after another. The combat is nice but not nearly as refined as it is in the later games and can be frustrating at times on the higher difficultly levels. Head-shots however aren't terribly difficult and feel very rewarding. When your not on the ground you may find yourself running away in a jeep or exploring on a jet ski. There are a lot old structures on this island that are begging to be climbed, thankfully Drake is quite agile, You may at times even need to brake out your journal to solve a puzzle or two

The story is fairly light but filled with some wonderful characters that will continue to develop throughout the series. The visuals are still quite remarkable even today. Naughty Dog games have become the gold standard for realistic looking games and Drake's Fortune was the game that started it all. The motion capture combined with superb voice acting really bring this game to life. Although it my not do much for variety the fact that the game takes place on one big island really helps to immerse the player with a realistic sense of adventure. Your path seems very natural and it doesn't seem to surprising when you end up returning to places you've already visited before.

Although Drake's Fortune falls a little short of the heights of the rest of the Uncharted games it is still worth checking out. This is a classic, by the book, action/adventure games. Jump from ledge to ledge, shoot some bad guys, and rescue the girl all while hunting for the big score. This is a simple, well-crafted, linear story without too many bells and whistles. At the very least this helps kick-start the numerous adventures you get to experience in the many superb sequels. It may not have been game-of-year but it sure is a lot of fun.
  10. Oct 16, 2016
    The first Uncharted is an exciting, Hollywood-feeling start to an incredible series. The characters are immediately introduced in a way so humane you feel like you already know them, and what truly creates immersion in the game is the snappy dialogue that occurs when on missions, for the pure sake of keeping consistency in the story – and it works greatly too. The story is clichéd atThe first Uncharted is an exciting, Hollywood-feeling start to an incredible series. The characters are immediately introduced in a way so humane you feel like you already know them, and what truly creates immersion in the game is the snappy dialogue that occurs when on missions, for the pure sake of keeping consistency in the story – and it works greatly too. The story is clichéd at times, but works so well and for me, is a plus to the game. The gameplay can be a bit repetitive at times, making me feel like the shooting is just to occupy certain scenes, but that’s just a minor issue for me. The game has made incredible use of story structure, enough to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. The characters are incredibly likeable, so likeable in fact that you just want to play the next game just to see them again. For all those reasons I’m going to give Uncharted: Drakes Fortune a 9/10 92%. Expand
  11. Oct 9, 2016
    Uncharted Drakes Fortune é um dos jogos mais divertido que eu ja joguei, a historia é boa, o pirata Drake realmente existiu, tem momentos de muita aventura, pra quem gosta dos filmes do Indiana Jones ou da Mumia que nem eu, vai gostar do jogo, os personagens são carismatico, a dupla Sully e Nathan Drake é muito boa, mais o game tem alguns problemas, como por exemplo os inimigos levaoUncharted Drakes Fortune é um dos jogos mais divertido que eu ja joguei, a historia é boa, o pirata Drake realmente existiu, tem momentos de muita aventura, pra quem gosta dos filmes do Indiana Jones ou da Mumia que nem eu, vai gostar do jogo, os personagens são carismatico, a dupla Sully e Nathan Drake é muito boa, mais o game tem alguns problemas, como por exemplo os inimigos levao varios tiros na cabeça e nao morrem, e isso irrita, mais a franquia Uncharted que tem 4 jogos, começou muito bem. Nota 8.8 Expand
  12. Sep 23, 2016
    I'm just writing at least 150 characters because I wanted to save this review in a more convenient way to look back at scores that I had given stuff as a user.
  13. Sep 17, 2016
    I for the first time to buy a ps3 for the first time in the game uncharted 1 ..
    In my view, there is no big disadvantage, (except ..freezing problem) is a decent game .. .. amazing ..
  14. Sep 12, 2016
    un juegazo, infravalorado, tiene una duración perfecta que te deja con ganas de más, historia, plataformeo y acción perfectamente entrelazadas

una auténtica genialidad en 2007
  15. Aug 31, 2016
    it is Weakest instalment in The Series But it is The First Game and it Have Some Great Puzzles Great Action Good Character And Bad Last Boss!This Game is Very Good But Not Good As Others
  16. Aug 25, 2016
    This is essentially Tomb Raider meets Indiana Jones. Where Tomb Raider has a slightly heavier emphasis on platforming, this would have a heavier emphasis on combat. The cinematics in this game are superb, and there is a cliffhanging moment waiting almost around every turn. High action, high energy, and high levels of fun are the names of this game...a must play for ANY playstation ownerThis is essentially Tomb Raider meets Indiana Jones. Where Tomb Raider has a slightly heavier emphasis on platforming, this would have a heavier emphasis on combat. The cinematics in this game are superb, and there is a cliffhanging moment waiting almost around every turn. High action, high energy, and high levels of fun are the names of this game...a must play for ANY playstation owner with even a passing interest in action/adventure/platformers! Expand
  17. Aug 16, 2016
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a action-adventure platform video game developed by Naughty Dog, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

One of the best Action Adventure Game, One of The Best New IP of PS3

+ Good Main Character
    + Fun Story
    + Great Shooter Mechanics and Cover System
    + Music
    + Plataform and Puzzles
  18. Jul 20, 2016
    An amazing start to the Nathan Drake legend. The story and gameplay is quite simplistic but it still holds up as a great game to play. Definitely a game I would recommend to anyone that enjoys action/adventure stories.
  19. Jul 18, 2016
    man i love this game, fantastic story, awesome platforming reminds me of prince of Persia climbing walls game and that's cool, the game play is great, i didn't like the AI though, it seems like its dumb as hell you know exactly when to shoot before the enemy does lol
  20. Jul 17, 2016
    Not a bad game by any means, but it's definitely one of the most overrated. Story line was bland, despite some cool plot twist. Bland antagonist through out. Extremely repetitive combat. Those are the only real flaws. The ups were, the protagonist were fun and had good character depth. Excellent gun play and climbing game play (despite being repetitive).

This is a "good" game, but sadly

This is a "good" game, but sadly it doesn't age too well. Unlike the sequels, the sequels exceeded my expectations a little
  21. Jul 9, 2016
    This is one of the best games I have played. The story is pretty good, graphics are great, and the puzzles and action are extremely satisfying. The game is very addictive and had me coming back until the end. There are lots of plot twists and shooting sequences that make the game even better. The puzzles are somewhat challenging but aren't too difficult to figure out. All in all this is aThis is one of the best games I have played. The story is pretty good, graphics are great, and the puzzles and action are extremely satisfying. The game is very addictive and had me coming back until the end. There are lots of plot twists and shooting sequences that make the game even better. The puzzles are somewhat challenging but aren't too difficult to figure out. All in all this is a fantastic game and I can't wait to play the sequels. Expand
  22. Jun 25, 2016
    The game is lovely and a lot of fun. Not as polished as the later titles, still worth every minute. The AI is too stupid and the way they keep jumping from nowhere is sort of silly. Still a good introduction to the series.
  23. Jun 20, 2016
    The game that started it all.

The game that started it all.

I ended up playing Drake's Fortune after beating the immaculate Uncharted 2 and the worthy follow up Uncharted 3. Having now played all 3, I would probably rank this one as the bottom of the bunch, but I say that in the best way possible. It is still a great game that went on to even greater things, and it's noticeable how much the creators expanded on the story, visuals, and action pack set-pieces in the later installments.

For the first half or so, the game does flirt with being overly repetitive at times. Solve a puzzle, kill the overwhelming amount of pirates (probably more than you could actually fit on an island), loot for treasure, and repeat. It's still a solid experience, but there's a something of a lack of variety in the early stages. It's still engrossing, and the character interactions between Drake, Sully, and Elena is never less than charming. But out of all the games this is by far the most challenging.

Thankfully though, at some point in the middle the game throws a curveball and adds a welcome freshness to the new surroundings, astounding action sequences, and a few more surprises that I won't spoil here. It's when this happens that the game, at some points, reaches the heights of it's predecessors.

So while it may not be the masterpiece that the sequels (I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet) are, Uncharted 1 is still a classic game that started one hell of a franchise. I can't get enough of the Uncharted universe (and the dashing Mr. Drake.) I eagerly await with much anticipation what Uncharted 4 will bring to the table.

Without a down on of the greatest gaming franchises ever, thank you kindly Naughty Dog!

Ranking of games (EXCLUDING 4)
    1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (10)
    2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (9.5)
    3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (9)
  24. Jun 19, 2016
    Como era de se esperar, a incrível Naughty Dog nunca falha na criação de novas IPs. Apesar da historia genérica e de alguns erros do jogo como a má resposta nos comandos, o jogo consegue ser envolvente e muito divertido.
    8,2/10
  25. Jun 10, 2016
    Got this game as part of the new collection with the 3 first games for ps4. Having heard allot about it, i was super disappointed. The thing that destroys the game in my opinion are the HORRIBLE controls, most importantly, the cover system. It's clunky and unresponsive, killing me more times than anything else. To make it even worse, it's tied to the same button as the dodge, so you getGot this game as part of the new collection with the 3 first games for ps4. Having heard allot about it, i was super disappointed. The thing that destroys the game in my opinion are the HORRIBLE controls, most importantly, the cover system. It's clunky and unresponsive, killing me more times than anything else. To make it even worse, it's tied to the same button as the dodge, so you get attacked, you try to roll tot he right. Instead, the game throws you to the left, putting you into "cover"while being 100% exposed to the enemy. Just hoping that the other two games are better. Expand
  26. Jun 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a solid action-adventure game, but is over-hyped. Make no mistake, the majority of it is quite good, but there are a few things holding it back from achieving true greatness.

The thrill of jumping from ledge to ledge, barely making a tough jump across a bottomless pit and then landing only to take cover from an oncoming missile is certainly the high point of the game. Not that each individual aspect is excellent on it's own, but the way Drake's Fortune utilizes all of these elements together makes it fun. Despite this, there are some annoying aspects as well. The gunfights seem to go on forever, especially as you near the end, with the developers taking on 'let's throw a hundred enemies at the player at a time' mentality in an attempt to increase the difficulty. It isn't more difficult, just time consuming and tedious to mow down a ton of generic bad guys. At least the AI is good: the enemies won't just charge into an open field, they'll take cover, throw grenades at you and even come to you if you don't move from a spot.

The other half of the game play is made up of climbing, jumping and running across a dangerous, dense forest island. As mentioned, it is intense in certain parts, and very fun to figure out ways you can advance to the next area. The game doesn't make everything obvious to you, you have to think to figure things out. This adds yet another layer of depth to things, making strategizing a must if you want to complete the game. This is also a downside, however, as sometimes you'll be left to figure out a puzzle (where to jump, what dials to turn, signs to follow, etc.) that isn't particularly exciting or creative. Moments like that really take momentum out of the game, especially near the climax, when things should feel tight and harrowing but are instead fairly boring.

The characters, such as Nathan Drake himself and his friends Elena and Sully. Their dialogue, as well as the bad guys' is perfect throughout, as you get the feeling right off the bat that most of the characters have known each other for years. The chemistry is spot on, which is a huge plus considering there are quite a few cinematic sequences. This is also good because the main plot itself is relatively uninteresting, basically a typical plot involving getting to a treasure before the bad guys do, which then turns into a 'get to the cursed treasure first because the bad guys don't know what they're doing'. It all feels like an Indiana Jones movie, which this game borrows heavily from. The humor keeps things fresh, however, and there are some nice story touches here and there that make things a little more personal.

Graphically, I can't rate the original release, since I played the remastered version on the Nathan Drake Collection. But that version looks pretty and polished, about as good as a glorified 2007 PS3 title can look in 2016. That's a good thing, as there's plenty of great scenery and views of the ocean. The features on the character's are also well done, looking realistic enough and able to convey expressions effectively. The sound is good, if unspectacular (not counting the voice acting), but the one laughably bad thing about the technical side is the death animations of the bad guys. I don't think shooting a bad guy with a pistol should make him fly ten feet in the air while doing a back flip. For a game that feels grounded in reality most of the time, seeing something like that can you right out of the experience. You get used to it eventually, but it's still a weak point.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune ultimately offers an entertaining, but uneven campaign. There's plenty of strong moments, but also quite a few frustrating, repetitive or downright boring ones that keep things from becoming truly thrilling. The characters are great, the plot not so much, but things move along smoothly enough most of the time. It's nothing groundbreaking or even original, but I would recommend this game to just about anyone looking for a fun, often lighthearted (despite all the violence) game. Just don't expect a masterpiece, and you'll enjoy it. I'm looking forward to playing the other titles in the series, which look even better than this.
  27. Jun 1, 2016
    Made the mistake of playing part 2 and 3 before playing this one. Pretty awesome and a good start to the journey of Nathan Drake. A few parts of the game will leave you frustrating, but overall a must play if you want to follow the next 3 part of the series
  28. May 19, 2016
    + Excellent Storytelling with rich characters
    + Gorgeous Visuals (For 2007)
    + Epic Moments
    + Great Soundtrack

- Too much shooting towards the end hurts the pacing in it's overlong third act
    - Poor final encounter
    - Unfair Deaths

29. May 11, 2016
    The story starts out good but I soon realized that your limited in what you can do in this game it soon just became a game of follow the pre made path. no freedom, clumsy shooting. The story is the only thing redeeming. I don't see what people see in this game must be fanboy goggles. There is no replay value.
  30. May 5, 2016
    Drake's Fortune kicks off the series in great fashion thanks to a really interesting and exciting story, cool characters and solid gameplay. The enemy death animations are very unrealistic though, but it doesn't take away from the game that much.
  31. Apr 18, 2016
    Comienza la aventura que marcará una generación de consola (PS3).

Sin duda hoy en día hablar de Uncharted es sacarse el sombrero ante uno de las sagas más potentes de la actualidad en playstation pero su origen no es tan épico como cuenta la leyenda. En Uncharted Drake´s Fortune, conocemos a nuestro carismático protagonista Nathan Drake y gracias a la genialidad del siempre correcto
    Comienza la aventura que marcará una generación de consola (PS3).

En Uncharted Drake´s Fortune, conocemos a nuestro carismático protagonista Nathan Drake y gracias a la genialidad del siempre correcto Naughty Dog, estudio desarrollador de la franquicia, nos presentan una muy divertida aventura para pasar las próximas horas frente a nuestro televisor.

En la historia somos un cazador de tesoros al más puro estilo de India Jones o Lara Croft en busca del mítico "El Dorado" donde esperamos gloria y fortuna. Nos acompañan nuestro mentor y leal amigo Sully y la bella periodista Elena, a los cuales no controlaremos pero si nos servirán de apoyo en secuencias de disparos o para resolver algunos puzzles que encontraremos dentro de esta obra.

El apartado visual, dirección de arte y banda sonora están en lo más alto y fue por lo que este título destacó entre otra de sus cualidades técnicas. El guión sin ser el mejor nos presentaba una historia interesante de jugar y los personajes secundarios complementaban de forma brillante el eje central de Uncharted.

Lo más negativo de este título era sin duda su pobre jugabilidad, teniendo un pésimo sistema de cobertura y en ocasiones manejar a Drake se hacia bastante pesado. Además de ciertos problemas de guión que nos cortaban nuestra experiencia de jugador por ser difíciles de creer, como por ejemplo que después de internarnos en catacumbas donde solo nuestro protagonista y sus increíbles habilidades podían lograr, nos encontrábamos con el ejercito de enemigos que aparecieron por obra de magia.

A veces también era repetitivo y cansino el ritmo lineal y cíclico del juego, que consistía en investigar, descubrir una nueva zona y luego la clásica secuencia de tiroteos. Este esquema se repite a lo largo de prácticamente todo el juego.

A pesar de lo bueno y lo malo este es un juego que DEBES jugar, en especial por que lo que se viene posteriormente será realmente bueno. La saga Uncharted es un indispensable para los jugadores de PS3 y PS4.
  32. Apr 17, 2016
    No me acabo de convencer.Es aburido,repitivo y no me gustan los puzzles.Los enemigos parecen inmortales.Las fisicas me gustan,pero repito es aburrido me pasa lo mismo con the last os us y gears of war.
    Se me hacen aburridos
  33. Apr 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Re-played this as part of the nathan drake collection. The remastered version doesnt look half bad. I have finished all the uncharted games, so it was nice to replay them all to see the evolution.

Drakes fortune is a solid game, and at the time of release in 2007, this was one of the most fun action adventure games out there. The main character was easy to like, the story was good. What made the story even better were strange and mysterious things that you stumble across (like the old german u-boat in the middle of the jungle). Comparing it to the other uncharted games makes it seem a little bit limited. There arent any major set action pieces. Those that existed werent as good. This may be a little unfair since later uncharted games probably had a bigger budget.

The bad guys main characters werent as memorable, shooting was not perfect but some interesting elements with the different guns. I loved how the AI try to dodge bullets, making themselves harder targets by moving. Puzzles were few inbetween and not at all challenging. Finally, some of the platforming in this game is off mark, leading to some very fustrating deaths.
  34. Apr 14, 2016
    One of the best Action Adventure Game, One of The Best New IP of PS3

+ Good Main Character
    + Fun Story
    + Great Shooter Mechanics and Cover System
    + Music
    + Plataform and Puzzles
  35. Apr 14, 2016
    Начало великой серии, что могу сказать....все сделано на высоте по меркам 2007 года, интересный сюжет, персонажи полюбились с 1й же минуты, интересные и зрелищные перестрелки, хороший паркур и т.д. Из минусов, это немного странный сюжет под конец, хотелось бы немного другое видеть! Еще раздражают QTE....появляются внезапно и вероятность среагировать 1%, еще битва с последним боссомНачало великой серии, что могу сказать....все сделано на высоте по меркам 2007 года, интересный сюжет, персонажи полюбились с 1й же минуты, интересные и зрелищные перестрелки, хороший паркур и т.д. Из минусов, это немного странный сюжет под конец, хотелось бы немного другое видеть! Еще раздражают QTE....появляются внезапно и вероятность среагировать 1%, еще битва с последним боссом показалась ужасной, но это мелочи на фоне столь шикарной игры!!!!!)) Expand
  36. Apr 12, 2016
    Grandísimo juego, uno de los mejores plataformas con unos gráficos excelentes para su tiempo, lástima que haya envejecido un poco mal, muy recomendable
  37. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  38. Feb 26, 2016
    Before i get into the review, i need to say that i don't hate Uncharted, Naughty Dog or sony, but the amount of people that say that naughty dog has never and never will make a bad game i just mindblowing and i feel the need to say my honest opinion on this game, to demonstrate the flaws, errors and overall bad design that this game has, that fanboys and Naughty dog and Uncharted fans seemBefore i get into the review, i need to say that i don't hate Uncharted, Naughty Dog or sony, but the amount of people that say that naughty dog has never and never will make a bad game i just mindblowing and i feel the need to say my honest opinion on this game, to demonstrate the flaws, errors and overall bad design that this game has, that fanboys and Naughty dog and Uncharted fans seem to forget when critiquing this game (Watch a video called "The Naughty dog effect" to see what i mean). With that said let's start with this review.

Story: Uncharted story is nothing special, you are this guy called Nathan Drake, with an ali called sully, that are basically treasure hunters, this 2 find a clue to where the treasure of Francis Drake is and the plan is to get it and use it to pay bills, oh and a reporter called Elena is also here. Aaaaaaaand...That's pretty much it, no kidding that's the entire premise of the game, at most this is an average plot, but it's certainly not the reason you want to play this game.

Presentation: Uncharted's presentation issss.....uuuuuuuummm...weeeell...i guess it's OK for an "early" realised title, but by this time games like gears of war had already been out and i get that the ps3 is hard to code for, but the system had already been out for a year, you are supposed to figure that **** out. Not helping is the fact that the game can look downright dull at times, the color pallet is very limited and i get that they are trying to realistic, but come on! the real world doesn't have grey all over place! this is also something that gears of war suffered from, but at least that game had all the other presentation aspects covered). Tho there are some times that the environments can look pretty gorgeous with clever use of color and lighting effects, these are the best looking moments of the game, but there are so many of the dull, uninspired moments that pretty much kills the look of the game and at least for me the characters models and animations fall into the uncanny valley, top all of that with forgettable music (aside from the theme song), glitches i encountered numerous times and 30 fps and you got a bland presentation overall, definitely not a good example of the potential of the PS3, this is a department that Uncharted 2 is much better at.

Gameplay: Uncharted is a third person shooter with some platforming elements thrown in to reduce the repetitiveness. You use the L1 button to aim and the L2 button to shoot, not the R triggers like the usual shooters uh?...ok. To cover you press the circle button and you move with the left analog stick, move the camera with the right stick, Sound familiar? YES this is indeed gears of war gameplay, an exact rip-off of it!, how is this original? how is this something unique? i've seen plenty of reviews that say this statements and i can't disagree more. Now you might argue the same thing for the new super mario games (games that i actually like), but the difference is that shooting games are a lot more repetitive that platforming games. The only thing that uncharted does "new" is the most basic parkour system i have ever seen and the most easy puzzles i have ever solved. Not only that, but because of the placement and pattern of the enemies, the only way the defeat the shooting sections is by memorizing where every enemy is and when they are going to move and that's just fun is in it?. There is a good variety of weapons, meaningless collectables and the combat mechanics that are very decent (and by that i mean you mash the square button), but that doesn't save the other fatal flaws of the game. Oh and one last thing: **** the boat segments, there's only like 2 of them, but horrible controls and cheap enemy and trap placement, makes this parts the worst of the entire game.

Overall Uncharted (for me at least) is a mediocre title at best, "don't own game" at the it's worst, the graphics are decent at best, the shooting mechanics are ripped right out of gears of war, that require no strategy and instead tedious memorization, the music is forgettable, the puzzles are easy, the parkour is extremely basic and the story is nothing special, with that in mind i give this game 5/10. It's not an abomination of a game, i mean superman 64 still exist, but it's a forgettable, bland title that unless you want to complete a PS3 collection you should never buy (or you could get it very cheap).
  39. Feb 21, 2016
    The beginning of a new franchise i must say naughty dog took a big risk in this but oh the risk paid of and gave us one of the best gaming achievements the story is great the gameplay and climbing is good and the characters are well written and loved it is a masterpiece.
  40. Feb 20, 2016
    such an underrated gem of last gen had what made the series great such as great story,great charactors,great graphics,great gameplay the driving segments were not the best but the rest was great replay value shame the game got ignored by reviewers & gamers alike a must play if you have a ps3 or a ps4
  41. Feb 13, 2016
    8.5/10 Played the game on the PS4 as part of the collection and it is truly a great experience, it is not the same game as the third and the second one, but its amazing nevertheless. The hype for Uncharted 4 is full, and you should get your hands on the collection before April
  42. Feb 3, 2016
    The game has got a lot of good ideas like puzzles but they aren't used to their full potential. The main reason I give 5 points instead of 7 is the EXTREME amount of shooting. No matter which part of the game it is you have to shoot about 10-20 enemies in EVERY....SINGLE....ROOOM. It's really annoying after some time. The best example is... when you get to a secret chamber through puzzlesThe game has got a lot of good ideas like puzzles but they aren't used to their full potential. The main reason I give 5 points instead of 7 is the EXTREME amount of shooting. No matter which part of the game it is you have to shoot about 10-20 enemies in EVERY....SINGLE....ROOOM. It's really annoying after some time. The best example is... when you get to a secret chamber through puzzles that the pirates couldn't solve by themselves ( so there's absolutely no way there can be any pirates in the secret chamber) even there are pirates out of nowhere who start to shoot you. It's very very annoying. After some time I was just sure that it would take about 5 minutes before I hear "He's here" from somewhere in the room. Expand
  43. Feb 2, 2016
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune might start off easy on you, but as the tension builds, your anticipation to find out what's next rises. A brilliant game, a fantastic soundtrack, and naughty dog's storytelling shown at its finest!
  44. Jan 28, 2016
    Disclaimer: I played the PS4 version.

Disclaimer: I played the PS4 version.

I entered this Uncharted: Drake's Fortune with what was likely an unfair amount of hype. I had been hearing incredible things about the Uncharted series for years. I had played and loved The Last of Us so when I actually got my hands on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I was somewhat disappointed. Granted this is a 9 year old game and many of the mechanics it features have been improved and iterated on in more modern games (that I've played) so that does put Drake's Fortune at a disadvantage. A lot of the elements of Drake's fortune just don't age well. The cover shooting is repetitive, clunky (unfair?) and extremely over used. The cameras in the platforming sections are often infuriatingly placed. The checkpoints are too infrequent forcing you to replay long stretches of cover shooting or awkward platforming all over again. The game in general only handles ok with some mechanics being extremely frustrating like the stop and go jet ski portions which feel like something that should have been left on the cutting room floor.

The things I was most excited about for Drake's Fortune were the story, the set pieces, the characters and the dialogue. The elements that are most praised about the series. I found that these, while above par by video game standards, are a far cry in quality from the hype or from the likes of games like The Last of Us or Mass Effect or Bioshock. The main characters have potential but they felt under utilized with the villains being utterly cliche and forgettable. In addition, the story was not as front and center as I hoped. The story that was featured was pretty by the numbers and seemed to cherry pick scenes from better adventure films rather than coming up with its own original content. I do like the Francis Drake McGuffin. I'd like to have seen even more of a historical integration.

I know this review seems almost entirely negative but I did enjoy myself while playing the game and the fact that I completed it is a certain amount of validation (though some points were quite a slog). Drake's Fortune shows the promise of what the series could be (is?) and hopefully as I move forward in the Uncharted Collection the sequels live up to that promise.
  45. Jan 12, 2016
    If you came for a pre-PS2 Tomb Raider-like adventure, you have been fooled, like many of us. If you came for an endless shooting fest with the occasional gorgeous sight or funny dialog, you might just feel at home.

Marketed as an adventure game with tons of exploration and good puzzles, what you get is a game that is 90% shooting, 9% exploration and 1% puzzles. The so-called puzzles

The so-called puzzles are offensive to the intelectual level of even a child (even though the game is clearly targeted at adults with all the swearing and violence) and, just in case you suffered from brain damage recently, it flat out spoils the thing to you a minute after it started to get interesting because you actually had to think (though this can be disabled through an option no one tells you exists in the menus). I am not joking when I say that Crash Bandicoot is more intelectually challenging.

The exploration is almost always not actually exploration since most of the time you only have one way to go and it is very clear which way that is, as the camera often points you directly to it. If you have two ways to go then you can bet the one that looks less like the way forward will have a not-so-secret secret in it. Speaking of which, the secrets are not actually useful for anything other than decorating your menu and PSN account. They don't interfere with the game in any way, so there is little incentive in picking them. The one redeeming quality is that the scenery is gorgeous even by today's standards. Everything is smooth and the colors stand out. However, they seem to have traded in some serious frames per second in favour of that. This can be forgiven since that is usually the way it is.

And there is the shooting. It is endless. There are no enemies hanging around by themselves. It is always a big wave of enemies shooting at you like there is no tomorrow and you have no option but to hide behind things and pray that they will not shoot at you from another angle from somewhere you cannot see. They usually take 4 or 5 hits to die unless you manage to perform a headshot which always feels like it is more than just shooting in the head, since 90% of the time you shoot someone in the head they will stay alive as if nothing happened. Also, there is no way to kill without being noticed. As soon as you kill the first guy, the other ones will start screaming and shooting, so there is really no incentive in even trying to be stealthy about it. You have melee combat which is actually quite fun, but as soons as chapter 4 you are already suicidal if you try to employ it. Also, this game features mandatory auto-healing, which I would usually be against, but, hey, you have 20 men shooting at you like crazy-- you take any help you can.

The only reason I gave this game a 5 is because it has great visuals, good enough plot, funny characters and some decent music. Everything else it tries to do is ruined by either padding (which is clearly the reason for all the battles), underestimating their target audience's intelligence level or trying to appeal to everyone at once.

I heard that Uncharted 2 remedied many of these problems, but I am not paying to see it.
  46. Jan 10, 2016
    +good tomb raider style platforming
    +aside from the character models, the visuals still hold up very well
    +covershooting sections are somewhat enjoyable
    -covershooting sections kinda tend to drag on and happen far too often
    -platforming feels finicky at points
    -story is pretty average
    -puzzles are insultingly easy
  47. Dec 29, 2015
    Uncharted is such a good game. It has an interesting story, cinematic gameplay, and is a genuinely difficult 3rd person shooter. They even manage to throw in zombies.
  48. Dec 27, 2015
    It's oddly addictive despite it's numerous frustrating design choices and overly-simplistic puzzles. Enemy AI is quite aggressive which makes for some cool and tense gunfights but enemies take way too much damage, Uncharted goes by the logic that if a headshot is the Black Plague then a shot anywhere else to the body is a zit. Additionally the weapon ranges and damage are total BS. ShotgunIt's oddly addictive despite it's numerous frustrating design choices and overly-simplistic puzzles. Enemy AI is quite aggressive which makes for some cool and tense gunfights but enemies take way too much damage, Uncharted goes by the logic that if a headshot is the Black Plague then a shot anywhere else to the body is a zit. Additionally the weapon ranges and damage are total BS. Shotgun range is nerfed to an idiotic degree, the AK47 is less powerful than your starting pistol and the grenade launcher/grenades have a damage radius of what seems like two metres... There are also a few on-rails/vehicle segments which are just inexplicably frustrating and really leave a sour taste.

The story is a pastiche of 37 other booty conquest stories and the dialogue is extremely average but Nolan North does sound like he's giving it his all so I understand why he's so lauded.

As I mentioned, there are many frustrating elements but on the whole this is a fun and beautifully presented time-killer.
  49. Dec 21, 2015
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a fun, albeit somewhat flawed, experience. The characters are great, and the story is intriguing. However, there just seems to be a lot of repetition in the gun fights. There are way too many.
  50. Dec 17, 2015
    The game isn't bad but isn't good either, a lot of glitches and many loadings. Is so many amount of battle scenes kinda bored, the story is short and don't keep you what'll happen next, could've been better but I undertand Naughty Dog started doing this type of hardcore audience games, isn't necessary to play this game if you had already begun Uncharted 2 & 3 but always is good to know howThe game isn't bad but isn't good either, a lot of glitches and many loadings. Is so many amount of battle scenes kinda bored, the story is short and don't keep you what'll happen next, could've been better but I undertand Naughty Dog started doing this type of hardcore audience games, isn't necessary to play this game if you had already begun Uncharted 2 & 3 but always is good to know how started everything right? The voice acting always is good like always put effort Naughty Dog in their games! I can't give a bad score in this game I just hookup with Uncharted to the end! Expand
  51. Dec 3, 2015
    I didn't even beat the game that's how frustrated it made me. I wanted to start the Uncharted series because i saw trailers of the 4th one and it looks awesome but not this one. The gunplay is horrible and there is way too many bad guys to kill this is one guy and it gives you like 20 guys to kill and then 5 mins later 20 more so on and so forth i don't know how this got game of the yearI didn't even beat the game that's how frustrated it made me. I wanted to start the Uncharted series because i saw trailers of the 4th one and it looks awesome but not this one. The gunplay is horrible and there is way too many bad guys to kill this is one guy and it gives you like 20 guys to kill and then 5 mins later 20 more so on and so forth i don't know how this got game of the year 007 Goldeneye is better than this, I understand Naughty Dog makes great games like the last of us, crash bandicoot, and Jak and Daxter but this one just isn't good, im just going to play the 2nd and 3rd one. Expand
  52. Dec 2, 2015
    I could never understand the love this game gets.
    The story is just good, nothing really amazing, no real motives for the characters other than they want to get rich. Voice acting is great and the visuals are still pretty good even though we're in the next generation of video games.
    I could never understand the love this game gets.

As for the gunplay, it's mediocre at best and at times just plain awful. You take cover and they send hordes of bullet sponge enemies at you. Headshots can kill in one shot but they never quite seem to work as smoothly as other shooters. After you kill a wave of 20 enemies, who all have a specific character model depending on what weapon their holding, which makes for little variety, 20 more spawn and you have to fight for 5 more boring minutes. The guns sound like bb guns, and there is barely any variety of them. For people who praise the gunplay as "exciting", to me it seems like they haven't played other pure cover based third person shooters such as Gears of War, Ghost Recon (and I mean that with no disrespect to Uncharted lovers). Even Mass Effect 3 had better gunplay. I've seen people argue by saying Uncharted isn't a third person shooter, it's a story-driven adventure game, but the fact is 80-90% of the game is mediocre shooting.

The game gets more interesting when you can explore ruins by climbing obstacles Assassin's Creed style, but eventually you realize it's completely linear with no alternative ways of reaching your destination. You climb a rock, the camera points to a ledge and only that ledge and you press jump to jump there. Pretty disappointing as you're supposed to feel like an adventurer/treasure hunter, but you don't get a chance to actually explore, only an illusion of it.

Probably the worst part of all is the puzzles you encounter when exploring ruins. Some of the easiest puzzles I've ever encountered in video games that requires little thinking. You sometimes look at your notepad which pretty much gives away the answer to the puzzles. They usually require doing only one simple objective multiple times. For example; climb up later, pull lever, climb up adjacent ladder, pull lever. A game like Tomb Raider excels in the exploring and puzzling department miles better than this game.

Overall a mediocre game, and a pretty lackluster start to a beloved series. I haven't played the sequels because of how little I enjoyed this game, but I'm assuming either all of them are bad, or Uncharted 1 gets praised for something its successors do. This game tries to be everything but in that process it doesn't exactly succeed at anything, save for storytelling and acting. If I want exciting third person action, I'll go play Gears. If I want the freedom to climb and explore, there's a whole catalog of Assassin's Creed games for the choosing. If I want to go on an adventure and treasure hunter, Tomb Raider offers that.
    Uncharted just seems like the exclusive game PS3 owners at the time needed to brag to their 360 owning friends, but the hype and praise surrounding this game just wasn't there for me.
  53. Nov 29, 2015
    Game: Uncharted Drake's Fortune
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Total Score: 8.6/100 Value Score: 86/10 • Story: 9/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 8/10 Pros +A lot of unlockables which lets players choose how to play
    Game: Uncharted Drake's Fortune
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Total Score: 8.6/100

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 8/10

Pros
    +A lot of unlockables which lets players choose how to play the game such as slowing down time, increasing time, playing in black or white, etc
    +There's also costumes that can be unlocked with other features by collecting treasures
    +Gameplay for the most part is enjoyable especially during combat scenes
    +Puzzles are nicely done and even assists you in times when you are stuck by giving hints
    +A good variety of weapon types and weapons
    +You can play specific chapters whenever you want once completing the game

Cons
    -Game is very linear in design
    -Not much exploration as there are only treasures and weapons/ammo
    -No multiplayer in a game that feels like MP would be great.
  54. Nov 1, 2015
    This game is fantastic, although the graphics are already noticeably aged (not that much though), the gameplay and story are great, of the trilogy this is the easiest one and the one I recommend to start with, not only because of the story but because of the gameplay as well, I feel is the most accesible of the trilogy.
  55. Oct 30, 2015
    Graphics: 8.5 Sound: 8.2 Gameplay: 8.0 Fun/Story: 8.4

A solid new IP that was the basis for very good sequels (U2 and U3). Some collision and physics problems (seems personages don´t walk naturally on the floor). Overall a good game.
  56. Oct 27, 2015
    Over all has a good story and characters. Aggro comes often, which I don't mind so much, but controls are clumsy and counter intuitive, ammunition is at a premium. Game requires you to fire from cover, but cover comes at different angles, quite often putting you in the line of fire due to the fact that Drake has picked the wrong facet of a pillar or wall to hide behind, no fault due to theOver all has a good story and characters. Aggro comes often, which I don't mind so much, but controls are clumsy and counter intuitive, ammunition is at a premium. Game requires you to fire from cover, but cover comes at different angles, quite often putting you in the line of fire due to the fact that Drake has picked the wrong facet of a pillar or wall to hide behind, no fault due to the player. Scoped firing moves slower than the targets, eliminating rapid fire and quick target acquisition. Awkward camera angles are no friend to the player either. Sometimes make it impossible to see targets or objectives. Expand
  57. Oct 21, 2015
    I played this game on ps3 this summer, 2015 this first time. the graphic is surprisingly decent given how old the game is. the gameplay is also decent. the seeds are planted in this game which lead to the amazing uncharted 2. all in all it is a decent game
  58. Oct 18, 2015
    Another spectacular edition to the PlayStation 3's library.

Pros:
    Awesome story
    Great characters
    Badass action
    Looks Great
    Great Replay Value

Cons:
    Too Short
    Uneven Gunplay
  59. Oct 17, 2015
    The game was good. The story was solid. I definitely had my Indiana Jones vibe in full swing during the game. The only downside is the terrible shooting controls.
  60. Oct 3, 2015
    A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets Nathan Drake on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The search turns deadly when Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.
  61. Sep 12, 2015
    The first episode of the legendary game series . It all began here and in other parts to fine tune almost everything to perfection . When it re- summarize the first part of the weakest in the series but the ratings speak for themselves.
  62. Sep 10, 2015
    Not really a masterpiece to play, but it's worth getting if you have a Playstation 3, The gameplay is very stunning, and it is greatly fantastic to try out, although the combat is really repetitive on the other hand, they fixed this in the games sequels thank god, although.
  63. Aug 27, 2015
    It is an OK game.
    The graphics are stunning, very nicely made for the time in which the game came out. The presentation is by far the best feature of the game. The facial expressions are a bit awkward, though.
    The soundtrack is OK: the main theme stays in your head, even if it is not great. The length is what is to be expected of a third person shooter for PS3. However, the story is
    It is an OK game.
    The length is what is to be expected of a third person shooter for PS3. However, the story is just average and the gameplay is highly repetitive (shooting and shooting, some climbing and then, again, shooting).

So, basically, the main problem of this game is the gameplay. The controls are not too good and the whole game you will see yourself shooting at hundreds of enemies. These enemies do not wear any kevlar armor but still need 4 or 5 bullets from your AK47 to be put down. In Uncharted, everything concerning the shooting gameplay is mediocre. And shooting is 90% of Uncharted.
  64. Aug 15, 2015
    Playing this game in 2015 really shows it's age. I love me some classic games, but this one hasn't aged well at all. The good: the presentation is fantastic, the soundtrack being on top, the characters and voice acting is great and the graphics are still nice today. Though there was a lot of screentearing. But unfortunately the gameplay is painfully mediocre (coming from Naughty Dog).Playing this game in 2015 really shows it's age. I love me some classic games, but this one hasn't aged well at all. The good: the presentation is fantastic, the soundtrack being on top, the characters and voice acting is great and the graphics are still nice today. Though there was a lot of screentearing. But unfortunately the gameplay is painfully mediocre (coming from Naughty Dog). Luckily they went from a turd to a masterpiece with Uncharted 2, but this one gets a 6/10 from me. Expand
  65. Jul 7, 2015
    As always people a little excited instantly blew this game up high to 10/10s and claims of being a masterpiece. Probably influenced by the critics reviews and the lack of adventure games when it was released. But those who played it can't deny these basic flaws:
    There are big and tedious hordes of enemies coming out everywhere, with poorly placed spawns and in an unreasonable cycling fashion. You kill an horde, make a step forward another one commences, until you get to the next room. It almost feels like a tower defense game.
    The shooting isn't great, the cover system will fail you most of the times with Drake obsessively hugging every wall and taking bad cover. The weapon balancement is ridiculous, some weapons are stupidly strong while others are close to being toys. Regardless, the enemies even without the slightest armor will take a ton of hits to get kill unless you shoot them in the head, which was probably the most rewarding mechanic.
    Sometimes the level design fools you into thinking you can sneak by some enemies but it will automatically trigger alerts when you get close, and trust me, you'll want to avoid combat like a plague at a certain point.

Calling this game an adventure game about exploration was an absolute lie, there's no exploring at all, most of the places where you can get are there to actually advance in the game, only sometimes there will be really small portions of the "stages" where you'll be able to find "not so well hidden" treasures.

Many levels are very poorly designed, you'll find yourself killed by enemies spawning at your back. Entering stages where you'll instantly get granades thrown at without any way to get back to safety. After the first few hours the melee combat system will be virtually useless with enemies knocking you out like professional boxers. The climbing sections are lying between "guessing" frustration and "repetitive" button mashing: that means most of the time you'll find yourself mashing the X button because regardless of where you go most of the time you won't need to think where to aim. Until some parts where it will become pretty bad because of the camera angle shifting your controls and messing up your sense of direction and the absolute inability of knowing what ledges you can grab onto. You'll find yourself jumping to stupidly far away ledges and grabbing to them or jump to really close ones and dying from trying.
    If you want to make the jumping tricky, because you have to press the button at the right moment or Drake will fall to its death, you can do it but you shouldn't fill the map with invisible walls and ungrappable ledges.

The story is also predictable, but still interesting.
    The characters are likable, at least Drake and Sully are fun sometimes.
    The graphics are good for the time but the scenarios are very samey, all forest, and with scarse detail.

So to summarize:
    -dull platforming/climbing
    -empty unexplorable map
    -Nice story/characters
    -Poor graphics

Definitely enjoyable by someone who likes to just shoot a lot, because the puzzles are very easy, a child could solve them. But you have to get over the **** like lacking platforming and bad spawns.

Gotta be an hardcore fan to enjoy it all the way through.
  66. Jul 7, 2015
    This is the best action adventure game I have played in so long. The game is absolutely beautiful. Huge outdoor areas, great puzzles to solve and the most engaging story and characters I have experienced in a game so far. Drake's triumphs are yours to enjoy and when you fail it's disappointing but the game is so great you'll get back up and try until you perfect it.
  67. SAV
    Jun 26, 2015
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune è la prima avventura di una delle saghe più rappresentative dell'universo PlayStation, nonché una delle primissime killer application della terza console da salotto di casa Sony. Nei panni del giovane avventuriero Nathan Drake vivremo un'emozionante avventura alla ricerca del leggendario tesoro di Eldorado. Un gioco bellissimo che può vantarsi di una graficaUncharted: Drake's Fortune è la prima avventura di una delle saghe più rappresentative dell'universo PlayStation, nonché una delle primissime killer application della terza console da salotto di casa Sony. Nei panni del giovane avventuriero Nathan Drake vivremo un'emozionante avventura alla ricerca del leggendario tesoro di Eldorado. Un gioco bellissimo che può vantarsi di una grafica fantastica, di bellissime musiche e di una giocabilità tanto semplice quanto divertente. Unica pecca una longevità non proprio elevata che ci porterà a terminare il gioco nel giro di 10 ore. Un acquisto obbligato per qualunque possessore di una PlayStation 3. Expand
  68. Jun 21, 2015
    UC2 is one of my favorite games ever. I played it before I played Uncharted Drake's fortune, so naturally this game was a big setback for me gameplay wise. The story and setting is great as it always is in the Uncharted games. Music is also wonderful. And don't even get me started with the voice acting.

There is one part in the game that completely changes from an action/adventure game to a horror game. That part was extremely frightening and that is always cool to see. Scary bits in other games than horror games that are actually scarier than most horror games are always great.

One big minus that I really didn't care for was the blood-splatter that came out of the enemies whenever I hit them with bullets. It was too corny and unrealistic for my taste.
  69. Apr 8, 2015
    The first time I saw Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, it did not seem anything special: a fun game, but nothing more. With the release of the second chapter, however, and the acclamation that it begat, I decided to try a demo with my own hands and suddenly I started to like the game, and a lot. I'm glad it happened.

The plot of Uncharted is not one of the most original, but it was nice. I

The plot of Uncharted is not one of the most original, but it was nice. I found references to Indiana Jones and to the many legends around the myth of El Dorado and Sir Francis Drake, a great theme on which to develop a story, in which among other twists certainly didn't lack. I liked all the characters, but it is clear how everything revolves around Nathan Drake who has a charisma and a personality that I liked it right away. There wasn't still a strong cinematographic inspiration, but the game came very close to it.

The gameplay of Uncharted was quite simple, that one of a common third-person shooter, but it also had something of its own. The controls were comfortable, the roofing system, very important, it worked very well. Very beautiful and elaborate free-climbing sequences, and it was fun to use the jeep and the watercraft. The melee combat were fine, although I noted some clumsy movements. The AI ​​of the enemies was good, but sometimes unrealistic and improvable. I must admit that among the three chapters, this is the one with the highest level of difficulty.

The graphic was great, the result of a careful study of the technical possibilities of the PlayStation 3, but this was only the beginning of what was really possible to do.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is not a perfect game, and it has its limitations. But it is the starting point for what would come next, and as such starting point was completely a success. Naughty Dog has shown its ability.
  70. Apr 6, 2015
    Drake's Fortune is a game that is a rarity, with many tepid first person shooters, CoD games and big budget titles coming in and out, it is DEFINATLEY a classic and one of the best games on PS3. Uncharted kills some next gen games, the graphics are jaw droppingly AMAZING. The slow burn thrills, and the action packed set pieces are great. Many games borrow the adventure and plat formingDrake's Fortune is a game that is a rarity, with many tepid first person shooters, CoD games and big budget titles coming in and out, it is DEFINATLEY a classic and one of the best games on PS3. Uncharted kills some next gen games, the graphics are jaw droppingly AMAZING. The slow burn thrills, and the action packed set pieces are great. Many games borrow the adventure and plat forming elements Uncharted pulls off with great ease. It's a game that Naughty Dog should remake on the PS4, and with the PS Now subscription now available, we can play Drake's Fortune as a HD Remastered version on the new hardware! If you haven't experianced Uncharted before, that would be a nice chance to play the game on new consoles, or just get a PS3! ;) Expand
  71. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.

For its time, this game is a 10/10. Looking back, it is still a 9/10 and led the way to the amazing Uncharted series and The Last of Us.
  72. Feb 9, 2015
    A little frustrating game, but it's still a very good looker (considering it is 2007) and has a simple yet entertaining gameplay. It's not a masterpiece at all, however, and it is far behind both Uncharted 2 and 3.
  73. Feb 2, 2015
    Almost a good game. Graphics are good but confusing. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between background decoration and interactable ledges. Gun play gets frustrating towards the end. Aiming is slow and when you're surrounded by melee enemies, there's no way you can react fast enough. Naughty Dog might think that it's a good way to increase game lenght by making the players doAlmost a good game. Graphics are good but confusing. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between background decoration and interactable ledges. Gun play gets frustrating towards the end. Aiming is slow and when you're surrounded by melee enemies, there's no way you can react fast enough. Naughty Dog might think that it's a good way to increase game lenght by making the players do things that are not really working with game mechanics.
    Still, it's an interesting game with somewhat illogical level design.
  74. Jan 22, 2015
    Uncharted one is a awesome game. This game had great dialogue, fun and interesting gameplay, it also has a cool setting and unique characters. This game is a classic
  75. Jan 17, 2015
    Although the game shows its age, Uncharted is still a strong start to a fantastic adventure franchise. Nathan Drake is the modern Indiana Jones in just about every sense of the word.

8.5/10
  76. Jan 2, 2015
    Indiana Jones light. I love this type of exotic adventure, the ancient treasure hunt, some mystique thrown in and charismatic hunter in the lead. That's why I love Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Nathan Drake is not as sympathetic or cool as Indiana, nor is he as sexy as Lara Croft, but he still gets the job done. The closest to Uncharted are probably first two Tomb Raiders and IndianaIndiana Jones light. I love this type of exotic adventure, the ancient treasure hunt, some mystique thrown in and charismatic hunter in the lead. That's why I love Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones. Nathan Drake is not as sympathetic or cool as Indiana, nor is he as sexy as Lara Croft, but he still gets the job done. The closest to Uncharted are probably first two Tomb Raiders and Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine, both better than this. The problem with Uncharted is that it soon turns into a shooting fest and that kills the game basically. Most of the time you're just shooting waves and waves of enemies, it doesn't even make sense, they just keep magically appearing where it suits them, one moment there is an empty room, you make one step and suddenly the room is filled with 10 bastardos. Wave after wave after wave, it gets boring pretty soon and annoying soon after that. The clunky combat mechanics and often bad camera doesn't help either. If the game was more focused on the exploration, the story and the mysteries ala Indiana Jones and less on shooting, it would be much better. Hopefully Naughty Dog learned from their mistakes and improved this in the next Uncharted chapters, I'm going to play all of them in order soon, so we will see. So far, this is a promising start, a bit overrated, but that's usually the case with Naughty Dog games, so I'm keeping my expectations fairly low and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised with the next Uncharted title. 6/10 Expand
  77. Dec 29, 2014
    Design problems aside, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune creates a great cinematic experience through video game format, full of high tension action and adventure and a really likeable protagonist.
  78. Dec 19, 2014
    I didn´t played the other parts so far, so was the best action-platformer i played up to this point! Great and interesting story, good graphics (even for its age) and a likeable and charming main character. Only the gunplay felt a little bit clunky. You can get it for like 5€ so you should definitely give it a try!
  79. Nov 19, 2014
    I played this game like less then a year ago. I was a blast. I really enjoyed it. I bought the PS3 last black friday 2013 and got the game as well. Amazing graphics for such an old game. I havent moved on to the second game yet but I do own it. Im sad that my friends made me buy Xbox One so I wont get to play the newest one for quite some time. 10/10
  80. Nov 9, 2014
    An adventure that awakens the feeling is watching those summer blockbuster, looks a lot like an Indiana Jones movie, which is seen by the fact, was actually based on that. Uncharted proves an effective game, his story is ok, its interesting characters and scenarios your drives in a game that stuck for a good story, frenetic action and fun.
  81. Nov 6, 2014
    The first game to resemble a Hollywood blockbuster. Stunning graphics, great story, one of the best cast of characters in video games and solid action help start one of the greatest franchises of the 7th console generation. Even if the gunplay can get unfair, and that the game doesn't have much replay value, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not experiencing "Drake's Fortune" andThe first game to resemble a Hollywood blockbuster. Stunning graphics, great story, one of the best cast of characters in video games and solid action help start one of the greatest franchises of the 7th console generation. Even if the gunplay can get unfair, and that the game doesn't have much replay value, you would be doing yourself a disservice by not experiencing "Drake's Fortune" and the rest of the "Uncharted" Series.

For the full review, check out "BathroomGamers" on YouTube :)
  82. Nov 3, 2014
    Fue el mejor juego de PS3 en sus inicios y a día de hoy sigue siendo uno de los mejores. Una aventura muy divertida con una buena trama, con un protagonista genial y unos secundarios a la altura y todo con unos gráficos muy buenos que, aunque hayan sido superados por sus secuelas, marcó una diferencia entre lo que podíamos ver en una PS2 y una PS3. Imprescindible si se tiene PS3.
  83. Oct 30, 2014
    Well if you can excuse me for a bit, I am going to describe it simply as a worse "Uncharted 2". In every aspect, the game is just quite noticeable downgrade from Uncharted 2 (apologies again, but I just played "Unch.2" first). The game-play is problematic and it's harder to make Drake take the actions I want; the story is a bit simpler and the atmosphere and locations/graphics are notWell if you can excuse me for a bit, I am going to describe it simply as a worse "Uncharted 2". In every aspect, the game is just quite noticeable downgrade from Uncharted 2 (apologies again, but I just played "Unch.2" first). The game-play is problematic and it's harder to make Drake take the actions I want; the story is a bit simpler and the atmosphere and locations/graphics are not quite there yet. If you played "Uncharted 2" I don't recommend this (unless you don't have anything else on the table). Overall the game is quite alright as a single title. Expand
  84. Oct 28, 2014
    Pros:
    -Slick presentation
    -Likable cast -Challenging even on easy -Exciting gameplay. -Parkcore ala Prince of Persia Cons -monotonous gameplay. Walk to in a room. Baddies infest room. Kill them. Second wave of baddies -It's challenging even on easy. -In the parkcore parts sometimes you don't notice a ledge and get stuck -Camera can be frustrating at times as it moves to a more
    Pros:
    -Slick presentation
    -Likable cast
    -Challenging even on easy
    -Exciting gameplay.
    -Parkcore ala Prince of Persia

Cons
    -It's challenging even on easy.
    -In the parkcore parts sometimes you don't notice a ledge and get stuck
    -Camera can be frustrating at times as it moves to a more cinematic angle

Conclusion: Big, shiny, and polished but the gameplay can sometimes get in the way of the enjoyment. Would still recommend it though, especially if you are more seasoned with 3rd person shooters.
  85. Oct 19, 2014
    A very entertaining game. Not always perfect in the gameplay, but very good with the story and characters. It is actually good that this one was not as memorable as the other games because it made U2 all the more perfect.
  86. Sep 14, 2014
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a really good game. The story is interesting as characters. Environments could have been a little more change, and the story could have been a bit longer. In any case, overall very good game, the atmosphere remains good all the time.

If you like the story of the games, for this you definitely need to play.
  87. Sep 2, 2014
    In a nutshell, this is Tomb raider: Guy edition.

But regardless of its obvious inspiration, Uncharted manages to be its own thing as well. Following in the spirit of adventure movies of the 80's similar to Indiana Jones, Jewel of the Nile, Sahara, etc. The story is a little generic which is typical of its style, and aside from Drake the other characters aren't really explored that
    In a nutshell, this is Tomb raider: Guy edition.

The story is a little generic which is typical of its style, and aside from Drake the other characters aren't really explored that thoroughly. Still Drake is utterly likable and is very charming. It's understandable why he's become such a gaming Icon.

Visually, for a 2007 game, not bad. Still a bit rough around the edges but for the time impressive.

Gameplay is really were this game feels like Tomb raider, except better. Combat is alright, could be improved upon. Stealth is almost non existent, even though it should be possible. Platforming in general is done pretty well, but the camera angles do leave a bit to be desired at times.

Overall:
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a great start to a great franchise. Obviously a little rough around the edges, but for what it is and when it came out, a great game.
  88. Aug 19, 2014
    An absolutely visually and mechanically brilliant game, Uncharted offers a great story, with engaging combat and puzzles as well. The story is one of the best In years; it's full of twists and turns, and makes you feel for the characters. The combat is impressive, with great shooting, but the melee is awful. It feels like a QTE, which isn't that fun. The puzzles feel very well composed,An absolutely visually and mechanically brilliant game, Uncharted offers a great story, with engaging combat and puzzles as well. The story is one of the best In years; it's full of twists and turns, and makes you feel for the characters. The combat is impressive, with great shooting, but the melee is awful. It feels like a QTE, which isn't that fun. The puzzles feel very well composed, yet frustratingly hard at some points. Overall, not as good as its sequels, but a great game nonetheless. A must buy for anybody who appreciates an excellent story. Expand
  89. Aug 12, 2014
    It is definitely the worst Uncharted launched on PS3. But still, it is Uncharted with nice characters and decent story. I am glad that Naughty Dog improved all aspects of the game and made brilliant sequels, Uncharted 2 & 3.
  90. Aug 11, 2014
    I found the game a little bit irritating at times as you're involved in a shoot-out every five seconds, and are out numbered the majority of the time. But I did like the story and had a lot of fun playing it.
  91. Aug 8, 2014
    Drake's Fortune is hard, but rewarding and fun. It's basically parkour meets guns meets Nathan Drake. Nolan North does a great job as always. A must-play classic.
  92. Jul 25, 2014
    So drakes fortune was to be killed by zombies ex Nazis....worst story ever really let me down. Only for American kids...Wasted my money on this bullsh1t...
  93. Jul 19, 2014
    Its basically a Tomb Raider game with a male protagonist , but they added some cover based gun mechanics to the mixture, while reducing the puzzle factor a bit... TBH this is the way it appeals to me, keeping it simple, no need to think about puzzles for more than 5-10 minutes, quick progression trough the story, and nice graphics and controls. Even my girlfriend loved it!! so now I cantIts basically a Tomb Raider game with a male protagonist , but they added some cover based gun mechanics to the mixture, while reducing the puzzle factor a bit... TBH this is the way it appeals to me, keeping it simple, no need to think about puzzles for more than 5-10 minutes, quick progression trough the story, and nice graphics and controls. Even my girlfriend loved it!! so now I cant play with the 2., and 3rd episode until she comes back so we can play together. its a great adventure game, but not a 10 pointer because of the vast amount of cliches, not too original characters, and a tiny bit repetitive sections, and world. Expand
  94. Jul 15, 2014
    Uncharted is a fun and well made game, well worth playing through for almost any gamer. It'll take most less than 10 hours to play though, but those hours are filled with capable and fun third person shooting, cinematic platforming, and the occasional puzzle which is all very reminiscent of the older Tomb Raider games or films like National Treasure or The Mummy. The storyline is prettyUncharted is a fun and well made game, well worth playing through for almost any gamer. It'll take most less than 10 hours to play though, but those hours are filled with capable and fun third person shooting, cinematic platforming, and the occasional puzzle which is all very reminiscent of the older Tomb Raider games or films like National Treasure or The Mummy. The storyline is pretty much par-for-the-course, taking no real risks while remaining well written and paced for what it is; containing memorable characters who I enjoyed my time with. Cut scenes establish motive and set the scene without feeling too drawn out. All in all, this is a solid game that doesn't overstay it's welcome. Nothing particularly groundbreaking or special about it, but well crafted and enjoyable with nothing beyond the most superficial of flaws. I'd recommend this to most gamers. Expand
  95. Jul 11, 2014
    AMAZING GAME, but slightly not as good as Uncharted 3. This game has great locations and graphics, and the two combined provide a great gaming experience. The game also has very like able characters. You won't get bored even after finishing it 3-4 times. Only problem is that it is a bit too difficult - especially on Hard, and Crushing difficulties.
  96. Jun 30, 2014
    I love the humour (Drake is such a cool character), the cover shooting gameplay and the story, however it was a little short. The sequels are superior but this is still highly recommended.
  97. Jun 24, 2014
    This is the only game that has made me destroy the PS3 controller twice. Don't play it!!!!!!
    The irritation due to the steering + the camera changing angles all the time when you are climbing that makes you fall and die when you want to jump makes this game 0/10.
    There are some places, kind of often, when you start at a doorway and have to fight 10 enemies and all the enemies tosses grenades at you and you have nowhere to run because it wont allow you to go back, and forward you will die because they will kill you in a few shots, 0/10.
    The gun can kill a person in one shot, but the AK needs at least 20 shots to kill a person, even the Uzi is better than a AK. Tossing grenades at enemies don't kill them unless you have shot them first, 0/10
    Story is kind of good, but because this game is completely unplayable otherwise: 0/10
  98. Jun 20, 2014
    A perfect mixture of Tomb raider and Prince of Persia. Addictive game that forces you to play it until you pass it. Combats are dynamic and occasionally pretty hard.
    Graphics are a bit outdated, yet still beautiful, but what the hell, it is a 2007. game.
    I truly hope that the later series are at least equally good as is this one.
  99. Jun 6, 2014
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a 2007 action-adventure video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by SCEA, as a PS3 exclusive.

Anyway, let's begin... Story: UDF follows the adventures of the modern-day treasure hunter, Nathan "Nate" Drake, who believes himself to be related to the famous sailor, Sir Francis Drake. UDF begins with Ntae and a journalist by the name Elena Fisher

Anyway, let's begin...

Story: UDF follows the adventures of the modern-day treasure hunter, Nathan "Nate" Drake, who believes himself to be related to the famous sailor, Sir Francis Drake. UDF begins with Ntae and a journalist by the name Elena Fisher finding Sir Franky's coffin, discovering thathe has faked his death in order to continue his search the the treasure El Dorado. Shortly **** hits the fan and our heroes find themselves fighting against pirates and mercenaries who are also searching for the golden treasure. Now, if you couldn't tell, UDF basically takes elements from other action-adventure, treasure hunting storylines *cough* Indiana Jones! *cough* But, while not being original, the plot features excellent dialogues and believable characters. It's a very cinematic experience with some truly spectecular set-pieces, not to mention that the game knows when to take itself seriously, and when to take itsrlf silly. It won't be remembered for its story, but at least it has enough heart to set it apart from other, cliched, dick-riding action games 9/10

Graphics: Using ND's own in-house engine, UDF is a beautifully detailed game that looks superb even to this day (2014). It's a great example of the PS3's power and a solid stepping stone for other visually stunning exclusives. The game's suffers from a few hiccups here and there, though. 9.5/10

Sound: The soundtrack was composed by Greg Edmonson (also composed the sequels' soundtracks), and I don't have any major complaints about it. Many of the tracks use drums, which is very fitting for the whole 'treasure hunting' theme of the game, especially the main theme and an OST called "Sir Francis Drake" (a very sad, yet beautiful piece of music). The voice acting is nothing short of greatness, with everyone's favorite-to-mock actor, Nolan North as Drake. Special mentions go to James Sie and Simon Templeman as antagonists Eddy Raja and Gabriel Roman. 9/10

Gameplay: UDF is a third-person shooter with elements of puzzles and platforming. Oh, and a bit of stealth but it's kind of **** Anyway, most of the time you end up in gunfights against large mobs of dudes and use cover and physical combat when necessary. Overall, the combat is satisfying but can be a bit complicated at times, aspecially during combos and stealth; doing those punching combos can be tiring - "why the hell can't I simply ninja-kick that dude to sky?" I asked myself. The there is the stealth; sure, they improved it in U2 and U3, but in this game that mechanic can be a total douchebag. Throughout five years of owning and playing this game,I could use stealth only something like five times: not because I hate stealth, but because it's hard to use it! In stead, Drake seems to favor punching guys from behind, leading to me being massacred by the pirate's buddies. Back to the good bits of the gameplay: the platforming - I really enjoy the fact how flexible and fast the platforming is, rarely feels clunky. The puzzles are another good thing, as they require both brains and brawn to solve them; they won't make you any smarter, but thankfully never feel too dumbed-down. 8.5/10

Lasting Appeal: UDF takes somewhere from 6-to-12 hours to finish, a solid length for a single-player only game. Then you can look for treasures (collectables) and unlock new bonuses such as unlimited ammo, new skins for Drake and some other twists. 7/10

Final Verdict: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is not Naughty Dog's best. A solid stepping stone for its sequels, the game nevertheless suffers from some gameplay mechanics that can be infuriating at times, though those are often overshadowed by solid gunplay/platforming/puzzles and high production values.
    Final score: 8.6/10
    Recommendation: "Rent it", for all it is, it's great, but lacks enough content to give it a full recommendation, and the gameplay is not good enough to cover it's length. Rent a copy and check, because it's still worth a few hours of playing, but buy it only if you love it.
  100. May 22, 2014
    Drake's Fortune is a very ambitious game. It plays out like a summer blockbuster with a high-concept story, lovable characters, strong acting, and exciting set pieces.
  101. Sep 1, 2010

The final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist.
    This game is one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've had this year, and it's definitely a great reason to own a PS3. The mix of platforming and gunplay worked really well and left me craving the next title in the series.
  3. By starting with a great control and camera system, building on that with excellent combat and a wonderful spin on Ico's platform adventuring, and then topping it off with a decent storyline, Naughty Dog has cooked up one of the most relentlessly entertaining, fat-free games to emerge in ages. Topped off with the most stunning use of the PS3's underused technical prowess yet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is, for my money, the first must-have PlayStation 3 title.