6.4

1. Sep 21, 2013
    Good: It is a good entertainment.
    Bad: The truth is that is really "cheap" game at several levels. So I did one question to myself: "Why paying for this game when you can play free on internet similar games (with the same graphics)?
  2. Feb 23, 2013
    First off, let me say this: screw the critics. Urban trials is a fun, challenging game in the same vain as Trials HD on the Xbox. I will admit that its a watered down clone and it doesn't have the same personality but it is still fun and that is all that counts. The graphics are early PS3, the frame rate does tend to stutter at times, and the background chatter is annoying. Early in theFirst off, let me say this: screw the critics. Urban trials is a fun, challenging game in the same vain as Trials HD on the Xbox. I will admit that its a watered down clone and it doesn't have the same personality but it is still fun and that is all that counts. The graphics are early PS3, the frame rate does tend to stutter at times, and the background chatter is annoying. Early in the game, it is nearly impossible to get a fast run time and it is nearly impossible to do a basic flip because the bike you are given is slow and heavy but after a few runs you will have enough money to pimp out your bike (and rider) and things get much faster at that point. I love the urban street setting, riding across cars, tractors, and having the highway collapse under my bike is cool. This game is not perfect but it is fun and it is worth the price. Check out the demo and see for yourself. Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2015
    Urban Trial Freestyle is fun, except only at the beginning. Eventually, the difficulty ramps up to being so difficult that it is virtually unplayable. Character customization is pointless, and bike customization is just so limited in scope.
  4. Jul 9, 2013
    Wow I have read the reviews and who ever is saying that this game is good simply hasn't played Trials HD /Trials Evolution for Xbox 360. The gameplay is choppy (inconsistent frame rate), the physics are frustratingly unrealistic (which, in my opinion should be the heart and soul of any skill-based trial game) and cash rewards to upgrade your bike are based on finding hidden money bags, notWow I have read the reviews and who ever is saying that this game is good simply hasn't played Trials HD /Trials Evolution for Xbox 360. The gameplay is choppy (inconsistent frame rate), the physics are frustratingly unrealistic (which, in my opinion should be the heart and soul of any skill-based trial game) and cash rewards to upgrade your bike are based on finding hidden money bags, not based on skill rewarded gameplay. This game demonstrates overall poor developmental execution, considering it is made out to be the ps3 version equivalent to RedLynx's successful Trials franchise. I love ps3 and Xbox 360 equally, so don't get all butt hurt over this review if you think I'm an Xbox fanboy. Try it for yourself and you will see that Urban Trials Freestyle is a shameless, brutal attempt to mimic the playability of RedLynx's masterpiece. Trust me, I really wanted this game to be awesome and gave it an honest chance, but was quite disappointed. Who on earth are writing these reviews to say this could score any higher than a potential 4/10? To say UTF is even a flash in the pan compared to the nuclear bomb of pure uncompromising fun gameplay of THD/TE would be an insult to any coherent human being's intelligence. I cannot believe IGN actually gave this game a good review, and only makes me feel like something was going on under the table between them and the developer to make people think it is worth buying. Don't waste your money. Collapse

1. Jun 4, 2013
    I wouldn't classify this as a must-play title, but if you're starved for a Trials HD experience on a non-Microsoft platform, Urban Trial Freestyle does just enough to do the trick.
  2. CD-Action
    May 13, 2013
    Controls are not as superb as in Trials Evolution, physics engine not as perfectly precise and the challenges not as insanely over the top. That’s why Urban Trial Freestyle is a rival for Joe Danger rather than Trials Evolution. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.75]
  3. Games Master UK