7.4

1. Feb 28, 2012
    Well this is my favorite fighter ever. I learned Lau. I bought the stategy guide. I wouldn't be a fighting game fan if it weren't for this. The flow and the technicallity. Just play It. Just play It. Learn it.
  2. Mar 24, 2017
    I was a fan of VF4 right when it came out. I think VF5 has great graphics and all the gameplay of Virtua Fighter 4. Some of the character materials and animations seem too close to VF4. But this is a good version of Virtua Fighter. This one installs to the PS3 and there is no online updates. The game just works. It has some cool customizations. I'm not sure if the AI mode is on here. TheI was a fan of VF4 right when it came out. I think VF5 has great graphics and all the gameplay of Virtua Fighter 4. Some of the character materials and animations seem too close to VF4. But this is a good version of Virtua Fighter. This one installs to the PS3 and there is no online updates. The game just works. It has some cool customizations. I'm not sure if the AI mode is on here. The new characters are OK. This is a non-buggy fighting game with good graphics. To appreciate the game you must kind of dance against the A.I. and learn a few combos. Then it gets pretty fun. Its not a unbalanced fighter like MK and SF. This was the first 3d fighter and they did it justice through 5 versions, which is not true for other Sega games! I'm glad I picked this up. This is better than most of the free online fighters, and sword fighters. If you are a Sega fan or fighting fan, just pick this one up! Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2016
    Virtua fighter 5 is awesome game for ps3, it has amazing controls with if you use siaxis/dualshock 3 and joystick, it's a shame that it doesn't have online like 360 does, Buy vf5 for ps3 game if you're interested.
  4. May 11, 2016
    Better than that pile of sh!t called tekken more like TurdKan. This is the real dealas where tekken is a clunky, quantity or quality pile of juggle trash. Virtua Fighter is the original and the best. It has realistic refined gameplay it doesn't rely on retarded gimmicks like lazer beams, devils, and kangaroos. Thats why namco piles on the content to hide the pile of shht that thatBetter than that pile of sh!t called tekken more like TurdKan. This is the real dealas where tekken is a clunky, quantity or quality pile of juggle trash. Virtua Fighter is the original and the best. It has realistic refined gameplay it doesn't rely on retarded gimmicks like lazer beams, devils, and kangaroos. Thats why namco piles on the content to hide the pile of shht that that gameplay is. you have 3 buttons and endless depth with vf5 what do you get with tekken 4 buttons and characters that are clunky and rely on cheap juggle combos not to mention the choppy animations in all tekken games. VF has 2 similar characters tekken has doubles of every character and most play the same they all rely on the same combo system. In VF there are differences as Aikido relies on reversals, wrestlers rely on grappling, judo relies reversals and grapples, sumo strikes and throws, muay thai strikes etc. In tekken not to many characters represent their supposed martial art to well. Tekken is a strike launch juggle system that feels the same withevery character. If you enjoy tekken then you belong on a short yellow bus. VF is the best 3d fighter followed by DOA which is a rough copy of VF. Expand
  5. FarooqA.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Martial arts can't become anymore authentic. -Perfect clipping ! You have to see to believe, cloth and bodies perfectly slide over each other. -Best visuals in a fighting game ever ! -Outstanding weather effects set the mood for kung-fu fighting. Simulated water, snow, sand and breakable floors, what more can you ask for?
  6. Paul
    Jan 8, 2010
    As a show piece for two skilled Virtua fighter players, this game is excellent. Competing games in this genre probably still seek to emulate its
  7. IsaacB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Best 3D fighter ever. MUCH faster than Dead or Alive 4, much better graphics, better gameplay, 60 frames per second locked, and of course, the characters you've all grown to love. A must buy for PS3.
  8. GarricB.
    Mar 2, 2007
    The game is spectacular looking. The character models are good and the backgrounds are even better. They did take some stuff out of Evo like being able to save all replays (you can only save them in Vs. mode) among other things, but the game is a fighter's dream come true.
  9. PeterJ.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Great game. The first game I purchased for my new PS3 and I must say that I love it. It will take a while to figure out all the moves, and if they didn't have the DOJO to practice them then I would probably give this game a lower score. But they do! My son and I will enjoy fighting each other for years to come!
  10. AlecB.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Incredible just picked it up today and damn was it good. Best PS3 game beside rfom but damn near close. The graphics are amazing.
  11. ZiftK.
    Feb 24, 2007
    A great fighting game. If you're a fan of the genre, what're you waiting for, go pick it up.

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Virtua Fighter 5 kicks everyone's ass up and down the block. Sure some fighting series like "Soul Calibur" and "Tekken" distract you with all kinds of extra modes and, uh, bowling, but VF5 rises above the pack thanks to the sheer depth of its gameplay. [Mar 2007, p.84]
  2. Virtua Fighter 5 is downright incredible. Its a near perfect port from the Arcades and features some of the most engrossing gameplay and visuals ever to grace a home console. [JPN Import]
  3. As an intelligent and masterful 3D beat 'em up experience, this is as pure as it gets. [JPN Import]