Virtua Fighter 5 PlayStation 3

7.4

1. FarooqA.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Martial arts can't become anymore authentic. -Perfect clipping ! You have to see to believe, cloth and bodies perfectly slide over each other. -Best visuals in a fighting game ever ! -Outstanding weather effects set the mood for kung-fu fighting. Simulated water, snow, sand and breakable floors, what more can you ask for?
  2. Paul
    Jan 8, 2010
    As a show piece for two skilled Virtua fighter players, this game is excellent. Competing games in this genre probably still seek to emulate its
  3. IsaacB.
    Mar 18, 2007
    Best 3D fighter ever. MUCH faster than Dead or Alive 4, much better graphics, better gameplay, 60 frames per second locked, and of course, the characters you've all grown to love. A must buy for PS3.
  4. Feb 28, 2012
    Well this is my favorite fighter ever. I learned Lau. I bought the stategy guide. I wouldn't be a fighting game fan if it weren't for this. The flow and the technicallity. Just play It. Just play It. Learn it.
  5. May 11, 2016
    Better than that pile of sh!t called tekken more like TurdKan. This is the real dealas where tekken is a clunky, quantity or quality pile of juggle trash. Virtua Fighter is the original and the best. It has realistic refined gameplay it doesn't rely on retarded gimmicks like lazer beams, devils, and kangaroos. Thats why namco piles on the content to hide the pile of shht that thatBetter than that pile of sh!t called tekken more like TurdKan. This is the real dealas where tekken is a clunky, quantity or quality pile of juggle trash. Virtua Fighter is the original and the best. It has realistic refined gameplay it doesn't rely on retarded gimmicks like lazer beams, devils, and kangaroos. Thats why namco piles on the content to hide the pile of shht that that gameplay is. you have 3 buttons and endless depth with vf5 what do you get with tekken 4 buttons and characters that are clunky and rely on cheap juggle combos not to mention the choppy animations in all tekken games. VF has 2 similar characters tekken has doubles of every character and most play the same they all rely on the same combo system. In VF there are differences as Aikido relies on reversals, wrestlers rely on grappling, judo relies reversals and grapples, sumo strikes and throws, muay thai strikes etc. In tekken not to many characters represent their supposed martial art to well. Tekken is a strike launch juggle system that feels the same withevery character. If you enjoy tekken then you belong on a short yellow bus. VF is the best 3d fighter followed by DOA which is a rough copy of VF. Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2016
    Virtua fighter 5 is awesome game for ps3, it has amazing controls with if you use siaxis/dualshock 3 and joystick, it's a shame that it doesn't have online like 360 does, Buy vf5 for ps3 game if you're interested.
  7. GarricB.
    Mar 2, 2007
    The game is spectacular looking. The character models are good and the backgrounds are even better. They did take some stuff out of Evo like being able to save all replays (you can only save them in Vs. mode) among other things, but the game is a fighter's dream come true.
  8. AlecB.
    Feb 20, 2007
    Incredible just picked it up today and damn was it good. Best PS3 game beside rfom but damn near close. The graphics are amazing.
  9. ZiftK.
    Feb 24, 2007
    A great fighting game. If you're a fan of the genre, what're you waiting for, go pick it up.
  10. PeterJ.
    Sep 17, 2007
    Great game. The first game I purchased for my new PS3 and I must say that I love it. It will take a while to figure out all the moves, and if they didn't have the DOJO to practice them then I would probably give this game a lower score. But they do! My son and I will enjoy fighting each other for years to come!
  11. Aug 1, 2014
    This is one of my favorite fighting games of all time for many reasons. What makes it different from Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter is the realism in the game. In Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they have fireballs and other projectiles that don't exist in real life. In Virtua Fighter, each fighter is known for their specific martial art (ie. Kickboxing, Judo). The arcade mode is fun andThis is one of my favorite fighting games of all time for many reasons. What makes it different from Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter is the realism in the game. In Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter they have fireballs and other projectiles that don't exist in real life. In Virtua Fighter, each fighter is known for their specific martial art (ie. Kickboxing, Judo). The arcade mode is fun and the final boss is pretty tough, even on normal. But what really makes this game stand out is the Quest Mode where you can create your own gamer profile and rise in rank to become a force to be reckoned with. They use the 'Dan' system in it which is correlated to Black Belt ranks in real martial arts and the opponents really do get hard the higher you go, not to mention if you put it on hard. In this mode you are also able to customize your character and win items, emblems, and other cool stuff that really allows you to give yourself your own unique identity in the game.

What I would have liked to see in this game is the ability to create your own character but I know it did come out in 2007. I also bought it because I found it used for $4.99 in the bargain bin at my local video game store. And I had played Virtua Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 EVO a lot with my friends back in the day.

My personal favorite characters are Lei-Fei, Kage Maru, and Jacky. Each character has it's own learning curve so you can be somewhat successful if you are a beginner by using the 'beginner' characters but even if you are an expert, the 'beginner' characters can be used effectively if you know their moves/combos.

I recommend this title highly for Dad's who need a game to play with their middle school kid casually since there is no blood and gore and it can teach some sound martial arts techniques.

1. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Virtua Fighter 5 kicks everyone's ass up and down the block. Sure some fighting series like "Soul Calibur" and "Tekken" distract you with all kinds of extra modes and, uh, bowling, but VF5 rises above the pack thanks to the sheer depth of its gameplay. [Mar 2007, p.84]
  2. Virtua Fighter 5 is downright incredible. Its a near perfect port from the Arcades and features some of the most engrossing gameplay and visuals ever to grace a home console. [JPN Import]
  3. As an intelligent and masterful 3D beat 'em up experience, this is as pure as it gets. [JPN Import]