Virtua Tennis 2009 PlayStation 3

6.5

1. PaulDisappointed
    Jul 8, 2009
    If u had the last installment, then u may as well buy that again and have two copies. There is such minimal changes to the game. The one thing I was excited about, Online play, was so laggy its practically unplayable. The other player appears on the other side of the court just as the ball is hit. And yes I have a fast ADSL connection. I still gave the game a 7 because it still is a good If u had the last installment, then u may as well buy that again and have two copies. There is such minimal changes to the game. The one thing I was excited about, Online play, was so laggy its practically unplayable. The other player appears on the other side of the court just as the ball is hit. And yes I have a fast ADSL connection. I still gave the game a 7 because it still is a good game, like the last one. So if u never played the other installments it really is worth buying. I will try out the online a few more times because I might have been playing people with slow connections in other countries ? If that is the case, they should be banned (lol). Expand
  2. MohanFernandez
    Oct 1, 2009
    nothing new about the game really, gets boring, its too much of an arcade and doesnt allow much chance of perfecting game tecnique, its just a hit the button game, no skill required for it.
    its just like a game for time killing than really playing to enjoy.
    its just like a game for time killing than really playing to enjoy.
    no improvements in the gameplay, i hate not to have a chance to hit the ball where i want to hit it, the ball might just go where the game wants it too.
    i have played games in JAVA that have better game play than this
  3. BrianB.
    Jun 20, 2009
    This could have been a great game, as I'm a huge fan of VT3 and have been dying for online play. Unfortunately, this has to be one of the glitchiest games I've ever played. From minor stuff to major stuff, like a well known glitch messing up your character save file after putting hours and hours into your character. I'd advise to stay away until you read on message boards This could have been a great game, as I'm a huge fan of VT3 and have been dying for online play. Unfortunately, this has to be one of the glitchiest games I've ever played. From minor stuff to major stuff, like a well known glitch messing up your character save file after putting hours and hours into your character. I'd advise to stay away until you read on message boards that Sega has fixed this gawd awful attempt at a videogame. Seriously, it's as if they let their Sonic team create a tennis game, that's how bad it is. Expand
  4. JoshK
    Jun 12, 2009
    Besides the roster, some courts, and other small changes this is literally the same game as Virtua Tennis 3. AND VT3 was the worst of the series imho.
    They seemingly tried to improve the game a bit. So you go from diving all over the place in VT3, to stumbling in VT2009. Also no longer do all top spin shots you hit at the net go long. Um..........there's new players.......and thats it.....
    The fact is that this series peaked with VT2 on the Dreamcast years ago. SEGA has not improved the immersion factor at all, the gameplay is exactly the same as VT3 (which was worse than VT2). They even recycled the music from VT3 (with was awful then and almost an insult now). Do not buy this game until it is $20 or less. Playing as Djokovic or Murray aint worth $50
  5. RogerR.
    Jun 13, 2009
    Are there any changes from the previous installments? "players will slide on the clay"? that's just an outright lie!!! you guys ought to be sued for misleading advertising! doubles matches will lag, stupid music, arcady gameplay that REALLY needs to be changed, no licenses. This game is such a let down. I've already traded it in and have reverted back to my Top Spin 3, andAre there any changes from the previous installments? "players will slide on the clay"? that's just an outright lie!!! you guys ought to be sued for misleading advertising! doubles matches will lag, stupid music, arcady gameplay that REALLY needs to be changed, no licenses. This game is such a let down. I've already traded it in and have reverted back to my Top Spin 3, and looking forward to grand slam tennis later in the year. Expand
  6. Nov 16, 2010
    The game engine itself is fine but the lack of options or any 'real' career mode is unforgivable. Online is a poor experience. Why can't they make a real tennis sim where peopel start as a lowly amateur and work their way up. In virtua tennis you meet Federov after like one game.......hardly realistic. Looks pretty plays ok, better for a post pub bash with a mate.

1. Virtua Tennis supports the stamp typical of the saga with a dynamic, fast, accessible and entertaining game. Nevertheless, the absence of innovations in his playability turns it into a title with minimal attraction for the user who already knows the saga. Only the on-line modes and the Davis Cup they separate it from the previous games of the series. SEGA must think about where they want to take the saga, because the stagnation can start being dangerous.
  2. Virtua Tennis 2009 is still a great tennis game, and it arrives at the right moment, far enough from the last installment for sports fans to want a little more of Virtua Tennis. The only thing to criticize is the few changes in comparison with the last game.
  3. For fans, this is a first service short of unmissable.