Warhawk PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Aug 28, 2007
8.4

1. JackS.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Would have given this a 9.5 if it wasn't for the glitches. For some reason it ranks me straight up to commander as soon as I take it online. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?
  2. KelR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    For me this was a pretty big let down. I was really looking foward to the multiplayer part of this game and after several hours of playing online I've come to the conclusion that It's over-hyped and boring. This is supposed to be the next generation of games so why does my character look like a big block head lego guy? The only redeeming part of the game is the mediocre dog For me this was a pretty big let down. I was really looking foward to the multiplayer part of this game and after several hours of playing online I've come to the conclusion that It's over-hyped and boring. This is supposed to be the next generation of games so why does my character look like a big block head lego guy? The only redeeming part of the game is the mediocre dog fights, which are slightly amusing. There are too few maps to play on and the ground combat part of the game is weak. Just rent it first before you blow your money on this one. Expand
  3. Barry
    Nov 26, 2007
    Can be fun and addictive often, but the lack of scope and aim in this game is a real letdown. An even bigger letdown is that there is no singleplayer.. it just feels like a rushed game that the dev's have wanted to get rid of during the BETA stages. Not many bugs from what i can see but that's far from the point.. If this game had singleplayer campaign mode it would be a really Can be fun and addictive often, but the lack of scope and aim in this game is a real letdown. An even bigger letdown is that there is no singleplayer.. it just feels like a rushed game that the dev's have wanted to get rid of during the BETA stages. Not many bugs from what i can see but that's far from the point.. If this game had singleplayer campaign mode it would be a really great PS3 title. Graphics are ok, but don't compare to the likes of Assassin's Creed, COD4 10 fold. Worth £20 max for what u are getting... rent it first. Expand
  4. Jakes
    Aug 27, 2007
    The game just isn't that good. The concept works and the gameplay is pretty fun, but the balancing issues prove quite quickly that you don't have as many real options as it first seems. That is, not if you want more kills than deaths.

I really think this game had potential as a full fledged title with single player and co-op and next gen graphics. I mean, the concept and general gameplay is there. But as it stands, it isn't really worth bothering with, even at $40.
    If all you have is a PS3, you can consider the title. But you are better off just waiting for a real shooter like UT3.
    I could see some people really liking this title. My friend seems to enjoy it plenty. But after a few hours with it personally I just don't think it is good enough for my gaming time.
  5. GooseDude
    Aug 28, 2007
    Six Axis Controls are useless and are definitely not a way to showcase its use. 60$ package is a waste of money as most PS3 owners already have a headset. 40$ download is only playable on the purchasing PSN Account per console. Truly a Battlefield Clone....but nowhere near as good. IMO it is a gutted version of what it could have been and rushed to market. I loved the original WARHAWK!!!
  6. MartinK.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The game is pretty much planetside meets battlefield. The game isn't setting any new standards, and is pretty much a ripoff of other games. The controls are so and so. But as a "cheap" network game, you do get something for your money. For replayability I would go for something else.

1. May 14, 2012
    With a new sci-fi setting, transformable mechs and some brand new RTS mechanics, the original Warhawk formula has definitely grown up but all this novelty come for a price.
  2. PSM Magazine
    It's fun enough, but even with the headset, it's too expensive for a game that you cannot play by yourself, and its balancing issues severely limit what you can do in the game. [Oct 2007, p.77]
    It's not easy to create a multiplayer game that's utterly accessible to first-timers and yet varied enough to have serious legs.