• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2007
8.4

1. Nov 29, 2010
    This could be the greatest on line 3rd person shooter game for the PS3. The only bad part is the people who spawn kill. If there was a system in the game to automatically kick spawn killers, it would be so much better. If you are looking to buy this game, you will regret it if you don't. the people in planes are the worst. They just go around killing troops with machine guns. Overall, its the best shooter game out there for the PS3. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    Bought this game at Game Stop for $5 ! Let me say that those were the best $5 I've ever spent! Such an underrated, yet highly ADDICTING GAME! Once you start, you won't stop! Great job SCEA!!!
  3. Jun 25, 2011
    Warhawk is definitely one of the best Playstation 3 exclusives out there. Although it is a multiplayer only game, it didn't need a single-player campaign to better the experience. The online multiplayer is fast-paced and is a AAA experience people will never forget. With huge battlefields and a variety of game-modes, this game will keep you addicted and coming back. As a remake and a successor of the first Warhawk (released in 1995) this game was a huge step forward. As one of the first releases in the game lineup with the debut of Playstation 3, this game was the best of the lot and i still think it competes with other major titles. This game is unique. Teamwork and Coordination prevails over individual needs. You'll never know what might happen any second as every game you play is a completely new experience. However there are a few issues though. The game isin't as rewarding. Ranking up only unlocks new customizations (they did it to keep all players equal) and ranking up is slow.... extremely slow. (keeps you playing) The point - system isn't very rewarding and it can get frustrating. But considering how much fun you can have flying and on ground in many different map layouts... it doesn't count. With Starhawk, the sequel coming out 2012... Warhawk fans and players will be well rewarded.

You will die a lot in this game... but the more you play.. them more experience you get... and the better you get at the game. It worked for me and thousands of other players. There is lots of variety: dogfights, ground skirmishes, tank battles, getting in a jeep with another player and shooting the hell out of everyone..... infinite possibilities. This game is a must-own for very Playstation 3 owner and a must-play. One of the best PS3 exclusives. P.S The game is still alive and lots of people still play the game. :)
  4. Dec 13, 2011
    I bought this game in 2010, three years after the game was published so - yes it seemed a bit old in graphics etc. but I give it a try. It was interesting at first, there were some players in online (this is an online-only game!) and I had a friend also who bought this game so we tested the online. I did play it over 15 hours so it wasn't that bad. Actually, the 4-player split/screen online was something I really appreciate, that should be done more often in games! But in the end, the game had bad controls, IMO some dominant strategies, lacks in gameplay and also because this is a online-only game, it only last while it has players. I do admit my rating is a bit low on this but I can't give better I didn't like it. This is different from other shooters so you should watch clips from this game, maybe it's for you. A bit mixed feeling about this game. Expand
  5. Oct 30, 2011
    Warhawk is a very Battlefront-esqe 3rd person shooter. Purely internet based, it delivers a wonderful action-based from of playing, with incredibly balanced weapons. Death Match and Team Death Match isn't really what Warhawk was made for, but the Capture the Flag mode wins me over every time I play it. However, starting out can be quite difficult, but that is to be expected, but it does have the sense to only allow a certain rank range in the Ranked/Pointgain servers. Warhawk is simply what people will always want: Nearly nonstop action, and a whole lot of fun. Definitely one to add to the collection. Expand
  6. Jun 18, 2013
    Great game! Lots of customization options; weapons and vehicles are balanced; fun maps; varied gameplay. It's a steal considering that a used copy of this game is under $10. Hours of fun!
  7. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is my favorite game ever, and I have played this game a lot (1400+ Hours and counting). You're given a lot of freedom in this game, you can fly, you can be a troop, you can drive jeeps and tanks and if you get the DLC, APC's, Dropship's and Jetpack's are available to you. No it doesn't have the best graphics, no it doesn't have single player, yes it is old, but its still fun. It does have a serious learning curve, its not like Call of Duty where within a weak you'll be the highest rank and doing great, it takes time and even though I have played of for so long I still need improvement. The people who say this game suck are usually the ones who never gave it a chance or expected to go in and just kill everyone and have everything go their way. If anything is wrong with this game, its not the game itself, its the players. And because you have freedom the jerky players do get annoying at times but nothing you can't work out.

Basically what I'm saying is, this game is hard, its different, its full of idiots, but its still a great game and you just have to give it a chance. You're not going to be a star player the day you buy it. but you don't have to to have fun. If anyone see's this I suggest picking it up used at Gamestop, its only $3 there, its still online, still a good player count, still as fun as its always been. The main thing to do is just to try when you play, don't give up, just try.
  8. Feb 16, 2014
    This game is really summed up in a few words: best third person shooter ever. The multiplayer stages are massive and full of places to discover. The controls are nearly flawless and add to the challenge of besting your friends. Teamwork is a massive component of his game and when done it works out perfectly. And when you think that you just about done everything, there is dlc awaiting. Boy is it worth it. Not only is the dlc incredibly creative and useful but it is also balanced so that it isn't a huge advantage to have it. All in all this game was the reason I got into shooters. Buy it immediately if you have not already! Expand

1. May 14, 2012
    With a new sci-fi setting, transformable mechs and some brand new RTS mechanics, the original Warhawk formula has definitely grown up but all this novelty come for a price.
  2. It's fun enough, but even with the headset, it's too expensive for a game that you cannot play by yourself, and its balancing issues severely limit what you can do in the game. [Oct 2007, p.77]
    It's not easy to create a multiplayer game that's utterly accessible to first-timers and yet varied enough to have serious legs.