7.9

1. Mar 26, 2012
    Really enjoying this game so far, I love the changes they've made throughout this series. Though I haven't played the previous WO games, I really enjoy the battle system where I can switch constantly unleashing hell. Many of the things that bothered me about these games, such as archers/rifleman being broken as hell, have been fixed and the new way they've handled weapons (you can fuseReally enjoying this game so far, I love the changes they've made throughout this series. Though I haven't played the previous WO games, I really enjoy the battle system where I can switch constantly unleashing hell. Many of the things that bothered me about these games, such as archers/rifleman being broken as hell, have been fixed and the new way they've handled weapons (you can fuse your old ones into your new ones) makes it so you don't just toss away the weapon you worked so hard to upgrade.

Overall I gave the game a 9 (more an 8.5), because although the game is a blast it does have some things that bring it down. First of all would be that some of the enemy officers can do an obscene amount of damage with their musou attacks, often killing your character during it's duration as you're stun-locked the whole time. The other being what other people generally gripe about is that although they have refined many aspects of the game, it still feels very much like every other game in the series, which means if you have recently played other games of the genre, you may lose interest in this game rather quickly.
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    TRUE Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors fan game. Mixes both of the genres into one epic story. The best Orochi game to date. The amount of characters is insane, you're going to constantly forget who to play as. Tons of bosses and for the first time in WARRIORS history an EDIT LEVEL MODE! Great game by far. Sad thing is, it's hated so much in the West we only got Japanese voices.
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    The Oroichi series is my second favorite series after dynasty warriors empires which adds an extra layer of strategy. Oroichi 3 is absolutely packed with content which for fans of the series makes it the best yet. And with the extra guest characters appearing from other games like ryu hayabusa (ninja gaiden) and ayane from dead or alive (ninja gaiden? and guests from the samurai seriesThe Oroichi series is my second favorite series after dynasty warriors empires which adds an extra layer of strategy. Oroichi 3 is absolutely packed with content which for fans of the series makes it the best yet. And with the extra guest characters appearing from other games like ryu hayabusa (ninja gaiden) and ayane from dead or alive (ninja gaiden? and guests from the samurai series gives you a roster of 120 playable characters all with there own move set and musou attacks,And there own individual weapons which are upgradeable by weapon fusion of two weapons to add different types of elemental and xp,hp stats to strengthen the weapons. Just collecting and fully upgrading youre favorite characters weapons to create you final ultimate weapon could take you many enjoyable hours of play.
    Also added is the option to play any completed mission in co-op online mode. Unsure if there is an option to trade weapons items but i would guess yes more than likely. Then there is create edit a mission mode were you can alter the written script to make youre own story and change who appears in the mission. The more missions you complete the more pieces of content you unlock for use in the edit mode. Edit mode is an interesting addition adding hours of playtime as you can upload and download these custom missions too play. Cgi and character wallpapers are lovingly detailed and well drawn over-all the art work is high quality thru-out the game. There are a few minor issues like the menus the save option is hidden away in options so unless you look you think the game can only save an interim save within a battle and you lose that save when you continue. So if you dont find the save option straight away you can lose a few hours of play due too the save option not being available on the main menu. there is pop up enemy syndrome when turning the camera quickly or moving towards a new area but none of this is a game killer its just due to the amount of action shown on-screen. One minor bug that totally ruined one early mission for me was a gate closing behind me and locking me in an area with no enemies and no other way to proceed i was then told the gate controller needed killing to open the gate but he happened to be on the opposite side of the locked gate i had passed him in my rush to stop diamond back escaping. i interim saved and hope when i continue it may put me back at the other side of the gate. An amusing minor bug. Overall in these days of paid for add on content taking the place of free in game unlockables. Warriors Oroichi deserves praise for having so much content straight out of the box and for fans and new players a like is a great title.
  4. Apr 16, 2012
    For die hard fans of Koei warriors games like myself this game cannot get any better, a massive roster of characters from multiple franchises, combat more like the ps2 dynasty warriors titles which makes every character more unique than they were in dynasty warriors 7, kick ass soundtracks from games new and old, and a awesome story scenario for Koei fans, on top of a massive amount ofFor die hard fans of Koei warriors games like myself this game cannot get any better, a massive roster of characters from multiple franchises, combat more like the ps2 dynasty warriors titles which makes every character more unique than they were in dynasty warriors 7, kick ass soundtracks from games new and old, and a awesome story scenario for Koei fans, on top of a massive amount of content that fans should not miss out on. If you never liked Koei warriors games before this game won't change your mind, if you haven't played a Koei warriors game before this is the perfect place to start. All of the massive amount of content is well thought out, polished, and streamlined which makes for hands down the best Orochi game yet and one of the best warriors games ever. Expand
  5. Apr 4, 2013
    My score's really a 7.5, not an 8. I'm really enjoying this so far, I'm on chapter 3 but only just. The whole back and forth storyline is a little jarring, eg chapter 3 comes before chapter one, then chapter 2 and 4, but it doesn't really matter. The 'storyline' is only there for you to kill thousands of enemies in every battle. It's more in depth than the Dynasty Warriors games, theMy score's really a 7.5, not an 8. I'm really enjoying this so far, I'm on chapter 3 but only just. The whole back and forth storyline is a little jarring, eg chapter 3 comes before chapter one, then chapter 2 and 4, but it doesn't really matter. The 'storyline' is only there for you to kill thousands of enemies in every battle. It's more in depth than the Dynasty Warriors games, the Japanese voice actors work a lot better than the terrible english voice actors, and the in battle events, like the cut scenes, remind me of Dynasty Warriors 3 which was previously my favourite DW game along with DW7. This is undoubtedly a great hack and slash game, I love it and will be putting serious time into it over the next few weeks to max out some characters, get the best team together and beat the game. Very enjoyable and highly recommended. Expand

1. PSM3 Magazine UK
    May 16, 2012
    Impressively busy action is let down by repetitious combat and overlarge stages. Mind numbing to all but the diehards. [June 2012, p.109]
  2. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Apr 25, 2012
    The three main protagonists have a friend list that is almost as extensive as that of a 15 year old girl on facebook wearing a push up bra. Meaning you have to be a pretty determined collector to unlock them all. [May 2012, p.84]
  3. Apr 24, 2012
    Once again, this Musô title will be hated by many, and loved by a few. It's a very nice cross-over for fans of this beat'em all offspring, but one that will not appeal more to people who don't understand how others can enjoy playing Dynasty Warriors-like titles. But Warriors Orochi 3 knows how to please the fans.